Outward

why aren't you guys playing the comfiest RPG right now?

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSenjG-8lFRVbTAQEJJwEChaEhuXytOhucuJoiliEQm1iin4yw/viewform
discord.gg/GEwha6q
github.com/skully250/Outard-Mods-Repo/releases/tag/1.1
nexusmods.com/outward/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

but I am. Have been since launch, then bought a copy for a friend. Best damn game in years.

Attached: comfy winter.jpg (1920x1080, 515K)

I am

any waifus this game? i am not spamming i need to know plz

probably not, the models are ugly as hell.

No. The character models are goddamn hideous, but that isn't the point of the game. There are no heroes, no super powers or prophecies, just people struggling to survive.

One of your childhood friends is a girl who leaves early on to join the followers of Ellat and asks you to join her faction, apart from the old one-eyed village chief woman she's the only girl in the game I've seen that has dialog and isn't trying to murder you.

>check reviews on youtubes
>nothing
don't lie to me, is it worth 50$?

thank u anons

>why aren't you guys playing the comfiest RPG right now?

the world is empty and combat is shit

worth $20 at most

>50$

what the fuck, where do you live?

Absolutely. I described it to my friend as "comfy dark souls mixed with Breath of the Wild" and I still think that is a good description.

The only issue I can think of is if it doesn't align with what you are looking for. If you've ever played dark souls and thought "man, I wish I was also starving right now" or were playing Dragon's Dogma at night and thought "I wish it was darker and harder to gain skills" than this game may be for you.

It feels very much like a true to heart live action game play of 1-2 edition tabletop D&D. The world doesn't care about you beyond what it can gain from eating you, you start as a nobody peasant and every decent or cool thing you get needs to be earned through hard work and blood, either yours or, preferably, someone or something else's. At the same time, the world is filled with things that will put you down in seconds, and if it's not the monsters or bandits, it may be the coyotes, or the cold, or the heat, or hunger, or thirst, or fuck, you could bleed out while dying of an infected animal bite as you starve in the snow as your lantern runs out in the dark of winter night.

The real question is what you are looking for in an rpg? I love it so much I bought a second copy for a friend just for the coop, but you may very well hate it.

because I have this weird bug that won't let me actually rest so I can't complete the tutorial quest.looks fun tho

New patch released
>Region lock removed
>Items no longer disappear from backpack
>Issue with disappearing mana is fixed
>Broken map issue is no longer present
>Burac no longer gives skills for both players in multiplayer
>Force defeat button (hold both bumpers and both triggers while in pause menu)
>Holding the Lexicon in hand fixed
>Some more minor issues were resolved

let the hyenas kill you or restart

That sucks, you should definitely report it.

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSenjG-8lFRVbTAQEJJwEChaEhuXytOhucuJoiliEQm1iin4yw/viewform

gamepad or keyboard

Keyboard

I don't really mind small devs shilling or anything but at least try to be subtle about it. I'll give your game a look either way.

It's a bug report link. The dev team has been linking it in their steam forums to help catalog some of the bugs. They just posted it in a thread I was in about a camera issue for mouse users.

Quit being so paranoid.

Combat was so terrible I couldn't put up with the rest of what the game had to offer.

dev here.

fuck off :)

This, they somehow make it worse than Two World

welp

Attached: blessings of elatt be upon you.jpg (1920x1080, 311K)

those tits in game? i buy game

I am though

Attached: outward.jpg (1786x1004, 658K)

You look like a clown.

i am poor

honk honk nigger

Attached: 1549049091409.png (512x512, 112K)

FUCK ELATTFAGS AND FUCK BERGSHITTERS
LEVANT LEVANT

Attached: 20190330014242_1.jpg (1920x1080, 537K)

big tiddies alerts

Preach it.

Attached: Outward 2019-03-29 15-52-45-25.png (1920x1080, 2.67M)

shame they give you +15% damage, blue fags get +40 hp which is without a doubt superior

>I can't wait to be a rogue pirate character!
>ends up a gun mage

Attached: Outward 2019-03-31 10-24-45-69.png (1920x1080, 3.49M)

'Comfy' is not so hidden lingo for shit.

Elatt gets to pick between a damage bonus for certain elements or 10% mana/stamina cost reduction.
Cost reduction is probably the best.

Playing it, looks like fucking shit my god. Greataxe is the only viable melee weapon and about to go learn some damn magic in the mountain after making my blue sand armor and plundering the vendavel fortress. Pretty weird there's no quest involved with freeing the prisoners once you kill the Crock, the witch and Red faggot. My biggest complaint is why the FUCK is there no jump button or even mounts or a carriage or something to make going places much faster? I absolutely hate having to slowly walk to the only town in the zone with merchants to sell my loot.

Attached: 1553522287729.gif (473x238, 1.51M)

Guys is there a sorcery that lets me enchant my weapon with some magic shit, so I can take out those ghosts easily? Preferably without spending a breakthough point

theres a shit ton of merchants outside of the towns plus a fucking travelling merchant too, are you dumb

You need that what's it's name potion you put on your weapon. Combined with the ghost boon you get at Berg you anally rape any ghost you see in the game.

Does that statue have an asshole? If so, I rate this game dev 10/10, would play their game.

you mean the ghost eye + mana stone + wine bullshit? I knew of those but its a bother to make for every ghost I see

Fucking where? Outside of Cirezo and Berg there's fuck all aside the randonly spawning travelling merchant. And I'm encumbered with high value shit from gold chests or animal parts I wanna sell. Spending 10 minutes draining sprint to get normal walkspeed to go on the otherside of the map. Game needs a portal spell, feather potion, mounts or something.

Therr are boots that increase move speed and a mask you can get off the white birds that gives 20% faster speed.

Also sword+dagger swordsage elatt lightning king master race

Protip drop your bag. Now push button to pick it up and immediately start sprinting. Youre welcome.

Every area has a hidden merchant or more, the travelling merchant spawns randomly in all the zones you enter, I never had any trouble, ran into him in 3+ different locations each time

the game does need mounts though, or atleast gothic like portals for the cities

Wow that looks so fun, almost as if the dev was trying to sell it to me.

My main issue is the game is either annoyingly difficult/tedious with normal melee but then too easy with traps, magic, or great axe. I don't ever feel like my character or skills are growing since I either don't use those and die a lot, or do use those and never lose a fight again.

>heavy armor fag
>movement reductions all around
>reee walking is hard

>LMAO JUST DODGE BRO
fuck off with your clipping attack shit. Game with melee dodge is unplayable and only blocks with sidesteps work.

>actual skeletons
Finally.

Attached: Outward 2019-04-02 22-02-48-12.png (1920x1080, 2.52M)

Have you tried getting gud? The block is amazingly useful and refreshes if you dont hold it, and perfect timed blocks cause no guard loss. Defensive skills let you parry and riposte like a god.

>he doesnt know he can unlock and sprint out of the way of every attack for fraction of the stamina cost
souls newfags

I don't care about your retarded autism souls I'm trying to enjoy an rpg. If tbey implement Gothic portals, teleport spell or a feather potion this game would be a 20/10.

did gothic have a lock on or weight based rolling? Youre a retard lmao

>feature means it's DARK SOULS
The only retard here is you.

Did they fix the godawful stuttering issue?

Not him but yes to featherweight potions, or hireable porter that you can send back to town to sell shit on your behalf. No to portals, maybe to teleport at extreme cost manawise for only most dedicated magic-users

This sounds like a paid review. After you learn you first couple of skills or get some decent gear most wilderness enemies are chumps. Additionally I've been playing this game since launch and have yet to deal with "survival" mechanics. I've never taken damage from hunger or thirst, food and water is everywhere and you end up eating and drinking for combat buffs so never get hungry anyways. I haven't had any issues with weather either. Wait, i think I had to eat a pinecone once in the desert area but nothing anywhere else. Also skills are piss easy to get since money is the exp of this game. I walk outside the city, kill the first couple of enemies I run into, easy peasy with my two handed weapon, sell everything they drop, repeat. I usually get around 600 silver after doing this three times.

you have strong autism bro, really fucking strong

Why are you projecting so hard autistic soulsfag?

