What are you playing?

Attached: c4_2.png (800x1000, 414K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/games/282900/announcements/detail/1814295005573724669
romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=23958.0
mega(DOT)nz/#!XxUxVagT!F6h4GcUfwXQfMZiRCR2zBeY8AAEWJNKt3sUE2jeJZ_I
youtube.com/watch?v=9WYRQXrn7YM&
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Beat Ys 6, thinking of playing Muramasa Rebirth or LoH: TitS next.
Mary Skelter was ok

Attached: 1528398960200.gif (500x650, 839K)

Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition. Near the end of the game, but it'll probably still be awhile before I'm done with it since I wanted to do as many of the sidequests as possible.

Nelke is a lot better than I was expecting. It's even more town management than I was expecting, but after the initial tutorials ended and it ended up being a lot simpler than it seemed it became enjoyable. It is mostly fan service, though.
The character models are surprisingly decent, though. Hell, the animations are shit since it's mostly with 2D portraits this time, but the models themselves look a lot better than the ones in Lulua do.

Attached: 20190402164708_1.jpg (1920x1080, 470K)

Tio's 3rd game!

Attached: 322270329755926528.png (128x123, 40K)

Earthbound. Still in Onett and getting the hang of combat.

Ys origin
I want to play something new but I end up replaying stuff so I don't have to learn new systems and I can budget my time better

Sekiro
Risk of rain 2
Outward

Are there major spoilers if you haven't played the previous Ateliers

No. To begin with the games are all generally slice of life without much plot to them, but the only thing Nelke shares is the characters, who are mostly all isekai'd to Nelke's world in the state of their own game's incarnation. But still, if you haven't played the other Atelier games I doubt it'd be particularly enjoyable to you, unless you have a real hard-on for town building and item production management.

Attached: 20190401135604_1.jpg (1920x1080, 321K)

Playing this janky pile of shit and I kinda like it. Has anyone managed to play it windowed without having the mouse permanently stuck inside it until you exit? Using DxWnd.

Attached: arcturus.png (1024x768, 1.98M)

Death end re;quest, just wish I had more time to actually play it.

Gretel Best Girl

>arcturus
This is that game Gravity made before RO, right?

Is that PC or docked Switch or PS4?

Dragon Quest 2
I just got the boat and the fucking snails and hawkmen are kicking my ass. Is this where im supposed to be going right now?

Attached: SmartSelect_20190402-154250_DQ2.gif (514x335, 1.02M)

is Veola in this game?

Attached: Veola.jpg (1163x1200, 353K)

Mary Skelter was a very mediocre dungeon crawler, and it didn't have enough fanservice to make up for it.

How is it? Thinking of playing the pc version when it comes out this summer. It better than Caligula Effect?

>RB Run

Nice catch. I can't read apparently.

Haven't seen her, but so far all the characters have been unlocked in the series' chronological order, so I haven't gotten to Iris yet.

>I just got the boat

You poor bastard. The only worse part is when you face waves of Gold Batboons.

Anything would be better than Caligula Effect

DQ2 is a nightmare. I hope you're using the guide from the wiki because it will basically have you travelling the entire world looking for invisible items. I attempted it for five hours without and couldn't find them. Gave up, found them in less than an hour with a guide.

Tales of Symphonia.
Going to get around to finishing Trails in the Sky SC one of these days.

Replaying TWEWY. Still amazing.

Probably CHs best game yet, I haven't played a lot of JRPGs lately though so can't really compare it to other modern ones.
PC port is shit though

Attached: 20190331150947_1.jpg (1920x1080, 254K)

DQ IX and a Pokemon HGSS solo run.
I want to check out Ys, but I'm also interested in Fire Emblem, SMT and Persona. Also want to play DQ 7 8 and 11.

>PC port is shit though
It is out? And why is it shit?

