The Friends of Ringo Ishikawa

It comes out on Switch in a few days, has anyone played the PC version and can say whether its good or not? It looks extremely comfy

Attached: friends-of-ringo-1.jpg (1280x720, 214K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=93w2dBXJiqs
youtube.com/watch?v=XZ4wPbQ0txg
store.steampowered.com/app/795760/UPPERS/
steamcommunity.com/id/PresidentSkele/recommended/846110
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This looks like a River City Ransom (Kunio-Kun) clone

Attached: 15823627318.gif (496x280, 2.69M)

Attached: 1582319485.gif (496x280, 542K)

.....is this supposed to be a bad thing?

It's very Kunio-Kun in it's base gameplay, but the rest of it is some kind of weird mishmash of timed daily life sim elements. I haven't played much of it, but it's interesting. Though the game won't explain jackshit to you about what to do and how to do it for the most part and you just gotta figure it out yourself.

I've never played River City Ransom, but this game is apparently open world with sim elements.

Attached: 1572163746.gif (496x280, 61K)

>that gif
I was really surprised that I can either take notes during lessons by holding a button or do nothing. There's plenty of stuff like that in this game.

sounds based

Does that affect grades? I saw a report card in the trailer.

It's Kunio-kun with slice of life elements.

It's a Shenmue / Nekketsu Kunio-Kun / Life-Sim mishmash.
Has a pretty decent story about a schmuck that lets his useless friends control his life, and a neat (and somewhat depressing) ending sequence.

>I haven't played much of it, but it's interesting.
Pretty much it sums my whole experience with this game. I played it for 1 hour, learned the town layout, beat up some guys, ran out of smokes, dated a girl, met with friends, read a book in library, learned there's a strict schedule for classes and for gym and for everything. That was the moment when I decided I have no idea how to play this properly and I never touched it again.

I think it does. Yeah, there's a report card and grades and you can actually study for exams and shit.

>I have no idea how to play this properly
There is no "proper" way to play this game, you can legitimately sleep the entire game away and still get the exact same result.
It's extremely open ended. Just play it however you want.

Are there not multiple endings?

I played through it a bunch of times right after it came out on Steam. There are multiple events that you can only see if you do certain things, but the ending is exactly the same.

The ending is All of Ringo's friends ditch him, and he goes to fight a rival gang entirely by himself while the credits roll if you're curious.

what's wrong with his lumpy butt

It's the back of his gakuran jacket, never seen gakuran before?

Attached: 80s delinquents.jpg (1200x900, 191K)

This game hit maximum comfy for me because of all the little contextual actions you could do. They didn't stop at just having a cigarette button or being able to sit down - you can delinquent squat, look over balconies, read books at benches, smoke cigarettes while sitting.
Shit like that is what makes immersion for me. The constant joke, for instance, of an NPC having a slower walking speed than you is relatable, but it genuinely makes the encounter less immersive. In Twilight Princess, Link would sheathe his sword dramatically if you did it right after killing an enemy, and in that other samurai game besides sekiro coming out soon there's going to be a button for cleaning your blade.

It was cool and threw me off at first, when the game starts and you meet up with the other guy and do the intro bit of the story then just go sit down at a cafe and can just eat or chat or smoke. No real actual dialogue when you're just sitting there and idle chatting but it gave the game this weird immersion that left me wondering if I was waiting for something else to happen or what.

Nice, never heard of this despite being huge into yanki anime/manga. Definitely gonna try it out.

Attached: 1450712611521.png (1542x1200, 414K)

... What's with that depressing ending?

Attached: 15572839421.gif (496x280, 522K)

The game was made by a depressed slav blogging about his gopnik youth

Ooh shit, I forgot all about that game. If its coming to Switch, that's neat; I'll pirate it on there instead of on PC.

Attached: 158292103854.gif (496x280, 1.41M)

this is top tier cozy

Was thinking about getting this but that ending changed my mind

whats some more media with this feel?

Attached: 1550790466748.gif (489x256, 3.11M)

>JoJo Part 4

That explains the squatting

What the fuck are they doing?

Hanging out.

being based

Attached: 1550009994816.gif (493x255, 3.13M)

What feel are you talking about tard sale?

Read Kiku. It's like 7 chapters.

Attached: Kiku.jpg (931x1500, 395K)

Is that supposed to be a grip strength challenge or what?

they clap as many times as they can without falling off the rooftop

there was also squatting in Shin Nekketsu Kouha - Kunio-tachi no Banka the SFC exclusive one.

Attached: 1545694290096.png (1440x1080, 784K)

Oh shit I've never really been into these kinds of jap highschool delinquent themes (or whatever you call then, closest thing for me so far was Yu Yu Hakusho) but I wanna play and help the red nigga out

If either whites or red are very dumb and/or justified your plan might work. More likely all of them are just bored and would all focus on beating you up before returning to beating each other up.

I wish Yu Yu Hakusho had more delinquent adventures.

Attached: 145781234945.jpg (800x1283, 280K)

Mate, Japanese delinquents do the slav squat too, it's not a slav exclusive.

Attached: JoJo QUALITY.png (400x217, 98K)

>No one posted the trailer yet
youtube.com/watch?v=93w2dBXJiqs

the FRIENDS of RINGO ISHIKAWA

youtube.com/watch?v=XZ4wPbQ0txg

>I've never played River City Ransom
Why not?

