GameStop is fucking dead

thestreet.com/investing/earnings/gamestop-gets-flushed-following-earnings-release-14915272

Attached: gs.jpg (201x240, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nBnzAepXOE8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=uA_3MnVen08
youtube.com/watch?v=v3D53tnYmQ8
escapistmagazine.com/v2/2019/01/31/nonstop/
deadmalls.com/stories.html
m.youtube.com/watch?v=D7LQmF6COug
regulations.cdprojektred.com/en/user_agreement
youtu.be/FQLElTVQ_bI
youtube.com/watch?v=ofurYpK9vfU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>think back to the cringey conversations I had as a kid to gamestop employees who didn't give a fuck and were probably annoyed at me telling them all my autistic video game thoughts when they're working a minimum wage job while I'm sperging out
end me

good. fuck gamestop and fuck used games. get a pc you fucking peasants

>gamestop employees try to make awkward small talk when I just want to get a game
FUCKING GAMESTOP

>good. fuck gamestop and fuck used games

What's wrong with used games?

I can't wait for my local store to close so I can come down on it like vulture to a fresh dead corpse for the discount vidya

>cashier keeps trying to convince you to get a warranty on a $15 used game

its the console equivalent to using g2a. everybody loses but the niggers making a profit off of it

how do i lose as a consumer when i can get games cheaper and sell games i dont want to get other games

How everyone loses? What do we lose exactly?

They're probably just going to wholesell the shit after it doesn't sell during the awesome going put of business 10% discount

Anyone wanna buy GameStop? It's only $900 M now.

I went in to my local GameStop to look at Switch games. 1/3 of the store is dedicated to ''nerd culture'' with Funco Pops and other toys like lightsabers and action figures.

I am from Mexico and we have two big gaming stores: Gameplanet and Gamers

Honestly, i am fucking surprised that these two stores are still in business, considering that they are so so shitty

New games cost (1300-1400 MXN), like $70 each, also they have huge horrible selection.

I don't buy them from there anymore, Amazon Mexico is where i buy at.

Attached: 50a.jpg (484x750, 57K)

>everybody loses
No. Just publishers, rabbi.

its more than 1/3 here at this point. its truly disgusting.

>trying to buy a new game from GAMESTOP
>"Thbbt w-we do have it in stock brand new!!"
>Cashier leaves counter, grabs the display case
>Case was touched by 60 n*ggers and has the fuckhuge sticker saying NEW on it
>Tell them nevermind, I don't want it opened and leave
>Whenever I do feel like selling games, I use Ebay
Good let gamestop die

Attached: tenor (2).gif (498x280, 3.54M)

More for Lukiegames to artificially inflate prices on, without bots this time.

>"As we think about 2019 and beyond, we recognize the challenges facing our pre-owned video game business and are prepared to address them as we continue to evolve our business model going forward,"
> "Importantly, we will continue to leverage our powerful brand to drive growth and, with a new cost savings and profit improvement initiative in place, we will focus our efforts on driving profitability."

You can't be serious. Gamestop genuinely thinks that their unrbidled hebrew shenanigans with pre-owned games isn't focused 110% on saving money, maximizing profits, and coasts on nothing more than accessibility/brand recognition? What more could they possibly do to minimze how much they give to customers and maximize how much they sell back? Is every pre-owned game going to be full price and purchased for $1?

>no mexican gf(bf)

They probably make more money off of that stuff than off of video games.

>hire autists and tumblr rejects to man the till
>dedicate half your store space to selling toys and funko pops for little kids and manchildren
>sell opened games as new
>offer to buy used games that came out in the past six months for $5-15
>sell those exact same games for $55, "because it's a recent release"
>be surprised when people stop buying games from gamestop

Attached: 1454155415417.jpg (690x460, 167K)

You forgot
>Don't test the used games they get before selling them, forcing you to spend extra money to not get fucked over

They need to overhaul their branding. The merchandise is where all the money is and I think if they advertised themselves as a toy store they could get a lot more business.

>tfw also from Mexico
>Don't buy physical games anymore because poverty ;_;

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 97K)

I would argue that they are ethically incentivized to do this, because selling those $5 warranties just adds to however much money you get, and if your game is a broken piece of shit, oh well, the fag didn't buy the warranty. At best, they get their initial spending back but not the $5 warranty. At worst, they didn't pay a warranty and spent the price of your game for a worthless disc that doesn't work.

Which is precisely why I refuse to take any purchase from Gamestop whatsoever. I often bring them discs I absolutely can confirm do not work because the retards behind the counter will buy it for $5 anyways, but I do not ever make purchases from them. I have mom&pop stores that actively test games in front of me, both before I sell it to them and before I get my hands on their own copies, and they get every dime I can possibly spare. Fuck Gamestop.

holy shit bros, he even outlasted gamestop.

FCKING UNSTOPPABLE!

Attached: 1531690114549.jpg (1280x720, 60K)

Digital sales are going to kill physical. Or, at the very least take over as the main way to get games. This will absolutely murder Gamestop.

I always had good experiences at the Gamestop near me.
I know that isn't the standard, but I'll be sad to see that one store shut down.

>Digital sales are going to kill physical.

I don't see Spotify, Amazon Music, Google Play Music, Deezer, etc killing CD sales

Also Netflix isn't killing Blu-ray, DVD's

Yeah, physical sales will slow down but we will still get physical games

Fucking indie games get physical media these days.

Attached: guacbundle.png (1280x720, 1.53M)

They can close them all down for all I care
My local gamestop is full of cunts that never give me my preorder bonuses

join a drug cartel?

When's the last time you've seen a solely music or video store?

Indie games do limited print releases for guaranteed sell outs.

My local game store has far more variety of video games with retro games and better deals and service than GameStop. GameStop will never let go of their archaic practices and policies with game trading and other shit is what will ultimately kill them.

This happened to me when I worked at a truck stop. Some kid was following a coworker while he was cleaning, the ass introduced the kid to me and the kid started following me around. Why can't people watch their own goddamn kids, that kid's probably a skin suit for some other trucker.

Gamestop? More like Trainstop.

Attached: 1500243676480.jpg (750x937, 80K)

>When's the last time you've seen a solely music or video store?
Music stores exist all over the place. And have there ever been movie stores outside of rental places?

>When's the last time you've seen a solely music or video store?

In my country, there are several, no idea about America tho but i am sure that CD's are still selling there

>Indie games do limited print releases for guaranteed sell outs.

Yeah, some indie games gets limited releases but Guacamelee, Hollow Knight are getting normal releases.

>GameStop is fucking dead
our god is an awesome god

Attached: 35048058-young-cool-black-man-celebrating-sign.jpg (1300x987, 90K)

>being this much of a corporate dicksucking cuckhold

Attached: 1474176578254.png (166x304, 78K)

I think the last time I bought a game from a physical store was 2004 or so.

I went into Gamestop just today, and The World Ends With You was on "clearance" for $50 on Switch. Pro controllers are also $20 more expensive than literally everywhere else, and they don't price match. I'm not surprised in the least.

>think if they advertised themselves as a toy store they could get a lot more business.
worked for toys r us

Tile them I wanted to cancel a preorder of MK11 and they legit said "we'll be lonely come release day"

Attached: e83.png (1024x1301, 623K)

>and if your game is a broken piece of shit, oh well, the fag didn't buy the warranty

How are they not ethically incentivized to not sell broken shit in the first place?

>company that is inherently pro physical copy and actually gives you something in return for your money goes bankrupt
>Valve still exists, (((Gabe))) hasn't been killed or at least KOd by a real PC gamer that is mad over him killing gaming

This, my local gamestop has more toys, shirts, and other lootbox type future landfill than actual games

The real thing to scavenge is board games.

I wonder if that Switch version of the Guacamelee collection will have both games on cart or both games on separate carts or half ass it by having one game on cart while the other is a voucher to download it?

there is no reason for gamestop to exist

you guys buy video games in walmart while grocery shopping these days

it's a useless store, expect bankruptcy soon

>>company that is inherently pro physical copy and actually gives you something in return for your money

This is like saying EA is inherently pro consumer because they have a refund policy on digital games.

>go to EBGames
>bitch at the counter has blue hair
>take video game to counter
>starts talking about my little pony and asks if I think her mlp key chain is cute
>tell her to grow up
>get my shit and leave
Good riddance.

Attached: 1243860418021.png (333x323, 5K)

Walmart doesn't take in trade ins or sell used, and they're not in every area. That's the real reason gamestop is still in business.

Wut? Where did it come from?

$399 brand new console
$379 refurbished

TOTALLY WORTH IT

Wouldn't call it dead just yet, they recently brought in the guy that saved Advanced Auto Parts and Best Buy, the same guy that came up with the gamer club thing Best Buy was doing

Kek, it's a cartridge with both games

It's not like Guacamelee is over 10 GB

CD sections in American stores that still sell them have been cut down significantly in recent years. They're down to maybe an aisle at most.

>trade in
why the fuck would you sell a video game for 10% of its worth?

so do you really expect anyone to believe this pretty obvious falseflag you slag

Consoles are for physical copies, PC is for piracy
>bragging about PC being the first to cuck to digital only
It isn't the equivalent, the only legal option on PC is to pay for a download license.
Charging for a download license is inherently anti consumer. Not offering an actual physical copy is inherently anti consumer.

Attached: the only acceptable answer2.png (991x356, 19K)

>refurbished filled with spider eggs and dried semen
Never buy used

If they do go out of business I'll miss being able to buy weeb games in a store

PLOT TWIST: he was buying a switch

>the same guy that came up with the gamer club thing Best Buy was doing

The gamer club thing that was discontinued because it was costing the company too much?

Target and Best Buy, at least by me, stopped selling CDs a year or two ago.

>Amazon Mexico is where i buy at
It's not like there's any real difference between retail prices and amazon. Although I do agree that Gamers and Gameplanet are nothing but big heaps of shit that need to dissapear just like Gamestop. I don't even buy new console games, and the old ones I do need I just go to a tianguis to trade used games for the price of a six-pack of chelas.

Attached: 1341338584881.png (661x529, 19K)

youtube.com/watch?v=nBnzAepXOE8

The same reason pawn shops still exist.

>bragging about PC being the first to cuck to digital only
your anthem cd is as good as digital, once the servers go offline its just a useless piece of plastic

are you admitting you rob people for video games and sell it to gamestop?

