If I'm struggling against Seven Spears, am I fucked? Will I even be able to finish the game?

If I'm struggling against Seven Spears, am I fucked? Will I even be able to finish the game?

Attached: seven spears.jpg (1280x720, 156K)

Yes you will. Most of the big walls you hit in the game are internal walls, to do with your preconceptions about how to play. every boss I struggled with, as soon as I figured out a vital detail of their moveset I was able to whip them easily. you can too just keep practicing and experimenting. dont worry about dying or dragonrot just try things, learn from your mistakes and don't give up

Nope, you wasted your money.

my dick is red and itches

I'm having the same problem bro. I use mikiri counter but for some reason they don't land consistently. Sometimes my character performs the counter and other times he just dodges into the attack and gets wrecked.

Hes optional but it still pisses me off I keep dying in 1 -2 to hits by him
But heres some tips: hes weak to mikiri counter, 3 should break his posture in a row, he stuns big time to oil and fire good chip damage, hes very vulnerable to jump kicks and come down hitting r1 and jump again, dont give an inch, stay away from stairs

>1. Spam r1 until you see him about to attack, then spam l1
>2. mikiri counter is useful for his stabs
>3. You can get in a couple of swipes when he's about to do his slow overhead attack

Good luck. It took me 10 tries.

someone said here that you need to stay still or press forward for it to work

Mikiri then deflect his follow-up attack and he'll fall on his arse, allowing you 3-4 hits
Jump-kick does good posture damage
He's pretty weak to fire even without oil
You can stealth him the same way you get to Kuro in the prologue
Good luck

He's pretty fucking difficult for the time you encountered him. The game will gradually make you better so no, you're not fucked. I had a fuckton of trouble with this asshole. I haven't had that much trouble with a mini boss since.

many people including me think hes harder than a lot of the main bosses

use dust and crackers for a shit ton of free hits
and stealth kill his ass before the fight off course

just keep on playing, eventually you'll think he's a total pushover.

I think its mainly the range, hit box, and his speed
Hes pretty ruthless, one time i jumped down below the building to idol home and he jumped down while I was sitting and killed me before i could leave

Thats the timing , most of the times just spam forward b and the counter works, but if you are unlucky enough and press b just before the timeframe for the counter, you'll dodge and will get rekt.

Me too right now. What's fuck me up the most is that the kanji appears 2 secs before the actual attack
Fuck him.

>face this fucker with his buttbuddy near the end of the game
jesus christ that was a real test. I did it, and I'm proud of it. That's the most difficult fight so far.

you realize you're supposed to puppet his buddy before the fight?

I just cheesed it by sneaking and controlling the smaller guy first and 2 teamed him.

Alright I'll keep at it. These minibosses are kicking my ass, I've only complete one God damn prayer necklace...

Attached: george-costanza.jpg (650x400, 36K)

Are you guys serious? There's so many easy strategies against this fucker.
Take this:
>sneak up behind like you did at the start of the game and get one instant deathblow
>spam shadowrush

I die a lot as well, and it takes me hours to beat a boss or a mini-boss, but I kind of enjoy it, I like seeing that I'm getting better with every try, I also sometimes end up turning on my own music as I get tired of hearing the same thing over and over again.

Glad I'm not the only one, thanks user.

Attached: 1502881529648.jpg (700x520, 24K)

I did that, but it's still hard as nails fighting the two of them at the same time
Couldn't sneak on the other guy. They instantly spot me when I get close. Didn't really want to cheese either. Got good in the end, beat Genicihiro and Sword Saint in 2 tries after that ballbuster.

This spear nigger killed me more than any boss in the game

>seven spears
>there are only three

Nah seven spears is the toughest mini boss by far at that point. He dosnt fuck around. When you use the mikiri counter he will sometimes wind up another attack rightafter. Deflect that for big posture damage and an opening for more hits.

Hes pretty fucking rough though, dont sweat it.

I think you can practise this counter in the beginning area with that undying npc after you unlock it.

Mikiri counter is quite generous in its window. I did notice that it dosnt work if you are too close to him. At least thats how it seemed to me.

I just cheesed him by going full mad agro with divine confetti and that damage sugar.
Couldn't take it anymore after an untold number of failures, so I just wrecked his face like a madman and called it a day.

He was beating my ass left and right and I was starting to lose confidence. But then seemingly out of nowhere i just completely styled on him, deflecting, attacking, countering like the fucking matrix. Shit was beautiful, wish I recorded it.