Phase 2 is literally impossible

Phase 2 is literally impossible.

Attached: Guardian_Ape_guide_header.0.jpg (1200x800, 116K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gLyYmqOsts4
mrantifun.net/index.php?threads/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-22-fling-1-02-2019-03-25.18970/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Thats why everyone but you beat it loser

Wait til demon of hatred

Does something different happen in NG+?

how hard is he compared to ape?

Phase 2 is easier than 1

That's nothing. You have to fight 2 at the same tome later.

Equip the umbrella and parry his attacks

I've stopped playing the game at this point. It's so tedious. Fuck this shit game.

Depends how much you can enjoy rape

Phase 2 is super easy compared to 1.

Phase 1 he jumps around throwing out hit boxes non-stop with very little time to punish him.
Phase 2 he slowly throws out attacks with shitloads of start and endlag and gets stunned for an age if you deflect him.

I'm at Isshin and haven't fought him yet. Is he optional?

3 phases twice the size

You cant abuse fire and crackers on phase 2 you lying nigger. Also his sword animations are erratic and drawn out making it harder to time parry, as well ad the retarded insta death scream that is unavoidable if you are ever in attack range.

The second one has next to no posture though, if you get an opening in both of their attack patterns you can spam the second to a death blow in seconds. Especially with firecrackers. It seems like it's designed more to make the player panic than it is to be a genuinely tough fight.

Demon of Hatred is in another ending.

im not doing him on my first playthrough anyways

The sword attacks have an incredibly wide parry window and leave him stunned for about 10 seconds every time. He only screams after that attack as well.

phase 2 is so much easier than 1
deflect 3-4 attack, then deflect the head overswing attack and he falls down
Then use the spear to drag out the centipede in him for massive posture damage
do that twice or thrice and he's down

Attached: 1549612309060.png (256x256, 33K)

For phase two just keep wailing on him when he screams and casts terror, it's free damage and 3-4 hits will stagger him put of it before Terror can take affect. This trivializes the 2nd phase.

but phase 2 is easiest

Attached: 1554040787176.png (1233x1357, 390K)

demon of hatred has to be the hardest one in this game, what the fuck

made me wish i was fighting ape

Do you get him if you choose the Owl's side?

are u kidding phase 1 is way harder phase than the second the latter just have just 4 attack pattern
A jump and cut
B 4 consecutives swings
C hgh jump and cut
D 5 consecutive swings

if you want to win cheesing like me and without getting hit on that pahse just attack when A or B and thats it first phase was way harden with the 23132 million attacks he does

If you mean Sword Saint Isshin, then you have to go in the direction past the Old Grave idol to fight Demon of Hatred. If you mean old man Isshin, then you can't fight Demon of Hatred in that ending.

Probably bait but pop a pacifying agent and his scream won't build up your terror to death.
Also stop spamming parry or trying to guess when the attack will hand. The ape is SLOW AS FUCK for his attacks and you can time the deflect easy. it's not like humanoids who attack 5 times with a random delay in the middle

Why the fuck can you sometimes grapple his head during phase 1? Seems to do fuck all but reel myself in for an ass whooping.

No. Siding with owl gives you 2 boss fights and the game is done

Same as with GYOUBU MASATAKA ONIWA
you get it to close the distance for attacks that you'd normally be far away from

You can do the grapple attack if you have it unlocked for a bit of free damage as long as you're ready to deflect his next attack.

No. The game is like 15 hours longer if you don't join his side. You missed a lot of bosses and a huge area.

if you can't parry it consistently then just back up whenever it freaks out and then do hit and run attacks. sprint the fuck away whenever it uses the head.

Attached: 1553980271537.png (480x360, 215K)

I think it's Sword Saint Isshin. I chose to betray Owl. Also, why is sculptorbro gone?

It's dumb as fuck. "skilled" Sekiro players say only pussies hit and run in this game, but for the headless monkey fellow you are literally forced to do just this. IMO such a strategy actually suits a shinobi more than trying to royal guard everything.

I finally understand what the NPC meme is about.
Literally every thread about this game is "X is fucking impossible."

youtube.com/watch?v=gLyYmqOsts4

No. Idk about if you need the bell ring or not but there’s like a cave place after the snake eyes guy in the underground swamp you should check out after you beat the ape.

I still didn't beat Isshin though..

>Then use the spear to drag out the centipede in him for massive posture damage
Wait, WHAT.
No way, you can do that?!

What other secret tool interactions did I miss?

Whenever he backs away and does a little scream, you can grapple in to close the distance.

>Seems to do fuck all but reel myself in for an ass whooping.
If this is happening to you, you are grappling in too late when the animation of his next attack is already starting. If you space yourself right and take the grapple while he is screaming or as it pops up, it's 100% safe

Just fucking parry him you god damned shitter holy shit
Imagine not being able to hit a half second obvious as fuck timing window

it's implied the demon of hatred is the sculptor

You can fight the Demon of Hatred then, and you'll find out what happened to the Sculptor when you do.

It's not implied, it's said outright.

This.

you have to if you want to get the white flower and progress the main quest line though

Phase 2 is way easier than Phase 1 what the hell?

Phase 1:
>get 1-2 hits in
>back off for his attacks
>dodge his grabs and BRAAAPs
>throw firecrackers to get more hits in
>max his stagger bar
>win
Phase 2:
>sprint in
>parry his blows
>get a hit or two in
>sprint out before he goes REEEEEE and kills you
>repeat
A pretty easy boss once you get the patterns down.