I didn't know that, but it'll be hard to go back to a playstyle that requires skill and thought in every fight. I've gotten use to 1-2 shotting everything and then moving on.

its a fucking similar video game you buzzword spewing zoomer faggot, I bet you suck dick with your 70 year olds levels of testosterone you fucking girl

not him but I can sprint out of the way of every attack while still locked on. Does breaking lock make you sprint faster or something?

Which last tier is better? No book or more powerful runes?
Wish the game was more specific with those buffs to runes

Attached: Outward 2019-04-03 00-08-05-81.jpg (1920x1080, 272K)

Yeah man, start a second file and go sword+dagger. Taking on three dudes at once is fun but tricky, turn off lockon and aim and time your stabs well. Knife is fast enough to strike and move for the most part, and the backstab tech makes positioning thru enemy attacks challenging but satisfying to pull off.

>locked on
you sprint around the enemies attack
>not locked on
you sprint away from the enemies attack

No it's not you spastic freezer temperature iq retard. This game is an Rpg while Dark Souls is an action dungeon game. Fuck you and everyone like you who compares everything under the sun to your overrated and garbage game.

No book absolutely. There is a certain staff and gear combo that gives 105% mana cost reduction

No book if you want to use a shield or two hander otherwise if you just spam spells anyways book is fine, especially since you can get a book that reduces spell cost

your iq must be in the double digits if you care this hard about people liking other video games, I bet you never even beaten a dark souls game LOL

My iq is 185, and I have made a videogame before that sells on steam.

>rpg
>you make one decision, which faction you join
>darksouls
>not an rpg
>you make two decisions
>which faction you join and which ending you choose

Went with no book, regret will come later.

the staff might not be necessary
95% mana cost reduction is good enough to never run out anyways with any one source of mana regen. And even without that, the extra rune power means you have to cast less to kill stuff anyways.

>playing coop
>am sword and board heavy armor dude and friend is going for big boy weapon bandit of sorts
>decide to join the divine mission after exploring a good amount of the first area, gearing up and getting a couple skill
>get wrecked by the first big dino in the swamp and end up in the city
were we meant to explore literally everything in the first area? we still don't have mana (and quite frankly don't really care) and most of the areas with skellies we had to give up on because we haven't found the recipe for ghost-hurting juice
at least food and water are a non-issue so far

And to add you can also drink wine to bring it over 100 anyways for long fights

How is spear combat, if it even exists?

I did stronger runes. It makes your sword deal additional lightning damage + acts as a torch. Rune protection at 5% more damage resist / +1 Prot / +10% elemental resist. rune heal adds a heal over time after the initial heal. Rune 2h sword gets Decay damage.

does stuff dropped in cities despawn? can't figure out how to buy a house

Staff has 40% bonus fire damage on it though...

advantage againts big monsters, disadvantage againts everything else

Spears and Polearms exist and are god tier.

Explain.

Unless you are going two handers you need abilities to win stand up fights. Never try to use a combo on an enemy unless they are knocked down or about to be knocked down, otherwise they will just attack you through your combo since no flinching in this game. Every enemy deals more damage than you and has more health than you so you will lose if you trade blows. I recommend you get the counterstrike ability from the monk trainer. It lets hit back after blocking an attack

Oh wow, I thought it just reduced mana cost. That is pretty good then if using fire. Is there a lightning variant?

fuck you

>no flinching in this game
Why do people keep fucking saying this?
Are they playing a different game or does the stability mechanic just not work on consoles or something?

is there a 2h magic? i imagine not with how the combat works, but a trog dropped a staff and i'm curious

You are confusing flinching with the knockdown mechanics which I mentioned in my post

I got the 1h sword stab and the shield bash, we haven't found the trainer for 2h axes though so my friend doesn't have any active skills so far I believe
I got a big ass steel shield from a bandit near some fortress so I can block hits for days while my pal kills them, worked well enough for the stone mantis miniboss thing at the top of the mountain

Only stagger after 50% bar is gone. This means light weapons will not be able to stagger shit without being very offensive. And that's the problem cuz they can't be stagger until then. I just cheese them with poison + bleeding though. Still unfun as hell. Considering switching to 2-handed weap

But enemies do flinch when their stability is half or less.

Is it true that you shouldn't start a quest if you don't want a timer to start counting? Especially for the bandits in the first city

Attached: image.jpg (735x968, 416K)

this is
My bad. I never noticed. I use a two hander normally so if they are below 50 I usually just knock them down. Sorry about that

this
Yea Forums at full force shilling as usual

Kick takes off like 50%, at least enough that your hits will stagger with any weapon.
Kick a nigga then smack them around, pick up the sweeping kick from the rogue trainer and then you've got two kicks.

>Considering switching to 2-handed weap
I recommend it. I think it is a lot funner, loads of damage and perma knockdown

I took the rogue breakthrough so I can roll with backpack on now. Probably will go for monk next. Also I hate the fact that all the counter skills have 100s for no reason. They're not even that strong to justify that cooldown.

So this is the next one huh? I'm not into bandwagon games like rust, conan, ark, h1z1, warz,dayz, assz, shitz and all the other shovelware you literal npcs are buying. Please concider suicide.

This game is shit, that's why

>mfw people actually spent money to play this college-tier video game project

Attached: 1553196394820.jpg (1242x1169, 68K)

Its to make the game more difficult :^)

i gave up trying to melee and am now enjoying bow
while yes you can do it, particularly if you are smart about consumables, it just doesn't feel fun because you must take hits

what the fuck are you on about? this is the flavour of the month indie rpg not some early access survival crafting trash

Attached: Outward_2019-04-03_15-43-59.jpg (1920x1080, 293K)

how 2 perma knockdown with 2 hander? i have a greatsword but my shit certainly doesn't knockdown.

its X is pretty good though.

Does the rune weapon do more damage to the ghost skellingtons? Friend and I are having trouble with them and making the potions to damage them more are a pain. I might just go rune magic if it means I can damage them more reliably.

Outward is nothing like those games.

Ghost skeletons are weak to Ethereal damage, which the runic blade deals exclusively.

any magic will do decent damage to them, the just resist physical and decay.
In fact if either of you are using guns and have some bones on you, 2 bones, flintlock, mana cocaine.
Makes a pistol that does half physical half ethereal damage.

>Blade Dancers

Attached: 1364932176703.png (582x600, 235K)

Oh damn, I'm actually offhanding a pistol now so I'll try that

it has to be occult bones by the way.

Or the game is fun and you're trying to find an excuse to be a sperg. They have a dev team of 10 fucking people, you think they even have the money to shill on this shithole?

The game looks fun because it is fun.

The combat fucking sucks it makes sekiro seem like a cakewalk in comparison

I want to join the Elatt Order and become a religious fanatic, is there magic I can use with 2h weapons or am I just fucked in that regard?

>jankfest devs make a shill thread

that's a bold strategy, cotton

Attached: 1553397067083.jpg (1520x1080, 177K)

sigil based magic is pretty solid but you'll mostly be doing fire damage.
Shaman wind sigil stacks on top of fire sigil which makes your spark a lot stronger.
Philo just for the mana regen and fire damage/resistance boost.

Then you cast the mana barrier inside a fire sigil which sets you on fire and ups your fire damage by 30%, you want to have as much fire resistance as you can get for this.

Please respond

Best faction for magic is Holy Mission right? As I've heard the questline gives either a passive damage buff or a mana cost reduction. Thought it might have been Blue Chamber initially, but from the sounds of it aside from an awesome lantern which would be awesome for flamethrower, they only offer a +40 hp boost. Which, while definitely making a mage more tanky, doesn't really do much for helping them take down enemies.

I guess it makes some sense though? I mean, Elatt was a mage who ascended to godhood.

>is there magic I can use with 2h weapons or am I just fucked in that regard?

You could go with spellsword. You can use a boon, infuse its powers into your 2h. Which not only would boost your 2h's damage but you could also then use elemental discharge to launch bolts of your chosen element out of your weapon.

Hey, that female face isn't so bad.

Why are the male faces retarded?

