Realistically speaking, how hard is it to move to Japan?

Realistically speaking, how hard is it to move to Japan?

I'm a programmer in the western game industry. I love games, but not western games and I hate everything that surrounds them (leads that are in positions they don't deserve, sjws, politics). Not only that but I never get rewarded for my work

I've been to Japan 3 times already and loved everything about it. Went to the countryside as well and everyone was very nice. Also I'm white so maybe that helped a lot

Anyone know where I should start? Apparently teaching English is what everyone does first to get a place over there and then they move up. Do I need a minimum Japanese proficiency level (N2 maybe)?

Attached: 1553231799320.jpg (980x735, 162K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n70AgNDh6qg
google.com/amp/s/www.vg247.com/2017/03/18/zelda-breath-of-the-wilds-us-programmer-one-day-dreamed-of-working-for-nintendo-ten-years-later-his-wish-came-true/amp/
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/James_Turner
youtube.com/watch?v=HbmCh55fM64
youtube.com/watch?v=VxboX2kypA4
youtube.com/watch?v=ylj8DAeOkhM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riken
riken.jp/en/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ritsumeikan_University
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doshisha_University
english.takushoku-u.ac.jp/student-program/
mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/american-loses-eye-after-being-13659560
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-08-20/why-some-techies-are-shunning-silicon-valley-for-japanese-dream
youtube.com/watch?v=Hwlm_RNrGqA
youtube.com/watch?v=8ielxxaDzq8
youtu.be/8QPamnNYGJI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Learn a good bit of kanji and dialect, or else you will pretty much be looked down as a child. Make sure you get credentials in the west first, whether it be a degree or IT certificate (Yes, IT is a pretty alright and in demand career in Japan, as the average person there knows next to nothing about computers), or you could just go the easy route and do studies in Japan.

Also if you pirated shit, delete it, because Japan has strict antipiracy laws.

There is a MBA in Japan thing I can take at a university here and I'm seriously considering it

I'd say go for it.

$$$ though, and I do believe I need to be N3 proficiency before taking it sadly, but yeah it's in my plans

Gomenasai, my name is Ken-Sama.

I'm a 27 year old American Otaku (Anime fan for you gaijins). I draw Anime and Manga on my tablet, and spend my days perfecting my art and playing superior Japanese games. (Disgaea, Final Fantasy, Persona series)

I train with my Katana every day, this superior weapon can cut clean through steel because it is folded over a thousand times, and is vastly superior to any other weapon on earth. I earned my sword license two years ago, and I have been getting better every day.

I speak Japanese fluently, both Kanji and the Osaka dialect, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about Japanese history and their bushido code, which I follow 100%

When I get my Japanese visa, I am moving to Tokyo to attend a prestigious High School to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become an animator for Studio Ghibli or a game designer!

I own several kimonos, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to Japan, so I can fit in easier. I bow to my elders and seniors and speak Japanese as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.

Wish me luck in Japan!

Attached: ken sama.jpg (600x800, 56K)

God I wish that were me

日本語話しますか?
あなたはクイムにすくたたことありますか?

If you wanna get into the vidya industry in Japan you'll more than likely be expected to have native-level Japanese skills. No one will reward you for your work in Japan, either. And they may not have as much sjw shit or politics but there is still shit plaguing their side of vidya making. The games are still infested with corporate suits demanding bits of DLC, almost EA-like corporate. It's not bad if you have the drive and dedication for it, but don't expect a humongous improvement.

Nani? Yes, user. I'm sure they require full receipts for Steam purchases before allowing one access to their country.

>been to a country 3 times as a tourist
>thinks that's what its like to live in a country with a completely foreign culture and customs

You are fucking delusional. Get help, seriously.

Attached: 1351091788342.gif (296x160, 1.27M)

ごめんなさい.。:'ー(

You don't have to know any Japanese to live in Japan. You should put in the effort to learn the basics though. Hiragana, Katakana and maybe a few hundred basic kanji plus look up basic phrases which shouldn't take long.
Getting to N2 takes a lot of work so if you want to do that prepare to make time for it.

youtube.com/watch?v=n70AgNDh6qg

Hey there. I'm young and I'm willing to try new things out. Chill out

Do they really look down on you like a child if you don't speak Japanese well?

>afraid of change
Yikes that's going to be big oof from me dog

>Do I need a minimum Japanese proficiency level (N2 maybe)?
Go for N1, the JLPT isn't that hard

Tell me more about it. About to take it in a few weeks I've been to the website and all.

>becoming a programmer to make vidya
>expected you’d enjoy the workspace or thought you’d ever rewarded for the work

lol you fell for the meme, just specialize in an administration or security certification and you’ll be paid more and won’t hate everyone around you. Don’t hold yourself back on vidya when you can do so much more with your skills

Attached: 1A953D88-2D8A-40B6-BFB1-3CA514ABAACD.png (940x528, 742K)

Weebs btfo. They don't want you there op, stay with us in the superior western world.

Attached: 1508586229719.jpg (481x557, 41K)

Being a burger living in Japan is like being an illegal Mexican living in Alabama, they'll allow you to live there because the government forces them to but don't expect to have any sort of quality of life

If you really want to be taken seriously as an adult, it helps to have knowledge of kanji, it is essentially the writing system that separates the kids from adults. Child shit tends to have just hiragana while adult stuff is pretty much loaded to the brim with kanji

This. They’ll never fully accept you

Make your own game instead.

As long as you've been studying and doing what you're supposed to be doing you'll probably pass it.

No. They treat you as illiterate and unable to function in society. Which you are. You still can be respected for other things. They just won’t trust you to be off by yourself for very long.

Try for your local localization team instead.

Don't do that, user. Wagecuck there is beyond saving. I worked in japanase company in Osaka for 2 years... I got huge cultural shock. The meetings almoat nearly killed me. 9 hours in a small hot room drive me nuts. Japan is only nice for vacation

Not hard at all if you have decent stuff to show off to companies. The hard part is actually finding a company that isn't significantly worse to work at than its western counterparts.

>making your own game while living in Japan
Imagine...

>I never get rewarded for my work
Do you think Japan is any different from the rest of the world, you might have more luck making games in SK, Taiwan or China.

Attached: 1546556478949.gif (240x240, 1.19M)

Imagine someone who can’t read the headline of a single newspaper or magazine or news show. Can’t read most packages at the store, or any comics aimed for people above 5 years old.

I can't imagine being a business man in Japan or China. Exactly because of those shitty hours.

Why don't you try to get a western job that you can do from home and then try to find a way into the country? Would be easier and probably more comfy living as a permanent vacationer than trying to blend in. Japanese language is a disaster. Enjoy your 3000 kanji

If there's no difference might as well pick the better culture desu :^)

follow your dreams user!

Attached: 1553119800683.jpg (720x958, 51K)

Attached: God_I_Wish.jpg (124x125, 2K)

I have no dreams user

Attached: 1554078787837.png (500x505, 165K)

I mean this is a universal bias. Even if you know that it's perfectly reasonable for someone to not master your first language you think of them as less intelligent because of it.

Reminder that this happened google.com/amp/s/www.vg247.com/2017/03/18/zelda-breath-of-the-wilds-us-programmer-one-day-dreamed-of-working-for-nintendo-ten-years-later-his-wish-came-true/amp/

Wow, that is a very cute story. Too bad I'm too old to do this

>amp-link

Japanese video game companies are hard to deal with too. 90% of the time the departments have no idea what is going on with each other (and they don't bother to ask, because that kinda makes them look distrustful towards the capabilities of the department being asked) so when one of them is shitting the bed, they don't know until it's too late.

t. offshore former employee of Japanese video game company. That was a shitshow.

Tell me more about that story

Aren't you that user who worked with SE/Konami/Capcom for a while, can't remember which one, you posted here some years ago.

>i went to japan on vacation so I basically already know what it's like to live there
>i can move there without being fluent in the language, right?

Attached: 1553969382063.jpg (803x719, 48K)

>Doesn't bother reading the thread at all
Off you go faggot

I mention offshore because I wasn't in Japan. Basically the department in Japan that handled our office was a real shitstain for several years and made us do things that never turned out any profit. Our office made shitty mobile games for brands that paid the Japanese office. Had no real clout to make the games any better, and since they were total garbage, and because the Japanese department in particular was stupid, the projects often went overbudget and delayed for months.

Some people from our office got sent to Japan for "training" but it turned out they were just short on manpower after a lot of their people left. They were dumped into ongoing projects like lost sheep to a slaughter and had to literally swim for their lives, figuratively. Now, these other departments seemed to be doing well but our office's morale was pretty low because we were in the red for the better part of 4 or 5 years, and we did nothing wrong but follow what our Japanese liaison said.

No, not those.

This sounds horrible. Are you still in the industry user?

Why not? Most Americans can't speak English

The Japanese will never accept you. I hope you know that.

I left that office 2 years ago. Right now I'm just taking a break and living a nice life not worrying about going to work, but I might look into another job very soon. I'm a sound designer btw.

So yeah I hope this clears up any misconceptions you have about the nihonjin video game companies. They are about as disorganized and dysfunctional as western video game companies, but some departments in them are populated by "rockstars" who are able to carry the dead weight of other departments and that's how they kind of manage to get by.

Idiot. I went to Japan once AND decided to move there the next year. I've stayed there for 8 years after that. The only reason I moved back is because I got a better job with a better pay at some company.

I'm white and not disgusting. Maybe you're right, maybe you're not.

Since you're white just move to another western country, you'll never feel at home in Japan and they'll always make remarks about how its their country, and not yours.

t. lived in japan for 4 years, now living in Ireland

I haved lived on and off in Japan for 6 years now. I travel over there three times each year and live about 2-3 months before I head back. I work for a company that specialize in toy products.

