SEKIRO HELP THREAD

Sekiro Help Thread, I'll start:

Hello again anons, it's the user who's been having input lag (and now, another) issues.

I'm playing on PC, with a wireless XB1 controller. 1060 card. Windowed mode. I have anywhere from 1/2 to 2/3 second input lag. Some notes on this:

>THIS IS ONLY HAPPENING IN SEKIRO, NOT ONE OF THE 387 OTHER STEAM GAMES i OWN EXPERIENCE INPUT LAG (including the Souls games and even Nioh - I just tested these out last week) - it's not the contoller
>I've tried several graphics options in Sekiro, no change
>I've tried a few options in nVidia Control Panel (like turning VSync OFF) - no change
>an user last week suggested changing resolution from 1440 to 1080, so I tried this - no change

One of the last things I tried actually fixed input lag: changing to fullscreen (again, via Sekiro). That worked. No input lag! However, going fullscreen has caused a completely different issue: I'm guessing due to the HDR mode that gets enabled in fullscreen, when I closed out of Sekiro I found that all my color setups on my desktop/windows were all jacked up. The color/contrast/brightness/gama/etc were aaaaall off, and I had to spend a good 20+min readjusting my color setup. After, just to be sure it was Sekiro and not some ghost nVidia update, I reopened Sekiro and closed it - all my colors were jacked up, again.

SO. I've been waiting patiently for a patch to drop, no luck. I've been posting here and other boards, no luck. I've been searching forums and posts all over the web for this issue, no luck. I'm not playing wired when I haven't had to for ANY other game, and I'm not playing in fullscreen when that jacks up my display. So, I'm boned.

If anyone else has had this experience, at least the PC input lag, and has genuine, actual help/advice, I'm all eyes. Otherwise I'm biding my time for a patch. And if one doesn't come (or it doesn't fix my issue(s)), I'm gonna bite the bullet and just got by a different version. In the meantime, I'm playing through Nioh.

Attached: 362564564.jpg (1200x514, 130K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.geforce.com/default/topic/966561/finally-a-fix-for-the-games-changing-the-color-profiles-/
gamerdvr.com/gamer/vantavia/video/72406691
youtu.be/g_HeUMgZfFc
youtu.be/L0GQ9SsIEqQ
youtu.be/bRLDpcpQzr8
youtu.be/sD__8ZwoKQ0
youtu.be/ahBsMjea59g
youtube.com/watch?v=AW9sZBLilQw
clips.twitch.tv/PunchyAdventurousMochaBudBlast
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Windowed mode
Well there's your problem

>One of the last things I tried actually fixed input lag: changing to fullscreen (again, via Sekiro). That worked. No input lag! However, going fullscreen has caused a completely different issue: I'm guessing due to the HDR mode that gets enabled in fullscreen, when I closed out of Sekiro I found that all my color setups on my desktop/windows were all jacked up. The color/contrast/brightness/gama/etc were aaaaall off, and I had to spend a good 20+min readjusting my color setup. After, just to be sure it was Sekiro and not some ghost nVidia update, I reopened Sekiro and closed it - all my colors were jacked up, again.

Attached: 18.gif (100x58, 22K)

How do I beat the apes second form?

Attached: 99936515.jpg (720x405, 53K)

That's a nvidia specific problem.

forums.geforce.com/default/topic/966561/finally-a-fix-for-the-games-changing-the-color-profiles-/

Patience and distance. Get used to the jump button and wait for him to give you an opening. He gives you a large one when he falls flat on his stupid fucking face

Deflect. When he does the BIG overhead hit, hit him twice and then use the spear prosthetic for extra damage.

I'm about to fight owl at the top of the castle
any advice

when he is on the ground you can aim the Spear prosthetic into the spot where his head once was and do massive posture damage
and by massive I mean you could break it in just 2 hits of the spear + hits form your sword

ask daddy for his cummies

:(

Attached: w.png (1234x682, 1.78M)

here
I fucking did it bros. I'm so happy.

Attached: 20190402190441_1.jpg (1920x1080, 394K)

Why is the interior ministry so damn fashionable?

Attached: InteriorMinistryEnemy.png (685x989, 741K)

>been playing for 12 hours
>just found out you can run
I beat Lady Butterfly without running and she wasn't even that tough.

Attached: 1474591553443.gif (250x188, 554K)

>I have anywhere from 1/2 to 2/3 second input lag.
How the hell can you even tell that? Are you autistic or something?

I found the most cheesy possible strat for Seven Spears which has zero risk to you. While the R1+axe combo works, you run the risk of the other enemies running into the fight and who the fuck wants to deal with clearing them out every time? So I found this.

If you lead him up the stairs then hop off, let him do some attacks and time it properly you can just ledge hang and he won't attack you. From there you just need to go back and forth a bit until he gets himself into this corner. Then he will stand there and do nothing at all, letting you stab him to death. Takes maybe 5 min.

I resorted to this after being flung off the cliff by him too many times right when I was about to break his final posture, or some faggot getting alerted and running in and ruining it.

Attached: Untitled.png (1176x1015, 1.51M)

She's really not and I'm surprised by the people who took 100 tries to beat her or whatever. The game tells you what to do beforehand. Just dodge, hit, dodge over and over.

He's been kicking my ass and I feel like I shouldn't have this much trouble. I'm not very good at the game but still. I have such a problem countering lunges with that michi stance or whatever.

uh... no? Can... can you not press a fucking button and educated-guess the time it takes from the press to the action? Doesn't take an autist to perceive this, faggot.

Attached: 1408606593946.gif (245x320, 538K)

He isn't easy and the area he's in makes it harder. I found a decent strat of stunning him by jumping into his face over and over since he's weak to that, but he likes to do an overhead swing that would just vault me off the cliff like I said. Beyond that, he is Mikiri counterable but you have to follow up with instant deflecting to get like 2 or 3 hits from it.

Overall he hits way too hard and the amount of obnoxious fodder around him make the fight perilous, plus it's absurd to have to kill ALL of those guys before just getting to the midboss himself. It's just not a very well designed area. Same as Lone Shadow Longswordsman and his crazy camera cave.

NG+2 Owl 2 is like destroying my ass so hard. Should I just make a new character because good lord my dps is so low its unreal. What's a reasonable strength for me to be at for this fight.

>Doesn't take an autist to perceive this
Uhh, yes it does. What kind of autist actually times his button presses? Huurr that's 1/3 of second slower than usual Durr
Also, don't call me a faggot. You're a faggot, faggot.

Attached: 4565e530177d1922c80c64cca604ef57.jpg (400x287, 17K)

Not him, but 2/3 of a second is noticeable as fuck. That's bordering on RDR2 input lag kind of bad.

Finally beat blazing bull. Didn't realize parrying his forward attack gave you free hits. Though disappointed that a large part of the battle was managing the camera.

>Just dodge, hit, dodge over and over.
The wind-up of the counter-attack scares me if an enemy has combos of any kind. Gonna try this.

Why is Corrupted Monk so much easier than O'Rin?

Yeah, the cliff isn't a very good arena and I'm running into some pretty gay camera problems. I've had really good luck with completely blasting by all the enemies in that area and going along the cliffside to the shrine behind him. Those Spears man...fuck. I'll try what you suggested though. Thanks bud.

Lady Butterfly is a pushover. It might take a couple tries to get the exact timing down but all I did the entire fight was hit her once, dodge to the left at her, hit, dodge to the left at her. If done correctly you'll see her start to try an attack but she'll be stunned out of it.

If she manages to break away just hide behind a pillar to avoid the thrown spears.

When she does her illusion children just run around the room in a circle jumping to avoid the tracking lights. Then get her back into the dodge+hit stunlock.

Firecrackers worked really well against the bull too. He kept missing the two assholes in front of his shed so I kept having to balance him and the two other guys.

I beat the chained ogre but I don't know if keep going or do the hinata part and beat the 2 bosses there what should I do? does it change the story somehow?

did it earlier today too, congrats bro

Attached: 20190402165934_1.jpg (1280x720, 378K)

You should do do the castle until you beat horse guy. Then switch to estate and finish it.

You can bait the two guys. First just run close enough for the sword guy to notice you, then crouch to lure him to you without alerting spear-guy. Shuriken the spear guy (there's a small opening to the left you can hit him through).

Just hit the drunk guy in the flashback estate. Any advice for him or clearing out the guards around him? I know the samurai nearby should be saved for after I've gotten one deathblow off.

Also, does Mr Tengu have other jobs for me later on? Not sure how often I should be going back to visit him.

Also, any combat styles worth focusing on right now? I have the one you get first, the prosthetic one, and the asaka one tengu man gave me.

