Post your controversial opinions. hold nothing back

This game fucking sucks as does its sequel. The momentum based acrobatics of Mario 64 are gone. Instead replaced by this game's movement that feels a lot stiffer and more grounded. I hate how it feels like Mario has lost so much of his agile feel and momentum. This game plays like an unconventional platformer, just with some Nintendo gloss over it. Great production values but it's kind of gross to see them used for such a boring game. A significant regression from Mario Sunshine

Attached: SuperMarioGalaxy.jpg (256x340, 56K)

i think black people have done more for america than white people

fuck you

kek'd, and based.

I think the opposite but I'm not sure which opinion is more unpopular

AFPS games die because they are boring to git gud at. CS is hard, LoL and DOTA are hard, RTS games are hard, fighting games are hard, and even Rocket League is hard. In AFPS games there is nothing fun about having to time the red shirt and blue ball along with weapons and out-camping your opponent. The average Joe would much rather watch and play Smash than a AFPS Duel. Quake Champions was a step in the right direction but failed due to shitter champs like Nyx, Anarki, Sirlag, and Galena, lack of content, and code that proves slavs can't program.

Blood is wildly overrated, Duke aged poorly but is still fun, and Shadow Warrior is the definition of bullshit artificial difficulty

Quake>Doom for single player, Doom>Quake for mods

Painkiller and Serious Sam are bargain bin shooters and you have objectively bad tastes if you like them

CS:S and 1.6 are good games. GO is an utter piece of shit

L4D1 and 2 are boring as shit

BLOPS1 = best CoD

DUSK is a below average shooter consisting of basic-bitch level design and enemies that fall under the category of "shoots at you" or "runs at you" with jack shit in variety.

TF2 autists need to sit the fuck down already. TF2 was once my favorite multiplayer game and in my top 5 games of all time but ever since 2016 has turned into utter dogshit. Unless Valve pulls a Hail Mary with the next major update, nothing can save it.

Attached: jc2.jpg (996x1015, 425K)

Movement felt fine to me. The real disappointment was how lackluster the level design was

He said unpopular opinions not retarded ones lol

Attached: d72d038a0faf45bc3e2304ea50da0ceb.jpg (300x168, 17K)

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is one of the worst goddamn video games ever made. It has so many "Do that thing again but under a time limit/1health/etc." that it's so fucking lazy.

If I wanted to ironically make a bad game, I'd use Galaxy 2 for my guide.

10/10 BEST GAME ON WII

The Prankster Comets in Galaxy 2 weren't all that bad. If anything, the really bad filler were the Green Stars. Just play all the levels all over again, except this time, you have to pixel hunt for a Star that's hiding off screen or just grab a star that's not hidden at all.

technically yeah
as slaves, they did do most of the work

Understandable, if Galaxy is to be critiqued on any front it's gonna be the regression in movement mechanics. That said, I disagree with the notion of it being an unconventional platformer. 64 and Sunshine are actually the weird ones as they play more like an open world playground most of the time, whereas Galaxy (and even moreso the "3D" titles that followed) play far more closely to the linear, obstacle course oriented design that most platformers actually follow in practice.

Mario Galaxy is my favorite game in the series you fucking person whose opinion I respectfully disagree with.
My unpopular opinion is that Metal Gear Solid is just another movie game. I'm not a fan of the 15 minute cutscenes and the philosophical masturbation that peppers the dialogue.

You wanna know why this is the best of the trilogy and better than warped.
>Time Trials
The gimmicks were excusable since they were fun and new anyway, but having to speed run to get collectibles is annoying here and in any vidya.
see OP's pic for example.
Galaxy is one of my all time favorites, but timed comets were fucking annoying.

Attached: 220px-Crash_Bandicoot_2_Cortex_Strikes_Back_usGame_Cover.jpg (220x218, 15K)

Attached: e18f0ffed5ab98210dd9ae53d20d8be551be1a05_00.gif (500x340, 1.68M)

Play more video games if Galaxy 2 ranks among the worst you've ever played. That's hardly an opinion so much as just being sheltered.

Double Dash is my favorite Mario Kart game
Mario Kart 64 aged like shit, MK64 < DKR

It's a super easy baby game, but it's still okay. Was fun to DUDE WEED, but wouldn't play again.

Ninja gaiden 1 is fucking garbage compared to ng2

Oooh oooh, ask me if I'd rather play Sonic 06 or Super Mario Galaxy 2. Go on!

Super Paper Mario > TTYD I like both though

How do you feel about R6?

I play games.

The GameCube controller is bad. I say this as someone who loved the console.

Yeah, I agree with this honestly. Most of SMG's Galaxies are pretty unremarkable too and the ones I did enjoy just left me wanting a full level of it like a tradional 3D Mario

They've certainly done more for America in the music department. Almost all American popular music comes from black people. Jazz, Rock, Funk, Disco, Rap, Soul, R&B, Reggae, even the most banal pop song has roots in African-American jazz traditions (although modern pop is so far devolved from it that those traces are almost unrecognizable).

