Which villains are truly missing from the Smash roster?

Which villains are truly missing from the Smash roster?

Attached: 5605878A-15D9-462C-BC7A-121A754845F3.jpg (1579x954, 367K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ca-4OqDQKm4
mariowiki.com/Kenneth_W._James
smashbros.com/wii/en_us/gamemode/modea/modea17.html
youtube.com/watch?v=CeZGOlHmsfI
youtube.com/watch?v=NUpuhuUbiek
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Porky, Eggman, and Sephiroth

According to the Best Villain Contest these
> 1. Sephiroth (FF7, PS1) (N/A)
> 2. Ganondorf (Zelda, NES) (Playable)
> 3. Bowser (SMB1, NES) (Playable)
> 4. Diablo (Diablo, PC) (Never Ever)
> 5. Eggman (Sonic, Genesis) (Trophy)
> 6. Kefka (FF6, SNES) (N/A)
> 7. Liquid (MGS1, PS1) (Trophy)
> 8. Ocelot (MGS1, PS1) (Trophy)
> 9. M.Hand (Smash, N64) (Boss)
> 10. Ansem (KH1, PS2) (N/A)

cool i always wanted bowser in smash i hoep he makes it someday

Fat pig guy Ganon. What he should have been from the start.

Eggman, he’s pretty much second to Bowser when it comes to vidya villain icons. Even Ganon struggles to be as iconic due to him having a new design every game.

>Diablo
LITERALLY WHO

Attached: B65841FE-20D2-4B0F-B641-B7D282D72480.jpg (640x480, 69K)

not explicitly a villain but often postured as the "bad guy" in a bunch of pokemon spinoffs

would be strange to show up in Smash so late in the game but it has its fans

Attached: 220px-Pokkén_Darkrai.png (220x230, 50K)

Black Shadow, Porky, dry Bowser, Malos/Jinn, king boo, shyguy

What exactly is stopping Sephiroth from being in Smash?

Swordies have enough range as it is, but considering they ignored the
>Ridley too big
meme maybe they could work around it too?

Square Enix

best =/= most popular
i can see monokuma getting in the game

Attached: 1547989167710.gif (640x400, 86K)

I suppose some can argue that we already have Dedede and that Nightmare and Marx kinda get there, but there's no Final Boss Kirby villain on the roster (again, barring Dedede, but you know what I mean) and considering that it is THE premier Kirby eyeball villain, I'd argue that Dark Matter could get in.

On a more objective note, these. Eggman is a pretty major villain and Classic Ganon is probably the closest thing we'll get to a non-Falcondorf moveset.

Attached: 70487016_p1_master1200.jpg (724x473, 180K)

>eggman's design changes even more than ganon's

Kid Icarus Hades.

Ganon, being a Boss and Ganondorf FS is not enough. I don't understand why no one asks for him

Attached: images (3).png (220x148, 1K)

Porky (which probably wouldn't happen)
a Kirby villain too like Dark Matter or Marx (which already is a boss)
An F-Zero villain would be nice too.
Kamek is a personal villain that I would like to see but after PP I don't really want more Mario characters right now.
For third parties, Eggman and Wily / Sigma.

Attached: 0193C2CF-6F73-48CB-AD78-F2F69B579981.png (640x857, 903K)

>Two Links
>Two Zeldas
>Nobody asks for a second Ganon to even the odds

Dedede isn’t even considered a villain in the slightest, by both Sakurai and the current developers. Just a “rival”. Dark Matter would be amazing

Attached: 6FB2B25E-DE16-4086-8A86-B30B7651677B.png (640x1095, 27K)

Eggman

>Porky
>Louie
>Anyone from Fire Emblem
>Team Rocket
>Any REAL villain from Kirby

Attached: 1541900156043.png (852x765, 238K)

Dark matter

Attached: EE4D6D3C-0C90-430A-A226-24DF4FCBF5D8.jpg (225x225, 8K)

Bowser is basically his NES counterpart in Smash. I remember Sakurai basing him off how he viewed Bowser as a child, with Giga Bowser being an even more exaggerated version of it.

Wart
King Hippo
Black Shadow
Porky

Attached: 7657658786.png (216x234, 13K)

The perfect Zelda representation:
>Link
>Zelda
>Ganondorf
>Ganon
>Skull Kid
>Toon Link (semiclone)
Maybe:
>Midna
>Sheik

This user is correct. The only thing that's modern about Bowser is he stance. Everything he does is from the older games or is just made up.

