R.I.P. 3DS

2011 - 2019

Attached: Its_Over.png (1350x640, 156K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tingletranslation.blogspot.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

PQ2 is the last game I'm getting for the 3DS, then I can finally put it away forever.

Feels good.

Attached: 1522925187854.jpg (500x378, 48K)

3DS had a good run, it's time for it to die
Weird to think that dedicated handhelds are now obsolete due to the Switch, but it's better this way since game development can focus on one platform instead of being divided, leading to more games.

yeah

I wonder when we'll start seeing some series from the 3DS coming over to Switch

I mean shit 8 years is a really long time

why wasn't the great ace attorney ever released in the west?

8 years, thats only beaten by the DS itself, isnt it?

Utawarerumono is getting a Vita release in 2020.

F

Attached: 1532188035981.png (405x246, 114K)

I'm just glad because 240p games in 2019 is disgusting. I will miss dual screens though. High resolutions negate the need for moving HUDs and shit to another screen, but other games that used the second screen in unique ways will be missed

I mean it’s already kind of started

I just hope we get more AA games like Trauma center and pic attached

Attached: 488B8645-A3BB-4F87-A617-98733130D2F9.jpg (600x337, 116K)

funny how it was a flop at launch with it's $260 price tag. glad it got such a great lineup over the following years

Because Capcom didn't have faith in the game selling because they couldn't market it as PHOENIX WRIGHT

It's also too late and the 3DS is dead. Only option is a DGS 1+2 pack on Switch for it to get localized.

Because fuck gaijin scum
At least it's popular enough to get a fan translation

does this mean I'm not allowed to use my 3ds anymore

>240p
God I fucking hate the 3ds

The map building might be weird, but I can see Etrian Odyssey getting a switch release with relative ease

Full translation got released a few days ago, so I no longer question it.

nintendo will announce a 3ds replacement smartphone game launcher app in the next year

Attached: 1548389865290.png (400x400, 201K)

I hate that they're making us wait so long for a game that's just being translated

It's pretty funny how that only happened because Miyamoto and Aonuma really really liked Crypt of the Necrodancer, and got addicted to the game.

>put it away
I still have a nice backlog and I prefer it over the Switch for taking out of the house. It's just a lot more portable and the games are more pick-up-and-play

we can still have 3DS threads right? I don't want anything on the switch

Attached: blughuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.png (253x407, 111K)

Damn imagine making an indie game so good you get literal video game legends addicted to it

>I don't want anything on the switch
How? Not even Animal Crossing?

That's the beauty of video games, anyone can enjoy them, even those who make video games themselves

If it's anything like PQ there's probably a shitload to translate, so I don't blame them. It's not like PQ2 is a massive release that calls for a simultaneous launch anyways.

You don't want
>astral chain
>luigi's mansion 3
>story of seasons
expected multiplat
>rune factory 5
expected multiplat
>new bravely default teased
expected multiplat
>animal crossing switch
>no more heroes 3
expected multiplat
>fire emblem three houses
>super mario maker 2
>daemon x machina
>smtv
expected multiplat
>pokemon sword and shield
>marvel ultimate alliance 3
>town
>metroid prime 4
>bayonetta 3

What do you want then?

nothing is actually out yet and I don't like smash
can we have 3ds threads still though

When was a new bravely default teased?

Nope, 3ds is /vr/ only territory now

The 3ds had games good enough that you'll still be able to pull them off, just don't expect threads about your faceplates or limited edition xl to actually take off

>nothing is actually out yet
Sorry, I thought you were talking about in the future, that makes sense, there's really only a handful of games of value on the system almost all of them launched in it's first year.

They keep posting picture of Bravely Default characters with Switch controllers, either it's BD3, a spinoff, or a BD collection, I'd probably lean more towards the collection though, since SE are very lazy, but the development team is supposed to be doing 1 game a year, this years is the Octopath prequel for mobile phones, and then there's Octopath 2 already mentioned.

not really, no.

I'll be pirating all of these, and we both know about half of them will be mediocre because that's how the chips fall

>Miyamoto
Yo dawg we like your game!
Can you mod in some Zelda songs
>Them
Nigga we’ll make you a while new game!

Attached: DC9994CF-7376-4859-80E4-32FD86C80486.gif (400x225, 1.96M)

You really shouldn't base your hype posting on tweets with artwork. Like you said it could just be a port, so don't oversell it until we know what it is

>Buying a console for games that aren't out
I wanted Xenoblade 2 and hoped it wasn't just waifushit, and regret that game immensely

>What do you want then?

