There are people that actually think Pokemon games should look like this

>there are people that actually think Pokemon games should look like this

Attached: 1552073865735.png (960x747, 731K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CV_2u6EDx6c
youtube.com/watch?v=E_ucKyX6hu0
youtube.com/watch?v=Gju6j3f2xTc
youtube.com/watch?v=_9X6uXyylJE
youtu.be/vccoe-T1-JA
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Scyther_(Pokémon)/Generation_III_learnset#By_leveling_up
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Scyther_(Pokémon)/Generation_IV_learnset#By_leveling_up
youtube.com/watch?v=2XjouKSkSeM
youtube.com/watch?v=S1-VyHIx_SY
youtube.com/watch?v=CV_2u6EDx6c&t=733s
capx.fandom.com/wiki/Demo
soundcloud.com/dewdneym/pokemon-sage-simon-sofia-1
soundcloud.com/frostfuzz/title-theme-update-1
soundcloud.com/dewdneym/doucherado-black-and-white-2-1\
soundcloud.com/frostfuzz/dive-theme
soundcloud.com/frostfuzz/pkeronze-1
soundcloud.com/frostfuzz/pksteelgymbw-1
soundcloud.com/dewdneymii/battle-vs-team-aurum-grunt
soundcloud.com/paul-aupetitgendre/forest-update
soundcloud.com/dewdneymii/pokemon-sage-tropical-area
soundcloud.com/dewdneymii/spotted-theme-of-pokemon
soundcloud.com/chardinal76/glittering-cave-v2-gen-vp
youtube.com/watch?v=Z6izE6IgflA
youtube.com/watch?v=YOrxqdHmSLA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A little too busy but overall, yes, this is exactly what Pokemon games should look like

And what exactly should Pokemon look like mister metacontrarian gamefreak defender?

Its fucking better than what it actually looks like these days at least

>>/pol/

yes they should

Attached: c4a3419fb2868a06f8eb01d33632a1ae.gif (600x670, 1.65M)

you really think this looks any better?

Attached: 22.png (256x192, 25K)

A throwback game that looked like that would be fantastic.
Having said that, there's no way I'm getting in another argument about pixel art with you spastics because every retard on here thinks they're an expert in something they know literally nothing about.

Pixel art >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3d models

Attached: 1548495613012.jpg (1024x649, 406K)

retarded pixelfaggots

>Pokemon will never look like this

Attached: 1554217747876.png (1920x1080, 1.52M)

Pokemon has always had shitty art. You were only a kid when you played so you barely noticed.
>tfw a company shits out these games which are super popular because of the creature designs and "collect em all" gimmick
>tfw people will continue to pay for the lack of creativity they keep shitting out every couple years
Sucks, guys because it could be way better than it is. Instead its mediocre

Yes? It looks great. I can actually see what the hell is being portrayed.

>PS1 vs GBA
nice comparison retard

That looks really cool. Damn

Game Freak is one of the worst companies around, but they got fucking lucky by striking gold

Attached: 1551352782668.jpg (2048x620, 750K)

And then 3ds which is still lazy as fuck for "muh nostalgia"
Sorry you like shitty designs user. It's okay to have shit taste, just admit it m.

>tfw it actually wont

Attached: 1549679302772.jpg (728x632, 55K)

Yeah they're fucking garbage but everyone will continue buying the games because the aspect of collecting and raising the creatures is so appealing. Sucks honestly. Also
>that image
Makes me sad and makes me laugh my ass off everytime

That's the only way these retards can make comparisons.

Yes

>unironically being a GameFreak shill
fuck...I hope the pay is at least good user

I hope you're not implying that town looks good in ruby and sapphire or the respective remakes because its lazy and uninspired as fuck.

Gamefreak will forever print money and Yea Forums will forever SEETHE

Attached: 1414033305016.gif (320x240, 963K)

muh GBA excuse

Attached: 1548498571829.png (605x320, 193K)

I can't even deny this

Attached: 0a669cd9e36b8c28a71f42d5010dd3d7.jpg (606x681, 283K)

This. Gamefreak sucks my fucking ass.

That looks pretty good.

I've come to believe that Nintendo fans always like to shit on fan projects because they know that Nintendo can't make games that actually look good. You're all just bitter and embarrassed that people at home can make fan projects that look more interesting than anything they actually produce in their professional studios.

this looks comfy

These colors on something more like OP's image would be great.
A very modern and highly-detailed pixel style.

Pokemon is literally one of the best ideas ever.
But our only hope for good games is Nintendo letting some Indies do something.

>Red Gyarados
>Red (the Trainer)
>Not Gold (the Trainer)
It's shit.

That game came out after the near launch title Gen 3. Off yourself autist.

This is seriously the greatest looking Pokemon romhack/fangame I've seen. I'm assuming its going to play just like the main games right?

Looks bland and empty

SOUL

Nintendo has sub-par work but the average fanworks all blend in together with the exact same Unreal Engine-type stuff

Is it even a game? I thought it was just some guy making purty pictures.

It's probably just art but I'm not sure.

this has a good sense of scale. BotW would have like 5 visible towers in the background

>the only problem was the 3D models
>they just need to copy HeartGold
Simple fix really

HeartGold also looked like ass. The entire DS era of Pokemon is nauseating. I can't stand the blurry 2.5D puke. Go back to sprites.

Looks comfy tbqh

youtube.com/watch?v=CV_2u6EDx6c

Attached: what pokemon should look like.webm (320x240, 2.48M)

They are sprites?

>t.

Attached: 1547839761209.jpg (1186x860, 62K)

There is a webm also.

it looks a trillion times better than the indie pixelshit in the op.

That but don'e with 3d models because we're in 2019 not 1999.

Low effort 2d looks better than low effort 3d. If pokemon made the world look vast or interesting nobody would argue that the series should've stayed 2d.

Spritefags need to stop bashing 2.5fags and lowpolyfags, its a crab bucket

>switch is completely capable of something like this
>instead we get upscaled 3ds games for another 3 gens

God damn, that looks fucking kino. Who is the artist?

Attached: 1548717398775.gif (500x324, 2.49M)

This is actually terrifying

2.5fags need to stop insisting their games look like anything other than trash. People ITT actually think Black/White looked good when they are the ugliest Pokemon games of all.

>Red Gyarados
>Ocean
>Red instead of Gold
You people are stupid. Don't fix what isn't broken.
>DUDE WHAT IF POKEMON WAS OPEN WORLD LMAO

Attached: 1454828528788.png (218x429, 107K)

just because it's slightly better than game freak's upscaled 3ds games doesn't mean it doesn't still look awful. that clipart ui is especially terrible.

>>Ocean

Just a big lake

its actually TOO MUCH SOUL

Attached: 1553953529707.webm (640x456, 2.96M)

youtube.com/watch?v=E_ucKyX6hu0
youtube.com/watch?v=Gju6j3f2xTc
youtube.com/watch?v=_9X6uXyylJE

Attached: 1553446976009.png (1088x691, 772K)

good. Pokemon needs more thrills. Certain pokemon should make you shit your pants when you encounter them

Attached: 1537646369336.png (420x280, 118K)

I still prefer the pixels than 3D for pokemon because they can atleast make appealing pixel art but the 3D stuff is really lazy looking. Wish they'd just go all in with the pixel art and make it HQ like Metal Slug

gen 5 looked kino, you just have awful taste.

Attached: marinetube.gif (500x300, 953K)

that would be so good god fucking damn it

Is this actually a well disguised aesthetics thread pretending to be a troll thread?