Attached: 1539909293269.png (960x1026, 167K)

I miss old run animation from Melee and Brawl

The one where he’d skid on the floor? That sucked

Bowser was based on his earlier characterization in Melee and Brawl, which is why he was much more beastly and why he sounds like he needs throat medicine. 4 was when his more anthromorphic design was carried over though stuff like his claw/bite attack being switched to a body slam happened earlier (though ironically, Bowser does use his claws occasionally in the more recent games).
Now it's just the voice that remains.

Missing? None, the big ones are accounted for. Eggman, King Boo and others would be supplementary.

Attached: its_the_cinnamon_swirls.jpg (563x496, 47K)

1. Non Nintendo character, so chances are low to begin with
2. Second FF7 character, appears once in a humongous series with a huge cast of characters, lots more iconic than him
3. SE seem to be cunts to work with

Melee Bowser still had his N64-era voice though

youtube.com/watch?v=Ca-4OqDQKm4

at 00:45, there are more voice clips from in Melee not in the video, but it's the same ones from the N64 games.

The one and only.

Attached: 1538286962985.webm (569x320, 2.9M)

He still breaths fire and uses the Bowser Bomb. His moveset was mostly made up to begin with, so I don't see how that's much of a point for either side.

Literally only Eggman, and that can be excused for being third party villain.

>fight Bowser for the first time in Ultimate
>sprints at me with loud BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM
>ignores my fair and dropkicks my nuts off

Attached: ha.jpg (377x567, 15K)

>Malos as a Shulk clone

Attached: imagine.png (1139x1079, 470K)

Black Shadow or Blood Falcon, Marx, Porky, M. Bison, Bass, Black Knight, ect. With how much shilling FE gets through Smash, it's amazing to me Black Knight has never been turned into a fighter. He has a bigger cool factor than any of the FE characters already in Smash.

I didn't really consider the Bowser Bomb. Fair point either way.

Yeah, I only realized that afterwards.
Melee's voice clips are fine. Brawl/4/Ultimate's are awful though.
>That pathetic up-taunt roar

The only villains in the OP pic who even deserve to be in Smash are Bwoser and Ganondorf. The rest are honest to god nobodies.

Attached: my gym partners a le monkey face.jpg (403x403, 50K)

Sunshine gave us Bowser's current voice actor, so the voice work in that game wasn't a total waste.

>Bowser's voice was at its peek with Inside Story

Is anyone else kinda glad Bowser’s a beast/monster type of character in Smash Bros.? Sure, it’s out of character now, but it represents a part of him we don’t get to see in the modern games. Why can’t we have a more serious bowser in Smash and the goofier version in the mainline games? Why do they both have to be goofy?

DK is inexcusable though. Where the fuck is my “OK”? K. Rool is a perfect fucking mix though

Attached: A0FE9E9C-1A58-4AF2-AB96-0C0BBEDFB69F.png (1000x1075, 869K)

Jinbe from Mole Mania

Hades.

Attached: image.jpg (422x550, 77K)

Sunshine was Scott Burns, Bowser is now voiced by Kenny James.

They still re-use Burns' voice clips from time to time.

mariowiki.com/Kenneth_W._James

Actually, Bowser's current voice actor came in at Galaxy. The Gamecube games had a different voice actor.

>Why can’t we have a more serious bowser in Smash and the goofier version in the mainline games? Why do they both have to be goofy?
Partially because the Mario series is usually goofy and partially because it gives him more character. Some of his finest appearances are also some of his goofiest.
Smash seems to be moving from the bestial take as well, barring Giga Bowser.

That sword is like 9 feet long.

Interesting. His voice starts becoming heavily edited during the Wii and DS gen, so it's really hard to tell. Still, I don't think they've topped Bowser's inside story. I actually used a mod of that voice for Smash 4 and it fit perfectly. Having to go back to the old voice with Ult. king of hurt a little.

Oh, definitely. It's mostly because they don't really do much voice work in the Mario series, so we rarely get to hear James speak coherently in Bowser's voice. Odyssey had a bit during the cutscenes where Bowser speaks gibberish, but you can still hear certain works clearly.

Dark Matter
M.Bison
Eggman
Porky or Claus
Maybe Mr Sandman from punchout

>eggman

If you can unironically say eggman and not also Dr.wily, there is something wrong with you, or you're trolling. Now I'm just trying to figure out if this is a meme like Krool, or if people are pretending to be retarded, and considering where we are, it could be either, or both at once.

Attached: Smash.png (1119x571, 596K)

>Some ladyboy with a long sword and a gay clown
Why is Final Fantasy so lame?

Porky/Pokey.
A FE villain (Black Knight is my pick)
Medusa.
Skull Kid.
Something unexpected like Captain Syrup or anything Xenoblade.

Those are the ones for first party I think most people could agree would be worth seeing.

Third party would have to match series we already have. So characters like...

