Wait, so let me get this straight?

Wait, so let me get this straight?
>DmC made Devil May Cry easier in terms of jump canceling and combos and the fans threw a hissyfit.
> Denounce the game every time it's brought up because of the easy style points and easy jump canceling, etc.
>DmC still has tons of combo potential, just as much as dmc4 and more than the predecessors.
>Lots of rational fans recognize that the combat isn't as complicated but the game has it's merits and is better than the previous games in some aspects.

>DMC5 lowers jump canceling difficulty and makes harder mechanics like max act easier, removes mechanics that advanced players liked such as inertia.
>The fans still love it and praise it as the best in the series, even though it hardly improved the combat aspects of the game from 4. The pro players say the combat is worse.
>When DMC5 was initially revealed, tons of people said the art style was reminiscent of DmC
>DMC fans just shout them down. "No this is the DMC we all know and love! Nuro looks nothing like Donte! Fuck off Tameemfag!
>DMC5 also rips tons of other elements straight from DmC and the fans love all these changes too.
DMC fans, what the fuck is going on here?

Attached: ss_87ab71b8407b7aaf75bae247e8e2f511f0c80b05.1920x1080.jpg?t=1550021003.jpg (1728x1080, 507K)

Attached: 1554090368371.gif (380x298, 403K)

EAST GOOD

WEST BAD

Attached: nero_15146484654322.png (569x435, 378K)

>DmC is a shit game
>DMC5 is a good game
hope that clears things up

Not real DMC fans
I don't like what DMC5 did in terms of gameplay or story

Everyone I know who loved Devil May Cry complained more about the fact that DMC rebooted the game when no one wanted it to be rebooted and the dialogue was terrible. Making a singleplayer game with needlessly difficult execution doesn't make a lot of sense in the first place.

lol barry
reminder to sage

DMC5 combos are still miles harder than anything DmC has

FUCK YOU!

Attached: Dante's receipt.jpg (640x1136, 100K)

DmC JCs literally stun the fucking enemies, dipshit

>>DmC still has tons of combo potential, just as much as dmc4 and more than the predecessors.
Holding a trigger to access any weapon that isn't Rebellion, and having a dedicated launcher button is a massively deflated movelist. Go ahead and list all the Rebellion-only moves in DmC that can be done, then compare that to 4 or 5.

Basically this

Nah, it wasn't about how hard you can pull of moves but about how it has less moves and how it ran in 30FPs at release
Donte played like Nero with a Dante Skin problem is he didn't have styles or the buster arm instead he gave us a dedicated launch button which made him inferior
Also no taunt button si it's automatically DMC2 tier

>DmC still has tons of combo potential, just as much as dmc4
What the fuck?

Attached: 1512791070330.png (252x259, 71K)

Pretty much this, they went so far to insult the original design. Classic example of devs having their head up their ass.
Was a decent game on its own though, pretty creative environments

The reason people hated DmC wasn't because of the gameplay which ranged from acceptable to good, even if it had some iffy decisions. People hated DmC because NT shat on the fans and DmC was announced after DMC4 came out as a half-finished game.

JC has never been particularly hard to pull off, and exceeding was unnecessarily hard. Hell, even in 5 exceeding still feels like it still needs some fleshing out.

>mechanics
>inertia
Dumbass

The excitement of DMC being "back" has made a lot of people look over DMC5's flaws for now, you can see its not lasting though with all the disappointment from the BP update. This board would have torn DmC to shreds for many things like how dumbed down royal guard is, but because Itsuno was responsible for it its okay.

DmC is still shit though and even Definitive isn't anywhere near as good as people make it out to be.

I could refute every single thing you said but I wont because I actually somewhat defended DmC from the tide of DMC4 mouthbreathers on this board so let them squirm

How is royal guard dumbed down? It seems better than ever to me.

See, even unga bunga Nero understands this simple fact

>DmC still has tons of combo potential, just as much as dmc4 and more than the predecessors.
>cant' use half of your tools depending on fight
>locked to 30 fps for an action game
>Story is a disaster
>dedicated launcher
>no taunts
>enemies as floaty as Vergil is in 5 as a baseline

The "merits" are that DE fixes it to make it playable and it has some value in that the good ideas are actually good ideas. DMC2 is complete ass but nobody is going to argue that faster weapon switching is a bad thing.

>tons of people said
The discord trannies who were literally predisposed to hate the game the moment they saw the Capcom logo
>DMC5 also rips other elements
So did 4SE. Vergil was a combination of 3's Vergil and DmC:DE's Vorgil. Itsuno clearly is fond of that game and decided that good shit should be taken.

So in a nutshell
>b-b-but they didn't get rid of everything from a non widely praised game
Correct. Because if they did it would have been dark souls 3 tier where literally all of the good things from Dark Souls 2 (NG+ adding enemies, dynamic covenant system, best pvp in the series, extremely large summon range for both co-op and pvp) are completely ignored.

>hardly improves anything
Dante’s weapons in 5 are actually worth using beyond 3 moves

>discussing game mechanics on a place that can't even do a dragon punch

oh nononononono

He's probably talking about how it's more frames for a perfect royal guard like 3 and not the 1 like in 4. While also conveniently forgetting that while RG was 1 frame, literally everybody used it by jumping with i-frames into an attack.

Else he'd be talking about Royal Guard using DT and Royal Revenging existing. Both of which are actually good additions that don't affect how pros use it while letting shit players finally play around with it.