Was going 3D a mistake
I really miss the B/W2 aesthetics

DUUUUUDE LITERALLY NOTHING BUT WATER FOR MILES
GOD I LOVE OPEN WORLD GAMES PLS MAKE EVERYTHING OPENWORLD MMMM I LOVE EMPTY SPACE MMMM I LOVE TAKING THREE HOURS TO GET SOMEWHERE

redpill me on this

what's wrong with it?

honestly beats the garbage low poly shit they're doing now

>tfw Game Freak is completely capable of making an outstanding pokemon game, but they're too pushed back by the massive monopoly they've made to sit their asses back to work on a game for more than a year

Attached: 1552848371331.png (1540x1252, 205K)

samefag

Just play pixelmon, bro :^)

Attached: 2018-06-09_02.41.48.png (1920x1028, 1.43M)

go to /rheg/ on /vp/

>Game Freak is completely capable

Attached: 14bd35ffd5d6cdfdf5fbcd971311d807.jpg (1440x939, 148K)

>it makes money so it's good and you are being ridiculous to expect better
Jesus christ you must own like 5 iphones since you love getting assfucked by corporations

thanks

Too many purposeless buildings

they own the highest grossing franchise in history, of fucking course they can work on fixing their games

anyone who actually likes video games should seethe at that. their laziness doesn't deserve the success.

SOUL...OVERLOAD...

>When Gamefreak peaked during second gen and have never done anything that good since

Attached: 4E11BBF0-4305-4A55-9D02-CAFE0DF0607A.jpg (750x883, 366K)

I don't know how anyone could defend gamefreak at this point. They no longer make mainline games on handhelds but still produce minimal effort handheld tier games.

Gen 3 was literally the most crucial gen as far as defining future gameplay post gen1

I'd be 100% ok with pokemon going back to well done pixels with interesting characters and enviroments, I think it lends itself to the franchise better than 3D for the sake of being modern.

>>it makes money so it's good and you are being ridiculous to expect better
Didn't say that though
All I said is that you will seethe forever like you're doing now. Though you all seem to take pride in the fact that you let Gamefreak give you ulcers while they make billions.

GBA/DS era was the peak.

Attached: 178961b7aeb14007f95c1ef2f9a6e5e4.gif (500x283, 194K)

>breath of the poky

Even up the the current Gen, there are good things, but Gamefreak's laziness has shown pretty heavily, getting worse and worse since probably Gen III.
Gens III and IV are still the best overall, though.

>Every town should be a gym, pokemon center, and market

I mean, I do now.

Gen 2 added breeding
Gen 4 added physical/special split

Gen 3 added natures? Help me out here I'm not trying to argue

I really like the idea of OP's image, in that it's a more fleshed out version of gen 2 aeshetics, but it's also a lot more visually busy and vlisually detailed then it needs to be even with that in mind, and the player character stands out too muich from everything else in the overworld.

I'm personally a big fan of Pokemon Sage (/vp/'s serious fangame, as opposed to Clover being the ebin meme one)'s visual design. It's a bit more detailed then Gen 4, while using gen 4 as a base, but also entirely 2d with none of the fake 3d stuff, pic related

there's a few webms of it, yeah

Nah, Gen 4 is, special/physical split is probably the single biggest mechanical change the series has ever had

Attached: vivace final.png (1007x880, 270K)

Pokemon will only improve once Nintendo obtains full control.

Until then GF will keep doing stupid shit like this since their programmers are the same retards they have had since the 90s.

GBA for emulation and ROMhacks
DS for BW2 and HG/SS(and the hacks of these were quite good)
everything else in modern pokemon can fuck off. X/Y was ok but everything else has been garbage.

It looks decent when he leaves the town
but damn that's a fuck ton of clutter

I dont know the game on the left but dragonball advanced adventure and minish cap are both much smaller than gen 3
And dragonball is a 2d sidescroller who also uses tiles and is 2 hours long

It's fucking sad that people are so terrified that gamefreak will fuck up any kind of innovation that they'd rather just keep getting lazy, mediocre garbage

Attached: 1552363822863.gif (320x240, 1.48M)

NOOOOOO IT DOESN'T AAAAAA
FUCKING REDDIT WILL EAT ANYTHING UP
ITS UGLY
ITS CRAMPED
ITS ONIONS

>Pokemon will never look like this

Attached: pokemon_switch.png (1600x900, 1.88M)

hasn't sage come to a grinding halt in terms of completion?

Attached: ade2YMI (1).png (1504x1056, 202K)

God baka this looks great.
In another universe maybe we got something like this.

I really do wonder what goes through their minds
Gen 3 added abilities

Attached: 1547272681236.jpg (2048x349, 447K)

Abilities dude. And made based steel, and finally diversified the dragons

nah, it's past the 5th gym now in terms of dev-work, it's just no more public demos are being done past the 3 gym demo that's already out

Attached: adante gym walkthrough small.webm (512x384, 2.06M)

Are you talking about the core formula or general game polish? Because you're not supposed to mess with the core formula for the main games, it's why many people disliked Let's Go despite its shitty looks.

>Pokemon will only improve once Nintendo obtains full control.
as awful as game freak is, that is FAR from a sure bet. look no further than how miyamoto meddled with paper mario and ruined it.
the only way we'll be guaranteed to ever get good pokemon games again is if they're outsourced to a studio like atlus or falcom that specializes in making great jrpgs.

>crack sip
We should have Gen 2 graphics with higher pixel density and TRUMPETS for soundtrack. NOW thats what I'd call SOUL.

Attached: boomer cat.jpg (465x543, 69K)

Nintendo will never buy the whole thing, though. It's too fucking expensive.

Pokemon should be 2d. The 3d games showed how shitty and tiny the world looks.
SS/HG&BW had the right idea of how a pokemon game should look

Abilities, natures and reworked the IV and EV system to what it is today. I still think Gen 4 did the biggest change with the physplit.

>based steel
Gen 2, alongside Dark-types
Skarmory is gen 2

>19

Attached: 8113e74811ce7515e76a217dc01ecc1fa34c1d988edcc8b3422be5c728d23779.png (1136x848, 122K)

>gen 2
genders, held items, breeding, friendship
>gen 3
Natures, abilities, natural learnsets that didnt suck complete ass, IV rehaul, rematch system

That looks semi-decent given the limitations, but I'd try to put the Pokemon in more bright/vivid tones, and leave the more subdued or darker tones for the environment.
that way you could more easily tell sprites apart from the background.

If I had to guess. They have seniors on the team, who have not adapted or advanced in their craft very much. And they don't want to fire the old staff out of respect.

I remember mentioning ages ago how they should have a gym be maze-like with elevators and most people told me to fuck off, I'm happy to see they implemented something like it in the end!

What the fuck
Cant believe this shit's been like 20 years ago now.

?

Indie game dev team on /vp/ is doing a Gold and Silver remake but are keeping it under wraps so Gamefreak wont sue them and shut down the game.

Even a big lake has a horizon where you can see land. Don't defend that lazier mock-up.

Attached: lol.png (1366x618, 116K)

It looks a lot less crowded, so yes, this is automatically better.

What the

Attached: 72763397_p0.png (1080x1920, 1.7M)

shit i'd settle for it looking like this

Attached: 098.png (645x575, 39K)

Gen 3 also had double battles and non cancer storage system

>disliked
>despite its shitty
Do you understand English?

How is that Johto?

Huh?

Sorry, I forgot to type words. "[...] Let's Go and would've liked it despite [...]".

fuck off

The like the concept. Without nitpicking the washed out BOTW look. How would gameplay work in a game like this? Trainer giving commands? Controlling the Pokemon itself in free range real time battle? Would you be forced to battle with a surfing or flying Pokemon?

