Genchiro

I know you want to post memes and insult and laugh at me, but can i get some genuine help with this boss please.
I am unable to predict his 'arrow barrage' (when he goes into the air) and alot of his combo attacks are random in combination so i have no idea what to expect. I play aggressively while parrying to get his posture down but it's so fucking risky with any possible combo that could interrupt me. Sometimes i get through his first phase easily, sometimes quickly and sometimes quickly. There feels like there are way to many things to look out for.

Attached: Sekiro-genichiro-ashine-2nd-encounter.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zs94XRIzZ8s&t=55s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

sometimes not at all*, for the final point.

Playing aggressively and parrying is 80% of the battle. Afterwards it's just consistency. I think every time he does the triple arrow shot he backs up quickly first, so there's that

>I think every time he does the triple arrow shot he backs up quickly first, so there's that
So there is a tell tale sign? This was the move that keeps fucking me up the most.

I'm 90% sure but it's been a minute since I beat him. I remember him always doing that. If you see it, one thing you can do is just keep your shield up, which counters them all, so long as your posture isn't too damaged

Honestly, the barrage is hard to react to. Just stay safe and be in block.

when he jumps back i mean!

At some point you have to stop trying to brute force it and play it the way miyazaki intended. Take the time to learn the parry timings and he will just fall over like all the other bosses.

Aggressiveness is definitely how you're intended to beat him. Chipping away at his posture is way more effective than anything else. 2 sword strikes+parrying per encounter is efficient and if you're good you can do it without taking damage

Just chip him before he can use bow, genichiro staggers while using bow

This, if you're not deflecting you should be attacking him until you hear him deflect then go back to deflecting.

I just can't deal with his jump backs and arrow attacks. It's so frustrating. If it was a pure sword and lightning fight it would be so much simpler.

If he jumps up just start spamming L1, if it's arrows you'll deflect them, if he's not shooting arrows you can try and time the down stroke or just keep spamming and you'll probably block the hit at least. Then just be ready for the thrust or sweep that follows the jump 90% of the time.

Here user, I'll give you my cheese method.

You know when the fight begins, I'm talking AS soon as it starts, he fires an arrow? Block it, and when you block that arrow attack, he ALWAYS, ALWAYS, rolls at you to do an attack. When he does that roll, immediately attack, and you'll get ONE hit in, and hurt him, hold sprint run away straight away. Now, all you do now, is RUN away, go in and attack him once, he will always do the same attack, parry, parry, THEN CIRCLE BACKWARDS. now. remember what I said about the start of the fight? he will do that arrow attack again, block it, wait for the roll, attack, repeat. I promise you, this is how you cheese it/do it so easy. It is not hard at all. Just trust me and do what I'm telling you. the THIRD phase, is different, you can just spam it and use firecrackers, try it. you can do it.

I forgot to mention, when you go in for the second attack, which you parry/parry run away, he will ALWAYS do that arrow attack [easy for you to block] and then followed by free roll [free hit for you]

always

For whatever reason after clashing 2-3 times, attempting to deflect/black the fourth strike just fails. What the fuck am I doing wrong?
He damages me and I just get out of the rhythm of things

Attached: 1511401790233.jpg (480x480, 46K)

Probably just poor timing. A deflect will build your bar but can't break your guard. So if you're getting more blocks than deflects he'll just break your shit and hit you.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zs94XRIzZ8s&t=55s

The hitboxes on this game for grapples are fucking stupid. Prove me wrong. From have always been shit at hitboxes, surprisingly Nioh does it well.

Some grabs have hitboxes that favor jumps, other favor dodges.

itst totally fine to brute force him is you space it out and keep circling him. i didnt get hit by those arrows once despite beeing hyper agressive

this sounds pretty BEYTAA.
where di you get this strat ? from the journo forums ?

nope, made it my self, worked a charm. cheesed it as fuck lmao. it's so easy when you do it that way

OP here.
I beat him.
I literally learned just in this fight when to stop attacking and went to go on the defensive. the 'sound queue' for when they're about to start attacking was something i had no idea about before this fight. All in all what an experience. Only used 1 heal as well when i realised. I want to fight him again! Is there are a NG+?

Attached: 1552719097436.jpg (590x590, 64K)

well done user

there is