>when you finally give kuro the protecc

Attached: kkkk.jpg (750x563, 86K)

>drunk guy
You can sneak through the left hallway and kill off the shield guys. Just pick them off before going after him.

>Also, any combat styles worth focusing on right now?
Mikiri counter.

Kuro is my cute little transitioning cinnamon roll and there's nothing you can do about it :3

Attached: kuro.png (1164x1920, 558K)

post yfw you realized reviving made the people around you sick

Can they die if you do it enough?

Attached: 1553012197933.jpg (500x490, 48K)

Alright guys i collected all the ingredients for the incent and have the aroma and Kuro instrcuted me to go to the cave after corrupted monk.

Is there anything i need to do or see before i head off?
I assume once i go i cant come back till after final boss is beaten.

Is there anything in the hall of illusions where you figth the four monkeys?
It seems like theres more to that area since it lets you go back.

Literally stealth kill the niggers one by one, vanish when they give chase then come back. Kill the archers first. You can also use the building in the left to lure them, then jump out and kill the ones that stay in the courtyard. It's not that difficult really.

When he's alone he's an easy boss. Oil + Fire stuns him and disables his posture recovery, after that just parry everything and get a hit during his recovery. Back up to empty your posture bar if it gets filled.

>Any advice for him or clearing out the guards around him?
Go into the building on left and kill those two guys in there, then go forwards and stealth kill one the shield guys. From there just try to get rest separated and not bunched near each while fighting.

Kuro is literally 10 years old.

lads, what triggers the attack on ashine city? I've just got both fruits, and I'm wondering when it happens. is it when you kill a certain boss, or?

For me it was picking up the pink stone

Oh. I get it. At first I actually took this seriously. Then I realized you were trolling me. Ha ha, good one, user.

After all, who could be this fucking stupid, faggot?

And you are on Yea Forums so I don't get why you're surprised at finding turbo-faggots like him.

Kuro, more like Kuso!

Attached: 1554191261974.png (287x346, 88K)

Boy I love when 90% of a boss's difficulty comes from the shitty camera/lock on not working right or the environment!

>relying on strength grind
>sekiro
Good luck user, you'll need it.

lol pc master race huh?

Transitioning can begin at any age

Check 's post. Then do exactly the opposite. Just sit there and deflect every sword swing, whenever you deflect them (read: deflect, not just block) he'll go into a vertical swing that when deflected makes him fall over. Then hit him or pull his centipede out with the right prosthetic tool (you should be able to figure out which one). Be careful with the screams. He tends to scream right after a big damage window so be ready to sprint away from it.

Attached: maiden in black 2.jpg (600x600, 25K)

Yes.

I started Sekiro awhile ago and I ran into Dragonrot
Is it a problem in for the story or the ending you can get or is it just a gameplay gimmick?
I have already developed a cure for it and gave it to the statue guy but I don't know if it will impact the ending even if I cured it or it resurfaces even if you can heal it

Attached: 1416165065032.png (411x495, 256K)

I have 17 vitality and 7 attack power.
Should i stop upgrading myself casue im afradi if i keep goin it will make the game much easier.

I have 2 memory to upgrade my attack and i prayer bead for more vitaily,but i think i should save them unless there is no point in doing so

Attached: 1551803534757.jpg (720x405, 31K)

Fireworks to heal, use the windows during the Dr buff grenade and the double shuriken/leap to deal vitality dmg and then just deflect when his health is down to ~50%. ez deathblows. It took me a few days

>Ashina keeps using dark arts to generate those hulking brutes, red eye soldiers and other fuckery
>The Ministry utterly destroys Ashina with just good warriors
>You can even see some of the Ashina brutes crying

>transitioning
Feminine penis are better than whatever monstrosity is created afterwards.

Don't worry,the last boss will still rearrange your shithole

Game is a fucking breeze once you memorize the boss patterns. Just beat Isshin, 10th try, but took no damage in his last phase

It's basically a flavor mechanic. It keeps NPC quests from progressing and makes you feel bad, but it's useless beyond this. Just cure it after a big boss grind or whatever. You get a fair supply of the curing items.

I've been hit by the Guardian Ape's grab attacks an embarrassing amount of times

It does look like just a further challenge for the game
I really hope it doesn't impact the ending

Dragon good droplets are fairly plentiful - something like 6-10 in the game? And it takes a lot of deaths to advance Dragonrot. More over, it actually has no effect. All it.does is prevent advancing that particular NPCs side quest. It will never affect anyone important to the endings. It's pure pysche out

Oh, is that why there are so many sumo tards in the game? No wonder Isshin doesn't wanna save his own country

Well I finally beat Statutory Ape earlier, it was an ordeal that left my hands twitching but I did it. Now I'm drinking cheap sake while pondering my next move. I might go kill Shichimen Warrior, I got off one of his dots but I only had 1 divine covfefe, can I farm that shit?
here's how I did it. The item usage is optional, I just wanted every advantage
gamerdvr.com/gamer/vantavia/video/72406691

Attached: drinking demon.gif (500x260, 1.07M)

It doesn't

How many of these fuckers are in this game?

Attached: fucktard.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

I just started on ng+ after doing the immortal severance ending, which ending should I do next

Blue Samurai in Ashina Castle drop confetti as a rare

>It's pure pysche out
I thought so as well, but it keeps you going on by scaring you like that and it's probably fitting with the game

>Ashina has undying centipede hosts, crazy monks, gunfighters, a giant ape and his wife, a literal demon, a fucking dragon, energy sucking being and some other shit
>A bunch of regular ass but highly trained warriors with military grade stuff can still give them trouble

They're raised on Persimmons, Ashina Persimmons have mystical qualities because they grow being irrigated by the waters that flow from the Fountainhead (that's why they give you posture regen gameplay-wise). It's implied this is why those hulking sumo guys exist. They're called the Taro Troop.

When you die do you get the items back you used during the fight or did I just have so much saved up that I thought that was happening?

Six I think
One for each sugar

Well consider: during the course of the game YOU PERSONALLY kill most of those things. YOU are the reason the central army can finally invade, as you disable Ashinas defenses and kill it's best warriors

HDR is buggy in Sekiro
DigitalFoundry mentioned it in their PC version video

Noted, thanks. I have plenty of those item drop buffs so I'll do a few runs through Ashina Castle in a minute

>They're called the Taro Troop.
Is taro Nippon for persimmons?

So, I've gotten up to Genichiro, and all the way up to Sepukku Temple but the monk won't help me yet. I still have progress to make in Ashina Depths, should I keep going or keep dying to Genichiro's second phase?

You do not get items back no

No idea what it means. I just figured out they were called the Taro Troop because of the surgeon's dialogue and the description of the unique Persimmon Kotaro gives you.

Latter

I hate Juzou the Drunkard, I am doing a NG+3 Bell Demon+Kuro's Charm run and I still haven't gotten the hang of his attacks to deflect them 100% of the time, and to study his moveset I need to kill the 2000 adds he has every time. He also kills me in one hit, any tips? No I won't de-aggro him.

I'm seriously tempted to buy the game on PC and Cheat Engine my way passed Great Shinobi Owl. The game is literally - literally - cheating to keep me from beating him. Never once did I fight an enemy and have L1 act this unresponsive before. I will literally mash L1 to start the fight and Sekiro won't move at all. It's complete horseshit.

Dammit, guess I'm doing a no item run. Never going to be able to justify using them now.

They're pretty hard to fight the "right way" and deflect them, but they can be cheesed pretty hard by just standing in and out of his range and punishing his attacks.

Where's the 6th one? I know there's one in that cave early game, three underwater and one in the florest.

>I'm guessing due to the HDR mode that gets enabled in fullscreen, when I closed out of Sekiro I found that all my color setups on my desktop/windows were all jacked up.

What? HDR mode doesnt activate on its own, and you can turn it back off if its on. It wont mess with your computers color settings, I know because my Sekiro doesnt do it, and I play with HDR. If that is happening, its an issue with your display.

There's 5.

You dont need to be able to run to beat lady butterfly. She can be cheesed, I beat her first try.

Dodge and immediate slash, repeatedly, will cheese her. She gets stunlocked.

Anybody else struggle more with the minibosses than the actual bosses?

You can't progress fully through Sunken valley/gunfort or Senpou temple until you beat Genichiro, no. However, going as far as you can, and also going all the way thru Ashina Depths/Mibu Village is great for exp and beads. You can also finish Ashina depths though O'Rin and Corrupted Monk may filter you hard.

>Finally beat blazing bull. Didn't realize parrying his forward attack gave you free hits. Though disappointed that a large part of the battle was managing the camera.