>I'll be pirating all of these, and we both know about half of them will be mediocre because that's how the chips fall
You don't have to play all of them.
Luigi's Mansion 3 is unironically the front runner on the list for turning out great, something about the hotel.

worst screen to be produce in the 21st century

not even the original DS had such a bad screen

Attached: WhatsApp Image 2019-01-04 at 21.02.56.jpg (1032x774, 62K)

>tfw I still have to go through Etrian Odyssey Untold 1, Untold 2, 5 and Nexus before I can put it away to rest and only pick it up when I feel like replaying something

Those games are so fucking long I just can't manage to pick them up. I know if I don't start I won't finish them and I know I will enjoy them because I liked 4, but man, I just can't fucking manage to get to it. I hate my brain.

>hype
No hype, I probably should have typed Bravely Default Switch, since all I know is that there's something Bravely Default for Switch coming, but as stated it's probably multiplat, that's because personally I'm expecting a collection, and for it to be played best elsewhere.

I don't give a shit about waifushit and my favourite blade was Wulfric, Xenoblade 2 was great.

Also helps Cadance is basically the Femi-Link they wanted to put as the main character of BOTW.
Personally they should’ve gone with CJ from San Andres
>Shit now a nigga gotta go slay Ganon

Attached: B7632D16-BE16-4DD3-B584-7104BF3A9E94.jpg (1080x600, 164K)

I though DaemonXMachina looked good but after playing the demo I realized I didn't like it one bit, I fear the same for Astral Chain and Luigis Mansion 3 (Since 2 was terrible). I look forward to NMH3 and SMT5 but I wouldn't hold my breath.

>Luigi's Mansion 3 is unironically the front runner on the list for turning out great, something about the hotel.
Not if it's too much like the 2nd game

In my experience when I pirate I just become a techno stamp collector and don’t actually play games

I need a M&L game with DT/PJ's battle system on the switch so I can put the o'l 3ds down.

Attached: Mario_Luigi_Paper_Jam_Boss_7.gif (320x192, 3.9M)

4DS soon?

Oh God if it ain't true. I downloaded DQVIII, PQ and every Etryian Odyssey game on my 3DS, not to mention all the SNES roms I could handle, and yet all I play is Kid Icarus Uprising and All Kamen Rider. The only RPG I managed to beat was SMT4A

I liked some of the games but always thought the system was bad. The buttons and shape of the launch model were really uncomfortable, not to mention the small screen. I'm glad to be rid of it, now any game that would have been on 3DS is now coming to something better.

Virtual Boy 2

Astral Chain looks great, I don't see any issues with it at current point, it has a great visual style, a great setting, the lead character saying their line in sync, the core combat gimmick, nothing they've shown makes it look bad. Luigi's Mansion 3 looks good too. Daemon X Machina isn't looking good but I'm still going to get it in the hopes that it turns out decent, in spite of all of it's problems
>1 attack with melee weapons
>based mech frame can't be changed
>no major mech augmentations that change how you approach combat
>shit tier performance
>unreal engine
>no gyro even though being able to snap aim would be useful
They should have planned better, but I suspect the reason it's the way it is is because it wasn't planned to be Switch only early on.

Next level games doesn't appear to be working on it, but the hotel design makes it not look mission based, it has a very good chance at turning out at least as good as the original.

Those are just games you weren't going to play anyway. It beats actually paying for shit that you just backlog and convince yourself you'll play one day and never do

So many of the games end up being complete shit anyway, talking about that I've nearly finished doom 3 after downloading and installing it 3 times and buying a physical boxed copy at a thrift store.

What a fucking shill. You probably don’t even care about half of those games.

I was asking if that person was interested in those games, actually I'm only not interested in the Gamefreak titles and Animal Crossing, AC is just not my thing, even though I played the first one for about a year, and Gamefreak are a fucking joke of a development studio.

I always hate this fuckin argument. The people working on 3DS games often are smaller teams that don't really have the resources to work on Switch games. It's not a zero-sum game; these teams working on 3DS aren't taking away development resources from larger studios, and now they'll either have to go mobile or do shit for larger companies, which is boring. Ya'll are autistic if you think the 3DS dying is a "finally" instead of a "F"

>No hype
Listing all the known upcoming games and some that aren't even confirmed is the definition of hypeposting

But Nintendo said it therefore it must be true.

