Is this the first good article Kotaku produced in the past 7-8 years...

Is this the first good article Kotaku produced in the past 7-8 years? It feels like something from the "old media" of 90s.
Blast from the plast.

Attached: 1538542696587.png (1215x860, 1.46M)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamasutra.com/view/news/339951/Devs_recall_moments_of_instability_indecision_and_crunch_on_Anthem.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's good because it's just reporting what someone else with video game experience said rather than why samus should be a transgender

Jason Schrier sounds exactly as I expected him too.

Sniveling Jewish simp.

>took 11 years to realize western games suck
>took 11 years to realize bioware sucks
No, Kotaku is not good in my opinion

Jason Schreier does some amazing, deep-dive long reads. I don't always agree with a number of clickbait and puff pieces on Kotaku, but I will always appreciate seeing something well-researched by Schreier.

Are you seriously upset by actual investigative journalism?

>No, Kotaku is not good in my opinion
No one here said it is good.
One good article does not mean that.

How would I know, do you think I read Kotaku?
For what kind of subhuman do you take me for?

but why would anyone on this planet need to read one article to realize something that is obvious?

Doesnt "reading Kotaku" implies you read it on constant basis? Like you would read "Washington Post" every morning because you've subscribed?

Reading one article does not mean any of that. I'm not pushing you to do that, just explaining my point.

I watched my buddy play this game and it looked like the most boring shit ever

No I'm upset by the small kosher potato who does it

Think you can find yourself here on your own or you need mommy to help you?

Attached: 1545380225065.gif (4967x3508, 1.27M)

>polygon

Attached: uuy.png (822x844, 222K)

"please sir, may I please have just a crumb of clickies??"

It's actually a decent article. I don't really like Schreirer, he's a bit of a faggot. But he does carry Kotaku on his back. He should leave and do his own thing imo.

He's right though, the guy sounds exactly like the faggy little SJW dipshit that he is.

Why does he deserve praise for doing what real journalists do regularly? Oh wow he interviewed people instead of just writing opinion piece #4242422....and that's a good thing!

To know that its the "only good article in 8 years" means you have to read that shit during that time

the main reason Anthem flopped was due to sjws and feminists. I doubt that they talk about that however in the article

So fucking what OP. They are as wrong as they can possibly be about everything else, all the time, and by almost every possible metric.

Attached: 1546860082446.jpg (1046x1035, 94K)

Fair point.

Are they saying anything new, or are they just jumping on a bandwagon? If it's the latter, than no, It's not good.

By that logic rdr2 should have flopped

Why are you so aggressive?

so basically EA isn't actually to blame for this, it's Bioware's own incompetence and the edmonton team basically just being idea guys while the actual developers in austin telling them their ideas won't work

What "new"? It just good article about videogames. Do you expect some illuminati discoveries?

I'm always aggressive. Best defense is aggression. See, it confused you and made you asking question and doubt, instead of acting,
I won.

lol ok sweaty.......

Attached: images.jpg (300x168, 8K)

Well if Jason Shreier hates it I have to buy it

Attached: 1546581345397.png (513x323, 137K)

so you're praising fuckin kotaku for shitting on a game literally every other gaming magazine and jourlanist has already shat on?
fuck off

You just argued against yourself in your own post dipshit

>One mandate from Anthem’s directors had been to make the game “unmemeable,” a reaction to Mass Effect: Andromeda‘s jittery facial animations, which became an internet joke in the days leading up to that game’s release.

Bahahaha

Seems like a mix between both. The article paints the devs in a fairly positive light, which is to be expected when your only sources are devs. But it seems as though EA managed the project poorly with the reallocation of devs between 4 or 5 different games in different locations often thousands of miles apart, as well as the switch to Frostbite which seems to have hit BioWare the hardest and the reliance on BioWare being able to pull everything together after a troubled development in the three months before a games release, as they had done with the Mass Effect trilogy and Dragon Age: Inquisition.
Personally I'd be really interested in hearing the same story from a few of EA's higher ups but the idea of execs going tit for tat with their employees in a public way like that is just so unlikely.

Read the article,retards
You dont even know what it is about

let me guess.. is about how bad the working conditions were and how much we need an union?

