youtu.be/geGziPUQD2U
twitter.com/notglacier/status/1111845895287365632
twitter.com/notglacier/status/1111859340602859520
youtube.com/watch?v=ftIBZNklEFU
youtube.com/watch?v=8O2JsBDtBgA
youtube.com/watch?v=ekG2q_eYCAM
artstation.com/artwork/rRWe2m
youtube.com/watch?v=dQSzmngTbtw
gamasutra.com/view/news/286023/Graphics_Deep_Dive_Cascaded_voxel_cone_tracing_in_The_Tomorrow_Children.php
c0de517e.blogspot.com/2019/03/an-unbiased-look-at-real-time-raytracing.html
devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/announcing-microsoft-directx-raytracing/
nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/geforce-gtx-ray-tracing-coming-soon/
anandtech.com/show/14100/nvidia-april-driver-to-support-ray-tracing-on-pascal-gpus-dxr-support-in-unity-and-unreal
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

but why?

what is ray traced?

muh grafix

Is this what the sjws want?

Why don't you explain why not first?

Can i see a comparison?

because "muh graphics" despite the fact that I would unironically say that vanilla minecraft looks better than this

because we can

Does it still run smoothly when you're not in small room like that?

The reflections are a bit much. Basic Minecraft textures + realistic lighting would be better.

Isn't ray tracing just the gaymur's snake oil?

funny how the game that has the best ray/pathtracing right now is fucking minecraft

pcfags still cant even create a full build with the 2080 ti without it being 2000 dollars lmfao

Attached: 1554005584697.webm (720x404, 2.92M)

who the fuck is ray

Minecraft is a game about resource management and crafting, trying to be super graphics and shit about it actually harms a lot of the crafting side of it. Imagine having to build something while dealing with realistic torch lights that barely light up anything instead of just "light makes it so you can see"

No thanks, I'll take the real Minecraft and not some weird Unity demo

Attached: 1547518355802.jpg (885x960, 91K)

Basically every "ray" of light is followed (traced) in real time for hyper-realistic reflections and shit.
So yeah, basically

accurate real-time reflection if i'm not mistaken

Because it looks cool, faggot.

>I would unironically say that vanilla minecraft looks better than this
I thought i've seen it all, but Yea Forums literally can't get any more contrarian.

I'M JUST TOO TIRED

What the fuck am I looking at here?

this is demonic i'm not even kidding

Attached: 1535890056836.png (210x195, 2K)

holy shit user how long are your arms with a reach like that

How come so few people know what ray tracing actually is? It's a technique that has been used in movies for decades now, allowing CG and effects to look realistically without sticking out like a sore thumb.

Yeah okay I'm sure people are still having trouble understanding torch boundaries 10 years since launch. The shiny lights might distract them from being able come up with designs or something. You're complaining just to complain.

Ray Romano, hit comedian/actor known best for his lead role in the hit show "Everybody Loves Raymond."

Attached: mc.png (1899x792, 2.55M)

Pretty much. As far as I remember, it's simple to code in a lighting engine with it but good luck getting hardware running that at any resolution higher than 320x180 at decent frame rates.

youtube.com/watch?v=geGziPUQD2U

Minecraft is a test bed for mods.

A simulation of light rays bouncing onto objects via reflection and refraction and towards the camera's eye

soul vs soulless

Ah so it's shit. Thanks.

glowstone, which is supposed to be super bright in actual minecraft barely even lights up one block around it in raytraced minecraft.... imagine having to do ANYTHING with that type of lighting.

This is cool youtube.com/watch?v=wMtBgvU7E6M

Attached: c13667688.png (1366x768, 522K)

Give me Half-Life 1 and 2 with ray tracing. That's all I'm asking.

trash music

water looks good, that's about it, I'd gladly play with better lighting and fluid-looking water but at that rate I'm just asking for a basic bitch shader

You just gotta love the eternal struggle between graphixfags and artstylefags

Well its a good thing you aren't being forced to use it then, isn't it?

MOJANG

HIRE

THIS

MEN

I think the advantage of ray / path tracing in Minecraft is that the visuals are simple and basically everything is a cube so you can increase the amount of light reflections possible without destroying performance which isn't possible in more normal looking games.

