Okay since we now all know P5 is never coming to Switch can PS4 users get SMTV announced already? It's much...

Okay since we now all know P5 is never coming to Switch can PS4 users get SMTV announced already? It's much, much more likely to happen.

Attached: ps4when.png (250x141, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

p5s.jp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

why would they port a shitty mobile game to a powerful home console like the PlayStation 4?

Soon user. There is a reason SMT V is taking so long.

People might still buy it if its cheap enough

probably never, creating ironic port begging based off of babs begging for p5 is still port begging

Isn't something else from Atlus other than P5/SMTV coming that's multiplat?

It's not begging though we know it's going to happen we're just asking when, unlike switch fags begging for a game series thats never been on their console. Don't mention PQ that's trash spin off fan servie.

>mfw just sold my ps4 since no more good games are coming out for it and Death Stranding is dead in the water

Attached: 1552347915810.png (334x346, 127K)

How does that negatively affect anybody but yourself? Good job buying a bunch of games just to sell the system in the end, I guess.

>death stranding

Nobody cares about this game more than pcpoors who like to pretend sony fags care about it honestly, nobody talks about this game except pcfags

>>It's not begging though we know it's going to happen we're just asking when,
Why? Sony never got SMT4, SMT4:A and Strange Journey. Why would it get SMT5? It makes no sense.

Besides, the fanbase for SMT isn't in Sony.
Sony is for Persona.
Nintendo is for mainline SMT.

That much was made clear a long time ago.

Sure, PS4, PC, N Gage what fucking ever, just SHOW SOMETHING FUCK

DO SOMETHING WITH SMT, PORT SOME SHIT OR REMASTER 1 AND 2, JESUS CHRIST

>Why? Sony never got SMT4, SMT4:A and Strange Journey. Why would it get SMT5?
The graphical gap between Switch and PS4 is smaller than 3DS and PS3 (and PS4/Vita crossovers are a thing all over the map, to take an example), for instance. It's also being developed on UE4, which would be hilariously easy to port over.

Not saying it will happen, though, just that it has more reasons.

>Somone asks for P5 on Switch
>"Fuck off Switchlet, stop begging for ports!"
>Meanwhile
>"C-Can we have SMT V for PS4? I-It's totally likely guys!"
Yea.. No. Persona will stay on PlayStation and SMT will remain on Nintendo consoles, keep it that way.

>I'm not pretending to be retarded, I AM retarded!
Ok

>Persona will stay on PlayStation and SMT will remain on Nintendo consoles, keep it that way.
Give me 3 good reasons why it should be this way.

>Persona will stay on PlayStation and SMT will remain on Nintendo consoles
Except for Persona Q and Nocturne. You know.

>Death Stranding
that shit smells of Sony stalling the release to have it as a PS5 launch title

>We know it's going to happen
According to what exactly? Your baseless theorization? Nah.

The reason it won't happen is becausae Atlus is fucking stubborn, even though they know they could make make tons of money selling both these games as multiplat on PS4 and Switch, they still make the conscious decision of making their games either brand or system exclusive. I mean, the director of Dragon's Crown said he would like to port that game to PC, now guess what brand were Dragon's Crown games only released at?

>Still have Pro for judgment,aegisrim, nioh 2, ds, tsushima etc
>also bought swich just for SMT V

As long as it has 3D models I'll be happy

Maybe THIS time picking law won't be a complete joke.

Attached: 1535036016943.jpg (505x507, 110K)

V is shaping up to be Nocturne 2.0 LMAO

>Persona Q
Isn't a mainline Persona game, it's truthfully not the same thing.
>Nocturne
You have me on that one. Regardless though, SMT has primarily always been a Nintendo series. I highly doubt that's going to change.

Q is a spin off, and Nocturne is an outlier because the PS2 dominated that generation. All vanillaware games by Atlus are all Playstation, all Etrian Odyssey games are all Nintendo, all Raidou STM games are playstation, all Devil Survivors are all Nintendo.

That's how Atlus works unfotunately, I have no fucking idea why, but they have this mentality where games should stay on the brand and/ system they were conceived at, bar the already aforementioned outliers like Q, Nocturne and Persona Arena. I guess Catherine can join the club of anomalies since it's one of the few inhouse Atlus games that got a multiplat release.

