THIS IS NOT A DRILL! I REPEAT! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

THERE ARE FAGGOTS ON Yea Forums RIGHT FUCKING NOW WHO DON'T THINK GTA IV IS THE BEST GTA. REMAIN CALM AND POST IN THIS THREAD UNTIL THE SITUATION HAS BEEN RECTIFIED

Attached: 1554050001193.jpg (250x312, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GWVtZJo-HqI
youtu.be/GWVtZJo-HqI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

2 is the best GTA.
Niko and Roman's VAs were beyond dogshit.
t.Croat

Attached: JesusSaves-GTA2-Residential.jpg (643x607, 137K)

yeah i can see it being jarring for a native speaker but its everything else about the game that makes IV so good

yeah it's a decent game, a technical marvel, but classic GTAs are better video games.
I dislike nuRockstar's sluggish approach, and I'm not talking about the handling.
I replayed 2 the other day and holy shit is a sandbox more fun without forced Tarantino bullshit, hence why people adore SR2 I guess.

All the rampaging just feels obsolete on those older games once you've done it in IV's physics engine. I mean yeah i can dress as a clown and crash a cement mixer into a tank on SA but why? the crash is the same as if I crashed it into a wall. Same with the shooting - killing a man with a minigun results in the same animation as if i shoot him with a 9mm. Loved the old games but couldn't go back to them just to mess about after playing IV and V was just a downgraded version of IV physics wise with most of the in game stuff locked behind a paywall on the online

I still find 4s gunplay satisfying.
>aim at leg and shoot
>getting headshots
>knocking motherfuckers out with that cool combat

There needs to be a remaster of this game. Too bad Rockstar is retarded and will never do it though.

>remaster
>of a last gen game
holy shit dude are you that spoiled?

plenty of other last gen games got remastered.

the way people reacted to being shot is amazing. Best was those times you'd shoot someone and they would misfire their own weapon, sometimes hitting and killing the other people on their side

y'all ever tried aiming for the police's guns? they get knocked out of their hands and they pull out their pistols

yeah i was amazing and don't even get me started on the physics in general. The first time i got nudged by a car and stumbled before falling over felt very next gen to me back then

Lots of other last-gen games have been remastered. GTA IV was one of the best games of last gen and a lot of people would gladly buy a remaster. I don't see how that makes me "spoiled".

not that guy but the reason R* won't do it is because they'd either have to release it with its original free to play online mode (and thus demonstrate how much of a sickening gashgrab GTAO is) or they'd have to integrate its map into GTAO (and thus face the wrath of people pissed because gta IV's online was wayyyyyy better as it was)

Best GTA. Euphoria engine for the animations was a wonder, I really hated the downgrade in V. And in RDR2 the shooting was just super boring, which makes me expect the next GTA to be a disappointment.
Also I remember the backlash about the driving in IV, but personally found it a blast after a while.

I love GTA IV!

Attached: gta4cruise.webm (640x360, 1.91M)

SR2 felt like a spiritual successor to GTA2 in a lot of ways, it's weird.
>semi-futuristic setting
>evil megacorp is a looming threat
>you can choose how you progress through the game

the best thing about gta iv was that you could drive from the moment you jumped in a car but if you wanted to drive well then you had to learn how. If you could drive good then you could dive GOOD. I can't count the number of times i would be driving pic related and leave kiddies eating my fucking dust on the online because i actually knew how to drive. It was so satisfying

Attached: 1529872031853.jpg (640x360, 68K)

V was a complete fuck up. The physics in IV were pretty much perfect, the seriousness and realism made the game more satisfying to play.

It feels like they went backwards in V, too much going on at once and way too much "modern day bullshit" (social media, smartphones, etc). GTA Online is not enjoyable, and also meant they could get away with not releasing another game for 6+ years.

Also, there will never be another retro game set in the 80s/90s because of the lack of smartphones and modern day shit to throw into multiplayer, they´ve pretty much cornered themselves.

Sorry for my shitty elaboration, but IV is so much better than V, it's just a shame they didn't continue in that direction.

yes.
shootouts in 4 feel very natural without being very sluggish or overly arcadey

R* and taketwo have totally screwed any chance of making good multiplayer with GTAO. Its a terrible shame because GTA IV and to a lesser extent RDR were amazing online games

4 was disappointing at release, and has aged even worse.

Can't puy all dem paid shit with all dem heavy mechanics 'n shit.

This opinion: DENIED

>2 is the best
Based as fuck. 2 has always beem my favorite. Did that 3d mod for 2 ever release? I remember hearing about it long ago.

they feel great in the single player and they felt incredible in the multiplayer. Shootouts online were some of the most thrilling i have ever played

what do you mean? the remake of 2 in the san andreas engine? i don't think it ever got a release

vice city bros ww@

GTAIV was pretty shit until they released TBoGT, which lifted it from shit status to alright. Still no Vice City or San Andreas, though.

>until they released TBoGT,
How to app the SAbaby.

everyone says this but all three of the GTA IV stories are great in their own way. Is it because they added skydiving in TBoGT or something?