MINEKINO

Attached: FLAOT1.png (985x911, 319K)

looks so fucking comfy

is this what you see when you die and go to hell?

yet consoles can't even handle it at all lmao

The battle between a style to look good forever or a style to look great right now.

Attached: 2001 stargate.gif (480x216, 3.89M)

Still trying to justify that PS4 purchase? Not relevant to the thread at all.

that isnt an actual gameplay animation you sperg its an animation completely unrelated to OPs ray tracing meme. new thing bad

never give up

no. ray tracing is an immensely more realistic method of lighting games/3d scenes. when properly tuned, it will generally make the lighting in a scene look a lot better and more natural

Looks cool

Reminds me of PT

forced meme

How is ray tracing dating the game in any way?

raytracing was around and used extensively when CG was sticking out like a sore thumb.
t. was rendering shit with raytracing in 1992.

it's not just for reflections; ray tracing greatly improves the quality of lighting because you actually get calculations for light bounced off of surfaces (like walls, the floor, etc). non-ray traced games basically implement tons of different hacks/cheats to sort try to simulate things that ray tracing accomplishes easily, but the results aren't terribly accurate

>2000 dollars to see some purty light effects

I can buy a Ford Focus for 2000 dollars instead

>This video took 250+ hours of total recording time (~20 hours for the final rendering), almost one year to produce, and years of esoteRJc knowledge of a variety of Minecraft mods, especially the GLSL Shaders Mod.
He spent nearly a year in worldedit making the track with a bunch of crazy ass world gen mods, KINO?

The OP webm was recorded on a 1070. It doesn't utilise RTX shit yet, and probably never will.

>not just posting the entire video
The music is fucking great too. youtu.be/geGziPUQD2U

Attached: IMG_0124.jpg (3072x2304, 2.02M)

Damn... Sucked all the SOUL right out of it. Shame.

This is so nice. Dream stuff

ME REMEMBER OLD THING
ME NO REMEMBER NEW THING
OLD THING BETTER

Attached: 1518044584578.png (485x443, 24K)

I get the shaders but is the world transformation stuff in-game or video editing? Can you really mod Minecraft to alter the world that much and cause phantom ripples in the ground or whatever the fuck is going on there?

>not linking it

Minecraft's path tracing doesn't need a 2080 Ti, it can run at like 30fps on a GTX 1070

nice sourgrapes Sonyfaggot

Are you posting this old good new bad drivel in every thread? Seek help

based grog poster

It's in-game, recorded in 6 parts with clever transitions

All the world’s problems could have been cured with the high levels of autism these people pour into their “pet projects”

Attached: 5E31E719-2001-4194-9333-750B6409D7A8.jpg (1015x852, 356K)

twitter.com/notglacier/status/1111845895287365632

twitter.com/notglacier/status/1111859340602859520

>raytraced minecraft
>still can't carry a lit torch

yeah that's just vertex shaders. basically you have a shader that acts on each vertex and you can perform math to modify its position

Because the game is already terribly unoptimized

>he/him
quickly becoming my biggest pet peeve

Whats the best shader for potato laptops?

lmao the whole gaymen industry is brain drain. What a non argument. Most things are brain drain.

Why do Yea Forumstards think that every problem is a brute-force investment of time? You play too many video games, real life problems aren't solved by using 10 energy and waiting for 4 hours.

Just looks like a HD texture pack with reflections turned up to ludicrous settings.

see

Where is the money in fixing the world's problems? There is no reason to. Infact, fixing the "world's problems" would literally make your life worse.

yep. the answer is obvious (communism) but it's unpalatable for many and not without its drawbacks

For me it's voxels.

Attached: majercik-efficient-voxel.webm (1280x720, 1.82M)

I doubt we'll ever run out of problems to solve. Every time we have a solution it just creates another problem.

youtube.com/watch?v=ftIBZNklEFU

I didn’t expect anything less from the retards that want to watch some mega autist beat Mario 64 without A presses.
Fixing the world’s problems would make your life worse
Jesus Christ

Attached: 4DE6A3BD-1468-41A1-B16D-44F043AAE344.gif (200x200, 12K)

where the fuck did i say it was actual gameplay animation you fucking schizoid, i just said it was fucking weird
get a grip holy shit
nice self portrait

Attached: 1523059710585.jpg (250x204, 9K)

>How come so few people know what ray tracing actually is?
This board's a fucking kindergarten dude

I see you are attempting to take the high road here but you neglect to account for the fact that you aren't curing cancer either. You are just using your time to complain about how other people use their time and that is exceedingly sad.

has anyone here played minecraft on pc with a controller? is it difficult to make it work? is it comfy?