Remember to convert your silver into gold bars.

Thanks guys, I'll see and try stuff out

If Levant domesticated those Fire Beetles, then nobody could stop them.

Hell no, get the fitgirl torrent

Is magic actually good or am I better off with a >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>STEALTH ARCHER

>Souls combat
>Survival game
>Eurojank
Nah

>Tsar stones are rare as fuck
>even the Light Lich can't find them
>faggot blacksmith needs 11 of the fucking things to craft the Tsar armor set

Attached: 1354910548296.jpg (400x399, 21K)

>no companions
>nothing in the world besides flat fields and enemies
nice open world

>The world doesn't care about you

But it does, you have a special snowflake Blood Debt or whatever it's called.

This game was just way too janky and ugly for me. It feels unfinished. I like the concepts, but almost everything is executed poorly. Which is a shame because I love the idea of it. I hope they polish it up one day.

Attached: 788750C5-7C67-4337-8BF7-6F2C76AB394F.jpg (753x707, 331K)

>special snowflake Blood Debt
Not only does that idea go away after the first quest, but you're not the only one with a blood debt. It's a common thing in the Blue Collective.

>garbage combat easily describe as hold a or d to win
>garbage world that isn't persistent, if you kill a bandit, go into town and return the bandit has respawned, why? xd
>you literally can't jump. "open world" game where you can't jump over a fucking step or a fence, lmao nah dawg
>combat hard due to poor design not due to intentional mechanics
>Graphics that look like a ps2 game
>FORTY FUCKING DOLLARS LMAO

I know you're being paid to spam this retarded shit or you're just the dev yourself but you really need to eat shit and fuck off with this incredibly low tier garbage.

>garbage world that isn't persistent, if you kill a bandit, go into town and return the bandit has respawned, why? xd
What a blatant lie.

Any other better/cheaper games like Outward?

Oh, I've been wondering what they're for.

I've gotten like two from the gravestone in the starting area.

There is a risk that a timer will make some missions fail, but usually the npc giving it to you says so.

>>comfy winter
>tfw I head out to explore when I start my game and get wrecked by a pistol shrimp
>wake up and my lighthouse is gone
>spend what little money I have left on a tent and a suit of halfplate armor after selling all of my stuff
>it starts snowing in the starting area
>constantly freezing to death and have to stop every 5 minutes to make a campfire and warm up for 10 minutes because apparently you freeze to death in the time it takes to have a big shit if there is an inch of snow and its -5C outside
>comfy

Attached: firefox_2019-04-01_18-32-15.png (797x528, 760K)

>But it does, you have a special snowflake Blood Debt or whatever it's called.
How does owing a fuckload of money to some shitty village because your grandma fucked up make you a special snowflake?

i wonder if there are people who are actually this shit at video games

DSP

Choose to sacrifice myself in the Elatt ending.
Become a fucking walking demigod with just one month to live.

Attached: 20190403075056_1.jpg (1920x1080, 449K)

I eventually struggled my way to Berg and bought a fur tent, but it stopped snowing in the starting area like two days after I got the tent anyway

what the fuck does this have shitty protagonist dies ending fuck that shit

Too busy dying
Twice to be exact
(Fuck loads more than twice but yknow...)

For anyone having weird bugs the devs have a discord where they're all available to talk to. I pop in there whenever I run into something weird and people can usually tell you how to fix it, if not the devs make a note of it and add it to their list of things to fix.
discord.gg/GEwha6q

They also post patch notes here which is kinda nice

Attached: Discord_2019-04-03_03-02-18.png (1118x820, 341K)

so your safe just deletes itself after a month?

It's a choice you can make, Elatt is going to turn the queen of Levant into a god because she's been poisoned with corruption. However the process of becoming a god causes the scourge as the magic needed tears apart the body and feeds the corruption inside it.
Elatt asks for seven of his followers to sacrifice theirselves, because by this point you are appointed his champion he wants you to fight the scourge who are going to attack the city trying to stop it instead.
He tries to talk you out of it if you offer.

from what I've read, you get a progressively worse debuff that reduces your max health until it eventually reaches 90%
If it gets to 90% and you die you actually die for real, you then go into an afterworld where you hang out with Elatt and can talk to him
and still co-op.

On the off chance you're actually a dev, I just wanna say that your game is a breath of fresh air in a stagnant genre, and I wish nothing but massive success for you guys!

thanks user ive been burned by fucking me3 and enderal dont get why writers ruin fucking game endings with that tired shit

fortunately none of the endings actually end the game, meaning you have plenty of time to go do optional stuff like the lich fights.
Also means your character is preserved for going around putting stuff in legacy chests and playing coop.

>Really want to play this game splitscreen with my gf
>Remember that she will hardly be willing to play more than an hour a day and will always drag me down

make two saves

Im having lots of fun

I wish there was an easier way to be a pyromancer along with rune magic, like a fire spellsword. Rune mages are basically all electricity with a little decay end etheral

itd be cool if you could choose what element the rune sword starts with

yeah thats females for you, I dont know why any man with a pair would condemn himself to spending his video game time with his fucking gf, absolute faggotry

Do you get to join the god head? Or are you just a sacrifice and nothing more?

You can apply rags and varnishes to your spellsword.

And you think it's unimaginable that the devs would do it for free ?

Bad week for this to come out with Sekiro. Enjoying it when I need a break though. Cleared out 2 bandit camps so far. Does this game have it own forum or a good wiki? I wana know more about skills and factions but I don't want to watch videos or ask user.

I like the captured by bandits part, mount and blade feels. I also like camping in the bandit camp after getting my shid back and then wrecking the bandit leader that caught me off guard before.

yeah I know, I like being all self sufficient

I got the warm boon with the infuse fire on the rune sword along with the elemental projectile sword attack skill so I can lob around fireballs

I just want to throw around fireballs more often

also I wish the flamethrower didnt leave you pantsless for like 5 solid seconds

fire is pretty neat

I play crash with my fuckbuddy

I look forward to it every weekend

>>Remember that she will hardly be willing to play more than an hour a day and will always drag me down
replace play more than an hour a day with have sex and you described your future marriage

well the point of the sacrifice is to stop a second scourge, Elatt is repurposing a spell that was used to kill him when he started a tribe independant of the blue cunts that didn't follow the wind cult stuff.
The spell was to force the corruption inside himself to do everything it can to kill him, but he refused to die which turned him into a god and the corruption inside him turned into living beings obsessed with killing him, however they can't because he's not really alive anymore so they go after everything they can.
This is why they especially hate Elatt's followers, because he's put a piece of his soul inside all of them.

So anyway, the sacrifice is him channeling the same spell into her and having his followers as a buffer against the corruption to stop the bad side effects, instead taking what would be the second scourge inside their selves.

Been collecting fish and seaweed for like 20 minutes after completing the blood toll quest at the beginning. that was top comfy. COmbat is surprisingly heavy

Beavis pls

combat is soulless

Why is he making the queen of levant a goddess anyway?

And from the sounds of it what you're saying is the queen gets all the perks of the spell. You and six others just take only the downside. What does Elatt talk to you about once you die, anyway?

Attached: clean ass water.jpg (1920x1080, 541K)

I've not gotten to the point I die yet, though I got the fucking megabuff until I do.
I think he just talks to you about your playthrough.

any elemental buff helps with ghosts, arcane varnish helps the most tho

Attached: 230138866072212.png (1024x1013, 1.91M)

ESPN 8
the ocho

nice butte

Attached: Outward_2019-04-03_17-30-51.jpg (1920x1080, 596K)

Anyway, he's making her a god because he's obsessed with destroying the scourge, the reason that Levant's King and Queen are even ruling the place is they lead an army to destroy a giant Scourge monster.
During the Elatt storyline you find out how gods are made, the origin of the scourge and basically he didn't know this stuff and learns it through you. I think he's mostly excited not to be alone and to find somebody with the willpower to survive the ascension.

