Ahem FUCK OUTER WORLDS

youtube.com/watch?v=997PAfxFiGE

Attached: Desert Ranger.png (2000x1440, 1.99M)

Other urls found in this thread:

f4nv.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

f4nv.com/

>redubbing doc mitchell
I'd love to tear your shitter in half for that

is the game even a quarter finished yet?

For what purpose? Are they making money off this or something?

They can't legally rip all soundfiles from NV.
In a perfect situation they would release the mod unvoiced and then underhandedly have a torrent plugin for the original sounds.

they cant use any of the original voices for some legal reasons i think. bethesda will dab on the mod if they do

honestly they did a good job though, doc sounds pretty good

I still don't understand why anyone would want to pollute New Vegas with Fallout 4. I mean, NV is in no way perfect but Fallout 4 added nothing that the franchise needed, removed plenty that it did and broke the rest. How does it make any sense at all to remake NV in 4?

Hoping someone makes this anyway, the new dub seems competent enough but it's not the same.

they're throwing the baby out with the bathwater
considering the tale of two wastelands team managed to port fallout 3 content to fallout new vegas without breaching copyright law, I see no reason that these hacks couldn't do the same

Bethesda generally doesn't have a problem with full conversion mods and in the past even lend support (although that ended as soon as the creation club launched) but straight ripping assets from their games is a big no-no. Honestly can't blame them for that policy either.

not gonna lie, looks like shit, not being jaded either it genuinely does not look much of an improvement

TTW isn't porting anything. You need both FO3 and NV with all assets installed on your drive and their mod just ties them together.

better graphics
better control
better gunplay
better customization

Fallout 4 as a game, with all of its mechanics, is the perfect platform for a great RPG, its just a shame that Fallout 4's story is bad

it added a functional game that doesn't shit itself simply by launching the application.

Is Obsidian only good at using other people's properties? KOTOR 2, New Vegas, South Park: The stick of Truth, etc.
It just doesn't add up

But I've played this story multiple times already. Why would I want to play it again?

yes and its because they are excellent at writing but terrible at worldbuilding

>last trailer from September 2018
>last update on their facebook page from september 2018
So it's officially joining the pile of unfinished never-ever projects.

Attached: a188512b735b600b95d91edbf6b1565967ce0a1a5fa7b56901755a03157dd733.png (1086x953, 1.04M)

>desert ranger
>wearing perfectly polished leather oxfords

???

Gonna be honest it looks like shit, I can't tell if its the art direction, lighting or whatever, it looks weird being on F4s engine

What a waste of fucking time. Just require manual installation of voices from new vegas.

>cleaning your boots
??????

ironically that's exactly what my first and only experience with Fallout 4 was. I downloaded the game on a free weekend. It crashed to desktop upon entering the vault. On a restart the controls locked up when the Vault Tech guy showed up. Even the esc key stopped responding. The third time I finally got to experience the glorious "improved gunplay" with its unplayably horrendous mouse acceleration that could only be disabled by increasing the framerate to a number that's too high for doors to properly function.

What's strange is that their castingcall page only hired for five voiceactors. Mitchell, Benny, Victor, Easy Pete and Chet. Nobody else.

Very believable.

feature creep. when mod teams get too big they begin to overreach and add too much stuff until their project implodes and dies. it'd be easy to include a readme.txt on how to extract voice files from the original files so that players could simply re use assets from the old game (like tale of two wastelands did) there is literally no need to redo the voices.

Call me when the 'better gunplay' and 'better graphics' are worth losing all the mods and DLC while waiting for people to maybe make new ones

So these "game X made in newer game Ys engine" games every actually get made?
I honestly can't think of one

i wonder why they couldn't do it the way Skyblivion is doing it, since Skyblivion uses the original voices and needs a copy of both game to install it

maybe because FNV isn't the same dev?

>they are excellent at writing
not anymore

>screenshot a post that says what people have said literally every single time the issue of "F4NV is redoing the voices!" comes up

My guess is because they have nobody who can do an installer, if you have an installer that does all the work you can bypass any legal issue because technically you own both game assets and the installer does the work

actually pardon me. I read back to my Steam review and in fact the controls in the first conversation locked up first and then the game CTD'd before getting out of the vault. And I did play the game for three hours total before putting it down.

Here’s the thing about fallout
fo3 was good for its time, but combat sucked
new vegas was a "new game" but it looked exactly the same and there were no innovative new features, fighting things were a chore. plus there were like no open world respawns, making its replayability the worst.

When you first start out in NV there’s no story at all. I’ve never played an RPG like that. There’s nothign to draw you in, and the game is so retarded if you so much as walk in the wrong direction you get raped by a deathclaw, because ObsSHITian is too lazy to design a decently flowing world map so they lock down sections with high-level mobs.