>Still no Vice City
Good, VC is shit compared to IV and to Vice City Stories.

my first gta game makes it the best kys with your zoomer crap game

my first gta game was gta 2 you goomba. 3 was amazing, vice city was amazing, SA was fucking brilliant but 4..........4 was fucking mind blowingly next gen it wasn't even funny. Just seeing little things like a car crash or a pedestrian falling into some bins was beyond next gen felling back in the day

Based.

Attached: 1553576755778.png (128x109, 14K)

Futo or Blista user?

IV didn't have an atmosphere like SA or maybe Vice City did. It was kinda like an enhanced version of III, though the latter was more unique imho, but I may be biased as I played it as a small child

GTA4 had a worthless plot with terrible no motivation main character and the most annoying side characters and missions in the series.

4 was fun game but let's not kid ourselves here, it removed A LOT of stuff that made gta fun.

IV's atmosphere was early 2000's New York its just not an atmosphere you see in movies very much but they captured the likeness very well

Imagine being this wrong. V easily takes the cake on all of those

V

The game was good but it has flaws.
>Rob a bank for half a million
>Two missions later
>ROMAN STOP SPENDINK ALL OUR MONEY ON GAMBLINK

4 had an incredible attention to detail they dialed down in 5.
youtube.com/watch?v=GWVtZJo-HqI

Sucks that I didn't like the car-handling and after 2/3 just wanted it to end. The Episodes of LC tough were great.

Fucking love the futo. Best car in the game

for me it was either the Futo or the Dukes but both for different reasons. Never liked using the supercars in GTA games it just makes it too easy

how old are you guys. honestly?

ban the fags

Attached: 1531052021438.jpg (441x441, 84K)

Nor me. The futo just drives well and is the best all rounder.
The blista compact was fun to drive with also.

I really had driving with the futo nailed as i sunk so much hours into it. Felt so rewarding driving well on gta 4 as not everyone could.. Unlike gta 5 where the driving has been made for brainlets

for me its the sultan rs
- absolutely delicious awd handling
- breakneck acceleration
- demands good braking skills
- turbo
- rear diffuser
- roll cage
- begs to be taken off road to cut through dirt roads
- cf hood
- afterfire for showing off

Attached: 1542340454689.jpg (1920x1080, 625K)

Lol ok

old enough to know that if Last of Us, COD 4, Halo CE, Halo 2 and soon Halo 3 have all been remastered then it really isn't being spoiled to expect GTA 4 (which outsold all of them) to be remastered. That is i'm 25 years old.

>>ROMAN STOP SPENDINK ALL OUR MONEY ON GAMBLINK
I’d be pissed too if someone was gambling away my bank heist money.

I don't think i ever had a single good car chase on GTA 5 online. Whoever was doing the chasing would just head shot the person being chased in a heartbeat and that was it. Thats partly the super easy driving and partly the fact everyone is carrying every gun all the time though. Meanwhile on 4 online car chases could be the most epic ott shit imaginable with your skill behind the wheel really coming into play

SA was best gameplay wise GTA, but 4 had a soul. 5 is just soulless. So much love and attention went into 4, and the writing was pretty good.
How much do you charge to kill someone?

what's the point of a remaster when most of those games are all easily playable still?

I always loved the physics in GTAIV even if Yea Forums told me they sucked, the open world was much weaker to explore than SA but its still the best one for shooting dudes and crashing cars

>SA was best gameplay wise GTA
>intentionally forgetting the awful shooting/sfx, the ugly gun models and the jank of aiming manually

don't ask me but in GTA IV's case its

a) maybe we'll get a fucking playable PC port this time
b) revive the online

GTA 4 driving and all >>>> GTA 5

GTA could of been redeemed if Las ventures and San fierro were in SP/MP

Talking about it makes me miss it greatly. The single player was amazing but online i had such good fun. I was playing it still when the community got smaller and id see the same people online most evenings. Rivalries and alliances were made with no need for communication

Also the annihilator heli. I ended up getting alright at that, it was another thing you basically have to train yourself with if you want good accuracy with it. Chopper chases and sky battles were amazing

i thought IV's world was simply more subtle than SA. It's all New York/New Jersey but the different areas have captured the feel of the different neighborhoods IRL pretty damn well

>graphics
>anything to do with gameplay
Not an argument. And there was nothing wrong with SA's aiming you fucking shitter, stop playing on console.

4 should only be 'remastered' if they fix the dogshit implementation of RAGE they used, and that means putting it on gta5's implementation and rebuilding it. 4 is utterly crippled by dx9 drawcall limitations among other things. remove all gfwl dependency, securom, and redo social club.

Yeah I played it religiously on the Xbox 360 until V came out and then returned to it after V turned out to be sucky but the community was dead by then on that platform. Got it on the PC too and occaisionally you can find a good game but the games for windows live its packaged with runs like absolute dogshit with modern systems.