PLOT TWISTER: she was flirting and wanted to fuck

>they recently brought in the guy that saved Advanced Auto Parts and Best Buy, the same guy that came up with the gamer club thing Best Buy was doing
Best Buy's problem was that their stores were too big and that they didn't have competitive pricing. Now they price-match and have shrunk some stores down. They're going fairly well now. The gamer club thing lost them money though, and i'm surprised they didn't stop doing it sooner. My sub is good until October though.

Some trucker's kid, he was sleeping in his truck and the kid wandered away from him. Maybe it's a normal trucker thing if they're divorced or something. I gave the kid a $20 to fuck off and go somewhere else.

who cares? only fucking dadshits and manchildren play on consoles.

Am I the only one who doesn't like buying digital? I hate the idea of just owning some intangible data on my hard drive.

Attached: 0015287004-0050657051.jpg (396x530, 34K)

The one that was wildly praised by consumers
It'll be interesting to see if this guy can save a third retailer or not

>It's not like there's any real difference between retail prices and amazon.

Except it is, Amazon Mexico games are 900-1000 MXN ($50-$60).

Gameplanet games are fucking $70-$80

>I'm gonna give you 20 dollars to fuck off
kek

The idea was that people would go to buy games and then buy something else while they were there. Most people buying games just wanted to buy games though. Then Amazon started doing the discount too, and Best Buy was making even less off of it.

PLOT TWISTED FIRESTARTER: he was the firestarter

>Merkel milkies

>The one that was wildly praised by consumers
Yeah, because best buy was basically shooting themselves in the foot.

Who is ready for liquidation?

I don't shop at Gamestop but do you think there aren't people who do that? Also actual pawn shops are liable for selling stolen merchandise

GameStop can't afford to eat the loss they would take on a similar program

In other words the vast majority of people who play video games and aren't chinks

Like I said, I don't really follow new releases on consoles (the very few modern games I buy I played them on my PC), but I'm pretty sure those prices are standarized, at least on nintendo consoles since I tried to buy the crash kart game on Switch as a gift the other day only to realize the release date is on june.

Attached: 1496521836868.jpg (639x437, 41K)

Their own sales are garbage now though. Not having to deal with Amazon's shitty shipping is the main reason I buy from them now.

>go to gamestop
>gamestop fucking dies
FUCKING GAMESTOP

>It's not like Guacamelee is over 10 GB

Capcom half-assed the Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 & 2 by having the first on cart and the second on a voucher. Both combined is roughly 8GB which they should've used an 8GB cart to put both on that single cart but NOPE, they half ass it by using 1GB cart for LC1 and for LC2 they use a voucher.

Literally buying compilations on Switch is a scam unless it has both games on a single cart(Azure Striker Gunvolt collection for example) or has both games on separate carts(Japanese version of Bayonetta 2 which has both games on separate cats in once case).

Having a compilation where one on cart and the other is a voucher literally makes you want to get them digitally instead or buy the compilation on PS4.

they were probably on their way to an arm wrestling tournament to try and win a new truck and bond along the way

>the vast majority of people
the vast majority of normies, casuals, and no skill collectors

Man that movie suuuuuuucked.

Actually, they're not even 4GB combined. Capcom probably didn't want to pay someone to make a splash screen to choose between both collections or wanted to fuck over people selling their game used.

This! You can't find niche games at Target or Best Buy. GameStop always has the niche games. At least you can buy the niche games off Amazon though.

why? did you find it a bit OVER THE TOP?

I used to, then I grew up. Shit's not going back, nobody gives a shit. The best stuff came out years ago. I don't want to accumulate more garbage anymore. Digital is the future and I'm cool with my games just living on a harddrive.

Attached: CopyThat.gif (720x405, 1.47M)

so what does this mean? it's hard to care.
i've read about gamestop being "in a bad spot" for like ten fucking years now.

T3 Trainstopping

That isn't an actual physical copy, an actual physical copy has the entire game on the physical media, doesn't require some console wannabe platform like Steam,GoG, or Epic if it is on PC, and doesn't require authorization by an official server at any point.
The only reason they can get away with the shit you mentioned is because of digital distribution. Praise le gaben though, right Valve drone?

Attached: no sympathy.png (648x301, 106K)

small talk isn't an attempt at starting a conversation, it's just an icebreaker

Fuck off.

nigger do you even know what specs is

or blockbuster

I used to go to this mall all the time

why so rude? Did they behead your brother?

Attached: 1542305897568.jpg (480x519, 19K)

>or blockbuster

Blockbuster is a fucking rental place, of course it was done for.

Point is, DVD's, Blu-rays are still selling, physical sales will slow down but we will still get them.

So the vast majority of people who play video games. Now you can include chinks since they value winning over skill to the point of literally paying to cheat.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=uA_3MnVen08

ur retarded

It means any day now I can go scoop up a bunch of cheap shit at a liquidation sale

the sad part will be anything part of the 'retro program' not liquidated will be smashed into pieces without question, including the consoles themselves.

Attached: rcssdfw.jpg (984x839, 68K)

I started buying digital on the Wii U, half my games I bought digitally because I wanted them as soon as they came out and I got sick of going to Walmart at midnight and dealing with the minimum wagies
Then with the Switch I went all digital, aside from BotW which I got alongside my Switch, and Labo which obviously you can't get digitally
No regrets, having my entire library easily accessible is great. No cart swapping or potentially losing them.
Also I've grown past the phase where I need to see a shelf full of video games. Nobody gives a fuck about your shelf full of games. Nobody.

>I started buying digital on the Wii U

Buying digital on the Wii U? disgusting.

Purchasing software is identical regardless of the delivery medium. You have the same rights to a physical copy as you do to a digital copy of a game.

Amazon's discount wasn't nearly as good as GCUs for multiple reasons. And GCU got me to shop at Best Buy for things other than vidya since I could put points from GCU purchases to get discounts on other products.

Now with GCU gone I have basically no reason to shop at Best Buy anymore and I'm probably not the only one/

lol I bought an entire 2TB hard drive for it
At least now it's seeing some action due to my Wii U being hacked, been loading that fucker up.

>mfw EB Games and Toys'R'Us are still in Canada

Attached: Palutena.jpg (858x720, 184K)

>Tfw I work at Gamestop part time but i'm transferring to a different (better) college this fall and i'm gonna miss out on the first dibs
GODDAMNIT DIE ALREADY.

Best Buy's GCU wasn't a sustainable business model. They canned it because it was costing 'em money.

Pretty sure this is spot-on. It’s like snacks being sold at a movie theater.

Fuck you.

It's not just opened display case, it's the fact that they always open it, often play it themselves, and still market it as "new". If it was to reduce shoplifting, then they put out the display case, sell new shrink-wrapped copies behind the counter, and eventually sell the display copy as used.

GameStop has been known to physically destroy games that can't sell, even retro titles.

Attached: 1525933669839.png (462x433, 407K)

Mexican gaming stores are growing and growing tho

EB games is owned by Gamestop. And bullshit about ToysRus, that entire comany went belly up.

Source?

Either way, they fucked themselves over they way they handled the Legacy Collection on Switch.

I was in gamestop buying DMCV the other day, and some guy was ranting about fallout 76 to the employee constantly. The employee was trying to take a middle ground position by saying they just wanted to try something new but it unfortunately didn't turn out well. The guy kept ranting about it and I was laughing in my head at how autistic he was. I kind a felt bad for the employee because I bet they get that all the time.

>Mexican gaming stores are growing and growing tho

Which is surprising honestly, considering that their games are way more expensive than buying them on Amazon

I think it's because Gameplanet do commercials like this one:

youtube.com/watch?v=v3D53tnYmQ8

Attached: 4B9.jpg (480x491, 31K)

I'd rather just use Amazon and Ebay desu.

Attached: 1527512721510.png (556x773, 439K)

>And bullshit about ToysRus, that entire comany went belly up.
Look it up fuckwit.
>EB games is owned by Gamestop
And probably won't go under like Gamestop did. Just like with Toys'R'Us Canada, somebody will look at EB Canada's numbers and costs and realize it's still a viable business. People like EB here. It's reputation is not nearly as bad as Gamestop's [though equally stuffed full of toys and other paraphernalia].

>go to gamestop
>it's shut down forever
fucking gamestop

I'm half tempted to join in the bashing of Gamestop, but I got some good memories from the store. I would always ride my bike into town just so I could window shop at Gamestop and a local Record Store, and small talk with the employees which sometimes had really cool stories to share. Like, one of the dudes working there had a copy of Mike Tyson's Punch Out! Gold, and had a crazy story to share about how it got into his possession. Or another dude who went to a MLG tournament in Vegas during the mid 2000's, and came in like 5th place overall, forget which game. Gonna miss the store, a little bit.

Attached: Salute.png (240x240, 8K)

Nope. When you pay for digital distribution all you are doing is giving them a glorified donation for a license to download. Your download license can be easily and legally revoked, an actual physical copy can't, on top of the fact you actually get something in return for your money and most of the cancers plaguing gaming today are because of digital distribution. Digital distribution and physical copies are completely different models, if you are too much of a brainlet to understand that then that is your fault. Games being sold physical only has already proven itself to be the best environment for great games to be made.
Pretentious indie film makers give their creations physical releases, the Jew ran movie industry gives their creations physical releases. Why should anyone pay for a game when you don't get anything in return for your money and the developer doesn't like their own creation enough to spend the extra money to give it a proper (physical) release? Support the developer is not an answer.
Paying for digital distribution shouldn't even be an option. Don't care about physical copies? Fine, then you should be exclusively pirating.

Even on steam, new AAA games cost 1200-1400 pesos. I'm really grateful for the price adjustment Valve did before the peso shat its bed. I wouldn't have that many games if it weren't for them.

>Even on steam, new AAA games cost 1200-1400 pesos

Yeah, i have noticed that, still, sometimes i find good prices or sales.

