Dlc is either going to have doomguy or master chief. which one is it gonna be /v?

dlc is either going to have doomguy or master chief. which one is it gonna be /v?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 236K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/ID_AA_Carmack/status/1072839030344179715
sourcegaming.info/2016/01/21/sakuraixnomuraparttwo/
nintendolife.com/news/2018/09/bethesda_has_spoken_to_nintendo_about_smash_bros_future_nintendo_exclusives_are_possible
twitter.com/Halo/status/1113166542881951744
twitter.com/franklez/status/1076911083909132289
youtube.com/watch?v=1eBl-OIF2TE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

id prefer master chief but im fine with both desu

what are you even on about

Chief, as much as I love Doom the games are just side filler compared to the big meaty girth of Halo, why not both with Echo Fighter shit

Captain King has a larger array of melee weapons and is more Nintendo-friendly

>Mario - platformer guy
>Pacman - arcade guy
>Ryu - FG guy
>Cloud - JRPG guy
>Snake - Stealth guy
From the game that popularized and shaped up FPS and did much more
>Connections to Wolfenstein and Quake, such as Q3/C and relation with BJ and Keen
>Gameplay abilities and story abilities mix up at times, for the sake of power level
>Self insert for the player, in first person games
>Series still alive with a new game coming soon, mods, ports and whatever legacy autism anyone can bring up
>Current state of the series is just cherrypicking elements from different types and periods of games in the genre, making it a celebration of FPS
>Space marine, a noticeable cliche in the genre
>Literally spends most of his time shooting and running in the plot
Doomguy is the first person shooter genre in the same way Ryu represents fighting games
>Has own face in the fucking HUD
>FPS were "Doom clones" once
In the same way Ryu represents fighting games, Doom man himself might as well be the living embodiment of this genre.
Even with Master Chief, you got the Marathon officer before him.
Not even BJ fits this criteria.
>significant to the popularization of FPS
>has like 4/5 games on nintendo consoles, including the real doom 3
>a very fitting choice for a PC rep
>bethesda has a great relationship with nintendo (skyrim in the initial reveal of the switch)
>john carmack is the only international developer sakurai mentioned, so hes heard of doom
>even carmack wants him
>pete hines said that they talked with nintendo regarding smash bros
>character who canonically likes cute animals and dolls
>has iconic material to represent such as soundtrack and enemies
>has at least a few japanese fans who made their own fanart and megawad and at worse, rest of japan would just have to catch up on history
>possibly the genre's strongest character
He may never get in but damn if he just doesn't make too much sense.

you'd have to be literally autistic to choose doomguy. literal who with no personality

Chief sure as fuck doesn't have this

Attached: hwp.png (130x121, 42K)

twitter.com/ID_AA_Carmack/status/1072839030344179715

this. the people who want doomguy are the same tards who unironically think steve would be a good pick

Doom is the father of FPS, so the choice is clear.

I have been more hyped for Halo in recent weeks than I have since the release of Halo 3. I love Doom, but I was so invested in the Halo lore in my teen years and there are a lot of emotions tied to the Chief. I was one of the never ever fags but ever since Joker became a thing, I will remain hopeful. No homo but it it happens I might cry tears of joy.

halo

DLC for what?

Doom has been irrelevant for ages, halo is back in the spotlight AND nintendo and microsoft have been all buddy buddy lately

Doom has only been irrelevant in the 7th gen, which then became relevant again thanks to a meme mode by a Hue.
Halo was based off Marathon which was inspired by Doom while most COD games started off with engines that take back to id tech.

super smash brothers ultimate for the nintendo switch ™

Halo and 99% of FPS games would either be radically different or not exist without Doom and Wolfenstein.
Doom is also back in the spotlight (Eternal is probably coming this year & 2016 was a huge success for what it was), with way more previous Nintendo affiliation (multiple ports + one exclusive), being much more retro, and Bethesda has been buddy with Nintendo too and have confirmed that they talked about Smash.

>/v
Phone posters can fuck off.

don't forget sigil and what might as well be one of the most flexible modding scenes of all time

>have confirmed that they talked about smash
source?

>Internationally, you have John Carmack, the father of FPS’s, as well.
sourcegaming.info/2016/01/21/sakuraixnomuraparttwo/

What style do you think they're gonna do? Classic Doomguy or nu Doom Slayer? Im hoping for Doomguy as hes more recognizable and can easily fit into smash as hes more cartoony, if they do it like in Quake Champ. But its more likely theyre gonna do Slayer to represent Eternal.

They mixed both Snake and BB, so they might as well mix up both Doomguy and Slayer

Attached: yfoFH5z.png (800x600, 553K)

>nintendolife.com/news/2018/09/bethesda_has_spoken_to_nintendo_about_smash_bros_future_nintendo_exclusives_are_possible
>inb4 NDA
Pete Hines doesn't give a fuck.

Because chief has such a distinct and vibrant personality right?

They could give him 2 different costumes.

Doomguy and Doomslayer are probably just different skins for the character, like how Warrio has different costumes.

Attached: 1537041077176.png (1340x920, 71K)

he has a variety of designs that he could represent

Attached: tumblr_pbv6lviWus1qdvhtvo1_640.jpg (544x198, 52K)

yeah, I know.

Attached: doomguy through the ages.jpg (3000x3000, 523K)

Attached: 1537040553751.png (1340x920, 45K)

Attached: 1537041015072.png (1340x920, 52K)

Doomguy is pretty much guaranteed at this point. The writing is on the wall.

I don't know if there are any more of these but they always crack me up.

Attached: 1537049693433.png (1340x920, 54K)

Based Carmack

Attached: lel.png (256x264, 48K)

Attached: 1534210960633.png (1135x767, 87K)

Attached: doomguys.png (905x442, 53K)

twitter.com/Halo/status/1113166542881951744

Do you think Doom is going to go another 25 years still being modded?