>I’ll just drag you back down to my level because I’ve done nothing of import
Amazing. Crabs in a pot

Attached: DEE2145E-57D1-4A39-9E16-02CBA7904D40.gif (320x180, 2.81M)

You haven't demonstrated that you are making attempt to climb out you larper. You aren't any better than any other faggot wasting their time here and you know it.

Why should I care about the world's problems?

Attached: 1554125159036.jpg (548x548, 64K)

cringe
based

Okay. We end hunger with some new magic food. We end sickness/premature mortality with some new magic drug. We end violence by banning violence. What do we do with the exploding birthrate and the declining deathrate? Things like raw materials are finite. How are we going to produce enough energy for this number of people, how are we going to deal with the pollution (by the laws of conservation of energy, pollution is something that can never be solved).

Why not?

Are you posting the "soul vs soulless" driver in every thread? Seek help.

Yes you can. With shaders mod/optifine torches are lit.

because its a personal offense to me that it exists when I think it shouldn't

>soulless driver

whoa whoa no need to bring the chinese into this

Its a meme. Do you faggots even remember what tesselation is?

Yeah, thats what I thought bitch.

why?

Because we literally can, new things have to start somewhere. First it was BF5, then Quake 2, among others, and now Minecraft cuz why the fuck not?

Attached: xi.gif (354x193, 875K)

soulles

This, some autist could've offed all the trannies by now

Most of the time he spent was syncing torches up to the beat of music in his video. The rest of the track could be done in some shitty minecraft map editor to speedup rail making process. Honestly if it wasn't for beats and small touches this shit could be done in a day.

That's a good question. Maybe I'm selfish. Maybe I'm just severely autistic and perhaps solipsistic. I don't know why anyone would hold that opinion but they do and they justify it with word salad like , , and My personal theory is this place acts as a playground for teenage narcissistic egos and that nobody seriously thinks out any opinion shared here. It's kind of like a hug box but the hugging is constant conflict and undeserved validation

I would say soulless, but at the same time, I'm impressed you got this done in the worse programmed game in Java history.

If someone made a voxel game with an different direction to that of Minecraft, I'd play it. As it is, this doesn't really matter for Minecraft, hell even Hytale.

Attached: 1550603540254.gif (245x230, 879K)

Advertisement art Minecraft >>> Vanilla Minecraft > Raytraced Minecraft

>What if we solve these world problems but not these world problems

Looks nice, can you get the same frames consistently though?

He synced the entire map up to the music retard, watch how the track warps from 1:50 onward

Most of the board are nigger Ninten.drones. I've literally seen some Nintendies once before not fucking know what "anti aliasing" was, because all they ever touched was GBAs and Wiis in their entire life. They are used to pixels over smoothed resolution, so of course they wouldn't know other graphic based technology.

>best game to use Ray meme is fucking minecraft

This shit looks so soulless. On paper it seems like it would be awsome but when you actually see it, it looks like yet another Unreal Engine "game".

Both are soulless compared to this

Attached: Minecraft.jpg (1170x500, 122K)

grog think you stupid for enjoying new thing
new thing lead to trouble no like new thing

This is a literal meme

WTF IM GOING TO BUY TWO 2080ti NOW
THANK YOU BASED NVIDIA

it's unpalatable to beta males who would have no way of competing if everyone had equal wealth. They are literally holding everyone back just so they can spread their unwanted genes.

Soul is a zoomer meme

grug make new ting call penicillin
grog no use it
grog know new thing always bring change and trouble

There's no need to falseflag as a sony pony here, retard

Attached: DwtalLDVAAUQrzn.jpg (428x428, 25K)

for the good of all of us

Tesselation is a standard graphical feature for pretty much every graphically intense game now. It doesn't wow consumers anymore so it's not a market point. When Ray tracing becomes standard it'll be the same way it's just too much of a hit to performance now for the average setup

Games are just as good as a health drug as insulin and weed. Stop with the superior complex.