Sephiroth
Bass
Robotnik/Eggman
Shadow

Eggman is more popular

I'd rather have Robotnik or anyone else from MegaMan.

Sorry mate, but Eggman's been active for longer and has had wider arrange of mechas/fights.
The team battles would be Kino though.

Because nobody knows the cool ones like Garland, Golbez or Gilgamesh.

Attached: EFFs.jpg (1988x3056, 820K)

>Dedede isn’t even considered a villain in the slightest, by both Sakurai
I'm curious, but where's the source from Sakurai stating that?

We have all the major villains plus some change. Best option currently is Porky but that won't happen.

Sub-Space Emissary and Kirby’s Adventure, where he was a hero trying to save the day in both.

>porky
No

Sorry senpai, but the only other MM rep I want is X.

>Porky, along with a Porky means business remix.
>Black Knight/Walhart
>Dr. Eggman
>Sigma
>Revolver "Revolver Ocelot" Ocelot
>da mutha fucking one-winged angel
>Jubileus
>Mike Tyson
Mewtwo is the evil Pokemon rep shut up I don't care.

>Sorry mate, but Eggman's been active for longer
>Mega Man 1
>1987

>Sonic 1
>1991

>and has had wider arrange of mechas/fights.
You've clearly never played a mega man game in your life.

A Liquid Snake echo would've been kino

Porky and Sephiroth
>diablo, liquid, ocelot, m.hand, kh faggot
fuck off

>Subspace Emissary
>attacked Meta Knight for no other reason other than he hates him
>turns Luigi into a trophy to use as bait
>tries to run over the heroes instead of being friendly
>keeps grouping him with the other villains in the "final event" battles
I mean he's not overly evil, but I think Sakurai still thinks of him as a villain of sort. It just seems that Dedede likes to do things his way, and isn't afraid to let anyone, hero or villain, from stopping his plans. That character is also reflected like that in his home series as well.

The gap between Sonic games is a lot shorter than the gap between Classic Megaman games.

Eggman
Dr Wily
Akuma
Hades or Medusa
Blood Falcon or Black Shadow

>but anooon, pokemon can't be evil, it says so in this pokedex entryy *autistic vocal fry*
Smash Mewtwo is based on the first movie, which he was indisputably the antagonist in. There is no argument. I fucking hate pokefags, worse than FEfags by a long shot.

Eggman and blood falcon or black shadow need to be added so badly

By "Been active longer" I mean he's been featured in more games and generally has more fights, especially considering that most early games usually have him fight Sonic personally.
>You've clearly never played a mega man game in your life.
Ah yes, clearly Wily's constant rehashing of Wily Machine 4 and the disappearing/reappearing capsule are very variety-filled.
Not to say Eggman doesn't rehash (COUGHCOUGHGREENHILLCOUGHCOUGHEGGNEGAWISP) but, see point one.

>An F-Zero villain would be nice too.
Why? I've played every major F-Zero game and I think they're great, especially GX. But what the fuck could they possibly add of value with another F-Zero rep, let alone specifically a villain? The characters are all extremely unimportant in the games themselves and the vast majority of people have no idea who they are.

I love F-Zero, but I can't think of something that would be more of a waste of dev time and resources than a second F-Zero rep.

You comepletly missed the point of Dedede’s role in Subspace. He was turning characters into trophies in order to protect them from Tabuu. That’s why the badges brought Kirby, Ness and Luigi back and he was so happy to see them alive. It was his plan. Sakurai sees him as misunderstood, not a villain. Also wait when did he ever attack Meta Knight in anything ever?

The backstory of Subspace had Dedede's role in the plan be to distract Meta Knight while the Halberd was stolen by the Subspace Army.
Though, given that Dedede presumably thought he was receiving orders from Master Hand, that's a justifiable case.

>barring Giga Bowser
>when he's both a final Smash and classic mode boss now

He seems to turn on the villains after learning about Tabuu.

Attached: 711F9BAA-795A-4893-B026-A3A6C5D1DC76.jpg (1242x461, 306K)

If that were the case then he would have told everyone about the true mastermind of the Subspace Army since he was the one who first discovered Tabuu before the event happened, yet he didn't. He's a gloryhog, and doesn't really much care if he has to harm innocent characters to get it. Also the attack on Meta Knight was a cutscene that was later removed probably due to Sakurai not having much time left.
smashbros.com/wii/en_us/gamemode/modea/modea17.html

King Boo.

Attached: 1528645879619.png (1062x1009, 1.51M)

Give Captain Falcon, Ness, and Yoshi their villains while coinciding the revival of their respective franchises and we'll be in the perfect timeline.

Wasn't Eggman/Robotnik retconned to be the same person?

