Why is piracy so taboo on Yea Forums? Yea Forums, Yea Forums, Yea Forums all vouch for it but not Yea Forums

Why is piracy so taboo on Yea Forums? Yea Forums, Yea Forums, Yea Forums all vouch for it but not Yea Forums

Attached: VIDEOgamepiracy (1).jpg (700x325, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xaxA7_6CBTQSNvAyjP84XqD2VrSjfenI
youtube.com/watch?v=D7tJELpDfKU
youtube.com/watch?v=q6oKjuvA55g
youtube.com/watch?v=Af0wXeN6_FY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because Yea Forums is full of moralfags. Pirating stuff in any other board is treated like a normal thing, but here on Yea Forums it's like the world is ending or something.

Also, most of the Denuvo shilling is just baiting, not really genuine.

>buy game for $60
>it was 100% not worth the money
>feel stupid for not pirating it
>better make sure everyone else doesn't pirate it either so I'm not the only retard on this planet

Yaharr, this is now a pirate thread, slay all landlubber buyfags, rape their women, and copy their games for free

Attached: yarrharr.jpg (2636x1992, 1.69M)

Because Yea Forums is full of shills.

because Yea Forums is full with r/gaming

Fuck Valve drones, fuck Epic chinks, and fuck moral fags!

Stigma from retards who don't understand how to pirate, tried it once then complained about getting a virus or the game not working. Plus, Yea Forums is a bunch of faggot kids from reddit or steam who can barely put together a fucking computer much less unpack some files

if devs dont want their games pirated they should invest in anti piracy software.

by pirating games you're help[ing the free market evolve.

>tfw watching people on Yea Forums fight over which store they like to buy from the most, while I just pirate the game for free
At least it's a fun shit show to watch.

Attached: e10.png (2518x1024, 276K)

I have 5 hard drives with terabytes of vidya. Also, am from shithole country so ISPs are not cucked by media companies and nobody gives a shit if you download stuff. No one knows what the fuck a VPN is around here.

I'm anti pirate because piracy is for my personal use. Everyone else should be paypigs supporting the industry for me.

Grrrr I hate piracy. Give me links to some websites so I can report them to Nintendo.

>Yea Forums, Yea Forums, Yea Forums
All of those mediums have multiple sources of revenue. Streaming, radio, live performances, book signings, etc. Most musicians make more from public concerts or radio royalties than album sales.

Video game devs? Not the same. If you don’t buy their game, they’re pretty much fucked.

1. It's not. How long have you been here?
2. Different industries with different considerations for piracy.

Vidya game devs should become Lets Players if they want my bucks.

drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xaxA7_6CBTQSNvAyjP84XqD2VrSjfenI

because all of those other mediums will do well regardless of pirating. Vidya especially ones not under a huge company depend on those sales and if they dont do well they get shelfed to make room for games that can't really be pirated and/or ones they know will sell if they push marketing enough

the others' are recordings, for vidya that's called a walkthrough

Oy vey, finally one goy sees the situation clearly, others would be wise to listen to his flawless reasoning!

>Because Yea Forums is full of moralfags.
hahah what

Some of the Rare devs who made Conker, did an LP of Conker a few years ago. They told story of behind the scene stuff that was going on at the time.

Yar har fiddle de dee being a pirate is alright with me
do what you want cause a pirate is free
YOU ARE A PIRATE

>see a steam vs epic thread on the catalog
>don't even read the op or the replies
>just post PIRATES ALWAYS WIN
>someone calls me based

Attached: 1548151842099.jpg (363x363, 25K)

I'm from a shithole country where everyone pirates on their gaming rigs (I also own one from 2016) but I'm so fucking done with current gaming practices as a whole that I don't even bother with mose games anymore lol.
I think the Switch will be my last gaming "big purchase" for a couple of years, I'll run down Smash until it grows legs on its own and move on to the next Nintendo wonder in God knows what year they decided to release something more entertaining.

based

Attached: 9249a9d1350843dba7b213895070efa0pigsinablanketreallife.jpg (720x540, 124K)

I don't think I'll ever accept paying for a download. $90 for a download of Tekken? Keep dreaming. The kicker is "DLC". In mt=y day, they were called "unlockables".