Every dev would like theyr games to be experienced by more people, but companies have things like loyality and exclusivity deals
3DS games utilize 2 screens and look like ass, thats why

Attached: 20190402_212449-01.jpg (3024x4032, 2.86M)

I find it funny how people sperge about Persona 5 being on the Switch but can turn around and be completely accepting of SMTV on the PS4. I wonder why that is? Care to explain Yea Forums?

Because ps4 is overall better system, larger installbase, has some of best exclusives, doesnt struggle with games running 720p30fps

Why do you need reasoning from someone on an anonymous image board? You should be asking Atlus why they're so stubborn about porting their titles honestly. It's up to them, not me.

>Okay since we now all know P5 is never coming to Switch
Wrong

Why not make both multiplat, if you like it on ps, play it on ps, if you like on switch, play on switch.
I'm only buying a switch because of this game.

Attached: Nagito5.png (500x500, 168K)

Serious question OP why would anyone want this game on PS4? I am sure it will run fine in docked mode, and if you didng care for it being on handheld wouldnt you want it on PC? Like I bought a PS4 for all the exclusives, but I cant see myself actively asking for a game to be ported to it, since switch+steam is an objectivey better combination.
t. fag salty Catherine isnt coming to Vita in NA.

PS4 has good specs and other games to play. Not gonna buy an underpowered tablet for one game.

>Persona on Switch
Likely just port beggars and Smashfags. Nobody really gives a damn.
>SMT for PS4
Unironically people who don't want to buy a Switch but are interested in the game after playing Persona 5 and want the SMT series to join it so both series are on the same platform.

It's retarded in general. By the time the game comes out there will be a proper Switch emulator for people to pirate the game on. SMT will remain a Nintendo exclusive because of Atlus and their rhetoric and this won't change.

Nice flaseflag we all onow you created this thread in response to the persona 5 thread

>nobody wants this
I do, Persona games are perfect for handheld. See P4G.
>Unironically people who dont want a switch but are interested in the game after p5
they should probably try SMT3/4 first to better understand this is not a persona game. Also even then wouldnt you want it on steam?

>LOL WE HAZ GAEM NO GAEM 4 U
>WTF Y U HAZ GAEM GIBS ME DAT!!!11!
It's Bayo 2 all over again. Actually, no, it's even worse, because SMT has been on Nintendo systems for over twenty years, barring Nocturne. So, yeah, you faggots can cope.

sony ponies will never in 100 years be able to run a switch emulator. Though since it uses an X1 insteaf of an upgraded gamecube, something tells me we wont see it soon.

>I do, Persona games are perfect for handheld. See P4G.
You mean the version that was only better because of the new content

Neither of them are likely to be ported to any other systems.

no it was better because it was on Vita. and Switch is even better than Vita.

they are both coming to Xbone.

Except it wasn't it was better because it was on pstv

>It was better because it was on the Vita
The Vita isn't more powerful than the PS2, I don't know how it was better. If you mean more comfortable and convenient, then yes.

Attached: 1536878448655.jpg (963x1558, 172K)

Convenient sure comfortable not really

the vita is a fucking handheld. That was what made it better. Jesus user its not rocket science. Literally the same game, with some arguably better or worse content. But on a beautiful handheld. Also ran at a higher resolution with way better PPI. But that is here nor there. If P5 came to switch, I would never bother with the PS4 version again.

i mean that Persona 5 S site is more then likely a switch version, not really anything else it could be (this aint Pokemon, they arent gonna make 2 versions of the enhanced edition)

V will be a more Lawful version of Nocturne, screen cap this

No, when Kaneko passed on to the flower fields his soul was kept and split into three games, and it was agreed that Sony would get Persona 5, Nintendo would get SMTV and Microsoft would get SMT TEN. They wouldn't disrespect Kaneko's sacrifice lest they be smote and tortured in Hell over and over.

I remember the snoybois where pretty exited when the teaser for Apocalypse was revealed, because they were expecting a PS4 or Vita port of IV.
You alright.

Atlus doesn't have exclusivity deals, it's just straight up stuborness to not release it on other platforms. They just make exclusives period. They made a Shin Megami Tensei that was exclusive to the OG Xbox, and Microsoft had absolutely no hand in that game whatsoever, not even a deal, Atlus just decided they were going to make a fuckng SMT game exclusive to the american console that isn't popular on Japan and when it tanked hard, instead of porting it to the more popular PS2, they just left it there, because it was made on the Xbox and should stay on the Xbox apparently. Because they're legit retarded, just like their parent company.

