Will they ever bring back his pink hair?

Will they ever bring back his pink hair?

Attached: 400b1bb2f2f62724cc3b5ad59c8117e01476617407_full.png (192x208, 1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mariowiki.com/Brooklyn
archive.org/stream/SuperMario64OfficialPlayersGuide/Super Mario 64 Official Player's Guide_djvu.txt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

but why though

Dobson?

Attached: HowardAndNesterNEW.jpg (775x1311, 733K)

I hate Dobson so much

God I hope not

>Dobson seriously thinks that anyone but him is triggered by Link having blonde hair

Attached: 1553881709876.jpg (1034x1200, 330K)

Yes in the 2020 game The Legend of Zelda: Revenge of the cis scum

No, the pink hair on the sprite was a weird coloring issue. He never had pink hair in canon.

Attached: ALttP_Sewer_Passageway_Artwork.png (982x829, 1.21M)

>cis scum

Rude.

Attached: 1553895770603.jpg (1716x2048, 691K)

I liked the pink hair :(

What are these from?

so why was it pink anyway?

SNES sprite limitations

Apparently some old magazine covering the first Zelda. And I guess they mistakenly thought Link was a girl or something

Because LttP Link is canonically a cute girl.

Attached: 1553895924113.jpg (2048x2041, 807K)

>Mario's not from Brooklyn

I know Dobby made this comic over ten years ago, but holy shit it's amazing how he still believes that somehow the DIC cartoons are canon. That's some god tier delusion right there.

Attached: 1418683763292.gif (395x288, 2.51M)

Holy shit look at that jaw

Attached: Link's Jawline.png (835x829, 524K)

but the SNES supports 256 colours at once. hell, they even have a brown colour on the sprite.

I've heard that it's because you can only store so many colors in a single sprite's palette on the SNES, and Link had to share his palette with his bunny sprite so they needed pink to be in there, and there was no room for gold for his hair.

Myth. It's not sprite limitations, it was a concious developer choice.

That's also a myth.

Attached: Myth Busted.png (385x203, 3K)

exactly this
there are edits of link with brown and blonde hair and it doesn't stand out nearly as well. it's just because of the snes coloring limitations that led to the pink hair decision.
in the manual and all other promotional art he's clearly supposed to have brown hair.

Attached: ALTTPmanual06.png (959x724, 1.67M)

>brown
That's clearly dirty blonde.

To make it different from the concept art? I guess if they made terra green haired in ff6 instead of one of amano's collection of waifish looking blonde people it was because otherwise all the characters would look alike

What part of "Dobson is always wrong about everything" don't you understand?

He thinks Other M is the best Metroid game
He thinks the CDI games are great and that Ocarina of Time ruined Zelda
He thinks Peach's name was originally Toadstool, even in Japan

And if you argue with him on these points he will block you.

Attached: tumblr_p8b3m23MWF1x4dymxo1_1280.jpg (359x1920, 259K)

I think Dobby is just pissed about Mario having a Italian accent, Mario is still from Brooklyn he just has a different accent now
mariowiki.com/Brooklyn

It's because on old CRTs you needed to get creative with color variance so your sprites didn't look like a jumbled mess of blended similar colors. Links pupils aren't actually falling off his eyeballs

>Mario is still from Brooklyn
No he's not. He's never been from Brooklyn. That was just American advertising and DiC cartoons.

Mario Is Missing was never even released in Japan.

Mario being from Earth doesn't make sense because where would that leave Wario and Waluigi? To say nothing of the original Donkey Kong and Jumpman.

Why is Dobson so obsessed with Link's hair

Attached: Young_Link_Artwork_1_(Ocarina_of_Time).png (968x1090, 831K)

bullied by some blond kid, never got over it

Because he LITERALLY believes that he is Link, and that Link is him, and that therefore Link should have brown hair and be left-handed.

Because he's a fat sperg with nothing else to do with his life but complain about video games on the internet. But unlike most people here, he can't take an insult, and he most certainly won't get a real job or move out of his parents house.

There was a Japanese comic that had Mario from Brooklyn but also had Peach working with the Mario Bros. plumbing company
I think that's basically the only time Brooklyn's been referenced in Japanese media

Its mentioned in the Mario 64 players guide that he is "the visitor from Brooklyn"
archive.org/stream/SuperMario64OfficialPlayersGuide/Super Mario 64 Official Player's Guide_djvu.txt

Attached: h1lbkipn23mz.jpg (3024x4032, 1.57M)

Why does Ganondorf and the Goron look like they were just traced from official art?

I guarantee he grew up watching the DIC cartoons before ever playing the games, then wondered why the cartoons were wrong. Instead of accepting reality he bitched and moaned that they "changed" his hair.

Oh look, something else that was made for America, for Americans, using lore that was made up for the American market, that was never canon in the Japanese media, and was effectively whitewashed out of the franchise after that very game.

>guide written by Nintendo of America
>canon
NoA are also the ones who came up with "Princess Toadstool" because they thought "Peach" wasn't related enough to the Mushroom Kingdom. They just made shit up for localization purposes.

Do you REALLY have to ask

Attached: YpJfUfo.gif (530x290, 124K)

You just keep making yourself look stupider and stupider. Are you Dobson?

I feel as if it's my civic duty.

Let us bless the thread against his presence.

Attached: 1200px-Venice_Carnival_-_Masked_Lovers_(2010).jpg (1200x800, 298K)