Literal indie studios are making Switch games, your argument is invalid

DS and 3DS screens are literally the only screens that never give me headaches.
I think this is pretty good for a console marketed for kids.

Attached: 43ff533ee7792755106d079a1691a013.jpg (1024x576, 74K)

/vr/ doesn't allow anything past a certain gen, it's not actually about age.
I'm just really bummed because it seems like I missed the system's heyday, and I like it a lot more than the Switch. I always yearned for a DS years back, and I got my 3DS at the very end of the DS's life. But for many months all I played was Pokemon Black 2, and I couldn't get many more games for it because I was a super poorfag. Then now I have some great DS games for it like Rocket Slime (which I had wanted to play for over a decade and only got a copy this year) and a decent 3DS collection, but now no one's there to talk to about them. I even transferred to a new 3ds xl recently.
The Switch audience is almost 100% smashfags and while I don't abhor smash, I don't particularly enjoy it and 4 cemented that for me. Nothing else is really out now that I want, and I'm never touching Splatoon 2 because I missed all the events in it. About the only game coming for it that I genuinely expect to be good is Animal Crossing, and since I've just transferred to a New 3DS I can finally use amiibo stuff with the 3DS one, so I don't want to go to the Switch one. I love Pokemon but my expectations for SnS are bottom of the barrel, especially in Pokemon designs (even gens always let me down). Same for Fire Emblem. SMTV has shown literally nothing.
Everything else either isn't something I want or is in a genre I don't generally play, and the future prospects of series going to the Switch that I like (that haven't been announced) like Etrian Odyssey are grim.

TLDR I have so much I want to say about the 3DS and the games for it and the Switch has nogaems for me right now. I want there to still be handheld threads for non-hybrid systems.

Attached: 1537345567041m.jpg (1024x768, 85K)

I have never touched a 3DS before, however I've emulated PQ and PQ2 on Citra.
How the fuck was it acceptable to launch a handheld with that insultingly tiny resolution? It blows my mind that hundreds of games were developed specifically for this hardware.

Attached: 066 (14).jpg (1600x955, 314K)

>that don't really have the resources to work on Switch games.
That's a completely full of shit statement, in fact considering the more standardized hardware and the higher fidelity limit it would be easier to work on a Switch game than a 3ds game, even the Switch dev kits are affordable only costing a bit more than a regular Switch itself. If this was true then why the fuck was the Vita stocked full of ultra niche games were the devs were happy to score a few thousand sales? There's nothing stopping a developer from making a game that looks like a 3ds title in higher resolutions, and increasing the quality of assets is both optional and not that much of an increase in work load if you are just boosting poly counts. If visual fidelity mattered anywhere near where you are assuming then why the fuck are there loads of successful indie games that are outright ugly.

>xbox is dead
>no more sony handheld
>nintendo has moved both their consoles into one
now we just need sony to follow microsoft and put all their shit on pc so i only need once system the switch and a pc.

>Splatoon 2 because I missed all the events in it.
Don't be like that. It's a really great game, and you're not really missing out on much if you didn't play splatfest.

>asking someone why they aren't interested in the games that have been announced or the one that's just been hinted at on multiple separate occassions is the definition of hype posting
No it isn't, there's even subtle shitpost about the loss of exclusivity of almost all third party titles, including SMTV.

I will be like that, it helps me save money and I hate time limited shit you can never touch if you missed it once in offline-capable games, and at least in Pokemon/Animal Crossing event items/mons are tradable. I didn't own a Wii U either, it's not like I'm missing out on a great sequel to something I once loved.

Is it safe to hack 3DS on the newest firmware also can I still play online if I install CFW? After PQ2 I am done buying games for 3DS might as well try some JP exclusives I missed

glad it's finally dead

You're still missing out on the greatest online multiplayer game on Switch though
Maybe give 3 a try when it comes out eventually

>TFW we'll never get Vita but with Monster Hunter so it sells well
There was a way we could've avoided the 7/10 Nintendo drought we lived in for six years if the Vita could've kept up in the US. It had fucking everything going for it but blew it at the last minute with memory card shit

I don't generally like team based online multiplayer. I always feel like an asshole when I let my team down and when we win I feel like I was dead weight and didn't contribute to it enough. I prefer singleplayer co-op campaigns.

i have a 3ds but ds was better

S

Worst Nintendo handheld

Why would Monster Hunter save the Vita in the west?
Vita was shit anyway, third parties love Sony so much that it managed to actually have a library arguably better than the 3ds because of this, and it's hilarious that none of these companies want to move to the Switch in spite of it dominating the fuck out of Japan and not having hard limitaitons like the 3ds, and not having retardededly expensive memory cards like the Vita. all it shows is that third parties liked the Vita because of the Sony name and nothing else.

