Genichiro:

Genichiro:

> Wants to save the country his gandfather built from scratch
> Merely wants to use the power of the Dragon's Blood to return his grandfather to his prime
> His fears and paranoia are more than justified as Ashina gets invaded TWICE during the game.
> Asks Kuro politely for the power, keeps him safe in his own bedroom

Sekiro:

> Literally has no freewill, does everything his 10 year old master wishes
> Dooms his nation to the ruin, then fucks off west or dies.
> Kuro's refusal of using the Dragon Blood for war purposes has no positive merit, as war would just happen anyway.

Who's the villain again?

Attached: genichiro-ashina--34.8.jpg (210x240, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

clips.twitch.tv/NastyArtsyPepperoniBIRB
youtube.com/watch?v=WkKwG1zxk8w
pastebin.com/BRmS3Zsp
frontlinejp.net/2018/06/14/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-interview-with-director-miyazaki-part-1-2/
rule34.paheal.net/post/view/3037339
frontlinejp.net/2019/03/27/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-director-miyazaki-discusses-his-vision-and-how-it-was-conceived-part-1-2/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sokushinbutsu
frontlinejp.net/2018/06/14/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-interview-with-director-miyazaki-part-2-2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The Genichiro boss fight is seriously one of my favourite boss fights in any game ever. So good.

Sekiro just wants Kuro’s boihole

Ashina was doomed before you even start the game retard.
What if Kuro give Genichiro the blood? Only more bloodshed and him spreading Dragonrot to everyone in the country.
There's no good end for Ashina, only a quick death or a painful and long one

Attached: 1533033731667.jpg (720x569, 74K)

>wants to use Kuro's blood to give him immortality to save Ashina
>can summon his grandfather back to his prime, a literal sword saint
>Isshin was a literal sword god in his prime, it was him who conquered Ashina in the first place
>instead of using this trump to defend the city he wastes it on some random dude for a power that would likely just be overkill at this point

seriously, what was he thinking?

Attached: 1554077196416.jpg (562x516, 131K)

Honestly I found it hard to follow the reasoning of the main characters.

Ok so Kuro is a part of the Ashina household, so are Emma and Genichiro. Isshin is the head of the household.
And then Genichiro kidnaps Kuro and for whatever reason this gives you enough reasoning to wipe out ALL the Ashina top brass including Genichiro and Isshin, repeatedly.
I guess they didn't really figure some random shinobi is going to wipe them out completely, but still. Everyone you meet there is completely murderous.
And on top of that the Tokugawa or whatever are invading as well.
Oh yeah and also Emma and Kuro are totally chill with you murdering everyone in sight.

The story is based on drakeblood? Miyazaki is crutching on DS2???

why didnt gen ask nicely

Or why not just recruit Wolf to work for them?

In actual history if I am remembering correctly the territory of Ashina is in the middle of Japan and close to Takeda lands.
I think they get invaded by them so if they do DLC for the game it will be against Takeda Shingen and his elite 4 generals.

You never fight Isshin in cold blood, and Genichiro is crazy and obsessed with gaining the power of the Dragon Heritage. Everyone you meet is hostile because Isshin is sick and they're under Genichiro's orders. Kuro and Emma are cool with you carving a path through everyone because it's all in service of ending the immortal curse. You're trying too hard to make a fictional story sound absurd.

genichiro is kinda sexy

*strums*

Attached: o.jpg (1280x720, 233K)

Why was she so hysterical?

Ashina isn't a country, it's a bunch of asshole samurai holed up in the mountains who are ignoring the government. Isshin basically just wants to fight dudes.

Tokugawa Shogunate aren't having that shit cuz they wanna unify.

Kuro is a member of the Hirata clan, who are under the Ashina Clan.

Emma is not a part of the Ashina either. She's an orphan.

Owl wants Kuro's power to conquer all of Japan. Genichiro want's it to save the weakening Ashina from the interior ministry, who is conquering everyone in Japan currently. Essentially we decide that he is our enemy because we decided that some 12 year old kid's dream is more important than the survival of the clan.

Before all of this there was a previous divine heir whose shenobi was Tomoe, an okami warrior who could use lightning, just like the okami warriors at the fountainhead palace. Presumably this was before the fountainhead palace waters got corrupted and transformed everyone into fight people. In the purification ending we learn the Tomoe tried to commit suicide to end the divine heir's immortality, but alas failed. She says that the "path to the divine realm won't open up anymore." We find a sleeping woman at the entrance to the divine dragon fight in fountainhead palace who is not transformed into a fish person, which means that they fell asleep before the waters got corrupted. Someone with the dragon's blood is immortal, so it is possible that this is Tomoe (who has the same blood as us, she literally cannot die.)

>go get Kuro, he's in the big castle
>can't even "get" him, only talk to him once there
>everyone you meet along the way is filled with insane murderous hatred and you have to kill them all
>everyone, from footsoldiers to generals

You literally singlehandedly obliterated the entire Ashina remnant and noone even specifically asked you to do so, noone objected to it and there's no solid reasoning behind it.

I mean the usual soulsborne excuse is that everyone is hollowed/tainted with bad blood so it's okay that they're enraged zombies, but this time it just feels a bit more absurd.

Especially when in the middle of cutting the entire Ashina forces into little ribbons you meet Isshin who's just chilling around and he teaches you Ashina special moves. That's just nuts.

>YO LETS TOTALLY GRANT GENICHRIO IMMORTALITY IN WAR TORN JAPAN
>YO IM A RIGHTEOUS GUY WHICH IS WHY I HAVE TO KILL A 10 YEAR OLD KID TO SAVE MY EMPIRE
>YO LOCKING UP KIDS IS A OK
>YO MASSACRING THE KIDS ENTIRE FAMILY IS ALSO A OK

Yikes

That is all fine and dandy but most of that is revealed AFTER you literally singlehandedly obliterate Ashina forces without anyone asking you specifically to do so.

Do you think a Genichiro dlc is possible? I saw a few people talking about it.

agreed. only fight that may be better is gael or artorias

How dense are you? Isshin is no longer in control of Ashina, Genichiro is. Genichiro has naturally ordered Ashina's forces to kill the shinobi that wants to come and rescue his ticket to immortality. How is any of this beyond reason with the established relationships between characters?

Genichiro could already revive, we only rekt him using mortal blade. Why the fuck did he even need Kuro?

The immortality Genichiro had was from drinking fucked up water that infects you with centipedes and had a high chance of killing most who ingest it, Kuro's immortality is pure 100% derived from dragon cum that never fucks up.

Genichiro is a bitch who just can't let things go.
Ashina is a lost cause which even his grandfather, the OG who built the damn thing from the ground up, has given up on.
The divine heir refuses his demands and he won't take no for an answer. He even "sheds his humanity" for his goals.
Then he drags his grandfather from the afterlife to restore the Ashina, which is a smoldering pile of ash by then.

He's no different than the idiots at Senpou seeking muh immortality. So obsessed with the temporal world when its clear that some things just have to end.

He literally tried

>cheap instakills
>double instakills with a skill
>game focused on stealth, stealth is absolutely broken and unreliable
>wants to detach itself from typical from garbage still feels like the same exact garbage t. demon of hatred
>simple storyline filled with plot holes shit you didnt give the sake to that specific character? well fuck you and the explanation of key world plots!
>easy as shit bossfights with no purpose
>difficulty spikes near the end wtf
>still has that miyazaki garbage written all over it with the cryptic story while it apparently tried to detach itself from it
yeah, im thinkin this is from's absolute worst

Attached: smug (2).jpg (676x662, 91K)

It's a discount Dragon Blood, he want the real thing

what the FUCK was her problem?

The first black phantom I ran into was the samurai that pops up on the bridge right after her arena. For a bit I was convinced it was the ghost of Sakuza pissed off that his ghost waifu chose to dump him for some literal who wandering samurai who got obsessed with her music.

>Wants to use Dragon Blood so that every single person in Ashina dies from dragonrot while he keeps getting jobbed because you can't fight for shit
Genichiro had good intentions but was an absolute jobber.

She wanted the D. Really.

In actual history Ashina got jobbed by Date not Takeda.

Is this absolute jobber the Nishiki of Fromsoft?

How powerful was Isshin Ashina in his prime that the Interior Ministry only decides to invade Ashina when he is an elderly man and slowly dying from an illness?

Ashina is already a dilapidated shithole inhabited only by degenerates and monsters by the time the events of the game occur. There's literally no reason other than pride to prevent the interior ministry from conquering it and he wouldn't have been able to do it by himself anyway. He would just be killed over and over again by Nobunaga's army or some shit.

It still makes no sense. How is Isshin no longer in charge when Genichiro is still an absolute jobber, Isshin is still by far the strongest person in all of Ashina AND the soldiers are literally saying they will fight for lord Isshin.

The game has plot holes face it.

Ashina is actually real? wtf

Imagine any of those red hatted goons going one-on-one, or two-on-one, or 20-on-one with Isshin Ashina, Sword Saint. One fucking sheathed bigass circle move and they'd be dead before he could even summon his spear from the dirt realm.

To be fair, it was Owl’s fault that the Hirata estate was ransacked.

>Genichiro is a bitchier version of Gwyn

So you’re saying the main theme is just a rehash of DaS3 and Ashes of Ariandel? Miyazaki’s a hack

Is it that surprising? This whole thing was just a historical fantasy re-imagining of a real period in a real world location.

It was a real clan during the 1450 sengoku wars in Japan, but it was also a super minor clan that was basically akin to mountain niggers. They never did anything special and got jobbed at every turn. The only reason they lasted as long as they did is because mountains are hard to conquer.

>obsession with dragon blood
>immortality and decay
>themes of stagnation and things needing to come to an end

Miyazaki literally rehashing his previous games.

More like a bitchier version of Gwyndolin

>can't even "get" him, only talk to him once there
You literally try and the game even gives you a fake choice where Sekiro staunchly states 'I can't do that my lord, its my mission to protect you, its time to go' but Kuro convinces you otherwise.

