If a game requires you to use an external guide, is the game even worth it in the first place?

If a game requires you to use an external guide, is the game even worth it in the first place?

Attached: demi_friend.png (212x256, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eumH3rPH9JI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

git gud

I don't think any game REQUIRES a guide to complete it. If you're talking about extra stuff then whatever.

The game gives you plenty of info to know where to go to next if you talk to NPCs and pay attention. As for demons, literally the first few demons you encounter have all of the buffs and debuffs you need to beat the game. If you're losing to a boss, you have magatamas to fix your resistances. In other words, you can literally just level up luck on your demi-fiend and the game is still possible.

>don't think any game REQUIRES a guide to complete it.
Unlimited SaGa does because no human being could figure out how to play that game otherwise. In fairness, it's a very poorly-designed game.

Also, game teaches you how good buffs are as soon as you get to Matador lol.

Has anyone completed the extra dungeon to get the TDE without a guide? That shit is so cryptic and punishing, idk how it's possible.

You're right but some games get frustratingly trial and error like with Dark Souls 2 and Earthbound. Both are good games but are infintely more enjoyable if you know where rto go

if you really did that i bet you would die to megido somewhere

Yeah i forgot to put pic not related

Oh shit sorry
I'm always quick to defend nocturne

Using online guides sometimes can be fun in my opinion.
Finding out things through outside resources doesn't have to be a negative

Attached: 1538601161709.jpg (492x478, 82K)

>Dark Souls 2
>good games
you think you slick, huh

Attached: i c wat u did thar.gif (310x288, 2.22M)

Nah. By the time megido shows up you will easily have sukukaja/sukunda. Besides, there are magatama that will give you the vit to tank more than enough megidos

>Earthbound
>not knowing where to go

Attached: 1532631157143.png (640x640, 158K)

Earthbound originally came with the guide though!

Attached: SuperBoss.jpg (1280x720, 91K)

Just use brainpower!
That said... use a guide

>can't figure out a damn board game.

Very few games require a guide to complete, and with the exception of some very obtusely constructed JRPGs, the ones that do are very old PC games that were intended for the old PC audience, i.e. games like,Infocom HHGttG Wizardry IV or Time Zone.

A BOARD GAME THAT KEEPS CHANGING THE RULES

Ok yeah, use a guide for this.

As someone who's only beat persona 3-5 and digital devil saga how much harder is nocturne?

tangential but i remember the original myst came with a couple hints inside the physical package, don't remember if they were part of the manual or in sealed envelopes separate from it

youtube.com/watch?v=eumH3rPH9JI
Why was the best song not used in the game?

it can be done with no guide

It's not it just has worse combat

This gives me a Persona vibe.

Nocturne will be pretty similar to DDS but a lot more unforgiving, but if you made it through DDS than you'll do fine

Fucking FF 12 and its chest manipulation bullshit was put in to sell ultimania guides, there really is no other way.

It's not much harder than dds. You just have to realise that unlike dds, magic SUUUUUUUUCKS in this game. For both you and the enemy though

A lot of older adventure games did, sometimes as copy protection (because they had no manual if they got it illegitimately most of the time).

The combat isn't any harder, but the dungeons are fucking bullshit

>That one level in SMB3 that was completely empty with no enemies or anything and you’re just stuck wandering around until the timer runs out.

>Unlimited SaGa does because no human being could figure out how to play that game otherwise
I and many other people did, no easy task to be sure, but there's worse stuff around.
>In fairness, it's a very poorly-designed game.
Your mom is a poorly designed game, no wonder she shat out you.

>what is La-Mulana

>you can literally just level up luck on your demi-fiend and the game is still possible.
Funny too because luck doesn't even work in Nocturne. It's a very easy game

Same level of difficulty all round. You probably die more in P3 on due to more hama/mudo spell spam then Nocturne

no homunculus though

It is worth it, you're just a shitter
actual answer: if i'm not mistaken, games back then were partially made with the purpose with selling guide books for the lads that couldn't figure out what to do when they got lost or didn't bother talking to NPCs/reading what they told them.
Nowadays, if a game is done like that, the developers are just fucking with you probably, or the game really isn't worth it

Git fucking gud

Attached: CA65CCA3-B43D-4836-85EF-E140F3F6DFCB.jpg (1057x1417, 436K)

Attached: 2AA0A2DD-30BD-42DC-9F6A-E49023AA9546.jpg (835x517, 46K)