New Vegas was one of the most bizarre aberrations ever released by a major studio. It felt like more like a buggy fan-mod than a genuine studio release. autistic, undisciiplined ideas litter the game like children's toys, massive amounts of trash. Multiple ammo types to help slow down and complicate combat even more? For no reason, a blue Super Mutant in a dress is now your friend? That’s gay shit

This is why Fallout 4 is the best.

fallout 4 is by far the most enjoyable. they added innovative new features like ADS, hit markers, respawning enemies (when u compare it to NV its a new feature) and made VATs a lot less cheap. It still is a noob feature, but instead of stopping time it slows time, not by enough in my opinino though .

Power armor is finally as it should be. Its not a gay looking martian suit that looks so flimsy a 9mm bullet could penetrate it. Now i can believe its actual powerful death suit, not the worst cosplay at faggotcon. Plus, in fo4 you can attach jetpack. A fucking jetpack. Enough said, fo4 is the FIRST 3D fallout to have a jetpack.

fo4 is just a superior, well polished game.

>sincerely believing devs are going to hire professional voice talent to autistically redub 65,000 lines of dialogue for their free mod
There will be a "sad" announcement close to release admitting the mod will be unvoiced (for legal reasons of course), and then shortly after 1.0 a very convenient unofficial patch will be unveiled that ports audio from an existing FNV install. Mark my words.
Wow. It is almost as if they only intended to record original dubbed dialogue for promotional videos to generate hype.

>remaking NV so that a full decade of mods no longer works

Attached: hmm.jpg (200x211, 7K)

What a waste of time

>Made an april fool's video

ok bud

F4's gunplay is apparently Just That Good

man that's really stupid if so, so much extra work required rather than just looking for someone who can do that.

uhh they have weekly updates dude.

They've added the traits and perk and skills back into the game. I don't think they'll be adding Fo4 style building and armor in either.

The reasons for wanting NV in Fo4's engine is it's better character creation, rework of power armor, better gunplay, and graphics.

Now I can finally play as a chubby, spoiled female courier, What fun!

Why couldn't they do that then?

@457063478
back to bait school with you. You can't just itemize blatantly obvious meathead defense of undiluted retarded casualization and essential Fallout 1 and 2 features and then separate all that from genuine points with reddit spacing and then expect it to blend together seamlessly into something believable.

Attached: bait.jpg (128x128, 3K)

Because NV is Gamebryo and 4 is Creation Engine

they cant use the audio from the original game you stupid nigger

oh look another fallout mod project that will never be finished

Most people who are interested in this aren't seeing this as a replacement for New Vegas, but just as a new way to play an old game with new features.

And also there are a lot more features in Fo4 that are really good that you are forgetting about. For instance companion karma, power armor, and better customization of your character. It may sound silly, but I always wanted to play through New Vegas and Fo3 while being able to chose my characters body weight. So this is exciting for me.

oh. that makes a lot of sense actually.

they do weekly updates from their discord
I reccomend muting every channel but announcements and not engaging with them

Mods improve the experience tremendously but NV is still a great game even without them. In a best case scenario F4NV does a well enough job that it drums up interest in its own mods and we at least see the more popular ones remade.

i dont know the differences between skyrim and fo4 but skyrim is creation and oblivion is gamebryo, and skyblivion is doing it.

thats the unfortunate part. Would love to play as my ST robot but fallout 4 has some really good mods as it is

>i wonder why they couldn't do it the way Skyblivion is doing it, since Skyblivion uses the original voices and needs a copy of both game to install it
Technically the Skyblivion devs aren't supposed to be using audio assets from Oblivion either, but those devs didn't act like complete morons and personally ask Bethesda if they could go forward with their project (like the F3 remake team did), forcing Beth to acknowledge the project and make a legal statement on it. I imagine the only reason the FNV team is redoing the audio (or at least portions of it for the time being) is because the F3 team forced Bethesda to make a legal statement on that kind of Fallout-related project, and knew that their project would the next one to be potentially struck down if they didn't do anything to save face.

Realistically, I'm sure the devs know that most people are just going to replace their new audio with that from the original game, and are only redoing some of the voice acting and such to keep Bethesda of their back. I'd be surprised if they actually bothered to re-record all of the original game's dialogue, considering how unnecessary it is in the grand scheme of things.

>if you have an installer that does all the work you can bypass any legal issue because technically you own both game assets and the installer does the work
If that was truly the case then Bethesda wouldn't have had an issue with the group that was remaking Fallout 3 in 4. There's apparently licensing issues involved with 3's audio/voice acting that keeps porting it from one program to another from being legal.