And you should really here it from me first hand. Even though I am very goddamn nice person in general, relied upon by my peers, and saved their fucking asses several times whenever they fuck up, they will never see me as a real friend. They respect me, but they don´t want me as friend. They pretend that we are buddies of course. I remember this from two years ago. The boss´ son was getting married. And everyone was invited but me.

What really killed me was that I thought that it was a personal family wedding, but no, the fucking janitor was invited. And this is after I managed to salvage a deal that gave everyone bonuses for Christmas.

There is an wall there the will probably never be overcome. I am a grown man, so I just let it be and don´t let it hurt my professional conduct, but damn does it hurt from time to time. Two years later, is the same shit. We go out and drink, have fun, and do some travel together, but never any family related stuff.

t.English man.

I don't work in the game industry, I'm just a mobile device. I moved from Europe to Japan last year, it wasn't that hard! There are a couple of companies here who will support making your visa and ease the whole moving process financially. You can still be a Dev there, while looking for a gig in the game industry.
Beats being an English teacher, financially.

>They respect me, but they don´t want me as friend.
That is also one reason why I want to leave here I have no friends here either.

That is a very good advice. Thanks!

I don´t think it´s my skin colour really. Is that I´m a foreigner, someone not from Japan. I remember my first three years, I studied Japanese when I had time and held a conference in fluent Japanese once. Of course it was practiced presentation and I can´t do it without preperation, but I wanted to try and fit in. They were all clapping and praising me. But I found out from a co-worker that they thought of it as a very "cute" gesture, the praise was like praising a kid. I stopped trying to learn Japanese that week.

Fuck off, were full.

Enjoy your below poverty pay and living in a shoe box apartment sad and alone without any friends who doesn't speak your native language.

Enjoy your trips to Japan but don't bother moving there. Vacation and trying to make a living is not the same.

>I have no friends here either.
You'll never be true friends with a Japanese person. I'm not saying this because I'm trying to keep you out of Japan, I'm saying this because I was you at one point and thought Japan would be different.

Japanese people will treat anything they don't agree with as "cultural differences" and they won't want to get to know you on a fundamental level. I worked the same company for 3 fucking years and most people knew me as the foreigner. They knew my name too, but even people I thought were my friends referred to me as an American more than my actual name

You know what would be great? Having a steady stream of income without having to work. Then you go to Japan to just chill out and live the NEET life.

But going to Japan to work? Come on. They have this stupid custom about not leaving the office before the boss leaves. How dumb is that?

Sure!
Also, some of the places don't require any Japanese skills and might even provide some sort of support for learning.

he's kinda right, though. if you go to another place as a tourist people will be nice because you have money and won't stick around

if you move and plan to live there then people won't be as nice since you're not a tourist looking for places to blow your money, and since they don't know you it'll be harder for them to accept you. kinda obvious but you should keep it in mind

You learned the hard way that anime wasn't real.

Was offered a post doctorate position in Japan and considering taking it as the project seemed interesting.
Do universities in Japan work in English like a lot of other non English speaking countries?

I can affirm this. Is not even ill will or anything. They will even try to save you in case you get into an accident, but you will never be "family".

I'm learning gamedevving at the moment and am kinda like you. I'm western but only like jap games.

People like >bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/James_Turner

give me hope that it's possible to be a gaijin and work in the jap game industry.

Attached: 1552924951035.png (395x599, 457K)

You mean credentials and their record keeping? They convert it into their own weird ways, but it should be fine. You mean socially and professionally? You are fucked.

Some time ago, some user posted about Uni's in JP, they treat foreigners better than companies.

I can respect that.

He is a graphic designer, of course he is a valued. Code monkeys are not human.

Professionally yeah, I've been to a fair few universities around Europe and they all were in English. I don't really mind if I have to learn another language, just wasn't sure if it would be similar.

Just make your own fucking game, stop trying to get into a foreigner market that will only see you as circus monkey.

How are you finding Japan so far? Is it everything you've expected it to be?

Except that Japs assume that every non-Asian is a tourist and will treat you like one.

You need to learn and be very fluent in the language or everyone will hate you as much as we hate spics, if not more so due to their correct decision to remain a mainly homogeneous country. The bottom line is you need to FIT IN and ADAPT as much as you can to what THEY do, because that is what a good immigrant does.

>amp
fuck off phoneposter

Lol no. Almost every sign in the big cities is in English, and most people speak a decent amount of English.

surely this type of "othering" happens in Japan but it is because in general gaijins cant speak Japanese naturally. Japan is super insular country, so are Japanese. they never accept ones who cannot "get over the line", and language skill is a measure of valuing it. despite that Japan is easily one of countries where you can live in without knowing any of the native language, Japan is arguably one of the hardest countries where you would be always seen as "alien" if you dont have a skill to communicate to the same degree as native people.

Imagine being the only white dude at a Japanese wedding. You would pull more attention than the bride.

Do you respect """""people""""" that don't understand/refuse to learn English in countries where the official or defacto official language is English?

Yeah, and we have a ton of signs and stuff with Spanish on it. That doesn't mean "don't learn English" you fucking wetback.

That's basically what I'm trying to do. I just hope a very jap looking/themed game is received well despite being made by a westerner. Most jap type games made by westerners always have to add some kind of western flair like red noses or tumblr shit to stand out.

I can respect it too, and I'm the one who lived it. Look, working in Japan for a year or two, while I wouldn't recommend it as the work culture is shit and your bosses are 9/10 fucking retarded morons who only got the position because they've been shoveling shit at the company for 25 years and thus are entitled to a good position, could be a fun story later in your life. But please, PLEASE do not think you're going there to find the "place you belong" or some gay shit. Japan made me experience the cold dread of modern social isolation.

As I say this, living there helped me find my wife because she was a white weeaboo who moved to Japan to teach English and had nobody to hang out with, and I met her online when she was bitching about Kyoto and we met up and started dating well after, but still

Jap devs don't play most indie games. You might get some recognition from some people, but it'll be very small. Just do what you want user

Maybe it was all for the best after all

I still want to live in Tokyo after hearing this because I don't want to make friends with anyone anyways. I just want to take my wife there and do fun tourist shit every day like going to japanese restaurants and hanging out in Akiba. I'll just dream that I'm reincarnated as a jap in my next life lol.

Attached: 1554033131982.jpg (604x483, 71K)

>Japan is dying out
>they are basically racist and don't like outsiders
What do they mean by this?

Attached: 1545847816927.jpg (1024x1024, 53K)

>basically racist
Wanting to keep your country isolated from outside invaders that take jobs and don't speak your native tongue does not make you racist. Faggot.

We met because she said she was considering suicide and I told her I was planning on jumping in front of a train very soon, and if I hadn't met her I would've killed myself. That's how fucked the social isolation you experience is. But because I met her and fell in love, I can't say it was all bad, I just would never recommend it to anyone. Take a long vacation to Japan, treat it like the giant amusement park it is, then come back home with some fun stories and keep living your life.

Attached: japanbirth.png (1083x497, 82K)

Professionally you will not be trusted to begin with if you are a member in a project. You will be scrutinized severly compared to your peers. They got this old shitty 先輩後輩 thing going on. It might tire you in case you want an equal working relationship.

>moves to japan and still ends up with a white roastie wife

you fucking blew it

>have a small YouTube following
>make some money from vids
>can basically fund my experiment of going to Japan for a year or two
>will make videos of Japan while I'm there because why not and get more money
This might just work

Attached: 1553820787846m.jpg (768x1024, 108K)

Hey that's a nice story, good that it worked out for you.

Just make a bunch of Japan travel vlogs at first, then if those do good numbers, move there for a while and then make the usual "WACKY JAPAN XD" videos.

>I WILL ACT LIKE A FUCKING ASSHOLE REFUGEE
You dumb fuck.

>Taking jobs
>More and more empty slots by the day as people go older
Jobs are not directly being taken away from japs, they are taking it away from themselves by being asexual.

Damn, glad it worked out for you. But seriously I can live alone I've managed to do it for 6 years at my workplace and deleted all of these people from my life last week. I need to try new things out, move on you know.

>Japan birthrate is fine

Attached: 1550425777682.gif (300x300, 2M)

Wanna wife Kaho since Anri is taken and bred.

Stay in the west and just go indie if you can't stomach the western dev culture, maybe once you are successful you can move to Japan while learning the language along the way. In your current state you are setting yourself up for failure.

Why do people think moving to a country with one of the worst work culture is a good idea? Are they delusional weebs?

I'm in research. I'm used to the idea equality doesn't exist.

Seriously, learn japanese. Or you'll be a pathetic faggot like this guy

youtube.com/watch?v=HbmCh55fM64

Let say you got a wife, she will be shit talked beyond recovery behind her back and treated like an alien by her female social buddies. You might not care, but that will mess with her mentally in a serious way. I have seen it, and is not even white piggu go home thing, it was a Japanese man with a SK gf.

If you sit in metro in Japan and you're white, people will move away from you. It is not normal behaviour and it isn't limited only to hate against "invaders who take jobs".
Post made by jap, with false premises. Good job shilling this shit

my wife is chinese and I'm white. We could just get a comfy condo in the city and not interact with other people. We already do that here in the US.

>I hate everything that surrounds them (leads that are in positions they don't deserve

You're not going to make it

>If you sit in metro in Japan and you're white, people will move away from you.
Literally never ever experienced this. What the fuck are you talking about?

Love it

Why do you want to work 7am to 8pm if you are lucky? That's not even games industry. I imagine the hours are more insane than western developers.

Why would you want to?

Just fucking learn Japanese and import. Why would you actually want to live there?

>Want to start over in another country
>I can live alone
Sure thing bro.