It’s clear his role was inspired from Adventure, where he couldn’t even get through to Kirby that what he was doing would end up putting the world in trouble. Even if he is a glory hog it doesn’t mean he’s a villain. A villain is someone who does harm to others for their own power and personal wants. Dedede wants to be a hero and respected, but ends up coming across as a villain due to his past actions, especially by Kirby.

Attached: C2F0F550-3224-4E1F-AB24-DACD8339B616.gif (185x179, 46K)

They were always the same person except in the Archie comics, which was a necessity because of complicated reasons. "Eggman" was his Japanese name, Robotnik was his western one.
Technically both names have been canon since SA2, but Sega prefers to keep calling him Eggman more often than not.

Attached: Dr. Walrus.png (2176x2353, 328K)

Attached: basedbeelzemon.png (716x1014, 832K)

Literally who? And what does this character have to do with Nintendo? Don't just post random, retarded shit.

Don’t forget he also put Peach (or Zelda) before himself when he gave up his badge.

why do people keep asking for boring-ass porky instead of giygas?

Attached: Df1Cl3VUwAAN4nC.jpg (776x1200, 61K)

>Literally who?

Attached: 1534401544331.gif (478x350, 84K)

Maybe because he's too similar to Mewtwo and people get triggered if you suggest Giygas be an echo of Mewtwo?

Are there any pokemon that could be considered actual villains? I don't mean like the evil teams or trainers/characters themselves, but the actual pokemon.

I feel like the closest we got to one was Mewtwo in the first movie and in a way I guess Giratina could be considered one since it represent chaos and death and is basically a cosmic horror pokemon.

Attached: 1543796214567.jpg (384x512, 29K)

Reminder that if the villain you want is 3rd party they probably won’t be able to ever get in

Attached: 2025DD7D-7AB5-4C9F-94F6-4BA8260B411A.jpg (749x614, 67K)

but a third little kid character from mother/earthbound is fine?

If you count spinoffs, Darkrai from Mystery Dungeon

People who don't exclusively play Nintendo games need to stop trying to taint Smash Bros. with their third party garbage.

Mainly just this fucker. Also Black Shadow as a Falcon echo, and maybe Marx or Magolor for Kirby.

Attached: Porky-and-Sin3.png (819x590, 18K)

Never played them, what does Darkrai do in them?

Uh yeah? Are you talking about Porky or Ninten though? Because you CANNOT argue the fact that Porky is just “a third little kid character”.

Was his head always a dick?

t. seething geno/isaacfag
hate to break it to you, but most people would rather have more third-party characters than have sakurai scrape the bottom of the barrel for the most literal-who nintendo characters just because they're first-party.

Some people already point out that he's theoretically similar to Bowser Jr., but others hope that his mecha is unique enough to stand out.
Then again, I'm sure I'm probably forgetting a bunch of Giygas supporters. I just remember some people getting upset at the possibility of him being an echo.

To put it lightly, everything in the second game is the result of Darkrai messing with the player and their initial ally before they even started their journey and the player lost their memory. He doesn't even show up in person until the end of the first storyline. I can go a bit more detailed if you don't mind spoilers.

And? That just means most people are retarded.

If we’re allowed to do multiple per series since Mario has 3 technically
>Skull Kid/Pig Ganon
>Marx/Dark Matter
>Porky
>King Hippo
>Black Shadow echo
>Black Knight echo
>Medusa echo
>Pic related

Attached: 28407624-AD1E-4CFD-BCF5-B87D50DB8995.jpg (220x199, 9K)

Lame taste user

megaman isn't as relevant as it used to be and also isn't first party. sonic on the other hand had mania and has a movie coming.

Attached: 1541132758046.jpg (800x828, 68K)

most people aren't "retarded" just because you took a newgrounds meme too seriously a decade ago and want some literal-who puppet in smash.

Attached: 1547517254419.png (800x638, 186K)

Fuck I really hope Louie goes full villain in 4. Would make him twice as a good character than he already was

Attached: FDF3FA9D-30AB-4D8F-9B47-74313CF7B2ED.png (286x350, 9K)

I know that his role is inspired from Adventure, that's why I said that the character (trait) is also reflected like that in his home series. He still does acts of villainy in other games whether it's trying to harm Kirby and have his army attack him to prove his superiority, stealing stars from the sky just because he doesn't like them, or shooting a star child in the sky just because it amuses himself. Also while he gave up his badge to put on whichever princess, he only did that as he thought he had more time to get/make more brooches and didn't expect a surprise attack. He only truly joins the party when everything turns to the crapper and/or he acknowledges the bigger threat and joins in on the effort to defeat it.

Sounds neat, I like when writers get creative with the established rules/lore. So the games are just one big nightmare/dream?

imagine having shit enough taste to want dr. wily instead of based vile.