>Also his sword animations are erratic and drawn out making it harder to time parry,
It doesn't matter because phase 2 has fuck all pressure, as long as you eventually parry his big slam attack he gets stunned for like 4 seconds
>the retarded insta death scream that is unavoidable if you are ever in attack range.
Not only is it extremely obvious after like 3 rotations of attacks when hes gonna do this you can wait until the last second and either run in a straight line behind him or just hold up the umbrella

Not really, phase 2 is way way easier than phase 1. Just parry him til he falls over and wail on him. Even when I am standing still right in front of him trying to parry his sword stabs, he still misses like 25% of his attacks

Is it just me or does stabbing his ass also stagger him easy as shit without needing to max his posture?

>tfw you beat the ghost monk without any confetti
Wasn't all that hard just fucking tedious.

Attached: 3878567452.jpg (200x200, 38K)

He's easier than Ape what the fuck?

pussy baby

>tfw beat corrupted monk at my 2nd try by cheesing the first 2 phases
Easy game

Attached: smug_bitches.jpg (640x640, 110K)

A quadriplegic guy beat this game, if you can't beat it then you are literally worse then a cripple at video games. Git gud faggots

I didn't even realize Confetti helped on anything other than Headless on my first playthrough. Fighting the Shichimen Warriors without it is a real pain.

phase 2 is easy once you realize it's literally just parrying 3 combos over and over and running away when he starts autistically screeching

alright i need some serious advice on owl, he's a bitch

I found a sweet spot under him a couple times where I could just wail on him uninterrupted while he freaked out. if you angle him towards a corner you can stun him and then he'll try to jump away but he gets stuck in the corner and you can just smack his shit in all over again while he tries to back away.

I didn't even realize confetti helped for headless
I used the purple hat subweapon to parry and then use the R1 attack out of it which does great damage vs them

Just tested the centipede only came out once. What the fuck went wrong. After first time I speared twice after over head and I just went into him

despite everything the game's taught you so far, parrying all of his attacks actually isn't the way to go with his fight

dodge whenever you see an opening and R1 mash the nigger to death

No he's really not, you just got better at the game since ape. Go fight ape again and tell me that

he took me a lot of attempts. in the end I was just really aggressive and parried everythng he did. I think I used the ichimonji to stun him too. don't use your charged poke because he will counter you. stay on his ass and try to get enough hits in that his posture doesn't recover.

>Ape has a centipede in him
>the monks have centipedes in them
>your sparring partner at the temple has a centipede in him
D-does that mean Sekiro also has one?

Attached: 16011601.jpg (231x218, 24K)

you can do it multiple times, you need to get the timing right and align with his throat

I don't know about wolf, but I can confirm that Emma has centipedes in her vagina.

no, centipedes are fake immortality. dragon aids is the real deal

You still really need to parry him just to defend yourself. His sword is fucking huge and 90% of his regular attacks are horizontal sweeps that catch you in the ankle if you don't time your dodge 100% perfectly.
You do need to dodge to get behind him whenever you see a good opportunity because you can get a couple slashes to his back and otherwise he just blocks everything, but you should be doing multiple parries for every one dodge-behind you do

These Kratos gorilla memes make no sense to me, he's piss easy, I'm not here to say you need to get good, just stop being bad.

No, they say there's who ways to become immortal.
Drink dragon blood or some shit or eat centipedes. Sekiro and gen-whatshisname is dragon blood. The monkeys and ape are centipedes.

Fun fact: Centipedes represent immorality/degeneracy in shinto

phase 2 is much easier, you have 2 windows of easy dmg
1 after he belly flops to you
2 after you parry big overhead swing
rest of his shit is dodge/parry and punish
managed to beat 2nd fight on my 1st try with only receiving one hit from the waifu ape

Play it and drop your vids user. Love to see them

Does anyone else here think the game wasn't hard at all? Like I'm not going to say it's easy, but I see people complaining about certain bosses so much when they took me 2-3 tries. Some bosses were so easy I beat them on the first try

Attached: 1549562025013.png (645x773, 11K)

>fake immortality
I dunno bro, it seems pretty legit to me.

he is pretty easy and I'm not saying I'm amazing at the game

its really just spacing and striking when its save with him same with the ape boss which I find also a lot easier than even many sub bosses

Ape and Demon have some of the most free hits in the whole game you just have to be patient enough

It's a different kind of immortality. One is a parasite that kills you if you fuck up, the other is a blessing from a dragon god

game wasn't hard in a sense that if you git gud, you do it
i haven't blamed any single one of my deaths to anything but my own mistakes, which is great.
it didn't feel too hard because of that, after every death i knew exactly what i did wrong and that i should improve on that

I think the beginning of the game is pretty damn hard just because you only have like 2 gourd sips and you don't get HP back from deathblows yet

LOL

Define hard.
Harder than most AAA games that come out? Incredibly so.
Harder than Souls? Yeah.
Harder than something like Ninja Gaiden Black? No, not even close.

Attached: 1564578.jpg (229x250, 8K)

I think the posture system actually makes it much easier.
Rather than everything being so all-or-nothing with shit loads of unblockable attacks unless you have insane stats, nearly everything can blocked and you get a warning when it can't and you don't have to choose between defense and evasion.

kek
Imagine sucking at this game, blamit it for all your deaths and being so frustrated at it you want to break your controller. Then imagine coming here to vent about how cheap and unfair you think it is when everyone here just laughs at you and calls you a shitter, saying the game is actually very easy. Extreme seething.
I wonder if it drives them to persist at getting better at the game just to prove those anons who laughed at them wrong, or if it just discourages them from continuing the game at all.