Kuruminha is for BILADA

The whole "brands are your friends" thing got out of hand. Also people tend to forget most money go for publishers, devs already got paid. Not really the case with indie games though.

I attribute it to shitposting and a mild amount of shills.

based

youtube.com/watch?v=D7tJELpDfKU

Attached: PdvaWJVo[1].jpg (421x440, 33K)

basado y rojo pastillado

Tim Sweeny is unironically based as fuck for binging back a new golden age of piracy

Attached: hqdefault[1].jpg (480x360, 10K)

based

Yea Forums has a lot more /pol/ infestation than any of those boards except for maybe Yea Forums, and the ones who infest other boards are all tradcucks with evangelical "morals"

Wouldn't someone from /pol/ not want to buy a game, because then he'd be giving money to the Jews?

So fellow pirates, how do you like that new warez group GOG/FCKDRM? I always prefer their repacks.

Pirating Windows software is highly risky compared to everything else.

Running "game.exe" from some random uploader is pretty retarded.

Also legal PC game availability is usually not a problem, it's usually better than pirating.

Anime, music, movies, shows, etc. You have to pirate, or pay money for a vastly inferior service with limited library (e.g. Netflix or iTunes).

Attached: 1554218094378.jpg (400x450, 29K)

how many jews develop games? TLoU? is that it?

Yet Yea Forums doesn't give half a fuck about pirating shows and movies.

Wasn't really a problem until 2009, which is when Yea Forums as a whole started its downward spiral. For some reason a bunch of moralfags showed up.

any given television show is already free or low-cost to begin with so they don't see it as affecting the creator's bottom line. it would probably be different if shows and movies took years to make and cost $60 per showing.

Spotify is a solid platform, but the streaming quality is baaad

Because pirating movies provides a far superior experience than shitty services like Netflix.

Pirating games and running "game.exe" from some random Russian hacker is retarded and inferior to actually buying games on Steam, with all it's features.

The original creators aren't making money from the movies anymore anyway, no one wants to defend shit like Netflix.

Both sides act like retarded faggot children.
Whenever you see some retard complaining about someone buying a game, realize that "MUH PIRATE EVERYTHING" fags literally are worthless leeches that have 0 say in anything, they're not interested in what games are good, or actually trying shit out, they're just faggots that want free shit. Actively trying to dissuade someone from buying something they want is just as bad as telling someone they can't pirate to make sure the shit runs on their system or if they'll like the game.
So the next time some faggot goes "WHY R DA PIRACY NOT LUVED" on Yea Forums, remember all the ">BUYING GAMES"
">LE IMAGINE ACTUALLY BUYING THINGS YOU LIKE LOL I'M NOT RETARDED"
">I HAVE 0 UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT THE REAL WORLD OPERATES LIKE AND I'M A FRESHMAN IN HIGH SCHOOL, AM I COOL YET"
Third worlders get a pass for being poor as fuck, but still get picked on because >Third worlders

ever since GOD went down I'm having trouble finding legit GOG downloads. it's all IGG trash which I refuse to touch, or non-GOG steam rips that require sketchy cracks which I also refuse to touch.

I'm just a poorfag who wants to play Kenshi now instead of having to budget to buy it 6 months from now.

movies only have one source which is box office (aside from Netflix which idk how they profit)

t. corporate cumsalty paycuck

Because Yea Forums pirates usually try to make up some Robin Hood persona around themselves where they're heroes stealing from the greedy corporations. If they just accepted that they pirate because they dont want to pay, like everyone else, then no one would give a shit.

Yes yes my friend, good troll, now play the "I'm actually a trillionaire but would take the time out of my day to look for cracks and updates of my game instead of literally spending 60$, which would actually be more cost efficient since my time is worth so much"
You're not impressing anyone, you're some mongrel trying to impress other children.

yea, how does a company with 140 million subscribers and makes nearly $1 billion a month from them even profit?