I'm pretty sure it's because there's some kind of joint ownership issue on voicefiles along the lines of the audio belonging to Bethesda and the VA guild the VAs are part of

at least they found a get impersonator

>skyblivion is doing it
Skyblivion is doing it because Bethesda hasn't acknowledged that project in any way yet. Just like they didn't acknowledge Morroblivion in any significant fashion until it was released online.

F3 wasteland was cancelled because the project lead quit, and they asked to port the voices over which is completely different

>implying polishing a turd can make a good game

>thinking Fallout 4 was bad because of it's core gameplay and not it's lack of content

That's essentially what I said? The project lead went to Bethesda asking for their blessing on the project, to which Bethesda responded by stating they couldn't use the original game's voice acting in their remake. Then the project lead stopped the project because he didn't want to have to re-record dialogue and didn't want to release the project with no voiced dialogue either (for whatever reason).

The whole thing was non-issue, really.

>looter-shooter with neutered rpg mechanics
>good

back to r/gaming

new vegas isnt even that old
you can make new vegas look better graphically than fallout 4 does with mods
i believe there are mods to improve the gunplay
fair point on customization
havent played fallout 4 because it seemed gay so whats different about the controls?

No it's because Fallout 4 is four years old and it wasn't even up to scratch graphically back then.

soulless

>you can make new vegas look better graphically than fallout 4 does with mods
I'm gonna hard disagree with this statement, first of all the meshes are low poly trash, any high res texture applied makes it stand out. ENB looks like ass because apparently Boris supports Skyrim and Fallout 4 more than any other game and its simply a piss filter. And the lack of a good LOD is a hard pass from me.
Even the seams for the vanilla bodies/faces turn me off and need fixing SOMEBODY FUCKING FIX IT!!!
I like New Vegas, but graphically good looking (even with mods) is not what I would describe.

>havent played fallout 4
Why are you even talking?

but its story is shit, its role playing systems are watered down, and it has a lot of lore breaks

this
why the fuck does anyone want to remake new vegas on fallout 4
new vegas isnt even that old
the new version is just going to end up being shit probs
i dont see the point
i dont even see the point of touching fallout 4 with a twenty foot pole in the first place but im a retarded no-mutants-allowed-fag

to try to get some (You)s, partner :)

Isn't it because the voice actors themselves could potentially take legal action? Perhaps those VAs had different contracts or something.

I'd be quiet and let them waste their time, we get some free weapon, armor and asset mods from it in anyways

This. I am just as confused about Skywind, who would want to dumb down their game mechanics so much?

this has to be bait
I cant be fucked to go through the whole post but NV added ADS you dumb fuck

The game mechanics are what makes 4 so awful, is power armor going to work like it did in NV? Not likely see what I mean? Thought of that right off the top of my head this is going to be such a shit watered down remake

because they've voice acted every single line of dialogue rather then having to read a novel for every character interaction.

I am looking forward to Skywind, but it won't replace Morrowind for me. I will always go to OpenMW if I want to play Morrowind, while Skywind seems like more of a novelty.

However, Skyblivion has the potential to completely replace Oblivion for me.

Don't worry, at least you won't have to rely on a hope and prayer, along with sacrificing a baby to get F:NV to launch with mods.

Attached: 1489611391908.png (618x618, 647K)

this reminds me, just checked the Skywind twitter for the first time in years and it seems the project is still alive, amazing

i dont like or own fallout 4 so

still can be used for Fallout New Vegas or future games

>those shoes
>that collar
The Veteran armor didn't look so hot in Fallout 3's engine compared to the concept art but I'm not liking these design decisions.

Who the fuck actually likes the empty ass map in New Vegas?
Remake Fallout 2 in Fallout 4 engine, now that would be nice.

>entire video and they dont even get out to show the map

lmao see you in either 5 years or never ever.

>you can make new vegas look better graphically than fallout 4 does with mods
Dude, I love FNV but the game looks like ass because it used an engine that was fucking engine before the game even released. Most beautification mods only tackle the textures, nothing is done for the shitty meshes or animations. Fallout 4 isn't a particularly pretty game either but it looks infinitely better than Fallout 3's shitty engine from more than a decade ago.

Why exactly are they doing this anyway? Why remake New Vegas, a game that has such a heavy amount of mods in a game with literally zero mods?

>decide to replay New Vegas
>install mods
>start game
>remember that the map is a fucking desert

I also realized that theres not even big quest mod projects, only Project California that came out recently.
Pfft, New Vegas fanbase is not just obnoxious but also completely useless.

>Watch video
>Legitimately cannot tell if I'm watching New Vegas with Fallout 4 character customizer spliced in or not
>Fallout 4 doesn't even look better than a game from 2010

Attached: somewhat disappointed hakase.png (1280x720, 610K)

>>remember that the map is a fucking desert
no shit its a fucking desert, its the Mojave

Attached: tenor.gif (480x258, 2.17M)

power armor in 3 and nv was a joke of a mechanic because it wasn't power armor, it was just regular armor that had better stats than other armor

Sounds like power armor.