Actually it is gameplay. The mod is called Acid
youtube.com/watch?v=8O2JsBDtBgA

This. They equate nostalgia with soul. This is why they pine for the 90's, a decade more soulless than any that preceded it.

Only proves that you don't need shitty nvidia proprietary garbage tech to make something look "grafics".

What? How is a music video that took one guy a year to produce "soulless"?

It runs at 60 frames in 1080p on a 1070.

>RTX ray tracing on a non RTX card

Attached: 57d6.jpg (399x227, 14K)

Minecraft shaders are based and redpilled.

Shall I get you an antihistamine?

It works, just not as well because it doesn't use the tensor cores. In theory you could implement RTX on even older cards, it's just a matter of the current series being designed to push the feature so it runs it better than most. I think Nvidia is even letting people enable it on some non RTX cards recently, probably to try to get some more people to buy into the meme.

it isn't using RTX

It isn't "RTX ray tracing"
>The ray tracing under the hood powering this shaderpack is software-based and unable to take advantage of RTX RT cores for acceleration. Utilizing RT cores is, for the time being, not possible with OptiFine.

Its not RTX though, RTX isnt the only raytracing solution

RTX =/= Raytracing

The entire charm of minecraft is that it DOESNT look real.

You're as fucking bad as EA/Ubishit and those other hacky companies who think hyper realism > artistic design so they release those fucking flashy trailers that look realistic then when the game actually launches its dogshit because they cant handle that level of realism on any basic GPU.

Making an art style that is unique and timeless beats trying to copy realism. The only genre that should copy realism are games which take place in our world or offer an alternative to it.

NVIDIA is adding RTX features to pascal cards retard, learn how to use jewgle

Literally no one without autism cares

Soulless vs Soulless

stalker is the only game i can think of where it was noticeable

Attached: stalker.jpg (960x768, 353K)

isn't that bump mapping
forgive me i know nothing

The way graphics are currently done is by drawing shaded and textured triangles onto the screen. This is fast, but it requires a lot of complex tricks to get realistic lighting, shadows, etc., and the results have a lot of flaws.
Ray tracing is a different approach that sends out rays from the viewport (one for every pixel on your screen) to see if it hits an object in the scene. Once you hit a surface, you send out another ray from this point to a light source to check if there's an object between the two (i.e. a shadow is being cast at this point), and if not you use the angle to the light source to calculate lighting. If you have an object that is suppose to have mirror like reflections, you simply bounce the ray off of it to see if it hits another object, repeating until you hit a regular diffuse surface or the skybox. It's conceptually very simple and gives much cleaner results than the triangle drawing method currently being used, but it also requires more processing power.
This mod is actually using a more complex method called path tracing. It's conceptually similar to ray tracing, but instead of sending one ray out for each pixel you send out many rays, and when you hit a surface these rays bounce around the scene semi-randomly several times, gathering lighting information from every surface and light source they hit. This allows path tracing to produce natural soft shadows (instead of the razor sharp ones ray tracing produces), more realistic reflections (most objects in real life have soft/blurry reflections of their surroundings), and global illumination (objects are lit not only by light sources, but also the surfaces of objects surrounding them). The results are borderline photo-realistic, but as you can imagine it requires several times more processing power than even ray tracing. This is why real time path tracing has been considered the holy grail of computer graphics for a few decades.

What are you trying to say here exactly?

lmao why does this offend you? Why can't someone privately play with le epic graffix?

Attached: you.png (500x460, 25K)

looks like a Gmod map

I don't have to when I'm not a S.onynigger. PC4life faggot.

it's parallax mapping

do people still play mudcraft?

> a single hallway
it's neat but we're still about 3-5 generations of GPU away from being able to do that in the actual minecraft world.

>
youtube.com/watch?v=ekG2q_eYCAM

>charm
>soul
>art
Why do nintenfags hate anything which improves visuals beyond the capabilities of their fisher price toy?

>lost frames moving at 3 inches per second
How long did it take to render this? A week?