She turns up to negotiations to end a war on the brink of death from being shot with a poisoned bullet.
A coup happened because they were willing to end the war but the military didn't want to, even though everyone in the city is starving. She goes straight to the swamp and is more preoccupied with saving her people than being saved herself.

just started couch-op. We normally play boardgames, but this was fucking awesome experience.
>wife reads the warning sign in storage cave then yolos down
>fight a white turkey
>find a dude who gives us tribal favour for rescuing him
>we're low on hp and creepy bugs block our path so we head back to Cierzo
>don't know the way, it's completely dark so we just aim for the light house
>I catch cold for wearing too little
>absolutely darkness, not sure where the fuck we are.
>another white turkey fuck, we make a run
>suddenly city gates
reckless, but it was so worth it. Paid of blood debt right away

Run the game in administrator. Also don't pirate it next time.

Anyone playing on ps4 and want to play with me?

>Cannot rest: You will fall unconscious from exhaustion.
You fucking serious?

>You will never sacrifice your life so your god can get a new waifu

Not sure how feel

Don't have the energy to sleep, brah

I like this game in theory but after playing Sekiro this game's combat feel SO FUCKING JANK. Hits don't have any weight to them at all.

the fucked up thing is the woman has a husband.
This game is about NTR clearly.
Hell, even Cierzo's village head got cucked. She wanted the protags dad but he was too kind to a poor woman with a blood price.

Where's the AI companions?

Attached: 13424412231.jpg (601x495, 34K)

small indie company, be grateful for what you get swine

Get a friend.

REMINDER
if you get stuck or frustrated, think what would Roland do

Attached: roland knows whats up.jpg (1920x1080, 515K)

where can I find him after meeting him in Berg?

>Get a friend.
But I would rather have an AI companion that will play with me when ever I feel like it. Instead of having to hount on people with their own lives and financial status to play with me.

Attached: 13424412233.jpg (1280x720, 91K)

If your'e doing the Blue Collective questline he's at the collective's path to conflux mountain

Is there a cheatsheet for the runes?

Attached: outward runic magic.jpg (853x257, 71K)

Go to your spell tab and click on 'Cosmetic' and summon your cock buddy.

Oh, shit. I guess I should have asked the trainer.

I having fun the same as anyone else but no, the game is not worth that much right now, there is still too much the devs needs to fix. I would pay no more than $25 for it's current build. Since there is no special loot or multiplayer to speak of there is no reason not to wait until the the next steam sale.

I am sorry, but this game is atrocious. I can endure empty world, I can endure janky abusable combat, I can endure boring survival and pointless "inventory management", but there is one thing that I can not.

Insufferable baguette names. "Levant"? "Mansoon"? If I wanted fromage I would pick French in the options. Fucking awful.

"RPG" my ass. If it was RPG I could assassinate the guard in front of my house in the night, bar the door from the outside and set in on fire. How do you like that faggots? Do you like my fucking house now? You want some "blood price"? Well if you claim me criminal might as well do the crime.

Piece of shit game, cant even attack NPC. Its 2019, lol. "Souls"?? In what Souls game you cant attack NPC?

In short - play skyrim with Campfire+Forstfall/Hypothermia+RealisticNeedsAndDiseases/iNeeds - 1000% better survival experience. You can actually set up wholesome camp and hiking up the Throat of the World feels like an experience, cos hiking up that bald purple magic mountain sure as hell does not. And WTF, no WALK key? Why? (unless you have to half press the thumbstick, but I dont play on gamepad/joystick).

He's witholdling this knowledge until you bring him some desert treats (or unlock his breakpoint I guess)

It's the only way to get infuse holy through the Holy Mission?

Have a spellblade and really want to try launching lightning projectiles.

I have discovered the true power of a pistol build. You blast them with the pistol at close range and then immediately start hitting them to break their stability and stun lock them. If you knock them down and they recover stability you just switch to another pistol and repeat.
Also the burning debuff from the obsidian pistol does amazing damage over time.

Attached: pirate.jpg (275x183, 15K)

>I have discovered the true power of a pistol build. You blast them with the pistol at close range and then immediately start hitting them to break their stability and stun lock them.
My sweet summer child. The true power of the pistol build is to have 7 pistols.

Well obviously you have 7 pistols, but you don't just shoot them over and over. You use the impact from each pistol blast to get a big chain of melee hits.

Guy in Monsoon gives Lightning Boon for 50 silver, no need to join their faction to get it

Not the boon, I mean infuse. The spell that takes a boon and shoves it into your weapon.

I know you get it if you join the holy mission. Just wonderting of there's an alternate means.

Its a worse dark souls 2. Good job.

Cool fake opinions bro.

DS2 is the best in that series, so that's not really a bad thing.

Cool shill posts about this game being any good, bro?

Spellblade trainer in Cierzo

Actually,thatd be dark souls one. And dont get me wrong i am not saying i dont like it. I really like dark souls 2. But there really is something missing from it. Its like tasting an offbrand version of something.

He only teaches infuse fire and frost

you can never get back your breakthrough points right? don't want to waste them before i see all the classes

Nope. 3 is all you get and no respecing.

How to heal yourself at the beginning of the game? I got like 2 bandages and that's it.

>roll with a backpack
>get hit
>lose my coralhorn bow
>just fucking deleted itself
thanks game

until you can cook yourself some meat based food or craft potions, all you have is bandages

Eat meat. It will give you HoT buff.

Sleep.

just meat over a campfire will give me a HoT?

Not an option to waste so much time until I have 150 shekels

what is the recommended progression for areas? i left the start map after snow fell an got lost in the swamp full of dinosaurs, then tried to get to berg through a tower full of electric assholes. i made it to berg but i feel like i'm not properly prepared for anything outside of the starting area

meat based food is for healing between fights. bandatages heals faster but not as much
these two things stack

also be sure to dismantle any trash clothing you find to make linen to craft more bandages.

bring a bandage to the beack at the end of the storage area, give it to the dude near the ship debris then you won't need to waste 150 pesos

Why is holy mission the only faction with faction specific spells?

Because they're the only faction with anything to do with spells.

I hope this game gets an expansion of some sort. Could really use a secret side quest to increase your number of breakthrough points.

Every meat dish. It says in descriptions of them. Jerky from bandits too.

Blue chamber has nothing to do with spells? They struck me as being the more traditional version of spell casters to be honest. Even their faction equipment seems better for spell casting.

OwD

"Comfiest", lol. Try sitting by the campfire in Skyrim with ENB if you wan't to know what the comfort in videogame is.

why cant I hold all of this money

Attached: inwards.jpg (1786x1004, 592K)

game has shit delayed movement
unplayable

>open world souls clone with crafting and survival
>Yea Forums gobbles it up

Attached: 1553457294367.jpg (600x683, 33K)

>souls clone
where did this fucking meme come from? It has a dodge roll and stamina bar and you fighting enemies. is that souls now?

Attached: 1415830781028.gif (245x179, 945K)

Medicore trash, get some goddamn taste

>avatarfagging mercy
as if you would have any fucking friends to begin with you fucking retard.

Yes

Starting Area < Forest < Swamp < Desert seems to be the difficulty of the areas

>game is not comfy

Attached: 0016.jpg (1786x1004, 705K)

This game reminds me of No Man Sky - janky boring mess that people worshiped before they actually had to play it. Even purple grass looks the same.

Attached: no-mans-grass.jpg (1916x1066, 691K)

Can you pirate it?

duh

how is the ps4 version?

Attached: 1554181292739.gif (220x165, 181K)

for the bandit one attacking the city, I just stayed in that region and I never failed the mission and several in-game weeks went by I think. I died a lot

Why your webcam is so small?

I keep restarting the game because things go wrong. Send help.

Im altering my resolution to fit the tv screen which is literally bigger than your entire fucking house you braindead nigger

That's a skill,. you can see the 5 above the box

Let it roll out hombre, life and adventures don't always go perfect but that makes it your life

Ah I see you never been taken to an Immaculate rape-cave

I was implying that his face looks like... ah forget it.
Your tears are delicious.

Now I need rule 34 of Immaculate, thanks.

How big is this game compared to let's say an Oblivion?

And compared to a WoW vanilla?