I don't m8, I only buy games on Gamers

>go to game stop years ago to get Godzilla on ps4, already know the game sucks but I just love Godzilla
>girl behind the counter asks if I really want this game, heard it was bad
>say I don't care, I just like Godzilla and big dumb monster movies
>she starts making small talk, asking where I work
>was a bouncer at a night club at the time
>she asks which one, turns out her friend is one of the waitresses there
>says maybe she'll see me there sometime
>tell her not to bother, the drinks are watered down and overpriced and the DJ sucks
>get my game and leave
>realize what I just did in the parking lot
>to ashamed to ever go back to that store
Fucking Gamestop

>I don't m8, I only buy games on Gamers

Absolutely disgusting, why? they are an even worse version of Gameplanet

Their pre-orders are fucked up as well

Attached: 640.png (288x415, 135K)

What a fucking retard.

You don't have to rub it in, I know I was a retard back then

>this is what normies consider flirting
No wonder I never get laid

last time I went to one, they didn't have the game I wanted on display, so I went and asked him. They had one copy (sealed, interestingly enough) and he was complaining that that they can never sell newer niche games because they only ever get one copy and that means they can either choose to open the one copy and try to pawn an open game off as new, or keep it sealed and off the shelf, where no one can see it.

I've never got a problem with pre-orders tho.

Maybe they wouldn't suck so much if they created a decent environment instead of harassing both their customers and employees and treating them like shit

What would a non-autist have said in this situation?

>Don't care about physical copies? Fine, then you should be exclusively pirating.
he's convinced me

It's okay user, I have my own shame. Back in Highschool I got a cute girl I was into to go on a "date" with me. We went for a nature walk at a nearby lake and when we sat down to relax and take in a view, I was too much of a pussy to make a move.. Her next boyfriend married her. She's hella rich btw

>hey, tell you what; let me know the next time you are there and I can get you some free drinks

That's when she gives you her number without you explicitly asking for it

>gets flushed
What does this actually mean?
Because I doubt it means all the employees got swirlies, though they probably earned one.

>tfw worked at a mall with a gamestop in high school and banged three different qt blue haired thick plastic glasses alt girl employees

I have a dozen stories like that

Why do you buy there? Their game selection is worse than Gameplanet (and that's saying a lot) also it's also expensive and plain bad.

I think that Gamers sells manga but i don't know anymore

it means they got embarrassed and their face turned red

God is fucking real holy shit

ask her for her number and text her a dick pic from the parking lot

Makes sense. I would have said something stupid like "Then i'll look forward to it" and left.

But what if you get fired for giving away free drinks?

If I wasn't struck with autism at that moment the smart thing to do would have been to invite her to the club and show some clout by skipping her past the line and take things from there
My boss at the time was pretty understanding and generally cool with you trying to pick up girls and get your dick wet at work as long as you weren't crazy at work and you knew when to get serious

>waiting until you get to the parking lot

bitches love to see you snap the dick pic right before you send it. it's like a seal of authenticity

>Noncommittal
Just affirm what she already said "Imply reciprocation but vague enough she could miss it"
>Committal
Ask for her number and say they should hang out or some shit. I'm a failed normie so I don't really know what people do but I can make some strong guesses.

you pay for the drinks, dummy.

I only buy there for pre-orders or discounts, I just bought Sekiro and DMC5

Sounds like a bad deal

If I was a dead-end wagecuck I'd probably enjoy talking to kids, at least they still enjoy life and maybe that would rub off on me.

How much did you pay for both?

I went to a gamestop for DMC V for the ps4 and they didn't have it. Had to go to a different gamestop across the street and they said they only had 5 left. Seems weird for a new hyped release like that.

I read that as "rub me off".

>new hyped release sells out
How is that weird

You would think they would stock up hard for the biggest games of the year.

1200 pesos each one

Capcom didn't produce or supply enough copies. Just two weeks after release in Vancouver Canada there was basically less than 6 copies left in the whole city and even some of the nearby towns too.

>1200 pesos each one

They are cheaper on Amazon Mexico

Attached: 12.gif (200x200, 5K)

It sucks but physical media is practically dead at this point, there's no putting the genie back the in the bottle. Not to mention most "physical" games nowadays are just a glorified download code since the goddamn day one patch can be larger than the actual game nowadays. Might as well cut out the middle man by this point.

>everybody loses
lol

>revenue of $3.1M
jesus christ that's fucking hilarious

Attached: ded.webm (320x240, 184K)

Physical isn't dead, people still buy them

Switch owners are the ones who buy physical releases the most

Attached: physical.jpg (535x362, 27K)

hahahahah I knew cashing in my last gift card on AC7 was a smart move.

Good riddance. Nothing like waiting in a long line because only one register is staffed to sit through a spiel on disc insurance, pre order offers you don't care about, and waiting for the system to verify your id. Shitty store always takes 10+ minutes of my life when it should take two.

Toys R Us might as well be dead in Canada though.

I was at the one in Metrotown like a month ago and it's a fucking ghost town.

Bands won't play no more?

>Switch owners are the ones who buy physical releases the most
>green line below red line
What did user mean by this

Look, some millionaire decided to buy it because it still turns a profit
>Metrotown
Sure but you're probably missing the fact that they turn good business around Christmas and generally have a corner on the "Children's Toys" market in the country. Metrotown is a bad example too, that mall is full of competitors and other options. I actually swing by he one on Broadway every time I hit my Dispensary and they're actually pretty busy sometimes. Sunday mornings in particular seem quite popular. I've even seen people lined up outside waiting for opening at 10 AM on a Sunday.

no surprise considering how limited the storage is, I guess

So did they not believe that DMC V would sell well?

That's because Nintendo is fucking retarded and only has do much space on the switch. I'd buy all physical for the console too considering I'd hate to have to buy an sd card also

I was specifically talking about TRU

There's literally no employees anywhere except for up at the front so you can pay, half the electronics section was just random clearance crap.

It's usually not too bad, just a few awkward moments to get them to go away, but last weekend I stopped in on one out of town and this dude just would not leave. He rolled up on me immediately, I was just trying to look at what figures they had in the case.

"WHAT FIGURES YOU COLLECT BRAH!?"

"Uhh.. you know, like Figuarts and GunPla and stuff..."

"WHAT KIND OF FIGUARTS YOU LIKE BRAH?!"

"Dragon Ball...."

"AWW SHIT WE GOT SOME DRAGON BALL STATUES RIGHT OVER HERE!"

"It's cool... I'm just browsing, just taking a quick look around.."

"WHAT KIND OF GAMES YOU LIKE?!"

This goes on for like five minutes.

Attached: 1554053529974.jpg (220x174, 13K)

Yeah. I think they were being cautious.

Ok

Gamestop was dead to me when I found out they opened new games and try to sell me that shit at full price.

Atleast you have quality tacos

>I lose when I buy from g2a
lmao get fucked shill. You against used music cds and movies too? You must think Disney is based as fuck for having a vault of bullshit too

SD cards are pretty cheap nowadays though

this is why youre a virgin user

I worked for gamestop once. It was awful.

Do American Gamestops sell retro games? Like NES, MegaDrive, N64 etc.
Because here in Sweden the oldest they sell is DS. If they started selling retro I might go there more often.

Only through online

the difference is once the console manufacture decide to stop selling physical there will be no disc drives
any company can make a dvd or cd player but for vidya as soon as the big 3 drop it its over. and sony and microsoft are definitely planning on in within the next 15 years

Same. I buy physical whenever I can unless if it's a situation where the game is only available digitally or the physical version is orders of magnitude more expensive.

>I started buying digital on the Wii U
Joke's on you, I'm a physicalfag that used Loadiine and WUP Installer GX2 to make my Wii U just like yours. I've still got my discs to loan out to my friends and do it all again for as many other Wii Us as I want.

But Moviebob said that GameStop closing was a bad thing!!!!

escapistmagazine.com/v2/2019/01/31/nonstop/

Attached: 473E285F-8445-4186-8AD3-2B40322012C2.png (614x694, 472K)

If they're going to die can I get a liquidation sale? I'll drop $50 on 15 games or whatever which will last me since it's the only place near me that sells games right now and after DMC5 I don't think a big AAA release will be coming that I want to get.

I hope they're ready to see a massive drop in sales then, especially if devs keep bloating game file sizes
Isn't it like flat out impossible to download Red Dead 2 if you have Comcast since the game is larger than the monthly cap, now consider how many people are forced to use Comcast because theres no alternative in their area
Same reason the stadia is going to be still born

Retail in general is dead/dying. Especially for stores that sell small items like media/collectibles/etc. 10 years from now the only stores around will be grocery & large appliances.

Attached: CwM_cp2WEAAAClB.jpg (1200x795, 191K)

There's a chance that instead of dying they'll fully embrace the ThinkGeek brand like investors have been pushing them to do, completing the transformation into a nerd-chic Hot Topic. Of course they'd still heavily downsize in that scenario. They might still do AAA games, console sales, and trade in used games on the side since they have all the stuff in place to do it.

Attached: 1535073575652.jpg (557x365, 17K)

it always suprises me when people can see something so obvious is going to happen in the future. do you think fortnite zoomers give a shit about physical? 20 years ago it took hours to download a 5 minute porn. the average internet speed is literally hundred of times faster today that it was in 1998. do you really think 20 years from now normies will still be messing around with discs when 95% of people have already moved to all digital today for music and movies?

Fucking this for the last 10 years half of my local mall has been empty and now with Sears gone its got one big store in it and half the building is closed off with really ramshackle barricades and boarded up doors.

>10 years from now the only stores around will be grocery & large appliances.
And movie theaters, restaurants, and other "service" businesses. The mall at the base of my office building is now 50% restaurants after it got renovated.

Anybody been to malls in here?
deadmalls.com/stories.html

Remember when Gamestop announced a new type of membership where you pay $60 and then take home a game, play it, bring it back, get a new game, and can repeat that over and over for a year for nothing more unless you damaged the game?

Remember when they cancelled that a week later, and it got out that it wasn't a cost thing but that their computer systems were literally too shit to handle something like that?

Attached: 1533829690732.jpg (792x825, 322K)

I went into my local mall the other day and it was genuinely shocking

the whole place was like a graveyard, the food court had barely 3 places even open, and basically every single other person there was either a security guard doing fuck all or a homeless person aimlessly walking around purely for the sake of being indoors. I know it's not exactly the season for all the shoppers to be out but I couldn't believe a relatively high-end mall would ever be so deserted

>movie theaters

That one is on borrowed time as well. Once a major film distributor lets people stream new movies from home it's all over. I agree with you on the other two though.