I guess as an actual answer: nah it wasn't hard, the hardest boss took me 5 tries, which really is nothing. It's just harder than normalfag trash in the last 15 years so they all freak out.

Something that makes me suffer and want to give up, something like touhou. Sekiro just didn't give me much trouble. I unironically think Dark Souls 3 was harder, atleast it made me die much more often.

Yeah but phase 2 is spooky

That lifeless body just slithering around with a sword in hand is fucking creepy bro.

how hard is ng++?

ill have to do the quick end on that to get all the bosses or just start a new file

Boring. He's a typical souslboss, so you wait until an opening and slash away.
Completely breaks the mold of most other bosses were you are dominating the fight.

Are there any skills i should avoid? I heard the entire prosthetics tree is useless

Wolf's immortality is a trait of a long line bloodline. The centipede is manifested by sacrifice and infestation.

Attached: 814380_20190327124305_1.jpg (1920x1080, 1.26M)

No, the centipedes come from the rejuvenating waters, Sekiro got his immortality from Kuro.

Just wait until you have to fight two of them at once.

Definitely way harder than the ape and hits harder
The ape is a fucking shit throwing pushover even with his bitch boy
If you mamage to reach the demon one day remember, you can deflect the stomps, don't try to do like me and go full retard trying to dodge it

Use the umbrella when he screams dude
You can use it and get on his back without taking damage or terror build up

The game was extremely hard until I realized the value of jumping and sprinting around during combat instead of just dodging repeatedly like souls / BB, and how you can still parry attacks in midair (meaning you are only vulnerable to certain rare grabs - like the Ape's - while jumping, and only if you time the jump way too early / too late or leap right into their grab as they bodyblock you)

Is this shit worth it?

Attached: 814380_20190327223119_1.jpg (1920x1080, 1.26M)

So is Kuro basically supposed to be like the Emperor of Japan in his divinity?

That tree really isn't all that good, though Projected Force in combination with the umbrella can be pretty good.
Apart from that there aren't really useless skills, but there are skills you definitely want. Those are
>mikiri counter + its upgrade
>ascending and descending carp
>flowing water style
Those are absolutely essential.
The other skills all have their uses as well. Some people say the whirlwind slash is bad, but certain enemies can be stunlocked by it, same goes for nightjar slash. So if you those certain enemies give someone trouble those skills can help them. If you are really good at the game though, then the greentexted skills are all you really need.

I bought pretty much anything I can 'cause in NG+ I've been getting way more gold than I know what to deal with, I've used the purple gourd a few times with the shinshinmen or whatever they're called, but it's not necessary desu, I'd buy 6 divine confetti's instead

Genichiro isn't dragon blood. It's SCIENCE that keeps him immortal.

>tfw some musical track or location gives me an Otogi vibe
Good stuff. Where's 3, From?

Attached: 1463137524093.jpg (400x400, 15K)

Not really. The game throws tons of pacifying agents your way. And you are better of investing into the purple umbrella for the shichinin warriors or however they are called. The magic fags that use kamehameha.

Ok fuck this. Just gonna use a trainer for cunt ape, I just wanna progress through the game. I really dont give a shit, use cracker mash r1 etc etc, parry 2nd lhase and use spear. Cool. I'm over this though, ready to move on.

Yes if only because money slowly becomes meaningless at the end game and ng+

It's an infinite terror remover, so there's no reason to not get it.
There are plenty of Headless and 3 jumping caster fags that you're bound to find a use

nothing changes except stronger enemies.

Literally the only time you can take a little bit of damage during his scream (not even gonna mention "insta-dying" to terror, lol) is if you somehow ended up in a corner and have to run past him.
>salty he can't stunlock a boss for 20 seconds for free
Easy mode is over.

you just get an option to return kuro's charm to him, makes it so taht you take chip damage from blocking, incentivizes parrying instead.

The deed has been done. The cunt ape lies dead.

Link if anyone is interested: mrantifun.net/index.php?threads/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-22-fling-1-02-2019-03-25.18970/

Better just keep it activated, because all the coming bosses will make you cry even harder.

>using a trainer

Attached: roy cringe.png (404x410, 347K)

Wait till later when you have to fight 2 at once in a smaller space.

>Phase 2

Beat him first try.

Literally just keep running and wait for the attack where he throws himself towards you and gives one sword slice while lying on the ground.

You have about 2-3 seconds to sprint towards him and attack once.

Repeat for easy cheese.

Attached: 1553288083925.jpg (1218x938, 210K)

>literally forced to do just this
Nah you're just a shitter

Corruoted monk is pushing my shit in pls help

Honestly? I found that fight even easier, since the headless ape's moveset is still predictable and slow as fuck and brown ape dies almost instantly

You are not forced though, I did it because it worked for me and beat it first try even though Miyazaki probably didn't want me to beat him like that.

Guess it is his problem for allowing me to cheese him in this way though.

Attached: you are the most human person I know.webm (1036x720, 2.63M)

Brown ape?

