What would you like to see in the next mainline FINAL FANTASY game?

What would you like to see in the next mainline FINAL FANTASY game?

Attached: FFXVI.png (1245x921, 1.4M)

A good game

Nothing. The last one I even bothered finishing was 10 and it was mediocre at best. The last one I actually enjoyed was 9. It might be time to let it die.

far better action based battle like just do what Dragons Nest did

"large scale HD title"
As opposed to all those other non HD games they've been making?

A finished game

FFXV with all the DLC & Royal Edition extra's is pretty good (Still missing a hard mode & other things though)
But the launch version was pretty much a early access title, Square shouldn't ever pull that shit again if they want the FF brand to survive

Go back to basics with turn based combat, random encounters, and an interesting and unique cast of characters.

Can we please have the ATB system back? Please no more action combat. I want the next Final Fantasy game to play like a fucking Final Fantasy game.

12 was the last good one that understood the games are RPGs and not corridor-simulators

Oh man can't wait to see what bullshit Yoshi pulls out of his ass to justify the watered down, corner-cut piece of shit he's about to deliver

Attached: 1553205810379.jpg (811x506, 230K)

I'd be happy with a simple turn based RPG in a low fantasy setting such as FFTactics.

This. I'm ok with "different", but jesus fuck am I tired of mediocre-at-best Final Fantasy games.

Please look at the design philosophy of 5-9 and copy that. I don't care if the gameplay is different or whatever, just please plan a game that has more shit to do than a linear ass story while also not being a shit open world meme.

Sword art online basically. Kill me please yoshi-p

>turn based
>fun, colorful, interesting world, not boring/gritty realistic shit
>low amount of melodrama
>music that's not a generic movie score (i love shimomura but xv's ost puts me to sleep)
>turn based
>turn based
basically what i'm asking for is the opposite of what they did to appeal to "fans and first timers"

Attached: 1529224464161.jpg (250x204, 9K)

Is it the SIEJ collaboration game? Sony's answer to Final Fantasy if leaks are to be believed.

FF isn't going exclusive, that's a pipe dream, if that leak is real it will be some spin off

For the complete story to be in the game not in a bunch of DLC and multimedia projects.

>non linearity but not boring open world checklist bullshit
>return to the job system, lots of emphasis on customization
>aesthetic mix of DnD and Star Wars
It doesn't need to be turn based, something like Xenoblades system could work I think, just not KH style action RPG combat.

Sacrifice muh open world and muh 60 hours of cinematics for a complete game with a fully fleshed out vision

Let me feel some finality after finishing your final fantasy

He said that he wanted to make high fantasy game, so I'm optimistic.

FFXV cut out heaps of cutscenes & cinematics to focus on open world gameplay, kinda didn't work out

No, it's not Final Fantasy, but comparable to it. Take it with a huge grain of salt, but I've heard something along the lines of a space Opera JRPG that aiming to look like FF The Spirits Within.

>April 1
kys

So is he off XIV then? I don't know that he can handle two games at once.

lots of Yea Forums memes

Attached: 1d4.jpg (512x341, 141K)

He's not the producer as of Shadowbringers.

NEED MORE LIGHTNING

PersonallyI hope it's a fully fleshed our arpg that revolutionizes things. ATB is boring, and turn based is tedious. The arpg style they've used is a weird in between of old style and new and it doesn't work. Just make it like xenoblade where your character auto attacks but you have spells summons and special skills you upgrade to unlock, but without the gay confusing shit xeno 2 shoved in.
>nasim not in this edit, neither the nintendo switch plane trailer guy
Close but no cigar

I don't think he's sleeping anyways judging from how tired he looks everytime he shows up somewhere. He's probably going to step down from at least 1 of his job in ffxiv.

I'm currently playing ffxv its not bad for casual fun but a lot of the times I get the feeling like "they could've done this so much better"

Attached: 1512110885012.png (631x757, 427K)

Why do game companies seem to feel the need to announce that a game will be HD?
Why is it so important to announce that your game will feature a 16:9 aspect ratio when that is the standard?

those were tiny scale hd games

Welcome to almost very ff game for the last 20 fucking years

Don't even care at this point. Not until I see another serious game with dedication that is completely finished will I ever give a rats ass about the FF mainline name again.

I want them to queitly cancel the series, they have a large library of IPs that still have fans and brand recognition they've neglected. reboot one of those instead.

Japan's fiscal year starts April 1st

They could literally just reskin FFXIV ARR as a single player game and call it XVI and it'd be considered the greatest FF of all time.

>See FF14 documentary

Is this PC weestaboo the only decent developer at this shitty fucking company? Give this man a fucking raise and all the manpower possible.

like what lol

Attached: 1432537485704.jpg (608x960, 65K)

The thing is, he's an actual Producer not an artist that got a Producer position because of seniority.