The town building and item production management seem neat. Nelke is also cute, so I'm in somewhat of a rush to play her game. I know going back and completing the older games will take a couple hundred hours and it may not be worth just to do that for Nelke. I want to enjoy them after all.

Gave up on Shining resonance Refrain

currently playing tales of Bersaria and labyrinth refrain

Might try to finish Tales of Zestria again, replay tales of Symphonia or Trillion

Attached: Xil.gif (420x237, 996K)

Tokyo Xanadu Ex. It's mediocre as hell but I intend to 100% it eventually.

Attached: tokyo.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

No, but graphical options are awful in that it's locked to 1080p max and no AA.
Orochi 4 Engine means there's no way to modify the game to look better yet, maybe when it launches someone might figure it out though.

Attached: 7a46282ed312f550b3a3e9ca0a299484.png (1913x1105, 494K)

Playing FE Awakenings. First jRPG. Probably play SMT4 after.

i was gonna play that twin sister atelier game but it feeled like a crash grab so i just deleted it.

Also who is this semen demon?

>Veola was secretly super-good at fighting and collecting rare materials if she bothered to leave her shop
>But she was embarassed to have others see her fight, so she did it as little as possible

I need to see how she does it. I must know.

Currently finishing up a 100% FFX run on Steam (Just need to kill Penance)

Trying to decide between Death end re;Quest (would rather just wait for the PC port), Caligula Overdose, Tales of Vesperia Definitive, or just playing through Grandia again because I'm tired of waiting for the remaster.

Attached: normal_viki.jpg (500x429, 35K)

I am not a graphics fag. As long as performance is good for my anime game I'll be fine.

Sure, beyond the resolution I haven't found any issues with the port.

Play Mary Skelter.

Attached: gretel.png (600x800, 148K)

Why did you give up?

is it any good?

wait wtf isn't even out on PC

I really wanted to like this game, but around the time they introduced the 5th or 6th secret shadowy organization that was secretly plotting things in secret, I just completely tuned out and lost interest.
I'll try to go back to it someday.

It's probably the closed beta because NISAcvcks love to work for free.

I found combat to be very clunky. Especially midway through Binging Tales games.

I will probably get back to it at some point. Does it get better?

IFI, not NISA

right now, i'm juggling trails of cold steel on ps4 and chocobo's mystery dungeon on switch.
i also finished the main story in pic related last night, just have to do the postgame dungeon now.

Attached: BraveDungeon.jpg (1000x1000, 403K)

steamcommunity.com/games/282900/announcements/detail/1814295005573724669

i loved both, personally. it's not a fair comparison, though, because caligula is a persona/tokyo mirage sessions type of game while death end is its own thing.

Attached: 71616514_p0.jpg (800x1132, 1.45M)

Fatso detected.

Attached: FattiesBTFO.webm (900x506, 2.85M)

Holy shit you can't be fucking serious. Don't listen to this absolute zoomer, , I played the game for the first time earlier this year and it's completely playable without a guide if you actually pay attention to the NPCs like you're supposed to.
The only thing I'd argue is kinda gay is it's easy to miss the map, which is a pretty big deal. If you want to know where that is, go east directly after getting the boat. Look for the map from there.
Also if you're playing the translated SNES version like your pic suggests, do NOT sleep at the free inn in the water town. The translation patch has a bug that will softlock your game if you do, but it won't happen immediately, so you'll only figure that out way down the road.

The Neptunia games including VIIR are like this. they will never patch it.

VIIR is the first game to use Orochi 4 no? The point is that the older games had fan modifications that overwrote the resolution and AA (GeDoSaTo and megaresolution neptunia).
But that's not possible with the new engine anymore, it's not a very commonly used on to start with.

Can anyone recommend me a comfy JRPG with a good story? I want to play something with my best friend who's visiting me this week.

Any JRPGs like this?

Dropped skelter, SO BORING. Holy jesus the gameplay is trash, and the dungeons are so large, seriously its like playing a game dedicated to very very large mazes with multiple floors. It was 2 hours after my last saved state, and I ended up dying, uninstalled it after. Got no time for this dungeon crawler shit.