>people like this actually exist

Attached: 1504560359365.jpg (396x691, 117K)

Yes the second one

>kill every major boss in the game in 4 attempts max, several of them in 1 attempt
>Demon of Hatred is pushes my shit in

Attached: 1446006066763.png (370x323, 100K)

How do none of you fuckers realise that you can parry his regular attacks. Literally any attack that doesn't have an icon explicitly telling you that it can't be parried can be parried and if you're not doing that you're playing like a fucking pussy.

This is referring to his 1st stage by the way

DUDE BOSSES ARE INVINCIBLE 99% OF THE TIME LMAO

LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE

The game allowed me to cheese him so I cheesed him.

Joke is on you Miyazaki.

What the fuck?
Phase 2 is easier than phase 1.
If you got to phase 2 then the rest should be a cake walk.

Are you deflecting or doing the souls thing and trying to dodge everything?

Attached: cat confused.png (382x417, 325K)

>blocking = invincible
hurrr

just stay close to his crotch bro

Yeah.
You don't probably need to have it equipped, but since you can just pause the game and sip it, it's handy for when you find yourself terrorized.

It's some of the absolute best DSP kino

Attached: wooow.jpg (193x270, 14K)

How are you even enjoying the game playing like a coward

>get 3 body hits in a row on boss
>only 1 does damage

Funny that I killed him on my first try without dying. I had to use all my healing items except divine grass. But I still got him. If you can't parry him, then just dash-and-poke, you'll win eventually.

You can't do that in every boss, I have been parrying and deflecting the others but when I got to Guardian Ape I knew that I would die a couple of times until I had his moveset figured out and know how and when to deflect.

It was late at night so I just went with the easier approach. Kind of dissapointed though since the game allowed me to do that, the Ape should recover faster from his attacks so I wouldn't have time to hit him.

Attached: 1551218461986.jpg (600x522, 24K)

Let me guess
Corrupted monk?

After four games you still haven't figured out that reddit is blowing from games's difficulty way out of proportion for the sake of stale memes and elitism?

From needs to step up their game if they want people to play it like they want people to play it. I did that as well and now I am feeling I didn't get enough enjoyment out of that.

>die 3 times to owl
>barely make a dent in his HP
>go in the zone
>parry his bitch ass to kingdom come

Attached: .png (461x310, 107K)

This, as long as you have pacifying agents.
Parrying his big slow overhead swing makes him fall down and you can hit him for free for a while.

Look at him... Look at him and laugh.

I found him easier, his tells are pretty obvious

I found phase 2 much easier than the first. The big floppy monster bosses are the worst in this game, they suck. At least he doesn't actually throw shit at you in that phase.

>everyone keeps saying to use umbrella to cheese bosses
>think I must've missed it somehow
>then remember the one merchant who I saw ages ago and couldn't afford his weird item

Attached: 1554101776322.png (500x500, 168K)

>Beat 2nd corrupted monk on 2nd try
>Beat owl on second try
>Beat ape first try
>Can't beat this man
At least I had fun getting my ass kicked against the demon of hatred, this fight is just dumb

Attached: 5c95f5caf3cab.jpg (480x360, 31K)

Safe yourself the hassle pretending to like suffering through this mess of a game and get a trainer. One of the only games that actually improves with cheats. They had the chance to break away from shitsouls but they just couldn't let go of their gimmick.

it's pretty much meaningless from the start

there was hardly ever a point in the game where i felt like losing money whenever I died was an issue

90% of git gud posters played with cheats throughout every single fromsoft game.-
It was all by accident, their games were stacked completely against the player because of incompetence, and now they think that's what the people want. It's the craziest fucking shit, only in zoomer age.

Attached: 05528912e80a64d3.jpg (1052x2227, 284K)

>Lady Butterfly kills you
>You were still just a puppy.
>Owl kills you
>Just a stray dog, after all.
>Owl 2 kills you
>Good riddance, starving wolf.
kino

Attached: butterfly.png (720x405, 377K)

MADA MADA

This game is extremely unresponsive at 30 fps. Is it better at 60? Fuck being a poorfag

No
Input lag out the ass, I'd also bet that it's on purpose to stack the game more against the player because that's apparently what zoomers like.

You are literally retarded if you can't beat monkeyboi flawlessly with one hand tied behind your back and blindfolded. It is the easiest boss in the game by far, even easier than monkey hide and seek.

it's almost the opposite of demon
instead of constantly running, it's easier to just stand still for the first two phases

I played Dark Souls 3 and BB at "30" FPS in PS4, thought they were fine. Then I played Dark Souls 2 PvP at 60 FPS for a bit and going back to the previous two games felt like they were eating all my imputs and they were janky as hell. Luckily I managed to get a good PC and got Sekiro at 60FPS and it handles great.

Bullshit, Demon of Hitboxes is a fucking cheating cunt who will stomp you across the map because this hitbox is broken as fuck. Not to mention his tracking is insane and he has a ton of annoying abilities. They basically took the worst kind of Souls boss and added it into Sekiro.

You just sprint around him and he misses all his attacks. As long as you jump his charge and his slam, you'll be fine. His bunch of fireballs are also dangerous but he doesn't directly aim them at you, he puts some distance between you two with other attacks and then throws them at the ground predicting you'll run in. So just waiting a tiny bit longer to see if he'll throw them is enough. Don't even have to use the umbrella.

>hear how tough ss isshin is for the past week
>beat him within 30 minutes
did I get memed? he's pretty mild. you can deflect almost everything and deflecting + the occasional mikiri counter and attacking once or twice when you can is all you need. his posture isn't monstrous like owl 2.