It’s kinda bullshit that designers don’t make money on their product. It’s kinda—-Jewish?

america was a goddamn mistake. I just spent 3 months in asia and it was comfy as fuck being able to walk around with stores and street vendors every 5 feet. or taking public transportation everywhere instead of being forced to own a car to go literally anywhere. This whole country is just a bunch of parking lots and highways. Why the fuck do we need these giant houses with massive lawns anyways?

Attached: 920x920.jpg (920x613, 88K)

Except TRS was cucked by venture capitalist and would have been doing relatively fair today if it wasn't bought-out by some chump with a load of debt.

I was just in Forest Fair/Cincinnati Mills mall in Ohio last weekend to go to Arcade Legacy
Walking through the dead ass mall to get to the arcade was a trip. Lights were dim as fuck, there were buckets everywhere to catch all the leaks from the ceiling, and I went to the bathroom to pee and the condition was laughable. Smelled like straight up piss, no door on one of the stalls, no toilet paper, every toilet had unflushed piss in it.
Arcade Legacy is legit as fuck though, love that place but haven't been in years prior. Had fun playing Jubeat and Musica. Hell they even had fucking Virtual-On. It was also cosplay anime girl night or some shit, weebs were out in full force.

Blame (literal) Boomers

Muh american dream. we need to buy the biggest house and the biggest car to find meaning in our lives

Attached: Percapitaft22.gif (1100x269, 24K)

You lose by introducing an unnecessary middle man. Sell the games yourself and make an actual profit while the person you're selling to ends up paying less. If you're using GameStop, then you're probably getting $10-20 while the next person buying it has to pay $54.99. Could have sold it for $40 to someone directly.

inb4 cagers start seething about how their 40 mile commutes are actually freedom

>Why the fuck do we need these giant houses with massive lawns anyways?
>massive lawns
newer suburban sprawls here barely have walking distance inbetween houses now. Tiny as fuck backyards and shit.

still cheaper than making apartments/condos everywhere though

>and eventually sell the display copy as used.
Wagie here, company secret but they do exactly this if the new copy just doesn't sell for a predetermined period of time. The SKU is changed from a new one to a used one and overnight we just switch the switchers. Oftentimes if you ever see a really niche or shitty as fuck game labeled as "used", I'm talking shit any store would only get one copy of, it's not used, it's our new copy no one bought for months converted to used. Shhhh..

Attached: 1453143478936.jpg (1080x1080, 113K)

What about people like me where Gamestop is the only game store near me?

Former GS employee here, can't wait to see this shithole burn. They treat their employees like shit.

My store has 52 pre-orders, where are you at?

>Except TRS was cucked by venture capitalist
What do you think will happen to Gamestop?

Also how many major retail toy store chains can you think of that still exist?

Amazon you fucking idiot.

Who?

Guess it depends on your area, I had one mall on that website but another mall that's not that is very alive.

One of their biggest problems right now is that they stock too much shit that people don't buy, a lot of it from their ThinkGeek brand. It's not that I'm one of those people who think that they shouldn't stock collectibles/apparel, but it's clear that there is a problem when every Gamestop has a clearance section that is overflowing with shit that is marked down 75% and people still aren't biting.

And nothing of value was lost.

Attached: tenor (7).gif (238x196, 847K)

The greatest video game and movie critic of all time.

A Facist that thinks people should be put to death and believes in eugenics and the master race.

Also he has diabetes from being fat.

Did they give your mom a Dirty Sanchez? Was the guy's name Dirty Sanchez?

I don't care about shops that have no practical purpose to remain in retail disappearing, though I am worried about all the clothing chains who are pushing for e-commerce. Food markets are starting to rise in interest as well.

Its to easy to scam on crap materials over the internet and some shops source their stuff from like 50 different suppliers with their own standards so you cant use any previously bought items to use as a point of reference when choosing a size.

Attached: 1548697454266.jpg (2400x2400, 746K)

Sounds like a total fag.

Are funko pops no longer popular with manchildren?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=D7LQmF6COug

Did Brian deserve this?

I think that bubble is bursting.

>Gamestop takes a trade-in of Resident Evil 2 for $20, or a whole two dollars more for Pro members, $16 cash
>They mark it back up to $55, only $5 less than a brand new copy

They're fucking assholes, and deserve all the shit they're getting.

>black on black violence
yes

Oh my god, that is the worst. I had a guy bust out a binder full of upcoming Funko Pop figurines, to see if I wanted to preorder any.

>>sell opened games as new

This is the only reason I dont buy from them and the reason I'm glad they're dead.

Dont open a fucking game and then try to sell it for me for full price after its been opened. I dont care if its never been played, that shit is not new anymore, period.

Fuck Gamestop.

my mall is strange
it has a nice newer theater, 1 level, a fucking Sears, used to have a Bonton and its all fucking clothing stores 90%+.

its kinda scary to think of the mall shutting down, i spent a ton time at the arcade in its golden days.

gimme those gundam models for 99% off!
ill take them all!

not only that, fucker, they ALSO get those games CHEAPER buying them in bulk knowing that the popular shit like RE2 will sell.

then its ALL PROFIT when it comes to shit like Smash or Zelda or FIFA.

Brian sounds like a based black man though seeing how he didn’t chimp out

I assume most buy their Funko pops online.

>walk into gamestop
>pick out game
>cashier rings up game
>asks if i want a warranty or to join their membership shit
>say no to both
>pay
>leave
FUCKING GAMESTOP

DSP died a long time ago

S to spit on Its grave, nothing of value was lost.
I still feel sad for Suncoast dying, I feel nothing from shitstop, eatshit, your shitty practices will not be missed

Attached: IMG_20190322_141313.jpg (369x496, 20K)

Those are still full price, but we have about fifty of these lanyards with a taco-cat on them, and about twenty of these retro style Fallout action figures. Could I interest you in a blind box that contain meme inspired plushies?

>work at fucking EB Games in Australia
>hear the jewish parent company is going under at least once a week
>don't give a shit because we still make fucking bank in this country so they leave us alone

In Michigan, there are many dedicated music stores around here

I started shopping at pawn shops for used games now for the last 6 years, they give me far better deal than Gamestop

>7 days after release of the first South Park game
>go to buy at gamestop
>"sorry we' only have enough games for people who pre ordered"
>go onto smart phone and buy a copy on amazon within minutes of convo
They tried to create this artificial scarcity of games so you would fall for the preorder meme. They deserve this.

Attached: Trading in games at Gamestop.jpg (1280x845, 115K)

That sounds more like a problem with Gamestop than used games in general.

How many of them sell CDs and aren't just vinyl shops?

>When you pay for digital distribution all you are doing is giving them a glorified donation for a license to download
You are paying for a license to use the software, to be delivered to you over the internet.
When you buy a physical game (or any physical software), you are purchasing a license to use the software, delivered via physical storage medium.

seriously, people spend most of their life looking at the grey walls along motorway these days

Bros what if my ps3 dies i used those system warranties

>in line for midnight release of Halo 3
>long fucking line
>some dude-bros start throwing around a football to pass time
>dude-bro overthrows the ball and hits some Boomer in the face and breaks his glasses
>no one laughs except for me.
It left me with some memories.

Attached: maxresdefault (11).jpg (1280x720, 37K)

>buying long term warranties ever

Attached: 1538076090406.gif (173x267, 2.51M)

Wal-Mart here in austin texas sells used games and takes trade in's but it's all really sucky stuff

I think there some kind of membership program but i would always just use the game stop next door

Yeah, except that if Sega has a problem with Sonic the Hedgehog 3 sampling Michael Jackson's music or some shit, they have to send actual secret agents to my house to wrestle away my copy.

The whole "you're only buying a license" only applies to computer software, not physical console games. You still have first sale rights to physical console games you buy and therfore own those copies.

Sorry I stand corrected. I don't shop at Walmart and didn't know about it.

An excelent attached image

>54 dollars for a used 2 year old game or 60 for a new copy.
They aren't even trying anymore. Why would I even bother at that price?

>Yeah, except that if Sega has a problem with Sonic the Hedgehog 3 sampling Michael Jackson's music or some shit, they have to send actual secret agents to my house to wrestle away my copy.
And if they have a problem with Sonic the Hedgehog 3 sampling MJ's music, they have to send secret agents to your house to delete your cracked copy.

>You still have first sale rights to physical console games you buy and therfore own those copies
You own the physical medium. You are not buying the right to own the software itself; you're buying a license to use it.

i got a MMX nendo for $20 on sale.
damn nice considering it was like $60

You don't have to crack a physical copy to maintain ownership rights. Legally speaking, you own the console games you buy, not just a license to play them. No amount of EULAs can override the law.

Practically speaking, if you can back up and play your digital copy then without an online check then you effectively own the game and the only difference between that and buying physical is the storage medium regardless of muh licenses

this
no one reads the agreements with digital shit.

ie; you own NOTHING and they can take it away whenever they want on Steam. Epic, Blizz, whoever has a store.

shit, i wonder if they will take away Borderlands from steam owners? they can, its in their right.

>walk into gamestop
>pick out game
>cashier rings up game
>asks if i want a warranty or to join their membership shit
>say no to both
>They say they still need a phone number
>tell them no
>they argue
>leave

Fuck. I need to go to "buy" some games that I'm missing manuals/boxes for and then return them the next day without the artwork or manual. If they go out of business I'll have nowhere else to do this,

Attached: 1545019135386.jpg (631x505, 23K)

dis :D

Attached: 0d977f297370d7ef97e74d2db67bb514f37df5097b91aef36f4c5160049ed2e1.gif (630x420, 255K)

gamestop follows the nintendo mentality of only shipping to their exact orders, which is why they're always out of stock of new games. Also why people don't go there anymore, expecting games will be sold out, and not bothering with preorders. So they fill up their store with more non-gaming shit. I could tolerate movies back in the day, they even had some decent deals. But now there's clothes and candy and shitty inflatable toys and why? Why would they have that shit in a store for games?

Again, that doesn't apply to console games. You are buying the right to own the copy of the console games you buy, not just a license. Computer software isn't protected under first sale doctrine like console games are, conflating ownership rights with IP rights or appealing to EULAs doesn't change that.

but there is no way for this shit to work without it going GOTTA START UP X LAUNCHER FIRST OR YOU CANT PLAY!!!!!!!!