That game didn't even had an 'only on Xbox' seal, which at the time meant for games that had a deal with Microsoft in some way, shape or form.

Unless you're leaving your house or you don't have tv handhelds are useless

No, get them from the general's OP.

>Besides, the fanbase for SMT isn't in Sony.
But that's wrong

I liked Apocalypse so if it's like that but with better graphics and more expanded mechanics it'll be ok by me.

I do leave my house. And I like handhelds. for more than just playing on the patio/when I travel, but even at my desk or in bed. I get handheld is not for everyone, But it obviously an incredibly useful and cool feature for many.

It truthfully isn't. It's mostly Persona fans who also want SMT on the PlayStation.

no. Sonyfags would be so fuckin confused by the lack of dialog/story and then rage at the difficulty.

ok thanks

Oh i should of realized im talking to consolewarriors who probably haven't even played more than two smt games

If you say so.

there hasnt been an SMT game on playstation since PS2. Most of the Western JRPG audience is on steam. are some of them idorts who would buy a PS4 just for exclusives? absolutely. But they are all probably happier with SMT on switch anyway. And the japanese SMT fanbase is obviously on 3DS, probably moving to Switch.
The general PS4 fan/non begruding user, would hate and be confused by that dumb boring difficult nip game.

But that's nintendofags who's first smt is smt4
Real smt fans buy every console that has smt on it or at least emulates it

>Implying people didn't start with DeSu, Soul Hackers or SJR
Lmao

the smt spinoffs on 3ds are far more typical SMT experiances than Persona 5. SMT hasnt been on playstation since PS2
>real SMT fags buy every console with SMT on it
You confuse idorts beinf annoyed the have to shell out $200 for a paperweight with sonyfags/somy fans. I bought a PS4, just cause I thought it would be the better way to play P5, over PS3(dumb idea cause emulation, but then 5.05 hack happend so call it a wash) But that doesnt magically make me cry I want SMT V on PS4.

Because this sucks. It's the first fully 3D SMT since fucking 2003. Its an opportunity for Atlus should go all out, but having them be brought down by the Switch's underpowered hardware sucks. Ideally, they should just make it on PC, but they won't so they should aim for the best possible thing which is the PS4.

This. All this kojima cock sucking began after MGSV was released for PC.

I mean P5 has way bigger budget and would run fine on switch. Also SMT is one of the few games that is fine at 30fps. I highly doubt a ps4 version, even from the ground up, would be much different. they are even recycling P5 assets.

>It's not begging though we know it's going to happen
no we don't. sony didn't get iv, iva, either version of strange journey, either version of desu 1, or either version of desu 2.

>Its an opportunity for Atlus should go all out
By doing what? What sort of SMT would they make where the Switch couldn't run it?

technically IV, was the first and last 3d SMT game. And man Am I sad to see the 3D effect go.

Cinemetic Third Person Shooter

speak for yourself. port-begging is really just thinly-veiled console war shitposting and should be banned. it doesn't make a difference who's begging for what.

newfag.

mah Im an idort. I mostly just hate my PS4.

atlus has the right idea and i wish more developers were like them. multiplat-focused development was a mistake. it forces games to be watered down for the lowest common denominator.

It's not fucking fair

You're absolutely delirious if you think SMTV is more likely to get a PS4 port than P5 getting a switch port. Smash definitely gave P5 a very good chance to get switch port. SMTV is literally an exclusive contracted by Nintendo. P5 isn't even an exclusive on paper.

Attached: IMG_20190330_081309.jpg (750x698, 61K)

> Shin Megami Tensei (NES)
> Shin Megami Tensei II (SNES)
> Digital Devil Story (NES)
> Digital Devil Story II (NES)
> Shin Megami Tensei III (PS2)
> Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS)
> Shin Megami Tensei IV-A (3DS)
> Shin Megami Tensei V (Switch)
SMT is a Nintendo exclusive franchise, the only reason it went to the PS2 was because of how shit the GameCube was. It’s never coming to the PS4.

>port begging
Friggan sonyfags, if anything, stick all of that stuff on PC, but it's not happening so I am satisfied.