>Gamefreak peaked during second gen
They peaked during Gen 5, 2 was worse off because they added Kanto instead of focusing on Johto.

He's right. No town in Johto is shaped like that.
Are you sure it isn't an OC region?

>natural learnsets
They still sucked ass until Gen 4.

the core formula needs modernizing and more polish. Take the encounter system for example. Random encounters are shit and every other jrpg knows this and adapted. Let's go was a step in the right direction on that front even if it wasn't perfect (the actual classic catching method is fine and didn't need to be changed). Instead of fixing it and the world around it, gamefreak is just running back to the same old outdated shit

Attached: 1530320064099.webm (872x490, 806K)

This is honestly beautiful and makes me feel comfy.

Gen 2 has great aesthetics but saying it was the peak is pure contrarianism, especially when there was a remake with objectively superior gameplay.

Hopefully not with that low-effort UI.

are you blind? you can see land in the back
also tell that to the great lakes and lake victoria

Attached: lake-superior-horizon.jpg (1000x667, 217K)

looks great, the ui sucks though

Nah, gen 4 actually made them significantly worse with the phys/spec split. As with all things gen 4 was garbage and gen 5 had to work hard to make the franchise playable again.

that is so jarring still, most games nowadays don't do that anymore

youtu.be/vccoe-T1-JA

>Let's go was a step in the right direction on that front even if it wasn't perfect (the actual classic catching method is fine and didn't need to be changed).
also, they really needed to redesign kanto and get it up to modern standards for the visible encounters to work. but we all know they're afraid to change so much as a single pixel of kanto out of fear of genwunners' reaction to it.

>Nah, gen 4 actually made them significantly worse with the phys/spec split.
Bullshit, it gave many of them good learnsets. Compare Sycther's Gen 3 learnset with 4 and you see he got better. The split was one of the best things to happen to the series.
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Scyther_(Pokémon)/Generation_III_learnset#By_leveling_up
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Scyther_(Pokémon)/Generation_IV_learnset#By_leveling_up

Good. I nearly puked.

This post can be split into 3 parts and each one is bait
Imagine think the phys/spec split is bad when before it pokemon like Feraligatr suffered badly and Hitmonchan be completely inferior to Hitmonlee because the punches were special
Imagine calling gen 4 unplayable while praising gen 5 for making it playable again. How? I like Unova very much but I think the term unovabortion applies here.

Attached: 1507133293355.png (600x601, 84K)

This image is very poorly edited and I really hope you weren't the one to do it.

how is it that digimon games for the vita, with the budget of 50 cents and a few rubber bands, still manage to look better than swishy swoosh?

Attached: DigimonWorldNewOrder-9.jpg (1280x720, 121K)

No shit? It's the sea

Sinnoh and Unovabros are united against the lesser gens that make up the rest of the series.

the dex; designs are final, though a lot don't have the super fancy artwork that the first few lines have yet, they'l get it eventuially

Attached: sage dex.jpg (2110x4400, 3.29M)

No, I think Pokémon games should look like this.

Attached: HUGE.webm (640x360, 2.86M)

now THIS

THIS is soul...

Anyone who doesn't agree the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games should go back to sprites is a faggot

Thank god.

user why you gotta do me like this

If it was actually the trainer giving commends, that would be great. Different Pokemon will have different levels of intelligence, and you actually need to train them. You teach them not moves with actual names, but simply the raw action and to apply magic to it. Like just teaching a punching move by teaching to punch when you say a term, and it could be anything, like "Strategy 23!" and then they'll punch with fire on their fist. You could also teach them to attack, say, the neck of the opponent and smart Pokemon will be able to locate the neck, while dumb ones will have trouble. And Pokemon like Gyrafarig will gives lots of trouble, with its decoy head. And smarter Pokemon will both be harder to train, as well as capable of holding more vaguely-named moves.

Not as much under wraps as it should be by the looks of it.

not bad actually

I think pokemon games should look like this.

Attached: 1511353369662.jpg (1920x1080, 542K)

that's all well and good, but then it would look like this on actual hardware.

Attached: 1512448762005.jpg (1920x1080, 395K)

>The split was one of the best things to happen to the series.
I will never understand how soneone could undermine that shit.
>absol is a dark type with a high attack stat and shit sp.a.
>could never use stab moves including bite which is a non-physical moves due to physical/special being tied to types instead of the moves itself.
>all those dual type mons that had a physical and special type and could either never use one of it's stab moves, because either it's Sp.A or Atk was to shit to use one of it's stabs
>those mons who were just shit in general, because their stats spread tried to be good at both Sp.A and Phys.Atk to accomodate both it's special typing and physical typing making it shit at both.
The phys/spec was blessing.
Hell alakazam was a better puncher than hitmonchan due to ice/fire/thunder punch being special.

literally just play pixelmon

Attached: pink.png (320x288, 10K)

Still an improvement over GameFreak's work.

Attached: same console.jpg (2500x1054, 1.11M)

That looks like hot garbage.

What the fuck are you talking about autist?

>overwatch map
I chuckled.

id play any game that consistently looked like that

There are legitimate reasons to do that.

The PSP one was even better looking art direction wise

nah, as bad as game freak's shit is, monolith's games aren't much better when they end up looking like a psp game being streamed over google stadia.

Attached: 1554154433340.png (1200x675, 1.65M)

digimon world

Holy shit we broke the trannies so hard all they can do is mindlessly lash out at everything.

>there was a time when Bite and Crunch were Sp. Atk and Ghost types were physical type moves
What an awful time.

>the actual classic catching method is fine and didn't need to be changed

I agree with the spirit of your post, but I don't think the catching method is fine. That shit was outdated by the time Gold and Silver came around, that's why they introduced gimmicks like the special ball types to make it a little more interesting. I guess that was fine for a stop gap, but even little kid me was wondering why the system was the same in Ruby/Sapphire.

Pokemon could have a whole lot of more unique mechanics if it pared down the number of Pokemon. For example, imagine if they added special capturing conditions for all Pokemon. This would feasible with ~200 creatures, but not ~1,000. They could add special move/creature interactions, or cross-creature interactions if they had few mons, but not with the current amount. So instead, they throw their hands up and say fuck it.

Reboot the motherfucker. Eventually, one new generation of 8-12 year olds will have enough of the same shit and the sales will slow.

I fucking wish.

this looks good.
is this bait? cuz it worked

rent free lmao

Just having similar Pokemon react similarly would be fine.

Nah, Monolith's brilliant world design manage to take their game far and above GameFreak's copy-pasted tiles, regardless of handheld mode performances. Also worth nothing that GF can't even keep a stable framerate in a turn-based battle if there's more than two Pokémon on screen.

Attached: 1538165378146.jpg (2132x1200, 1.28M)

>less crowded = automatically better
Weird system you got there, but consider this; It's crowded because it's a still image and not an actual game meant to be played you dipshit

even the 3ds version managed to have normally-proportioned human characters, following mons, and actually interesting environments - unlike game freak's $90 billion franchise on the same system.

Attached: digimon_world_redigitize_image_XRBQi.jpg (400x240, 25K)

We need games like BW1 and Gen 3 that only hsve 200+ new Pokemon until post game.

Interesting characters and environments and 3d models aren't mutually exclusive. They just need to do 3d right.

Looks the same FAGGOT

Wait is that from Sun/Moon? How is that a switch game?

Oh google, that is not the image I am looking for.