I just haven't. I remember seeing River City Ransom Underground a while back, was that any good?

Seeing this makes me wish for a new Kenka Bancho.

Attached: 1309009442638.png (480x1360, 542K)

Game is super comfy and I enjoyed it but the ending really pissed me off. It's utter dogshit. There is no resolution to anything. Nothing you did the entire game matters. It just ends and you're left thinking wtf and/or whether the game has maybe multiple endings or something. Nope, it's just over.

Weren't the newest kenka bancho games dating sims?

Yeah, the Kenka Bancho Otome one. 6 was the last real game.

It was okay.

Attached: Smash_spank_it_once.jpg (528x929, 36K)

Attached: 1464478170326.jpg (986x553, 225K)

>only 3 is translated
>1/2/4/5/6 will never be translated
>7 is a fucking fujoshit faggot otome trash
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST WHY

What are some other Japanese delinquent games?

Attached: Rokudenashi Blues.jpg (600x954, 106K)

I want a deliquent gf!

There should be a Yakuza set in high school. They already have references to Kiryu in high school being a delinquent.

Heh... you couldn’t cut it kid

Attached: 8CE5E0BC-ED3D-4CFE-82E7-D4486501A220.jpg (800x582, 52K)

What's with Japan's obsession with high school delinquents? They shit talk about America's love of violence then glorify teen gang members who beat the shit out other students daily.

A damn shame it's fujo trash now

Attached: kenka bancho badass rumble.png (865x805, 607K)

Just started the game, and it already seems like a game made specifically for me. Yanki story with Boxing and Yakuza shit in there?
How long does the game take to beat? I'm not sure if I want to go through all of this today.

Dude a rpg delinquent game? Sign me right the fuck up man! I thought Kenkka Banchou Badass Rumble was the only way to enjoy my favorite setting!

>The Friends of Ringo Ishikawa
>15 buckaroos

I know playing side scrollers tend to be short and quick so I don't know how much hours of playtime you need to beat the entire game and also don't know if it's worth 15 dollars

There's also UPPERS and it's fully available in English on Steam and PS4, it's a Kenka Banchou clone made by Marvelous.
There's also a complete fantranslation for the Vita version of UPPERS that came out a year before the official translation for PS4 and Steam ones.

It has massive replayability due to a fuckton of missable content due to time scheduling.

The problem is I have no idea how to use the translation thing you gotta downlaod for it. It fucked my whole system last time. I was so pisses I wanted to play it so bad.

What? rePatch is fucking baby tier easy.
You just add rePatch to your plugins same as you would with LOLIcon or any other plugin, and then make a "rePatch" folder on root of your SD card and put the folder named after the game's Title ID and with the translation files inside into that rePatch folder and simply download the JP version of the game as normal and play it.

>There's also UPPERS and it's fully available in English on Steam and PS4
The fuck? Since when?

store.steampowered.com/app/795760/UPPERS/
Was supposed to come out in December but got delayed to May this year.
The only difference is that PC/PS4 version is 1080p 60 FPS.

Vita is 544p 30 FPS, there's no new content in PC version and I bet translation will be worse than the fantranslation.

steamcommunity.com/id/PresidentSkele/recommended/846110

35 people thought my review was helpful, and I'd say the game is not worth it

There's also the problem that I expect the delay is cause they are censoring it to comply with SNOY's new policy.
The game has a lot of suggestive stuff in the Vita original and harsh language due to obvious delinquent theme.

The other Marvelous game that got announced for localization at the same time as UPPERS, namely Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal, also was hit with a delay that later turned out to be in order to censor the game to comply with SNOY.

So expect the UPPERS PC/PS4 delay to be because of SNOY censoring it.

>attentionwhoring
>i dont like thing
>B O R I N G in all caps
Yeah fuck off.

Where is boring written in all caps?

In yer bloody review guv

>>i dont like thing

And I explain why in the review - or can you not read?

Screenshot it because I don't see it.

>that spoiler
That's awful. I was hoping for a story about bros but that doesn't sound like a good ending at all.

The ending is actually great if you know anything about gang films or media - the graphics are hyper stylized like RCR but it has a realistic feeling story, so don't be fooled if you expected different.

What actually sucks about the game is the gameplay.

This. Yu Yu let me down in a lot of ways, despite being so fun.

Attached: 1531983208798.jpg (320x320, 17K)

Nothing compares.

Attached: image.jpg (640x912, 271K)

This and I wish it had just stuck with spirit detective cases instead of going into the tournament. I love the pre-tournament stuff.

He didn't seem to imply that at all.

Attached: 1528769293416.jpg (800x1000, 325K)

I'm probably still going to get it but I'll keep your review in mind.

Thanks yo

I bought this game about a year ago and refunded it. Perhaps it's my fault for expecting more of a beat em up game with some life Sim elements on the side and not the inverse. Presentation was top notch but I couldn't get into the gameplay loop. There is an audience for this game but don't buy it without looking more into what the gameplay is actually like.

I can't find much info on it. Can you learn new attacks and shit?

I don't blame you for refunding it, and the gameplay loop of running around town endlessly never improves.

I forgot to mention it in the review, but you can - but if you miss the deadline in getting the new moves, you'll never get them

Not that the new moves add anything because the combat is very stiff