Cringe and bluepilled

"Hmmm, this was a good game, why did you pirate it"
"This company made a bad game a decade ago"
And people will actually buy it wholesale

lmao look at the paycuck screech. so much angry mental gymnastics it's hilarious.

but Netflix is 20 billion in debt soo.. how do they profit

Hopefully the suicide resulting from having no purpose in life comes sooner rather than later you hednoistic poorfuck.
Daddy's money will only last so long when you have no marketable skills

>"Hmmm, this was a good game, why did you pirate it"
I didn't know it was a good game before trying it out, and given the company's track record I'm not going to blow money on it without trying it for myself first. I've also spent my gaming budget on other things I knew for sure I'd enjoy. Maybe I'll add this one to my wishlist to buy on sale later.

youtube.com/watch?v=q6oKjuvA55g

Pirating to try ain't bad.
However, you should be able to establish worth based on it.
If you pirated it and sank 60 hours into it on release and buy it for 5$, don't complain things you like don't get made, you contribute to the problem.

why are paycucks so assblasted that other people are having fun without emptying their wallets? is your meager wageslave's earnings the only meaningful thing in your life? pathetic.

>don't complain things you like don't get made, you contribute to the problem.
but things I like do still get made all the time, because piracy isn't a problem at all.

can you name me a single good game that didn't get a sequel "because it was pirated too much"?

based uma

by default yeah
it's so fucking retarded that 320kbps is labeled as "extreme" like what the fuck. that should be at most "high". but 320kbps is acceptable for streaming imo
also their apps absolutely suck. you cant even choose music quality on most platforms and im pretty sure it goes to lowest by default. it's so fucking awful on ps4, smart tvs, etc. and it's not even worth using.
also their ui used to be complete trash. it still isnt good but at least it isnt the garbage fire that it used to be (or the ui hell known as apple music)
more people need to move to tidal and deezer

Consumer capitalists truly are the most cucked people on this planet.

One thing I absolutely adore about this board is how angry people get when you buy something, and they can't afford it, piracy is their only way of "fighting back"
>Buy a 144hz monitor
>"STUPID CUNT, YOU CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE, I KNOW NO NEED TO BE AN ELITIST PRICK OVER 144HZ"
>Buy a new GPU
>"HAHAHAHA SHOULD HAVE WAITED A FOOL AND HIS MONEY, IN 10 YEARS I'LL BE ABLE TO BUY SOMETHING BETTER AT HALF THE PRICE WHO CARES IF I WAITED A FULL DECADE FOR MY GAME NOT TO RUN LIKE SHIT I BEAT YOU"
>Buy a VR headset
>"WOW WITH THE COST OF A RIG THAT CAN RUN VR AND THE HEADSET IT COSTS WAY TOO MUCH HOW DOES IT FEEL TO WASTE MONEY, YEAH I SAID WASTE W-A-S-T-E, IT SERVES NO PURPOSE, I WOULDN'T WANT ONE EVEN IF I COULD AFF- I MEAN IT'S NOT WORTH THE MONEY"

Attached: 1530375500272.png (1280x1688, 1.01M)

literally nobody is angry that you're a payfag lmao. fucking retard with a victim complex is what you are.

>All vouch for it
TODAY I WILL REMIND THEM
>Yea Forums: Let's discuss anime
>Yea Forums: let's discuss Kanye west and Grimes
>Yea Forums: let's discuss books
>Yea Forums: let's discuss that dyke celebrity
>Yea Forums: HAHAHA DAY ONE PIRATE GET KEKED FAGS

You mean cult classics that suffered from low sales? because calculating lost sales due to piracy is a fools errand, but if you're going to pretend it NEVER dealt a hand, you're being disingenuous.