You idiots seriously overthink this game. Blazing bull is easy. You lock on, and run to avoid his charge, firecracker and slash, if you run out of firecracker just slash.

>transitioning
No, trannies are all disgusting trash. Cute pure boys who stay boys are better.

Float like a butterfly sting like a bee. You're dex vs str, don't fucking stand there and trade blows. Let him over extend then punish him with nightjar slash or spear. You're SUPPOSED to flit around like an annoying cunt you're a goddamn ninja

no they cant die, it just blocks dialogue. theres really no reason to cure them, but curing them is really easy.

>it's an issue between Sekiro and nVidia

So I'm fully at the endgame, got all my shit done, except these Headless/Setchimen guys.

Are they all supposed to be beaten on a first playthrough?
I haven't even attempted one since the beginning of the game.

its really only buggy in that you need to alt tab out and back in for it to actually work. beyond that it functions fine.

>tfw it finally clicks
I am finally gitting gud, lads

Attached: 1506741101367.jpg (797x876, 136K)

The only thing that disappoint me in this game, truly, is the music. The battle music that plays is always the same. I just wish there was a bit of variety. There isn't one memorable track for me so far.

thats probably true, thats what you get for buying nshittia

Confetti or Blu Flane Thrower is your friend.

For the headless, at least the first one - avoid his attacks and punish, parry will just build terror. When he vanishes immediately turn around and attack behind yourself, you'll get 2-3 good whacks in

parry doesn't build terror and it's the most effective way of avoiding damage. Only blocking builds terror.

I just beat the chichiman or whatever the fuck they are called in the cave underground.

If you throw on a confetti and just hammer away, avoiding his orbs when you need to they are pretty easy.

Apparently you can spam the aerial deathblow to make the fights basically pointless but I couldnt get it to proc even once on this dudes. But, jumping is still OP because it seems to stagger everyone if you jump, attack, and land you can get two more attacks before they block, typically.

I wish you could carry more spirit emblem. 17 or whatever the max is +5 from tanto for a huge chunk of health isn't enough

Yeah the combat music should not fucking activate for minor encounters. Just bosses and minibosses, and maybe if you engage 5 dudes at a time. And the deathblow sound is waaaaaay too fucking loud for something you hear constantly.

Demon of Hatred is a trash boss

youtu.be/g_HeUMgZfFc

Attached: EWLYnSxXVUCwgxy12nx2naAUJL45754mPiLSoBI8vfw.jpg (608x767, 52K)

>guardian ape second phase
>deflect anything he throws at me
>get fucked up by his big tard smashing where he smashes down two times in a row even though I'm deflecting
I seriously don't get that pattern. Dosen't even help to spam L1.

Immortal Severance > Purification > Shura > Return
don't @ me

Attached: sekiro severance.jpg (1920x1080, 111K)

About to try for the second night. Give me strength, sensei.

>stealth kill an enemy
>SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING
>orchestra blares

Attached: 1535514444595.png (289x343, 14K)

They're easy with the divine confetti and the purple gourd.

An image for a killer who found his blade

Attached: 658E82D3-ABC0-43A9-9B1E-A2DB61E6CBE8.jpg (1041x767, 146K)

>stealth kill an enemy
>subwoofer flies across the room from bass

Its really necessary. The first couple times you do it it jacks you up but after the 500th time its really fucking annoying because I have to find a balance between the game volume and immersing myself in the atmospheric sound and that stupid noise.

after going through the entire game once I still don't know how to get into this room, it's the door right after chained ogre

Attached: 20190402215336_1.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

You can get around near the Headless cave. There's a tiny passage that leads to the outside where you can get over to the side of the castle.

>not phantom kunai
>mfw

Attached: 54194723_457351051670682_379916305739808768_n.jpg (480x635, 18K)

where do I go after the castle gets invaded again? I found Demon of Hatred but I can't find progress. I know I'm trying to get to the reservoir

Attached: 1465839047673.png (881x1217, 1.15M)

>right after chained ogre
Fuck. I know what you're talking about but I'm awful at describing it. basically the way to that door is near where the cave headless is. But keep going straight it'll lead you outside and to that area where the door is

Access is through the first Headless' cave.

Ended up backstabbing him "by mistake" because he lost aggro for some reason while I was being chased by the adds. I died like 5 times to him and ended up with Dragonrot but killed Lady Butterfly first try, definitely not an honest boss, taking huge chunks of HP and dealing tons of posture damage would be ok if not for the gay adds.

Are my ears retarded, or is there a wolf snarl mixed into the sound effect when you successfully counter a thrust?

Swim through the moat by the main idol out front.
You're headed to the door from the tutorial.

OP have you solved it yet

What's this about the villages offering virgin brides to marry the great serpent all about

Where do I fight Owl 2? I see people talking about it in these threads but I'm already fighting Demon and Isshin so I think I might've missed it.

Attached: 1525369141645.png (284x396, 239K)

>beat demon. wolf doesn't say anything, old lady implies wolf doesn't know who it was and says it's better to keep it that way
>watch pat beat demon. wolf says farewell to the demon
what did I do wrong?

You did.

it's part of one of the endings
you have to go back to the memory after emma reluctantly gives you a new memory bell that has new enemies

You have to eavesdrop a few people and follow a quest. You'll have to do it in NG+ or start over.

>old lady
who

>serpent breaks bridge
>half his body is in the water
>i can attack it
>do so for 30 minutes
>nothing happens

You disappoint me from software.

the nun inside the castle where tengu isshin was

Try being a fucking assassin instead of a monkey with a sword

>get memory bell
>beat hirata section
>just got past gunfort
>memory mechanic still hasnt returned yet
i feel like im missing something

>thinking your puny katana can pierce snake god's scales
Dumbass

OK, yeah i only got a few eavesdrops. and emma won't even take my dragonspring sake. i guess i don't mind doing it again in NG+ since i'm enjoying the game so much.

>an assassin wouldnt take advantage of the giant snake leaving its body exposed in the water where he is safe from being struck

k

Be patient and listen to I still haven't beaten him, but I'm getting closer using this strategy. Plus I use the Mist Raven to help me get his vitality down faster.

I can't beat Orin or the monk. They both just seem like a grind.

what NPC questlines are worthwhile? some of them cancel each other out.

When you hit him it sprays blood and he recoils.

lads I'm in Asina depths, in the mist forest, at the house where you can hear some kind of flute, how the fuck do I get in...?

>Orin
Have you tried deflecting

>He baffled Ashina by continuing to live.

is beating the Demon of Hatred required for any of the endings?

Attached: 1481362125743.jpg (504x470, 98K)

No, he's just for fun.

There's only 2 non main story related quests with branching paths, kotaro and jinz,(3 if you count practice dummy undead) that I've found so far. Can anyone tell me if there's more?

Nope, totally optional

Monk is pretty easy to cheese. Just bait the jump attack and dash to its side. Hit twice and repeat. You can also get a hit in after the 4 swing combo. It takes a while, but its necessary because her posture refills so quickly.

The only reason(besides fun) you need to beat him is if you want all the lazulites upgrades within 2 plays. Gotta go 3 plays if you don't kill him I think.

You can also perma stun her with snap seeds, firecrackers and pocket sand.

Nope. Still trying various ideas/tweaks/etc but still having the same issues. And still, no patch. Guessing this isn't a wide-spread issue enough for a patch tho, especially since I still can't find any help for it, neither here or anywhere else on the webs.

found it, thanks bros

If you are looking at the house straight on from where the door is in the front, you need to go almost directly left, there is a branch above you can grapple too which leads to a miniboss and the path to get on top of that house.

Also for Orin jump on her head before you start the fight and backstab her to take a life off.

There's one passed the serpent shrine in a pool of water near those pyramids.

Got a link?

thanks pal

how do I fight owl, I can deflect everything but he does a lot of posture damage and I cant recover it fast enough (even while blocking)

Woah. What the fuck... was the Mist Noble? It was like a little fucking alien? What the fuck?

failed Kos experiment

Keep your HP high as posture regen rate is based on it. Ichimonji after he does the overhead slam for instant posture regen.

If your posture goes up you're not parrying properly.

on my computer, when I plug in my dualshock 4 controller, it isnt recognized by the game

i tried going into steam big picture mode, set up my controller and enabled the PS4 controller settings for it, and when I launch sekiro, it gives me a permanent black screen. the game loads up fine when i try only kb+m. there is something about plugging in and trying to use the controller..

in contrast, pcsx2, invented by the youthful virgins of philadelphia in their basements, immediately recognizes my controller when i plug it in and use it.

imagining this is just a me problem?

Attached: 1536621298158.png (640x769, 475K)

>He didn't know Sekiro was a BB prequel

Can I do anything to the boss in the abandoned dungeon or the headless boss in the outskirts? Should I try them later?

