Is DMC 2 canon...

Is DMC 2 canon? Ive see some people saying that now it is before 4 and after 1 but the "story so far" option in DMC V ignores it.

Attached: image.png (427x572, 454K)

No it doesn't, are you blind? It LITERALLY shows the DMC2 title along with Lucia

It is out of obligation, but its overall effect on the series' plot is next to nothing

Yes it's Canon. Matt Walker confirmed it.

DMC2 is cannon
So is Nocturne :^)

Is it worth it to play Lucia's campaign after I just beat the game with Dante?

if you've already wasted your time playing dante's then sure go ahead. She is hot at least.

>"story so far" option in DMC V ignores it.
It doesn't ignore it, it just kinda skims past it.

It's canon, but in a "never reference it directly in the games ever again" sort of way.

Attached: 1553266414951.png (1294x1000, 1.7M)

DMC2's story isnt important in anyway so 5 doesnt need to mention it since the plot doesnt really call for it

there was no need for lucia or matier or any of the boring 2d characters that showed up in that game

So... dmc2 never existed?

dmc2 and viewtiful joe are both canon as of before the nightmare, the prequel book to DMC5

>game takes enemies, visual aesthetic and even one of the games main mecahnics from it
I dunno, you tell me?

It is canon but not important to the overall story.

Yes.
3-1-Anime-2-4-5 is the new canon.

Anime and DMC2 are pretty irrelevant thou.

It's technically canon, but Capcom wants you to forget it existed anyway.

does it deserve a proper remake?

Yeah it says "Along the way Dante goes on protecting the world" or whatever and casually shows DMC2 for like 2 seconds.

Watch the History of DMC video in DMC5 it is canon.

Yeah.
Care to explain how Nocturne is? Genuinely curious as I never thought about it really.

Attached: dmc2 lookin ass.png (1920x1080, 3.64M)

Still canon. Glossed over and guaranteed never to be referenced again, but canon nonetheless.

It exists in that the events of the story happened in-universe, but neither Capcom nor Dante will ever bring it up again.

You're not a sharp one are you OP?