Outward

Eurojank = soul
AAA trash = soulless

Attached: outward.jpg (1067x600, 210K)

DO NOT BUY
DO NOT PIRATE
it's too comfy for you

Attached: 20190401214728_1.jpg (1920x1200, 410K)

redpill me on this game

can i marry npc waifu

Janky buggy game with a sense of exploration cranked up to 200%. You see that cave over there nigger? You have no idea what could possibly be in it. You'll NEVER know what you will get out of even going in it.

Now drag that down by dogshit combat that either requires you to go down three paths.:
1. Trap Master
2. Magic
3. High Impact 2 handed weapon
Other strategies that are not listed need not apply, you will just die frustrated on how you fucked your character up royally.

>Hurr durrrr it's in french so it's from France

It's from Quebec not france.

Most Quebec studios have a lot of French devs

>dogshit combat
Damn, I was fearing that
Guess I'll have to pass on this one

>be first time to really go across map
>murdered chickens and hyenas no problem
>go across bridge towards fort
>oh what creature is that I haven't s-

fucking wendingo pushed my shit in HARD

waifus plz respond

I'll take 1 & 2 thank you ver much

You can do that. Magic is VERY strong, so are traps.

Is this like a story-driven game or just like a sandbox survival game with knights and wizards and shit? Also, how high is the eurojank cranked up on this one?

It's got a story and quests and timed quests but it's also a exploration sandbox with survival elements with knights and wizards and shit.
>how high is the eurojank cranked up on this one?
about 11

It has a thin story that is just mostly a vehicle to get you to explore that mysterious glowing hole in the ground on the way to the next quest objective.

What? Do you mean Ubisoft? It's a french company but most of their employees are french speaking people from Quebec.

Can I play a bowman and use traps to surmount melee combat? Apparently the jank combat is one of the worst aspects, so wondering If I can just go ranged.

Its a bethesda game with survival mods installed

ive been running blue sand armor, master trader boots and hat and a golem halberd. add some buff magic and w/e varnish i think will work best on my weapon and im having a great time.

if they boosted the attack speed of 1 handed weapons they would totally be viable to chip enemies hp down but besides that the combat isnt too bad.

In the field, yes. In a dungeon is where you may run into some difficulty with that. You'll have to preprep your traps like a mad fiend to have a fallback.

Sounds fun, guess Ill get the game then. Not enough games let you build around traps.

Honestly if they adjusted the flinch it would open up a lot of weapon options.

Try to go dagger for backstabbing but it sucks. At least breakthrough skill is alright. Might switch to 2_handed

use a onehanded axe, kick to take off half of the enemy balance then you can just stunlock them for a bunch of hits.

Kick is like the most important skill, the problem is that once you've got an enemy to the point you stagger them if you knock them down they'll regenerate the full bar when they get up.

I think the thing that makes me maddest about the flinch system, isn't that you need to break an enemies posture bar below 50 to safely attack without worrying about hit trading in a game where every enemy is a hp sponge, healing is very hard to do mid combat and a couple unlucky trades can end your life entirely.
What really grinds my gears is how counterintuitive the posture system is, Any hit below 50 posture stuns, be it 2h or 1h, breaking their posture entirely causes them to get knocked down.
Here's the part that makes me mad, they stay down maybe a fraction of a second and can roll/evade or quickly recover their stance, they get a full posture bar and immunity to it depleting which means no flinch/hit stun/ hit feedback until you deplete it again. You can also unluckily knock them on their ass far enough away from you, that you cannot close the distance for a free hit before they bounce back up, it's annoying how the game punishes you for breaking their posture.

I haven't tried it yet but i'm starting to think some sort of fast 1h a good poke and an impact buff would be the best thing to kill enemies, because the important thing to fights is moving in 5ft attacking, retreating 5ft and keeping the stagger below 50 but above 0 unless you have an execute, but only the greataxe does and like i said before some of them just bounce right back up or get knocked to far away to capitalize.

Yea axes might be the best weapon in the game melee wise, their combos are really fast.

Attached: 1554235136901.png (446x572, 596K)

Will they add mod support?

when you get to the point you've got multiple counters it smooths out.
The biggest problem early on is kick is your main way to lower posture and the cooldown is longer than it takes for you to knock them down, however every counter also takes off like half of an enemy's posture.