The answer is Galaxy 2 and it takes contrarianism of literally unbelievable magnitude to assert otherwise. I'd sooner believe that you'd rather play Secret Rings or Chronicles.

You probably liked the more open exploration stages, which is what Galaxy very much moved away from. Still had some of that but not to the degree its predecessors did.

What did Nintendo mean by this?

Attached: db122310304cbc0e2148f0948faf3236.jpg (730x1000, 740K)

As for Mario Galaxy, it was a fun game, but my problem with it was how pretentious it was. Why the fuck was there some reincarnation shit at the end of a Mario game? And it doesn't even mean anything! It's basically a half-assed attempt to make a fucking MARIO game deeper than it needs to be. Mario is, and has always been a simple save the princess platformer. What were they thinking putting some Lion King bullshit at the end?!

Aside from the ending, I would still call it a fun game, and worth playing, although I will admit it's childishness compared to earlier titles makes it kinda embarrassing to play.

>slaves for a fraction of time in American history in mainly one industry (textile)
By that logic horses did more for America than whites did

i liked the ocarina of time remake way more than the original. oot64 is such an incredibly ugly game to look at.

>You're just a contrarian
Or maybe I don't like playing the same goddamn star for the sixth time in a row with some shitty gimmick in an attempt to make the game longer. Did you ever think of that?

It was a joke you troglodyte

Never played sunshine but I agree, galaxy movement is ass compared to 64

>muh kids games need to have depth
BASED

I don’t agree with you for the fact that white people took every opportunity to shit on blacks with every chance they got when slavery ended all the way up to the 60’s. We have no excuse now

That doesn't make it anywhere near as objectively broken and nigh unplayable as Sonic 06.

More opinions because I don't wanna go to bed yet:

DoW1's campaigns are shit. Skirmish mode and multiplayer is where it's at

Pikmin 2 = best Pikmin

Subnautica is boring as hell. Once you realize that most of the items are major grind (worse than most survival games) and 80$ of the enemies posses almost no threat the game loses its appeal very fast

Undertale > LISA. No contest. LISA gets a free pass because of "muh depression" and that's it. Bullshit and grindy mechanics are not fun

BOTW is fine if you just dick around finding the most creative way to do something. If you play the game straight forward it becomes an absolute chore. The weapon durability is bad.

Haven't played. Can't say.

Nintendo, its fans, and the entire industry would be better off if they went 3rd party, and there's absolutely nothing you can say to change my mind about this

Not him. You're entitled to your opinion, but SMG 2 at least functions. Sonic 06 is a blatantly unfinished piece of shit. Also, I'll regret asking, but would you rather play SMG 2 or Superman 64?

and 80% of the enemies*

On average, modern World of Warcraft is not any worse than classic WoW. Yes, a lot of new mechanics are fucking stupid, and a lot of older mechanics are better, but plenty of new changes are nice, and plenty of old stuff was terrible. I've played a lot of MMOs, as well as classic private servers, and I've seen the same phenomenon over and over again; people ignore bad gameplay if they're nostalgic towards the game.

I'm not saying that Classic WoW is going to fail, or that you're an idiot for wanting to play it. But if you look at classic WoW as the "pinnacle of MMO design" or something like that, you're stupid. The game has thousands of issues that were fixed in later patches, but nostalgia causes people to defend the game because it was better compared to other things on the market at the time. 15 years have passed, that era of the internet is gone, and nobody is "going home."

Attached: wow.jpg (432x360, 73K)

Not as broken, sure, but most certainly as, and more, unplayable.

I have not played Superman 64 beyond the first level, so I reserve my opinions on this question. It does seem repetitive with the later levels though, so maybe it stands a chance.

Mario on Xbox? Zelda on PlayStation? Damn, I would NEVER get used to that. It felt wrong to type it honestly.

>Galaxy 2
>more unplayable than Sonic 06

Hottest take I've read all year.

Explain your reasoning.

Would have said the same thing 25 years ago if someone said Sonic on Nintendo. You get used to it. It's really not a big deal, the whole console war thing exists only in your head

That's a good point. I wasn't trying to say anything about console wars though, I'm an idort. But I get the idea.

I think that each Smash is better than the previous ones. Melee is a great game, but has been surpassed 3 times already.

Have not played DMC2. Here's a list of games I consider better that are notable for negative reception, to save you the time:
>Army Men: Sarge's War
>Metroid Other M
>Super Smash Bros Brawl
>Indigo Prophecy
>Heavy Rain
>Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius
>Nicktoons Unite
>Any Sonic game I have ever played, including Sonic 06, Forces, and the ones on Sega Master System

Attached: 1477974485757.jpg (720x757, 51K)

>SSB Brawl
I never understood the hate for Brawl. My favorite is Ultimate though.
DMC 2 was very bad though, I wouldn't recommend it. The rest of the Capcom ones are very good if you're into that genre though.