I was under the assumption that the setting is just based on feudal Japan, hence the all the weird shit going on

He’s a sick dying old man past his prime. But regardless Genichiro was probably named head of the clan by either his father or Isshin himself.

Should have trained a bit more under Tomoe, then

Pretty much. The theme of "prolonging the natural order is bad" is still there but with Buddhist connotations.
The lore of Sekiro is pretty straightforward.

It's really more just Buddhist in general. In fact it's pretty hamfisted at times considering they have a temple of corrupted Buddhists who for some reason do the exact opposite of what Buddhism is all about by seeking immortality instead of letting go and being able to pass on towards nothingness.
Genichiro refuses to see what a fucking shithole Ashina is even if it could be saved and how it would be better to let it die for the sake of rebirthing into something better.

wait so the final boss only fights us because he doesn't actually have a say in the matter since he's a summon?

>only wins against wolf at his lowest point
>if he loses to lowest point wolf fucking cheats to win
>btfoed by 10 year old
>btfoed by based grandpa
>btfoed by waifu
>loses to wolf
>unveils his anime powerup, loses again
>loses a third time
>calls based grandpa for help, loses
>dies and everything he was trying to save goes up in flames
>defeated off screen by an old man in shura ending

Biggest Jobber in video game history

>p-please save Ashina, Sekiro
>still get attacked by Ashina troops
what the fuck

Essentially it's that and Isshin just feeling pity for how much of a fuckup his grandson his that he fights you out of obligation along with a desire to fight Sekiro in his prime.

>He’s a sick dying old man past his prime.
Did you play the Shura ending? Sick old man could probably take on every single other enemy in the game, including bosses. Also the soldier's devotion are clearly to Isshin, and Isshin is on your side because he realizes that Genichiro is a jobber. He could easily just go "Hey if you see this dude let him through". Instead he sends Emma so she can help you kill half his standing army and all his best generals. It literally makes no sense.

Yes and it also proves how much of a little shit Genichiro is.

Isshin is heavily in the Robert Baratheon character archetype. A fucking monster of a conqueror, warrior, and slayer, but not a single lick of knowledge or even desire over how to actually rule what he's conquered.

I think the point of the Senpou monks was that they rejected Buddha for their petty human ambitions when they learned about the potential to live forever.

Effectively, its really just Japanese honor which might as well be binding black magic in a romantacized rendition.
Honestly he really just wants to fight cause he's into fighting alot.

No, Genichiro was still below Isshin, he acted against Isshin’s will with the loyal troops he had

I can't think of any character in the souls series who's a bigger jabroni.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Which is the exact opposite of Buddhism. You want to die in Buddhism and achieve Nirvana, which is the exact opposite of living forever.

Did you read anything about Isshin in-game? He’s a warmonger who wants war. He wants the fighting. He doesn’t give a fuck. He’s given up on his clan’s survival and is just waiting for death.

it does seem awfully convenient that genichiro couldn't just kill kuro and take his blood for himself in an attempt to gain the dragon's heritage. the lore requires that one go through the immortal oath before gaining the power of dragon's heritage, so this means genichiro can only endlessly try to convince kuro to perform the oath with him to get what he wants.

moreover, what makes the dragon's heritage form of immortality more desirable than the rejuvenating waters that genichiro already dabbles in? what makes the dragon's heritage able to save ashina while the rejuvenating waters cannot?

Makes even less sense since he wouldn't have handed power over to his absolute bitch of a grandson. Also do we ever hear anything about his actual son?

No, Genichiro summons Isshin from the dead, and Isshin, reinvigorated, sees that moment as an opportunity to fight the best swordsman out there (with that taking precedence over anything else). His escapades as the Tengu man show he didn’t care that much about Ashina’s fate as a feudal estate anymore, he only wanted to fight.

There's a real Ashina clan but it doesn't match up geographically, isn't the game Ashina supposed to be in the north? The spelling is the same though, which threw me off

Good question. Maybe it's just very uncomfortable to have a giant centipede up your ass. I don't know.

How come the same troops you're fighting are literally going having pep talks praising lord Isshin then? Why aren't they praising lord Genichiro?

Isshin is awesome but he's also a bit of a nutty old motherfucker. Its not outside of the realm of possibility that he intentionally wants to see how strong Sekiro is to see if he'll be able to give him a good fight. A stretch I guess.

should've known the bitch was crazy when she had a bucket on her head

I think it’s a combination of:

>being forced to obey Genichiro’s last wish since he was summoned by him
>wanting to fight Sekiro because he’s crazy for fighting and sees him as a worthy opponent
>to test and prepare Sekiro for whatever danger might come on his journey to the west

Yea he wants war. You need armies and generals to wage war. And he hasn't given up on shit as evident by the fact that he dresses up as weeb batman and kills the interior ministry troops throughout the game. Have you played the game?

>tfw only understood the Kuroand dragon blood plotline
>all the political bullshit confused the shit out of me
am I a brainlet
I got return ending first try though

Attached: 1553769751140.png (179x360, 101K)

To be fair, who wouldn't rather follow based Isshin than that tryhard Genichiro.

well sure, i grant that much. but i'm asking why genichiro absolutely NEEDS the dragon's heritage to stop the interior ministry. if both forms effectively grant a lasting immortality then genichiro can just fight on the front lines, on the bridge that connects the outskirts to the castle, until every last soldier in red is dead. of course, the castle is still burning to a crisp at this point, but it's not like the empire would be completely snuffed out so long as a significant portion of soldiers remained.

I think the in game reasoning was "Hey, look! Now that we're immortal we have all the time we need to figure out enlightenment, haha I'm so smart!" Basically, they thought they had it all figured out and didn't realize that they were spiritually fucking themselves over by refusing to go back into the reincarnation cycle and reaching enlightenment the intended way.

If he didn't care about Ashina and just wanted a good fight he wouldn't exclusively be fighting interior ministry troops.

>what makes the dragon's heritage form of immortality more desirable than the rejuvenating waters that genichiro already dabbles in? what makes the dragon's heritage able to save ashina while the rejuvenating waters cannot?

Rejuvenating waters make you lose control due to it creating the centipede (symbol of japanese corruption) inside of the host who consumed the water.

Dragon heritage is real immortality (but few know about Dragonrot). They only think ressurrection could help in battle, there’s no other quality that would make it able to save Ashina.

I guess that could be an explanation but it is like you say a stretch. The story just isn't that good IMO, I think Miyazaki just isn't used to tell a straightforward story like this(which it very much is compared to usual souls). It doesn't even come close to the plot hole of you killing your father 3 years ago then him orchestrating the whole thing that happens in the game lol.

Isshin is a legend and their leader, Genichiro is his grandson, acting against his will (but not as his enemy), trying desperately to save the Ashina name.

The ‘radicals’ would rather fight with Genichiro than wait and defend the castle.

This. He even fucking called them rats even.

Ohh 100% old man team. It's just a big plot hole in the game.

the interior ministry soldiers were much more skilled than his own men.

I think Isshin might be a bit more nuanced then that even if its not clearly communicated. He's not just a batshit warmonger- he takes on a sort of pride and responsibility in slaying people before they become Shura as evidenced by his past with Sculptor and his lines during the Shura ending.
I think he realizes Ashina is done, doesn't want anyone to dip into supernatural shit to prolong it and risk bringing about true evil as a result, while simultaneously also really liking fighting in a more shonen protagonist kind of way, which is why he still does the Lego Ninja Batman roleplaying stuff.
Basically what I'm saying is we need a novelization of Isshin's life because he's awesome and a cool character.

Maybe it's too imperfect a kind of immortality where your body still rots and decays. I mean, look at the ape. It's immortal but can still be beheaded.
Sekiro's genuine immortality brings him back good as new.

>Asoiaf/GoT faggot being mentally retarded as usual
Jesus fuck, at least read up on your fav trash show. Robert turned into a drunk shit king mainly because he sole motivation in life is gone, he wanted that Stark pussy which he got NTRed over. Isshin is a nutty old man that realize the clan was going to end.

He's got dudes out there are will literally job the ministry soldiers. Seven Spears dude is stronger than literally any of the ministry soldiers. So are the snake eyes. You're reaching.

Should've gotten gud instead of relying through easy mode resurrections.

My entire experience with the show is through memes, my point is I don't see Isshin sitting down for a long gay ass ceremony where he just has to look pretty while bureaucrats make decisions around him when he can just throw those duties on a successor so that he can go find things to fight.

He also warns Sekiro when you meet him “if you give in to hate, I’ll cut you down”

clips.twitch.tv/NastyArtsyPepperoniBIRB

lel no, interior ministry is far superior to Ashina’s men

But the point is that he's still the leader of Ashina. Even if he gave away all his official power and duties to Genichiro, the soldiers still fight for him. He could easily let Sekiro in if he wanted. And he obviously wants to since he's the motherfucker that calls Sekiro over in the first place.

If he didn't he wouldn't just let you mortal blade'd him after he lost.
He actually just wanted to fight good swordsman like Sekiro, honoring genny's dying wish was just a bonus.

The seven spears may be better than the average ministry soldier, but the average ministry soldier is better than 90% of Ashina

You're going to tell me interior ministry has a single dude stronger than seven spears or the dual slice dude in the dojo? Na mate.

roasties man...

The first time I got to Genichiro's 2nd phase a tiny baby mantis crawled onto my monitor to wish me good luck

Attached: IMG_20190402_135818168~01.jpg (2257x2960, 893K)

The third drunkard

The Ashina won't stand up to the ministry long.
They've done research on "red eyes", hired mercs like that monk near the old grave, etc. But a lot of good that did them when the purple ninjas managed to breach the main keep anyway.

Yea but if he's looking for a challenge he would look for strong fighters not endless waves of mooks. Especially when the dude could legit clear 20+ mooks in a single swing with his OP moves.

What? Just because he doesnt care about ashina's fate doesnt mean he's gonna go arounf killing his own men. Thats some faulty ass logic

>Drunkard description says he was a former sumo wrestler who got banned due to drinking and turned to banditry
Did they have organized Sumo wrestling that long ago? Seems weird to me

He's way weaker what are you smoking.