Turn based combat

Turn based combat. FFXV and KH3 prove they can't do action. At least Dragon Quest 11 and Octopath Traveller show they can still handle turn based.

>10 years of development because staff is more busy wanking CGI movies and trailers than doing proper game.

Oh boy I can't wait.

less trannies

>one FF game a generation
>odds are that it will be shit
they need to fuck off with "large-scale HD" faggotry. this is not what we need.

Attached: 1547570825986.png (539x540, 451K)

>from 3 games a gen to 1
Pretty pathetic.

this
They should really down-size the production, and concentrate more on story and gameplay than fancy visuals. Bravely default blew FFXV out of the water.

Delete them.
Final fantasy fans are the worst because they will eat up anything final fantasy related.

Its not even that. When you scale down development so that you can make like two or three games a gen odds are higher that one of them will actually be good.

more trannies

FPBP

>This. I'm ok with "different", but jesus fuck am I tired of mediocre-at-best Final Fantasy games.
this. It's sad when the most recent FF game that was even decent was WoFF

>Monolith soft get acquired by Nintendo because nameco wanted them off their ass.
>Make Xenoblade despite their huge ass reputation of fucking up with projects.
>Game development went fine and still is impresisve because fucking Wii.
>Have zero experience with HD.
>Do one of largest open world in vidya
>Have the entire staff blackhole'ed for Zelda.
>Still manages to finish XB2 dev cycle albeit rushed and outsourced.
>Meanwhile Retards at squeenix throw gorillions into FF and still can't do a half decent game for shit.

They can have 10000 of code monkeys and actual staff members, long as producers are too busy wanking their ego they aren't going do shit. But what is more baffling is high ups allowing this kind of garbage.

Attached: 1533701961874.jpg (254x294, 28K)

I just want a game that has a similar tone and style to FFXIV but isn't an MMO. Don't care if it's turn-based or action combat as long as it's half-way decently designed

Haven't played any FF except 1 and 15, which ones should I check out? Is FFVII being teh best evar a meme or not?

Attached: FFX_Lulu_Art.png (563x1000, 753K)

Final Fantasy was never good. Kill the franchise.

Square Enix is making a videogame.
Holy fucking shit, no way?! Didnt see that one coming!

I give 0 fucks about squate since 15. They are dead and they will never come back

Fuck mainline give me another Tactics game

Attached: E11471FC49C94A0589F4C21CA298A47F.jpg (400x300, 45K)

That image is brillant

This, last good one was 12 Zodiac

>announce ff7remake
>forget its in development
>start working on 16
>"oh shit we gotta actually make ff7r"
>end up delaying both
squeenix are the dumbest fucks in the gaming industry

VII is the PS1 Gen's baby's first RPG, so there's a lot of sentimental pushing of it.

Try III-X in whatever order you want, all easily emulatable; XII if you wanna give it a shot, XIII-2 & LR are better than XIII, XIV if you wanna try a beginner's MMO. A lot of side stuff is great too, all have different styles.

The cute older lady at the Euro fanfest from a couple months ago. They had to shush her when she started throwing shade at XIV's bad textures.

a COMPLETE good game, also they need to stop trying to turn FF games into mini franchises with shit like X - 3, Advent children and all that side bullshit that amounted to nothing for XV

Because the executives and bean counters want big mega shekel projects with multimedia tie ins that sell a gorillion copies, not """"only"""" few million.

14 combat with npc desu

A love dodecahedron where no one wins.

More fantasy less tech

OL Designer is cute! CUTE!

Attached: 1549193025726.jpg (557x495, 45K)

>Try to reinvent the wheel every single fucking FF.
>They only sell well due brand.
>Shove some dev to do a "not FF"
>What the fuck, people do buy this? K better give even less money to dev for sequel.

Every single fucking time. They learned nothing.

Attached: 1533348733072.png (368x368, 119K)

That's what Yoshida wants.

The best FF game in the last 10 years was Octopath Traveler and it’s not even an FF game

>Naoki
Great. Another mmo

They've already said they're not going to juggle 3 MMOs

Lucky me

Of course. They'll kill FFXI first (^:

You start the game doing 9999 damage

-Direct control over all my characters
-An actual cast of characters that you gradually meet over the journey rather than being restricted to the handful you start the game with
-Character development and world development that isn't restricted to reading logs in the menu
-A battle system where I can actually tell my characters what to do instead of just holding a button and the game autobattling for me
-Equipment actually mattering
-Equipment other than a weapon and an accessory
-Actual stats beyond attack and magic
-Shit to do outside of the main storyline, like sidequests and minigames
-Some good optional bosses that take genuine time and effort to kill

Other than that I'm fine with whatever they do.

Very cute. I recall she holds her water with both hands.

Complain about the bad textures, but that's what let's the game stay on a PS4 and allow toasters to still run it. SE is not known for being competent in optimizing space restrictions.