That's from the anime adaptation of Caligula Effect.

Tales of Graces has a co-op mode, iirc. Failing that, Legend of Mana or FFT: WotL

Yeah, that's the one.

Can't go wrong with Secret of Mana (or any of the mana games) I guess.
Eternal Sonata is pretty "comfy", and it's co-op.

I don't know, that's why I asked.
I just installed it and put it on my backlog but I was looking forward to playing further since the girls are cute and I like the song magic thing.

Any Atelier game
Tales series are hit or miss but usually pretty comfy.
Star ocean: the last hope if you enjoy the crafting and cutscenes,

It depends on your version of comfy. For me its rooting around for rare items/materials for crafting and a lighthearted vibe.

I just beat KH3, FFXV, and FFXV and loved all 3 games Right now I'm debating on weather or not I should start World of FF, Vesperia, or DQVIII

Attached: __hero_and_jessica_albert_dragon_quest_and_dragon_quest_viii_drawn_by_dramatica__1698be26587e7e94fa1 (750x658, 111K)

Fuck I meant Persona 5 (though in the end I liked 4 a bit more)

>Dying in such an easy dungeon crawler

Attached: 1514506581710.png (1687x949, 1.8M)

>its like playing a game dedicated to very very large mazes with multiple floors.
Damn exactly what I want in a game.

Got a ton on my backlog, any idea how I should prioritize them?
Some among the top of my list:
steambot chronicles, rune factory 4, trillion, natural doctrine, muramasa, mary skelter, ar tonelico, seiken densetsu 3

Ar Tonelico, then play ATII, skip 3/Qoga

Attached: mule.png (500x500, 361K)

That's the point where I dropped it. Christ where the fuck do you go?

octopath traveler

Attached: 1527764293241.jpg (1200x811, 142K)

Any more JRPGs like Death End Request and Mary Skelter where people power up by becoming naked?
Asking for a friend.
Nudity is his fetish.

forgot to delete the game folder hehe

Attached: 1530425289238.png (486x238, 25K)

What is this? MAry Skelter?

Ni No Kuni
just got the thief guy, going all the way back to the beginning for the green chests is going to be annoying as hell
do I get a warp spell at some point

Is the new EO any good?

Not really playing anything right now. Just waiting for something that has romance to come out.

Attached: 65595215_p9_master1200.jpg (777x578, 459K)

>playing
Going to start EO Nexus when finals are done.
I'm trying to find some good recs for a friend.
As far as his taste goes, he hated Pokemon Gen 7 (but adores Gen 6), hates Etrian Odyssey games, loved Fantasy Life, and liked Fire Emblem Fates (Birthright was the only one he bought). Other things to note are that he enjoyed FE Awakening but married only his avatar off, and killed most of the optional characters like Tharja without realizing he could recruit them, and he's a huge smashfag.
I asked him about what he liked about the Pokemon games and he says he enjoys freedom of exploration and dislikes excessive dialogue.

going for true end in Totori

Attached: 1480191885457.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

it's great if you completed all the others

My nigga. Replaying it as well. Tin Pin Slammer is fun as fuck, man.

Attached: 17DF0187-C251-4D4C-A395-D6B8D4628A36.jpg (640x556, 152K)

Almost done with Ys VIII and I'm very tired of the game. The only good parts of the game are Dana's story and characters in general, gameplay is incredibly boring (although that's to be expected from Falcom ARPG), the only character interesting to play as is orange Dana, and I just want the game to end already, but will probably finish the last bunch of quests.

What should I play next? I'm choosing between Valkyria Chronicles, Death End re;Quest, Blue Reflection, and Utaware Zan.