Lmao that was just your rent fee, your real blood debt is somewhere in 10k+

Can you pay that? (not him)

Not really but your second main quest related to joining a faction so you don't have to pay for it

Necromancy spell

Every faction resolves it.
Old lady adopts you into her family which clears your debt.
Elatt doesn't believe in that shit.
Levant is ancap and individualist.

I swear you guys the game is more like a piranha byte game than any of that

it really is, but not on the same level as far as the world goes. they got the right thing going, but not intricate enough to mess with piranha bye

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE
This game apparently has fucking mods now, and the first mod is a player limit removal mod, so now you can play with as many friends as you want at once.
github.com/skully250/Outard-Mods-Repo/releases/tag/1.1
nexusmods.com/outward/

Attached: 83n6i3xx16s11.jpg (640x480, 41K)

I am pretty sure you can attack whoever you want in those games.

I'm fond of DS2 but that's not true

This is what peak Axe peformance looks like

Attached: Peak Performance.png (1600x900, 2.08M)

Wouldn't that totally break the game? Seems it would get really easy.

Probably, but now that a modding scene is starting to pop up I can't imagine why someone couldn't edit damage values or spawn rates to balance the game around 4 players

>get spells from berg, rune blade and ethereal form
>time to kill that pirate ghost
>he still destroys me, takes only tiny bit of damage
what am I missing?

Attached: good.gif (500x276, 1.21M)

Skill

There's no skill involved in this game

Then why are you dying to the pirate ghost so badly?

what bandits are you guys talkin about?

Attached: Discord_2019-04-03_07-28-00.png (572x765, 83K)

Once you progress through the plot, someone will mention that the starting town will be threatened by bandits. Mine happened when I went to find granny in the forest town.
Apparently, if you put it off too long, the town will be destroyed, but I took care of it within two days, so i can't confirm if it really does or not.

Well, I wiped out all the bandits in the first zone so it won't be an issue. I haven't chosen a faction to join with yet so I guess I haven't see the quest.

Really? I guess I will continue playing this game after all, if just to watch this shitty town burned to the ground and piss on the corpses of scumbags who hold me responsible for things happened before my fucking birth.

a friend and I bought it to play coop, and I refunded it - for a game all about coop the coop is really shitty

>only the host player progresses the story
>only the host player gets quest rewards

i'm not going into singleplayer and doing all that shit again on my own, no thanks

Why would I even want to keep living in this town when they have backwards ideas such as a blood debt? Take my fucking house, I'll buy another one in a city where people aren't complete tards.

>Well, I wiped out all the bandits in the first zone so it won't be an issue
Did you take out the three in the big ass fort that isn't labeled as a bandit camp though?
The quest is that three warlords have congregated and are finally a big enough threat to destroy the town, you need to kill the dude sitting at the table at the entrance, the ice witch upstairs, and the dude down in the prison to save the town.

is this online?

Just pirated this game. Feels a bit jank with the combat but I'll manage.

What weapon do I spend my initial shekels on? I'm thinking of buying the halberd.

Yeah, it was pretty hard too but I did it. Out of sheer spite after they kidnapped me tho, nothing to do with the quest.
Also, since you seem to know a bit more of the game, if I am interested in magic, what faction is best?

Now I'm curious. I wonder what happens when you kill them before that quest is supposed to proc.
Do the bandits respawn?
Does the game hand you the quest like normal, but you just talk to the guy again for a completion?
Does the quest simply never happen?

The most important question for me:
Does the character creaton have a tiddy slider for females?

Attached: kse.png (344x517, 43K)

face and hair presets only

But can I make a cute anime grill?

The character creator has 4 fixed faces for each gender, 15-something hair styles and a similar amount of hair color options. That's it.

I'll give this a chance when I can afford to buy it, it looks pretty cool

Time for the first journey into the desert, in search of the big titty goddess, gonna shower her in gold

Attached: loadsamoney.jpg (1786x1004, 655K)

>game supports 255 friends
>don't even have 1 friend

Attached: 1540071458561.gif (365x467, 1.37M)

any news on future updates or content from the devs?

Attached: 1536162744835.jpg (917x1024, 163K)

any advice for melee just started

why the fuck do the gold bars have a health meter?

use your kick skill
enemies only stagger at >50% stability (white bar)

Are they planning on making the combat and combat animations feel more responsive? I'm fine with most of the game being eurojank but not being able to tell if I actually hit an enemy or got hit is pretty jarring.

>if I am interested in magic, what faction is best?
Depends on what you want out of it, but none of the factions lock you out of trainers. I think you get some faction specific abilities if you go with the religious dudes in the marsh though.
You're probably going to want to go with the Rune Mage/Shaman/Philosopher skill lines though, since Rune Mage/Shaman give you most of the elements to play around with and the Philosopher line gets a few decent skill, most notably a passive mana regen but they're a pretty cool off-hand weapon as well
You can find the Shaman trainer by going through the Ghost Pass in the starting area, look for a large tower on the horizon once you get through. The Rune Magic guy is standing next to the door to the blue collective's temple thing in Berg, and you're gonna want to hit up Monsoon or whatever the religious marsh town is called to hit up the philosopher.
You can get skills from any skill line though, the only thing you'll be locked out of are the final skills and breakthroughs since you can only do three breakthroughs on one character

is this monkey telepathic????
why does the laptop start to slide toward him on its own

Attached: 1506553213753.jpg (250x201, 12K)

You are looking at wrong game, all faces look like old hags and middle aged men.

use a short sword and a shield

the first swipe is fast and allows you to immedietely block after you swing instead of having a small cooldown before you can block as if you were just one handed

Check out their discord, all of the devs are in there and post all updates and patch notes, you can ask them questions or report bugs in there too
see

female kazite face 4 looks good

Use weapons with higher impact damage, I felt the same way when I started out and only had that shitty sword you can get for cheap, once I started using maces though I was staggering and knocking dudes on their asses in a few hits

enemies can hit your bag and destroy the items inside it.
prob not the lack of responsiveness is a "feature"

Fun game, really hope they fix the stuttering issues and add some actual ambient audio to the world/towns

Attached: 20190403040025_1.jpg (2560x1440, 441K)

About to play.
How much time wasting travel is there, and is the combat interesting enough?

These are my gripes.

I got that shaman stuff already, good to know it was worth the investment. Although I still don't understand Conjure.

It may be obvious, but getting right on top of your opponent and strafing is a good method of avoiding stamina loss from blocking.
Try not to swing more than once or twice unless you have a high impact weapon that makes them stagger. You will get punished if you are too aggressive without being able to back it up.
If you intend to utilize the dodge roll, drop your backpack at the start of combat, just make sure the shit you need for fighting is in you pockets (ie; potions) before you do this.

i'd recommend a greatsword or greataxe

It's not really the impact damage I'm worried about. It's just that I'll get seemingly not hit because I'm out of range or blocked it but I still took damage.

A bit stuttery in some areas, but overall decent.

>How much time wasting travel is there
Quite a bit

There's no fast travel, you will WALK a very long fucking way, it's like go camping except with deadly monsters

ok

Attached: 1508998812829.jpg (640x800, 80K)

Game really needs a Dragons Dogma style fast travel system or a high maintenance mount type dealio

Master Trader Boots

Chicken Mask

More like it needs Dragon's Dogma style character creation.

Anyone need a co-op partner? I'm not far into the game but I'll join in whatever.

This game is way too fucking ugly for extensive character creation to be worth it.

I'd rather they put in additional armor sets.

>Although I still don't understand Conjure.
Try using that spell that lets you see human souls, then cast conjure next to the soul orb

Already have them, doesn’t stop the walking from becoming tedious late in the game

damn

and my dad works at nintendo!

Rune magic requite stupid book? So if I use Zweihander ripoff I would better go with regular magic? Who teaches Sunlight blade stuff?

you can use rune magic without the book if you take one it's the two master skills.

Yeah, rune magic uses the book but a last tier upgrade gets rid of it

fucking melee

Does that takes one of those 3 points?

I don't think they even resist decay, since I have that artifact waraxe that deals most of its damage as decay and ghosts drop like flies to it.

Mobs respawn every 7 days, so just slap down a plant tent at the graveyard ghost that drops one and sleep for 7 days, kill, repeat to farm.