My man.
It's how I ended up with a copy of custom robo and kirby air ride's boxes. No manuals sadly.
I did manage to get legendia's box and manual (with no game funnily enough, they just gave the box to me since I bought other shit).
Times like those I'm reminded that it's not all horrible, and it's worth the occasional disc with no box at all and just a shitty paper sleeve.

It's a mistake

I know your pain, /vr/ bro
GS is how I got Solotorobo+Music CD for $15, Devil's Third, Africa...
They've been pretty good to me, all and all.

Of course there is, GOG and itcho to do it just fine.

I have a $50 gift card what the hell should I use it on before they are kill

It was down 8% after hours after missing earnings by 8%
I have stock and some puts, so hopefully I'm not screwed with both.

>>physical console games

>They tried to create this artificial scarcity of games so you would fall for the preorder meme. They deserve this.
If the game isn't AAA or at the very least AA with moderate marketing, this is unironically true.

A new game prolly
Or get like 10 good, cheap 360 games

>You don't have to crack a physical copy to maintain ownership rights
Yes, you do, just as much as you do for a digital copy. If you are connected to the internet and they decide to revoke your rights to your physical copy, it's gone, just like a digital one. Unless of course the game is DRM free, in which case they're just as capable of taking away your DRM free files as they are your physical disk.
>No amount of EULAs can override the law.
You are so fucking stupid. You do realize EULAs are equally applicable to digital games right? You cannot be prosecuted for using a cracked copy of a game you've purchased regardless of how you originally purchased it.
>Practically speaking, if you can back up and play your digital copy then without an online check then you effectively own the game and the only difference between that and buying physical is the storage medium regardless of muh licenses
Yes, thank you for FINALLY understanding why your argument is fucking wrong and retarded.
All of that applies equally to physical games.

>Again, that doesn't apply to console games. You are buying the right to own the copy of the console games you buy, not just a license
Wrong. You're buying a right to use the software. They can easily ban you from using it at any time. In fact, it's legal for the manufacturer to brick your console at any time as well. Consoles are literal DRM boxes.

who am i gonna call to ask for battletoads

Attached: 1369950902311.png (573x200, 38K)

They'll destroy it before selling it for a discount.

>You are so fucking stupid. Yes, thank you for FINALLY understanding why your argument is fucking wrong and retarded.
>If you are connected to the internet and they decide to revoke your rights to your physical copy it's gone, just like a digital one

????????????????

Attached: 1543803283483.jpg (399x400, 55K)

You can repeat it as many times as you want, doesn't make it true.

>They can easily ban you from using it at any time. In fact, it's legal for the manufacturer to brick your console at any time as well
lmao good luck with that champ.

You're likely to be banned, hacked, or have servers shut down and lose your account than some corporation taking your physical game.
You can easily set up a new account and play your physical games if you're ever banned.
More than a hundred Steam users were banned just for referencing or praising the New Zealand mosque shooter.

They were community banned. They can't participate in dumb faggy social network shit that is irrelevant to games, but their games, and access to the store is unhindered.

They did make money off it when it was purchased brand new, retard.

>just got a refurbished new 3ds xl at jew stop
>get a 64gb card at the store next door
>spend an hour hacking it
>free games, no money for nintendy
gonna miss ya gamestop

Attached: 1524058502469.png (554x400, 66K)

I just hate their practice of opening new games for display cases and selling it as new later on.
I bought a steelbook copy of a game and it came with a generic case, not even the steelbook.

Should've asked if you can have the steelbook instead of the case.

>360 game got cracked more you played them in center for some reason
>go to gamestop to buy a copy of gears
>go home and put my copy in the case
>go back and return it
>employee who looked fucking miserable didn't even open the case to check if a game was inside
>got a clean copy of gears

Attached: 1544402005794.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

>You cannot be prosecuted for using a cracked copy of a game you've purchased regardless of how you originally purchased it.
The DMCA says hello.

>You're buying a right to use the software
Wrong.
>They can easily ban you from using it at any time.
>Consoles are literal DRM boxes.
No major console requires an internet connection to play games. The only DRM physical console games have is the one that prevents bootleg copies, but that does not change the fact you legally own the copy of the game itself.

Got a copy of Wuppo Special Edition like that. Soundtrack was still intact.

Yes? Are you fucking stupid? If you are on the internet the manufactuerer of the console and publisher of the game have you by the balls. Regardless of whether or not revoking your copy is legal, they can do it just as easily on console as on PC. Easier in fact, since being online on console requires you to download updates unlike on PC where you can have your system online but not connect to DRM servers (eg Steam) or update your game. The difference being if they revoke your game rights on a console game, you have to take legal action to get them back, versus them revoking your rights to a PC game, where you just download a crack.
>You're likely to be banned, hacked, or have servers shut down and lose your account than some corporation taking your physical game.
The same applies to a digital game.

Will we finally be able to get cheaper digital games at launch vs physical? I thought it was the threat of physical stores not stocking games if the digital launch price was lower.

>Gamestop dies
>have to go to my Best Buy miles away if I want to browse used games on a whim.

Attached: 1352484045092.jpg (441x411, 15K)

Literally none of that applies to actual physical games. Nintendo, Sega, Konami or whoever can't suddenly take away your physical games or stop you from playing them. A "physical" that requires an online check isn't the same thing.

>The DMCA says hello.
DMCA has nothing to do with using cracked software. If you've purchased the software, using it cracked is legal.
>Wrong.
Right. Read your fucking manuals and cases dipshit.
>No major console requires an internet connection to play games.
And no PC requires an internet connection to play games.
>but that does not change the fact you legally own the copy of the game itself.
Just like with PC games, digital or not.

>Nintendo, Sega, Konami or whoever can't suddenly take away your physical games or stop you from playing them
of course not. If they're DRM free. If you have a DRM free digital game they also cannot take that away either, dipshit.

>they can do it just as easily on console as on PC. Easier in fact, since being online on console requires you to download updates

You are absolutely fucking retarded dude. Most physical console games don't require online and the first part of that post you called retarded is talking about the legality of ownership.

>RDR2 poster
ALWAYS ANOTHER GODDAMN TRAIN

> Most physical console games don't require online
Most digital games don't require online either. Usually when they do there's a huge shitstorm about it and it's removed. Of course you can just pirate those games that do, just like console games that require a connection.
>the first part of that post you called retarded is talking about the legality of ownership.
Yeah, I called him a retard for saying cracks for games you've purchase are illegal, what of it?

No, even if they have DRM you failed abortion. I can't make copies of my physical console games that are playable on anything other than cracked consoles, but I still own those games legally and demonstrably. Even if I want to resell my physical copy of sonic the hedgehog there's fuckall Sega can legally do about it, because it's not a license you retard.

RAPE ME MY FRIEND

>No, even if they have DRM you failed abortion.
Yes, you fucking dipshit. If it has DRM such as Denuvo they can revoke your ability to play the game.
>console games
Console games can be revoked any time you're online, and in fact it's easier since consoles require you to connect to the manufacturer's servers at all times.
>but I still own those games legally and demonstrably
No, you own a right to use those games. Just like a digital copy. Both are the LITERAL same thing. Read your fucking boxes and manuals.
> Even if I want to resell my physical copy of sonic the hedgehog there's fuckall Sega can legally do about it, because it's not a license you retard.
This applies to literally any DRM free game.

>Most digital games don't require online either. Usually when they do there's a huge shitstorm about it and it's removed.
Stop conflatiing always online with needing an internet connection even once to play the game at all you disingenuous fuck.
>Of course you can just pirate those games that do, just like console games that require a connection.
Which virtually none of them do other than multiplayer online-only games. You can't say the same for digital on PC.

>Yeah, I called him a retard for saying cracks for games you've purchase are illegal, what of it?
That's not even remotely what I said you fucking illiterate. I even separated "legally speaking" and "practically speaking" in two separate categories. Work on your reading comprehension you absolute retard.

and nothing of value was lost

Kek

>Stop conflatiing always online with needing an internet connection even once to play the game at all you disingenuous fuck.
It doesn't fucking matter you fucking retard. IF the game isn't always online, then the publisher can't do FUCKING SHIT to delete it from your system. Even if they revoke your right to play it through whatever DRM you've purchased it through (EG Steam or the Epic Store), you can still download a crack for the game.
>Which virtually none of them do other than multiplayer online-only games. You can't say the same for digital on PC.
So you admit you're conflating DRM with digital games?
>That's not even remotely what I said you fucking illiterate. I even separated "legally speaking" and "practically speaking" in two separate categories. Work on your reading comprehension you absolute retard.
That's a whole lot of fucking nothing. Buying a physical game and buying a digital game are in all ways equal, legally or practically, with the LITERAL
ONLY
EXCEPTION
BEING
HOW
THE
GAME
IS
DELIVERED
YOU STUPID FUCKING CONSOLEFAGGOT.

>Yes, you fucking dipshit.
No, you failed aborition.
>If it has DRM such as Denuvo
We're talking about CONSOLE DRM you shitsniveling weasel.
>No, you own a right to use those games.
No matter how many times you repeat this you will always be wrong. Physical console games are protected under first sale doctrine unlike other types of software. It's an indisputable fact, they are LITERALLY not the same.
>Read your fucking boxes and manuals.
Read US law you fucking moron.
>This applies to literally any DRM free game.
Except a game being DRM free doesn't change the law, only what you are capable of doing with a game without having to crack it. Hence why I said there's fuckall they can LEGALLY do about it.

>No, you failed aborition.
Yes, you fucking dipshit. If it has DRM such as Denuvo that performs online checks they can revoke your right to use it. The medium DOES NOT fucking affect this in any way.
>We're talking about CONSOLE DRM you shitsniveling weasel.
WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK ABOUT CONSOLE DRM
IT'S LITERALLY THE SAME SHIT
IT CAN BE REVOKED AT ANY TIME BUT SURPRISE JUST LIKE A FUCKING PC GAME WITH DRM IT'S NOT GOING TO ACTUALLY FUCKING HAPPEN
THE ONLY EXCEPTION IS WHEN YOU GET YOUR UNDERAGED ASS BANNED FROM A MULTIPLAYER GAME FOR SAYING NIGGER AND THAT'S STILL GOING TO HAPPEN REGARDLESS OF PLATFORM OR WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE A PIECE OF PLASTIC WITH THE GAME'S LOGO ON IT
>No matter how many times you repeat this you will always be wrong
No matter how many times you fail to read your fucking documents you will always be wrong, underage consoleturd.
>Physical console games are protected under first sale doctrine unlike other types of software.
Other types of software are too, dipshit.
>Read US law you fucking moron.
You first, 12-year-old.