You're posture still goes up if you parry. Just less.

Divine Confetti.

dont try to mikiri counter seven spears. just deflect. the timing is much more forgiving. this goes for all thrust attacks until you get better at timing your b/circle presses.

I was unironically, just thinking that user. Love it when the souls series goes fucking alien out of nowhere. That was great in BB, just out of fucking nowhere, IT WAS ALIENS. it ACTUALLY WAS ALIENS.

It doesn't do that here in Sekiro, does it?

>Bell+Kuro's Charm Snake Eyes
Holy fucking shit I hate this game.

I only have one of that though and both have the fear abnormality

thanks, I completely forgot about that art.
posture still goes up after deflecting

What are you talking about mikiri timings are easier than deflect timings.

Wait a minute, he has a left hand?

Attached: 1554165879150.png (1920x1080, 3.3M)

Not that user but with Seven Spears he has that annoying counter to your mikiri counter and it doesn't actually stun him. You have to counter him then deflect. It's messy. On everyone else, yes, just mikiri.

Where can I pirate this game?

>both hardmode debuffs
>Owl 1
holy fuck this guy is ridiculously hard, the game with these debuffs has been not that bad, pretty fun so far but this guy is insane. please send help. the biggest problem I'm having is posture management, I know to use ichimonji but there aren't frequent enough openings to use it, and he keeps hitting me with that instant kick that fills like half your posture... what do I do??

Attached: 1369367789403.jpg (238x279, 8K)

They all do, they just use the right one to flex on you.

You can farm it off the noble samurai in Ashina Castle. Other than that you get a weapon later on in the story that will work iirc

Currently fighting owl in ashina castle. How far am i from the end? im loving this and really hope theres more to come, but i feel like ive explored every zone

There's 1 zone left and a couple existing zones will get new phases

How do I beat Headless? I'm using Pacifying Agent and Confetti, but he still wrecks my shit. Yes I'm using purple umbrella.

About 75% done I think.

wow wish I did that sidequest the first time

Attached: 20190402223818_1.jpg (1280x720, 133K)

Parry the slowest most telegraphed attack in the game.

Alright thanks I'll try it out

You git gud, there's nothing more at that point, remember that even if you're slowed down you can jump away to evade him. Bait his attacks and wail on him.

Purple umbrella + spear

How do i invade?

There are some optional bosses left. Don't forget to read the purification ending guide not to miss out on a great boss battle. You can also do the bad ending after you beat the game to fight two more bosses

Insert disc of a game that isn't sekiro

FUCK THE FUCKING CHAIN OGRE STOP GRABBING ME YOU NIGGER AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Attached: 1527289380425.jpg (461x507, 152K)

just dodge to the side or jump away

>that mass grave nearby
It hit me, man.

Terror still builds up too quickly.

Jumping still works at regular speed?

grapple jump away, nig

love the way the time of day changes as you progress through the game

Attached: 1554071362136.jpg (372x521, 97K)

When he does that jumping grab I can never get away unless im already far, i always dodge left.

>people unironically use the umbrella prosthetic
I thought shields were for souls casuals

It doesn't but it's still faster than walking.

>loading screen tells you enemies are more dangerous in Twilight
>think maybe there will be some cool Bloodborne-like twist because of it
>nope it's only the last portion of the game and you can't even go back to some of the areas before since they're on fire now

Attached: pudu.png (254x249, 156K)

just sprint backwards and jump, works every time against any grab in the game regardless of positioning

But this one is good because when you parry projectiles you get a nice attack followup.

The attack from it is really fun.

What sins did miyazaki have to commit to let activision publish a game with 0 microtransaction BS?

did you try the link that other user posted?

nope, thank god
fuck that shit boss
worst fucking enemy in the game

The fact that in 2019 what an activision-published AAA game with 90+ metacritic score looks like is Sekiro makes me feel a lot better about the current state of video games

>Tfw missed the flame vent and the axe
Am i retarded?

How did it sell though? I really hope things like this become more common place again

Killed him, but he didn't drop a damn Prayer Bead. The only reason I needed to kill him was to make another necklace so Owl would stop pushing my shit in. Does Shichiman drop one?

It isn't Activision's IP, but FromSoftware's.

Not yet. I'm at work. Will try those (several) steps later. I have my doubts tho, had another user a few days ago post a link to a thorough nvidia thing to try - an hour (and a rollback...) later, no dice.

Headless enemies don't drop prayer beads

they cut a lot of the game, and it's quite short. they're going to get us in DLC. 100%

this is a fantastic game, but it doesn't have even half as much content as a souls game. that, is where activsion came in.

I missed the flame vent too 'cause it's kinda hard to see, but the axe you'd have to not explore at all to miss m8

Attached: gfawlc60mzn21.jpg (2560x1440, 161K)

You sprint more than you block in that fight. Just like Headed Ape

I wish I had known that. Oh well I guess I'll just ignore the rest.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

you are delusional, please kys.

>Those assholes try to kill you
>Later on Ashina gets invaded
>They beg you to save Ashina

Attached: IMG_2136.jpg (255x383, 24K)

How do you not? The game forces you to go find him

>never played any souls games before
>beat a sekiro boss I have having lot of trouble with
>feel actual joy and couldn't stop myself from trying to tbag as there are no emotes/gestures even though I know it's childish
is this weird

Attached: nervousheavy.jpg (236x226, 9K)

>died with 10% health on the last phase

Attached: 1524255581268.gif (286x229, 167K)

I don't think it does, didn't' my first run anyway

>nope, thank god
Owl 2 fucking exists and this piece of shit is way harder than Demon of Hatred. Thank god this game is over and I won't need to fight all of the bosses again, what a nightmare. And that's coming from a person who enjoys replaying Bloodborne DLC just for fun

>stuck on a boss for 5 hours
>say fuck it and alt+f4, kinda mad
>come back after sleeping
>first try him while only using 1 healing item
that's the joy of the games.

Attached: 1417291092522.png (239x312, 111K)

WAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Maybe it's harder but at least it's fun. Even Isshin is harder than Demon, but any fight you can parry and it's not just a Dark Souls boss is way more fun.

>bloodborne dlc just for fun
seriously?
literally every single boss in that dlc is complete shit. literally the entirety of the dlc is carried by the ludwig soundtrack. if that piece of music didnt exist people wouldnt like the dlc half as much as they do.

That's Souls for ya

I killed the 3rd phase without dying in my first try. Honestly the 2nd phase is gayer since he can shoot homing missiles at you. 3rd phase adds another perilous attack that needs you to jump twice. And his other one just repeats one more time.

Attached: sekiro 2019.04.02 - 19.17.16.02.DVR.webm (1280x720, 2.98M)

Honestly stoner culture makes no sense to me since that shit is so weak compared to the high I get from games like this.

Fuck you, this DLC is a masterpiece. Every area is great, Ludwig is the best Souls boss

>Teabagging
>Not crouching then spinning in circles above their corpses

holy shit

why does Kuro look like girl

This fight gets a lot of hate but admittedly it looks beautiful, especially third phase ring of fire and special attacks.

there are some sick ninja battles on the rooftops

I actually had gotten him to his third phase only using one gourd and not dying, and I just completely choked it. It honestly feels like you're punished for doing too well early because then you don't get those backup lives from deathblows.

>Even Isshin is harder than Demon
>even
SS Isshin is the hardest fight in the game and old Isshin is a close second

She doesn...I meant, he doesnt!

Delet this

Prob some Mulan shit of girl pretending to be a boi because reasons

please help. I hate how every time I swing my sword I "trade" with the boss and lose over half my health

It's true though my dude. Game is a lot shorter than the souls games. Doesn't make it bad, though.

I actually play this game on DUDE since I have asbergers and it helps me pump the brakes on my rampant train of thought. I see it as a sort of 'battle incense' that I use to enter a parrying trance.
Not to mention bosskill high + weed high = borderline orgasm

Why would anyone do drugs when they could just mow a lawn?

The German dub doesn't even attempt to sound like a boy lmao

just beat Sword Jesus. I really hope you guys didnt cheat and use lightning on him

Attached: 8FAAC18FAAB18FABA48FABD38FAAB15BA7C03F3F2339_045.jpg (705x1165, 343K)

Just don't stop to attack and un the second phase interrupt they posture recuperation with a shuriken. I fucked up in My vĂ­deo

youtu.be/L0GQ9SsIEqQ

I didn't have trouble with any of the bosses except for the last ones, and I still clocked in around 40 something hours on first playthrough.