Attached: 1543447416417.jpg (436x436, 37K)

Basically it's like this; most of the game is eazymode with the exception of Genichiro (casual breaker), Demon of REEEEE, Owl-otosan and Isshin nothin' personel mode. All of those bosses have a gimmick and attack pattern that require you to master it on some level. Some people can go in balls to the wall and flawless those bosses with no problem on their first try but the rest of us mere peasants need to suffer the taunting and jeering of bosses as they demolish our pride earned through bullying old ladies and retarded gajin's. Once you beat any of the aforementioned bosses once you will understand their gimmick and proceed to steamroll them in new game plus, bar a few cases of human error. The game tries to be cute in consecutive NG++ by adding a few new moves to bosses but by then you should be such an experienced neckbeard that it should be no issue.

Attached: Isshin.webm (1280x720, 1.65M)

QUICK QUESTION Yea Forums
I just beat headless ape and the female ape and wondered if the headless ape would recover if you dont finish it with the mortal blade while its lying on the ground after you kill it with the shinobi execution?!

Beat the battle on my first try to and can safely break down the fight.

Headless ape is a pussy fight and the only challeneg he poses is before you cut his head off.
The second ape is also weak as shit posture wise and easily dealt with from simple firecracker spam when headless is far away enough for you to get some good damage in.

Op if you are haivng issues with phase 2 then you need to go back and practice your parries casue phase 2 is NOTHING but parry bait

>Tfw just beat Owl(father)
Don't know how he fares on NG but on NG+ it was fucking tough

Attached: 1547925267305.gif (543x607, 1.54M)

Safest strat for phase 2 is to wait for his 4 sword thrusts and start running in when he does his 4th thrust. You can get at least 2 attacks then run before he hits you with this screech. Downed him on my first attempt using this strategy with only 3 gourds and hardly any health.

Use the spear Luke

Phase 1: Put pressure on him, dodge to the right when he parries your attack and hit him while he tries to do his martial arts shit.
Phase 2: Let him come to you and punish his thrusts with Mikiri counter every time. (This is the hardest phase because he tends to use his gun a lot like a faggot whenever you try to heal).
Phase 3: Should be easier than phase 2 if you master lightning countering, just wait like .8sec before jumping and you will counter his lightning 100% of the time. If you suck ass at countering lightning just run past him and get away as soon as you see him do it.

Protip: When he does his AoE sword sheath move, don't run away. Instead run to him and jump on him before he does it. You can evade it completely and hit him like 3 times while he's getting out of the animation.

I beat him, he was just the boss that killed me the most by far. I don't have any webM's of my kill but I kid you not there were times when he fucking hit me while I was behind him and a good 30 feet from his back with his stomp. I think the terrain is part of the issue, the annoying little hills hide some of his attacks. I got hit with his fire arm shit more than once through the ground. It's just a garbage boss that forces you to ignore 99% of what you learned through the game.

Just run around until he dives at you. Jump over him and hit him three times.
Repeat and he dies.

Go to where you fought Gyoubo

He's not too bad if you run through his fire crackers and hit him directly. I found phase 2 to be waaaaay easier than phase 1. I wanted to rip my fucking hair out when I fought him for the first time. Had no idea what the ideal range or how aggressive I should be with him. Turns out he's similar to Isshin, in that you can pressure him to use certain easy to counter attacks by attacking constantly. The most annoying shit is his firecracker, imo. In NG+ they hit me for like 90% of my health and my stats are maxed out. I also forgot about him being that one boss you don't want to use thrust on lol.

I can see why you dislike it but I'm just glad Guardian Ape phase 1 and him exist for the same of variety. One big valid complaint of modern From games is that they were all dodge + r1 fights, and the ones that weren't were shit tier gimmick fights. Sekiro has really good deflect-heavy swordfights which are this game's equivalent of dodge + r1 fights, and it also has Souls-style bosses like those two and it has two gimmick fights that are actually good. I do enjoy the Ape more than the Demon of Hatred though.

3 phases:
Phase 1: Take a sip from your fire resist gour,PARRY ERYTHING that can be parried, don't be a bitch, you are not going to die
Phase 2: take another sip from your fire resist gour, parry what can be parried dodge everything else
Phase 3: dodge his large circular attack, parry and attack until he's at about 80% health, then use your malcontent whistle to stun him, attack him until he recovers, do the same 2 more times, and he is dead
The boss is only hard if you try to dodge everything, learn to parry and he's much easier

Yeah, I had more trouble with old man Isshin.

>457050537
THISSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Was having trouble avoiding the poison fist from the ninja shinobi until i realised when you see the green just jump and that shit will miss 90% of the time unless you are in a bad spot or get stuck on someting.
If there is plenty of room it cant touch you

WOAH WOAH you can use confetti on her?!
Shit man i beat her the old fashioned way and just learned her paterns and had 8 heals in my gourd

Dude seriously all you have to do is wait till he jumps up in the air for the unblockable sweep and jjump over it and hit him twice when he lands and right after he will always do the big downward swing that you can parry for him to be stunned for like 6 seconds

For the second fight with the second monkey use firecrackers and finsih off the brown one and repeat the same strategy for the last encounter

I'll try this, thanks. I don't know why but I just can't get past phase one reliably. Every time he does that gay speed toward you attack I get clobbered. Maybe I'm playing too defensive, or maybe I'm shit

Oh don't get me wrong here. I liked Guardian ape, I even liked Guardian Ape + waifu, a lot. I just hate that faggot Demon so fucking much. That boss almost broke me. I got phase 3 so many times before he pulled some bullshit on me.