Attached: Screenshot_20190402-214150.png (1080x1920, 919K)

The 3DS was the PSP one with tons of new stuff but yeah. Game Freak are hacks.

Like what?

Pokemon is one of the blandest, most inoffensive media franchises in the world. They found what works and they've stuck with it ever since. Why bother trying to innovate when your game is going to sell gangbusters as long as Pikachu and Charizard are in advertisements?

I would play the hell out of this game

I prefer 2D but I don't think the 3D games should have been as bad as they've been. It's just that with the tech we have now, there's no excuse why pokemon should have that soulless miniature doll look with unimpressive pokemon models and animations. With 3D you kinda have to go big or go home if you're gonna do a mainline pokemon correctly. Fanboys will eat anything GF puts out so there's no point in trying on their end.

>Gengar the OG ghostmon could not use Ghost type moves.
Sad times indeed.

Attached: d96.png (748x639, 206K)

I can hear the music from this image

t.zoomer

yes, obviously, but the 3ds version is a fairer comparison because it's on the same system as xy, oras, sm and usum, doing all the things people claimed game freak couldn't do, with a far smaller budget.
i also always point to yo-kai watch as another example of how pitiful game freak is. compare pic related to lumiose city or hau'oli city. it's honestly embarrassing for gaming that pokemon is the highest-grossing franchise in media.

Attached: yo-kai-watch-3-pic-2_02BC01A400913884.jpg (700x420, 63K)

Game Freak's stuck on the "Pokemon is meant for handheld" idea. They consider it to be a core part of the franchise's identity. That means that any Pokemon game made for the Switch will be developed explicitly with the portable mode in mind.

I've been looking for this for AGES now. I hope you get your dick sucked soon user.

Gen IV improved things further, but really, just look at a pokemon's Gen II level up moves and their Gen III. It's night and day.

Can we just get a pokemon game where we control our pokemon instead of the turn based battles

I'm 29, I just took off the nostalgia goggles for 5 minutes.

>pre-rendered background vs 3D models

Attached: bait not right.png (428x378, 5K)

is that Chrono Cross

GSC was so fucking comfy at night. The contrast between sprites and the dark sky were just beautiful.

Aesthetics.

>implying you can't encounter shiny gyarados in the wild

Its a static camera anyways

This is peak Pokekino

Attached: 1553894347749.png (820x1184, 63K)

ORAS doesn't have an entirely static camera, it moves around depending on where you are. You just can't control it.

>m-muh nostalgia goggles strawman/boogieman
what if I told you not everything new is good? We're at the point where everytime someone points out where something older did better, someone pulls out the nostalgia boogieman argument.

Gen 4 online was pure kino. Outside of Skarm/bliss/cress abuse, it was fucking amazing. The meta now is just too fucking saturated with too much shit that just isn't fun to play or play against.

BotW just has this really small feeling I don’t like. The world is too open and doesn’t have enough thick forests or dense borders to have more intimate locations. It’s weirs being able to see so much, so far away, all the time

>Gen 2
>that level curve
>that awful distribution
>the original KANTOOOOOO
Nah, Sinnoh and Unova has me covered in the Kino Department.

RPGmaker is so pure shit. Constant hitching and screen tearing

youtube.com/watch?v=2XjouKSkSeM
warning: SOUL inbound on your current location

What's the third pic on the top row?

that's all well and good, but it's still no excuse for why pokemon looks like shit. there were plenty of 3ds games that looked better than pokemon's 3ds games. whether or not a game is meant to be "handheld-style" has no bearing on how it looks.

Gen 2 added much more than that

It has nothing to do with old and new. 8 bit chibishit sprites are strictly worse than 3d models.

youtube.com/watch?v=S1-VyHIx_SY
GODAMN

Attached: 1516073772911.gif (380x298, 338K)

>Holy shit we broke the trannies so hard all they can do is mindlessly lash out at everything.
More like it's a mindless shitpost but lonely faggots like you obsess over easy-target far-left.

I need Hyekuza on my team so bad

Nah, that's from SwSh

Gen 1 most aesthetic

Attached: FCF07999-5F6C-477F-B2CC-BF31B8C2E1BF.png (588x529, 84K)

Unova killed the Johto Soul Cartel.
youtube.com/watch?v=CV_2u6EDx6c&t=733s

Hey come on now, it could use all two of the Ghost moves in the game, Lick and Night Shade!

Fujoshits love pokemon and will never stop buying them no matter how shit and samey the games are. I know because my wife is one.

Gen 1 is the only gen that has objectivley aged like pure fucking shit. Its horrible. The remakes unironically have more soul and 60fps

what if i told you that lower graphical fidelity is not always better? i can't believe anyone seriously thinks gsc looks better than hgss.

Attached: HeartGoldSoulSilver_New_Bark_Town_2.png (511x192, 17K)

Seethis is a TRUE open world game concept, the closest thing to it to this day is Shadow of the Colossus, we'll never get a game that is lifelike. They're always overcrowded with random shit. I un-ironically want a game where it takes me 30 minutes to traverse the desert, maybe have a small outpost in the middle. Maybe unlock a vehicle to traverse faster, but no game has done this.

Real-sized Pokemon would be the shit. Imagine confronting a wailord or any massive sized legendary. I love how eerie this pic is. Gives me sotc feelings.

It's the house in the Dragon cave where you have to talk to the master before you can get your blackthorn badge iirc.

they haven't done it because it's fucking tedious. the actual open worlds we get in gaming today are bad enough with how empty and devoid of content they are.

>Imagine confronting a wailord or any massive sized legendary
>not wanting that

Attached: 1549765770106.jpg (607x608, 36K)

Too much work for Gamefreak, it would require them to put in actual effort.

The only problem with Unova was the shape of the region. Everything else was top tier.

>Aesthetics

This was the peak. They look perfect. The perfect blend of 2d and 3d. The only thing it could improve on is having BW2 battles

Fixed camera angle. Literally any videogame pre3D

Oh yeah, you can get Extremespeed Dratini there.

Post more webms of this.

he said it'd be the shit, not shit. he does want it

>implying the remakes haven't actively improved on every aspect of the original

Check my 5.

Attached: checkmy5.png (500x500, 75K)

>i can't believe anyone seriously thinks gsc looks better than hgss
when did I say that, user? could you point it out? I recall calling you a zoomer for hating on the GBC graphics but that's it. If you can point out where I said either is better than the other, I'd gladly recall my statements.

Attached: pepe_newspaper_concerned.png (483x470, 184K)

As an analyst who spends his days writing garbage spaghetti code, this warms the cackles of my heart.

Make ONE SINGLE major change to pokemon.
I'll start.

Instead of your first slot pokemon automatically getting sent out, you begin the battle by choosing which of your 6 pokemon your send into battle. When it's you vs. a trainer, both of you choose at the same time.

Attached: ill use my fleshlight as a flashlight.png (1066x765, 957K)

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (I guess?)
PokePark series on Wii

You. I like you. Honestly the only change from any of the remakes so far I didn't like was in OR/AS where it prevented you from going far enough in granite cave to catch an Aron. Aron is one of my favourite pokemon so I was pretty pissed about this.

fire game freak and hire atlus.

Attached: d7a.gif (300x223, 550K)

>Pokepark 3 NEVER EVER
I was fucking floored when I did my first battle in Pokepark. Shit was incredibly hype

>Pokemon can now ambush you and one shot all 6 of your pokemon with one hit KO's.
Nah sounds like shit.