The faulty ass logic here is you assuming anything that aren't interior ministry soldiers are his own men.

>TFW you waste a bunch of divine confetti because her ability to become intangible bamboozled you into thinking she was a ghost

I actually fell for the Scooby Doo gambit

He could literally go anywhere in Japan and fight whoever is strongest if he didn't care about Ashina. Instead he stays in Ashina and only kills interior ministry troops. Not that hard to understand he still wants Ashina to succeed even if he doesn't go full sperg over it like his grandson.

That's a sweet bass drop.

fact: the average ministry soldier is more difficult to beat than the average ashina soldier.
this necessarily means that the ministry has an upper hand against the average ashina opponent
is it true that the seven spears guy by the reservoir at the end could handle the average ministry dude? sure. but the ministry has way more numbers in theory than ashina does and the seven spears guy would lose a battle of attrition. just like ashina is destined to lose the battle through attrition. the soldiers you eavesdrop on throughout the entire game always say that they're outmanned or lacking in resources compared to the opponent. they've had to resort to strange shit like putting a flaming log on a bull so they can have a chance at beating the ministry. and all of it is for naught in the end.
really though if sekiro hadn't killed the bull the bull would've easily dealt with all of the ministry mooks on the bridge at the endgame.

she is a ghost, but confetti isn't useful against her anyway since the best way to kill her is parrying until her posture is full

Who do you want him to go off and fight in the vicinity reasonably? If you want to get this autistic there could have been multiple more minibosses out there that he killed and you never saw. Just because we only see him having killed the immediate threat of the interior ministry doesnt say anything

You can buy an infinite amount of them at the end for 300 a pop. They also provide a damage buff regardless of enemy type so it wasn't 100% a waste.

She is a ghost though

...She is a ghost though. She staggers way more often against confetti and you can get more hits in, lower her vit and gain more posture damage.

Any time you hear the headless theme, its a ghost.

Hes an old man, he flat out keels over when the ministry invades. What makes you think he could easily travel accross japan to kill random fuckos. Its still his kingdom even if he doesnt care whether its taken over

he’s sick, though, he has to be constantly treated by Lady Emma

Rejuvenating water has a pretty wild effect depending on the individual.
The kids the monks forced to drink the water died, save for one kid.
The monks themselves who drank the water turned into some weird crawling creature, some got possessed by giant centipedes, and some became a dry husk that got thrown down into the abandoned dungeon.
The people at Mibu village who drank the water became undying midget zombies, while the ones at fountainhead became some weird fish hybrid that gets addicted to the water but for some reason doesn't gain immortality.

no girl will ever want me as much as she wanted lord sakuza

Sekiro is isshin's biological spawn. Genichiro isn't. That's why isshin helps you and teaches you arts throughout the game.

>really though if sekiro hadn't killed the bull the bull would've easily dealt with all of the ministry mooks on the bridge at the endgame.
probably but eventully it would be brought down by all the gunmen. Just getting a few cannon guys to destroy the bridge from a range would be more effective. how did they even build that thing right across from a heavily guarded fort directly next to the castle in the first place?

This whole thing is in response to someone who said he didn't care about Ashina anymore and just wants to fight. It's obviously wrong since he stays in Ashina and still actively fights for Ashina. And if he's strong enough to kill 3+ ministry ninjas he's strong enough to travel for a couple of days while waiting for either someone to kill him in combat or die searching. That's what someone who didn't give a fuck about Ashina and just wanted to fight would do.

>Plot makes no sense because i have 20 iq

The water that causes the centipedes and the one that makes fish people are separate things I'm pretty sure. The centipede is false, while fountainhead has the actual source from the dragon. iirc they become weird because they drink way too much of it

Source: My ass.

I mean, I guess not caring is the wrong word for him to use? Isshin is clearly ambivalent to losing Ashina, and hates all the niggers trying to become immortal. That doesnt mean he won't do what he can while hes around. And no, he would die without Emma's medical treatment

How come you kill your father and 3 years later he does all this funky shit to invade Ashina and then you fight kill and kill him again?

Explain that faggot.

Well yea he makes it pretty clear that he's against corrupting everyone/having everyone die from dragonrot, doesn't mean he doesn't care about Ashina.

Genichiro bring adopted is literally said explicitly retard. Clean your ears.

I'm talking about the part where Sekiro is Isshin's actual son. Where's the source for that? It doesn't say it anywhere.

This is that subversive shit where you sneak a truth in with a lie, right? /pol/ warned me about this...

Why the fuck with Wolf be Isshin's fucking kid when he was taken in by Owl after Ashins wrecked another clan? Genichiro isnt biological but you're still retarded

(kill them sekiro, kill them all.)

>sculptor literally tells Sekiro that the memories in the bell might not actually be what really happened
>everyone talking about them as if they're plot holes
we don't even truly know who the fuck sekiro is

Attached: 1522718610245.png (385x343, 53K)

you can cure dragonrot easily
and after genichirou maxed out his stats and found all his bow upgrades he wasn't gonna die to any normal shitters

.... you fucking find shit that you carry back to present time. It's pretty much a time travel device. There's also the looter/merchant that confirms that it actually happened.

Genichiro is a pitiful creature.

>kill anayama in memory
>he no longer shows up in the present
You're right. It's not a representation of the past. It's fucking time travel.

you mean the merchant that fucking lies to you? yeah i'd trust his word too

>Im too retarded to read dialogues: the post
Im done. Either you havent played the game or you are parroting braindead people who cry before they read.

No one knows how to cure dragonrot besides you and Emma. And that's only after some point in the game, up until then it's very much the plague.

I don't remember him lying. Even if he did it's still a fucking time travel machine because you can meet him in the present, go back and kill him in the past and he's dead in the present.

>I can't explain shit so I'm just going to insult him. I sure showed him.

Good try idiot.

You forgot Dragonrot

Can someone explain the lore to me,
I'm not going to be able to buy the game for a couple months.

some thing in that memory makes no sense how did kuro give sekiro blood with no mortal blade???

He didn't know Sekiro had time travel powers yet what he said corroborates what you see in the memory, and he even tells you where to find the flame vent which was good info.

yeah and nobody knew what caused the dragonrot either, so that couldn't really factor into kuro's decision

>Takeda
Damn, bad Rance flashbacks here. Fuck those faggots with their cheating birds. Stupid assholes.

>got BTFO by Date

Attached: Basara2AzureDragon.png (454x603, 158K)

It's a bit more complicated. Kuro is actually part of the hirata noble house which was a vassal of ashina. The invasion of the barbarians that destroyed hirata was likely orchestrated by owl, lady butterfly, and a conspicuous lack of ashina defense for hirata possibly implicating genichiro himself. Isshin knows that ashina is likely to fall and does not approve of genichiros actions, but in his age can no longer run the nation. Kuro also knows about genichiros ambitions and his willful sacrifice of his humanity for power and wants to avoid creating a power hungry demon out of him.

>The bait to know more about the game because he's too poor to buy and play it
nt third worlder

kuro and Emma are lying to you. Sekiro is someone way more important than they want you to realize.

You make a point, I forgot Emma was the first one to link immortal rez to dragonrot. Maybe because they called that shit fucking dragonrot I just assumed everyone knew.

immortality bad
obsolescence good

it's the same, you can see centipede larvae feeding on the corpses of the carps at the bottom of the lake in fountainhead palace

what do you mean

Attached: 1539561418131.png (329x346, 218K)

Artorias is a dogshit fight. It's so overly simple and slow. Any average DaS2 boss is actually better.

Sure thing bud, I've completed the game twice already and almost done with my 3rd run.

are you sure dragonrot isnt revenge from the dragon for owl literelly cutting off his arm

I mean, factually the monks made a false rejuvenating water that makes the centipedes. Dont know about the larvae, but i didnt assume they were centipedes

why did sekiro have his prosthetic arm in the memory?

what does one man do with 6 swords?

>leaving out the part where the entire country is fucked up because Genichiro's desperation made him crazy and started relying on fucked up solutions.
Or do you think those big fat baby men with the mallets were always there?

Attached: 1413216389231.jpg (682x576, 36K)

good thing all the ds2 bosses are well below average
>muh raime
raime is lame DESU

Doesn't Emma mention an epidemic of Dragonrot before Owl takes a piece of the tree(which I'm assuming is the actual arm cut off part, unless I missed the part were Owl actually fights the dragon).

he puts them between each of his knuckles and wields them like claws

six claws

kuro is from hinata

The pride remains but the game does highlight multiple times that ashina is a dying nation that can no longer fix it's bridges, have enough salt for the living or dead and is relying on increasingly desperate means to defend itself (blazing bull/ orge) the ultimate prize being kuros immortal blood.

You don't need the mortal blade to give out immortality.
The previous owner of the dragon blood (Takeru) bestowed immortality to his most loyal retainer (Tomoe). Both also wanted to sever the immortality curse (might be because they were partly responsible for the first dragon rot epidemic), but failed because they weren't able to find the mortal blade.
Not sure how Takeru died in the first place and how it transferred the dragon blood to Kuro though, but Tomoe (presumably) died after Kuro got the dragon blood transferred to him.

Nice anecdote. Grats.

I think theres something sinister about the prosthetic arm also is that bone or wood that keeps the arm together

>Sekiro literally has no free will

Him choosing to break the Iron Code and do what he feels is right is literally one of the biggest plot points in the game you brainlet. Even the Sculptor comments on him being proud that Wolf's learned to make his own choices.

Attached: 1541123669920.png (308x296, 8K)

just once I'd like to see a souls game set somewhere where everything hasn't gone to shit, with towns and civilians and shit

Okay, I'm not as dumb as I thought at least. I thought you could only attack ghosts if you used the divine confetti.

then how come sekiro is the only one who after recieving immortality cant even remember who he used to be

>>Who's the villain?
Internet posters who casually propagate the idea that individual agency should be trampled whenever and wherever the state see convenient to do so.