Not really.

Yeah he does a good job when he does a deep dive into a piece about a companies corporate culture and does an in-depth post mortem. Unfortunately on every other topic he's a cuck who takes stands on the stupidest issues because they're "problematic."

>the main reason Anthem flopped was due to sjws and feminists.
>muh SJWs and feminism
Shut the fuck up retard.

I appreciate the new information from the anonymous devs and shit but the writing of the actual article is trash

um okay what the fuck

Holy shit just take the 10 minutes required to read the article before you post something as retarded as this and make yourself look like a complete fucking moron.

no, he just does what his handlers tell him to

Here is the article about the article in the Op if you are so retarded and afraid to read the original:
gamasutra.com/view/news/339951/Devs_recall_moments_of_instability_indecision_and_crunch_on_Anthem.php

Schrier does actual journalism about videogames, involving investigative reporting and cultivating trustworthy contacts within the industry. This recent article about Anthem is another in a long line of him creating the definitive report on a game or situation.

Journalism and reviews or critiques should never be confused. In either direction. Just like how most videogame "journalists" are actually just PR people either regurgitating a company's press release or writing editorials, Schrier's abilities and resources in journalism don't necessarily crossover into worthwhile reviews. Schrier's videogame reporting may be second to none, but on a personal review basis he's frequently been off the mark and seems to have very little understanding of many aspects of actual videogames. Pretty much anytime he opens his mouth to give a personal opinion about videogames he says something kind of retarded.

Attached: 1545848442743.jpg (1217x1089, 500K)

Jason Scheier sounds like an SJW until you ask him about the State of Palestine.

>Among those who work or have worked at BioWare, there’s a belief that something drastic needs to change. Many at the company now grumble that the success of 2014’s Dragon Age: Inquisition was one of the worst things that could have happened to them.
DAI was actually successful?

For those that haven't read it and want a tl;dr

>BioWare Edmonton is used to fucking around until crunch time when suddenly everything comes together
>Games can't really be made like that anymore
>EA pulled devs from Anthem to help put FIFA on Frostbite
>EA pulled the other Bioware studios in to help finish Anthem
>Management in Edmonton got very angry when people would want to talk about Destiny and avoiding its problems
>Management ignored all advice from Austin (SWTOR) about how to make a service game
>Management ignored all internal dev team worries about quality
>Dev team had little idea what they were actually working on because management kept changing the game every few days
>EA forced them to release by March because they needed it for the fiscal quarter
>Frostbite is a jank engine for this type of game and EA dedicates all of its support personnel to FIFA/Madden/Battlefield because those make more money.

It's really an issue of EA being EA, and Edmonton management thinking they are better than Austin. The article talks about how Edmonton devs look down on Austin as "not real Bioware". The great irony is that Austin is now tasked with fixing Edmonton's game post launch.

Look I dont even know who Scheier is nor if he is or not an SJW nor do I care. Fro all I know this is the first and last article from him I've read. It was about him, it was just about a nice decent article I've read that reminded me these long-ass detailed articles I've read in some game megazines in 90s

Attached: 1549784488522.jpg (1090x1200, 117K)

This. The dude does great actual journalism when he does actual journalism. But his opinions are hot garbage and he understands nothing about video games.

>giving kotaku a visit
spotted the retarded goy

>Look I dont even know who Scheier is

holy fuck lurk moar

It got good press and was Bioware's best selling game. By the metrics company's care about, it was a very successful. However, even then it was clear the game had problems. It's just selling well and geting GOTY awards made the company overlook those flaws, something people have said would happen to company's countless times. Rewarding bad products just leads to more bad products.

Critically yes. Commercially, I'm not sure how successful it was.

>what are archive sites?

I don't even care enough about kotaku to look at the archive. Nothing on that site could ever be worth my time. Begone, shill

>Jason the pedo Schreier
That creepy fuck probably made most of it up, how many times this jew has to get caught slandering people, making shit up or trying to get his rivals blacklisted for made up shit before people stop taking him seriously?
There isnt a year this fucker wasnt involved in some controversy but here he is yet again.

Also fucking Kotaku threads.