You can date trainers and travel with them and you can date gym leaders and you can marry trainers you date and battling and i guess you need to pokemon affect it somehow in some way or something, maybe you can also date pokemon i dunno i

Pokemon can now know up to 8 moves at once. PP is replaced with something more akin to mana (the point that it's a pooled resource)

you really don't wanna spend those two seconds in the menu

>Don't fix what isn't broken
Pokemon is broken. The games have been getting progressively shittier.

You can choose to do single battles or double battles at will

Attached: 1552334401086.jpg (640x637, 31K)

Nah I just hate switching out my party all the time to try and keep them all levelled the same. It fucks with my OCD.

Attached: 1383639886313.png (200x200, 24K)

Replace Pokémon Amie with Monster Mind.

that's cozy as heck. emerald was great

Come on, user. Don't out yourself as a phoneposter like that.

They can one shot all six of your pokemon with a single one hit KO but it did it to the first pokemon in your party who is considered the party leader, so game fucking over man.

absolutely based

Holy shit, a fanmade image that actually looks nice and respects the artstyle!

git gud.

>Having a comfy swim with your Lapras
>Gyarados murders your sorry ass out of nowhere
No fucking thanks, there's some scary water pokemon out there when you consider how big they'd actually be

based retardbro

Problem is Pokemon has very inconsistent sizes for Pokemon.
Charizard is a manlet in actuality even though the anime made him huge.

If they were to do that they should implement Pokemon Go's "size" system where the Pokemon can have size variance (but have it actually affect the models). Maybe have some rare "giant" Pokemon that are tougher.

Be kind to user, he probably hasn't been to a lake that wasn't just a glorified puddle before.

git fucking gud fgt

after you defeat the pokemon league you move back to your home town with your spouse, have a bunch of kids, take over when the professor retires, and then you see your kids off as they start their own pokemon journeys

Attached: ec09e44806d8f74d904f5e92ded54775.jpg (880x1040, 178K)

OP is a bitch and a cuck and most importantly a faggot and should be dealt with as such

Attached: 1552659605404-1.png (220x255, 129K)

Have female trainers use their body as compensation

The fuck is up with the weird barf green filter over everything? Looks awful

Costs too much money for what is effectively a 20 year old mobile game

>sinnoh
You have to be 18 to post here.

Is that fucking Overwatch

Kill your fucking self

pokemon is a $90 billion franchise. money is no object.

Diamond and Pearl came out 12 years ago.

And all of that profit turned from rehashing the same low budget cookier cutter shit for 20 years. Why change anything? People who know how to make money like that focus on profit margins, not project scope. Making my game bigger and better doesn't get me a bigger yacht.

No more random encounters. Pokemon appear in the overworld like in Let's Go but the world is larger to accommodate them. They have simple actions like eating, wandering, running away when scared, etc. More aggressive Pokemon will charge at you.

Pokemon ecosystem, basically? Sounds expensive.

make it an option
>party type
>(select) or (order)

you're preaching to the choir here. it's embarrassing that people still give game freak their money for such a mediocre product.
i'm a pokemon fan, but after the shitshow that was the 3ds era, i refuse to buy any more pokemon games until i see actual effort befitting of a $90 billion franchise. gen 7's wasted potential was the last straw for me. i didn't buy legpiss, and after what they showed from sword/shield, i'm not buying that either.

I fucking wish

They could easily have a couple different archetypes that are recycled between the Pokemon. You only need like, "prey" "passive" and "predator" and those behaviors can just be reused. I'm not expecting anything fancy which is why I said simple actions.

Close enough to old pixel art and far enough from modern "retro" game art style. I could rate this 9.5/10

It's nothing more competent devs haven't done before.

Attached: they mostly cum at night. MOSTLY.jpg (1280x720, 501K)

X/Y were unironically my favorite games in the series. The large variety of pokemon available in the wild right from the start, the fairly large pokedex, the fun things to do besides running from gym to gym like trainer customization, restaurants, battle chateau, pokemon-amie, etc. none of which were locked behind post-game and stayed relevant throughout the game, the PSS and constantly being able to trade/battle/chat and use other online features at any time from anywhere in the field, the alternative EV training methods with super training and more convenient breeding mechanics all kept me invested and made the actual 8 badges/E4 playtime take much longer for me than normal. I know the flaws that usually get levied at X and Y and I think they are fair but god damn I loved swapping in new team members on every route just because I kept running into so many pokemon that I loved from various generations.

Crystal/FRLG is best artstyle imo
Both would be fantastic games to nuzlocke with randomized wild/starters.

Can you make an argument for how this would turn profits for the series? You can't, because it won't, and even if you could, it's probably too risky. Denied.

And you'd have to have been 4 years old when they came out to like them.

Pokemon should look like this

Attached: but with pokemon.jpg (620x349, 137K)

That looks kino af. Would play/10.

Realistically, is there any way the series can actually tank? That's basically the only way they would have to get their shit in order

I mean, the post was "make one major change to Pokemon" not "make one change to Pokemon that Game Freak will actually do because they're cheap bastards"

I agree with a lot of your points but being so much of a cakewalk and railroady holds it back from being truely great

Pokemon games are all the same. You'd have to be a fucking autist to like one but hate another.

Why would want to change the game in a way that would lead it to less success and inevitable nonexistence/failure?

The gameplay and design hasn't evolved past gen 3 so why not make the games look like a GBA game? Sword/Shield already just looks like an upscaled 3DS game anyway.

Attached: 1424066030223.jpg (580x900, 299K)

>Gamefreak
I think you mean Iwata

The bottom right makes it look like a 3rd world hobo shanty village. At least your brain fills in the gaps with the top right.

Seething cause he knows Sinnoh is better than his favorite region.

Especially since the games sell 4x as much as Dragon Quest (and 10x as much as DQ Monsters). There's no excuse for how little money they put into graphics.

But even if Pokemon had the best graphics possible, the gameplay wouldn't utilize them. You'd just be running around on really pretty linear paths. It'd be like FFXIII all over again.

Attached: 1522180142869.jpg (635x900, 114K)

>playing as a spic
>no waifumon you can catch early game
this game is going to be trash
may as well make its official threads on /trash/

zoom zoom zoom

This is why Pokemon games will never be good

Attached: 1540523128543.gif (240x180, 961K)

the rest of the world would have to get a spine and some standards like the japanese fans have. legpiss flopped hard in japan, and they won't hesitate to switch to a competing series like yo-kai watch that puts more effort into their products - unlike the west, who refuses to accept that monster-collecting is a genre that exists beyond pokemon.

I could make the argument that it would be more successful because it would provide a fresh change for the series, attract Monster Hunter and Xenoblade fans, or other fans of games with monster ecosystems, while improving on a concept they already experimented with in LGPE that was received well, making a direct improvement to the game flow (being able to see the Pokemon you want outright without waiting for a random 5% chance for them to show up), all while without being too complex to be unfeasible for 700+ Pokemon.

Lel I knew it. Get over it dude, not every region except Unova can be as good Sinnoh. What’s your favorite Kanto, Hoenn?

Attached: 238AE3A7-FEBB-417A-88D9-0AFD808AD90A.gif (327x251, 535K)

but gen 5 are by far the best main-series games in the franchise.

what if you ordered butterfree to use sleep dust on the female trainer haha

Attached: 1481084404299.jpg (480x1440, 139K)

shh you're not allowed to speak like that in these threads

>some standards like the japanese fans have
>Japs
>standards
Faggotass weebcuck, they’re literally going extinct because they can’t into sex.

it would say "no i'm not doing that stop being a creep man"

Would rather take the OP's Image this just looks a shiny gross wind waker with bad UI and nothing to see

Nigga, that’s the peak of Pokemon you’re talking shit about.