>hurr durr be a retard and fight against everything I've been murdering people the entire game for and get the objectively worst ending
>keep listening to the retarded child
yeah, real big plot point

I either didn't give the right sake to the right person or I missed a dialogue but it was not outright stated that the Dragon's Blood is bestowed or hereditary right? It just appears, what is bestowed is immortality through what seems like the divine heir willingly "blessing" a person with immortality.

>invaded twice during the game
you mean during the day lmao
you literally start the game in the early morning and end at night

>dooms his nation
retard, wolf has nothing to do with politics, neither does genichiro desu, ashina is a fly of a clan, literally zero, geni can live in his dreams as long as he wishes, ashina is doomed because its a small irrelevant shithole founded on a whim and that doesnt work in feudalism, everyone could do anything, ashina would still get spatted if not today then tomorrow, you can jerk your headcanon all you want but history doesnt lie

>Once upon a time some badass old man named Isshin rolled up, took charge, kicked ass, and made his literally who tier clan somewhat noticeable and cool as they rekt other literally who tier clans in wars
>Ashina clan gets some renown with Isshin in charge
>Enter Wolf who is just some shmuck kid in the middle of some battlefield
>An old rogue Shinobi stumbles upon Wolf on this battlefield and notes how little of a fuck this kid gives
>This shinobi who is known as Owl is like "Man you know you're pretty alright kid. You're coming with me and I'm gonna make you a shinobi. Should be a fun little side project as I scheme to get more power
>Owl genuinely gets into this project as Wolf becomes awesome
>Eventually Owl learns of some kid who has immortality blood from some immortal dragon from the west who showed up at one point but who cares. Anyway, he wants some of that shit but he has to play it cool. So they eventually get into contact, Owl has his protege act his this kid's body guard. He gives his protege a code to follow. Daddy's orders come first and Master's is a super close second. Fuck what anyone else says.

>Time passes and Owl helps stage an assault on kid's home. During this, Owl makes a gamble and assassinates his protege, and luckily his plot works and kid gives his protege some of that immortality juice
>Owl fakes his death and fucks off for awhile
>At this point Isshin has kind of retired and his grandson is in charge of the Ashina Clan he helped build up from nothing
>Shit's falling apart and this other faction is knocking on their doors ready to conquer their asses
>Isshin's grandson also hears about the kid with immortality juice and he also wants some of that shit
>Nabs Kid and Wolf becomes depressed
>Some dame who supports / works for kid perks you up and goes "Yo get your ass in gear. Game's starting."

Then the game starts as you gotta save the kid.

Attached: Sekiro power of gun.gif (372x200, 1.32M)

he's a bit of a pushover desu

Nothing wrong with going to China with your wife.

Attached: 534434435345.png (841x897, 519K)

>Ashina got jobbed by Date not Takeda
Could you imagine if this mother fucker ended up one of the hardest bosses in TWO different games

Attached: download (30).jpg (300x168, 7K)

One thing I'd like to note, the other faction you mention isn't some random clan, I think it's very strongly implied to be the central government of Japan itself, with the Ministry of the Interior being the force responsible for getting all these breakaway clans in line.
Also
>that image
I'm doing the Isshin fight right now and that made me chuckle.

Emma works for isshin not kuro.

this is quite literally for the sake of narration
ashina is doomed, its set in stone to anyone with head not in their ass, it was doomed before you installed the game because thats history
all that matters is the immortality subplot with ashina burning in the background
fuck yeah, feudalism, baby!
i love me some smell of burning peasants in the morning!
just relax and enjoy

Genichiro is pretty based but there wasn't really a realistic way out of the situation.

Kuro saw how fucked up people were getting and how people were turning beast-like and losing their humanity from the resurrections. While granting Ashina the power of the dragons blood would fix things short-term eventually things would go to shit so severing the ties to immortality is truly the only answer. Genichiros fault lay in his ultimatum towards Sekiro/Kuro but that's just how powerful the pull of immortality is. Even the monks who were known for giving up their possessions and desires couldn't resist.

she's too young to be a wife

Actually it's probably Tokugawa before Tokugawa came into actual power. IIRC the soldiers at the end have the actual Tokugawa crest.

>a super minor clan that was basically akin to mountain niggers
This actually explains why the entire place is filled with midgets, retarded giants and other mutant freaks, that place is Japan's Alabama

Not in feudal japan she wasn't.

>attacks you if you pay attention to her
>attacks you if you ignore her
Typical women, eh lads?

whenever Date gets brought up I remember a post saying they accidentally wiped out an allied clan by accident and everyone laughed at them

I lost the guy that fights the drunk with you, I was pretty sad when he died.
His little speech is cool.

genichiro is a pussy

seven spears grunt is a harder fight.

MY NAME IS

Genichiro is such a fucking failure of a human being his country has almost completely collapsed and he's so fucking obsessed with the dragon's blood he isn't even stopping it. He's fucking around with the heir in a field somewhere while his country burns to the ground. There were 100 different times he could have done something to stop the interior ministry but he didn't, he just focused on Sekiro instead.

Why is that, user?
I actually really enjoy the whole "get dropped in some fantastic land and wander around it figuring out how everything went to hell and trying to find the big cool-looking things from the intro to murder" premise.
If anything I think this game might have too much of a plot, but the two Divine Best Girls help me overlook that.

>mfw didn't even know he was there because I came around the back way and killed the drunk by myself

Attached: 1481584244483.jpg (590x512, 159K)

There's no way in hell they can win against a full force Tokugawa, Ashina is fucked however you look at it

Attached: 1531813077690.jpg (755x743, 203K)

Not to mention he’s a jobbing fuck that gets BTFO twice (possibly three times)

if you save him nothing happens
i tried so hard because i thought it was going to be like a souls game where doing something like that gets you a cool reward
guess i got tricked! bravo miyazaki!

imagine losing to someone who's immortal
if you didn't beat him first try, technically he won

Surprising there hasnt been wojack or JUST edits yet.

yeah no way the strongest warrior alive with anime lightning powers who is also immortal equipped with a sword that can kill anyone and revive people could do something so crazy haha

>He could have stopped the Interior Ministry

What do you suggest he do? They were getting bodied, Sekiro basically fucks up nearly all of his generals, elites, and heavy hitters throughout the game, and then some literal giant fire monkey man showed up out of nowhere and started killing everything in sight.

why are you guys saying Tokugawa
what year is the game set in
doesn't Tokugawa only come into power like way late during the era

I don't blame Genichiro, but not only was Ashina already doomed but the thirst for immortality was clearly a much bigger threat to the entire country. Just outside of Ashina you have these monks masturbating to centipedes and Japanese innsmouth all because people wanted this sort of power. That's all just in Ashina too, dragonrot had existed elsewhere in the past so who knows what other crazy shit could have gone down trying to acquire immortality.

Attached: 1554062596312.jpg (528x822, 352K)

Let sekiro and kuro go and focus on defending your country. I'm pretty sure Sekiro killed most of Ashina's army by himself before the ministry even showed up.

To be fair, who wouldn't fuck around with the heir in a field.

>What do you suggest he do?
Cheese the ministry by shooting lightning arrows from the top of his castle.

Swell. So they lack dragon blood hax and have to go up against a superior fighting force with canonically better weapons, and a giant murder monkey demon running around

Who are they?

Attached: Sekiro™_ Shadows Die Twice_20190331211435.jpg (1920x1080, 491K)

>Jobichiro

Can you imagine Genichiro getting dragon blood and losing again and again to the ministry and the rage demon while the people of Ashina die from dragon cancer?
Kuro was right.

Because they have Tokugawa crests on them. They do come into power way later in real life, but they were still heavy hitters during the war.

youtube.com/watch?v=WkKwG1zxk8w

oh shit that's sick, I never noticed

Reminder: in real life the Ashina clan were crushed by Date Masamune.

Sekiro was an Autist with the social skills of a loofah, there’s no denying that. But Genichiro on the other hand was a stubborn bastard that wants to delay the inevitable when everyone else can see the writing on the wall. The whole message of the game is Moving On and he was the only one who can’t do that.

I get WHY he wants to preserve Ashina but he gotta realize that even with all the trump cards on their hand, they were slowly losing. The sword saint that everyone feared was on his death bed and the idea of having an immortal army was more harmful than helpful unless you can somehow convince the entire nation to become immortals, if that’s even possible for Kuro.

The murder monkey is neutral and will fight anyone that gets close. He's effectively a barrier that works for Ashina. Also he could just throw lighting at the fucks non stop. Maybe get some monkeys from the valley to help. Anything is better than getting jobbed 3 times in a row.

Don't you compare my god to that whiny retarded faggot.

>game/anime set in sengoku era
>everyone is always solemn and joyless
Why are traditional japs so depressing?

He drank the sediments and can shoot lightning at people, I'm pretty sure he'd be able to defend ashina long enough that the ministry would fuck off

>Country is basically completely drowned in warfare and lawless violence
Gee, I dunno

Are the sediments just the red lumps the surgeon dude makes? He gets the red eye shit in that cutscene.

Thanks man.

You know. I wish sekiro had more yokia a demons. I havent seen any get talked about.

play nioh

The Okami Warriors did nothing wrong.

Attached: fishgf.jpg (1121x750, 264K)

The best part is talking with Isshin and giving him Ashina sake, he reveals Ashina is their rightful land where their people lived, they had a different religion based on the Fountainhead and they were under the rule of a foreign power, implied to be the Ministry. So basically when Genichiro is accused of using "heresy" he's actually being faithful to the religion of the Ashina people. And Isshin merely took back what was theirs to begin with.

Attached: doll4.jpg (310x346, 28K)

idk I kind of liked how it isn't just Nioh shit again

Fountainhead was great

Just finished Owl after 15 goes.It felt sexy.

Nokia demons?

Finally beat NG+3 Bell+Charm Ape, is 2Ape MUCH harder does the reduced health/posture on each ape make it not as bananas?

wtf man when I sleep they come back to life. Their immortality is never explained either. shit game

Hey guys same user, after I got out of the flower cave some thing appears in the distance but then it fades away before I can get close enough to see what it is,is this a bug or something? Ps4 by the way.

shit, I need to bro out with Isshin more. I thought he only accepted unrefined sake and would old man sperg if I tried to give him any other type on my first play through

>they have a temple of corrupted Buddhists who for some reason do the exact opposite of what Buddhism is all about
senpou temple is based heavily off the actions of real life buddhists in japan. they mummified themselves while alive because they thought it would allow them to meditate forever.