The OP thing in the single hallway is doing things like an infinite number of light bounces I think.

because it's there
kys faggot

Crysis 2-3 does it with a lot of shit iirc

no, bump mapping is just like normal maps, it gives the appearance of something looking like it is coming outward when affected by light, but doesn't actually be 3D, it's still 2D.

but STALKER games actually use parallax mapping

same shit basically but less of a FPS hitter

parallax mapping isn't tesselation or displacement mapping, either

How about they make the raytracing look more realistic instead of a bloomed out perfectly-clean flat hall? This is a terrible example of the capabilities of raytrace rendering.

why does lapis give off light

most devs don't use tessellation because it severely fucks performance

UE4 does tess+displacement mapping but on a large scale it will require a fucking beast computer to get decent frames lmao

also @op, that's not ray tracing, it's path tracing

because what actually makes ray tracing expensive is when you mix ray tracing with pixel shaders/materials (like using textures, bump maps, etc). ray tracing without using any sort of textures or per-pixel effects on the surfaces is actually pretty cheap computationally

i was pretty sure when i looked at the corner of a wall in STALKER it was totally flat

a while back someone made a minecraft clone but there was falling sand physics, like in powder toy. where is that now?

Sounds great if you're autistic enough to like minecraft like a 12 year old.

>that's not ray tracing, it's path tracing

ray tracing _is_ path tracing

t. 19 year old

yeah, exactly? problems dont get solved all at once. if the immediate problems are solved, how will we deal with the inevitable problems?

neo/v/4.0

It's parallax occlusion mapping. Basically normal mapping with a parallax effect. Normal maps only won't change when you look at them from different angles, you can tell they're really just textures on a flat surface. Parallax mapping takes the normal map and does extra stuff so the 3D effect is maintained when you look at it from a side angle. The occlusion part basically cuts it off at the edges of a mesh so the effect isn't broken at the edge of a wall.

Tesselation is when the geometry of the mesh gets divided in real time as you get closer to it. It uses height maps (also called displacement maps). Tessellation is actual geometry in the mesh. Parallax is just texture trickery.

Tessellation has been used in AAA titles and is a thing, but it can only be used in very predictable situations because it can give bad effects if done wrong. And it still requires a lot more geometry than just making a mesh yourself. The future is a game where objects are created by height maps and tessellation. Pic related.

artstation.com/artwork/rRWe2m

Attached: cem-tezcan-screenshot20190224-005.jpg (1920x1050, 206K)

it's autism user.

>The future is a game where objects are created by height maps and tessellation

lol why? mesh data is so much cheaper to storage on storage and in ram

Attached: 1548068391838.jpg (717x675, 61K)

Why not just make the model instead of this bullshit that probably doesn't even have collision models?

Obviously we need to move away from traditional rasterizing methods with polygons and go for NURBs and include certain kinds of details on an organic level to define if it's soft, if it's fuzzy, if it's rough, or gritty...

why keep playing the same shitty browser game?

Attached: 2018-02-05_22.07.38.png (1920x1080, 1.05M)

>go for NURBs
yikes

that's not really the issue. geometry is generally not the issue with rendering performance unless the people creating the meshes (and loading and LOD systems, etc) are incompetent

inferior to the much faster cone tracing is what it is

I love Sonic Unleashed

>nshitia pushes ray tracing when cone tracing shows more viability and promise
Why are vidya cards so far behind on the coolest tech.
youtube.com/watch?v=dQSzmngTbtw

>been on Yea Forums for over a decade
>never seen a minecraft thread without FLAOT guy
I choose to believe it's been one dedicated man this whole time.

Watch your own fucking vid then, where he even says nVidia's been working on that as well.

FLAOT guy died IRL a while back, people just post FLAOT1 in rememberance

Ray tracing virtual reality Minecraft would be fucking comfy as fugggg

>one of the examples says Source: Nvidia
looks like they are working on it user. hardware takes a long time and a lot of money unlike software.