>video games
>sex
rer

yeah it'd be really weird ahaha

Attached: 1479735431589.jpg (680x813, 51K)

and yet they didn't buy an overpriced kanto remake with less content and more hand-holding than the last kanto remake. pokemon's sales have been dropping in japan after gen 5 because they refuse to settle for shitty games after experiencing peak poke-kino with sinnoh and unova.
meanwhile, pic related is pokemon's fanbase in the west.

Attached: 1532189952327.png (1472x1068, 2.42M)

Pokemon have to listen to you unless you're a badgelet.
It doesn't have a choice.

>genwun pandering again and again and again and again
Yawn

What's so good about sinnoh other than being around when you were in elementary school?

Attached: 1469166730886.png (364x336, 171K)

Id utilize my brelooms superior speed and more accurate spore to beat you to it

Attached: download.jpg (205x245, 7K)

Dear God how do you manage to be even worse than the OP.

OP might be a fag but you just went full pride parade queen.

Sinnoh is pretty forgettable and Mt Coronet is cancer

The trainer can fight alongside their pokemon like in one of the original concepts for the series (the trainers with the whips in gen 1 among other unused stuff on TCRF). Human vs. Pokemon isn't really explored all that well in the games, but it's been scraped by on numerous occasions (pokemon being a threat to humans without one of their own, Kyurem about to literally impale you before N shows up, wars between humans using Pokemon as tools in the history of the game world, etc.). It'd be really cool to be a strong enough human that you could use things like moves among other tools by yourself and can actually stand toe-to-toe with all but the strongest pokemon.

Imagine fighting the box legendary of the game except it's you yourself fighting them alongside your six party pokemon in a 7-versus-1 battle. That would be super cool.

Attached: DnIKWnnUwAAHjRG.jpg (707x1000, 136K)

a single attack animation in this interface will cause the switch to framedrop. the distance means that the attacks need to vary the speed animations and that's too much work for someone like gamefreak to pull

Vectol looks way better than Vectol 2.

i would not just make her fall asleep but also film some pokemon fucking her, imagine the black market business of it.

>slip some pokeballs inside
>command them to come out
>TRIO TRIO TRIO

>no argument
Diverse Pokemon, level scaling that isn’t a joke, a region that is more land than water, diverse region. Oh, and the Vs. Seeker plus the BF and an extra island for post game.

>bitching about Mt. Coronet
Exactly the reason why we got LGBT.

Is this a bot?

It's evolution line is obtainable in the demo, go get it

capx.fandom.com/wiki/Demo

The region is based on latin america, what would you expect? Also considering the hometown is based on the Andes, and Peru and such actually still has a huge proportion of the population being ethnically native rather then mestizos , there's a chance the protag is actually entirely indigenous; and they are based as fuck with their own civilizations and shit

No problem, user

RPG maker is more demanding then it should be but as long as you have a laptop that wasn't pure shit circa 2012-13 you should be fine with the sage demo. It's not like Pheonix Rising wherre you need a literal supercomputer to have it not chug.

Attached: 1511766416013.png (1230x595, 66K)

Someone tell virgins to stop drawing shit, that May looks like crap.

You're underestimating the scope of your change. We'd have to do changes to the way we structure environments, and that would fuck with our already solid development pipeline. We'd have to create things for pokemon to interact with, and also consider how pokemon will react to each other. Not all pokemon are on the same animation rig. If we had a pokemon AI type eat berries from the ground, we'd have to create that animation for every pokemon, and for every other type of action. It's not as easily transferable. Again, adding onto our already well developed pipeline. I also think your argument about MH and Xeno fans hurts your case even more than you've already made it. Those fans are not our target audience. The pokemon franchise has solidified itself as being an accessible and easy to play mobile game series for a long time. Why would we want to change that now? Bringing in elements like a pokemon ecosystem will only harm the current casual experience and won't be near enough to supplement any theoretic pull from other audiences. I don't think your vision of where pokemon should go in the future aligns with ours. If people want more developed creature interactions, they're welcome to play games like MH. If you'd like to discuss highly monetized, outsourced mobile game options, we're open to discussion. Otherwise, I'd suggest you take this concept to another publisher or make your own game.

that's not how pokeballs work but why sleeping her when i can make a hypno hypnotize make her to sleep with me instead. the hypnos will be a great way in the prostitution business

>Almost every male trainer has a Hypno in their party

>diverse pokemon
HOPE YOU LIKE PONYTA OR PICKED CHIMCHAR FAGGOT

Her only problem is that she looks too slutty and that she needs a bigger butt.

eh just in certain areas like the breeder area

>defending gen 3 when it came out on the same system as Golden Sun a year later

It's so hard to play stuff without the phys/special split

>picking DP over Platinum
Your fault faggot.

Why do incels like pixels so much?

This stuff reminds of Pokémon GS Beta. I remember how hyped I was when I saw those pics. The actual thing wasn't bad, but I'd rather the beta aesthetics.

Attached: screenshots-gold-silver-beta-alpha-gallery.jpg (600x310, 168K)

Or a good way of rematching trainers or properly leveled wild Pokemon or learnsets that aren’t complete shit.

>That fucking music
soundcloud.com/dewdneym/pokemon-sage-simon-sofia-1

Attached: 1439434954081.png (1194x810, 152K)

>actually falling for the f*re meme

Those are some weak-ass points nigga.
Here's why alola is the best region
>Diverse Pokemon, level scaling that isn’t a joke, a region that is more land than water, diverse region.

Pokemons don't forget the moves that they learn but can still only carry 4 in battle
outside battle you can go the stats menu and change which four moves the pokemon have selected for battle without having to forget any entirely

>>there are people that actually think Pokemon games should look like this
All we need is emotion and sim system.

>region so shit it had to be fixed in the special version
>best region

Attached: 1498064690419.jpg (569x802, 147K)

A Pokemon game should have the exact same art style and quality as the anime. You should basically feel like you're playing the anime. Dragon Ball did it all the way back on the PS2 so there's no excuse for Pokemon.

>3D shit over 2D
Gay
also
>liking game with forced cutscenes out the ass with Lillie
Gay as fuck

Nothing wrong with the artwork itself. It's all pretty good. The issue is his map design/tile placement. If he was a bit more conservative on the details, the clutter issue everyone is complaining about would go away.

Because it reminds us from our past. It's only natural to be nostalgic when the future happened to go so wrong.

I want them back bros

Attached: B2W2medals.png (256x192, 49K)

>Have food but HEAL Item
>Pokemon is not hungry like forever
>Pokemon don't react or do anything expect command
>Pokemon bond not exist
>Pokemon will never cry for you when you gone a weeks

>expecting any different from the company who did the same re-release for the previous three gens
And said region was still better then said previous regions.

>gen 4 onwards
>2D

>t. Gamefreak or your usual burger

>all those people taking the most obvious bait

>the top prostitution market is lead by hypno trainers
i wonder if pokemon have their own morals not influenced by people, do they ever rebel at some point if they know they are doing wrong, will they know what they are doing is wrong?

this is dq right? which one?

Didn’t completely 3D like XY/ORAS, Pokemon still used sprites.

The clutter issue would go away if there were less colors. It would look perfect with a monochromatic pallet, or at least a bichromatic one.

The latest one on PS4/PC/Switch (Dragon Quest XI).

Looks great.