>good
its the least shit but its still shit

Fortunately since they are simple premade heads it shouldn't be that hard for some modder to simply swap them to something better.
Any day now

how to kill ghosts with arrows

FUCKING GHOSTS

das racis

Ghosts resist physical damage but are kinda weak to pretty much any magic damage. Hell, even simple element rags really help against them.

you blast them with a bone pistol or just imbue your weapon and 2 shot em lmao

Waifus ruin games.
They attract shit like you and signals devs to focus on romances over core game.
Fucking play VNs or dating games you fucking incel

You don't actually have to kill them. You can convince them to fuck off

i am bow only use bow best weapon how kill ghost
can ghost trigger pressure plate
you can kill them with spike trap 10each before talking

Ask the people in the starting town. They will all explain how game mechanics work

I can't get over how artificial the world feels. It lacks the detail and comfiness Piranha Byte games.

I wish the game also had two handed guns so I could have both a two handed melee weapon and a rifle.

Attached: 1443026730722.jpg (303x297, 38K)

there is a known pc bug that completely makes your bow dissapear if you get hit during a roll, enjoy

>hireable porter that you can send back to town to sell shit on your behalf.
I don't know if you're more lazy or stupid.

I dont like pirating indie games. But I dont like paying $40 for a game.

So I am waiting until it is at least 50% discount on Epic store.

marriable npcs that could fight with you would make the game better, game needs atleast 2 waifus per faction

>I dont like pirating indie games. But I dont like paying $40 for a game.
>So I am waiting until it is at least 50% discount on Epic store.
Good man

The game is super comfy though. Traveling through the swamp was great the first time, exploring the ziggurats and avoiding monsters and dinosaurs, all with great music and soft lighting.

I restarted after doing 1h axe dagger for a while. Going 2h axe now.

so basically twohanded weapons are op, onehanded weapons are pointless
ranged weapons are easymode because the enemies are dumb and slow as fuck
magic is tedious compared to ranged weapons

One-handed weapons are what you use when you need to carry something in the other hand, like a torch or spell-casting implement.

>Rolling with a bow

Mob placement is really bad in this game. You can completely avoid them to get to the loot in even the more high tier loot spots which means there's no reason to not run to these locations from the get-go. There's a lot that needs to be improved balance wise.

You forgot can't climb
No jump
Can't swim

F

Almost
2h handed weapons make melee nonshit and less tedious with high impact
Ranged weapons and traps are easy mode in wide spaces because AI is retarded not slow you gotta kite, all enemies can sprint and have a sperg charge attack they spam if they detect you are far enough.
Magic is broken and makes melee shit in comparison and is only beaten in terms of pure OP bullshit by either, putting down 10 traps and watch them dismantle enemies without lifting a finger or shooting someone with extreme bleed from 150 yrds away and watching them wander around aimlessly bleeding to death.

Melee means every fight you have could kill you because no hitstun and low hp makes trades terrible, melee is shit without a lot of support skills and a good wep, then it's tolerable.
Magic, Magic just ignores the autism of the posture mechanic entirely and lets you walk into rooms and shit on people.
Guns are good as well, because enemies are brain dead and can't input read them like they can input read melee attacks, long ass time to reload to make it balanced but you can just walk around with 7 guns like a pirate and fuck anything you want.

Thanks user, don't forget to subscribe to pewdiepie YOU RETARDED FAGGOT

>no hitstun
Stop spreading this 100% untrue meme.
There is hitstun in the game, it only starts applying when you get an enemy below 50% stability. (the white bar under health)
At that point, the hit that brought them under 50% and every hit below that til you knock them down will hitstun.
There's even cheese strats where you don't even fully knock enemies down (because then they regen all 100% stability), but instead juggle them at low stability, letting them regen it slightly, then hit them again to keep it low, holding them in hitstun forever.

based actual unironic shill
the game is easy as fuck beyond the start.

Same. And the sound design is fucking embarrassing. That one sound that plays when you attack is the worst, it's like they used the first free effect they could find online.

>swing your weapon at nothing
>WHOOSH
>any weapon
>WHOOSH
>hit something
>WHOOSH
>shoot your bow
>no sound half the time
>same sound effect whether you hit or miss

I feel like the people who made this have autism.

it's not a meme hitstun in outward is fucked and that's not a cheese strat that's the only viable way to play melee if you aren't taking out 50% of the posture bar per swing.

Well... It's literally 10 people on a dev team.

Or even better yet, play Conan Exiles.

and theyre charging as much as a proper dev teams so they dont get a free pass because they want all the cash and not to pay for more workers

10 people and the unity asset store

Holy shit, I didn't even get that far. This is what killed it for me:

>only one storage chest in the main city

Seriously? You're gonna make me share a chest with my retard friend who can't into inventory management? Where we can't stash our money while adventuring bc it all gets stacked together? Didn't you build this game AROUND co-op? And you didn't put TWO chests in the main city? You put two beds! Are you fucking braindead?

i remember EDF worked like this and everyone loved that. made me refund it too, when the dude i was cooping with said id need to redo all maps solo, because multi progress is seperate

Can I double up on elemental damage by buffing my weapon with let’s say a frost enchant with a weapon that has natural frost damage?

>doesn't drop cold backpack as improved storage

how about not play with retards? I mean tell that to your friend

>Going out of your way to fix the devs doing a bad job
fuck off shill

Haven't played the game yet but interested.
Is it basically the cheese simulator with stacking a fuckton of broken effects on potions, placing traps and then using a bullshit setup to instantly kill a bullshit enemy which will oneshot you otherwise? Or does it have satisfying melee combat? Are heavy, 2 handed weapons fun or decent? How viable is the warrior/berserker/tank armored knight build is?

Attached: 15519395855300.jpg (640x622, 28K)

This game is as comfy as eating a hot fresh piece of dog shit. Ow yea, I feel so comfly running around acid pink grass with a fucking chest strapped to my back. Love sleeping in a 1ft high tent smaller than those Russian military coats that transform into tarp shelter. So comfly I feel when I run into invisible walls.

Its not comfy. And why ppl spam this word anyway, is it this week's "wholesome"?

the devs who are paying me to shill, shilling themselves, and paying themselves to shill on this board where the shitposters who didn't even try the pirated copy outnumber the actual fans?

makes total sense.

also I was calling you stupid, not saying you should buy this game. this shit isn't even worth pirating. gonna go comfy for a bit now tho. your stupid

lol get laid fag

>Action rpg that promises more than it can deliver on
This takes me back

Attached: molyneux_fable.jpg (1136x640, 54K)

yes. no. maybe. not much.

fuck off shill
game is shit i refunded it

comnfy is generic praise for bad games that arent finished

>has never actually eaten a hot fresh piece of dog shit
>also doesn't into luxo tent

>It's literally 10 people on a dev team.
Yet they think their janky mess is worth 40 shekels nonetheless.
It's not even worth 20 in its current state to be honest.

>i refunded it
good for you finding the buttons to get your money back. look at you go, I bet your mom is proud.

HAHAHAHAH
EDF is a joke. That is really concept of jank given form.

have you not read a single thread? it's not even worth pirating.

Attached: 20190330173613_1.jpg (1920x1200, 295K)

>it's not even worth pirating
i did, and it is

How the fuck is Pommel Counter supposed to work?

can i make a cute slut

FUCKING SHILLL
SHILL
SHITING SHILL
SHILL
HOW DARE YOU SHILL THIS SHIT
SHILL
t. this thread

>cute
no
>slut
no
>waifu
no
>female
no

stfu mad shill

How's the PS4 version?

Don't worry, I will. I just wanted to play a good game first, but this is clearly not it.

oh very hard pass

>Don't worry, I will

Attached: kid-on-computer-2_tnvltp.jpg (500x362, 25K)

You can play as a chick, but you're just gonna look like an average lady cause the character creator is very limited.
Its not a waifu game, you're just some dirty peasant with a lot of debt

Why does outward make Yea Forums seethe? I thought you guys loved good jank?