Attached: Doom Shitpost.png (1920x1080, 103K)

twitter.com/franklez/status/1076911083909132289

>trying to get rid of nintendo villains
>by killing them

how long until even he gets frustrated?

The older games are so easy to mod and versitile enough, the worst that can happen is Bethesda either going against it or Graf Zahl trying to sabotage GZDoom and preventing anyone from backing up older versions of it.

Considering that Sakurai would have excluded pac-man entirely if he couldn't use his old design, I'd say Classic Doomguy would be default.
like other anons said though, Doom Slayer would most likely be an alt costume.

i hope i live to see the day doom turns 50

Yes. The source code has been free for so long and understood so thoroughly that it can become another game entirely, but it's still gonna be modded Doom in the end. The game is also historic, one of the most revolutionary games of all time, people are obviously going to check it out every once in a while.

we're getting retro doomguy in a cartoonish style that fits smash bros, his stage will be 2d sprites. his face is an extremely faithful rendition of his original DOOM face, which will be visible through his visor alongside an alt where he doesn't wear his helmet.

Attached: index.jpg (268x188, 8K)

I'm all for 3d versions of Doomguy's sprite.

Attached: Doomguy.jpg (1920x932, 234K)

>Inb4 it's more faithfull than the QC render

Attached: Doomguy face.png (642x518, 458K)

Both, he’ll obviously have costumes.

There has to be a Quake Ranger alt colour scheme for one of them.

The real question about Doomguy is about how much vanilla hentai he would spawn.

doom eternal uses the doomguy suit.

Attached: x6avys7cla311[1].jpg (2208x1242, 123K)

They are making him look too alpha. The sprite actually looks like a guy with a fat face.

A modification of it*

Attached: doomguy eternal.png (500x479, 255K)

Yeah, I was always confused about that. That obviously doesn't look like the Predator Praetor suit that they revealed at Quake Con. Maybe it is one of the alternate costumes like zombie doomguy?

Would the Cyberdemon be Doomguy's assist or something smaller like the Revenant, Archvile or Cacodemon?

Attached: Cyberdemon.jpg (2173x1100, 1.59M)

Imagine actually liking that bland corporate maskot? Lmao

he doesn't use the fancy suit for the entire game.

Chief is even worse: he's a poorly-done "personality". Doomguy is a force of nature with a ton of character to draw from. Chief would be boring to watch and create a moveset for.

>irrelevant

Attached: 6DD71C87-8871-4A70-9112-23F47D14BB4C.jpg (460x215, 47K)

Doom is the real king of FPS. Halo is an overhyped rip-off of Unreal for consoles which only has cultural relevance because it had such a high budget from Microsoft.

which doom enemy would make a good assist trophy?

Neither

Well we need to establish the doom enemies that would be stage hazards first
>Chaingunners are way in the background revealed by lowering a wall that then shoot anyone out in the open.

The answer is obvious.

Attached: 1530928187163.jpg (3840x2160, 505K)

Neither.
Why do you people think either has a realistic chance of getting in?

I don't care either way
but doomguy would be hype as fuck

Attached: 367377663.png (1280x1390, 1.53M)

youtube.com/watch?v=1eBl-OIF2TE

Attached: Doom.jpg (751x1064, 411K)

>classic doom ost remixes
>they make it sound like the songs it was based on
oh and a guy who did fanmade doom remasters works at id now

He does Quake tho.

At least one of them is practically confirmed. Doom is iconic and eternal is coming to switch. Microsoft and nintendo are friends now and halo could be ported over as well.

Cyberdemon would show up on the stage I'd think

Depends on which one would be more unique and interesting

The Doom stage feels easy to predict desu

Classic Doom stage - Starts like Hangar on Phobos, slowly the textures twist into more demonic counterparts, the environment changes and the walls are broken down. You get the Cyberdemon's Tower of Babel (E2M8) midway, and then the stage descends into Hell and you get the Spider Mastermind's Dis (E3M8).

Or the modern stage, which is basically the same but with Mars and the newer models.

Attached: Doom.png (929x713, 1.07M)

>draw grizzly doom art
>use some dinky font

Chief is just a WOW IM SO LUCKY LOL
Doomguy is pure skill, the "l33t h4x0r" who people try to get kicked out for being so fucking good

Chief is lucky because luck is a skill in the Halo universe. That's the motif, that his luck is manipulated through science and prophecy.

so epic

it's the same thing in The Legend of Zelda. Literally the same motif. Luck is a skill in many of these stories.

Attached: zelda-breath-of-the-wild-master-sword-location-the-heroes-sword-4857-1488725587015.jpg (1347x896, 382K)

>NuDoom's THE DOOM™ SLAYER™

Attached: Tired sadfrog HD.png (400x389, 48K)

garbage

Chief could actually work since alot of his weapons are already cartoony. Doomguy without gore is pointless.

Attached: 40e.jpg (1024x500, 31K)

Both Doom & Mega Man X are celebrating their 25th anniversaries this year.

Bethesda/ID and Capcom and pushing their respective characters hard.

They're both in or at least one of them will.

It can be cool sometimes. In literature, it can be a bit jarring when a character like Nakata survives near-death experiences constantly, or when Papa manages to survive all the way to the end of The Road.

Other times, it can be pretty cool. Like in Gears of War, when Marcus survives Jacinto, or Metal Gear Solid 3, when Naked Snake loses his eye.

don't forget the fireblu

Half of Doomguy’s arsenal is unrealistic even in OG Doom
Gore is not central to Doom, it’s flair to add to it

Axl for Smash!