>Tomoe and all of the Gun Fort women were probably all disgusting fish people
I thought the gunners were just Hills Have Eyes inbreed freaks not the result of fish fucking

Who was Tomoe exactly?
An Okami warrior who decided to go to the human realm and help out Isshin?

That sounds cool as fuck.
Yep.

Attached: 2_20_1.jpg (375x953, 170K)

There is nothing wrong with fucking a fish. Isshin had good taste.

Attached: 1553913649320.jpg (1023x1448, 578K)

I'm pretty sure it's partially made of bone

Fish people is result of overdose on fountainhead water
rejuvenating water have 3 potential:
> centipede infection for senpou mt region. Debilitate the body after a while after leaving ceptipede crawling everywhere inside the body
> red eyes. Leave the person in a frenzy rage to kill.
> fish transformation, which turns people into fishe people with strong urge to consume other's life force, eventually leads to cannibalism/
If only they have alex jones and his water filter

Any character will take any sake, and Isshin just loves booze in general

I feel like every traditional Japan game already has those
>yokai
>oda nobunga
>YOOOOOOOOOOO *bam bam*
Play Okami and Nioh if you want that sort of stuff

What the fuck were those wall demons in the Snake Hole and why were they only in that area?

If you had sex with a centipede infected person, could the centipede crawl inside of your dick?

Attached: 1530737214743.png (720x719, 394K)

>If only they have alex jones and his water filter
>I'm telling you there's something in the water and it's turning the gays into frogs

Attached: 1522936214150.png (309x313, 126K)

Surprisingly enough Sekiro was devoid of yokai and Nobunaga. Nobunaga was dead around the time the game takes place while Sekiro dealt more with the Buddhist side of Japanese culture instead of the Shinto/folklore side that Niho covers. Seiro deals with "Heaven", Niho deals with "Hell"

What are the centipedes? Where do they come from and why do they grant immortality?

Why is owl always getting bodied?

I thought that was the Date? I remember they killed Date Masamune's dad and jabbed out his eye, and then Date murdered the shit out of them and conquered the rest of north Japan.

they come from the lake at fountainhead

Parasites that live in the Fountanhead waters, when they infect someone they make them "immortal" mostly by eating out the insides of their bodies and controlling them like the Las Plagas do

Robert :(

Attached: 200_s.gif (300x200, 15K)

Are you sure it controls you?.
Hanbei seemed fine or maybe is a slow process.

The crest is very similar and the internal name for ministry soldiers is Tokugawa
pastebin.com/BRmS3Zsp

There should've been a Buddha boss fight.

Are they literally just physical manifestations of hollowing

Mikiri counter is so satisfying

Attached: sekiro.exe 2019.04.02 - 21.41.33.16.DVR.webm (960x540, 3M)

Once you die those little bastards definitely do though look at the mummies on Mt. Kongo, Guardian Ape phase 2/3 and True Monk phase 3
When Guardian Ape starts slithering around

Will there be another fight with him after he jumps off the castle?
Cause that shit was just weak, extremely easy to block\dodge animations in first two phases and the edgy-lightning-dude form is just pathetic, same animations with whopping two new lightning attacks that hurt him more than me.
Killed him in two tries (first one had 0 heals and half hp when we started, didnt expect the cutscene and a boss fight at a random balcony lol )

it seems confusing but it's actually just not well thought out and dumb.

Tokugawa was the Italy of Japan during Sengoku, they literally changed sides as soon as they got BTFO by anyone else

the little shit Ieyesu literally made up the Tokugawa name to claim noble descendency because he was a peasant

Reminder that Roberto is canon, Robert is just a shitty translation like what they did with Jirafu becoming Giraffe
He is much more likely to be Portuguese than anything else

Attached: 1554225499063.jpg (2560x1440, 1.37M)

why does he have knight armor with a samurai face helmet?

Advice from one wolf to another
>Meet the Buddha
>Kill the Buddha
>That is what it means to be on the Assassins road to Mifuedo

Attached: 000 (1).jpg (1913x1200, 890K)

Attached: 1552914568.moongator_comicpage3color_-_copy.jpg (905x1280, 286K)

What the fuck is this

Cause he came to Japan and thought they looked rad

It is, very much so.
Though touching briefly on that, the one thing that really annoys me in this game and the one thing I'd say is unreasonable is why they though the game needed all these different, mutually exclusive attack types with their counters.
Parry is the bread and butter, and that's fine. Grab attacks that bypass guard are a classic, so that's also okay. Thrust attacks you need to do a specific counter for are new, but that's a neat thing and a little bit of extra complexity on there isn't the worst thing. But then they go and add sweep attacks on top of that, that are also unblockable and require a completely different response than thrust attacks, and worse, the two share the same tell indicator.
I really wish they hadn't made sweep attacks a special thing the way they are. It's a bit much.

Why the fuck wasn't he a mini boss in sunken valley? Would've been cool seeing him again.

It just forces you to actually pay attention to your enemy as you can't just roll away from everything

japanese stylization, the game is a romantic portrayal of classical japanese art and mythology. If you look at old japanese art of westerners, they're all still drawn with japanese cultural features and ornamentation, because that's just how artists were able to interpret what they saw

You don't roll at all you just kinda hop

>why does he have knight armor with a samurai face helmet?
If Nioh's fluff descriptions hold any truth it was because Japanese smiths were exposed to western designs and they went wild trying new shit. That or the Knight gave them a description of European armor and then the Japanese smiths made a replica

To be honest I was surprised FromSoft didn't put a secret boss fight with Oda Nobunaga.

Except he wanted an immortal army. He would have destroyed Ashina altogether with Dragonrot.

yeah but Genchiro is a loser, well done one.

I like Nioh don’t get me wrong but it was one of those games that sounds really fun on the paper but gets kinda tame when seeing the finished results. Despite having a batshit crazy levels of ideas to work with, everything got pushed backseat for the sake of yet another Sengoku All-Stars Civil Wars shindig. Hell even William was just along the ride of whatever was going on and they only really got back to his shit when the game was at the end. Bosses were great but the enemies were just either humans, skellingtons or ogres with a different paint job. Sekiro had more humanoid enemies to fight against but each of them have their own distinct way of fighting so it wasn’t all that bad.

Here’s to hoping that Nioh 2 tone it down on the human’s side of the story.

How so? It's simply just "Sengoku era shit gets invaded war happen". It's pretty easy to get.

But they could at least have given it a different icon, if they're going to have icons at all.
The problem I'm noticing is situations like with Genichiro where the enemy can either do a thrust or a sweep in the exact same circumstances, and while the sweep gives you plenty of time to identify the animation and jump, the thrust is a lot faster, too fast for that kind of snap decision, at least for me.
And speaking of which, what the hell is that unblockable thing that the Demon of Hatred does sometimes where he slams down and drags his arm a long distance? Is that a sweep or a thrust?

yeah but Genochiro is a loser, well done one.

Attached: sekiroVsgenichiro.png (1586x686, 1.78M)

Dude wasn’t just about to travel across the sea towing a full armor set and a sick kid. He probably told the Jap armor smiths how that shit looked like and they made him one with their own flair.

>can cure dragonrot easily
The game offers you a limited supply. You cant even make more dragonrot droplets from Emma.

That's not a black phantom, it's an apparition. No, not the same shit, fuck you.

git gud

>game takes place in the span of a single day
>Genichiro somehow grows a moustache at the end.

It's written differently in kanji and they came out and said in interviews that this ashina is fictional.

frontlinejp.net/2018/06/14/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-interview-with-director-miyazaki-part-1-2/

It’s not even politics, it’s just a story about a land that hold out on its own until it’s eventual downfall. Except said land also happens to be sprinkled with a good amount of the supernatural.

Its apparitions that appear when you reach evening/night in Sekiro. The loading screen says vengeful spirits start roaming the lands.

>No soul level
>No shields
>No co-op OR pvp multiplayer
>difficulty almost nonexistant; no fall damage, falling off a cliff wraps you back to land, double jumping, you literally get a free resurrection every time you rest at an idol and can regain it by killing enemies. REVIVES.
>You only lose half your stuff on death not even all of it, Unseen Aid gives you a chance to even keep all of it
>Literally one main weapon and some mediocre subweapons
>No character customization
>Set in one of the most cliche and overdone eras in history
>Stupid prosthetic arm, why?
>Stupid ass James Bond grappling hook saves you from any difficult encounters
>Confusing title (how does a shadow die twice?)
Even the mighty must fall, this looks like trash, who else is ready for From's first major flop?

Just do what I do, when you see the perilous sign jump out of the way unless it's a very obvious thrust

Emma knows, Doujun/Dousaku also knows as evidenced from his reaction when he gets it, Sculptor knows, there's probably more
It's not exactly forbidden knowledge

>Ok so Kuro is a part of the Ashina household,
No
>so are Emma
No

>and Genichiro. Isshin is the head of the household.
Yes

he was having a really bad day

at least torrent the game before coming off as a dumb faggot who has played the game

That was my problem with Nioh for what little I played with it, and that is also my problem with Sekiro to an extent. The japanese think bandits, fishing villages and caves are extremely compelling things to interact with, apparently. And they're fucking not. I could feel myself clenching my teeth at the Hirata Estate section because while getting my face kicked in by hollowed out knights and black knights and other supernatural creatures and at the end getting bodied by a giant demon or mutated abomination is cool, getting my face kicked in by some gang of dirty hobos with no pants and at the end getting bodied by some guy called Janbei the Drunk or whatever isn't really the same level of cool. Same for how the brunt of minibosses are ordinary literal whos with names like General Jianzhou Manimoto that I coudn't bring myself to care about at all.

Attached: 20190326150909_1.jpg (1600x900, 254K)

Don't be mean, Genichiro isn't that pathetic

Vergil is more of a Nishikiyama than Genichiro

You're telling me that bosses like First Admiral of the Interior Mantanibwa Nakamabwe of Shinbozu and Sword Guardian of the Seven Seals of Light the Honorable Futawa Kasahumabare don't get the juices flowing?