I was just in japan and this never happened. They probably moved away from you cause you're a stinking neckbeard.

they think Japan is just going to let foreigners immigrate there and live off of welfare for the rest of their lives

>pathetic faggot like this guy
>7,814 views
>2013
Why don't you tell us more about him? :^)

It's pretty easy if you're actually a useful person and can speak the language. I've been living here for 6 years now and I can fluently speak to anyone I encounter. I also wear a hoodie/hat, glasses and occasionally a facemask to hide the fact that I'm a white man as it helps blend into their culture better and ensures you have no troubles in public.

>If you sit in metro in Japan and you're white, people will move away from you
I call bullshit. I've seen a few people move away from me, but 99% of people will be happy to have their seat. If people are moving away from you then you should probably check your BO or change your clothes.

Sounds like you can just rent a hotel room and do your tourist thing. Why bother with becoming nip citizen.

R-Reuben is that you?

Attached: reflection.png (1261x715, 931K)

>Concealing yourself in public
Jesus.

What? No they won't, they're not that advertently racist

>oh this isn't so bad
>gets to part in elevator with mirror
>nyancat shirt
>been holding a legit camera this whole time
>balding
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

also kinda funny that same old guy has probably been asking for directions too and ends up in the elevator with him

Attached: 1548286356543.jpg (568x512, 16K)

Why don't more Japanese immigrate to the West?

Fuck off Vaati, we know your wife cucked you and got most of your money, just fuck off back to where you belong.

>teach English in China, South Kore and Japan for 10 years
>come back to West
>teaching job is not possible unless I do a teaching degree to teach in college
>actual career jobs are locked out since teaching English abroad isn't taken seriously
Can't believe I fell for the teaching English abroad meme.

Attached: 1533129999526.png (442x509, 172K)

My friend was there last summer and it happened. I know one half-japanese girl who confirmed that it actually happens. Moreover, she is a good example too - though she doesn't look like 100% japanese, she speaks the language perfectly, so people are extremely surprised after hearing her accent and immediately change the way they treat her.

I think living in a hotel room in japan forever would get expensive. Better to just get a condo or house.

So from your experience, is it all bad like a lot of the other posts here are saying? That you'll never be accepted, and it really eats away at you and is a massive culture shock and that it fucking sucks there as a foreigner?

>free
>for journalist
KILL ME NOW

>No one saying they want to study in nip uni and have fun
>Just weebs wanting to live in Japan
What is wrong with you people? I have not seen a sane realistic poster here.

Vaati is a faggot.
Please explain this drama

You sound kinda like a pussy not gonna lie to you chief I've been in isolation here in Sendai for years and it's great not to have to talk to people.

The world doesn't revolve around games you mongoloid.
That user was speaking about software like Antivirus, Operational System, Photoshop/Corel and other programs. Those have licenses and Japan can be anal about them.

For some reason there are a lot of japs in my third world country.

Happy for you bro.

>In japan right now
>tfw japanese people are calling me “dirty” behind my back
Fuck you I could only fit a weeks worth of clothing in my bag. Fucking skinnyfat faggots say that to my face and see what happens. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>You sound kinda like a pussy
Probably. I just really enjoy talking to people and making friends, always have and always will. It's why I enjoy sites like this where it's interacting with other people as opposed to sites where you're just watching videos. Also prefer multiplayer online games to singleplayer for that same reason.
If you like being isolated and not involved in society, Japan is probably a good option. If you want to feel at "home" somewhere, it's one of the worst places you could go to live in the first world.

Literally 4th post bro

Not is not. And I assumed you were at least well off if you want to tourist long enough to call it "doing it everyday". Not even millionaires chinks can buy house or condo in Japan easily. We are talking millionaires. Especially in Tokyo. They don´t want foreigners to move in.

I can match that youtube.com/watch?v=VxboX2kypA4

>Thinking working for big corporation is any different between here and there
Enjoy being forced to work overtime until you kill yourself from overwork or quitting your job. It will probably be worse too since you're a gaijin.

she's cute I'd fuck her and she actually speaks japanese

>Not even millionaires chinks can buy house or condo in Japan easily. We are talking millionaires. Especially in Tokyo. They don´t want foreigners to move in.

What do they do to make it so difficult? It's not as simple as just having the money?

God bless their integrity.
Still, would kill to get my dick wet in some big tiddy moon spirt.

Vaati was married and had a child. His wife went and fucked someone behind his back for a very long time without him finding out. Basically broke down during a stream and let it affect his content. Shit can still be felt today. He was in some custody twist too. Poor cuck.

shut the up

Honestly? I haven't actually ever had any trouble at all since moving here, I'm just socially autistic enough to dress up on the very very slim chance I could have a problem. Usually what happens is kids or young adults will notice that you're not Japanese and come up to you to try and speak babbly broken English with you out of curiosity intrigue.

I genuinely love America and my hometown but I enjoy life in Japan as well, it's honestly pretty similar once you're over the initial aesthetic chances in your enviroment. I have native Japanese friends and my coworkers have never avoided me in any capacity, we usually even go out to lunch together in a group or to a bar after work. I'm just autistic on what ifs.

That was great. Damn she has no fear

I love these threads, its beyond obvious that 95% of posters here have never even visited japan and are just parroting crap they saw in someones blog or something.

Remember all asian women have horizontal vaginas and are kung fu masters! You heard it here first folks!

Attached: 1536572271816.jpg (540x345, 40K)

>be teacher in America
>students are pretty bad and I don't enjoy it much
>decide to see if teaching in Japan is better
>get hired and set off to my school
>something is off at the school and ask teachers some questions
>it is a fucking delinquent school for kids with criminal trouble
>actual police officers walk the hallways
>oh shit I got the single school in Japan like America
>start teaching the delinquents
>the juvenile delinquents in japan are actually BETTER than my american students
>get along great with the kids
>have fun classes and having a blast
>japanese teachers asking me for advice on how I managed to get the students to like me
>apparently while students are giving me high fives they are fighting and punching the less popular teachers
>enjoy teaching the little criminals so much I request a renewal to stay on after my first year
>spend a good three years teaching them
If you fucks ever get mugged in Tokyo by some thugs that speak surprisingly decent English there is a fair chance those are my former students. In which case I hope they take your weeb ass for all you've got.

Attached: 312232.jpg (600x703, 42K)

Lol are you fat? People are saying worse about you in your home country I bet

Japan have protection laws against foreigners purchasing land and companies, I think if you are investing there, the law is a little more flexible.

Are you onizuka?

>It's not as simple as just having the money?
I´m starting to think you are underage and lying about your wife. How can you be so damn clueless on how foreign property purchases work?

They got regulations to follow, is in their law. The law that prevent the shit that is happening in UK right now. Chinks buying all the good land and homes. Cause they want to be Harry Potter on their holiday.

Is your name Jacky? Based English teacher

holy based. Are you still in japan? Did you find a qt asian to settle down with?

No shit english teaching isn't taken seriously. You were a dancing monkey, a clown. You could hardly call yourself a teacher, could you?

wow japan must fucking suck. no wonder miyazaki is into dark shit and everyone is into loli shit over there.

good post

That franchise is criminally unknown, relative to other weeb titles, that is.

>I´m starting to think you are underage and lying about your wife. How can you be so damn clueless on how foreign property purchases work?

Don't be an asshole. The way you worded made it seem like buying a home in japan as a foreigner is different than places like the US or UK as a foreigner. If you become a japanese citizen it shouldn't be any different.

Yeah out of all the j-bloggers who were insufferable, Emily was the least and I think a lot of copycats spawned because of her.

>it is a fucking delinquent school for kids with criminal trouble
>"Yo, teach."

Attached: crows.jpg (1200x920, 143K)

Not my name
Still here.

Is there any upload of this breakdown stream?

It’s a small island nation, it’s already abnormally overcrowded. Commit seppuku.

It's customs like that that make me think a subhuman like me belongs there. I've operated that way in jobs for over 5 years now, even without any expectation of it.

The students didn't have their hair like that, at least not anymore. They usually had a short on the side and long on the top thing. Also one diamond ear piercing is popular.
But since Japan hasn't changed their uniforms in decades they do walk around like that guy in the middle with the shirt unbuttoned and hands in the pockets until a teacher comes along and tells them to straighten up.

Shit I want to hear more about this even if it's fake

Thats just depressing, man. Enough people have already pointed out how horrible the working conditions are there, and you still want to do it.

Not that user, but delinquent culture in Japan is pretty widespread mostly because they are extremely soft on underage offenders.
Kids get away with a lot so they act out. I don't want to say that those types of old delinquent anime/mangas also had something to do with it, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Not sure what much there is to say. I was their teacher not their buddy who hung out with them outside school.

>I'm white so maybe that helped a lot
I don't think you realise quite how racist the Japanese are. And I'm talking about genuine racism, not "I hate niggers". They believe wholeheartedly that Japan and the Japanese are inherently superior to everyone else. It's not based on any insecurities, so they pity foreigners instead of hating them like our racists. They approach us like we'd approach a disabled person. If you somehow manage to smoothly get a job in the Japanese video game industry, expect to be patronised and treated like a liability even if you did nothing wrong.

absolutely based

It always makes me feel better about my relatively average Japanese that Yea Forums is so fucking terrible at it.

Attached: tenor (1).gif (498x278, 1.96M)

Kinda. You can't really engage someone in a serious conversation if one person can't speak the language to a fluent level.

This too. People will end up thinking you're dumb for not speaking their language in their country, even if it's obvious you're still learning.

That said, if you're in a foreign country, you will learn the language a lot faster since you're surrounded by it constantly and have to constantly study up.