Redpill me Yea Forums, is NieR: Automata really this good?
> RPGFan Review
> Story/Characters: 99/100
> OST: 98/100
> Graphics: 95/100
> Gameplay: 95/100
> Controls: 90/100
> Overall: 97/100

did he try Dragon Quest Monsters and SMT?

Why don't you try it and find out for yourself fag?

can someone here recommend me some solid weeb games on steam? im honestly hardly familiar with JRPGs, so anything is fine, i just only have PC

Attached: 27973771_204019780151687_8967053041659024471_n.jpg (582x582, 35K)

I'm not going to recommend a game unless you tell me what you're looking for

Just finished XBC2: Torna. It didnt really reveal much that wasnt already explained in XBC2 but it was short, fun, and monolithsoft knows how to build gorgeous worlds. I got Tales of Vesperia the other day so I will play that after Sekiro.

Seriously start with something like FFVII or Chrono trigger if you are that new.

Man I wish they'd make a new growlanser

It's alright, nothing amazing but decently fun dungeon crawler imo
got cute girls in it if that's your thing
great soundtrack too

Soon.

Attached: 1530538581172.jpg (1280x720, 219K)

I doubt he's ever heard of DQM but he didn't seem interested when I told him about SMT in general, especially when I mentioned the part about demons. I can't tell if he's as strict with his religion as he was when I first met him, the dude vapes and drinks a lot now.

dark souls

PC release when?

Does God Eater count as a jrpg?

Sure

why? they ranged from terrible to bad

Metal Max Xeno arrived in the mail today.

It's okay but damn that Spider Boss kicked my ass.

At least I now have a 2nd guy who I threw into the buggy (which kinda sucks right now)

Idk why I started replaying PSU. It has a weird charm to it but the gameplay is even more jank than I remember

Dana was the best part, really sucks her forms are only available in the past sequences.
And of those games, VC or DERQ. Blue Reflection is absolute trash and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

N:A is pretty damn overrated, but it's still a solid game.

If you're simply looking for a basic jRPG, CT or one of the FFs, but if you're specifically looking for a simple weeb jRPG, then go with Neptunia Re;Birth1

They will probably put it on PC close to or at the same time as they localize the other versions

Only an idiot would skip the final game in the series

GL1 was pretty damn good, sucks that it's also the only one that's still untranslated.

That is literally the game he's trying to talk shit about.

Just went back to playing 2 and 3, I like em a lot. Not a big fan of 4 and 5. Actually I quite hate the latter 2.

Make sure that you play any jrpg on a xbox one x of its available. ToV on an xbox one x shits all over the ps4 pro version.

Good Story, Loveable Characters, Music, Gameplay that isn’t shit

How is the God Eater series? Is it literally monster hunter with anime?

Final game or not, Qoga is garbage.

Langrisser is better.

start with emulation
>SNES
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy VI (titled Final Fantasy III in USA)
Earthbound
Dragon Quest 3 (you'll have to get an english patched version though, or play the official english release on GBC titled Dragon Warrior 3)
>GBA
Final Fantasy V Advance
Golden Sun and Golden Sun The Lost Age
Mario & Luigi - Superstar Saga
>PS1
Final Fantasy Origins (only for best release of Final Fantasy 1 if you want to try it, the mainline titles have no relation to eachother so you don't have to start with it but it's a decent JRPG still)
Final Fantasy VII
Xenogears

Loveable characters? It's a Taro game

>Gameplay that isn’t shit
Look for a better game. Nier is braindead easy

these are just some starting recs, there are plenty of other great games on those systems though that I'm sure other people can add/vouch for

>Final Fantasy VI (titled Final Fantasy III USA)
lol why did they do that?

>GBA FFV
Wait, why the GBA version?

Growlanser 1 had really boring gameplay though, I just used autobattle for most of the game since it was almost entirely mindless filler fights that didn't matter and wasted time.

The Sky Trilogy

Attached: 1552769655383.jpg (216x351, 36K)

A2 and Pod 042 are fucking great.

Curious, what specifically did you hate about 4?