>Blocked an attack that does damage through your block.
>No damage.

Yeah, I bet it was real hard for the player in that webm.

I found his firecracker attack to be the easiest and most desired attack, if you dodge or run to his left (your right) it misses you even if it looks like you would be hit and you can get a good 2 HP hits in. For me the most difficult part of the fight is the timing of his swings, sometimes they come faster than I think they would and sometimes they come slower. It made me screw up the deflects very often. Another tip is that once he posture breaks you he'll do a quick grab, this grab is actually punishable so if you're near posture broken block one of his last swings so that he'll break it and not be able to keep swinging, he'll use the grab instead, dodge to his back and get 1-2 HP hits in. Of course this won't really be a thing when I do NG+ without the charm but luckily I'll be better at timing my deflects against him by then. I also found the phase 1 way harder. He's less aggressive in phase 2 and it feels like he gets posture broken more easily. I was very disheartened when I couldn't make it past phase 1 thinking it would take me forever to finish the fight, then I beat him the 2nd time I got to phase 2. The first time was very close too but I choked and he obliterated my HP bar with one big combo.

Yeah that attack is pretty annoying, if you think you got the timing you could spring/jump to the side and get in a few hits. I would just run away as soon as I saw him sheath his weapon because I didn't want to risk damage considering there are two other phases to deal with.

motherfucker, his defence in phase 2 is solid
only could attack him when he jumped on the ground

the fight took very long
not a fun fight

Attached: Untitled.jpg (3840x1600, 596K)

I'm fighting owl. Am I close to the end? it feels like it. Also, shadowrush or ashina cross?

Attached: 1514933625511.jpg (540x314, 17K)

It was parried and the second move was dodged.

t.resetera tranny that needs easy mode or souls crutches

Didn't know about the grab, I always unconsciously leap the fuck away when I see one. Learned that the hard way with Genichiro my first time beating him.

Well that's all well and good except for the fact those gust moves damage on both.

Learn to fucking parry Jesus fuck what's with snoys trying to play sekiro like fucking bloodborne

>have to do that grapple onto ledge part in mt kongo
>my retard character just won't grab after 20 attempts

Well what the fuck

Wait what, how do you do that? Just use the regular hat and block em?

Yeah, I don't know why it didn't do any damage. Maybe because I had an empty posture bar or a bug. I recorded that on my ps4.

Not that guy but I'm watching a friend play (when I'm not playing, we only have 1 PS4 so we take turns) and he always blocks and dodges, he can't beat Butterfly and he died like 20 times to the Chained Ogre, it's honestly jarring and cringy at this point.

so where do i get that stone thingy that kuro wants? dont know where to go after beating ape

Yeah the fire crackers are definitely scary for the damage output, I'd say it's around 80-90% myself. However with that said I think the jump kick he does is also honestly the hardest thing to deal with in this fight because the chances are if you rush him after he's done it you won't survive an exchange since your posture is likely to be broken from a combo or nearly broken to the point that you'll still need to recuperate. It does no damage sure but the distance it creates, the ranged opportunities he gets, the time it gives him to regain posture and the posture damage Sekiro takes from it completely changes the pace of the fight. If you compare it to approaching him with no posture lost then you can keep up a pretty big barrage of attacks so long as he doesn't use the kick. Phase 2 is definitely easier given that his teleport strikes are basically free damage for you.

>Beat Genichiro with my arms strapped to my ass
>Kuro Charm+Bell Demon Genichiro NG+4
Hey this boss became fun again.

By far the most important rite of passage in getting good at this game is realizing that deflecting and attacking are very important despite not doing HP damage to the enemy. Deflecting is obvious, because it builds up posture damage, but a lot of people don't realize attacking is also good even if you're getting blocked and even if you're getting deflected, since it forces the enemy into more manageable patterns giving you a better chance to deflect the counterattack while keeping their posture bar from going down. Some people don't realize this and they just run around all day trying to do HP damage to the boss, while others think deflecting is the only way to do posture damage yet they won't put pressure on the boss to keep the bar from going down, so the fight takes forever because they just sit there waiting for attacks completely passive. When played right Sekiro is more aggressive than BB.

Phase 2 is easier than phase 1.
>run away when he’s about to ree
>deflect his sword attacks
>deflect his falling attack and punish with spear
>hit him between his attacks
>jump over his slow sweep

Mibu village.

Go to where you first started the game in the ashina reservoir well. With the grappling hook you can swim to the back and hook yourself up to a new path. Keep going, you have a few areas to go through.

legit im waiting for an NPC, boss, or main character in one of these samurai games to mimick or pay omage to mifune or fucking nakadai.

Hit and run tactics are pretty good against tough enemies. Posture and health are linked. The less health an enemy has, the more posture damage they take and the slower it is to recover. It's usually a good tactic to wear them down before aiming to break their posture.

Imagine being this guy

>Died like 20 times to ogre
>After that any boss or miniboss took me at most 3 tries
>I killed owl, Ape and double ape at first try
I think its all about muscle memory really

Once you're good enough at an enemy and downloaded its patterns, playing overly aggressive is faster than fishing for punishes every time. The punishes present themselves naturally even when you two are locking swords and you'll build up enough posture damage to kill the enemy even while their HP is more than 3/4 full.

>Then use the spear to drag out the centipede in him for massive posture damage
What?