No, but I do have these really bad freckles on my upper lip that make me look really shitty if I can’t shave and I didn’t trust bringing a razor on the plane. The only sweatshirt I brought is 5 years old and actually pretty fucking dirty so they were kinda absolutely right. Fug.

You are honestly retarded if you think moving to japan just because of "muh sjws" is a good idea. You will get worked to death.

>TFW you're ハーフ
>Live in Japan
>Girls keep asking me about what my other half is
>Boys keep speaking English to me
>Didn't speak English at the time
Is it like this growing up as a foreigner in America?

Yeah I figured since the Crows or Rokudendashi look is like 30 years old or something or current delinquents look the furthest thing from. If I were to potentially get robbed by your former students while visiting Japan any idea where I can avoid or go just to tempt fate?

>Kinda. You can't really engage someone in a serious conversation if one person can't speak the language to a fluent level.
This. Half you niggers don't even know English.

Attached: 1525817230671.jpg (772x525, 126K)

You seriously sound like a kid trying to defend your shitty life decisions. Trust me when I say this, coming from a country who exports millions of workers to other countries and known to be one of the most adaptable people in the world, no other country will EVER make you feel at home. You will always, ALWAYS feel like a second rate citizen and not truly belong. It's just the truth.

>The way you worded made it seem like buying a home in japan as a foreigner is different than places like the US or UK as a foreigner
It is

You are right, I am a kid. I'm not even in my thirties

Pinoy?

Just use common sense when in Tokyo like any other big city.

I'm unironically learning Japanese because I want to translate hentai games

>become a japanese citizen
Why don't you give it a go and get back to us.

And that's a good thing

Where the fuck we're you, Okinawa? Everyone I've met living and traveling in Japan have been the bro-est of bros. Had beers and food bought for me at baseball games. Old Japanese ladies ask to take pictures of/with me at festivals in kimono, gone out drinking with everyone from Japanese theater actors to professors to Izakaya owners. Constantly given gifts and praised for even trying to learn the language.

Wasn't implying it was a good or bad thing.

I became pretty decent at graphic design from working on porn mods for TES and Fallout.
Shoot for the sky user. It is alright to improve yourself so you can enjoy your hobbies, and if that improvement also helps at other aspects of life like being able to speak an entire new language, all the more reason to do it.

there's a lot of westaboos on Yea Forums that hate japan nowadays and just spew what they heard from the internet to seem knowledgable.

No shame in that. Charge a good price though. Don't do for free if you're really good at it.

>known to be one of the most adaptable people in the world
Hue filho da puta ?

Attached: 1543619999704.png (492x317, 17K)

Attached: 1548262307367.gif (400x300, 600K)

Not him but Shinkjuku is apparently the dangerous part of Japan.

Couldn't understand what you wrote so nah?

India?

>do I have to pay 15 dorra?
Fuck this guy.

I'm kinda in the same boat as OP, 95% of Western games are shit so I want to work in the Japanese vidya industry. Only difference is I'm still a college student (Computer Science senior) with no work experience.

Should I try to get a few years experience in the Western games industry, attempt to learn the language, before transitioning like OP. Or should I just directly take the JET route for a few years, learn the language, and then try to land a Gamdev job overseas? I know some very basic Japanese (did a couple of months of Anki and basic grammar studying from DJT about 2 years ago, but got busy with life/college), so I could probably achieve fluency within 2/3 years if moved overseas and taught English.

Decide my life from me Yea Forums.

Attached: 1340590414687.jpg (320x287, 10K)

A friend of mine who's been to Japan for 3 days told me that Japan hates Americans but hate Mixed Race Japanese the most. Apparently if you're mixed you get kicked out of places. They find out based off appearance and last name.

How shallow do you have to be to think that maturity comes with age? I'm sorry, but I think a lot of privileged westerners think they got life figured out after 18, but you really don't.

I AM goddamn it, delinquent sensei got me in a bancho kick now

Attached: Edajima Heihachi.png (636x480, 898K)

Attached: 1526183849006.png (960x492, 54K)

I think I saw the Toco Toco episode on Yoko Taro there's a few western devs who work at Platinum so there's that maybe to think about(?)

Attached: 1533977893022.gif (400x300, 1.64M)

>OP wants to move from an industry known for shitting on their employees to one known for being eve WORSE to their employees
I think you have terminal Wagey's Disorder

>Japan hates Americans but hate Mixed Race Japanese the most
>hate Mixed Race Japanese the most
huh I heard the reverse. Though it's not exactly "hate" I heard mixed bro are treated like a novelty there. Everyone wants to know you because of that.

You have to look at it in context though. Japan has a stupid low crime rate. I once stayed in an area of Osaka was colloquially known as and even advertised some places as "The highest crime rate in Japan but still safer than your home country."

Cool post.

You're friend is lying dude. No offense.

Attached: japppppppppp.png (962x547, 822K)

Attached: Hamada disgusted.png (1280x800, 1.06M)

Don't waste your time in the west kid, trust me. Go where your heart tells you to go. Start as a software engineer in a small company over there and move up. Online programmers are the biggest meme at the moment.

Indians are not adaptable. They're solutions on a budget, not meant for anything but that.

>be slightly overweight
>visit Japan during a 1 month break from hard work in America
>Don’t speak a lick of Japanese just wanted to visit because of anime and video games
>Go into what I thought was an arcade
>end up in a nightclub
>Africans try speaking to me in English saying they have “girls”
>Say no thanks
>trying to leave but very crowded
>Yakuza looking dudes walk in
>Punches one of the Africans
>Bump into a Yakuza during the commotion
>guy literally turns around and in perfect English calls me a “fat shit stain”
>leave embarrassed
>notice I smell like shit since I forgot to put on deodorant
>go back to hotel to shower
>go out looking for cool arcades
>find one and go in
>everybody ignores me when I ask for help finding certain machines
>trip and fall after stubbing my foot on a stool
>everyone looks at me
>leave
>cut my trip short after 1 night in japan
>go back home and spend most of my vacation at home eating papa johns every day

They’re too xenophobic

Stop bullying your co-workers on the internet, user.

Your friend is wrong. My girlfriend is hafu and they fucking love her over there. We go all the time to travel or visit family and she makes friends with everyone. Old ladies especially love to talk to her and always want her to come back and visit and tell them about America. The internet's perception of Japan is stupidly outdated and I really have no idea where it comes from. I've met the most friendly and accepting people in all of Japan in Kyoto which is the mecca of traditional Japanese culture.

t. fat shit stain

Living there is a trap. Its fucking hell for foreigners. Noone is on your side when you live there. Just keep it to visits and vacations unless you like smiling two faced heartless backstabbers

That seems like such a stupid thing to lie about though. I'm mixed (Japanese and German) which is why he brought it up.

You should look for a job, or start a project with a friend, also network.
Or learn japanese and work with some old fuck in the mountains building traditional shit.

Attached: 1532515734036.png (137x167, 17K)

Taito Hey is literally next to the Akiba station..... user...

I’m not fat. I’m 230 5’11. A little overweight but not fat

You mean like over here in the west? Nobody in the work industry is yourbfriend

I've always had the wish to move to europe but I heard it's hard to make friends there as a burger and you'll never quite fit in. Though I suppose I never fit in here either.

Attached: alucard.jpg (650x1200, 135K)

This is the only acceptable way to treat you fat goblins

Your friend is 100% wrong. But it's also a fucking weird thing to be wrong about.

>If you fucks ever get mugged in Tokyo by some thugs that speak surprisingly decent English there is a fair chance those are my former students
>Yakuza looking dudes walk in
>Bump into a Yakuza during the commotion
>guy literally turns around and in perfect English calls me a “fat shit stain”
Wait a minute...

sure you are tenda

the real funny part is that this is probably a reality that has occurred at least once on some timeline

Attached: 1548011067527.jpg (400x400, 26K)

Never mind I just skimmed it, bully away.

Most Yakuza are quite cordial with tourists and help them out. You must've smelled like absolute shit lol.

bruh that's fat.

I'm fatter than you but anything over 200 at 5'11 is fat.

>Taking shit from a Yakuza

Not even the Japanese fear or respect Yakuza anymore, they're a shadow of their former selves. Just beat his ass.

wtf I thought Yakuza were all cool guys that took care of orphans and pretty blind ladies.

Avoid France and Italy, they sound like big fucking cunts.

I carry it well

Bro that is either a buff muscle ratio or the actual obesity ratio.

Don't listen to You should do it for free and be worshiped as a God!

230 at 5'11 is practically underweight for an American.

Not me.
I figured he was wrong. I wonder where he got that idea though.

fucking weeb

As someone trying to get back there because of friends and GF, you're not getting a job without having a really specific skillset or great work experience. There's zero incentive for them to hire a foreigner when they're the ones who would have to spend the extra time and money getting you a work visa when your entry level and they could just hire a native easily. Not to mention the only way you're getting a job and interview is if you're already in Japan because flying out a foreigner who they don't even know is gonna work out is too big of an investment. And the new changes to the work visa will only really affect blue collar work.

Yes, the Japanese are and that's why they're still Japanese you fucking mongoloid

Yeah western dramatics; he didnt invite ME.. ME!! to his party. Big deal. Good luck with HR in Japan, does Japan even have HR? Have fun with the police siding with the japanese criminal vs the foreigner victim

story or anything?

hearing about yakuza is always neat

I'd like to take care of that blind lady if you know what I mean

It's the good looks vs facism

>pretend to be fat on Yea Forums
>billions of replies guaranteed

Attached: Hullo.jpg (225x225, 7K)

It's being bilingual a huge positive companies look for?