Attached: 10245018_p0.jpg (900x1300, 176K)

You are straw manning because I don't give a fuck about Geno. And you need to stop giving him attention with your schizophrenic paranoia, because any publicity is good publicity.

Nah mate, Eggman is way more popular. Mainly because of how more easy Sonic is for kids to enjoy rather than Megaman. Megaman is too hard and doesn't have any funny talking animals

Sonic has also not only had one successful kids show, but two.

Porky, Eggman, Black Shadow, Galacta Knight

Eggman has history as a playable character and Wily doesn't. He's also a much more fun and likeable character.

No, but he pulls that trick on them more than once, like convincing the two MCs that killing themselves would prevent the world from dieing, or right before the final battle showing their partner turn to the dark side and begging the MC to come with him so he won't "get rid of them," shit gets dark, yo

No, it varies depending on the game (in the first game, the PC is a human from another world who turns into a pokemon for example). They're all standalone though I think Super Mystery Dungeon connects them. Other than that, I don't recall anything implying that the games are dreams. In that instance, it's more like Darkrai shut a portal off while you and your ally were in there, though he does do some Dream-related stuff during the game.

What the fuck? This was in a rated E pokemon game?

he's being sarcastic you paste eater

While Porky is a "little kid" moveset wise he'd be nothing like them. He doesn't have PSI, he'd instead use mech to get around, and attack with machines/reality bending powers.

Mystery Dungeon (and Explorers of Time/Space/Sky especially) gets pretty dark.
Still fun and enjoyable though.

doesn't really matter which literal-who you want. the only people who still get pissy over third-party characters in smash are nintendo-only fans who view them as "threats" to their chosen literal who's chances.

I don’t see it. A small rival, retired villain, sure, but I don’t think a true villain would rush over to hug his greatest rival after finding out he’s alive

Attached: 8763CE6B-74D1-43F2-917A-84489B36C0C6.png (1024x575, 450K)

>nintendo-only fans
So the game's target audience

Necrozma is one of the few Pokemon in the mainline games that's antagonistic of its own volition. Though whether or not it counts a genuine villain is kinda up to interpretation

Attached: AA213C28-EB36-4763-8FC2-B147E30E78E7-695-000002245C758824.jpg (490x477, 58K)

You bet. Clearly the ESRB doesn't care about emotional scars of children, which is just fine

Most of those are from long ago though. The most recent "evil" thing he did was hold a tournament just to embarrass Kirby in front of everyone. Not to mention that he's long been crept, threat-wise, by stuff like Dark Matter and all the other baddies.
Nowadays, he's a personal antagonist to Kirby, but not really a villain either. It's like a slightly less friendly version of Green/Blue from Pokemon.

That was after the fact that everything was swallowed up by the Subspace and knowing that his old adversary will always follow through to save the day because, you know, he has personally seen the kind of shit Kirby can pull.

Attached: 1445902981337.jpg (640x480, 45K)

I think he’s more arguing the fact that specifically Sakurai saw and envisioned him as a villain

Oh, my bad.

If he expected Kirby, then why would he tackle and hug the little guy as if relieved that he actually did make it?

>only Pokemon in mainline games that's actually a central antagonist, threatening to end existence as we know it
>but caused by humans centuries ago who basically broke him trying to harvest his endless light as a power source, is in constant pain unless he's consuming light
I mean, he did it because he wanted to, but the alternative was endless suffering, so it can go either way. I legitimately love everything about his design and was kind of hoping for the next to impossible chance of him getting chosen but I knew it was never going to happen.

Attached: necrozma_by_psi_stardust-dbq6n8f.jpg (1129x708, 259K)

Boss battle.

Attached: boss battles.png (814x562, 587K)

>a fat old kid in a mechanical spider is boring
>Mewtwo-lite somehow isn't
yeah ok

Third parties don't need more than one rep (echo fighters notwithstanding because they're clones)

Would be completely fine with that outcome, as long as he gets a form change like Dracula did.

Attached: 117.png (1600x900, 2.81M)

You’re making Dedede out to be smarter and more selfish than he actually is. He’s a jolly oaf, not a cunning master mind

Sephiroth

remember when retards thought we were getting a “heroes vs villains” theme because of the k.rool trailer

Marx or Dark Matter/Zero are much better stand in’s as bosses than Magalor

>Skull Kid
no, you might as well ask for Vaati

IMMA REMIX YA FACE

Attached: splatoon-dj-octavio-boss-fight-071917.png (930x491, 757K)

I actually think we've got all the most iconic villains we need

Attached: BadGuyRelations.png (940x1400, 395K)

Slightly less friendly is kinda underselling him as he really got pissed off that Kirby kept winning, told him to meet him at some unknown location, and climbed into a mech with the full intention of hurting him. And he would have succeeded at beating him if it weren't for Bandana Dee to jump in at the very last second. As I said before he isn't really evil, but he does has his breaking point and whenever it reaches to that point, his actions does reflect his villainous side that he has shown before.