Guns of the Patriots > Sons of Liberty

Meant to reply to OP.

Nobody has to pretend Undertale is a good game when Deltarune blew it out of the water. If you say Undertale>LISA you may as well say that LISA is shit in your opinion.
TF2 was fixed on blue moon update and "cancerous fanbase" is not a real reason to lower your score. You probably just sucked all the fun from the game and grew tired of it, which is fine, but no reason to call it dogshit

Both based

The people who hate Brawl are Justin Bieber fangirls who can't stand awesome things. Brawl has Snake, the Subspace Emissary, awesome music, awesome final smashes, and a whole bunch of other epic stuff. Only idiot Zoomers hate Brawl.

It's because of "muh itemz off" "people".

In my experience i's the older people who have Melee nostalgia that hate Brawl. I have a lot of nostalgia for Melee too, but like Brawl more from an unbiased viewpoint.

What would you consider to be the best 3D Mario?

Super Smash Bros. fan service peaked with Brawl. Nothing will ever top the Sonic reveal trailer.

>implying that's wrong

2007 is overrated. The best year of the decade in gaming was 2001.

Captain Toad

>only when white civilization opens up and gives blacks oppurtunity do they become entertaining monkeys dancing to music
hmmmmm

>matchmaking is still bad where steamrolls are incredibly often and teams with 4 noobs with under 5 hours go up against people with 1000+ hours
>comp is a (dead) joke still
>game runs worse with godawful shitreg and hitboxes (Source is a bad engine)
>balance is nowhere to be seen
>Community servers that aren't 24/7 2fort or Turbine, trades, or the occasional Saxton Hale/100x are dead
>Cheating is bad and LMAOBox is still a thing
>Community is AIDs and a valid reason when every r/TF2 retard is saying the N word while kicking people for playing the game

If you have spent any money on this game since 2016 your opinion is invalid

Steins;gate the anime is one of the most overrated and boring anime of all time.

>music
lmao what about infrastructure and a functioning society, if anything modern pop music is a criticism of actual reason and purpose

you're exaggerating or you're getting confused with the first galaxy

It was hyped up as the best thing since crack cocaine (no hype cycle before or since will ever surpass it on Yea Forums) but when it came out the core versus mode played like shit compared to Melee (broken momentum, horrid character balance, and just plain retarded decisions like tripping) which left a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths.

>>matchmaking is still bad
Maybe in your zone, here in SA matches are fairly balanced and fun (when there are no brazilians of course)
>>comp is a (dead) joke still
>comp being worth of any work
>ever
lol
>>game runs worse with godawful shitreg and hitboxes (Source is a bad engine)
Only sniper needs a rework on this, pyro has been fixed and the rest of hitboxes work fine. Except on meelee. Meelee tf2 has always been shit.
>>balance is nowhere to be seen
Just for medic and sniper maybe a nerf on explosives
>>Community servers that aren't 24/7 2fort or Turbine, trades, or the occasional Saxton Hale/100x are dead
Nope, i just played some orange, yesterday i played tf2ware and dodgeball, last week prophunt, all with 14+ people
>>Cheating is bad and LMAOBox is still a thing
Ye
>>Community is AIDs and a valid reason when every r/TF2 retard is saying the N word while kicking people for playing the game
Tryhard
>If you have spent any money on this game since 2016 your opinion is invalid
Every christmas i buy myself 5 mvm tickets and thats it

Sunshine, then 64, then Odyssey

FPBP

I don't get the appeal of FPS games. They all feel the same to me.

Mario 64’s momemtum physics suck, Sunshine’s make them asinine because they’re so much better.

Sunshine's the crown jewel of repetitive 3D Mario missions though. Controls like a goddamn dream but the mission structure is the most tedious of all the entries.

The blue coins are shit, but the red coins in the secret allow for new maneuvers as you are allowed FLUDD this time.

Also Blooper can go to hell, but at least Petey gave you a new environment the second time.

I think Sunshine is underrated, but both Galaxies and Odyssey are better to me.

k

the horse thing technically ain't wrong

There's also chasing Shadow Mario down fuck knows how many times, that was a ton of fun. Honestly, I think Sunshine peaked with its FLUDD-less stages, which coincidentally are basically proto-Galaxy but with a better moveset.

Twilight Princess is the best Zelda and Majora's Mask is the worst. I like all of them though.

wew lad irresistable b8

not unpopular, everyone can agree Smash has yet to reach brawl hype levels

I like TP best but think WW's the worst.

despite

Attached: https _blogs-images.forbes.com_niallmccarthy_files_2018_09_20180914_Deadly_Dogs_Forbes.jpg (1280x868, 81K)