>be me, a girl
>was looking to have some fun with some jap boys one night
>get a little drunk in some izakaya in Shinjuku
>for some reason pass out
>I wake up inside a limo
>some dudes in black vests were speaking Japanese
>I didn't understand anything
>find out they were yakuzas
>I ask to get dropped out of the limo
>They accept for some reason
>I'm in the middle of nowhere and have to walk all the way back to my hotel room
>No phone no nothing
Japan was fun, but that was a frightening experience

I had a French roommate last semester. Every weekend he gathered all the European exchange students in our dorm to drink a bit before they went partying, and it was kind of awkward to have to walk silently through them to my room. He was nice though, we were just too different to relate any.

/blog

>fat
>spent money and went on an international flight across the globe to japan because of anime and manga
>didn't plan a single part of the trip and didn't know a god damn thing about the language or locations
>forgets to use deodorant
Thank god I am 90% sure this is bait, because jesus christ, what a fucking retard.

>Realistically speaking, how hard is it to move to Japan?

You will know true pain. Enjoy neo-Jim Crow laws.

Some people come back from Japan really bitter for some reason. Especially normalfags. My cousin was there in the navy (i was too at one point and he said
>I hate japs, they're ugly, stink, and they all love niggers.

Whereas when I went there it was the complete opposite experience.

are you cute or were they just desperate for some english muffin?

Not anymore.
It is something companies look for, but it isn't a "plus", it is something that is required AND expected nowadays, especially when you are planning on moving to another country.
Also this: >you're not getting a job without having a really specific skillset or great work experience. There's zero incentive for them to hire a foreigner when they're the ones who would have to spend the extra time and money getting you a work visa when your entry level and they could just hire a native easily.

I'll try finding them but there are a couple stories of tourists getting lost or losing something and the Yakuza would help them find it. They also patrol the streets after natural disasters to discourage looting (though I doubt it'd happen anyway) and they give out little kits to people who need it.

fucking based
so many faggots talk about how having bad lives in japan with nobody liking them and this chad is living it up with fucking delinquents
just shows if you are a fat loser with no social skills japan won't be any different for you

I'm a bit "overweight" with nice curves I guess. They must not see that too often I dunno

>planning trips
>not being spontaneous so you can experience the culture in a unique way without it being like Disneyland
Didn’t work out for me but ive done that just fine in places like Prague/Rome

>Band needed for Jerry's barmitzvah! No pay but we'll share your Facebook page and give you great exposure!

It'll help but "haha I took two semesters of Genki at Uni" is JET bilingual whereas doing any kind of translation work whether written or spoken is going to require actual N1 fluency. But unless you're in a Japanese office of a foreign company or it explicitly says it's an English speaking company you're gonna have to be fluent no matter what.

What's your work history? I imagine being a bilingual Westerner with a computer science degree is enough for an entry level gamdev job over there. Worked for Matt Walker.

わかりません。 UwU

interesting

its cope

esp. by leftist types who can't appreciate a cohesive in-group with strong in-group preference

It is not about planning every move you make, you retard. You can be spontaneous and do whatever you like, but at least know where things that might interest you are.

Are pinoys considered adaptable?

my nigga

You probably had too much to drink in a blackout drunk state agreed to go with the guys to party. And when you sobered up and asked to leave they said sure. ie typical western girl agreeing to do shit drunk then changing her mind later

>leads that are in positions they don't deserve
Do realize you're contemplating moving to a society where age and seniority trumps skills and experience

>doesn’t enjoy getting lost and discovering places
I bet you wear fanny packs in Florida with a huge map spelling out every location to you

Yeah when I say bilingual I mean actual N1 fluency-tier.

Some white guy who didn't even go to Japan's "Ivy League Tier" colleges managed to get into Nintendo.

He was in that Breath of the Wild Nintendo Group Photo shot somewhere as well.

He was even featured in his Japanese college's commercial.

youtube.com/watch?v=ylj8DAeOkhM

Not saying you would be able to get a job in Nintendo by going to the same school but if you get lucky, you could get a job in Japan that is not English Teacher.

Attached: 1552473371086.png (943x720, 591K)

ha fat

Damn Matt is an inspiration
>sent my resume to Platinum
>managed to get an interview
>blew it completely because I told them I wanted to work on new IPs
>I also didn't say a single word in Japanese
I really fucked it up

Fact: His wife sent a DMCA to the Ken sama youtube video.

His wife says her husband's name is Brad not Ken sama and they are Canadian citizens.

Japanese Disney is the shit tho. But to your main point there's a happy medium. When I first went to Japan I didn't know a lick of Japanese and bought my ticket two weeks before departure. Even so I made myself a general map of "what is here" and then when I set out in the morning I'd pick an area of things that sounded interesting and just walk until nightfall. This way I knew things like Harajuku was right behind the Meiji Jingu shrine and not much of a walk from the big Shibuya Crossing without wasting my time and having to double back or miss things but I also got to just walk and experience little things and get "lost"

Case by case basis my dude
I've been living in Japan for years and my experience has been fine, I've made plenty of friends, and am in a stable relationship with a nice young lady.
You're right about the bosses being retards, every superior I've worked for has been a retard but thankfully I can skirt their retardation due to being IT and them seeing me as "the guy who fixes all the computers" and as a result they don't treat me like shit.
Also lets me just dick around on my personal computer all day when people don't need me to come tell them to turn their computer off and on again
"Ahh, sasuga gaijin-kun, foreigners really do know more about computers"
People have been very friendly with me overall here, but it does get tiring for people to go through the same song and dance "Ah, you speak fluent Japanese? Are you studying here? Have you tried natto yet?" etc. that literally everyone says to you. The dogen video was quite literally 100% spot on about this.

>but I heard it's hard to make friends there as a burger and you'll never quite fit in

Are you white? They literally will not be able to tell a difference. When I was visiting Germany and Switzerland people would start speaking to me in German first (or French since we were in western Switzerland near France) and I'd have to say in German/French "Sorry, I speak English". I had an old lady ask me for help with her bags in Switzerland, and she started speaking to me in German, then French, then Italian, then finally English when she realized I was confused.
It's about as hard to make friends in Europe as it is in the USA. Euros like to act like we're completely different, but despite minor cultural difference, as Americans we're still western and we fit in fine.

Jesus christ mate, exploring blindly is fine and making impulsive decisions about where to go, but at least know a bit about where you are going so you aren't completely fucking hopeless.

>spontaneous trip to rome
>jk, it's naples
>holy fuck it's like everything awful i've seen on Yea Forums times a billion
what did you do.

I'm applying for an internship in a Japanese university, the medium of study is English but I'm sure I need Japanese to be outside of school. How much would they hate me if I barely know some kana?

>>sent my resume to Platinum
>>managed to get an interview
gib advice to CS student, literally my dream job. What were your credentials and what did you have on your resume?

i dunno man, i'm pretty left and the first time i came back i had a slight appreciation for both their culture and the lax nature of my own.
i think you're reading too much into politics

I dunno. How much would you hate it if some spic came up to and started speaking Spanish without knowing a lick of English.

>white guy
lmao

Attached: applause.gif (360x203, 1.63M)

not at all as long as they fucked my wife

>Apparently teaching English is what everyone does first to get a place over there and then they move up

NOT TRUE.

You can get a job in Japan without being an English teacher.

Go forth

Attached: image.jpg (614x505, 40K)

>take bus 4 hours to hot spring
>no bathing suits allowed
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
STOP STARING AT MY PENIS

When I noticed the interview didn't go so well I asked them what got them interested in my profile and they said "It said you worked at Ubisoft Montreal". So yeah, that I guess

You're studying English in Japan or am I reading this wrong. Regardless, good luck, you generally need Japanese to get your foot in the door at unis unless you're just studying abroad through a home uni.

Absolutely as long as they don't expect to be properly interacted with or work to overcome their shortcoming. I work at a hotel and if they come at me with a google translate message I treat them as any other person and help them to the best of my ability. But if they come at me talking and most times yelling in some weird tongue and then get mad at me when I don't understand? I tune them out and ignore them until they go away.

That person could not know the local language for any number of reasons that are perfectly reasonable and acceptable. As long as they understand that they are at a disadvantage and work to overcome it there is no reason not to respect them as a person.

Use the head towel to cover yourself until you get in.

Attached: 201512301118219386.jpg (622x442, 72K)

Thats my favorite part. Every time I'm in Tokyo I make sure I go up to Gunma and chill in the onsen with some old naked dudes

No. They're actually surprised anyone besides them can speak it period. Obviously it depends on the person, but even expats that don't know anything arw treated like human beings. Yea Forums just has a very fearful view of the world. Now, not knowing much Japanese means you won't advance career wise, and yes, there is tatemae to honne. But they don't really talk down to people unless they're assholes.

As much shit as the elt programs get it IS the easiest way to get to Japan for living/working purposes. Considering you don't have to know any JPN

I'm genuinely happy you're having a positive experience as opposed to my negative.
I worked as an artist for a videogame company while I was there and that was a big reason why my experience was so negative. It put me off of drawing so much that it was late last year before I finally got back into posting stuff on my personal blogs.

>You can get a job in Japan without being an English teacher.

If you score a job with the NSA you can go wherever the fuck you want, even if it's help desk shit. Japan? Go right ahead if you can speak the language. It's considered a critical skill, so you'll get scooped if you have an it-related degree.

How'd you land a Ubisoft job, did you go to decent uni? Think they'd be interested in with someone with just /agdg/-tier indie dev experience?

Japan is one of the most in demand places to be an expat in. Only the best get to go there nowadays.

It is chemistry, the classes and research are in English, but it is in Japan

>tfw useless humanities degree because too dumb to STEM
>will never be allowed into Nihon now

It hurts bros

Attached: 1552717089473.png (691x691, 518K)

Internship with my uni. I did a good job, they hired me after I was done studying. Now a few years later they've fired me because I apparently didn't do enough. Pretty nice treatment desu

Yakuza don’t want your pasty 外国人 ass causing a diplomatic incident or a lot of police attention or rape claims. Better they watch you than leave you passes out in the bar. You probably could have gotten yourself some super rich gokuro kai dick if you wanted.