>Except a game being DRM free doesn't change the law, only what you are capable of doing with a game without having to crack it. Hence why I said there's fuckall they can LEGALLY do about it.
THIS APPLIES
TO
LIITERALLY
E
V
E
R
Y
GAME EVER FUCKING MADE YOU STUPID CONSOLEFAG

>It doesn't fucking matter you fucking retard.
Yes it fucking does you fucking mongoloid.
>IF the game isn't always online, then the publisher can't do FUCKING SHIT to delete it from your system.
They can literally prevent you from playing them even if its on your system unless you crack it retard.

>That's a whole lot of fucking nothing.
That's your entire fucking argument. A whole lot of fucking nothing. Buying a physical console game is objectively, factually, provably not the same as buying digital legally or practically. You can continue to ignore all the differences you want but you will still be wrong at the end of the day.

Now fuck off autist.

They tried this shit with me too but they also said they needed my address
I walked out and never went to that store again

When I went to Wal-Mart right after all I needed to do was give them money

It was an online order and sold out everywhere.
What I heard was I should have called customer service. At least one person thought I would have gotten the refund and likely keep the game I got.

Actual physical copies of games you can just pop into your console are a rarity nowadays. I've noticed a trend with several games over the past year. The disc will only have a dummy file of a few hundred MBs, and you're required to download an "update" of 40-50 gigs -essentially the entire game. Just recently when I installed Division 2 there was only 398mb on disc, with a 45gb download. That's not buying a physical copy, that's buying a passkey to a digital file.

Thank god. Fucking hate those upselling faggots.

This, I must be an outlier, but the two GameStops I’ve gone to consistently throughout my life (worked at one for two years in highschool, working for them wasn’t terrible, being in an upper middle class shopping avenue) have always been nicely set up with friendly employees that just ask the basic questions, I say no, pay and leave. I’ll miss those two stores in particular, if anything.

>(Area code) 8 6 7 5 3 Zero 9

I'm sure most wouldn't recognize the number, more so if you say zero instead of O

>Yes it fucking does you fucking mongoloid.
No, it doesn't, full fucking stop. If the game is not communicating with another server via the internet, then it is physically fucking impossible for your ability to play it to be revoked remotely. The internet isn't magical, you stupid fucking zoomer faggot.
>They can literally prevent you from playing them even if its on your system unless you crack it retard.
Nope, fucking wrong. That only works if it has some form of always online or online-reporting DRM such as Denuvo or Steam. if a digital game is DRM free, they can't do fucking shit about it. CDPR can't do shit to revoke your GOG games other than stop you from being able to redownload them. Of course I'm expecting a retarded zoomer who thinks the internet is literal magic to understand the difference between DRM and digital/physical games

Writing in all caps like a raging autist isn't going to salvage your failure of an argument. It just makes you look like a raging autist.

>WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK ABOUT CONSOLE DRM
You literally brought it up shithead. And it's literally not the same shit, since console drm != online drm. It can't be revoked because you don't need to be online to play normal console games.

>Other types of software are too, dipshit.
Wrong faggot. Hence why they're sold to you as a "license".

>No matter how many times you fail to read your fucking documents you will always be wrong, underage consoleturd.
>You first, 12-year-old.
You're not very convincing when you're pulling that 15 year old "no u" copycat bullshit, kid.

I bought Fallout 76, ha ha, and it installed from the disc. But the update, for everyone, was a download the size of the original game.
I haven't tried many other recent games but some claim disconnecting from the internet will install from the disc. Spyro excluded.

Not just you, I love physically owning my games. I buy 'em on Amazon so I don't have to deal with Gamestop bs. I'll admit the cases have been piling up over the years and I'm kinda low on space, but I'm still not even close to running out.

Thinking about everything going digital is kinda depressing, even if it's the times changing, but Physical will always have an audience.

guys don't know how good we had it back in the day!

Attached: gaming back azn.jpg (1152x768, 159K)

Pussies, real men just take the fucking box or manual with them, they never give a fuck unless you’re stealing the actual game

I hate to break up your party, and gamestop has proven to have braindead management, but this doesn't mean they're going under yet. I really doubt this is enough for going concern to be an issue.

I'm not American so I don't know shit about fucking Gamestop but how hard can it be to run a videogame store, like fuck dude just sell some fucking games. I often hear digital and Amazon killed retailers but I know a shitload of people that prefer physical games and Amazon is not midnight/day1 reliable and some games might not be on stock. Seriously Just sell games, hold some events and have a good reward system for costumers

2nd and Charles

Jokes on you if they actually have the fucking game though

>No, it doesn't, full fucking stop.
Yes it does.
>If the game is not communicating with another server via the internet, then it is physically fucking impossible for your ability to play it to be revoked remotely
Which applies moreso to physical games, especially console games and not cucked cdkey-on-a-disc "physical", than it does to digital games that require online authentication to play.
>The internet isn't magical, you stupid fucking zoomer faggot.
I've got older than you kid. You don't know how the internet works.

>Nope, fucking wrong. That only works if it has some form of always online or online-reporting DRM such as Denuvo or Steam. if a digital game is DRM free, they can't do fucking shit about it.

Literally nothing you said refutes my statement. For someone who calls other retarded zoomers Your reading comprehension is fucking abysmal.

Name 1 difference between buying Fallout 4 for your console and Fallout 1 on GOG that makes Fallout 4 the superior purchase in terms of ownership, you retarded zoomer consolefaggot

Here you know what, I'll list them for you:
>your license to Fallout 4 can be revoked, legally or not, at any time if your system is ever connected to the internet when you run it, since it is a console game the only way to undo this would be to take legal action against Bethesda and/or MS/Sony
>Fallout 1 cannot as the game is simply an executable file on your PC and any way that GOG could try to remove it from your PC would be blocked by windows and/or your antivirus software as it would be identical to a virus in function. Even if they magically revoked your ability to play your DRM free game, you could just legally download a cracked copy
>your ability to play Fallout 4 can be revoked indirectly by the console manufacturer arbitrarily banning your console at their discretion and simply lie about the reasoning behind it being that your system was hacked, which they are entirely within their rights to do as there is no way you could prove to a court that you were not using a hacked console once it was bricked and you agreed to the terms of service that said they were able to do this when you connected to their online service
>your ability to Fallout 1 can't be revoked indirectly by your PC manufacturer because that's impossible to do, and if you suddenly lost your ability to use Windows (even though Windows still continues to operate after detecting that your key is invalid) you could still play the game through Linux or a fresh install of Windows
There you go, retard.

Attached: gamer girl.jpg (720x540, 69K)

>You literally brought it up shithead. And it's literally not the same shit, since console drm != online drm. It can't be revoked because you don't need to be online to play normal console games.
It can be revoked any time you're online. If you're always offline, then your digital PC games can't be revoked either. Computers aren't magically able to be affected without a connection dipshit.
>Wrong faggot. Hence why they're sold to you as a "license".
Console games are as well.
>You're not very convincing when you're pulling that 15 year old "no u" copycat bullshit, kid.
Sorry, I just assumed you were a child since you lack a basic understanding of how computers function and believe that PCs can magically have their files altered remotely without an internet connection.

fuck off boomer i ain't playing cardboard bullshit with other people

>Actual physical copies of games you can just pop into your console are a rarity nowadays
That isn't true at all. Vast majority of console games nowadays can be played offline without having to download patches. If you're talking about having to wait for an installation that's another story.

>Yes it does.
Ok, so your argument is that PCs are magic? Fuck off retard.
>Which applies moreso to physical games, especially console games and not cucked cdkey-on-a-disc "physical", than it does to digital games that require online authentication to play.
Wrong. It applies to literally any game without always online DRM, regardless of delivery method.
>I've got older than you kid. You don't know how the internet works.
Yes I do. You're the one claiming that your license to use a DRM free game can be revoked magically.

Attached: 1384540941043.jpg (403x392, 56K)

I have tried to go physical, with the exception of games that are digital only or codes that come with games. At least half of my games are physical, the rest are digital because of GWG.
I've made an exception with some digital backwards compatible games.

>>your license to Fallout 4 can be revoked, legally or not, at any time
Not if its a console copy.

Why not compare the same game across physical vs digital? What a fucking dumb comparison. No wonder you're so retarded.

GameStop? MORE LIKE GAYSTOP!

No because I'm not a consolefag. There's no difference between buying a game and installing it from a disk and buying a game and installing it from the internet. I dont' buy games with shitty DRM though, miss me with that gay shit

The women in that photo is most likely nearing 40.....time flies...

>Not if its a console copy.
Yes actually, even moreso on console where your balls are held in the vice of the manufacturer and publisher at all times due to it being a closed platform.
>Why not compare the same game across physical vs digital?
Alright, name the differences between buying a physical copy of The Witcher 2 and buying a GOG copy of The Witcher 2. Name a single fucking difference other than you get a piece of plastic and a cardboard box with the former. I'll wait. I'll concede my entire argument if you can name a single difference.

herro gaijin

Attached: e3 slut 13.jpg (720x480, 48K)

Attached: gamesforgirlzzzzz.jpg (500x668, 133K)

it is worse than piracy

>It can be revoked any time you're online.
No it can't you mong. Your hypothetical paranoid scenario of console manufactures bricking people's consoles that are connected online isn't the same as revoking the "license" to play games you already own physically.
>If you're always offline, then your digital PC games can't be revoked either
Digital PC games more often than not require some form of online auth to play them, unlike genuine physical games. The main exception is DRM-free games, which are still just a "license" but it doesn't matter since you practically own them.
>Console games are as well.
Wrong again faggot. Console games are not licenses.
>Sorry, I just assumed you were a child since you lack a basic understanding of how computers function and believe that PCs can magically have their files altered remotely without an internet connection.
Nice baseless accusations. You're a clownshoe.