>all this entry level shit
You guys have awful taste in jrpgs.

Attached: yikes.jpg (689x720, 297K)

Night of Azure

It's pretty shit but has yuri and big anime tiddies. Gameplay is alright.

Attached: biganimetiddies.jpg (1280x720, 190K)

And it's still part of the series and has an extremely important role in its setting and history, no matter how much you try to claim otherwise

Because they didn't bring 2, 3 or 5 stateside until AFTER the series became fuckheug and earned Square more money than God?

Please tell me of your obscure and flawless jrpg taste then.

If we're getting into emulation, SMRPG is probably one of the best "first jRPGs" you can play.

Extra content, good translation, doesn't have the mobile interface of the PC port.

>langrisser
>it takes 2 hours to complete a battle that should take 10 minutes
>AI is retarded
>zero challenge
>zero balance
>story is really cheesy and contrived
I mean you're not wrong but you're also not saying much

BIG TIDDIES

Attached: 1550371167073.webm (668x720, 544K)

not him, GBA has a somewhat better interface, buxfixes, more liberal translation (where SFC was slightly stiff) and bonus content.
I strongly recommend the sound and color patch though

graphic and sound quality wise it's the worst but it's still fine, I'd say gba because best translation and not fucked by PS1 loadtimes
that said the SNES release with an english patch would be fine too, wouldn't have the added content though

Guess I should have stuck an image on this.

Attached: rain.gif (500x475, 982K)

Does good PC optimization exist for jrpgs? It seems like they all have issues. Nier on PC was plagued with problems.

dumb kiraraposter.

does this maybe have a fan translation or something?

Post what Jrpg are you playing then tough guy

It's the fucking best, a jRPG fan treat.

Implied yuri or straight up lesbians?

Just played pic related
>Some good ideas
>All of them executed badly

Sega why

Attached: Sands of destruction.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

Lemme guess, you’re that Touhou Labyrinth guy.

resonance of fate is comfy

>It's okay but damn that Spider Boss kicked my ass.
Just break it and spam whatever cannon you have, it's a tutorial boss in the easiest MM game.

Can someone recommend the best JRPGs on 3DS? All these years and its RPG library still seems kinda small. Playing Radiant Historia atm which is pretty good. Anything else good other than the shin megami tensei games and rune factory?

I would like a decent story (preferably with romance) or even VNs if the 3DS has any good ones.

Attached: 1514788735358.png (687x696, 24K)

Oh I remember that. Some things were so dumb and bad it felt like the game was melting my brain.

Hey is fairy fencer any good? I can get a bundle for 5 bucks

Fatlus pretty much dissolved the Careersoft team after they made them do the DeSu games, Urushihara also doesn't do any real work outside of a few covers once in a while, tough shit.

Stella Glow is a hidden gem.

Lord of Magna is pretty good, I'm not much of a expert on 3DS stuff in general though.

FFVII. Just need to beat the Weapons and Northern Crater and I'll have the platinum. Then onto Cold Steel.

Alliance Alive
Bravely Default
Super Mario RPG
Etrian Odyssey IV

Devil survivor 1 and 2 are pretty great

>All these years and its RPG library still seems kinda small.
It is, a good portion of it is DS remaster and the rest is just the usual bunch of decent games in a sea of trash.
I'd suggest playing Metal Max 4 and The Alliance Alive, maybe Culdcept ReVolt too if you classify it as a JRPG.

Haven't played the original, but ADF is ok.

FF7 with mods is pretty great. Also, PCs are great for emulation. In that regard, you have four decades of JRPGs to pick from.

>Just break it and spam whatever cannon you have

Break?

My afroamerican mcniggers

romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=23958.0
you're in luck user

>romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=23958.0
thanks
now only need to find the actual game :D

thanks for the reccs

I compare it to GBA's library and it's a tad disappointing. Even the PSP had more JRPGs I think. Kinda sad. Obviously games are getting into higher production values and more costly over the years but still.