They call that “marshmallow girl”.

Most people in this thread are clueless about education in Japan.

For example, one of the most foreign friendly colleges in Japan is RIKEN university,

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riken

riken.jp/en/

RIKEN is mainly for STEM people, though.

Like really research your Japanese college.

For people in this thread who want good Japanese language programs in Japanese colleges, Ritsumeikan University and Doshisha University have better Japanese language programs compared to some more well known public colleges in Japan.

As private universities, they have way more money and it is easier for them to spend their money without too much bureaucratic hurdles.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ritsumeikan_University

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doshisha_University

Also, don't get stuck too much on college ranking so much in Japan.

It's the quality of the program not the school ranking.

School ranking only matters in Japan if you want to run for Prime Minister or marry into some huge Japanese Banking Family.

Attached: 1552466751410.png (1764x1109, 831K)

Tbh they might have just taken you so some other faggot won't do anything with you. I'm pretty sure they don't mess with foreigners because of diplomatic issues.

That really sucks user, but it's also understandable. You see, there's a reason why the nips completely ignore 99% of westerners imitating Japanese art or weeaboos in general while they go batshit for games with a distinctly foreign art style like Cuphead or Skull Girls. The reason is, they don't want to believe they figured it all out, that Japan is the only country that can make cool things and nothing else is worth exploring. They look at gothic architecture and foreign philosophy as the coolest things for this reason - it's something no Japanese would have thought of. That's why when you move there, to them it's like you're giving up this unique trait of yours, and giving it up in acquiescence that Japanese society must certainly be better. Put yourself in their shoes, isn't that idea disappointing?

Not to insult you at all, user, just hoping to give perspective. From my knowledge, there's an almost superstitious importance there placed on the idea of being true Japanese to the point that it borders on absurdity. When even regular people bust their asses trying to live up to that ideal, as foreigners we're just simply out of luck.

I am. My main fear comes from the American stereotypes giving a bad impression, but it can't be all that bad really.

I wouln't mind experiencing Japan, I already work 0630 - 1930. But I know I could never work in Japan since the medical profession is extremely dependent on effective communication.

It depends on the part of Europe desu
Some parts hate Americans and will loathe every second they have to share a room with you (France, Italy, Ireland, UK, any place that gets "muh heritage" types in droves really) but the rest won't really care.

I'm no expert regarding the Japanese gaming industry but have been working here for over a decade.

>I've been to Japan 3 times already and loved everything about it. Went to the countryside as well and everyone was very nice. Also I'm white so maybe that helped a lot

This is a matter of course but visiting and living here are totally different things. That being said if your loving it here included everyday stuff and not just tourist things that's a decent metric.

>Anyone know where I should start? Apparently teaching English is what everyone does first to get a place over there and then they move up.

This is bullshit from English teachers who claim that they're only teaching English for now and that one day they'll get a REAL JOB.

They don't.

Teaching English is a dead end for losers with no skills. Most of the English teachers in Eikaiwa are stoned kids who dropped out of college who want an excuse to stay here on what's little more than a vacation with no credentials of any kind.

You said you're already a programmer, which means you have marketable skills. Going into teaching would be a stain on your resume: People will wonder why you were doing that instead of getting a real job, and question if it's because there was something wrong with your skill set or personality or whatever. The amount of time you spend away from programming would also be a problem.

>Do I need a minimum Japanese proficiency level (N2 maybe)?

In general, N1 is still not enough to function in corporate life.

With gaming companies though I believe some may be more lenient, so it wouldn't hurt to try.

In your case I'd recommend a language program where you study the language intensively in Japan for a year or two. Some of these places also help you with the job application process once you're done. For example: english.takushoku-u.ac.jp/student-program/

Telling some white lardass that he needs to get his act together is their idea of helping.

Epic.
Any other advice you'd give to an aspiring weeaboo faggot who goes to a mid-tier university with no gamedev internship opportunities?

Attached: 1553822292492.gif (247x338, 2.34M)

Moving to Japan seems like Morrowind.
>What do you want Outlander?
>Speak quickly Outlander or go away,
>I could kill that Gaijin those boots are ruined

Honestly guys, I'm good looking, naturally sociable, and have a legit 7 inch penis. All I want in life is to go to japan for a bit and just tear apart some japanese girl with my Gaijin cock. Is it possible?

Make your own company/indie studio. Do not waste time in triple A. Keep your "virgin" views of all the processes and how games are made and trust me you will still love gaming for a long time

I’ve watched anime all my life, how would I in any way experience culture shock? I’m more in line with the thinking and culture of the Japanese than whatever the putrid rancid shit of the west is.

>Go right ahead if you can speak the language. It's considered a critical skill, so you'll get scooped if you have an it-related degree.
Speaking Japanese isn't a "critical skill", it's a bare minimum required.

You still need marketable skills in addition to that.

Understanding English may be a boon in some fields, depending, but in most cases being foreign, even if you understand the language, is seen as a demerit. Hell, even if you're Japanese, if you studied overseas for too long instead of in Japan some companies see that as a demerit (they might think you wouldn't fit in with corporate culture, etc.)

>UK
Really? Ireland makes total sense though.

>RIKEN
Not OP, but I was actually down in the Yokohama Riken campus about a month ago for work. It's a nice little campus there, but I'd imagine it would be a bit of a bitch to get to if you didn't live right there.

I'm a mixed bro here. I speak fluently though I've only spoken with my parents and a friend or two. Given that I lived in the U.S I probably have that American Japanese accent. Anyway would this help me work there at all?

I'll leave this here.

Attached: DreamsDoComeTrue.jpg (622x1466, 239K)

if you have money yes

mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/american-loses-eye-after-being-13659560

>>blew it completely because I told them I wanted to work on new IPs
Yeah you fucked up, there's a story of them holding a thing for Japanese interns where they had them choose between using Bayonetta and Raiden for their training and those who chose Raiden weren't called back

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-08-20/why-some-techies-are-shunning-silicon-valley-for-japanese-dream

>get an offer at lyft probably paying $300k+

>take a job at Line instead to live in kyoto

>pretty fuckin base desu

>Software engineer Carlos Perez Gutierrez was in the enviable position of being able to choose between job offers. Ride-hailing company Lyft Inc. wanted him for its hip San Francisco office. Booking.com offered to cover his moving expenses to Amsterdam, including the cost of getting his dog through quarantine.

>Instead, the 30-year-old ended up traveling much further from his native Mexico, to a country where few speak English let alone Spanish, to work for a business whose name most people back home wouldn’t recognize: a Japanese company called Line Corp. And Perez says he accepted less money to do it. The reason: a love affair with Japan’s comic books, anime and video games.

>“My parents tell me I was playing Nintendo games since before I could speak,” he said. “I’ve always wanted to visit Japan.”

A 30 year old Mexican from a no name Mexican college is earning more money than you in Japan.

There are more foreigner friendly companies in Japan, you know.

Not only that but Toyota America has a perk with Toyota Japan.

Toyota Engineers in America may get the opportunity to work for Toyota Japan and keep the same level of American wages in Japan.

Problem is that you have to be a Toyota Engineer first and give a shit about cars.

Attached: 1551034732400.jpg (1400x933, 153K)

Why are they looking? It's considered very rude to focus on your dick.

N1 is not by any means fluent and unless you have very essential skills not sufficient for corporate level work.

I have everything you have. It doesn't always happen

lol just go on vacation and go to a nightclub.

People make Nippon out to be a great place to live (and I think it's a relatively comfortable place compared to my shithole), but the work culture there, jesus h christ.
I'm a lawyer. I plan to take the Foreign Service Exam one day, so I can work as a consul in Japan. At least I would be shielded from Japan's oppresive work culture, and be part of the Filipino's chill work atmosphere.

I'm moving to Japan to help them with their birtrates, wish me luck!

not that user, but honestly that's pretty comforting. my 日本語 is pretty shitty and honestly the low crime rate makes it pretty attractive. maybe i'm being over idealistic, but being accepted by playing along with the foreigner thing doesn't seem that bad.

this is a bit more spooky

>you still need marketable skills in addition to that.
>Understanding English may be a boon in some fields
This.
If you're willing to learn a little about international trade laws and marketing, companies are always looking for foreign consultants. Some people shit on consultant work, but if you're sociable enough you'll never want for work. You win over a few staff members well out drinking and you'll be set for a while.

He's lying. They love Japanese mixes and love Germans over here so they'd love you double.

Japan is not a software friendly country, don't expect high pay or respect in any industry.

remember to post stories, lul

Attached: The Revolution Betrayed.png (824x436, 261K)

Good luck!

Attached: 1553963563095.png (700x615, 82K)

Raiden is better tho

>kanji
>over just word reading/meaning

Attached: 1451769263658.jpg (1601x750, 66K)

sorry bro, you are fat, obese even. You're not morbidly obese but still.

You should start losing weight and working out now because you will end up in the hospital at the age of 50 hypertensive with chronic kidney disease and congestive heart failure

>The area with the fucking metropolitan government building is the most dangerous part of Japan

Yeah no.

Whichever dumbass fed you that was probably talking about Kabukicho, which is a DISTRICT of Shinjuku, and where the yakuza have their offices, but it's only dangerous as in "Nigerian touts will try to get you to go their scam bars" and not Fukuoka level "hand grenades lying on the ground".

>I'm mixed (Japanese and German) which is why he brought it up.
is he a narcissist?