You what, sage's music is the best part, listen to more then just 1 track

soundcloud.com/frostfuzz/title-theme-update-1
soundcloud.com/dewdneym/doucherado-black-and-white-2-1\
soundcloud.com/frostfuzz/dive-theme
soundcloud.com/frostfuzz/pkeronze-1
soundcloud.com/frostfuzz/pksteelgymbw-1
soundcloud.com/dewdneymii/battle-vs-team-aurum-grunt
soundcloud.com/paul-aupetitgendre/forest-update
soundcloud.com/dewdneymii/pokemon-sage-tropical-area
soundcloud.com/dewdneymii/spotted-theme-of-pokemon
soundcloud.com/chardinal76/glittering-cave-v2-gen-vp

Attached: 1469839360957.png (1504x1600, 220K)

Well we were talking about regions not gens as a whole.

if pokemon were real, will the government try to regulate trainers by taking tests to see which pokemon are allowed to get what if they get a pokemon they shouldn't? will they have to go through a test every town/city they enter?

I think gen 4 looks best, like heart gold, but gen 5 looks pretty slick too.
Definitely prefer the high quality sprites over the lazy 3d stuff.
I can understand them wanting to move to 3d models though, having to redraw nearly a thousand highly detailed and unique pokemon sprites every game can't be light on the budget or time.

>mfw pokemon will never be as soulful as gen 2
I love 3 and 5 (the one i played first cause Hilda) but gen 2 will always be my favourite
youtube.com/watch?v=Z6izE6IgflA

>Oi! U got a loisence for that there pokemon m8?

Attached: 1550926136889.jpg (1750x2500, 249K)

Lake of Rage didn't exactly give me the impression that it was that big.

Attached: _Montana_Flathead_Lake.jpg (2362x1577, 543K)

So then play the beta that was leaked in its entirety last year.

Fpbp
I saw the image and had the exact same thought of it being too busy

Here ya go you fockin poofta, go tell the queen she can kiss my arse

It's not a good comparison, it's fucking stupid. If you're trying to make a point then compare two handhelds, not a console vs. handheld. Apples and fucking oranges my dude.

Why are zoomers such big faggots?

I'll take a look, but what I really need is a romhack of pokémon GSC with that aesthetics.

This was a plot point early on in the anime where they did that episode where Ash and friends' Pokemon end up on an island by themselves with Team Rocket's Pokemon. Jessie and James' Ekans and Koffing said something like, "We're not bad. There's no bad Pokemon, only bad people."

were those real dialogue or the 4 kids one? because anything from the dub is misleading

It was in the dub but Bulbapedia doesn't mention anything about it being a dub edit. In fact there's dialogue they left out when they were at the Oden stand getting drunk.

Attached: pokemon oden.png (750x546, 19K)

kek

Well, this demo was leaked. Play it!

I did the same thing as that user for like a week and almost everyone took the bait. I was just goofing around too. It actually made me a little sad which is why I stopped.

The resolution in XB2 is stable in docked mode. Monolith gave the fuck up in handheld mode.

Actually, I think Pokémon games should look something like this.

Attached: red legends2.png (800x600, 51K)

Even Megaman Legends NPCs looked better than this and those guys had even less polygons to work with.

it's better than that neutered, uninspired crap they've been shoveling lately.

>tfw I had a friend who insisted on playing it handheld mode even after I told him what it's like
I think he has brain damage

You're right, here it is in 8 color grayscale.

Attached: poke sprites grayscale.png (960x747, 68K)

I mean it's playable, some areas are worse than others which is why everybody only ever uses Gormott where it's particularly bad instead of any other area, and on the screen it can be tolerable. Using the actual handheld and seeing the shitty resolution on a monitor is pretty different If you just want to play the game in portable mode you won't die from using it.

Then you play in docked and it's fucking night and day because that's where all the effort went. Handheld is, if I recall correctly, more conservative on the battery compared to certain other games so the graphics take a hit in exchange for longer battery life.

Attached: enhanced-buzz-16078-1322582253-32[1].jpg (449x642, 104K)

Less colours would be nice, but if you look at the tiling in both the webm and OP's picture theres hardly anywhere to move.

I just want the mainline pokemon games to reach an evolution like Mario and zelda did. But each game's layout looks the fucking same. Hell, sword and shield looks like an upscale 3ds game in my opinion. I want them to experiment and just do something fucking new

Attached: 1554229012146.png (370x350, 110K)

>Make ONE SINGLE major change to pokemon.
there's actually things to do in the world

I was the composer for doucherado's theme, but not the BW2 soundfont version you posted.

I just wanted to say thank you for posting this. I had completely forgotten about it. I hope I can play the game some day.

no problem user

I'm not a dev anymore but if you reached out to people currently in the project i'm sure they'd be happy to have you making music again. A mqajority of the core namefags from the /vp/ days are still a part of the project, like dewd/qb, nimble, gun, etc, so it should be relatively easy for you to reach out/you can just message an admin/mod on the wiki

I don't get it. I never finished the texture, but the model polycount is around the same of a Megaman Legends model. How they had less polygons to work with?

The Pokémon models are from actual Pokémon games, Stadium 1 (JP) and 2.

Attached: red legends1.png (800x600, 20K)

Soul
Soulless

Game?

Battle Revolution announcement trailer. Bullshot video.
The actual game still uses N64 models and textures for most Pokémon.

I couldnt give two shits about the style or if its 3d, but im done with grid games in 3d
links awakening is a cash grab, change my mind

youtube.com/watch?v=YOrxqdHmSLA

>tfw you'll never experience the wonders of Hoeen for the first time again

Attached: 75455628.gif (215x168, 416K)

>60$ pokemon sword & shield for switch
>generic 3DS port
How did gamefreak get away with it? It's like 90% of budget goes into marketing only.

Oh wow yeah the actual gameplay still looks pretty standard fare for Pokemon games. Fuck that trailer gave me so much hope for a good game. rip. Thanks though user you're a real one

>no mention of PMD's great spritework
the fuck's wrong with you all

Attached: 1554272965430.png (1600x1160, 2.51M)

Random encounters enforce a skinner-box like effect which is what make Pokemon popular.
I'm tired of seeing you autists complain about it when you don't even understand it's like 80% of the point with the series. If you want to imagine it was something more you're on par with smash fags thinking theirs is a fighting game.

Why does every first party 3DS game looks like a tour through toys r us? It's all so babyfied.

Attached: dims.jpg (530x318, 44K)

i dunno, but you sound like quite the baby yourself.

a goo goo gaa gaa pee pee caca poo poo to you, my fellow babyposter.

I can actually see this working and finally making pokemon not turn based

Holy shit it's still great. Shiny and chrome, just as god intended.

No more super effective one shot skills.

Can you imagine how fucking ASS random encounters would be if every Pokémon had built-in Sturdy?

Nintendo games are for literal toddlers. What did you expect?

No, they use the N64 models for Gen 1 and 2 Pokemon still

Attached: nidoking.png (1050x353, 746K)

>tfw wanted to recruit all the pokemon but i can never recruit the legendary dogs.

>Talking shit on the UI when it's basically the Pokemon Stadium UI

>looks a trillion times better
How to spot the underage

That looks so fucking slow

Honestly the only way for pokemon to evolve significantly at this point is a crash. The problem is that with the amount of normie genwunners and the regular "buy everything praise everything" normies out there it's never going to happen. They could re-re-re-release RBY without fixing a single bug or glitch or anything and just adding more colors or some pixels and retards would still buy it.
Almost all the systems in the game are outdated, including the catch em' all part, which is skewed by the sheer number and by the fact that the game in no way encourages you to catch every mon.