SMOL B O I

Attached: 1554214858264.png (472x498, 325K)

Literally just dodge imho, Owl is super easy once you experiment with different strats and realize you can simply dodge through most of his stuff for massive free openings

>Doing ninja shit, having a swordfight on top of a kickass gook castle
>Cut down a bunch of faggot tengu like a fucking G
>Have headphones at max volume with surround sound
>Muffled "wwwoooooooo" behind me in the distance
>The fuck? Turn around and look
>Bird man approaching at 2000mph, his cry swelling into a Ric Flair-esque crescendo
>Oh shit this guy's coming to attack me, better parry
>9/11.webm
>Fly off the roof like a fucking power rangers villain into the bottomless abyss below

Based FromSoft, masterfully trolled.

>Install game
>Play up to the first area
>There's like 8 dudes walking around and some huge fag with a mallet
>Malletfag does that stupid shit all big enemies in Souls games do where they hold their attack for a while and magically spin on the spot to hit you
>Gotta stealth around to kill them
>Stealth
>S T E A L T H
And I'm done. Fuck stealth.

Attached: 1534510543229.jpg (600x800, 55K)

git gud

is the currency called Sen in this game? or is that the xp?

>Game is a lot shorter than the souls games
I'd say it's about the same lenght which is ~30 hours. Demon's Souls and Bloodborne are even shorter. Dark Souls 2 is the longest because it just has so much content

The only opening I can see in his first phase without playing a regular aggressive parry game is his air attack, which he doesn't do that often. I beat him on NG by doing the dodge meme and it took 10 minutes, rather not have a 15-20 minute fight fishing for openings

Yeah I was expecting some sort of Nioh esque Revenant mother fucker who shows up at night and can beat the shit out of you. Instead its simple katana ghosts

It's the currency. XP is XP

You don't have to stealth to kill anything in this game. Have you even tried not being a shitter?

>suck at game and can't beat him
>have option to stealth
>this enrages the autist
Why?

I dunno famalam, I just ran in there and immediately got surrounded by like 5 assholes. What's worse is you can't even see where enemies are cause everything is the same damn shade of gray.

Now imagine Owl 2

Attached: 1517671396747.gif (195x229, 1.29M)

>the fucking merchant in ashina is this game's patches
>wears a fucking eye patch
Fuck you miyazaki

>picture
LMAO

Androgyny/hermaphroditism are characteristics of divinity in Eastern belief systems.

What's a good way of dealing with those faggot tengu ninjas?

Attached: 1474436460794.jpg (600x456, 29K)

>>suck at game and can't beat him
I did beat him, I just didn't have fun in the process.

In fact, I haven't had any fun with this game at all so far.

33 hours here.

I have 1005 antidote powders. You telling me storage goes up to 9999?

It's not Patches, it's Majima. Also I like to imagine that Patches is actually one of the pot guys in this game. The one who wants to become a carp

I haven't even fought him yet cause I got the severance ending first time around. I'm already scared, Owl was like 10x harder than any other boss for me. I'd rather fight demon of hatred

So what the fuck was the point of turning over that samurai guy to the surgeon? I killed the two red-eye guys. Was that the end of that questline?

I actually managed to fall out of the world in this game. Glad I caught it on video.

When owl kick you and throw the shuriken, you Mustang deflect the kick and Dodge forward and 1 or 2 hits

Owl 2 is like 5 times harder than Owl 1.
>I'd rather fight demon of hatred
True, people always meme about how he is the hardest shit ever but for me he was easier than Owl 2
>severance ending
That's the shittiest ending ever

For me owl 2 is more easy, because they hit with the kanji attacks.

It's literally patches.
>Only bald npc
>Graverobber
>has a fucking eye patch
>his final advice gets you killed

When he does the diagonal rushing slash you can dodge through it and get a couple hits on him. In his second phase this move always leads in to him attempting the anti-heal bomb if you haven't proc'd it yet, so it's a generous window. This is opposed to the straight rushing slash, which he will always follow with an attack.

yeah he's much more counterable. and the flame sweep into thrust is so satisfying to mikiri

That cat's face looks like a mustached samurai helmet lol

Learn to deflect

youtu.be/bRLDpcpQzr8

Bait his retarded four stab combo, run in from the right during the last stab and slash him twice.

Repeat.

I played without a guide and even found both of the snake hearts as well as the item in the pond that triggers rice girl's storyline, talked a billion times to that rice girl but she never gave me the prompt to start her quest line until after I had beaten sword saint.

Has anyone drawn Sekiro with Kuro but it's Kuro from Prisma Illya?

The only problem is the hitbox of the sword, is crazy (look how i die)

youtu.be/sD__8ZwoKQ0

attack until they deflect. deflect their attack and keep at it. out of that they can a do big jump kick into sweep or 4 steady kicks into counterable thrust-kick

How to beat Ape?

You need the fruit, Kitaro give it

Having trouble with Genichiro Forma Camino Tomoe, but its doable atm

>talked a billion times to that rice girl but she never gave me the prompt to start her quest line
what a bitch

Fuck me. Did anyone else find the snake eyes bitch before the gun fort hard? I only found two openings to get hits in and shes such an annoying sponge that I just ended up cliff cheesing her.

I didn't get that but I fed her a regular persimmon halfway through the game, and after the final boss she ended up giving me the cold tears and everything, but it was too late since I already had an ending

Snake eyes mini bosses are fucking bullshit, straight up the most annoying enemies in the entire game

The wiki says the Pot Nobles were the only ones with Miyazaki's involvement, and that he wanted them to be the trickster merchants like Patches was. Depends on how much you trust Fextralife though.

Use the upgraded spear on his neck hole, trust me.

it's a pretty long sword. i dont see anything wrong with that. but underestimating its reach has gotten me killed a few times

So, I'm probably an idiot here, but why can you grapple the chained ogre? I couldn't figure out what you follow it up with, but I kept getting the prompt so I would do it. Is there any benefit to this?

It's a speedrunning trick used to skip to the Folding Screen Monkeys. I've been messing around with it too but waiting for a full minute before the game decides to kill you off is a bore.

Demon of Hatred took me the most tries out of anything in the game, about 3 hours retrying him
Killed him on my second attempt on NG+2 and first on NG+3, pretty fun boss to be honest

>esto es el fin, genichiro

Yep.

i didnt have a hard time but i play really defensively

everyone i saw getting rekt by her tried to open up aggression RIGHT as she did her super-quick swipe

snake eyes is practically an o'rin fight, parry more than attack

you stun it for a second and if you have grapple attack you can get hits from that. also if he ever throws you after a grab and smash, you can actually grapple back to him if you spam LT while in the air.

There's a skill you can get that will let you attack after grappling. Other than that it's extremely helpful if he tries to throw you off the cliff, you can just grapple back.

>tfw no memory to save armored warriors son

>Bell+Charm Rape Ape
Tips? This is the first time this piece of shit has killed me, can't even get to second phase which I always found easier anyways.

Hit two times, wait for her super armor attack, deflect that, then repeat from step 1.
If she tries to grab you, just jump back, or if you get the timing right, you can deflect that too.
If you have the shadowrush combat art, you can use it when she jumps back and she won't block and will take the whole combo.

>the Pot Nobles were the only ones with Miyazaki's involvement
What does that mean? Didn't he direct the entire game?

I did it by accident. It was where you use the kite to jump over to the other side.

>fextralife
asspull.jpg
the actual quote.
>Sekiro’s plot was written by Miyazaki, but the actual script for the game was handled by someone else, with Miyazaki overseeing and writing select parts, namely the opening sequence and cutscenes, and a few unimportant NPCs. He says that the NPCs in question ended up particularly distinct, and that people might be able to figure out who they are.

Nahh just stealthed her first bar then Sabimaru cheesed the second. No regrets.

Not entirely sure but large enemies tend to get a grapple option. I think it mini stuns them so you can get a few hits in. That and in general you want to be close to enemies to break posture so just take advantage of it

How much does purple umbrella help/cheese against shithead warrior? Yes I have divine covfefe and plenty of anti terror pills.

That Red Eyes Iajutsu guy is kicking my ass in. I've tried stun locking him with fire, but he usually finds an opening, and one hit just fucking kills me instantly.

This, you can grapple Rape Ape occasionally and it stuns him long enough for a quick *slashslash back away*

Which version? Thrust type?