Now you've got me wondering. I'm a Jew, will people bring up my unusual benis if they see it? I have a hook nose and curly hair, so it's not like it would be a surprise.

Holy fuck I wish fucking Mexicans would stop invading other countries why won't they STAY IN FUCKING MEXICO

>lived in Japan for half a year on a study abroad program and have gone back for long stretches multiple times since
>find out I love the small town Japanese lifestyle
>my actual major gives me zero marketable skills to apply to working in Japan

ffs I'd be happy just working in a bar or restaurant at this point but you have to have a real career to work in Japan. Still wanna know where all these middle eastern dudes working at Lawson came from

See you back in a year! Be sure to share your experiences and disillusion too.

British people don't hate Americans. They just expect Americans to be self-aggrandised and rude so they're on the defensive when first meeting them. It works this way in the opposite situation too, where Americans expect British people to be snooty and quietly scorning them.

even so, shinsekai in osaka is the most dangerous part, and it's not even that bad

Also OP, you're white. I'm a Filipino, maybe one of the most discriminated people in the world. I've been to Japan amd experienced discrimination there (didnt realize it when it happened). You're white, and while race isnt such a factor, no doubt living there would let you experience something like that.

>teaching english in the sticks
doesn't sound too bad desu

read that as "wish me fuck!"
lol

You BMI is in the obese range. Consult pic for some helpful advice

Attached: 24342334.jpg (1268x1380, 239K)

What I like about Japan is that Japanese Resumes only have one format.

No special font. No creativity.

All work resumes in Japan look exactly the same with the same format.

Different user but what would that have to do with anything?
It depends on the field really. There are some jobs that are reasonable with hour. Culture though yeah. If boss invites y'all drinking you're drinking.

You'll unironically get laughed at

t. also jew

>working at Lawson
>real career
they can work there because even the dumbest Japanese person can work those jobs. They require very little Japanese. Lawsonfags are the dregs of Japanese society. Even English teachers are looked at more favorably. You could probably apply if you learn the language at even a rudimentary level.

Stop being such a filthy nigger tier subhuman.

Attached: asian nigger.jpg (1080x720, 162K)

>filipino
I'm so sorry user

>Be English teacher
>Japanese kids 100x more well behaved than American kids
Fucking hell that's a culture shock

The sticks in Japan means a two hour car drive to the nearest convenience store which closes at 6 PM, the only form of entertainment at all being a supermarket in the next town four hours away (supermarkets pass for entertainment in the sticks), and shit internet.

that one's mostly funny because he wanted to be a tankie but his wife wouldn't let him

this one on the other hand...

Attached: fthfht.jpg (1200x833, 239K)

Bongs are white niggers, no surprises there

You can always work for the government once you attain proper Japanese VISA

I wonder if Yea Forums has any Train Otakus who want to work for the Japanese Train Industry.

Also, its funny how some Americans can end up working as police officers or firefighters in other countries but nobody considers this possibility in Japan.

It's like, oh no, I am cursed to be an English teacher forever in Japan.

Get the proper visa and the proper skills and you could be almost anybody in Japan.

There are very happy foreign classical musicians making a decent living in Japan, being part of video game music or tv commerical music for example.

Hell, the best music teachers make a living from teaching asian students in asia because European parents don't feel like paying an arm and leg for music lessons anymore.

Shouldn't you rats be in an oven?

I'm at an intermediate probably N2 level right now. But my point wasn't about Lawson being a career or a good job at all but rather how these people even got the job at all considering Japan's work visa laws.

>Born a flip

How far from suicide are you currently

I saw a white guy working a Family Mart once. To this day I wonder what was going on there.

I'm gonna call my Uncle George and have you fired.

Leigh Carmichael is an Australian Bodybuilder who does Japanese commercials and motion capture for video games in Japan

youtube.com/watch?v=Hwlm_RNrGqA

youtube.com/watch?v=8ielxxaDzq8

His most known video game motion capture is Revolver Ocelot but he was also the male eaten alive by zombies while being trapped under a garage door in the recent Resident Evil game.

No skills except bodybuilding but he gets more money compared to staying in Australia.

This thread is full of delusional weebs. Why would you move to Japan where you will be treated like a second class citizen? Because their cartoons and video games are good? Yikes.

There's a reason immigrants want to come to America and not some island where they'll be worked to death.

Attached: 1547696494091.jpg (1663x2590, 687K)

so what's the problem exactly?

Kind of useless article when it doesn't touch on the motive for the attack at all. He was being teased for being American, allegedly, but there was probably additional argument beyond that we don't know anything about. In all likelihood it was just some drunk looking to pick a fight, not more special than if the victim were a Brit.
If it appeals to you, sure. At least with Japan, there are certain things about society won't really change, so if you find things to your liking, much of it is guaranteed to last in that state. Since you're a foreigner, you won't get that "life with one company and an extended family" perk as the natives do, but there certainly has to be a pleasant change of pace to life there even for foreigners which life where you are won't afford you.

I never found their work visa laws to be particularly strict. I got a job there real easy. Only thing that's somewhat annoying is having to renew it every year to two years or so.

I mean if you are a patethic cuck in your country you will be one in every other country

I'm
And one more thing to add:

One thing that can circumvent everything, including language barriers, is connections.

You said you're in the game industry so even if you don't have any direct connections you might know someone who knows someone who knows someone, which would be enough.

You'd need a bare minimum of skills, of course, but connections are far more important than any set of skills.

I know at least four foreigners who don't speak Japanese at all who got cushy jobs here, visa stuff handled entirely by their companies, simply because they knew someone, or knew someone who knew someone. Hell, I myself got my first job out of college because I knew someone.

If you're serious about this, ask people you know if they know anyone who could help you out.

Almost every Australian model does the majority of their work in east Asia.

What is your major?

We can give you ideas.

Have you ever thought of working for Costco Japan.

In the beginning, Costco allowed transfer of people from Costco America to Costco Japan.

Not anymore, but Costco Japan won't care about majors too much.

Costco Japan is an option besides Lawson's, 7-11.

There are a lot of industries in Japan you know/

Former Japanese Dominoes CEO was a White Guy who didn't know Japanese and just did Miku Commercials.

>follow a bunch of art and vidya e-celebs because I'm a faggot
>some of them decide to move to Japan
>everybody who follows through ends up isolated and depressed but drag it on because it was such a large investment of time and money
unless you are after real professional opportunities just stay in your countries nigs. especially if you are the introverted kind.

Let them be user, they will probably end up in that jake paul forest

You the deliquent teacher again?

Why are you posting

Like this

It makes it

Very hard

To read

>there certainly has to be a pleasant change of pace to life there even for foreigners which life where you are won't afford you.
the murder rate here is 57.8
pic slightly related

Attached: 260px-Otacon.jpg (260x147, 7K)

What industry? It's not that getting a Visa is hard so much as it's tailored to specific skillsets. Even the new Visa changes are more geared towards things like construction skills and such. I was PoliSci because it was the quickest thing I could graduate from JC with to get to a Uni and out of my shit home situation. My own fuck up obviously but regardless how left me with a marketable skillset for Japan other than that I know Japanese.

Life is unfair. I didn't choose to look like a less Jerry Seinfeld with a crooked nose.

Attached: 1528424079962.jpg (240x193, 16K)

he is

used to

posting on

that one other site where people suck moderator cock and we totally wrecked them in tribes that one time with the furry and high ping BRs

Don't worry I'm ugly as shit too

Only London and Birmingham.

Typing with one hand while eating dinner

The smell....

so, jerking off with one hand, eating with face in the bowl, and typing with the other?

based af

I'm thankful everyone remembered this

not exactly. in rome eating pussy is considered gayer than taking it in the ass, but abbos think that drinking an elder's cum gives you their powers.

>two hour commute to find a convenience store

I call bullshit, it probably only takes 4 hours to drive from the east coast to the west in Japan.

>be a girl
t. tranny ur not a girl u faggot

>Different user but what would that have to do with anything?
lying to play on your insecurities is a common narcissistic behavior

Being a filipino is great. The people are friendly and easygoing, the country feels like paradise, etc.
Sure there's the 3rd world part but if youre earning decently, it isnt so bad.

I just hate the discrimination around it. People are racist around Filipinos.

The only place I didnt experience that was in places like the US and Hawaii.

When I was in Italy, they thought my cousin was a gypsie. When I was in Japan, I was mistaken for a bum that was looking for free stuff. I mean, Jesus Christ, I literally looked like a tourist why would they say that.

Yea Forums is too full of millenials but Japan used to have a ton of Boomers during Japan's Bubble Era from 1960 to 1980/

Back then American press said Japan was going to buy up all of America.

Hollywood made anti Japanese movies with Japanese companies as the villains like the Aliens movies.

The Japanese Dream has existed for America and Europe and etc for a long time already.

this is why you don't make another person the focus of your life unless you want to be thrown around. people are not stable. do your own thing first.

Note that the countryside has winding one-way dirt roads

Attached: 547ce09117ec84d8f209809d466df6a9.jpg (750x996, 91K)

Good shit, my dude.

Attached: 1391577683573.gif (477x350, 1.22M)

fuck off, we're full.

But you can come and suck tanakasans dick and sit in the front for 12 hours a day so tanaka can get a power trip ordering a white devil around.

Also enjoy 12-15 hour days, no promotions, and half the salary of a western dev job.

All those Filipino memes about the most powerful race in the world.

Also, Filipinos taking over MMOs like Ragnarok Online and demanding currency pls.

That's terrible, man. Find somewhere else to live, forget about just Japan.

Jacksonville to New Orleans is like an 8 hour drive, bro.

>When I was in Japan, I was mistaken for a bum that was looking for free stuff.
Because you unironically look like that. Filthy asian nigger.