Attached: 1482876369287.jpg (406x480, 61K)

>soulsbabby

Literally everyone except you or Kuro that gains immortality are from centipedes that control you like a zombie. The ape is one such case. During the second stage, you can rip it out and attack it directly for massive damage.

It's true user

Attached: 814380_20190328140438_1.jpg (1920x1080, 1.13M)

I know that. I didn't know you could pull out the centipede inside the ape with the spear. I've completely ignored the spear because I didn't think it was useful at all.

Ackchually the centipedes don't seem to have a will of their own and control the bearer, at least not every time. The Senpou Priest that gives you the text has more than one centipede and he's still in control of his senses, and the training NPC has an even bigger centipede and he's completely "normal" aside from the whole not dying part.

OP I was stuck on him for like 5 hours, he is kinda bullshit but you just have to be really patient and not get pushy with damage even if it's annoying he takes so long to kill. in phase 1 you just have to make sure you are always behind him, he can barely hit you with his combos and it's way easier to get him into a downed state, use firecrackers and then sword combo him once he hits the ground, if you're fast you can get up to 10 hits into him before he moves. in phase 2 you need to be constantly staring at the boss, because during his sword combos he can randomly decide to do the scream or a swipe, when he does the huge aerial attack or the lunge, just jump over the big sweeps of each one, and hit him with 2-3 slashes, you should never get killed by fear even without using any pacifying.

Genichiro, rice loli and ayy lmaos don't have centipedes

I beat ori without confetti, apparently that's how you're supposed to beat her? it seems like she never gives any time to be attacked, even with confetti. but dodging her sweep and doing the air kick does like 40% posture so it seems like it's a posture fight

I think it all depends on the strength of the person and their pure of will.

Samurai dude seemed to have been a great warrior and got bored with immortality. I don't think it's explained how long he's been alive. You see a lot of monks running around with centipedes that come out of them in self defense, or like the Ape that basically becomes an empty shell

>Game makes a big deal out of the Mortal Blade
>"Lol I have another one." - Genichiro

Attached: 1493510571155.png (272x199, 80K)

whats the secret to beating the ninjas? parrying doesnt really work because he still does more posture damage

Yeah this is when I stopped playing. I would snap the disc but my brother is trying intermittently. I got filtered. But at least I didn’t get filtered that early.

I tried him again today got to his second phase and I’m done for today at least. This is the most soulsborne boss honestly but it’s like you are forced into one play style in this game which isn’t one I’m used to. I had some trouble with bloodborne at first but sekiro is too far my old souls habits diehard.

Like sekiro gives you even less options feels like a step back for me at least. At least in bloodborne you had different weapons. You are forced to be dex in sekiro with the gimmick of the prosthetic which is basically throwing knifes and fire bombs and some other stuff doesn’t feel right to me.

It's foreshadowed that there's another mortal blade. There's also a chest in the second phase of Ashina Castle that contains the text for the black mortal blade.

Attached: 814380_20190327162739_1.jpg (1920x1080, 713K)

You can eavesdrop on Isshin and Emma and also get a lore text that talks about it

Attached: 814380_20190328191140_1.jpg (1920x1080, 1.11M)

On weak enemies, sure. Minibosses and bosses, no. Their health and posture pools are too big with the exception of a few to warrant rushing in.

>Hasn't played the game.

It's incredibly useful against everything to be fair. The ability to pull enemies off balance and towards you guarantees a few extra hits.

They're all implied to get it through dragonspring water. Diving to the bottom of the lake in the fountainhead seems to show that the great carps harbor the larvae since they're scattered around the two corpses you find. It's further evidenced by the fact the Mibu village chief consumes the vase of water you get from there like a heroin addict.

This legit makes me wonder how many people actually got to that part. I don't know how you could not understand whats going on.

pls respond

>On weak enemies, sure. Minibosses and bosses, no. Their health and posture pools are too big with the exception of a few to warrant rushing in.
No, I meant specifically on bosses. You can kill Genichiro, Owl and such without the phase of running around fishing for HP openings. Way faster than with it, too. You just have to keep up the offense constantly, shurikens help a lot with Owl who constantly jumps backwards. Once you get him against a wall it's over for him, even against El Búho Padre.

Attached: bbgrave.jpg (883x1200, 304K)

If I go to Hirata State and beat Grandma can I still fight Owl 2?

Genchiro, Owl and Isshin are the exception. If you try that on Guardian ape, Demon of Hatred, Headless, etc. You're going to get slapped.

Have you not beaten lady butterfly yet? Ay lmao.

>Muh artificial dragon hybrid waifus created by desperate men
>Muh flask level-up lady
>Muh curse of undying
>Muh tragic wolf-themed hero with a gimp arm
>Muh giant pale dragon and giant archtree
>Muh obligatory puzzle boss
>Muh cycles
>Muh time travel to parallel timelines
>Muh questlines all end in tragedy
Glad to see Fromsoft stepping out of their comfort zone with this one!

Attached: 1327559179482.gif (250x250, 407K)

You are a massive shitter. Firecrackers make the first phase a massive fucking breeze.

>Muh time travel to parallel timelines
Literally never happens in this game

I beat phase 2 first time, but phase 1 i died to 2 times. You can just deflect it bro. Just be yourself and you'll win.

Attached: th.jpg (851x597, 47K)

>What is purification ending

Guardian Ape (phase 1), Demon of Hatred and Headless (along with Blazing Bull) are the only enemies this doesn't apply to because they're Dark Souls enemies and their posture and HP are basically the same (though you still have to deflect Headless). They're the exception themselves.