Playing FFVII for the second time, maybe this time I will actually finish it.

>Break?
Ugh, did you even read the manual or pay attention to the game, user?
Bosses in MMX have a shield break bar that depletes if you use attacks with the proper elemental weakness.
Once you break the shield your attacks will be immensely stronger and you'll also get a massive drop boost, if you ain't breaking their shields good fucking luck doing anything at all.

Attached: 2018-04-25-142204.jpg (960x544, 126K)

yo-kai watch series
ever oasis
fantasy life
stella glow
gurumin 3d

where can you find the game itself?

>Ugh, did you even read the manual
It's 2019, what games even come with manuals?

>or pay attention to the game, user?
I did see that it had a symbol that looked like a fire in a shield but I tried using fire attacks but got wrecked by it so I shifted to a lighting build (since it's weak to lighting and neutral to fire) and somehow managed to win.

Also, I have never broken anything before. Things usually died before I could get that far.

Any pointers for Earthbound? Trying it for the first time.

I don't think Dark Cloud 2 counts, but some might say it does. I'm doing a challenge run of it, which should be done soon. It was sadly not any where near as good as I thought it was going to be. I also don't see a way to make a future one any better. It seems like it's a game that just can't have a good challenge run.

It's been a while since I've done an FF13 challenge, so I'll probably get another one of those done next.

>It's 2019, what games even come with manuals?
Digital manuals are a thing, hell there's even an ingame manual you can read, pretty sure Po-M also gives you various hints when you talk to her, or maybe it was D'annunzio.

>Any pointers for Earthbound? Trying it for the first time.

Two big ones early on:
1. When you enter the shack on Onett for the mountain, leave and talk to the people outside, you get a good armor
2. While Slingshots and Yo-yos are stronger, they have a bad hit rate not worth the bad accuracy.

I'll check the help menu again. At least 2 people means I have a better survival chance.

Wasn't able to find the site where I got it, so here's a fresh upload. It's supposedly a more recent Korean release based on the Falcom-localized Japanese version, so it still works with the translation patch.
mega(DOT)nz/#!XxUxVagT!F6h4GcUfwXQfMZiRCR2zBeY8AAEWJNKt3sUE2jeJZ_I

>mfw in a week I will stuck in a town on buttfuck nowhere for a month because job
>No internet
Help a nigga out user, give me some spicy recommendations, preferably games for PS1

Attached: Yusei.png (228x294, 65K)

Thanks. Should I grind before a boss? Also what do the butterflies do?

Xenogears, Valkyrie Profile, Persona 2 Eternal Punishment
Revelations: Persona for spicy black Mark

Attached: B7MYBH9IAAAy0tk[1].jpg (640x686, 80K)

>Should I grind before a boss?
Not really. Plus I will give you another freebee: The first boss is a back to back fight, the second fight attacks every other turn, and if you die to fight 2, you go back to the fight at automatically jump to fight 2.

>Also what do the butterflies do?
20 PP for the whole party. There is one guaranteed to appear in the outside area of the first sanctuary guardian.

Death is nothing in this game, you just get kicked back to your last hotel, lose half your money that you have on hand, and lose all PP.

muh

Is Ni no Kuni 2 any good?

the first one is better

Dark Souls 3. Not as good as the other 2 imo.
Once I am done with it I will go back to playing Xenoblade 2 ng+ some more or finally start labyrinth of refrain.

I miss being NEET, don't have time to play jrpgs any more

Pretty meh, the story isn't sure what age demographic to cater to and the real-time timers on the city management are every bit as shit as they were in Dragon Age Inquisition. Slightly better characters than the average Tales game though.

Pokemon black...makes me want to play soulsilver again, but the music is nice

FF9, Chrono Cross, and Suikoden 2 were my favorite JRPGs from that gen. Also look into Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete, FF Tactics, Legend of Mana, Breath of Fire 3, and Parasite Eve 2 .