>the only people who still get pissy over third-party characters in smash are nintendo-only fans who view them as "threats"
Literally no one. Why wouldn't you want more characters in your game?

would be a much better gen 4 pick than furbait goku

He is a smart character and wasn't always a giant oaf, but the very dumb personality mainly came from the anime. He's not a cunning master mind either, but he does at least plan for things whenever some force happens to threaten his land.

>Wart
Thought I was the only one.

It doesn't bother me as much now that we have K. Rool as a cartoony bully

>cosmic horror
Please. Stop. You don’t know what that means

> Lots of FF characters more iconic then Sephiroth
Factually wrong, he's the most iconic RPG character period behind Cloud

this is cute, got any more of these for other characters?

If there was going to be another Square Enix rep, why another Final Fantasy character?
If there was going to be another Final Fantasy rep, why another Final Fantasy 7 character?

None. Muh villuns is an autistic excuse to add any character.

>doesn't realize that geno IS third-party

Attached: 53487489_125178638547409_2030996793561194663_n.jpg (668x500, 88K)

>Necessary
Porky
Eggman

>Should Do
DJ Octavio
Black Knight
Punch Out rival (King Hippo, Sandman, Super Macho Man)
Skull Kid
Captain Syrup
Kamek (to finally give Yoshi a second rep)
Haded or Medusa

>Should be added a few games down the line if their Hero gets in first

Gruntilda
Pious Augustus
Dr. Coyle

From Nintendo: Porky and Hades
Outside of Nintendo: Eggman

For contrast, I don't think Rayman, Sans, Doomguy, Crash, or Cuphead need their villains in if they got added. A lot of series are OK with just the hero. No one is clamoring for whoever Bayonetta fought

Because Sephiroth is unironically more iconic than literally any other Square Enix villain (arguably any other Square Enix character period).

Can the faggotry of Incineroar being a villain end

I agree

I think another Square Enix rep is more likely, but jf we got another FF guy it'd be Sephiroth

He's based on heel wrestlers.
Even if he's generally nice, he at least puts on a show of acting like a villain.

>Shadow
Read the actual excerpt in the picture you bonehead

Yes. But if you go off of Dark Pits's guidance, Hades is dead. :\

I know canon doesn't matter but that sounds like a Sakurai excuse.

Fuck me, didn't mean to have Shadow's name in that post. I was referring to Incineroar

>cutting young Link and toon link
You cut one, max.
>cutting Sheik
Lol no
>Skull kid
Yeah majoras mask is popular among fans but he’s still a literal who character. Impa, one of the BotW champions, or a well known enemy would be a better choice.

Sephiroth is more iconic then anyone on the Smash roster that isn't Mario/Luigi/Peach/Bowser, Link/Zelda, Cloud, Charizard or Pikachu

I mean, I don't know Kid Icarus, but where would the Lord of the Dead go when he dies, Detroit?

>Kirby
>Donkey Kong
>Yoshi
There’s tons more, like the rest of the Mario cast, but come on man you can’t be this braindead

Attached: C158F6CF-0B1D-4FB5-99B5-2481DC2F76FB.jpg (1111x1628, 281K)

Black Shadow, with Gdorfs old move set for people that enjoyed it.

Cut toon Link and make young links move set into something representing majoras mask. He’s essentially be Pokémon training but with Deku scrub, Sora and Goron for light, mid and heavy characters. Final smash is fierce dirty mask.

This.
I really thought they could pull a pretty cool Subspace Emissary level story out of Hades being a dick and throwing all these worlds together

>young link over toon link
As much as I love ylink and his era of Zelda this would never happen. Toon link is the face of half a dozen Zelda games, where as MM, despite its quality, is a literal who game.

I think Eggman would potentially be a great addition (though I'd also really quite like Shadow - would be hard to pick between them).

I just hate their play style. It’s like links but incredibly fast. Toon link is floaty so not as bad but young link is the bane of my existence. He can spam better than link but is way faster

He's been one of my most wanted for quite some time now.

>legendary spirit
>Assist Trophy
>AND a Mii costume
Ok fags

Attached: 4CF941E9-8C49-4988-A6C2-781B59B04057.jpg (1280x720, 134K)

1. Samurai Goroh
2. Porky
3. Kamek
4. Medusa
4. Dr Eggman
5. Dr Wily
6. Medeus
7. Sephiroth
8. Dracula
9. Arcade Donkey Kong
10. M Bison
11. King Boo

Good point. I don't know why I never though about this before. Makes great story potential for if we ever get an uprising sequel

Attached: 1447048856428.gif (235x247, 24K)

Nobody feels "truly" missing any more but there are some worthy villains.