Good run, it died as it lived, with Atlus games rammd into it. Still lackluster compared to the original DS, but most videogame consoles are. At the end, it's a lot of value for the money it costs to have simulation of DS and GBA and pretty great emulation of everything up to 16 bit.

>How the fuck was it acceptable to launch a handheld with that insultingly tiny resolution?
The games were better BECAUSE of it, believe me. Low graphics gate=lesser need to show off. More time to spend on the actual games.

>released 2 years before PS4 and is currently behind by 30 million
kek

handheld market has been obliterated by mobile

The only thing you're missing out on is having three stages being the only stages you can choose for a whole day straight. That's all the events are. The snails just make it easier to change abilities, which you can already do without them.

You don't even get to keep the T-shirt afterwards.

why don't you compare it to vita you shitter

This won't be done for me until Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 is translated.

You dont like 240p? Them dont watch the switch

>comparing handhelds to full-blown consoles
ever heard about the vita

4ds when?

>Vita lasted the same as 3DS

Surprising actually

Attached: 1518466270738.webm (852x480, 581K)

At first I thought my 3DS was a bad purchase but after installing cfw it became a million times better.
Too bad its dead but we had some good games out of it.

EA stopped trying making FIFA for portables.

Also, holy shit, someone translated the second Tingle game. DS is the stuff that keeps on giving. The first game is genuinely the best Zelda on the 21st century.

tingletranslation.blogspot.com/

The vita lasted just as long as the 3DS

RIP, a great handheld with a solid library (DS, GBA or Vita tier, above those 4 only the GOAT PSP)

what a faggoty webm

Aside from getting free games, how did cfw make it a million times better?

Only in Japan, but yeah.

Not him but the ability to emulate retro games is pretty nice

The smaller teams can just work on smaller games like Pushmo/Pullblox

It’s low bar let’s them focus on gameplay

That had a pretty nice side effect of it being perfect for pixel art and portable emulation at least

Vita is literally out of production now
They’re still making new 3ds’s

What does this image imply?

Not really
Most people barely played more than a demos worth for pirated games

Eh, just bind map pulling out to a button and you can do it from there (using the touchscreen if in handheld mode).

The 3ds has almost a year over the vita at this point in time.

No upcoming games for the 3DS, meaning support is greatly winding down.

why can't you keep the shirt

Just emulate them, it's way easier on your hands and eyes. That's what I did

Because you don't. It's a temporary item because reasons.

Which is the whole point of piracy

based ESL retard

Huh. I was under the impression there was at least some sort of commemorative bit to it, like maybe an icon on your character's profile or something.

>make you a while
Ruined a post in 1 word

>support is greatly winding down.
Winding down has been the last 2 years.
No upcoming games means support is over. Finished.

Fucking good, I love my 3DS but as far as I'm concerned Samus Returns might as well have been the last game released on it. Maybe Nintendo will stop downgrading GCN and Wii games and start thinking about actually putting that shit on Switch now.

No, the only thing spatfests give are these snail things that allow you to reroll gear abilities for free instead of paying the ingame currency to do it, you just get more depending on how well you did in the splatfest. You're forced to wear the t-shirt during the splatfest to make it so you basically have to rebuild one of your pieces of gear every time to balance it out somewhat, but the t-shirt is taken away as soon as the splatfest ends.

I only played Bowser's Inside Story on the 3DS so I'm glad they continued after Samus Returns.

>3DS still has a bunch of really great games I've yet to play
>don't want to play any of them now that the Switch is out because the entire time I'm just thinking "man I wish this were on the switch instead"

This sucks. I legit bought three 3DS games in the past month and I've yet to get more than two hours into all of them combined. I miss the 3DS being my go to handheld.

So switch miniature version coming real soon to replace it I take it?

Yeah probably before E3, October/November at the very latest.

completely opposite for me, I only play my switch on TV since it's so awkward to take it places, you basically need a special bag for it

nintendos official site is shit for this

doesn't even have PQ2 listed.
check Gfaqs, there are NO japanese games coming, so that is the TRUE sign of death in a console like the 3DS

I have a backpack that I keep my shit in for work, so I just keep it in one of the compartments, along with an extra set of joycon in case one of my coworkers wants to play some Mario Kart during lunch break. The portabllity definitely depends on what you're doing in your daily routine, if I had to drive to work every day I wouldn't even bother bringing it to play for 20~40 minutes during breaks at all, when the 3DS was just second nature to bring because why would I not bring it?