How's that PC poorbro?
You're pretty quick to reply but not so quick to make money like a man lmao

>waste excessive amounts of money on stupid decisions
>get called out on your stupid decisions
>HAHA YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS OF MY MONEY
wew lad

>144hz
>stupid decision
Ahhh, poorbros noooooo

>Denuvo game gets cracked
>Several days worth of discussion constantly bombarded with indignant pirates destroying discussion because of a decision the dev made
>They need to derail discussion because people bought a game series they've loved for years, simply because "U SUPPORT DENUVO"
They're so scummy

Yea Forums is full of cucks.

Buyfags are subhuman filth

>2 cents have been deposited into your Denuvo Social Media Damage Control Representative account

144Hz monitor is one of the best purchases I've ever made

Not going to not buy games I like because of Denuvo.
It's shitty that it tanks performance, and border PCs suffer like crazy because of it.
However I do not, I'd sign a petition to remove it, but I'm not hindering my fun because of some faggot's crusade

>Cuckold has to find every excuse in the book to not discuss video games

because people don't want games to disappear from their platform of choice
pc was utterly irrelevant during last gen, now its a much higher priority and people want to keep it that way
besides, combine all other boards and you still wouldn't see people bragging about piracy as much as Yea Forums

Pirating is good. Internet needs this kind of freedom or it will die

I got so sad when Emuparadise went down.

same with GoD

Baseado e vermelhopilulado

youtube.com/watch?v=Af0wXeN6_FY

I don't mind pirates or pirating games myself
But i'm baffled whenever pirates get insanely mad when companies begin implementing anti-piracy measures like DRM and Denuvo
If you steal a book from a store and when you come back the next week, the books are locked behind a glass panel, you can't unironically be angry that the store is preventing you from stealing from them without looking like an entitled faggot

Attached: 1482945513932.jpg (687x819, 96K)

this is a normalfaggot response

Your logic ultimately concludes that i should be happy for "paying customers" that their books are locked behind glass panel. And never sympathize with them.

wh*Te """"""""""""""""""""men""""""""""""""""""

>Buy a 144hz monitor
Okay, that's useful.
>Buy a new GPU
Okay, that's useful.
>Buy a VR headset
Now how this shit gimmick got into the list?

I am literally forced to pirate because PC is digital only and I'm not willing to pay for digital distribution.
Valve drones bitch about Epic but they had no problem with Valve taking away choice by getting rid of physical copies which is the only way I'm willing to pay for games and they gave digital distribution a monopoly on PC.
Games being sold physical only has already proven itself to be the best environment for great games to be made. If you have ever paid for digital distribution then you are a casual, not a real PC gamer, and are the cancer that killed gaming.
Why should I give them money when they don't like their own creation enough to give it a physical release? Download code in a box doesn't count.
It should be illegal for companies to charge for digital distribution and piracy needs to be legalised, it would save gaming.

>pirate anime on Yea Forums and /m/
> no one says anything

>pirate movies on Yea Forums
>no one says anything

>pirate books on Yea Forums
>no one says anything

>pirate music on Yea Forums
>no one says anything

>pirate games on Yea Forums
>LOOK AT WHAT I GOT FOR FREE FIRST WORLD WHITE RICH BUYKEKS

The problem is that most of Yea Forums is underage.

Shills and people that seethe at the mere idea of someone not falling for publishers jewish tricks
Based and macacopilled

Majority of people who consume shiny new AAA video game releases on Yea Forums are pirates. Now go figure why they act retarded.

>steal shit from someone
>implement measures to counter your theft
>wow, that's fucked up man, think about the people who don't steal
I don't give a shit about pirates because I am one, but you sound like a fag.

very based

Well i am glad someone enjoys their games with denuvo and i never will.

More like
>steal shit from someone
>implement measures to counter your theft
>dab on the faggots forced to deal with that shit

Attached: 1549234657747.jpg (323x257, 39K)

>deflecting
dis is adowabow

based

Yea Forums is full of underaged normal fags

Attached: 1553129811168.jpg (3480x6190, 2.26M)

because Yea Forums feels the need to justify it

>i am literally forced to do thing because i'm not willing to do the alternative

because v is r/gaming 2.0

What if, underage oldfag?

Attached: trump.jpg (354x373, 37K)