>turning it in secondhand? I'll give you $17.12 and this candy wrapper

I don't think gamestop gets much of a margin for new games, which is why they are so reliant on used games sales. The real question is why they aren't trying to incentivize used games.

sneaky.

>9/9/99
hmmmmm....

Attached: 1537824229761.png (415x403, 8K)

>No it can't you mong
Yes it can, you dipshit. That's how closed platforms work. You are at the complete mercy of the platform holder.
>our hypothetical paranoid scenario of console manufactures
Versus your hypothetical paranoid scenario of your digital game being revoked?
>Digital PC games more often than not require some form of online auth to play them
Wrong. Digital PC games WITH DRM often require some form of online authorization. However, DRM and the delivery medium are not the same thing, as i have spent several hours trying to convince your retarded consolefaggot ass.

>Ok, so your argument is that PCs are magic? Fuck off retard.
Nah you're just a retard who can't read or argue,
>Wrong. It applies to literally any game without always online DRM, regardless of delivery method.
It applies to games that require any form of online auth to play, regardless of whether it needs a constant connection. Online DRM is more ubiquitous among digital games than genuine physical.
>You're the one claiming that your license to use a DRM free game can be revoked magically.
Actually you're the one claiming that your right to own and play physical console games can be revoked magically. So no you don't.

this is an advanced rare merchant

these two guys raped that girl

Attached: funcoland1.jpg (640x435, 149K)

>the wait is over

Attached: shmmp.jpg (513x512, 120K)

>Nah you're just a retard who can't read or argue,
I can read. You're claiming that a PC game can be revoked without an internet connection
>b-but I didn't say that
You said that console games are harder to revoke if you're not connected to the internet. That's factually incorrect. Neither can be revoked if you're not on the internet.
>b-but you can't play some DRM games on PC offline!
Cracks dipshit.
>It applies to games that require any form of online auth to play,
We're talking about physical vs. digital, not DRM, dipshit.
>Actually you're the one claiming that your right to own and play physical console games can be revoked magically.
Nah, I said that the manufacturer can ban your system at any time, which is factually correct. How do you think they ban hacked consoles dipshit?

NOOOOO

I INVESTED A THOUSAND DOLLARS INTO GAMESTOP

Attached: images (2).jpg (225x224, 5K)

Attached: funcoland4.jpg (300x211, 24K)

wouldn't surprise if this is true

>funcoland
oh man totally forgot about that place.

I wonder what it will be like for children born now to play a game like Dead Rising in the future, when they grew up in a world without malls.

its because GOG is fucking like it used to be in the goddamn 90s! buy a game, get the game. just start the damn exe!

Honestly the best bet is to buy from the Xbox store or Amazon. Amazon will usually sell new releases for under 1000. I haven't spent more than that on a new game in years, even after our currency imploded.

Stop arguing with the consolefag, he thinks digital = DRM

When I get bored of fallout 4 I can sell it for cash or a discount on my next game from GameStop

It's common knowledge that gamestop is an absolute shit stock investment

>Yes actually, even moreso on console where your balls are held in the vice of the manufacturer and publisher at all times due to it being a closed platform.
Nope, you're still talking out of your ass. If I buy a console copy of Fallout 4 for my PS4 there's nothing those companies can do to legally revoke my right to it. On PC if you buy Fallout 4 digitally not only do you not own it, but Steam or Bethesda can decide at any time to revoke access to your game unless you crack it.
>Alright, name the differences between buying a physical copy of The Witcher 2 and buying a GOG copy of The Witcher 2. Name a single fucking difference other than you get a piece of plastic and a cardboard box with the former. I'll wait. I'll concede my entire argument if you can name a single difference.
Legally? If you buy a physical CONSOLE copy of the Witcher 2 you own it. On PC you are just paying for a license to use the software. Computer software isn't protected under first sale doctrine with one of the few exceptions being console games.

Practically speaking? There's no difference, you effectively own your drm-free copy of the Witcher 2 even if its sold to you as a "license" and even though CDPR could legally revoke it it's completely unlikely to happen so its moot point.

Happy now nigger? Or are you going to post another spergy post in all caps because you can't actually concede.

Oh yeah man. You can sell it for $5.

>there was no anti-piracy in the 90s
underage

>he thinks digital = DRM
I don't know whats funnier, that you still can't read or that you linked to my post

>Nope, you're still talking out of your ass. If I buy a console copy of Fallout 4 for my PS4 there's nothing those companies can do to legally revoke my right to it
Of course not. Not LEGALLY. They can still revoke your right to it. If you buy a game digitally, you cannot legally have your right to it revoked either.
>b-but first sale
Literally nobody has ever been prosecuted for downloading a crack for software they purchased. It's legal to do so.
>On PC if you buy Fallout 4 digitally not only do you not own it
You do not own it on console either.
>Steam or Bethesda can decide at any time to revoke access to your game unless you crack it.
Just like MS/Sony or Bethesda can decide at any time to revoke access to the game on console unless you decide to sue them.
>If you buy a physical CONSOLE copy of the Witcher 2 you own it
IF you buy a physical PC copy of The Witcher 2, you own it just as much as the physical console game. Same applies to the GOG release.
>On PC you are just paying for a license to use the software
Wrong. TW2 is DRM free. There is no eula beyond the one to use GoG galaxy should you choose to (Galaxy is optional, so you can simply download it from the server.) You could download and mount an untouched TW2 iso file right now and install it.
Since you weren't able to name a single difference between the two, you've lost the argument, consolefag.

I can read though. He is literally claiming that digital games all have DRM.

They'll only be able to fully enjoy Dead Rising 3 and 4, possibly 2

we lose the game

>a white woman at GameStop?
mine is always filled with Ecuadorians and Somalis.

The majority will, but I mean the rare few who will genuinely be able to enjoy games released before they were born.

80s even
But most games were just insert and play

THE GAME OVERTHINKER

I work at a record label. Spotify is absolutely helping kill anything that isn't streaming. CD sales were marginally below vinyl for us last year.

Kek

>You're claiming that a PC game can be revoked without an internet connection
Wrong, I'm pointing out your license can be revoked if its protected by DRM that requires an internet connection to authenticate.
>You said that console games are harder to revoke if you're not connected to the internet. That's factually incorrect.
I said that PHYSICAL console games CAN'T revoked, because they are not protected by the same DRM as digital games are.

Thanks for confirming you can't fucking read.

>Cracks dipshit.
I literally mentioned cracks multiple times in several of my posts at this point so I don't know why you need to resort to arguing with a stuttering strawmen.
>We're talking about physical vs. digital, not DRM, dipshit.
Guess which type of game tends to have online DRM, shithead.
>Nah, I said that the manufacturer can ban your system at any time,
Which is factually not the same as revoking your ownership of the games you buy. Banning a hacked console just prevents you from playing multiplayer games online, its not remotely the same as revoking a license and you still own and can play physical games you bought on a banned console.

now the REAL question is whether Pokemon is so conservative that they'll continue to have their singular, annual mythical Pokemon code distributions through Gamestop again for the 90000th time since forever

Attached: pondering noose.jpg (260x194, 6K)

Ps4 has more sales, what is percentage. Ok, retard.

Nothing. Facebook marketplace for all your cheap game buying and nice buyback needs.

Attached: 6ab.png (247x489, 41K)

>Of course not. Not LEGALLY. They can still revoke your right to it.
No they can't dipshit. Do you know what legal rights are?
>If you buy a game digitally, you cannot legally have your right to it revoked either.
Yes they can. They have the right to revoke it under the EULA and computer software isn't protected under first sale.
>>b-but first sale
Your pathetic attempt at greentext stuttering doesn't change the fact that first sale rights exist and prove you wrong.
>You do not own it on console either.
I objectively, demonstrably, provably do.
>Just like MS/Sony or Bethesda can decide at any time to revoke access to the game on console
Wrong again retard. MS/Sony or Bethesda cannot prevent you from playing a physical copy of Fallout 4 on Xbone/PS4, because it is not protected by the online DRM like a PC copy of the game that requires Steam/Bethesda's client to run.
>IF you buy a physical PC copy of The Witcher 2, you own it just as much as the physical console game. Same applies to the GOG release.
LEGALLY SPEAKING you do not. Try to actually fucking read.
>Wrong. TW2 is DRM free.
DRM doesn't change the license terms or its legality retard.
>There is no eula
regulations.cdprojektred.com/en/user_agreement

Pic related shithead. It took two seconds to prove you wrong.
>Since you weren't able to name a single difference between the two,
I pointed out the legal difference, just because you don't want to concede doesn't mean it doesn't count.

Attached: mini_magick20190122-8600-yqabki.png (595x842, 49K)

Attached: gamingreal.jpg (2243x1565, 1.48M)

no, 80s had all the code books and wheels and shit. i mean, PC games before starcraft that i can remember didn't have any CD keys to enter.

shit, my floppies of Doom i can just install and go!

If they do go under, is there any chance to see more small game stores fill the void? Both Best Buy and the closet small business game store are about 45 mins from me.

Where? Point out where I said DRM free games don't exist.
Protip: You can't. Just like you can't read.

See a lot in Wisconsin (have family there) and a couple here and there in NJ and NY. Some are vinyl shops and some aren’t, doesn’t hurt much to go outside and check

>buy tw3 from gog
>cdpr sends goons to my house to destroy my hard drive

>is ok with giving money to gamestop

>Wrong, I'm pointing out your license can be revoked if its protected by DRM that requires an internet connection to authenticate.
Digital games do not inherently have DRM.
>I said that PHYSICAL console games CAN'T revoked, because they are not protected by the same DRM as digital games are.
Digital games are not inherently protected by DRM. Additionally, console games CAN be revoked at any time. they cannot LEGALLY be revoked at any time, but they are perfectly capable of revoking your game at any time if they feel like it.
>Thanks for confirming you can't fucking read.
Weren't you the one making a big deal out of the difference between practicality and legality? Maybe you should read your own fucking posts.
>I literally mentioned cracks multiple times in several of my posts at this point so I don't know why you need to resort to arguing with a stuttering strawmen.
Because you continue to ignore the fact that cracks exist.
>Guess which type of game tends to have online DRM, shithead.
Guess what substance people who had cancer tend to drink? Water. You should stop drinking it, clearly, it gives you cancer.
>Which is factually not the same as revoking your ownership of the games you buy.
Of course not, because it revokes your ownership of every game you bought, not just a single one.
> Banning a hacked console just prevents you from playing multiplayer games online
They are also capable of bricking your system at any time.