I bought it but I'm playing through Enderal rn, just got a switch, and don't feel like learning all the systems rn. Will definitely play it if my brother gets it. Someone spoonfeed me pls? Also I like that it's literally impossible to make anything besides a fucking mongoloid.

this happens with all niche indie games

v likes good games. if they are janky or not. jank=/= good

Dev is mad ppl don't want to waste money on his shitty game.

Acquired taste actually. Elex threads were the same.

>v likes good games

Attached: puzzled-look.jpg (426x282, 18K)

Haha God I wish my internet wasn't shit.

just download more

>literally impossible to make anything besides a fucking mongoloid
Oblivion character creator levels of ugly.

>Is it basically the cheese simulator with stacking a fuckton of broken effects on potions, placing traps and then using a bullshit setup to instantly kill a bullshit enemy which will oneshot you otherwise?
Yes potions are important, Weapon buffs are important, Resistance buffs are important, Damage buffs are important, Traps are important when facing groups of stronger enemies and one of the most effective ways to deal with them due to the lack of retaliation.
Your hp is very low and healing mid combat isn't fast by any means, the less damage you take the better off you are because your total hp gets lowered the more damage you take until you rest/sleep.
Some enemies can two shot or three shot you, melee is dangerous.
>does it have satisfying melee combat?
No, stay away if you want this.
I don't know how to describe outward melee besides it doesn't feel good, it's unresponsive, boasts a very strange and backwards system to make it responsive and it's a state that is very easy to lose. If you've ever played two worlds two, i'd say it was like that and the animations are by the same guy. Outwards magic system is more impressive than melee.
>Are heavy, 2 handed weapons fun or decent?
You get 2h: sword,axe,mace,polearm,spear
I can't really comment on how fun or decent they are because i think the animations are jank, it's probably fun when you've really buffed yourself up and made the melee responsive via impact.
>How viable is the warrior/berserker/tank armored knight build is?
it's shit until you get class skills from trainers in cities, a monk,mercenary, hunter build is probably what you'd want if you get enough skills it'd be less shit.

elex was shit

What gravestone where? You have my interest

elex was unironically one of the best rpgs of recent years. best game I've ever pirated.

you like it more than outward?

I'm gonna wait until:
>it gets vital bug fixes
>they add more content
>include modding support (this honestly gives more longevity to your game than anything else)
>preferrably more player slots (4-20)
>preferrably on sale (below $20)

Attached: 1510245376299.png (300x220, 48K)

>game relies on consumables
>I never use consumables
>90 fucking kilos of consumables
how do you guys deal with this autism

Attached: 0020.jpg (1786x1004, 567K)

>I'm playing through Enderal
shill it to me

Attached: 1553927512400.png (631x569, 673K)

>include modding support
I assume a game like this is already easy to modify so long as the devs code isn't too jank.

The combat filtered me like a bitch in Elex. Exploring was nice but whenever I had to fight something I groaned out loud

haven't played much of outward but it seems like compelling jank. sitting in this thread to see what people say about it.

Its already starting to get mods, it even just got a Nexus page
See

>so long as the devs code isn't too jank
I'll bet you anything this game is held together by pieces of string and duct tape.

If there was a fucking ounce of skill in the combat it would be a 7/10 game.

>Unity

by using consumables

They made Skyrim into a roleplaying game. Combat is still shit but the world is so engrossing and mysterious that I can't stop playing it. No level scaling. Very clearly written by depressed German people. World actually feels alive. It's free on Steam. Give it a shot.

2/5 is pretty good but I'll still wait for the bugfixes at the very least

>souls like combat
i don't understand what's wrong with the combat

but what if I face a new enemy and I need a specific one?

then you make it

sell them i don't keep anything in a stash it's a huge meme to keep things in a stash.

>souls like combat with none of the weight, sound design or animations to it
ftfy

It also gets frequent bug fixes, if you join the
discord for the game you can even directly @ the developers and tell them about bugs you've encountered. They're pretty quick about working on stuff that gets reported
see

Better game than 99% of AAA trash.

forgot to ask does this game have waifus?

Enemy AI is pretty bad. Most of the difficulty comes from AI making unexpected moves before engaging in combat and most of the cheese tactics come from bad AI pathing and predictable movesets. Aside from that, instant recovery from breaking stability is a bad game design. They should either cap stability at 1 or lengthen the time an enemy is knocked down and balance the game around it.

yes, oliele

Just a quick tip for people who hate running out of stamina while running, you can stack drinking water with stam regen food like gaberries for Sanic speeds between cities. You can also just kys yourself somewhat near a city and respawn there with all your shit but that’s all rng where it puts you.

>not just alt tabbing and shitposting while your stamina regens
lmao

>not playing with a friend on comfy splitscreen with a console
Rofl

no

>sharing a screen

Attached: DilM5mxXkAEeNDo.jpg (600x600, 45K)

>console
oof/yikes

I'll let others go through the "betatesting" phase
No offense but I've heard alot of shit about gamebreaking bugs.
I'm sure they'll be fixed fast but I don't feel like burning myself out while the game is not at it's best

>people saying one handers are bad
Say that to my tsar sword which hits as hard as 90% of two handed weapons and chakram that instant knock downs any enemy in the game.

turn on vsync, fixes it.

>say that to my end game weapon and magic
indeed

Personally I'm a 1 handed Mace+Shield kinda guy, the mace just shreds through enemy stamina and does gorilla damage

Buying games for consoles means developers will start to focus on the consoles and dumb games down.

>he doesn't have good gear
Are you having issues with the hyenas?
I used the skycrown mace for a long time for that sweet 50 impact and 1.1 attack speed. I suggest grabbing it if you don't have it. It does look like ass though which is the biggest reason I switched to my tsar sword.

Hated how tedious the game was and how restrictive the stamina system was for combat.

Then I downloaded cheat engine, gave myself infinit stamina and a toggleable speed hack

Now the game is fun. Is there a trick I'm missing to combat? Was always running out of stamina, which is basically a death sentence

Stop sprinting everywhere and use your auto run key while looking at your phone.
Actually get a decent stamina pool from trainers.
Use stamina regen items like drinking from your water pouch before a fight.
Use stamina reduction gear.
Learn to block instead of rolling .

>gave myself infinit stamina and a toggleable speed hack
>Now the game is fun

Attached: 1515704892750.jpg (221x250, 5K)

>>Stop sprinting everywhere and use your auto run key while looking at your phone.
>stop paying attention to the game for prolonged periods of time while it literally plays itself
lol wow

>Is there a trick I'm missing to combat?

Yes it's called magic and traps, but if you're going for a pure melee build you need to pay attention to FIVE THINGS. why five i just made it up now.

1. You want +stamina buffs, so sleep in inns or beds for the -25 stamina costs, Wear light gear that reduces stamina cost its a modifier on armor, drink water for stamina recovery, stack it with foods for stamina recovery, easiest food to get with stamina recovery granberries.
2. Get items that recover burnt stamina, i think a tea does this
3. make stamina potions
4. mercenary and rogue have stamina boosting or stamina reduction skills. both are in levant check it out
5. keep the speed hack on traveling in this game is aids, even with master trader gear and stamina sprint skill without the pearlbird mask which is a lucky drop, you can also outrun every enemy in the game anyway so it just reduces the games biggest problem walking in an empty world for 20 minutes strat to get to places.

Yea they seriously fucked up traveling in this game, needs at least some intercity travel system where you pay money for transport. if not mages unlocking portals. I get some peoples dick gets rock hard when they're just walking to get somewhere but it's dumb to not have mounts or have ANY sort of quicker traveling system that keep unlocked after you reach an area. best they have is the GATE IN THE SWAMP but that should have been something that reopens trade routes.
>inb4 BUT I LOVE WALKING FOR 15 MINUTES STRAIGHT

>looking at your phone.
Zoomer. You have nothing important to look at on your "phone" anyway.

Game needs at least a magic way to fast travel whether it's a spell you have to learn or some gates in the cities. If you want to travel faster there's gear for it and there are some passives you can grab like reducing the negavtive effects of heavy armor.
Game even offered me to fast travel back to monsoon from the desert for the last quest. I honestly got upset.