The thing he gives you before he dies says something about O'Rin comforting him like a child.

>>Time passes and Owl helps stage an assault on kid's home. During this, Owl makes a gamble and assassinates his protege, and luckily his plot works and kid gives his protege some of that immortality juice
Except he explicitly says that this was not part of the plan.

What you dislike is what I like about the game. A low fantasy story instead of saving the world, very character driven, the characters aren't all powerful, and you're just battling mostly strong human opponents doing their best. Even the creature enemies are just mystical creatures and not some super powerful demigods. When I realized all the power level fuckery still couldn't change anything in the grand scheme of things and you're just helping the characters you care about get through it was when I fell in love with the story. Don't get me wrong, I love all the mythical shit in Souls, but I needed a break from that and I loved the smaller scale of this story.

How the fuck do I get in the surgeon room

Attached: 814380_20190328212719_1.jpg (1920x1080, 1.42M)

rule34.paheal.net/post/view/3037339

Why do people have trouble with this trash miniboss?

>Characters aren't all powerful
>Protagonist is literally immortal
Pick one

>c1300 Mist Noble / Innsmouth

This ain't official, right?

Goddamn I want to fight a guy whos name is 3x longer than his health bar

First, you need to grow gills

Can't wait for all the loli rice SFM/Blender porn

Nioh does have its problem. The thing is that 90% of human bosses in nioh are just npc with a weapon moveset that also is available to the player. They don’t do anything unique and you basically can use the same strat to take down all of them. Eventually, human bosses get really boring. The worst human bosses are typically the ones in the optional duals with some exceptions. It’s not like sekiro where you have to study unique attack pattern for deflect and punish window for each boss.
To solve this, the game throw multi boss challenge and/or give human boss living weapon state. However, boss’s living weapon state is pretty ridiculous and their ki is depleting slowly in the duration so most player would just run away, play safe, and wait it out for an easy ki break as it run out. Ki break system itself is worse than sekiro’s posture because it feels random as human boss’s ki fluctuate a lot so you just wail at them as much as you can and hope catch a moment that their ki at a low point for a break. Sekiro’s system is more consistent with rewarding the player for engaging the boss and working on the boss

Learn to breathe underwater

Part of me feels like this stuff is an act I've never gotten that mad at a video game before, do people unironically get like this? Does it have to do with perhaps being in my mid twenties so the concept of taking a video game seriously is kind of foreign to me having not grown up with like competitive gaming and shit? Like the way I see it you play a game sometimes you die sometimes you dont it's all just fun I've never thrown a controller at a TV or anything

Gotcha. Thought I'd figured that shit out but I'll go for a swim and search around some more.

>who else is ready for From's first major flop?
Game already sold millions and billions

Did Tomoe leave Fountainhead when it started to turn to shit due centipides and the stagnant water? Full of disgusting shit. Thecsmall lake is almost Ganges tier.

I'm asking because when you look at the Lightning Reversal scroll you see Okami Warrior Women that look human even Isshin didnt mention at all Tomoes inhuman looks (unless she looked normal like a human)

>Sekiro DLC: Fight Ghost Demon Nobunaga

>No character customization
Ah, another RPG self-inserter, I see.

Is anyone else currently on their NG++ playthrough I just steam rolling through the game? I still don't think I'v lost to any boss yet and I just beat the Owl on top the castle.

Attached: 1406053821970.png (265x348, 85K)

How would Jack fare in Sekiro?

Attached: 32F4BC12-7D30-4853-AD25-B205A2F7852E.jpg (480x325, 23K)

I kinda hit my own leg when I got ape down to 10% life and died, but you have to have mental issues to get like that clip.

Yeah I wasn’t exactly feeling it when I first started off Sekiro because of that. Plus the premise didn’t sounded too exciting either. I mean it was just “The kid have been kidnapped by the bad guys. Are you a bad enough dude to go and save the prince?” But like I said, I can appreciate Sekiro for the fact that they at least bothered to give the humanoid enemies a distinctive fighting style.

Immortal does not equal omnipotent. A snail could be immortal and it wouldn't be doing much to anybody.

What happens if you fight the Guardian Ape without the mortal blade? Does the 2nd phase even start?

Jack was trained in Shinobi arts, he'll do fine.

>falling for pre-release pasta

Attached: IMG_488ae24b-9acb-443d-9109-846b31e421fb.png (1920x1080, 1.33M)

YARE

Attached: harakiri.webm (852x480, 2.96M)

I thought the woman at the shrine you pray at to fight the Divine Dragon was supposed to be Tomoe

>Jumps on head for free deathblow
Heh.... Nuttin personell

>First Admiral of the Interior Mantanibwa Nakamabwe of Shinbozu
>Sword Guardian of the Seven Seals of Light the Honorable Futawa Kasahumabare
Hell user, I don't know if that was supposed to be a joke or not, but my cock is twitching now.
I don't mind regular humans if they have flashy titles, I suppose.

user...

I glad the scale of the thing managed to do it for you, user. I honestly warmed a lot more to the story after I saw how adorable Kuro is.

Attached: p5WmwVY.jpg (1920x1080, 235K)

Thats probably just a Mibu Village girl being offered as a "bride" if the wedding cave is anything to go by.

>no subtitles presumably for webm
>still has HUD
REEEEEEEE

I liked how Sekiro eased you into the supernatural stuff. You start off with immortality sure, but it feels like you're dealing with a regular world with some quirks to it like the bloodline. Then you start seeing actual fucking vengeful ghosts, centipedes taking men over, a village of transforming fish men, the divine realm and etc. It really gave me that same feeling Bloodborne did where I was slowly descending into places in the world a human was never meant to go. Except it started off much more normal instead of just throwing you straight into the middle of a supernatural apocalypse. A bit more subtle, I like that.

Attached: 1554046368437.png (717x613, 562K)

You aren't allowed to kill him until the rematch anyway

I love this pasta

This. I thought Owl wanted the miracle juice for himself and that’s why he assassinated Wolf so that he can go

>oh, oh shit, oh no, aww man sorry kid. Your Autist Ninja died trying to save you. But you know what? I’m his dad and I pretty much taught him everything he knows. And I’m sure he would like for me to protect you in his place, kid. Now lemme have some of that dragon nectar.

Which would make sense considering Kuro was very insistent on having only one person with the immortality despite the fact that he could have multiple pacts running.

>how does a shadow die twice
I love that this was literally answered lmao

Is Sekiro autistic?

Just watch the light on his sword. If it's in the middle, its thrust, if it's on the side it's sweep

He eats uncooked rice what do you think

Attached: 1554062596344.jpg (993x930, 216K)

Yes but during the sengoku period they called it being honorable

Is Genichiro’s boss fight as kino as Ludwig’s?

Gen 2 is ok but the sword saint is the best in the game, maybe one of the best from has made

Attached: DO IT.jpg (1920x1080, 338K)

O'Rin is such a cool miniboss. The buildup is great, I love the little instrument she plays. Feels very sengoku-era japanese which is something this game does so well but doesnt get enough credit for. People compare it to Nioh, which is a great game, but its also a fucking cartoon from Team Ninja. Theres a lot of games in japan but this feels authentic in a cool way. Even Ghosts of Tsushima looks westernized

>game is literally a Tenchu spinoff
>people still expect it to be soulsbourne

so is that who genichiro got his immortal blood from? the sleeping chick?

No but both Sword Saint Isshin's and Flame Isshin's fights are

Attached: 1553919868733.jpg (1920x1080, 295K)

cutie

kek

Attached: Isshin.jpg (737x673, 701K)

Genichiro is
>Rival
>Rival_naked

Rejuvenating water

What's your favorite combat art that isn't Ichimonji: Double?

Attached: 1550604342828.png (519x533, 180K)

Some of this seems mislabelled, like

> c1080 Seven Spears / 7menmusya

That's shichimen musha = shichimen warrior.

Any of the secret Ashina arts.

Attached: 1444103627972.png (492x362, 211K)

The dungeon to the temple was the point when I realized that shit was gonna get nutty. Zombies and midgets were one thing but Mt. Vagina Centipede was a whole another level.

Whirlwind slash stunlocks most everything in the game people are sleeping on it literally just spam it constantly

Heresy

>fishing villages
At least Sekiro went Innsmouth with that.

then why did he say he was following the path of tomoe?

Her fighting style you shmuck.

Miyazaki talked about it in an interview, I liked his idea of how to handle supernatural stuff
frontlinejp.net/2019/03/27/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-director-miyazaki-discusses-his-vision-and-how-it-was-conceived-part-1-2/
>How the world starts to get more “mysterious” as the story progresses is brought up too, and Miyazaki says that this is something that he likes, and that the reason he went with the Sengoku era as opposed to something like the Edo period; He feels that the Sengoku era, being the middle ages, is a time when old, mysterious things might have still remained, hiding in the corners of the world.

Thats the fighting style that uses lightning.

Except he fucked off and left for years instead.

What the actual fuck was his plan?

I'll copy paste what I said on the other thread. Anyways, High Monk:
>High Monk has a massive jump into a kick, then some smaller sword slashes into a followup kick. If you whiff the initial jump kick and cancel the combo there, you'll do a sort of roll backwards similar to the ones the Purple Ninjas use, it's pretty slow. The last kick of the combo also has a fair amount of recovery. The thing is, you can cancel the combo after the two sword slashes and have 0 recovery, you can move while the enemy is still reeling from them. And the initial jump kick should never whiff because the start has iframes and the rest has good hitboxes, so you iframe an attack and then you're in the sky and fall on the enemy, it always stuns, it's pretty free and unpunishable when you use it well. The massive posture damage against perilous sweeps is what sells it for me, but even in other combat situations it's good posture damage for basically no cost. The iframes are almost instant and you jump so high so quickly that I needed almost no practice to dodge enemies with it. It also costs no spirit emblems.
To clarify the "massive posture damage" to perilous sweeps is like 70% of a posture bar for normal enemies and still a great chunk of it against bosses. Several times better than the regular jump kick.