And yet here we are, with RTX which is ray tracing and not cone tracing. Fucking brainlet what part of "behind" do you not understand.

t. retard. see

RTX's tensor cores can be applied to both. They're just fancier, more capable CUDA cores that can be fed mathematical instructions to.

this appears to just be quantized global illumination, which is honestly not anything new. nvidia and etc have already had their own technologies to do this pre-RTX and ray tracing and you can see implementations of the idea in engines like ue4. this really isn't meant to directly compete with raytracing

Attached: pepe_thinking.jpg (741x568, 92K)

also there's no reason this idea of how to quantize ray traces into larger chunks of space can't be part of a ray tracing engine; RTX already does something similar. RTX is not performing a ray trace for every pixel

gamasutra.com/view/news/286023/Graphics_Deep_Dive_Cascaded_voxel_cone_tracing_in_The_Tomorrow_Children.php

cone tracing was implemented in 'the tomorrow children' a couple years ago.
i suspect it's a dead end.

or rather, real-time engines using RTX are not performing a ray trace for every pixel. that would be too demanding

Attached: 1350049243395.png (439x500, 346K)

>quantized global illumination
idk what that is and I feel like a brainlet, will watching a youtube video help me?

there's speculation that cryengine's rt implementation does this.

it's not a dead end, it's just that's just one way to break the amount of calculations and work done into more reasonable scales

fuck this is cool

Fuck new tech. Play old/indie games, fuck new drm kike shit tech with bad thought transponders and anal probes.
WE HAVE TO GO BACK!

also Garnets ass

Attached: 1554177061171.jpg (3000x4776, 1.42M)

it's something like, you could imagine space as being composed of minecraft invisible and untouchable blocks that you could cast paths through. you could test what blocks that path travels through real time or you could pre-calculate some information about a scene's lighting by casting paths from light sources (along with a few bounces) and keep track of that sort of thing per block. that's "quantised" because it's representing a more finely (or infinitely) detailed data point in a less detailed format. thus you wind up with loss of precision but you still wind up with a representation of whatever that data is

if it were up to stupid niggers like you we would still be playing in 800x600 with no shadow, SSAO, AO, AA and starring at fucking wires.

an example of quantized information would be your average raster image (like a jpg photo or whatever you like). the data is quantized in the form of pixel data.

If anyone's curious, the reason ray traced global illumination is doable in Minecraft is because the chunky 1m^3 voxel worlds impose an extraordinary restriction on scene complexity and precision required. Even with a 1 km+ draw distance, more flexible representations like triangle soups give you sub-millimeter precision.

Codesize posted a rare sober take on ray-tracing the other day:
c0de517e.blogspot.com/2019/03/an-unbiased-look-at-real-time-raytracing.html

Voxel conetraced GI is even less viable than raytraced. The light leaking problem can't be reasonably mitigated (let alone solved) in voxel conetracing.

Holy fucking shit look at all that BLOOM

minecraft is 10 years old

user the bloom is pretty light in these images and isn't in the way of anything.

Path tracing is one way of using ray tracing. Not all ray tracing is path tracing. Actually, that highlights the absurdity of using "ray tracing" as a marketing buzzword. It's just a means to an end. There's no reason for consumers to give a shit how the graphics in their games are produced.

actually the more i look at it the more it looks like there is no bloom at all. you are just a complete retard.

RTX is a proprietary system you dangleberry

What mods and hardware I need for MAXIMUM GRAFFIX?

Asking for a friend...

Post more architecture renders like

All they needed to do was slightly tweak the vanilla lighting and use the improved water. Right side is completely washed out.

the more you buy the more you save

Attached: file.png (800x549, 470K)

What else to expect from a furfag?

Looks like Mirror's Edge

Well of course when it's fucking 4K. Fuck the 4K meme.

It takes texture for that to happen, which isn't on the flat voxel blocks you retard. That's exactly how it would look in Minecraft as is.

>play without shaders
>400 fps
>play with shaders
>40 fps

Attached: 1449556890928.png (461x373, 271K)

I cant wait for intel to force prices down on GPU's

Attached: 1553197505853.jpg (742x560, 55K)

So could you just raytrace the environment with basic colors, then load the textures on top? So you'd just get an "approximate" instead of brute forcing all the lighting calculations per pixel of colors it hits.

Attached: 1506912657787.png (600x600, 125K)

>jewtel
>forcing prices down
What timeline are you living in?

the future of grafix is high fidelity models and lighting with simple textures. why do we keep wasting money investing in the opposite?