3DS can play regular ds games right? Might pick one up for the SMT games

well
at least he wouldn't have to follow a train...

Yup. It's very good for Atlus games.

Hope I could a find a very cheap one then thanks bro

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 266K)

man, imagine wanting a new version 1 vita in 2019....

Cheating. I smoke everyone in mario kart online

How does 3DS emulate these days? I wouldn't mind playing OoT, Majoras Mask and Pokemon upscaled

Nice, now port ALBW to Switch please.

>Vita outlives the 3DS

Attached: DkF_hysVAAIklcO.jpg (800x450, 55K)

F

Not quite up there with the DS for sheer variety of games but a solid effort nonetheless. Hundreds of hours of enjoyment and probably a few hundred more as I make my way through the last of my backlog. Got more than my money's worth several times over, take a long rest my friend.

>tfw for my 3ds's finale I'm going to beat KIU's boss rush on 9.0

The perfect ending. I've already reached the GST now I just gotta actually kill him.

It's about fucking time, the handheld-only Switch rumor is sounding truer.

Will definitely be missed. Switch is still a touch screen, so I guess it could technically work. But I feel like it would be too awkward.

Most of those games are more of the same shit we’ve been getting for years. New Yokai Watch is the only thing that could possibly make me want to get a switch

Is that Black Doom on her chest?

8 years is more than the current gen

Lasted too long. I never want to be held back by shitty hardware like the 3DS ever again.

S

Your circlepad was garbage and the library was crap. Thanks for having the worst pokemon game

Attached: 220px-The_Legend_of_Zelda_Spirit_Tracks_box_art.jpg (220x231, 24K)

>240p in 2019

Attached: f00803012e7b8f1dd9b377876cecb7baae675872_hq.gif (350x263, 959K)

I never got to play the 3DS, but i'll remember it fondly by making Switchfags seething over it back in 2017 when Switch was having content drought due to 3DS being more supported over it.

It's so hard to imagine Miyamoto just chilling and playing an indie game. Does he ever play on non-Nintendo platforms?

>but it's better this way since game development can focus on one platform instead of being divided, leading to more games.

Except that has yet to happen. 2018 was a drought year with only fucking Kirby coming out and 2019 is another deja vu moment with Yoshi. There are no fucking big name Switch games. Mobile is their new handheld. It's taking up spac, money and time. You are delusional if you think Switch is finally getting more manpower from the handheld division. It's not.

Attached: 1467794539580.png (720x528, 586K)

why does everyone act like the end of new games (there are still a few multiplats afaik coming out, listed on other sites) for it means it's gone? You can still go back and play it you know. I know there's people who put away or sell their old consoles and never play them again, only ever touching the newest stuff, but surely there's a few people here who will still play with it, right?
pls I don't want to be the only 3DS fan left

Any real gems for the 3DS?

Is golden sun ever going to make a comeback :(

I swear to fuck if Bravely 1 and 2 don't get dedicated Switch ports before 3 is announced...

Some people sell their games and consoles the moment they beat them/the console is no longer supported.

I'm with you though. If I have a console and it still works and can still play my favorite games on it, I'll do so when the mood strikes. With the 3DS in particular, there's still several games I never got around to buying that I'd still like to get my hands on eventually, and even just considering the ones I do have, I still revisit Wario Ware Gold frequently, for example.

>2018 was a drought year with only fucking Kirby coming out
Damn you're fucking stupid

Attached: 2018.png (1280x721, 559K)

Literally all I wanted besides Monster Hunter and Pokemon was Trauma Center Under the Knife 3DS and Meteos 3DS

Attached: 1543346368653.png (325x244, 75K)

>they never remade Wario Land from Virtual Boy for the system with 3D

Attached: 1527468567179.png (658x545, 26K)

Now I guess I'll have to wait for a clamshell Switch or at least some non-shitty third party snap-shut lid add-on.
I still play my 3DS.

Sweet, maybe I can finnaly pick up B&W2 for a good price now

this needs a major rehaul or replacement

Attached: 1527388227972.jpg (1497x5184, 3.23M)

Liberation Maiden was pretty underrated

Animal crossing

Attached: big_boss_salute_super.jpg (600x378, 20K)

Kid icarus uprising,probably the best game that uses all the functions of the 3ds albeit you might not like the controls.