This is NG+3, does beating her fuck up the questline or not?

>Don't use Prosthetics "Because what if I need Spirit Emblems later?", leading to me having 700 spare Spirit Emblems in reserve
>I could die 40 times using all of my Spirit Emblems and STILL not fucking run out
>Don't want to use Divine Confetti because I don't want to run out in case I need it later
>Never use any items or heal Dragonrot because I might run out of Dragonrot tears
>Pretty much every drop in the game is consumable stuff that I will never use

This game is hell for crazy people like me

Attached: 1497904011203.png (584x551, 127K)

>what is i can't talk counter that as i haven't gotten that ending yet

Phase 2 is easier why so many people complain about it?

In phase 2 you just need to look at the sword to parry
It's super easy to read

Anyone have the toad pepe shitting on Sekiro?

Poison Pools is the only area of the game where the grapple arm felt like a fun part of combat instead of just a mobility tool, why the fuck weren't there more areas with momentum grapples.

Autism. You can farm most of the items you need. Game drops a lot of tears. You won't be using them all unless you're really bad. In the end I only ended up only using 3.

What does it mean?

Attached: ape.jpg (3048x1516, 1.05M)

FEAR THE OLD BLOOD

This user is right, he has a good head on his shoulder.

Just use Confetti on the orb spellcasters, Headless are worthless, meanwhile orb bois all drop useful shit.

>Literally HAVE to do NG+ if you want to fully upgrade all prosthetics
GOOD JOKE FROM.

>Sekiro was just a presequel to BB all along.

MIYAZAKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

The mist forest's headless drops one of the best items in the game

What's he drop?

>Pthumerians were just ancient weebs who brought centipede aids back to Europe
Could be the other way around, too.

Why does she look like that fucking goblin from the UK?
Isn't she supposed to be attractive?

I'm waiting for the dlc boss who throws lightning and then jumps into the air so he can lightning reversal your reversal.

Headless drop re-usable sugars.

He drops a reusable invisibility sugar that lets you cheese encounters constantly without worrying about running out.

To me, Sekiro isn't hard. It just isn't fun. I killed Geni in 3 tries, Lady Butt in 6 and demon ape in 2. The most fun I had with a boss was Geni. That's it.

???
It's the same bonus to stealth and there's only 2-3 areas in the game where you need the sugar boost to ambush a miniboss.

But then why not reverse the reversal that's already been reversed?

>>Never use any items or heal Dragonrot because I might run out of Dragonrot tears
That's fucking stupid. You'll never run out unless you kill yourself on purpose hundreds of times.
I finished the game with at least 10 left and died 25+ times on 4 different bosses.

No, that specific attack at the very least can be deflected with proper timing.
I don't know about the other charge attacks.

Does no one use the iron umbrella to block his scream so you can attack right after?

From software habitually reuse assets.

best fight hands down

Attached: Sekiro - last boss phase 2.webm (782x440, 2.94M)

wtf user

Attached: 1554051338014.jpg (1023x1448, 578K)

It always helps, makes you almost undetectable as long as you're not running in front of people and you get to ambush the hard enemy and mindcontrol it trivializing every hard normally enemy encounter that you can see coming.

DLC bosses;
>Horseman but hard this time
>Tomoe
>Future Timeline Sekiro(Shura)
>More monkeys?
>Super Centipede???

tengu? and some other jap mythological creatures

>Now remember Genchiro, when you fight you must constantly jump around like an idiot as to give your opponent free hits
>Also only block like half the time and get your bow out even if the enemy is in melee range
>This is the way of Tomoe

That's not my experience at all, at first I struggled but when I learned how to dodge he's easier. Literally all you have to do is hold his left leg.

Why the fuck is Emma harder than Isshin. I used to love her but now that love has turned into hatred

I should probably mention I'm on NG+, I doubt she hurts this much normally. I got 18 Vitality and she takes 60% of it away with one regular little cut sometimes

>he fell for the NG+ meme

I like that she's secretly one of the hardest bosses. Reminds me of Unohana from Bleach.

Attached: Unohana.jpg (1066x1600, 77K)

>she takes 60% of it away with one regular little cut sometimes
The final strike in any enemy combo seems to do like 1.5x the damage of all the other strikes, even if it looks exactly the same as the other hits

Is that what those weird yellow worms were, centipede larva?

Why is NG+ a meme? I want to use all my learned skills and all my new prosthetics against Lady Butterfly, the horse guy etc. Also it's like a boss rush. And every other boss has been easy until I reached her

Nice argument there. It’s great I ya e to use all my spirit emblems on the first phase. You are the true massive shitter. I wish I pirated this piece of shit.

Just rip her cunt open

Attached: sekiroemma3.jpg (1262x866, 433K)

Yup

I do, it's just I struggle to not have her take my revive or ~5 of my gourds before I even start facing Old Isshin

You gotta get the distances down. Parry his sword attacks, learn to jump over the swipe so you can stay close. When he dives and does the super cheap swipe just run into his side.

2nd phase is only harder because you have to get through the 1st phase repeatedly to learn the rythym.

Makes more sense now since the watering hole was also connected to the Dragonspring

>malcontent whistle
I cannot for the life of me get the fucker who drops the ring to show up

How about a combo where they sweep and instantly throw a shuriken so you eat shit if you try to stomp them.