Any of them with the double R2.

second phase is really easy with the debuffs still if you spear it's neck every time you knock it over, so the only hurdle is first phase. I found it useful to hold sprint for basically the entire fight and just run out of range of his attacks and run in when I found openings

yes

It's obviously Patches you dumb lorelet

Not that much, it's mostly just useful for when he uses the kamehameha from a distance
The real cheese is that you can use anti-air deathblow to nuke him when he jumps away

>creates a girl character, make into a boy
THAT BOY AIN'T RIGHT, I TELL YA WHAT

Attached: kuro.gif (500x278, 1.45M)

Does he fight like Ashina Elite? If so he's using the Ashina Cross, parry twice as soon as his blade shines and you'll do the most posture damage I've witnessed in this game, seriously parrying him does 50% at least

You can enter through the building to the left, two guys in there you can kill without anyone noticing. Corridor leads behind all enemies and you can stealth kill a shield guy. You'll draw aggro but can fight small enemies in the corridor. Run away and boss resets and you can repeat to kill the others.

That boy needs therapy.

>AA deathblow
Keep talking

Attached: tell me some more.jpg (640x360, 21K)

Literally thought it was a girl up until release, and it was only until I kept hearing people refer to him as "Lord" that I started to think maybe it was a boy. Also he looks nearly identical to the other child which is a girl so basically fromsoft is based.

For controller users, how did you (if you did) change your key binding for using your quick item? or do you keep it at Up D-pad?

I've been using the shuriken toss>slash as a gap closer and it works well for the most part.
I've read that the nightjar or something slash is also a gap closer of some sort from the description, can even be upgraded so you can jump back after slashing.
Is the skill worth it lads? I have the points but I'm saving it for another one to get the reduce posture damage against sword foes skill.
Also, where's the best place to grind for skill points?

Form 1 get your hits in and keep a fucking eye out for his sizing up lunging grab.
Form 2 jump over every warning and get 3 charged hits in, 2 is easy as fuck and gives you so many chances to attack if you deflect the heavy swings and jump over both warnings.

Attached: 1452806605265.jpg (500x500, 41K)

Kept it the same
t. healed 5 times fighting Genichiro unpunished (seriously just strafe away from the arrow)

HOW DO YOU DODGE RAPE APE JUMPING GRAB AAAAAAAA

So there are 4 endings right? I'm trying to do as much as possible on my first playthrough but I'm planning on getting all endings. I'm just trying to make sure I don't miss anything

Run backwards, and its a free few hits.

Save it, the posture skills were essential to me beating mada mada

First phase: use firecrackers for free hits, deflect his moves once his posture gets low enough. learn which moves are safe to punish (jump, overhead slam, back thrashing come to mind) If you do enough damage while he is stunned by firecrackers you'll stun him even more, then he always retreats after that.

Second phase, he is much easier to deflect. you can interrupt the scream if you do enough damage but it is usually safer to run. Sweep attacks, jump, and slam are easily punishable. Deflect his attacks, his posture builds much faster in this phase

run away and jump
if he throws poop run into him
if he swings 3 times and jumps at you jump away from his left hand

>Anybody else struggle more with the minibosses than the actual bosses?
so far absolutely
ogre, bull and spear fucker were leagues harder than the gate guard and lady butterfly

Run. Seriously, just run away then loop around and slash his ass (weak point), after a while it'll be the easiest dodge/punish you get during the fight.

You can actually get all the items necessary for 3 endings. The other one will end the game prematurely so make a backup save before it.

I believe he was the only one who straight up created the NPCs himself.

Oh sweet, I didn't know you could do it there.

finished the game last week and got return ending
1-4 ng+
5-9 later
0 ng

Ah, cool. Thanks for showing me up (sincerely). I should probably read the articles themselves.

How the fuck do I check my fps in this game?

Don't forget
>parry big dancing vertical slash
>double stab head hole with spear
>yank centipede for good posture/vitality damage

Kuro is pretty fucking ugly dud

Attached: Kuro.webm (1280x720, 2.89M)

Attached: 1553795352583.webm (1000x562, 2.47M)

How do I beat 父? He keeps pushing my shit in with that firecracker+slash bullshit combo

Here ya go, might be able to do something with it.
youtu.be/ahBsMjea59g

>using it on the annoying asshole at fountainhead that shoots lightning

Attached: 1533700012691.jpg (696x535, 65K)

Isshin is too quick for my shitty reaction time. Any tips on him?

Go behind her, jump on her head, and you can now back stab her

Normal Isshin or Hard Isshin?

I hate looking up guides on where to go but this game feels very unintuitive with direction. Can't figure out where to go after Seven Spears. I tried climbing above the bridge but can't, all doors are locked, nothing down in the valley.

Normal, I assume. Haven't gotten past his first phase

Install ds4windows
Turn on Hide DS4 option
Close steam or any other app that uses the controller
On the task manager under services, stop these three.
That's how I got mine to work

Attached: file.png (601x68, 7K)

I beat him by just punishing when he whiffs. Keep your distance, don't engage. He will do his cross slash move, run away from it and get a few hits in, run away repeat. When he pulls out the spear do same thing except watch out for the gun. He is vulnerable after doing his jumping overhead attack with the spear

This is a fujo game. Based Miyazaki

The one by the Moon-view Tower? Go up to Ashina Castle. If you've already done the
Ashina Castle roof fight, talk to Kuro.

did any of you pussies ring the bell? did it accidentally but I didn't restart. I fought through the pain and I feel fucking great.

>just beat true corrupted monk after only 2 tries
I love it, I feel like I actually got gud

Attached: LH4Fkuj.jpg (499x425, 81K)

my fucking nigger. I just beat that fucker as well, and I kid you not it was after 2 tries. I lost hope due to the minuscule damage I was doing but after learning his attack patterns, it became a very, very doable fight.

I'm up to Juzou, if the guy who offers to help dies, is he dead for good? Do I only get one shot with him?

I unironically had more trouble with owl 1 on NG+ bell no charm than owl 2, owl 2 has a lot more openings and his second phase is easier

>tfw you lose your fucking cool because the boss is about to die and so are you
>die because you started spamming to try and get that last hit in

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

How do i get into the pagoda in hidden woods? I can hear the dude playing the flute inside, i know I'm supposed to go in via the second floor, but i only found one tree to grapple to and there's nowhere to go from there. Clearly the tree behind the building is the way in, but i can't figure out how to get onto it

>took a shitload of tries for ghost monk
>beat his physical ass in one try

There's a path that takes you higher up to grapple onto the tree. Just look around more.

Umbrella his ass, ez

You rack disciprine

He can survive, but it doesn't net you any rewards. He'll come back even if he dies in battle if you die in battle too.

>spent consumable items and didn't win
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Taro means the first son in the family

Why does Headless take like 4 fucking confetti and pacifying agents, that shit runs out too fast for a consumables

>vit at 13 atk at 3 at castle Ashina
>decided to bail out at Genichiro's fight because main story and still have places to explore
>ended up with 12 anal beads and 1 memory but don't wanna use them in fear that Genichiro's fight might be trivialized
Is it autism?

Attached: b691260f91f4d36f27fcb9e607dd862dc08868e5_692222_1200_1733.png (1200x1733, 676K)

you can do all the terror minibosses with the purple umbrella R1 attack and no confetti relatively easy

git the violet gourd

Fun fact: Owl has an attack that can one shot you still with 5 necklaces if you dont guard it

sekirofags btfoed?

Attached: 2Ftrv9N.png (608x300, 35K)

Left side of the pagoda, go back from where you came, there will be a branch high up that you can grapple to. Leads you down a path to Juzou 2.0 and the Monkey Bunch. You can just run past them. You'll be on a series of tree limbs leading to the pagoda roof, in which there is a hole leading to the "boss" of the area.

don't lock on if you want easy mode

>2 words, 3 letters each
>elicits a paragraph response

we can't keep getting away with this

Is this true tho? Does the guy who upgrades your prosthetics disappear at the end (before Isshin) got everyone? He's not there and Sekiro upgrades the prosthetic himself now.

Was this cunt just a meme?

Attached: sekiro.exe 2019.04.02 - 23.02.26.19.DVR.webm (960x540, 2.93M)

those two words express a lot of things

>People complained about Dragon Rot
>All it does is reduce the chance of a mildly convenient thing from happening
>Dragon blood heals everyone with Dragon Rot at once

What's the point of this mechanic? It feels underdeveloped

Attached: 1310265589540.png (285x280, 43K)

She kills you with lightning if you try to explore the lake before killing her.

Start moving backwards through the Ashina Outskirts via the Old Grave. You'll find a new Sculptor's Idol near the end past a non-miniboss Chained Ogre. It'll take you to see him.

She's named after a meme dog, so yes.

anyone else here complete a NG+ demon bell and no kuros charm run?

I just finished at NG+6 and curious on others thoughts of the gameplay without kuro's charm.

Guardian ape was much much much harder for me this time around, rooftop Owl gave me some trouble but Hirata owl was relatively easy. Isshin wasn't bad since I've fought him so many times.