Worthy additions
>Eggman
Fun character, and if any third party franchise deserves a second rep it's Sonic
>Ganon
There are multiple Links and multiple Zeldas, so multiple Ganons isn't unusual. Plus he could rep the original game which we don't really have right now.
>DJ Octavio
I'm surprised I don't see him more, Splatoon is big enough to deserve another non-echo rep and he's the natural choice

Fair additions
>A Kirby villain
This is sort of a borderline case for me since Kirby is worthy of getting a villain newcomer, but there really isn't any PARTICULAR villain who feels worthy. Dark Matter Swordsman and Marx would be the best choices. It's a shame Zero isn't suited to be a fighter.
>Black Shadow
I see him being an echo of Captain perhaps with some influence from Melee Dorf (mostly Dorf fair and properties of some moves, not physics) It's easier to justify echo fighters, and Captain Falcon is immensely popular so why not
>Skull Kid
I'm not very fond of him but he's very popular and Majora's Mask is incredibly iconic
>Fire Emblem Villain
This one is borderline unworthy because as-is there are just too many FE fighters, but a future Smash could cut down on some of those. The other problem is similar to Kirby it's hard to choose just one, but I think the Black Knight is a clear frontrunner.

Unworthy additions
>Hades
Also borderline. If Palutena wasn't in the game I'd be absolutely behind this, but I just don't feel like Kid Icarus deserves three original reps. I guess they could maybe cut Palutena but eh, I don't see that happening.
>Porky
Why are so many people on this bandwagon?. Ness and Lucas is already incredibly generous representation for the Mother series. Add more unrepresented franchises instead.
>Sephiroth
Why?
>King Boo/Kamek/Captain Syrup/Wart
Mario has enough characters as-is, we don't need to bloat the roster with spinoff villains

YOU LOOK

CRUNCHY

Attached: malos.jpg (1024x576, 41K)

My wishlist is:

Wart
King Boo
Black Shadow
either Ashnard (even if I want Petrine) or Zephiel
Captain Syrup
Copy X

I don't know, why don't you tell me?

Attached: Villains 2.0.png (720x550, 877K)

>but there really isn't any PARTICULAR villain who feels worthy.
I'd argue Dark Matter is by virtue of most villains taking after it in that they're usually giant eyes or have singular eyes in their designs. This is up to the most recent final boss, Void Termina, taking Real Dark Matter's appearance and a few of its mannerisms (along with the other implications of Void).
Dark Matter is the closest thing the series has to a recurring villain and it's connected to Zero.

Porky
Eggman
Black Shadow

Because Giygas is meant to be an inexplicable force of unlimited cosmic power, it's one of the reasons it's such a good villain. Porky on the other hand is equally so because we know EXACTLY what he is, and would be easier to translate into 3d

Attached: 1536378350678.jpg (1600x900, 856K)

I'm not denying he's iconic, it's just that he's iconic for the exact same reason and to the exact same generation as Cloud is, and Cloud is already in the game. So why choose him? It would be like putting a bunch more generic Mario enemies in. Sure, they're more iconic than Ness or Marth, but so what? That's FAR from the deciding factor here.

>> 10. Ansem (KH1, PS2) (N/A)

youtube.com/watch?v=CeZGOlHmsfI

Attached: SUBMIT.jpg (480x360, 37K)

There's literally no reason to add Cloud if you aren't going to add Sephiroth, Cloud's only iconic because of his connection to Sephiroth.

The sad thing is the heroes spout some friendship bullshit an beat his face in don't they?

Onox would be based along with Black Knight. We need more weapon based super heavies. Too bad there isn't enough support for either of them

Attached: 0bf6911efe93f2a415c33f95150e9aa2.png (347x500, 222K)

The froglok ghoul lord.

Attached: ghoullord.png (244x370, 73K)

That's a pretty big stretch of the imagination there user
Especially considering they DID add Cloud and didn't (and won't) add Sephiroth

Porky
Eggman
Sephiroth
Marx
Liquid

Attached: 1551229858032.jpg (751x456, 256K)

We will always get at least one new Mario Rep every game. Nintendo always wants to add more Shillmon, but they'll never let a series have more characters than their flagship. So more Mario is a given just to keep pace

Aran Ryan is a brilliant rival for Little Mac.

>I think Super Mystery Dungeon connects them.

Super puts all the games on the same planet and correct me if I'm wrong but the human in Super also fought along Mew a long time ago if it wasn't someone else.