>there's Okami warriors in fountainhead that use sword and bow at the same time
>Genichiro uses Sword and Bow and even lightning
I'll let you figure out the rest.

>give a girl booze
>she was nice enough to accept it
>instead of using that as an opportunity strike up a conversation he just stares at her while breathing heavily till she gets uncomfortable
Naw man why would you even think that.

>dessicated corpse

Where are these bad translations coming from? Did Activision put them in the game?

Those guys are sokushinbutsu.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sokushinbutsu

>beat prologue Genichiro
>"lol eat shit I win anyway"
cheap

Attached: genichiro 1.jpg (1920x1080, 133K)

Reminder that the guy's name is supposed to be Seven-Faced Warrior, it's a description not a fucking name, Activision is just retarded.

Why do the Owl Shinobi become hostile to Sekiro? They should only be that way if you fight Owl.

nah, no doubt he is the best boss in the game but to be the best fromsoft boss you need a great and iconic theme

>supposed to be Seven-Faced Warrior
I'd really like some source on that, because one of the prayer necklaces says that there used to be seven guys, but only 2 are left though.

They should give you some bonus or just end the game right there if you beat him

You mean the guys invading the castle? They aren't his shinobi. Owl just snuck in during an invasion by the ministry.

He wanted Wolf to die so he could step in and replace him as Kuro's personal guard.
Since Wolf was saved by Kuro, Owl had to stick to his story of being dead, or else people would immediately call him out on that shit, as Kuro does the moment they see each other before the boss fight.
It's only now, what with Genny fucking up big time, and Isshin not stopping the ministry invading, does Owl see a perfect time to come in and try to seize control of Ashina for himself, and hopes to convince Wolf to side with him, using his immortality to help rule Ashina, and then Japan as a whole.

Those are Tengu shinobi, not owls.

Don't forget infinite block, infinite stamina, and infinite weapon durability.
Seriously this game is goddamn handholding contest between the NPC's, and the creators/players.
If people are bad at this game, i want to know just how bad they were in souls games.

Not seven lances, the purple toho dude in the dungeon.

I love how quickly Genichiro has gone from frustrating boss to kino sword clash to casual filter to absolute jobber.

Attached: 743C24EE-EC4D-45DD-8B8A-0B97A130DA75.jpg (564x468, 68K)

Really bummed about the Sekiro soundtrack definitely a step backwards but it does fit the aesthetic so it's hard to complain

I think you get some xp, but that's it, and it barely counts anyway since you'll likely only do this on ng+.

Honestly no reward of any kind really was a bummer. Really surprised From didn't give us anything.

it's cause sekiro is an honorable shinobi
and genichiro is a dishonorable samurai.

From >It is next asked if From Software had overseen the English translation of the game, with the interviewer stating that they had been surprised at how the boss Maboroshi O-Chou (Phantom Butterfly) had her name translated to “Lady Butterfly” in the English version. Miyazaki says that they left everything regarding the English text to Activision.

Another example of an amazing Activision translation was that the monkey gimmick boss was called "Seeing Monkey, Hearing Monkey, Speaking Monkey," in Japanese with that last comma clearly alluding to the invisible monkey just like the blank folding screen. But then Activision just translated it as "Folding Screen Monkeys."

Can I do Divine Dragon before Owl 2 and not fuck up the ending?

problem is you're always gonna beat him in NG+

Does every area in the game get ''black phantoms'' when twilight falls? Do any of them drop anything worthy?
I'm about to kill the dragon, does doing so lock me out of anything? I have acces to second Hirata memory so not that and I already got the tear from rice girl

Thats what happens when you play the game on multiple NG+ runs. I don't think I have ever lost to him after the base run.

they are limited by the culture and time period

A shinobi would know the difference between honor and victory.

yeah nothing really stuck out to me but it still got the job done pretty well. guess something like ludwigs theme would feel pretty out of place here

The Shinsengumi.

I remember people were bitching about his bow or something, which literally never gave me any trouble. just keep your guard up lmao

I really don't have one. Everything else seems kinda useless, and I don't use the monk arts because I don't want to be punching people.

>he didnt find MLGS after killing prologue Genichiro
Cant believe this shit has stayed under wraps for this long...

it's funny how i don't know who is the whiny retarded faggot you're referring to

The game is full of this stupid shit, them not knowing what's a name and what's not

>Translating the name O-Chou (not Chou) to Butterfly and also changing Phantom to Lady for no reason

>Translating the Koei-shu to Lone Shadows when there's a ton of them and it's a fucking name

>NOT translating the Seven-Faced Samurai's name, turning it into Shichimen Warrior, when he's literally a fucking undead monster with, count them, SEVEN FACES

>Plain stupid shit like Giraffe

There's an interview where Famitsu tells Miyazaki how shitty the Activision translation was and Miyazaki goes "lol i dunno haha it's funny"

who threw the shuriken anyways?
Owl?
or just one of the tengu things

KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HONOR AND VICTORY

As long as you have the second bell, yes

stop being a lying cunt

Attached: 12246622_10208253409553107_1258669039601472800_n.jpg (960x960, 224K)

kill yourself water boy

Attached: genichiro2.jpg (1920x1080, 95K)

Does it go to NG+ after divine dragon

Attached: 4553435435345.png (297x310, 128K)

No. Divine Dragon is the gimmick boss of the game.

Hes not wrong theres more steps to It than that obviously but it's a start, keep your eye out for eavesdrops between important characters that didnt appear in NG

No it goes to NG+ after Sword Saint Isshin

I think you can actually do Owl 2 after Isshin, so long as you don't interact with Kuro after the fight.
No, you can choose whether or not go to NG+ right away or keep playing. Also Divine Dragon isn't the final boss.

its not like miyazaki has any control on a translation

So what will the Sekiro equivalent of the MLGS be?

Attached: 7A1A4162-4EFA-40E3-9929-A0176247AD7A.jpg (1132x534, 97K)

The tenshu is undoubtly inspired by Kurokawa castle tenshu (of Ashina clan).
Because after Meiji many direct descendent of nobles live among peasant.
It is no good to make a reimagination games that use real clan name without asking for permission (especially those that are not very popular). It is convience for Formsoftware this way.

To be fair, unless Phantom Butterfly has some meaning I'm not privy to, "Lady Butterfly" is a cooler title. Phantom Butterfly makes me think of a Power Rangers character or a Mega Man Robot Master

How is owl ending an ending? It's clearly a bad person ending and this isn't a game for players choice in story

>google has nothing on this
>two random anons claiming MLGS is in the game

Stop lying fags

Attached: 10529664_10204464579514724_907846790_n.jpg (480x466, 25K)

Lazulite blade prosthetic

One of those Nightjar Ninja you see on the Ashina Castle rooftops. You see the ninja in question carrying Kuro over his shoulder in the cutscene.

>Walk into the Ashina Dojo
>Lone Shadow
>there's a guy with him

Attached: 1401247466620.jpg (453x459, 59K)

No, no, they are not together, they are both alone, they just happen to be in the same room.

Also

>Lion Ape translated to Guardian Ape making it seems like he was put there to guard something

>Hakaisou translated to Corrupted Monk implying supernatural corruption shit with the fountainhead waters when hakaisou were REAL SENGOKU ERA MONKS and all it means is a monk who abandoned their teachings

>Other random changes like Sakura Dragon to Divine Dragon for no reason

>Changing Ema (a real Japanese name) to Emma (a foreign name) for no reason

>Calling Ema "the gentle blade" when 柔剣 is her fighting style and not her title, and 柔 in this case is meant to be the opposite of 剛 so it's saying she's using the sword equivalent of judo

The scroll in question.

Attached: okami warriors.jpg (689x1032, 118K)

>like he was put there to guard something
he literally guards the flower
> implying supernatural corruption
something like the centipede that comes out of her head, perhaps?

>Guardian Ape making it seems like he was put there to guard something
He was guarding the flower of his dead wife. Unless they also fucked up the translation of his Memory/Remnants it's not a bad name for the ape.

Yeah he just let Activision do whatever the fuck they want and they never bothered to ask about simple as fuck shit like "is this a name or a description" so the game's whole translation is garbage

>Wolf: "Go."
>Kuro: "But what about you?"
>Wolf: "I will do what must be done."

Translated to

>Wolf: "Leave us." (no fucking servant in this era would speak to their master like this)
>Kuro: "WHO ARE YOU?" (what the actual fuck)
>Wolf: "Go do what must be done." (not just mistranslated but a nonsensical non-sequiter even IN the context of the translation)

To be fair the monk does have a giant centipede in her, so the supernatural corruption angle does work out.

Ya know, for a guy who disowned his adopted grandson for following the teachings of the lightning fucker Tomoe, Isshin sure is happy to use lightning attacks in his boss fight

I keep saying thay the English translation doesnt mean shit and kind of abomination, they dont believe me. Thanks user-kun for pointing out

Why did madame butterfly fuck shit up

He disowned him for using the waters though, didn't he?

>do people unironically get like this?
I haven't gotten physically violent with a video game since I was 10 years old so I have to imagine that it has to do with arrested mental maturity. I still get frustrated with difficult/"unfair" stuff, but it's limited to yelling "FUCK" or loudly complaining about "unfair bullshit" before I keep playing.

He left because his plan went to shit when Wolf prove to be much more harder to deal with than expected. He couldn’t just show up again after dying infront of Wolf and he couldn’t just nab the kid when Genichiro wanted him as well for the same purpose.

What was Giraffe supposed to be? Kirin?

EVERY GOD DAMN TIME

Attached: Bloodborne.png (680x680, 673K)

I really don't get all the people who have troubles with the bosses, on the average they are much easier than any souls game. The only hard fights there are are Owl 2 and Sword Saint.

He did NOTHING wrong Sekiro is a shitty son for not listening to his father

Attached: sekiro-great-shinobi-owl[1].jpg (1000x563, 76K)

He didn't disown him for using the teaching of Tomoe. He disowned him for drinking the rejuvenating waters. The lightning Tomoe is just a fighting style that uses lightning which Isshin him self probably learned.