Sounds like you're retarded.

>powered infantry armor
>the only thing powering it is you walking around in it
even """the original creators of fallout""" got this shit right, and bethesda only just managed to unfuck it in fallout 4

Sounds like you're upset.

It fucking sucks in fo4 though, basically unlimited fuel, it’s so OP it’s dumb. When I played 4 I never used it cause it ruined any sort of challenge, and was so easy to obtain

Sounds like someone's triggered after getting called out for showing how retarded they are.

You just got more upset, didn't you?

Do you have some bantz beyond "lol u mad" cause that's boring

Work with me here.

Not really. It just becomes silly OP in Fallout 4 and is balanced around the fact that you need microfusion cells to operate, which itself becomes an incredibly common resource that it basically becomes a moot point.

you would think that's kind of the point of having it at all, is that it's laughably strong and a useful military application

The creation engine is just the Gamebryo engine modified slightly.

So give a level 1 a level 60 item at the start of the game?
Sounds like bad game design.

What a waste of time and talent. Why can’t these people invest there time into something actually good like a Van Buren remake?

that's how game engines work. moron.

Who cares about this. How is project Miami going?
New stuff is better than old and busted shit.

>NV in VR with full motion controls
Can't wait.

Attached: 1526761167202.png (752x532, 50K)

That looks literally soulless. look how clean the pants and shoes are.

>better graphics
It still looks like shit
>better control
How
>better gunplay
Crits being something you save up and choose to use is enough to negate any of this
>better customization
Wow, that sure fixes everything

have you seen ANY footage of fallout 4 in VR?
its dogshit and none of the interaction ingame is contextualized for VR.

>Every game engine is held togethor with bandaids and string, mostly getting just a new coat of paint while leaving well over decade old glitches in place

yes, actually. like how unreal still has the god awful texture streaming issues.

Looks good, I doubt It'll be finished before TES 6 drops if at all through

Attached: Comfy_Dog.jpg (1803x1351, 388K)

Yes, it is bad game design but that's beside the point
Power Armour is meant to be fucking strong, it's the pinnacle of military technology

Them not being able to rip the soundfiles for these projects is why the fallout 3 one quit. The New Vegas one decided to redub the whole game, though someone will likely make it so you can easily get the old audio back.

>Expecting the mojave desert to not be a desert
>Expecting massive quest mods to be getting made regularly for a game that came out in 2010

Attached: 1554254497431.png (513x468, 237K)

I never used it in 4 because its so easy to become OP and my autism flares up when it gets damaged, since it's so weak it easily breaks.

How do you fix power armor in 4 Yea Forums?

yes, a Bethesda game being broken shit is very believable

There is a mod that makes it very rare

In a better designed game you could make it rare and define the role of vehicular combat as separate from other modes of play. Make it the exact opposite of a stealth operative playstyle, and make arenas that cater to it more than stealth, as well as arenas that cater to stealth more than it. Ta da, a power house with drawbacks and contexts that make it more or less useful situationally.

Have a mission that wants you to plant evidence that will smear the name of a local leader and shame him out of office? Maybe leave the armor behind for this one, chief.

Inhospitable region crawling with rads and mutated freaks, and you've been tasked with retrieving an old but still operational generator part out of the middle of it all? Maybe sneaking and talking can sit this mission out.

Ta. Fucking. Da.

>make it rare
>increase the durability of it completely
>Can't strip down to just being a frame, it's the full suit but individual limbs still take damage and look damaged
>Remove the fusion core system
>Don't let the character become so OP so quickly that the armor becomes a hindrance, more then anything slowing you down

Attached: 1553964885672.gif (240x240, 1.63M)

Take it to the power armor bench and hope you have the needed materials.

You need all the assets but you don't need to own the F3 stuff which is good because fuck owning that shit on steam.

>muh graphix

>let's port new vegas to fucking fallout 4 instead of a competent engine that doesn't shit the bed

are they mentally challenged?

soulless

It's the same retards that are hyping up Skywind instead of OpenMW

OpenMW is the future for ALL Bethesda games. Gamebryo/"Creation Engine" is the past.

Attached: 1554120745905.jpg (529x1024, 106K)

what is openmw

Wow! Can't wait to play this alongside Skyblivion... and skywind... hang on...

go look it up instead of asking to be spoonfed

Attached: 78c.png (832x968, 420K)

>expecting obsidiots to have any semblance of taste

can I get a quick rundown on OpenMW?

Not using a superior concept artist.

Attached: Recharger Gun Final (2).png (2377x1394, 725K)

>they are excellent at writing
Obsidian was never good.