>only better because of the new content
Along with making Naoto a much better character to use by changing her learnset around, among a few other QoL changes.

Just because a game with more content looks not as great as an older version of that game with less content doesn't mean that version is shit in comparison Although Marie makes it very close to being worse than P4.

Attached: 1495289144750.jpg (278x280, 34K)

I want to have a child with Futaba

>You're absolutely delirious if you think SMTV is more likely to get a PS4 port than P5 getting a switch port.
neither are likely at all, but mainline persona games have been sony exclusive for 20+ years while smt has been on sony platforms as recently as 2009.
>SMTV is literally an exclusive contracted by Nintendo.
source?

>it forces games to be watered down for the lowest common denominator.
They're born watered down for the lowest common denominator, their games are only available on consoles.

every persona game hs made a handheld appearance. But somy official came out and said fuck the fans on that one. So Switch makes more sense.
Gamecube was the only Nintendo system to see a Persona game, and at that time even mainline SMT was on ps2. Kinda unfair to lump in when N64 couldnt handle the games cause discs, or when Wii U was a flop compared to ps3/ps4. or how Vita/psp were more powerful than their ninty brethren.

this is only true of CRPGs, and FPS games user.

Honestly can't imagine what else 5S could be other than a switch version, 5R already exists as an expansion of some sort, and I can't see nintendo adding Joker to smash without having a deal along with it, at that point they'd be giving free advertising to their competitors.

I know, right?

See , and if you're really trying to count the different versions of SMT3 different games then Maniax Chronicle came out in 2008, not 2009.

I'm personally in the bank that porting either is dumb as fuck. Leave SMT to the Nintendo platforms and Persona to the Sony ones.

Attached: You're now looking at the cursor.webm (1436x1076, 1.1M)

>every persona game hs made a handheld appearance.
that's only because sony started making handhelds to put them on. atlus has no qualms with putting their re-releases on home consoles instead, which is why fes came out on ps2 and why p5r has already been confirmed for ps4.
>Gamecube was the only Nintendo system to see a Persona game
the gamecube never got a persona game.

I just want fucking anything. We haven't gotten another trailer or situation report in like 4 months and a trailer in like a year.

>Honestly can't imagine what else 5S could be other than a switch version
i would be shocked if it isn't a fighting game like p4arena.
if you think about it, they've already done the dancing game, pq2 is already out in japan and coming to the west in june, and the fes/p3p/golden equivalent has been announced. the fighting game is the only thing missing now.

It literally said SMTV is coming exclusively to switch during the reveal trailer. I'm not a port begging fag but if you want to play SMTV get a switch. I have a PS4 for Persona & Catherine lmfao.

>See , and if you're really trying to count the different versions of SMT3 different games then Maniax Chronicle came out in 2008, not 2009.
raidou 2 came out in 2009 in the west.
>I'm personally in the bank that porting either is dumb as fuck. Leave SMT to the Nintendo platforms and Persona to the Sony ones.
i agree. the only people complaining about this are console warriors who just want a company they dislike to lose an exclusive so they can shitpost on Yea Forums and still not play it.

On a side note not replying to anyone I hope P5R is as good as P3 FES & I hope to hear something else about SMTV soon.

p5r has shown nothing but sony logos, the original p5 only came out on sony platforms, but people are still convinced it's coming to the switch. how is this any different?
for the record, i own a switch and i can't wait to play smtv on it whenever it comes out.

Raidou isn't SMT, it's Devil Summoner.

Attached: ace defective.jpg (500x465, 206K)

oh, it's this autist again.

And Devil Summoner has the SMT label for both the first title and Soul Hackers. What's your point brainlet?

>both games get ported and everyone on Yea Forums seethes

>fes
did you forget p3p?
>gamecube
typo, meant it was the only system they actually could have considerd, but even at that point ps2 was an obvious better choice for them. I meant you are acting like N64 or WiiU were totally brilliant consoles to bring the games to, but they just didnt out of sony loyalty. ps2 gen was the only gen they could have done another system.

I never claimed P5R was coming to switch, I just said it's more likely than SMTV on PS4 lmfao. Also the P5S website went live with more info April 25th. What's the "S" stand for??? :) p5s.jp

Attached: 179-1799996_hank-hill-texas-joker-persona-5-king-of.png (792x989, 224K)

there is also a Persona 5 B though.