Yeah, my work schedule isn't important or retards messaging me about the car I'm trying to sell since I just bought an RV and want to help cover the costs. Not all of us are fucking losers like you, faggot.

I hope mods re-enable legacy skills. Legacies just being a single item (up to four) passed down to a new game, contingent on your ability to reach a chest, is kind of lame.

Having legacy skills, allowing you to learn the breakthrough skill of a trainer, would have been a hell of a lot more rewarding by comparison.

You are a loser and a lying little faggot. Make no mistake about it. Every one of you zoomers who stare at screens 24/7 got nothing important in your life despite looking like that.

this is a $15 dollar game being sold for $40 save your money, buy your wife and or girlfriend something nice instead, don't have either? buy yourself a good fitting shirt and get one.

Talk about the game or fuck off, retard. You claim I stare at a screen 24/7 when all you do is shitpost like a fucking autist. Eat your fucking high school lunch and go back to your shitty p2w korean phone game.

based

Would you guys say this game is worth it on PS4? I don't care about dropping the $40 or whatever it costs but is it worth the time investment? Is it fun solo? Is it fun with a buddy who might also be getting it?

Why not just buy the game if you want it AND buy your girlfriend something nice? You act like dropping $40 is a life commitment or something.

>you're just gonna look like
every other character because the armor is asexual and the backpack hides everything but a bit of hair color. literally after the first 5 minutes it's totally pointless to play a grill

I haven't worn half my shirts yet. Still brand new.

so now I just need two or more friends. great.

>it's not worth $40
>buy it anyway goy $40 is nothing
why don't i just burn my wallet
Nice

Attached: the jew.jpg (224x225, 13K)

>get to black chicken
>how bad coul-
and I'm dead

No
Yes about 80 hours if you play all factions, 20 hours to do one
Not really
Yes the games at it's best with others

PLAYING THIS COMFY LITTLE SURVIVAL RPG WITH MY BRO IN SPLITSCREEN RIGHT NOW
WHAT? DON'T LIKE HUNGER SYSTEMS? DO YOU EVEN LIKE RPGS BRO?

Attached: 1547119036564.jpg (419x393, 42K)

Why are you so upset over an hour old post?

How well does this game run?
I've seen way too many "survival crafting" games that look decent but absolutely trash your hardware by being so awfully optimized

Attached: 1546219794742.png (419x752, 357K)

>good armor looks like shit

Attached: unknown.png (635x590, 912K)

Scaled Leather is low tier trash, m8.

>good armor looks great

Attached: 1.png (406x554, 464K)

What robes are those?

Attached: ggff.png (1920x1080, 3.49M)

I hate how conjure only combos with reveal spirit. Same with how the push spell only combos with the wind sigil. Like they could have a real interesting ritualistic magic system with different effects based on different spell combos. Instead getting a single effective spell off takes two spells. Like the only way to use the fire sigil and ice sigil is with spark. Wasted potential.

Tenebrous Armor, from the Levant blacksmith. Requires Hackmanite.

It runs on absolute potato hardware.

I think rather than attacks depleting stamina, light attacks should regen stamina, but do low posture damage while heavy attacks do high posture damage. Light attacks could have been feintable into a block while heavy's could not be feintable. Then add in skills that take up stamina but do their various effects.

Humans/humanoids should behave more like the player (more aggressive attack wise and more defensive with feints forcing you to break posture) while non humanoid monsters should either rely on poise and high stability damage or spacing (mage/range archetypes).

Monetary worth is in the eye of the beholder. If its comfy as fuck or I spend 30+ hours on it or me and my buddy have fun fucking around with it I'd say it's worth dropping $60 on the game. Outward being $20 less than the usual splurge is already a bit in its favor.

Game runs fine. Some people have stuttering, but I haven't had the issue. Graphics aren't crazy, but aren't "shit" like everyone says. The survival crafting part is just eating/drinking/sleeping and mixing food items/monster parts together is the crafting. Sounds like you're talking about ARK, which is nothing like this game.

Alrite, thanks for clearing that up.
Was kind of worried because of shit like Rust and Conan Exiles running like fucking garbo despite their graphics not looking that impressive

What are these robes?

Looks pretty good, I have him crafting the head piece now, but I don't want to camp for 3 days straight next to him. How are they stat wise to the gold-lich armor set and it's 70% mana cost reduction?

reminder to play on comfy setting

Attached: ss (2019-03-31 at 03.38.21).png (1920x1080, 2.11M)

Pearlescent Mail

Yeah, only the rune magic system seems to really offer modularity. Even that is more limited then I would like though.

Like the invoker from dota, a character in a moba and not a devoted rpg, has more spell combos with his three orbs than you do with the four runes.

how annoying are the survival elements?
I have had enough of meme hunger bars filling up because I haven't eaten anything in the past 2 fucking minutes

Not really robes, but it's pretty much the best armor in the game exect maybe tsar armor which I don't have yet.

Attached: ggggffff.png (1920x1080, 3.51M)

runs on my machine

Attached: HD.png (1920x1080, 2.29M)

How does it compare to ELEX?

>I'd say it's worth dropping $60 on the game.
I'd say you're either a shill or insane

You'll barely notice it after maybe an hour of gameplay.

Seems like they set up the skeleton of an awesome magic system, but weren't able to complete it before ship date. From what I've seen they also cut a faction, and presumably area, from the game as well.

Hot new bug here folks, sometimes when you mine it gets locked in the button prompt, you don’t get ore and can’t picked anything up until you reload. Happened to me 3 times.

Has anyone found out what the Strange rusted sword is used for?

You might find it annoying at the start of the game, but once you get a handle on how combat works it becomes a nonissue. You'll be eating and drinking enough for the buffs which also cover your bars and later on you can grab a cheap passive that reduces your need for eating/drinking.

Worse combat but if you like elex you'll like outward
you'll miss the jetpack though.

I wish I had more fucking quickslots

Imagine if someone wanted to make old school RPGs like Gothic but then decided after making all the base components for skills scrapped it and said there would be no personal progression markers and just left the base mechanics in.
Then gave it Dark Souls combat, made it worse for difficulty.

You can use other flavor-texted items to reveal its true power

jesus christ

Attached: 1553033040585.gif (220x221, 870K)

I'd say insane out of the 2 options because dropping $60 on a game I might like is nothing monetarily speaking.

I've had that once and you're the first I've seen mention it. When it happened to me I was pretty far away from the mining node and my character might have still been moving when the bar filled. Not sure what triggered it, but I've avoided my character still moving while mining and haven't had the issue since.

That's an old bug. For interacting with objects you're going to have to either save and quit or reload the region.

If you have the bug where one square of your inventory stays on the screen when you're out of your menus, you have to reopen your inventory and cancel before you can interact with anything.

As it currently stands I couldn't recommend going to the shaman trainer. For an effective mage character is better to go spell sword with a fire infusion, philosopher with the fire affinity buff, and runic magic from the sage.

I doubt use any of the sigils. I've found them to be a waste of money and time in combat. Particularly when elemental discharge does more damage and is cast in far less time then the any rune+spark combo.

Sigils affect other things than magic right? Like guns and other skills.

Are the later maps better than the starting area?

I don't mind the jank but the overworld is really quite bad. It feels a bit like a soulless chink indie game with the way mostly bland locations are spread out with nothing but a few chests and respawn caves in between.

That doesn't make the game better or worth more money, if someone is selling you an apple for $100 and you decide you want to pay $100 for the apple, that doesn't mean the apple you just paid for wasn'tly grossly overpriced for the product it was being sold as.
And that's what outward is, an overpriced product, how you deal or don't deal with buyers remorse is up to you, but i'll be honest i would have found it better that you had tried to make arguments as to why you thought the game deserved the price it charges, as opposed to the jewish buy it goy $40 is nothing or I like spending $60 on games route, but I guess you can't really make arguments as to why outward deserves $40 as a game because you don't really think it does that last parts just a logical assumption though.

Yes they get better. But nothing too fancy

Don't know, but for playing a pure mage character the sigils just aren't worth the investment at the end of the day imo. Maybe if you played some combo melee/ranged/magic class they have more versatility.