They haven't really learned how combat works yet so they mash on R1 because that's what worked in Dark Souls, but don't realize that they keep getting hit because most enemies (except for the lowest tiers of enemies) will eventually deflect and counter-hit when you do that shit.

Shinobi don't follow rules, you dumbfuck old man

It's Jirafu, an archaic Japanese name. Like with Ema, the retards at Activision seem to have been operating on the mindset that katakana = foreign name so they "translated" it except that plenty of Japanese names in that era were written in katakana and fuck, in this very game all the snake eyes like Shirahagi have their names written in katakana too.

So what happened to depress Wolf enough that he just decided to give up and live in a well at the start of the game?

>tfw no shota

It worse they use google translate for 90% of the games

Maybe you shouldn’t stab your son in the back first.

I think it was just a parallel to Dark Souls 1's start for whatever reason.

>SA

yeah its not even like hes summoning the lightning or anything, just making use of the lightning strikes happening around him. basically doing a reversal himself

>ROBEEEEEEEEEEEEEERT

Giraffe is LITERALLY google translate tier "dur see what the machine says" level translation and in some cases google translate even does a fucking better job

Attached: fuck activision.png (1050x336, 15K)

>Make up some bullshit about "The Iron Code" of the shinobi
>Idiot son actually believes it
The absolute madman!

That's the Way of Tomoe, did you forget that Genichiro did the same or did you msis all the lightning and bad weather outside of Ashina?

Because of the way the story is presented, I think he's been in the well since the Hirate estate burning.

Yes but don't get excited for it or you'll be even more disappointed

>he's been in the well since the Hirate estate burning.
That was 3 years before the events of the game.

What did he eat?

Turns out that
>>Wolf: "Go do what must be done." (not just mistranslated but a nonsensical non-sequiter even IN the context of the translation)

Is also Google Translate tier.

There is no "you" in the source dialogue: It's a reply to Kuro asking "what about you". He's talking about himself.

But of course activision's translators couldn't even understand "what about you" and translated that to "who are you" instead which makes no fucking sense and so fucked it all up.

Attached: 無題9.png (1030x412, 21K)

I can't remember the last time something felt so good in a game.

Demon of Hatred was a lot harder.

Attached: 20190402235910_1.jpg (1920x1080, 379K)

Honestly, I find it kind of hard to believe he spent 3 years being a well hobo. Not saying you're wrong, but it seems real strange he'd just give up on Kuro like that.

And?

He's immortal. Fuck eating.

How come genichiro ends up with kiro when the hirata estate attack is organised by owl who wants kuro?

He was imprisoned there by ashina soldiers, they say as much if you eavesdrop on them. I think he had been pursuing Kuro to save him and got caught.

Contact Vaati so he makes one of those Lost in Translation videos, could give you fame and fortune, user.

Attached: maiden in black 2.jpg (600x600, 25K)

So is the mask useless? I hear attack power just scales up enemies.

Attached: 4kings help.jpg (549x333, 54K)

What exactly is your question? Are you confused about the difference between Sekiro and Owl's motives?

pastebin.com/BRmS3Zsp

If it wasn't clear that the game was
>oh hey let's Cthulhu things up again

The filename for the mist noble is "Innsmouth".

The well is a dungeon. So he was likely put there, they comment that you aren't chained up. As for why depressed, his memory is gone to allow for the fact he may know it was owl who did it.

>From's first major flop
If only that were the case, user.

Verdict Day was an improvement, but still paled in comparison to previous games.

Also Another Century's Episode: R, which was trash compared to 1-3. Even the PSP version is better.

Attached: Armored_Core_V_cover.png (289x345, 196K)

Because Owl had to fuck off after faking his death. Kinda hard to get away with faking your death if you just pop up again the next day.

>Vaati makes
He literally just read out a load of stuff from some guy's blog, got a load of stuff wrong even though he was just reading from someone's blog, and then his retard fans attacked the guy until he deleted everything.

dont you fight Gen 2 under a roof tho

Yeah but what I'm saying it's just a symptom of the using Way of Tomoe.

seems just to be something to dump your skill points into once you get all the trees

As far as i could tell owl is not working with genichiro. Plus hirata is part of ashina so im sure they wouldn't use random bandits to steal kuro. However after the owl and butterfly assault kuro is kept by genichiro.

Eh, Nobunaga is dead by this point in the timeline. It'd be Tokugawa instead.

Would literally murder everyone with ease.

Is Vaati the nigger of From games?

Yea, but no one cares about Tokugawa. Nobunaga is the big dick nigger all the Nips love to jerk off to. For some reason.

more like GAYichiro

gayest guy on earth

gay # ichi

Attached: japanese is not canon.png (613x182, 17K)

Tomoe DLC when?

Attached: japanese is not canon 2.png (925x498, 54K)

That is just dumb Activision damage control.

Tokugawa and Toyotomi picked up where Oda Nobunaga left off. Those 3 are literally the most important people of Japan.

> Merely wants to use the power of the Dragon's Blood to return his grandfather to his prime
But that's wrong, he only did that as a last ditch resort after failing to kill Sekiro
> His fears and paranoia are more than justified as Ashina gets invaded TWICE during the game.
Lmao also wrong, it's just one invasion happening throughout a single day. Did you even play the game?
> Asks Kuro politely for the power, keeps him safe in his own bedroom
Did you forget the part where he fucking kidnaps him?

I know the history. I'm saying Nobunaga is the one who gets all the dick sucking.

Parrying Strikes - Exorcism is the patricians choice

Attached: IN AWE.jpg (615x886, 78K)

He trained him wrong.
As a joke.

..... I died. Had him basically done no problem when he produced some whirling move i had never seen in any fight and it insta-killed me.

Thanks so much for this, the ‘Who are you’ shit had me coming up with all sorts of dumb headcanon like that Wolf as a shinobi had never been allowed to meet Kuro in person up to that point and was always just supposed to protect him from the shadows, good to know it was just an abysmal translation

I think he means the hirata estate attack but it's stated those are bandits as opposed to the government.

This. You can usually bring it out post hit for extra posture damage on all bosses. Only down side is L1+R1 being a little unreliable.

>bandits
Its a fake memory. The real one has shit ton of ministry lurking about.

when did you realize high monk is the best combat art

Attached: isshin ng+.webm (1152x648, 2.96M)

Demon of hatred was a fair amount easier. Still hard but isshin took me a literal day to beat.

It's not hard to understand unless you're a dumb fuck. The Wolf is taught that the priority of who he listens to is his father and than his master. Kuro wants to be saved and thus the wolf kills whoever he needs to in order to achieve that. Kuro wants to end the dragon's heritage and thus the wolf kills whoever he needs to in order to achieve it.

The wolf is a shell of a human being who only finds purpose in being ordered to do things by other people. It is only through the events of the game that he slowly changes. He begins to believe in Kuro's cause rather than just trying to accomplish it because he was told to. Which is why he breaks the iron code. There is no point where he is killing people for no reason.

Genichiro is in the wrong. He's a desperate man trying to restore the thing that brought him happiness and gave him everything he ever had, a debt he feels he can never repay. Even Ishiin knows that the Ashina are over and has no desire for them to continue and prosper. He was a war-monger who loved nothing more than to fight, he never cared to rule.

Attached: 1548229400412.jpg (425x340, 14K)

>bitchier than the "god" who used the ringed knights, gave them no recognition, put a seal of fire on them and cause the undead curse to give super aids to reality itself because he was afraid of humans and the dark
Pondering Skeleton.jpg

Really? I know in the first one you have the power ranger on the pagoda, i assumed that was showing the interior ministry had been spying on ashina for a while.

What do they callb"The ministry" in Japanese?
I figure out that this could be abysmal translation too

>dumb frogposter is smart
Color me surprised

When does this dialogue occur?

>What do they callb"The ministry" in Japanese?
神の選ばれた人々

I don't know why but I found Isshin to be a lot easier than I was expecting, he kicked my ass quite a bit but I struggled with several bosses in the game more, maybe I was just really down with the mechanics by then. I think Hatred was harder because his fight went against the core mechanics of the game more.

The interior ministry just means the government.

Miyazaki said in an old interview that sekiro’s seki- meaning one side of a pair- also refers to him and kuro, because they’re both lonely orphans

Miyazaki said in this interview That wolf cares for kuro because they only have each other

>and wants to avoid creating a power hungry demon out of him
This is a great point that's pretty underappreciated because Demon of Rage was a thing, and Sculptor didn't even really give a fuck at that point, apparently.

Sekiro has the worst translations. Characters actually say different things in Japanese to the subtitles at times.
You can pick these errors up easy just by having watched enough weeb shit.

I posted about it earlier in this thread. It actually has iframes, it's insane. Feels satisfying as hell too and costs no emblems.

Yeah, isshin forced me to actually learn the game mechanics. I was a L1 spammer but in the isshin fight you really have to manage your posture and can't have any down time when yours is down as he takes so little health damage. Wrecked me so much it just want enjoyable at all.

Demon wasn't easy definitely but suited my playstyle more. I didn't know you could deflect his stomps though so no idea how I made it.

Found it
frontlinejp.net/2018/06/14/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-interview-with-director-miyazaki-part-2-2/

Seems like they changed a lot, kuro was a prince, genichiro killed wolf and the sculptor revived him, etc

>Seems like they changed a lot
>"whom Miyazaki says is a type of character he has not written before."
So Miyazaki was originally writing for the game? Further interviews made it pretty clear that the game's writing was being handled by someone else while Miyazaki just supervised.

I fought more aggressively against demon than probably any boss in the game, and never locked on. My whole strat was basically sprint at him every second possible and get behind his ass, not locking on makes it a lot harder for him to hit you. Also used the fire umbrella against his second and third phases any time he did a ranged attack. Also every time he backs away if you sprint straight at him you'll be able to run under his fireballs in the first phase.

From always chop up and stitch a story together then fans somehow make good lore from it despite it truthfully not being there.

I love bloodborne but all the great background and story is really levels of fan headcanon.