Do you even undersand how the US legal system works? If you cannot be prosecuted for something, it is not illegal, regardless of whether it's specifically protected or not. People have been sued before for downloading cracks and the cases have all been thrown out of court. First sale is literally irrelevant to whether or not cracks are legal.
>I objectively, demonstrably, provably do.
No you don't. You own the right to play the game. That right cannot be revoked legally. Just like a physical copy of TW2 PC or a digital copy of TW2 PC.
>LEGALLY SPEAKING you do not. Try to actually fucking read.
Wrong. When you buy the game you own it completely and can copy the game and hand it out to your fucking friends if you so wish because it doesn't even have copy protection. The console version gives you slightly less rights since copy protection is built in to the consoles, but copy protection isn't relevant either.
>regulations.cdprojektred.com/en/user_agreement
This applies equally to all versions of the game regardless of platform.
>I pointed out the legal difference, just because you don't want to concede doesn't mean it doesn't count.
Nope, you failed to point out any actual differences. There is functionally no difference between any version of the game other than inherent differences to the delivery medium (EG the physical goods packaged with it or the copy protection inherent to physical console games).

>Where? Point out where I said DRM free games don't exist.
Your entire argument is about how digital games can be revoked at any time.

I remember a small store in the mall. Of course even a decade ago it was already leaning towards only selling artist merchandise, same stuff you could find in Spencer's and Hot Topic.
Vinyl was getting bigger, but I'm sure they sold the same music you could find at Target and Best Buy.
Whatever, it's way more convenient to shop online or just download.

>Yes it can, you dipshit. That's how closed platforms work. You are at the complete mercy of the platform holder.
The platform holder doesn't require me to connect to the internet to authorize my ownership of my physical games on that platform, unlike digital games with DRM. You don't know what a closed platform is or how it works.
>Versus your hypothetical paranoid scenario of your digital game being revoked?
Except my "hypothetical" actually fucking happened, like when EA was banning PC users from playing Dragon age, a single player game, over forum contents. A console company banning hackers from playing online isn't the same, those hackers still own the game and can play offline.
>Wrong. Digital PC games WITH DRM often require some form of online authorization.
>However, DRM and the delivery medium are not the same thing, as i have spent several hours trying to convince your retarded consolefaggot ass.
And after all those hours you've still yet to grasp the fact that most digital games and modern PC "physical" are protected by some form of online drm, even if it's not always online, whereas the physical console games do not have online DRM.

You have terminal autism. Seek help.

>The platform holder doesn't require me to connect to the internet to authorize my ownership of my physical games on that platform, unlike digital games with DRM.
True, but digital games without DRM do not require that either. Ergo, it is irrelevant to your argument about the inherent disadvantages of ownership of a digital game versus ownership of a physical game.
>You don't know what a closed platform is or how it works.
Holy shit, are you seriously saying that FUCKING CONSOLES are an open platform?
You're done, you have no brain, fuck off retard. Bye.

Attached: e3 footfag 2005.jpg (402x548, 59K)

bet you think the Heisei Era is god's gift to man

Attached: smug nanachi 1.jpg (638x638, 47K)

Holy shit that image hits my nostalgia bone hard. Fuck, I miss the early 2000's

Attached: e3 footfag 2005 3.jpg (450x600, 107K)

>Digital games do not inherently have DRM.
They generally do with some exceptions. Digital games and DRM are ubiquitous at this point, because that's how they are usually sold outside of a few places GOG and itcho.
>Digital games are not inherently protected by DRM.
See above.
>Additionally, console games CAN be revoked at any time.
Only if they are digital. Physical games do not have online drm
>they are perfectly capable of revoking your game at any time if they feel like it.
Only if they are digital. Only if they are digital. Physical games do not have online drm
>Weren't you the one making a big deal out of the difference between practicality and legality?
Because after repeatedly going out of my way make the distinction you still ignored it and strawmaned my posts. Maybe you should read in the first place fucko.
>Because you continue to ignore the fact that cracks exist.
Even though I literally mentioned them? You continue to prove you are fucking retarded.
>Guess what substance people who had cancer tend to drink? Water. You should stop drinking it, clearly, it gives you cancer.
That's a nice non sequitur, but try to follow the argument.
>Of course not, because it revokes your ownership of every game you bought,
Banning a hacked console does no such thing, at least if we are talking about physical games. For fucks sake some of them still let you download updates even when banned from their multiplayer servers.
>They are also capable of bricking your system at any time.
Which had absolutely nothing to do with revoking ownership of your games. Good job moving the goalposts to an entirely different stadium.

As a rule of thumb, if its not in writing, then don't fall for it. Only idiots -ASSUMED-, huge mistake, constantly happens, it would happen. Companies don't think that, they will do as much possible to save money and gain profit.

youtu.be/FQLElTVQ_bI
.. . . .. ... ...

Attached: Screenshot_20190101-231516_Instagram.jpg (1079x923, 491K)

Attached: e3 footfag 2005 7.jpg (450x600, 77K)

Are booth babes even a thing anymore? I would the current day climate would not allow it?

*imagine

booth babes are banned from modern e3

Attached: e3 pimp 2005 c.jpg (1024x768, 64K)

>Do you even undersand how the US legal system works?
I'm not the one who doesn't understand what first sale doctrine or DMCA is. Case in point:
>If you cannot be prosecuted for something, it is not illegal, regardless of whether it's specifically protected or not.
Violating DMCA is prosecutable.
>People have been sued before for downloading cracks and the cases have all been thrown out of court
Because simply downloading cracks isn't illegal. Actually breaking copy protection is, per DMCA.
>First sale is literally irrelevant to whether or not cracks are legal.
First sale is relevant to whether you legally own your games. I never brought it up in the context of crack legality. Are you sure English is your first language?
>This applies equally to all versions of the game regardless of platform.
In terms of whether you own your copy of the game, It's not legally enforceable on console physical because first sale rights > EULA.
>Wrong. When you buy the game you own it completely
LEGALLY SPEAKING you do not, unless its a physical copy of a console game. Learn. To. Fucking. Read.
>Nope, you failed to point out any actual differences.
I pointed out the legal difference, just because you don't want to concede doesn't mean it doesn't count.
>There is functionally no difference between any version of the game
Nice try, but see above.

Hold the L.

My local mall used to be booming. Then lowlifes started hanging around and actual customers stopped bothering.

There's a semi-new outdoor shopping complex just a few miles away that's absolutely booming tho.

Attached: mall (31).jpg (700x928, 35K)

Your entire argument is being willfully obtuse. Nowhere did I say DRM free games don't exist. Prove me wrong.

>I remember arguing with a gamestop employee that re4 would come to the new consoles (360 ps3) and he would argue back they would not ever
eat shit asshole

Gamestop doesn't even sell new games.

Fuck you steam should be every pc gamers choice not poorfag shit

>True, but digital games without DRM do not require that either. Ergo, it is irrelevant to your argument about the inherent disadvantages of ownership of a digital game versus ownership of a physical game.
Actually it's irrelevant to your argument about the inherent equivalency of ownership of a digital game versus ownership of a physical game. Since unlike digital, online DRM is not the norm for physical games outside of PC.
>Holy shit, are you seriously saying that FUCKING CONSOLES are an open platform?
That's not even remotely what I said. The point is that being a "closed platform" does not mean console companies have the ability to revoke access to all your physical games.

Are you even capable of reading without sperging out like a retard? Holy fuck I feel bad for your parents

Attached: e3 slut hoverhand.jpg (600x450, 47K)

Fuck off falseflagging piece of shit.

Attached: 1537420552760.jpg (1024x1009, 56K)

Dead end wagecuck can confirm seeing children makes me smile gives me hope reminds me that there is still good in the world even though every day I die a little more on the inside

>True, but digital games without DRM do not require that either.
Fallout 4 does.

Ever heard of online shopping?

Attached: e3 2006 sluts.jpg (768x1024, 520K)

Yeah, it's a small blessing

That's more than you could sell a used copy of Fallout 4 on PC for.

Just went back to the GameStop I first bought Pokémon yellow at over a decade ago and bought Skyrim and Oblivion for Xbox 360
*CRACK*
*siiiiiiiip*
AAAAAAAaaaaaaahhhhhh
Yep

Attached: e3 2008 sluts 4.jpg (600x400, 67K)

lol rip

Last time I went to gamestop was to buy Oblivion for 360 and the manager was trying to hard sell me a strategy guide. Conversation went something like this.

"If you buy the strategy guide with the game you get 10% off."

"No thanks. I like to go in blind."

"That's a really hard game. I have people who didn't buy the guide coming back to the store to buy it because they got stuck all the time. I'm just trying to save you some money on gas."

"If I get stuck I'll go on the internet. There's better guides on the internet for free."

dude gets visibly angry but finally shuts about the damn strategy guide. my friends told me they gave him the nickname "Pecks Box" because he was always acting like a macho douche and was really into xbox.

Attached: e3 2011 4chan user.jpg (1024x576, 189K)

Back in my day, when that shit was Electronics Boutique, you could find some dope ass gunpla and other random shit.

Monetized "Nerd Culture" was a mistake

part of Andrew Yang's platform is to bring back malls. I'm like, nigga what for? Malls are what killed American culture. Fuck malls. let them shits die. America use to have regional differences. thanks to malls and mcdonalds every fucking city in every fucking state looks the fucking same.

me on the right

cheap shitty plastic toys are made and sold for pennies on the dollar then get marked up to ~$20. The profit is astronomical

Attached: v-collage.jpg (4095x2880, 2.48M)

Attached: e3 pimp 2005.jpg (600x450, 115K)

youtube.com/watch?v=ofurYpK9vfU

I can pirate every singleplayer game and I’m gonna be playing any multiplayer game on a computer.

You guys that keep talking about owning physical copies are just autistic.

hi I'm the one who took that picture. I had to wait 35 minutes for here to get up and leave before I could grab my copy of Splinter Cell

I would actually rather pirate than get my keys from g2a, they buy the keys with mostly stolen credit cards and the developer/publisher has to pay for the chargeback

So the kid got introduced to asses.

I see this all the time except it's a grown ass man doing it not a kid.