Can you play XBC2 without playing the first one?

Can you play XBC2 without playing the first one?

Attached: ss-047.jpg (1920x1080, 374K)

Yes

xbc2 has pretty much nothing to do with xbc

I did and it's one of my favorite Switch games.

Yes you can, question is, why the fuck would you want play this shitty game

Think of it like Final Fantasy games. They share an overarching name and sometimes theme but they aren't linked (apart from direct sequels of course like 10-2)

Because the humour is actually funny

Its not even set in the same world.

Yes, but the game starts making subtle connections to it as the game goes on. It's enhanced by having played the first, but not mandatory

Attached: 1533699183899.jpg (965x1427, 156K)

Yes but the ending won't have the same impact.

yes but that's like playing Nier automata without playing Nier

based

Yeah, don't really know why you'd want to though. The first game is leagues better than this garbage, and the only cool moments actually are better appreciated if you've played the first game.

The ending will be confusing-ish, but the rest of the game has no connection to the first one.

But who will take the bait?

Yes.

But you'll enjoy it more if you have.

Yes.

It's literally trash with dumb anime tropes in it. Do yourself a favor and play the first one while not wasting your time with the refuse that is 2.

I mean, the ending being a surprise can kind of be experience on either end of the spectrum considering the biggest surprise is realizing that both universes are connected and Shulk's "Today we use our power to fell a God." line.

Attached: 1553828524834.jpg (2014x3024, 921K)

That's a lie

Attached: 1553402280868.png (1280x825, 1.96M)

Shulk's line wasn't exactly a surprise, what Klaus said to Rex already made what was happening in the other universe more than clear enough.

Where do I go to get my blade wife?

Attached: 1551846406625.jpg (2048x1906, 618K)

Ditch both and play X which is a million times better instead.

>That view
Maybe being Dromarch isn't so bad.

This is wrong on many levels, essentially since they made the mecha boring as fuck and the soundtrack is ear cancer.

Anime whores.

Attached: 1552797740171.jpg (708x972, 66K)

I mean Nia sits on him all the time

I'm very interested in this game, but waifu culture is a real turn off for me. Do I always have to have a big titty fox girl following me or is there something else

You can't take Pyra off Rex for the first playthrough, but you can change the blade following you and/or play as other party members, so there are non-titty options.

This, the only reason you should play 2 is because you played the first one and are in denial that 2 won't be shit

Are there any good analyses of XB1's story/characters out there? I played it back when it first came out and enjoyed it, but for whatever reason I never got interested in digging deep into the story the same way I did for 2.