I really just want almost no story bullshit of Team BADGUYS and the ability to start from any town/city in the old/new region they have decided on. The starters would depend on what town you picked as your starting location. So different playthroughs would have a different early game and feel to progression since you will actually be forced to get different shit than normal. I would also like to see non-linearity of route/gym progression. I hated the need for specific items or HMs, which just evolved into new things but the same hamfisted linearity pushed into these games never changed.

Why try when it'll sell anyway?

>Icetope
>Chillnobyl

I'm in love.

XI, new one

It looks like one of those river king fishing RPGs for the SFC.

Everyone wants those since ages but the series is so dead-set on being formulaic it'll never happen. A fucking hard mode was added as a special feature then immediately scraped because it wasn't a gigantic success, even though every other game since forever has one.
I think the people at GF are still fossils stuck in the 90s and only interested in selling merch for 10yos instead of trying something new

Attached: 1470857245783.jpg (269x313, 16K)

Gamefreak were always incompetent. They needed Iwata to bail them out.

Kenshi comes close.

Attached: Kenshi Map.jpg (6100x6100, 2.78M)

its not fucking fair bros

They should do it like Dragon Quest XI, with the option to switch between nostalgic old graphics and good new graphics.

Pokemon basically has the same reputation and cultural impact in America as DQ does in Japan, and GF has been trying to capitalize on that nostalgia for years now, they might as well go all the way.

Digimon next order lacked a lot of detail in the setting, no?
They corrected a bit for the PS4 version, but still not as comfy as World 1.
Of course still much better than pokemon that survives on marketing and nostalgia alone.

Attached: digimon.png (854x480, 913K)

Nothing about that image implies open world, unless you consider most JRPGs like Xenoblade open world too.

All that is is bringing the game up to par with modern RPGs. Xenoblade, Ni no Kuni, and Dragon Quest make Pokemon look like a joke.

If I had to guess different people worked on different parts of the game and they just go art assets from the art team then at the end they just put all the independent pieces together. The bigger a project is the harder it is to be efficient with other programmers, sometimes you are just charged with your black box and get told what needs to come in and out of it. You can go back after the fact but most of the time its not even efficient to do so.

speed up the animations by about 15-25%

Warquila is literally Braviary

That demo wasn't very far in development though from what I heard. Didn't even have a story, did it?

I'm glad none of you niggers are in charge of grafix. Pokémon with realistic grafix doesn't work.

If you're bundling your area assets up then you can't reference textures outside the bundle so each area would need its own duplicate

I miss him, bros.

Attached: Iwata Gold and Silver.png (645x896, 115K)

We don't fucking want realistic, we want Pokemon to look like BotW or DQ11.

This is gen2, autist

It's slightly too busy --some parts are not clear or don't make sense -- but overall it's beautiful, and ironically more detailed than the shit, soulless games we have now

Attached: 1553202884132m.jpg (1024x532, 81K)

Point me one person in this thread that proposed realistic graphics.

>that image
This is a seriously weak argument, a duplicate 7kb file is hardly the mark of incompetent programmers

If you're wasting time doing these sorts of micro-optimizations where they're not needed then your project has some serious prioritization issues

>waste all this time on battle arena and models
>attack effects still look basic and uninspired
Looks exactly like something gamefreak would do

Actually PBR was Genius Sonority

Actually badge obedience only matters for traded Pokemon.

Attached: 55728130_p0.png (1200x795, 404K)

>someone saved my .webm

Huh.

Attached: fbXFG016rk.webm (868x492, 2.5M)

>tfw hoenn was my literal first video game and first Pokemon game
>tfw you'll never get the same feeling of playing it for the first time

emerald has this nostalgic charm that I can't quite feel anywhere else man

Attached: shit aint yeehaw here man.jpg (1224x1221, 251K)

I did it. And I don't think it looks much better.

Attached: 1554255741145.png (960x747, 725K)

easily the best form of pokemon

discordapp.com/invite/33tR8CA

Battles are all 6v6 at once.

Attached: D2WtSqZU8AML_Uc.jpg (1100x1110, 73K)

>May using a GBA at night
This is all wrong, immersion ruined, 2/10.

jrpgs suck

Iphone is literally the best bang for buck phone out there, though.

Yeah, the original palette is better

Modded backlights exist

No it wouldn't. My powerlevel autism couldn't take it and I'm happy it's never going to happen.

Attached: away.gif (500x375, 516K)

So do you just look through threads waiting for someone to post something of Xenoblade X or 2 so you can post a super compressed Youtube screencap or what?

I like it, kinda reminds me of Golden Sun or any mana game

>tfw these graphics were around during generation 3
>tfw people complaining now that pokemon games look bad
>tfw pokemon games have always looked bad compared to what was out at the time

There are humans in the games that are able to contend with pokemon already -- namely some of the stronger black-belts and whatnot. You just never see it; it happens off-screen. All I want is for the protag to be one of those people.

CLUTTER GOOD
CLEAN BAD

>there's no excuse for Pokemon.
How about the fact that there's a thousand fucking Pokemon that are supposed to move around an open world and behave realistically. I'm not excusing Game Freak in any way, but the "dream Pokemon game" gets more unrealistic and nonviable with every passing gen, if it ever happens you can expect the Pokedex will be significantly pared down.

Pokemon will never be like this if you days keep buying the turds Game Freak keeps squeezing out

this was in reply to

What Pokemon needs is a good soulful low-poly 3D art direction

Attached: 1525103260396.gif (512x384, 2.76M)

considering explorers of sky and emerald are the best pokemon games yes they should.

>wanking to muddy colors and shit graphics in year of our lord 1980+39
Your brain on Nintendo

wow this unironically looks like empty soulless shit

How about pre rendered cgi like super Mario rpg

The problem isn't the quality of the sprite work, it's the limited color palette. A limited color palette only works with minimalist sprites, otherwise it all looks like it's bleeding together.

A little less detail would honestly work wonders for this.

Looks damn great. But we'll never get it.

Different starting towns with different starters is a fantastic idea, but realistically how would a non-linear pokemon game work? Either you'd be soft railroaded since the gyms would be leveled like they currently are, or they'd have to implement level scaling and we all know how much people love that.

Attached: d651a91dceba34eeaa5dfec37451ede3.jpg (2064x2822, 2.28M)

Nice nipple, dude

Attached: promotions.jpg (305x350, 15K)

Do it like the Origin anime and have the gym leaders team change based on how many badges you have.
Or have the 3 starting towns all lead to the same second town.

You think red just appears on mt silver?

So it looks just like the image then?
Did you even look at it before whining or just glanced at the thumbnail

Don't worry, I talked to your boss and he said it was fine since it was Misty
Scaling with amount of badges would work. If you go to a gym at a low level you'll fight a Staryu and Psyduck compared to a Starmie, Golduck and Gyarados at a higher level. That would definitely be neat

Attached: ef6b92e8cd23daa60dff7bd378c31cc6.jpg (610x960, 271K)

GAMEFREAK

This plus dynamic wind animations that cause ripples in the grass and water.

Attached: source.gif (500x270, 1.76M)

>ywn see Pokemon with Square Enix visuals

Attached: Sad Finnish Girl.jpg (447x589, 47K)

You don't need to include every Pokemon in the region itself, as long as they can be traded from older games.
Just don't let them follow the character and you're fine. GF has enough money and time give all of them proper models.

>GF has enough money and time give all of them proper models.
Not to mention they have Creatures Inc do all the model work for Pokemon.

There's a crystal romhack that does that. Called crystal clear.

For the Pokemon themselves, rather.