Fawful.

Gigs attacks being incomprehensible nonsense feels like a big part of what makes him cool. Translating that into a usable moveset that would likely just be red or purple flames and psychic moves feels like it would lose the character.

SUPER

mr. sandman and king hippo also apply

Attached: 1550973731430.gif (600x338, 2.23M)

Ganon, Yuga, Midbus, Captain Syrup, General Scales and Lord Fredrik.

Godzilla, Mudkip, Gundam, Optimus Optimal

I'd like to see Wart and Tatanga get some representation. Obviously they'd never be playable but it'd be nice to see them as assists or hazards or something.

Shit, forgot Black Shadow and King Hippo.

Porky Minch
FE Villain
Sephiroth
Eggman
Dracula
Akuma or Bison
Nightmare or Dark Matter(KDL2)
Fulgore or Grunty

>Fulgore
Fuck yeah

Pretty sure most people consider Mewtwo to be Pokemon's villain rep in Smash due to being based off his movie interpretation, which wanted to destroy humanity.
Also his voice sounds like an anime villain.

Attached: enrique-rivera-mewtwo.jpg (980x1268, 243K)

fucking fawful

Attached: fawful hype.gif (320x236, 399K)

>porky
>boring
nigga he rides in a spider mech. That would be hugely unique and new for smash.

based Louiechads. He needs to be in. I also hope he goes full villain in 4

M. Bison was in Wreck It Ralph alongside Bowser and Eggman so he's at that level desu
To build off of that, Kano for Smash.

Attached: 9c33473c2a71c79a76d52d161f153686.jpg (860x1340, 96K)

>fawful
>boss
are you fucking retarded?

Attached: 1473639545706.gif (400x225, 2.58M)

Fuck that, bring Fug back as the Pokemon boss.

>Mario has enough characters as-is,
nigga what? Mario of all series shouldn't have limits placed on it. especially when every eddition to the roster ends up being one of the most unique characters in the game. anti-mariofags need to fuck off.

>no Louie

Necrozma is just a really powerful animal doing what it knows how to do to survive. Not really evil, it just likes to feast on light

Dimentio
Liquid Snake
Fawful
Eggman
King Hippo
Revolver Ocelot
Skull Kid
Marx
Monokuma

He's a villain in the sense that Wario, Wolf, or Dark Pit are villains. He's just a dude that does what he wants, sometimes he's on the good side if it benefits him and sometimes he's on the bad side

It only changed twice ya dingus.

Father balder/lumen sage

Can you really call any of the other boxers villains? Most just have an ego

I didn't say he expected him, just that seeing Kirby gave him hope since they have dealt with this kind of situation before.

Honestly just Eggman, though I wouldn’t be opposed to Porky.

Would’ve loved Marx but the boss battle is more than I could have asked for.

>dr Wily
outside of the Wily Capsules how would he even work?
why not go for Bass.EXE?

Going off the Wii game, which characterized them the most, Aran Ryan and Sandman are definitely villains. Sandman levelled an entire building with his bare fists in rage, and Aran Ryan seems like he became a boxer purely because he likes hurting people.

The ones i listed have a villain persona and ego. Just because they don't go around murdering people doesn't mean their villains

>fucking Tentalus

would be based but unironically too big
he's useless without his fuckhuge robot/stage/turntable/hot tub

Just remove Chrom and Corrin or Roy for him

Attached: 1536180034188.jpg (876x1000, 132K)

>Anyone from Fire Emblem
Be more specific, because a lot of "bosses" are shit-tier fodder at worst, and Zephiel/Hardin Tier at best.

How about we remove Chrom, Corrin, Roy and Lucina and stop adding more FE garbage.

>king hippo
>boss
Mr.Sandman, Super Macho Man and Tyson would like a word with you

I would fucking love to see Dr. Eggman exert his pent up, frustrated anger unto other characters.
youtube.com/watch?v=NUpuhuUbiek

Attached: doublezetis.gif (516x250, 2.67M)

The masked man would be much better.

As an FEFag, Burger King is perfectly represented as the Assist Trophy. Slow, bulky behemoth that clomps up to you and slaps your shit, a perfect mirror of his ingame animations and all of the invincible power as people remember him for you know, back when he was just a villain and not some asshole's cocksleeve

Attached: masked_man_by_edo__sama-d8w4e0w.jpg (1280x853, 247K)

This scene will never not feel weird and out of place to me, especially when Sonic's built up Eggman in a completely different direction for years

The Wii game made Super Macho Man a joke character, the Punch Out boss would be King Hippo or Sandman who is basically Tyson in the Wii game

Sandman would be perfect, a fast, hard hitting, unflinching giant of a man would make a great boss.