People like you said that about electricity and penicillin

Undercutting works. And huge companies will run at a loss to gather a following for product lines.

but user this is an investment in high fidelity lighting

If it's just for environmental illision, use it. If you were meant to interact with it, then of course you couldn't use that technique.

Intel's Xeon's have all but been replaced in supercomputer environments by Nvidia and AMD.
They have to make a GPU to get their market back.

MOJANG
HIRE
THIS
MAN

Point-based rendering is the future. The benefit of any connectivity-based format, whether splines or triangles, goes to 0 and beyond as the projected size on the screen decreases (or alternatively, effective detail increases). The atomic operations GPUs have supported for around a decade are already much faster than the fixed-function rasterizer- if you're rendering points. This is how Dreams can run reasonably well on an ancient PS4.

Attached: file.png (832x468, 569K)

>Mm is full of fucking wizards

Color me shocked.

Attached: 1529019897703.jpg (500x374, 28K)

Literal brainlet

Now this actually looks pretty great, much better than the Quake demo they showed. Begs the question why they keep doing demos on games that are either 20 years old or look like they are. Their demo for BFV looked like shit.

This, I didn't expect it.

I NEED TO FUCKING KNOW

What is this type of music called? It's the shit you associate with squeaky clean offices or hospitals videos. Like Portal or Mirror's Edge type shit. There's no way it isn't a genre of some kind

This is half-true. Using arbitrary complex BRDFs or loading lots of texture data during raytracing will indeed kill performance. But even geometry-only raytracing (for area lights etc) gets staggeringly expensive as scene complexity grows. Building & maintaining the acceleration structure, traversing it, and testing primitives is still expensive.

>Its bad cuz like torches and light and stuff I think!

You literally managed to say nothing faggot, c'mere.

Attached: 1554175817232.png (325x300, 87K)

>graphics don't mean anything until they do
that's basically what you implied there

>that diffused reflection
Looks faked tbqh.

Actually, the "super realistic graphics" end up helping because the light bounces make easier to see shit in corners.

royalty-free music
you're going to think that's too broad, but you'll see.

>bros if we improve the world wont population start exploding????
based retard

because its far easier on devs to create accurate lighting rather than having to fake it

God damn.

Attached: a1080465c.png (1080x465, 339K)

user you already literally used magic for most of those problems why not just keep going for the rest of them

God that looks like shit. Do you think I want to stare at searing bright white colors for hours at a time?

Why do they keep using that hyper realistic water? It looks horrible with the normal Minecraft textures. Least they could have done was make the water blue like the vanilla Minecraft.

Yea Forums is always wrong, which means ray tracing is awesome.

SOULESS

thats a lot of money for just plugging in old graphics tech into minecraft with minimal optimizations done.

op said ray tracing, not tray racing.

Liked :)

He doesn't even make the mod that enables his shaders in the first place.

People have to justify their RTX cards somehow.

Damn and I've been playing since indev and green text stories and still have no idea what the hell it is.

dude could drop whatever job he has and sit on his ass basically all week and make 80k a year. patreon shit like this will never cease to amaze me.

look, either RTX is the end-of-the-line and we can all finally stop upgrading our GPUs every 4-5 years, or games catch up and continue to look better and better
it's a win/win

Wtf, he actually has a patreon for his shaders mod?
He actually makes 7k a month from his fucking shaders mod?

It's not even the best one out there, Sildur's Shader looks waaaay better.

It's probably just a project someone made to learn about ray tracing.

Attached: 1542238969125.jpg (960x960, 169K)

What's the resource pack used here? I need one for muh reflective surfaces

who?

and we would be playing in giant videogames with destructible everything because the computing power is used to push actual shit instead of your pretty autism polygons and shaders

sounds like a win ;^))))))))))))))))))))))) kys!

It's DXR you idiot:

devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/announcing-microsoft-directx-raytracing/

nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/geforce-gtx-ray-tracing-coming-soon/

anandtech.com/show/14100/nvidia-april-driver-to-support-ray-tracing-on-pascal-gpus-dxr-support-in-unity-and-unreal

Sonic Ether is always the one to introduce new features into shaders, even tho his artistic vision ain't the best. Hell seus was the first shader looking to add shadowmaps and tonemapping just look at the first posts on his mc forums thread.

fuck off fag

Why anything