As for the annihilator me and my friends played a minigame where we would joust in the air with them and just generally try and knock each other out of the sky. Many many laughs were had - particularly when someone would knock the tail off your heli but the main rotor would be fine and you would be spinning out of control all over the place. - We'd also use the fantastic vehicle damage to play a pretty realistic demolition derby game on the airport. All of this is impossible in V

>crash car - looks the same every time
>shoot guy - same effect no matter what you shoot him with

it had jank graphics and its mechanics just became so obsolete once IV came out

>>graphics
Never said anything but about the shit gun models, look at the ak and tell that’s fine. Shit is almost as big as CJ.

because IV looks like shit on a 4k tv.

all you have to do is mod out the grey filter or play Gay Tony

I've been playing GTA games since about 2003, and let me tell you: V is a superior game to IV in every single conceivable way.

Don't get me wrong, IV is an amazing game. When it came out, it was the best GTA game ever made, by a long shot. The leap in quality from San Andreas was pretty huge. But V is another leap forward again. In fact I would say GTA V is one of the best games ever made.

The story is great, the gameplay is certainly better than IV (the weapon wheel is a godsend and it's amazing it didn't appear sooner), the graphics are INSANE and probably the best graphics of any Seventh Generation game, the level of detail across the entire game is astounding, the attractiveness of the game is breathtaking (especially compared to the drab dreariness of GTA IV), the wealth of vehicular options is more satisfying than any other GTA game (true, San Andreas also had a wide range of vehicles, but the vehicles in GTA V feel more enjoyable and realistic than before), and of course last but certainly not least, GTA V has a HUGE multiplayer component, leaps and bounds above what is comparatively a paltry multiplayer component in GTA IV, giving you tons of game modes to choose from (guaranteeing that there will be game modes that you find enjoyable even if there are others that you aren't interested in), and expanding the game greatly. And of course there's all the updates that have brought new vehicles and online components into the game.

GTA V is just insane. You look at it and think "I cannot believe this runs on an Xbox 360". And you think "I cannot believe how much time it must have taken to create this game". It's an amazing game. Not every game series gets better with every release, but GTA does.

Attached: gta v.jpg (575x703, 111K)

But he doesn't lol, it all stays on Niko.

That's because they should have kept the protag as Russian, litetally NOBODY gives one fuck about yugoroaches, not even the VAs
Also
>poverty yugo likes the poverty GTAs
i laughed

>The story is great
The story is disjointed and inconsistent and unfocused. It doesn't know what the fuck it wants to be or be about.
> the attractiveness of the game is breathtaking (especially compared to the drab dreariness of GTA IV)
Personal opinion. I much prefer to atmosphere of IV over V.
>online
no

Pic related is unironically the best and most pleb filter GTA of all

Attached: 788-1.jpg (1593x1917, 611K)

But Niko shares anything with Roman and Roman shares anything with Niko, Niko said that to Jacob on his second mission if I recall

Gambling is what got them in trouble in the first place with the loan sharks, makes sense Niko would flip his shit after all they went through.

This is honestly just the tip of the iceberg

youtu.be/GWVtZJo-HqI

By Allah this better be pasta.....

True

Niko was a miserable sad sack of a whiny cunt. The point where ROMAN of all people goes off and blasts him with a truth bomb was pretty satisfying.

Can't even pick up a hooker without him lamenting. "Oh my mother would be proud of me.". Go date another undercover government agent.

san andreas was the best so far.

>I've been playing GTA games since about 2003

Stopped reading here. You think that makes you special?

By Allah this better be pasta.....

The control scheme in V feels so much better than IV even without the weapon/radio wheel. I'd be hard pressed not to rebind them.

I'd say for the year it game out it was IV's equivalent. I remember the first time i played it how mind blown i was but all those years later IV did the same thing to me

>I've been playing GTA games since about 2003
you mean just like everyone else that wasn't a fetus in 2003?

>best
>gta
It's like short people arguing over who is the tallest. You may be the tallest at the midget convention, but you are still the king of manlets.

lame and faggotpilled

t.grafit sljadoljedi mafija mercedes

You need to learn what gameplay is.

V is the most beautiful, visually polished GTA, though it's unbearable unmodded. 6.5/10
+ great map
- interactivity
IV has a lot of TECHNOLOGY and is extremely fun. 8/10
+ unprecedented level of detail
+ physics and technology
- gameplay elements
SA has the best variety of gameplay and mechanics, but has aged like milk. 7/10
+ variety of shit to do
- physics and visuals
3 was nice when it came out, it's unplayable now. ugh/10
+ it's third person 3D holy shit
- controls and gameplay are ass
2 is legendary. 8/10
+- I don't even remember much of it, just how it made me feel.
og GTA is just HOTEL, DOWNTOWN, SPEEDING ALL AROUND

Attached: 1202592759452.jpg (500x531, 35K)

>when your so insecure you enter threads of games you dont like to project

you honestly sound like the idiot who tries to shill ARK. The depth of the game is minimal, the missions consist of the same stupid bullshit, and the story is literally nonexistent. People who like third person shooting games should reexamine their life.

I know what gameplay is I judge IV the best don't I? For me it's mostly the online because however good a singleplayer game is playing with other people is just more fun. For that IV is the best because V is pay2win trash for children. Also V's map fucking blows and the countryside is utterly pointless

3 aged fine you're just gay btw

faggot and lamepilled