>the only people who dislike exclusives are consolewars posters
literally the opposite retard.

>Implying SMT5 is ever coming out

Exactly. If I had it my way everything would be on PC so 99% of this console war bullshit wouldn't happen lol

Stop replying to him he's obviously a consolewarrior

>What's the "S" stand for???
it could stand for a lot of things related to fighting. stadium, scuffle, sparring, slaughter, etc.

IT'S NEVER COMING OUT

If PC games sold more they would get more games man. But why buy anything right?
#portbeggingmasterrace

Can someone explain this to me for I am a brainlet in the series. Shin Megami Tensei stand for the "True Goddess Rebirth". So that mean every game is suppose to have some form of Goddess in it right, coming back from whatever happen to her. I see that in 1 and 4, with 1 being that the herorine and in 4 where there is the goddess of Tokyo who come back after you help Masakado. What about 2, 3, and strange Journey, do they have any goddess?

I mean say what you will but we both know what it means. Stay seething

And NINE (Xbox)
They at least don't mind porting their games in the near future though

>It's Bayo 2 all over again.
Not at all, without Nintendo's money Bayo 2 wouldn't exist either at all, or for at least a very long time before Sega finally decided to give it another shot a decade or two later. Nintendo doesn't fund SMT though, there's no reason for that, or any of Atlus's series, to be exclsuive to any platform other than their own thick headeness.

in 2, Apparently gnostic sophia's in the game at the end, but no presence in general.
Only person who rebirths is Satan.
3, no, at best you get a character transforming into a Demon (bael avatar) and a posession (Aradia)
SJ, Zelenin in Law ending

True Goddess Reincarnation
No
SJ has MOTHER goddesses so sorta
???
Jew!

It's just a reference to the first novel's title, Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei.

>it forces games to be watered down for the lowest common denominator
And yet that's the market they always go for with Persona, it's even the reason the series exist in the first place.

Who cares about sony? When will they port their PS2 entries + golden to any other console or even PC?
PSN's versions suck dick.

this. I have been playing 3, but I am going on a trip next week, and the weather has been amazing so I eish like fuck it was on switch.

Law is always kino dude

The source code on the website says there will be new Phantom Thieves though
I really doubt P5S is the combat game. I think Snoyboys need to accept the loss this time

*laughs in hoy*

So if they release it on PS4 would they add back in dating elements, remove the difficulty spikes, and make the story more about high school romances?
To us here on Playstation we only know SMT as the Dark Souls of Persona.

Literally only 2 was the only non joke of a allignment law end

>He say that when SMT 4 was called the Dark Souls of Persona games

P5B is fighting
P5R is jewish better version that makes you rebuy the game
P5S is switch port that includes some but not all of R's content.

you would basically be right on SMT, and really is it bad if persona stays on playstation while Nintendo. Keeps SMT?

I wonder how that would go, would the media side with people who would harass Atlus over that, or would they turn on Atlus for not making content on all platforms and making all the new content DLC for 5?

P5S is Persona 5 Scarlet
It will release on Switch with all the DLCs and additional content, including Nintendo costumes
There will be 2 new Phantom Thieves and 2 new Palaces, one is Hifumi and the other is a brand new character
I have never played Persona 5 and got this info from a friend

>dark souls of persona
its really not.
This is a dead meme. SMT is hard, and probably harder but this is great hyperbole. FES on hard is not really drastically easier than Nocturne on Hard, especially endgame. And some fights like Elizabeth are harder thn anything in SMT imo. That being said P5 took the casualization way to far.

I find it weird that SMT have all these gods in them and they come from people mind yet you have these goddess that appear out of nowhere with no knowledge of.

>DLC
nah I am saying you have to rebuy the game. This is Atlus.
>who would the media side with
whichever gets the most clicks?

>nintendo users portbeg all gen every gen
> few posts where people bantz saying switch """"exclusives""" should be ported
>super defensive and act like this is a regular occurrence and they are just innocent victims of vidya
Fucking hell, the worst.

Attached: tendies.png (742x784, 104K)

>nah I am saying you have to rebuy the game. This is Atlus.
>would've have to had bought SMTIV again if they didn't settle on apocalypse.
>even though they milked the game with DLC
Fucking atlus

After they port P5 to PC STMV will be next. That way Nintendo and Sony don't lose the exclusivity in Japan.