Not when US Soldiers are still willing to die for us, goy!

I wish I was born Japanese to be honest.

Everything I consume is Japanese and rarely Western shit.

Sometimes I want to be a Sengoku Warlord in the past and other times, I want to be Japanese Prime Minister.

Instead, I'm just a normal person posting on Yea Forums

Attached: uywlfg4qdco11.png (640x662, 278K)

That's nobody's fault except yours for being a filipino.

This. Japan is only good for vacation. Someone from my family made friends there while on vacation and he visits them every year or two for two weeks. But actually working and living there as a gajin? Must be a nightmare.

Don't bother with teaching everyone hates English teachers, second only to American Marines for hate.

>teaching English

Attached: kkb5auxgreo11.jpg (1920x1965, 401K)

I'll give it to you straight, it's because your entire race is like 99% criminals and your skin is really just ugly to look at.

I wish you weebs would all off yourself and stop coming here. It is nothing like your retarded cartoons. ITs a normal nation with long work hours.

The only good thing is the far right control and beauty of the nation.

You fags all stay in tokyo, and try to preach liberal bullshit.

Fuck I hate you all so much

>Back then American press said Japan was going to buy up all of America.
>Hollywood made anti Japanese movies with Japanese companies as the villains like the Aliens movies.
Yeah, big influence on cyberpunk as a genre as well, in CDPR's 2077 the streets are lined with kana. I remember at the end of American Psycho dubsguy told another guy off about japan buying everything or something like that.

I can tell from your aggressive inferiority complex and shouting about how hard a worker you are that you are from Poland.

Be proud of your heritage. You only feel Japan is cooler because you aren't Japanese. What race are you user? I'll tell you cool shit your ancestors did.

I would love to be Japanese Bookstore Employee.

Imagine being able to break Manga or Novel Embargo and Post Online Spoilers on Yea Forums or Yea Forums because you read the embargoed manga or book in the backroom when you are not suppose too, allowing you to post spoilers on Yea Forums for ego boosting.

>Tenno

wat?

>gunma
I have no idea why I laughed as hard as I did at that.

What if I'm a right-wing /pol/fag who thinks Abe is based?

Funny how this influenced Japanese cyberpunk too but instead of using Japan they use SEA and China (especially in Urobuchi stuff)

generic mutt

That is a based reason to learn the language. Godspeed user, godspeed

That shit won't fly there. You will be fired.

Then you should take pride and improve your own country, culture, and heritage.

Books are shipped on the day they're released.

My friend studying in Japan right now actually got offered a position at a Japanese book store that specializes in manga because his Japanese is fucking godlike but he turned it down because he doesnt like anime and manga. He also married a Japanese so he gets spousal citizenship. Who says a Japanese major can't get you anywhere.

Fucking great then user. You have multiple histories in your DNA. Look up shit from the 14th century in all of your races that you know of. Go even further too if you want. I guarantee you will find a lot of cool shit.

How viable is homeless life in Japan

No they arent. Filipinos are one of the best immigrants in the world. We dont do crimes, we are humble and disciplined, we assimilate into society.
In fact the problem is we dont foght back while foreigners screw over us, because we need money financially.

No I didnt. I looked exactly like a tourist. I just had a messy beard.
Asked about it on the Japanese threads on /int/ and they said it was because of the beard, and the older generation of Japs are still racist.

Everyone does that. And Ragnarok was a good MMO.

Base

Sorry weeb-kun but japan is already getting culturally enriched youtu.be/8QPamnNYGJI

Have any of you guys thought of working for your country's embassy in Japan?

>Flip denying reality

Holy shit nigga stay in your own country nobody wants to associate with you thieves and rapists

Lol, how fucking detached are you?

But white "women" are shit. I'm also already a mutt and can't have 5 beautiful white children.

With Trump locked in for 2020 my country is doing pretty well tbqhwyf

>i'm not appreciated at work
>let me go to Japan
>appreciated at work
>Japan
HAHAHAHAHAHA holy fuck

Yeah, Japanese people don't like beard.

Stereotype of beard is homeless people.

Clean shaven means more presentable.

All of that is blatantly untrue. You and your people leech from developed countries and contribute nothing but create poverty and filth wherever you go. People see you on the same level as huehue favela brazil monkies

they also kind of use themselves. note in Psycho-Pass and GiTS, Japan was kind of the last bastion of social order and prosperity in the world.

who wants to be busy all the fucking time?

>tfw white with mustache and the first day at Japanese uni girls were coming up to me left and right to tell me how kakkoii I was

Attached: images (1).jpg (297x170, 11K)

They actually keep to themselves and stay out of public view for the most part. In a work-focused family honour based society like Japan, you can imagine the homeless are probably quite ashamed of themselves.

When you’re talking to children and gaijin, you dumb things down a little.

In Japan, you are forced to drink with your boss.

In Japan, FIELD TRIPS STILL HAPPEN when you are an adult, company field trips that is, depending on size of company.

Really, also depends on company

馬鹿外人スレ

>Filipinos
i read a prj recently about filipina sexuality. they trashed white people for kicking their kids out at 18, saying something like "no wonder their kids leave them to die in an old folks home"
honestly pretty woke

You looked like a fucking ainu. Shave that shit in public.

Dude you should've said that from the start. Clean shaven in Japan always. Tattoos hidden always in Japan.

>you’ll be paid more and won’t hate everyone around you.
I think the only way to not hate everyone around you is to be incompetent. If you're not a useless shitheel then you are surrounded by them, and you hate them all.

I'm related to a duke in ancient germany, a civil war (south) soldier and a guy that got named one of the american cities in his honor. pretty lame honestly

Honestly, getting old sucks.

How did ancient people deal with old people with no medical care back then.

There's no point being related to a famous person unless they left behind a treasure map.

i wish you wouldn't post on Yea Forums
we type like this here. one press of the enter key.
the way you obsess over capitalization and spelling is annoying considering you left of the period in your last sentence.

they just died

Are you aware anime in japan is seen as degenerate, its like understanding usa through comics user

That's what I mean, you're not appreciated at all

Because they're totally going to scan my laptop when I set foot into their country. In reality they're just scared of getting complaints sent to their ISPs. Anything you pirated overseas they can't give less of a shit about unless you start sharing it from within the country.

tfw an extended family member stole all your ancestors treasures and land from him and your parents through legal means and you've been thinking of the best ways to assassinate him for it for years

Jap burglers don't usually target foreigners, the weebs are safe

If you're white you're more likely to get shaken down by the nigerians in kabukicho or roppongi

You kidding that's cool as shit. But i don't mean just familial history. Germany's history had shit like the Frankish Empire, King Otto.

Lame. One of my ancestors committed regicide.

I have tattoos on my whole body and never really had problems with even old Japanese people. Even had an old Japanese man selling antiques come over and ask to see and touch them all. It's not really a big deal for foreigners. Even onsens I've had no issues

>TFW you're related to Adam and Eve
What now bros

How do I get helpdesk monkey work for an embassy

On the off chance this isn't a troll, you shouldn't move to Japan because video games.
Asian culture is very different from western culture, they do not tolerate deviancy of any kind.
You'll be isolated as fuck just because you are foreign, you'll find it very difficult to make friends.
Odds are you will also make less money than in your home country and set yourself back from retirement.
So not live in Japan for such a shallow reason OP.

as the ancient Hawaiians say, cool story ottoman

Scottish actually.

Well, my beard looks nice in my opinion, other people said it was okay, but I didnt know Japanese didnt like it. I should have trimmed it.

You don't know what you're talking about. Now I know why /int/ laughs at and looks down on Yea Forums and /pol/.

Attached: 1554080797200.jpg (413x395, 19K)

don't compare Yea Forums to /pol/

Those guys are full of shit it's not the beard

It's because brown people in plainclothes keep harassing people for donations

You're supposed to fucking stand somewhere with a sign but your people keep coming up to us like they're going to ask for directions or something and instead beg for money for some fucking earthquake that may not have even happened, fuck off

We have extra emphasis on family values. Retirement Homes here are inexistent. We're the only country without divorce. And separated families here are minimal.

I went to /int/'s Japanese thread and they said it waz the beard. But you also have a point. I heard it's the same in Taiwan.

Most people who undertake higher education are taught to use double line spacing because it is more legible. :^)

my man, I`m half a foot taller and weigh just as much. You are a fat shit stain

now you know why the world laughs and looks down on the phillipines

Insecure flip lashes out, laughing hard my man

If it's a hobo beard and you're dressing like a hobo sure

If you were dressed like a tourist like you said it was because of the donations fuckers

Imagine crying about /pol/ because you're getting bullied

I was dressed pretty nicely, I even had a camera and a go pro out.

Not even lashing out. Your ignorance is just sad.
You can keep living in your delusions of you want.
I don't remember mass increase of crimes in filipino populated places like HK, Canada, California etc by flips, other than filipinos who were abused by captors and used as drug mules.

Isnt that epicnamebro you’re thinking of?

lmao real or not that's pretty cool

okay, macbeth

A lot of delinquent schools are trad tech high school in Japan.

Japanese Taxpayer only covers up to middle school education.

In Japan when you are 16, you are free to enter high school or a trade tech school instead.

This is an increasingly unpopular option but back then in Japan, high school degree was not required for job.

Japanese government wanted kids to enter the work force asap rather than stay in school.

A lot of closed down or former tech schools became delinquent highschools.

"Actually, WE'RE victims" -Flips

:^)

So if I ever become an English teacher in Japan and see "tech trade school" I should know that is code for delinquent school?

I don't think people care about filipinos specifically it's just that brown skin and taco genetics are widespread among you types and it appeals to nobody

There's also that unwarranted ego that most of them display at every fucking occasion