>not giving her a taste of her own high voltage medicine

is this for a HP kill strategy where you don't posture break him?

Thanks, I'll try it out

>him

I know, that fucking cunt.

Attached: 814380_20190402214506_1.jpg (1920x1080, 1.04M)

I found the giant carp stealth section but how the fuck do I help her husband?

Attached: 814380_20190402220626_1.jpg (1920x1080, 1.03M)

Slit his throat

I'm not sure if you like cheese, but if you use confetti and strong red candy you can stunlock him all the way to dead if you use three snap seeds and spam firecrackers, 2 hits after in-between every stun. He does one sweep after the third snap seed tho so be careful.

get the super bait

>cool a whole place underwater
>lemme just go ahead and exp-

Attached: N O P E.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

I've got like 5 of them

I don't even know where he is, or at least I don't think I do. Unless he's one of the ayylmaos I killed around that area

>Find a shit ton of scales
>Spend em at one of those weirdo pot dudes (one is hidden in fountainhead)
>Talk to em a bunch
>They give you some funky bait
>Go to the feeding bell that you can get to
>Ring bell
>Feed fish funky bait
>Rest
>Go to RAPE APE watering hole and you'll notice something different
>Loot that thing and go back to feeding place

Vinny just killed fucking Lady Butterfly on his 3rd attempt jesus christ

jesus is dobby controlling that bludger

What's the point of this area that leads nowhere? Same with the roof in it that you can grapple up to but there's nowhere to go from there.

Attached: Untitled.png (909x759, 899K)

holy fuck, you weren't kidding. I just nothing personnel kid'd him 50 times until he died first try using that strat

It's used when you go back here later in the story

>Get to Chained Ogre
>Start fighting him, things going well
>Get hit by one of his magnetic grabs
>90% of health gone
Epic.
>Keep fighting him, keep dying to his memegrabs
>After a while realize I have a fucking sprint button
>Proceed to Sanic around him slashing his ankles until he dies, no problem
I have no idea if that's how you're supposed to fight him, but eh. I've always hated Souls' magnetic enemies and this game seems to love to make use of them. Is there more of this crap in the game?

Attached: 1536710735057.jpg (497x576, 75K)

why is this game so fun bros

Attached: sekiro.exe 2019.04.02 - 22.59.25.18.DVR.webm (960x540, 2.89M)

You're a shinobi, you fight however you must.

But if you mean "bullshit enemies that are super aggressive with very wide ranges", yes.

If you talk to the Sculptor after eavesdropping on him and Emma, he will mention that Wolf is the one who will have to kill him when the time comes. This causes Wolf to immediately recognize the DoH as the Sculptor, and getting the first Deathblow causes him to wonder if the fires are the flames of hatred, and the DoH will thank Wolf for putting him down when the battle ends. The old lady will also ask Wolf if he knew the identity of the DoH to which he confirms.

cause when you play it right you look cool

pretty much what everyone else is saying, however he is open to tool attacks when he uses his debuff bombs and his shurikens. Keep watch for when he ends combos because he's pretty wide open, the jump kick he does is actually non damaging and if you're gutsy you can get a hit in, but if you don't feel confident doing it, then don't.

Troop is a mistranslation.

Taro is from Momotaro and a name based on their costumes.

Reminder that a woman beat blazing bull with no heals on her first try
youtube.com/watch?v=AW9sZBLilQw

People who die to blazing bull are worse than women at video games

Attached: sekirota.jpg (1072x124, 50K)

>outmemes your entire mechanic

Attached: sekiro.exe 2019.04.02 - 20.55.56.12.DVR.webm (960x540, 2.96M)

>encounter SNEK the second time
>one shots me
>one shots me in the huge pond
>hide under rock
>SNEK can't see you on its left side because you took out its eye earlier
>swim past SNEK through its blind spot
I thought that was cool.

Attached: Kiriya Aoi - 00558.jpg (797x720, 111K)

OH YEAH? Hob managed to get through all Soulsborne games consecutively without getting hit.

clips.twitch.tv/PunchyAdventurousMochaBudBlast

Will you apologize?

I remember it saying once that the cough of one f the people was "one of someone who is near death" so I guess it has to progress enough on one person for them to die, but it's random each time who gets affected when it starts affecting people.

Literally every grab is like that in this game. It comes up a decent amount.

>he doesn't want to go adventuring with his rice loli
BIG gay

I loved that fight, I used mind controled one of the sword fishfriends and poisoned the rest with Sabimaru, which stuns them and takes like 40% of their HP. It was such a great encounter. I love the Puppeteer ninjutsu, it's so fun watching an enemy help you clear out a group.

something else will make it un-click at some point. The gun bitches gave me an un-click moment.

>Demon of Hatred
This asshole can jump off a cliff.

Try out High Monk. Ichimonji is entry level stuff. High Monk has iframes and lets you dodge stuff by doing acrobatic martial art kicks. It constantly swats the Okami out of the sky and if you manage to land the kick on a sweeping enemy you do like 70% of their posture bar because of the kick multiplier.
I think Ichimonji, Shadowrush and High Monk are the trifecta of useful combat arts. Did any of you Anons find any other good ones?

Attached: sedatives.jpg (1131x1600, 209K)

I heard it was like 16. I've used a couple and still have like 10 left.

>I used mind controled
Forgive me, I'm sleep deprived and apparently I can't write

Attached: live with purpose.gif (306x469, 47K)

>got BTFO by Seven Spears and Lone Shadow in the tutorial area so hard I ragequit for a day
>haven't found a singleother miniboss or boss nearly as hard, killed each one in 2-3 tries
fuck spearnigger and shadow the edgehog ninja

I thought senpou was it's own place and the monks were their own like...I guess they govern themselves? No one else pursued the undying as hard as they did.

You can stealth kill both

Nightjar slash is pretty good

I use the praying strikes exorcism, but the kicks seem useful and I have been thinking about it for even more posture damage, I just was unsure if they left you wide open, and now that I know they don't I will probably grind up some skill points to get the kicks. Senpou may be infested assholes now but their old martial arts are useful as fuck

This is not a lore thread, but were there any hints Sekiro is part of the Soulsverse? I'm too early in the game and so far I see no easter eggs like finding hints of Alonne or Shiva.

Attached: 1538898238489.png (875x720, 977K)

YOU FUCKING BITCH STOP GOING FULL GHOST MODE AND AVOIDING EVERY HIT

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 152K)

No, but there are hints its in the same world as Bloodborne.

Vinny's playing sekiro?

No
Why the fuck would it be?

scare tactics, and that goes for some bosses as well, they're meant to be intimidating so you lose your nerve.

I just beat her first stage on my very first try, then got bodied in stage 2. Haven't gone in for another attempt yet as I need to farm up more spirit emblems for my shuriken.

Dark Souls has pointed out several times of the Eastern Lands and Sekiro also handles undeath, so maybe...

I was struggling when I was just trying to rush in on him with the NPC dude. Found out the best strategy is to take the long way around, kill those two dudes standing in the side building, sneak out there and backstab one of the shield guys, they'll all notice you, run around, kill the gun dude, kill the other dudes when you have an opening, and then, once only the Drunkard is remaining, go get the NPC guy to help. You'll be able to kick his ass when you and the NPC are focusing totally on the drunkard.

I wanna fuck that ghost

Attached: ccsu_tht_01_0101_03[1].jpg (1082x610, 66K)

High Monk has a massive jump into a kick, then some smaller sword slashes into a followup kick. If you whiff the initial jump kick and cancel the combo there, you'll do a sort of roll backwards similar to the ones the Purple Ninjas use, it's pretty slow. The last kick of the combo also has a fair amount of recovery. The thing is, you can cancel the combo after the two sword slashes and have 0 recovery, you can move while the enemy is still reeling from them. And the initial jump kick should never whiff because the start has iframes and the rest has good hitboxes, so you iframe an attack and then you're in the sky and fall on the enemy, it always stuns, it's pretty free and unpunishable when you use it well. The massive posture damage against perilous sweeps is what sells it for me, but even in other combat situations it's good posture damage for basically no cost. The iframes are almost instant and you jump so high so quickly that I needed almost no practice to dodge enemies with it. It also costs no spirit emblems.

wow being able to hit r1 and l1 instead of having to hit X to jump is a lot easier to remember than being mindful of sweeps with a normal jump and it can get good posture damage. I'm down with that, I'll have to grind for it.

Purification ending help, I eavesdropped Kuro twice but Emma isn't prompting me with anything special, and now I can't eavesdrop Kuro anymore. Nani?

the centipedes in the monks reminds me more of the Vermin from Bloodborne, not that this game needs to tie in to those games at all, they might just be references not actual tie ins. I'm fine with Sekiro having its own world to itself.