Getting through SMT 4 Apocalypse, man did the first one have such a shit story. This is so much better, even if I'm having to troll through long gaps to get to the next bit. Might lower the difficulty to get through it faster, but I feel it's wrong to do that in a SMT game.

Anyone play Demon Gaze 2? Might get it on PS4

Dragon Quest 11 currently, think i will finally finish persona 5 new game + after that

Attached: 1523073182539.jpg (860x1075, 104K)

Bump.

finished refrain awhile back it was pretty god is mary skelter worth picking up?

That's a good game user

Tfw I just got to Baba Velkuvrana and I'm getting my ass kicked even with the Great Sage pact

Attached: 1553716614211.png (331x296, 116K)

i beat a half of the postgame then my hardrive died so rip saves.

Gave up on SMT4 once I encountered a battle that's a guaranteed ambush and wipes me 6 times in a row and having to sit through that retarded long "do u wanna revive? lol this is exactly the same as reloading a save except it costs you money btw" screen and put the game back in the box, probably gunna find a buyer because I can't fucking stand it anymore.

Don't know what else to play, might start playing Disgaea since my friends swear by it.

The Blood Skelter Mode was such a waste of designs for a game that barely even uses them properly or mentions them in the story

wait is there a sequel?

>wait is there a sequel?

Yes, USA has not gotten it yet but a Switch port was confirmed.

It's a weird alt timeline thing where Little Mermaid is not dead

Haven't played any in a month or so. Trying to convince myself to play the Crossbell games and the four Cold Steels.

youtube.com/watch?v=9WYRQXrn7YM&

Attached: 1452567949210.jpg (857x722, 126K)

>Legend of Mana
Mein nigger.

I have that on >vita.
If you liked the first one it's pretty much more of the same except the demons are your party members instead of summons. And it has a dumb petting minigame that you're gonna savescum.

Is DERQ just Nep gameplay with a new coat of paint or its own thing?

goddamn every time I triggered his Force Boost transformation it felt amazing
never got old either, I've put 300 hours into that game and I bet I could fire it up right now and it would still feel amazing
The absolute best JRPG for feeling that dramatic powerup scene feeling

Early game it's a neat enemy pinball puzzle but later most enemies are so heavy you just slap down the strongest skills you have that they're weak to.

Implied yuri baiting
i.e. it's shit

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy
I was semi-enjoying this but now I feel like I should drop it.

This is my first Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game and I only tried it cause I heard it was an amazing series, but this one doesn't seem all THAT great. Especially upon realizing that the best tracks in the game come from the previous Mystery Dungeon games. Feel like I should just play those instead.

How much of the game is left when I just got to the Light Tower?

Attached: 0354786544.jpg (525x525, 101K)

It's own thing

i assume you mean chocobo's dungeon? i'm pretty sure there's two more chapters left after where you are and then postgame. i just finished the light tower myself.

The one where Rafaello goes into the tower saying he needs to get to the top, and Shirma gives you her light staff.

what game is this?

tales of xillia, its an alright entry in the series, noticible had its vision cut short but its sequel is really memorable and makes it pretty worth it

Tales of vesperia on the switch. Going to start up valkeria chronicles 4 tonight.

Just finished Final Fantasy IX, currently playing Final Fantasy V.
Right now on the backlog Ive got Final Fantasy VII, Phantasy Star, SMT:Strange Journey, Radiant Historia, and Caligula Overdose.
Thank fucking god ive got a ton of free time coming up, i bought all these games on a major jrpg kick.

Onso, there you are again, been ages since I last saw you.
You didn't do it, did you?

Attached: Happy shadow hearts MC.jpg (426x547, 128K)

To be fair...I haven't been able to emulate anything until recently...

Attached: tenor.gif (498x278, 2.27M)

You know I'm just picking on you my man, how are you? You doing fine?