I think you also have to eavesdrop on her and Isshin and her and the Sculptor as well, not just her and Kuro.

So far it just seems thematically similar. I'm pretty sure they chose Ashina to make some ash reference though...

I already did that one, haven't spoken face to face with Kuro yet after beating Owl though

to get one bar off anyway

>scared shitless about headless + waifu
>Beat it first try by spamming shuriken against the wife then r1 spamming her when she falls down after a deflection

Why the fuck is this boss considered hard? He takes twice the damage of guardian ape and never attempts a grab, which is the most dangerous move ape has.

Have you done anything with the Divine Child of Rejuvination or is she only needed for the Dragon's Return ending? I can't remember, the easiest two endings to get (as far as overall quest requirements go) are Shura and Immortal Severance.

No it’s the same world as Metal Wolf Chaos

I beat him first try actually, but I had also just come off the victory with the first fight with the ape so his moves were fresh in my mind. The ape I beat after about I'm gonna say 4 tries but I can't remember. It felt like 3 so maybe 3.

You have to easedrop 3 times after either easdropping Emma and Isshin or getting the black mortal blade scroll, then you have to talk to Emma a few times, then you have to talk to her at the grave, then talk to her at the sculpter, then eavesdrop

Once you get the father's bell you're good to go and can go kill the dragon, but if you kill the dragon before any of these steps you're locked out of the purification ending since the sculptor goes flame on

It's also the requirement for Shadowfall, the upgrade of Shadowrush. That one does cost spirit emblems but it does HP damage 100% of the time because it's unblockable and the AI doesn't deflect it, unlike your regular charged R1s. It's harder to get it off because it has a charge time but it has massive range so you can use it as a punish/gap closer. It does good damage and it helps a lot with bosses that block a lot if you want to hurry up the process of getting their HP down so their posture doesn't regen as fast. Since it does good damage and it goes through block it's pretty good at multiple enemy fights as well. I used it to beat Vilehand when I came in through the window and didn't get to kill his bodyguard. Normally multiple enemy fights against good enemies is hard because you can't keep up the pressure to break their posture without HP damage, Shadowrush/Shadowfall is a great way to take a big chunk of their HP.
So even if High Monk is not your cup of tea for whatever reason those skill points won't be wasted.

I almost forgot to ask, when does the child of rejuvenation finish eating the serpent guts? I've beaten owl and she's still not done.

shit, 3rd eavesdrop isn't popping up for me. any known triggers? already exhausted everything I can do with isshin/emma

I went through the door and puppeted his friend cause fuck that but afterward I just learned the guy's moveset better and he was pretty easy, the puppet was more so I only had to handle one guy, not for a two v one.

I just came off of owl 2.0 so maybe it's that my deflects were on point but ape 2.0 just seemed too easy

My only big fear for Sekiro is that future playthroughs will be easy as hell with the timing of bosses down. That said it's definitely the most rewarding of the fromsoft games for the first playthrough by far, haven't felt like this since demons souls honestly

Is Owl 2.0 the one in hirata estate? or on top of Ashina?

Did you rest between listens?
Otherwise was there anything you did after the 2nd? If you went to the other world you're kinda fucked

Where do I find Treasure Carp Scales?

Hirata estate.
Ashina roof is much easier and easier to exploit since he leaves himself open to attacks a lot.

I beat Rape Ape earlier and just thrashed Shitman Warrior after coming back (fought him before RA), where do I go now? I feel like I should have found Corrupted Monk by now. Also I just discovered Ashina Depths

I just killed owl and have been fucking around between the NPCs since, haven't gone to fountainhead yet. I did rest a bunch

Kill carp

If you use the fans to make enemies dissapear will they be teleported to the hall of illusions like the big monk crying under the tree?

Does the fan make enemies dissapear or what?

>Just discovered ashina depths
Well gee maybe you should see where that takes you

Ah, well I'm not gonna do anything for Purification ending if it fucks up the Dragon's Return ending otherwise I might fight him. Or maybe not cause I've done next to no eavesdrops but I guess I also haven't gone to the fountainhead either yet. Is his moveset completely different or just more advanced?

Mostly by killing the pink fishes swimming around bodies of water. They swim away very quickly and despawn fast but will respawn within 30 seconds in the same spot until you kill them. Then they stop respawning even if you rest

Is Jinzaemon the best guy to send to the dungeon? His quest line seems to be shit.

The fan insta kills monks, does posture damage to spirits, and otherwise leaves one on one targets open for a backstab

When you're about to get to Fountainhead. So talk to Kuro until he told you to go to the wedding cave

yes don't send kotaro if you want the dragon's return ending, there's more on that if you want to know.

The fan can only make monks truly disappear. You won't have to fight them, but you won't get the loot either. They don't appear in the Hall of Illusions.

Depens if you are good at the game or not. A second Jizo statue can be the difference between life and death.
Wrong, you don't need the Taro persimmon, any regular one will do.

Any advice for shield enemies? I'm honestly not having much trouble with the bosses so far, but I just run past these shield fucks every time I see them because I can't figure them out and I'd like to stop doing that. Just came across a midget with a metallic hat that fucked my shit up proper and I assume there will eventually be a boss with this mechanic too.

No thank you, but I appreciate you letting me know. Off to go send this guy to his death.

Thanks, been stagnating since I beat first Owl fight and checking up on the snake eater child, I'll exhaust Kuro's dialogue then hit up the wedding cave, talking to kuro doesn't automatically make you go to the divine realm does it?

It's slightly different
Phase 1 of hirata has all the moves of phase 2 castle except no poison, but he more frequently danger slashes and doesn't do the jump attack as much
Phase 2 of hirata had a phoenix that lets him go invisible for a jump slash sometimes and other times sends it out for a burning half your HP attack followed by a big thrust.

He's a bit harder than the isshin castle mode but not by much, it's just learning a different pattern

I think that the best thing about Sekiro is that it's filtering out casuals. If you can't breeze through Sekiro, you might as well just quit the hobby because you're don't deserve to play vidya.

All minor NPC questlines except the Mibu Priest, Tengu of Ashina and Pot Noble give ridiculously bad rewards. Maybe I'm forgetting someone but I think those 3 are the only worthwhile ones. Aside from that, just do whatever you want to help the characters or dick them over depending on how much you like them.

he needs to be in the hall of illusion for the divine child of rejuvenation to go there and talk to her friends though, I didn't mean the persimmon at all.

The axe.
The axe breaks the shield instantly. Plus shield enemies are in like 2% of the game so just kill em and switch

So what the fuck are you actually supposed to do in the second phase of Lady Butterfly? I can drop her posture in an instant in the first phase just with the parrying and because it's fairly easy to tell what she's gonna do, but then I get to the second phase and as soon as I've got her posture halfway down she summons her fucking illusions so I gotta run around like a retard and by the time they disappear they're fucking gone and I inevitably die to dumb hits that are mostly from the stupid fucking lights. I also can't seem to figure out the bull because even if I parry him I take damage and he just runs around like a retard barely taking any posture damage.

Everything else has been a pushover that I killed in my third try compared to these two assholes.

I don't have the axe. Is it further in the game than the estate or castle gates?

>he needs to be in the hall of illusion for the divine child of rejuvenation to go there and talk to her friends though
No he doesn't, she went there and back before I even gave him the white pinweel there in my game. Why would you think that? They don't even interact.

Nope, it's behind. the shield guys.

No, you need to go to the wedding cave which is after the ghost corrupted monk and got transported there by rope man. And don't worry, the ending is only locked only after you killed the boss of the fountainhead.

You can choose any of the 3 good endings at the end of the game as long as you did the respective questlines. So even if you want Dragon's Return it's worth to do the busywork for Purification so you can get an extra attack memory and fight a cool boss.

for some reason she wouldn't go in there but maybe I just needed to rest a few more times? She only went in after I gave him the pinwheel and rested. I couldn't advance the quest because I couldn't get the holy chapter from the dead purple robed guy, until Kotaro went in, but I guess that was a coincidence.

where do I get fulminated mercury

>it's up the wall next to the dying guy that talks about splitting their heads open
Definitely made me feel like I was missing something at the time but I somehow passed over it anyway. I'm usually pretty good about thorough exploration but don't like looking things up, thanks anyway.

I beat the monk yeah, I've been wondering what that cave was for.

Canon and Flamethrower Soldiers drop it.

Just got to the heaven place and am fighting the real corrupted monk. How much longer I got in this game bros? How many bosses?

oh okay that's good, then I'll do that, I mean both dragon's return and purification are just extra stuff tacked on to normal Immortal Severance. Albeit both pretty specific in what you have to do.