Superb taste my friend, godspeed.

Attached: 1532908109262.png (617x720, 839K)

I was going to say Nelke then I realized that shit is not a RPG.

Hanging in there, man. Wish I had more time for games. Hope you're well too.

20 hours into Persona 4 right now, finally well into this game after starting like 3 times

Hard times for me too, and not a lot of time for playing games either since I'm trying to make them this time around, but we keep on trucking anyway.
I'm happy to see around either way, hope I will keep seeing you a bit longer too since a lot of the oldfags disappeared, you and PHG are the only guys left in here.

how is the performance on switch? battles 60, world 30? i heard that they unlocked the framerate just before release, though, so do the towns run at 60, or...?
i already own three copies of vesperia, but it's my favourite jrpg ever so i'll grab it again on switcheroo.

Attached: 1456545794903.jpg (1023x682, 130K)

Currently playing ar tonelico thanks to one user insisting it is a great game. Going through the second part, and I must say. So far, it's kinda shit in everything else but the music and story. Worst thing being the braindead requirement of backtracking just to advance the plot. Which happens multiple times.

>climbed the tower again
>tedious weak encounters
>reached destination
>oh no, we can't do anything here so we have to go back and ask everyone on how to proceed
>go back
>ask everyone
>proceed to save point
>quit game

I will return to this game once I am done with Tropico 6.

Oh wow you're trying to make them? Good luck to you, man. Do your best. Let's keep trucking on and on.
Yea Forums really is forever, regardless of life changes and advancements.

Yeah, been learning Godot since a few months, problem is I suck at coding so things are taking a lot more time than I'd likw, but you gotta start somewhere eventually.
If things go smooth, I'll be able to publish my first puzzle games this summer, fingers crossed.
>Yea Forums really is forever
You got that right, friend, we really are here forever, no matter what.

Not playing any right now.
Might reinstall YSVIII to see if I feel like finishing it.

Currently playing FFXV again. Got the royal stuff and all the dlc. Planning to plat it and just got to chapter 3.

Attached: 65205202_p0.jpg (1202x1550, 921K)

>Stella glow
Is it basically the same as luminous arc 2 these character designs look awfully familiar.

Attached: 614+zSuLDRL._SX466_.jpg (466x419, 53K)

Yeah that was basically my experience with it. I would rather it had just been a pure VN.

yeah but flatima > fatima and the singing is nice

Just beat earthbound. I'm playing Skies of Arcadia on a softmoded Wii U. Also dragon quest 7 on 3ds. I dropped Toko mirage sessions because it was too dumb anime. And cant play xenoblade chronicles x because real time rpgs rarely appeal to me.

>Mary Skelter
I liked that game. Surprised to see it mentioned though, since it wasn't the best and biggest game out there

I'm playing Tokyo Mirage Sessions and it's not as bad as everyone said so far. It's like Persona without a calendar system.

would you recommend it? i'm looking for jrpgs to play on my vita

its a drpg, not jrpg

It also has the best waifus.

Most the criticisms of it are from people who didn't play it and are just mad about idols or censorship. The people who actually played it liked it.

Sure, if you're into that kind of game. It's not perfect, but it's a fun dungeon crawler that's easy on the eyes. It's very generic in the sense that it uses a lot of genre conventions (dense nobody has a legion of babes swarming around his dick 24/7 sort of thing), but it's almost endearing. The story and setting are decent enough to tie things together, but it's not a Tolstoy novel. It's first person dungeon crawling, kind of like Phantasy Star 1 in a sense. If you do try it out, I recommend playing on the hardest difficulty, otherwise it feels kind of easy.

Working on finishing up Caligula, but man is the Switch port bad
The story and music were enjoyable, but the gameplay was eh and the budget was so low that the poverty was oozing through the walls

Not sure what to play next though, since there's still 2 months until PQ2

Attached: 1540929547080.jpg (570x575, 47K)

Stella Glow and Rance VI