Sekiro Lore

whats the deal with these guys, were they made by the monks? do they have some relation with the infestation centipedes even though they aren't infested? Or are they just weird?

Attached: sekiro-long-arm-centipede-giraffe.jpg.optimal.jpg (1080x608, 114K)

They probably worship them. Their hooks look like centipide/bug claws.

>Lore
>in FS games

Is there something more pretentious than Vaatifags?

Attached: 1361396305148.gif (344x472, 130K)

You do realize that Vaati stole most of his shit from us originally, right?
You do remember the DeS lore threads and all the discussions we used to have back in the day?
You just posted a KS reaction image so i'd expect you to have been around for that long, at least.

>OMG 15 things you missed in SEKIRO
>"Even if you have completed the game you will most likely not know a lot of things on this list"
>Know everything on the list

What list. Give me a rundown and dont link me his shit.

he did one for hirata where he just listed things in the area that everyone found while going through. then acted like he was dropping some huge lore revelation when he said that owl stabs you in the cutscene

Attached: map.jpg (1920x1080, 524K)

There should have been more of the hug wall secrets. It seemed like the natural evolution of illusory walls, where they were grounded in reality and environmental tells could tip you off to them. Yet, there are only like 3 in the game?

why the fuck does the sword saint attack you when he was ostensibly on your side before. was he bound to the will of the other mortal blade or what?

Read the remnant of his soul.

He was duty bound to honour his grandson's dying wish, and even if he wasn't he probably would have still fought you because he is in his prime again after being a weak old man and wants one final duel before he returns to the underworld.

this

I'm pretty sure From Software doesn't focus much on the story when they develop their games. It's probably one of the final steps before the release.

Just look at all the cut content in DS3/BB. It proofs that a lot of things get changed after the game is done because of budget/time reasons. To me it seems these games weren't made with the intention to tell a coherent story.

I'm not complaining, though. It's a good thing that they focus on gameplay first and foremost, stories in action games are at best serviceable anyway.

The interconnectedness is wasted on this game, there are almost no interesting choices to make regarding in what order you complete bosses or explore areas since they always play out the same no matter in what order you do them.

I completely missed the dual ape encounter on my first playthrough because I did depths before sunken valley.

Whenever I noticed an idol was greyed out I'd go back and get it out of autism

I did the same.

problem is there isn't even a greyed out idol, it only spawns there after you defeat him.

Oh. I guess if you skip past him you'd just never have any idea unless you walked back? I didn't even reach the poison pools until after killing headless ape so not sure if it changed or anything. I saw it go grey for schinnyman but that was it

Why are the big fat guys so ugly? They're even more ugly than real big fat guys. And why is there a military unit comprised of midgets?

It does change, the enemy layout is different and the tents are still built up if you go there before you beat Guardian Ape, where they're all torn down after you beat him.

>Owl kicked Genichiros ass and got the black immortal blade in the Shura ending
JUST

Attached: scientists-baffled-by-mans-incredible-ability-to-fuck-up-every-24861878.png (500x522, 239K)

how can one man be so based but so pathetic

Someone give me a rundown on the giant rope dude

>shit from us
From reddit/small youtube channels*

What is Lady Butterflies deal?

Nah, Vaati was here, and we had far more active lore threads than Reddit during early Souls days.

working with owl to take the lord and rule Japan

These guys unnerve the fuck out of me. I'm not sure what it is. I played all of Bloodborne without getting the heebie jeebies but the Giraffes just make my skin crawl.

They weren't made with the intention to tell a coherent story. Miyazaki stated he liked people filling in the blanks, because he did so as a kid with English books at the library or something along those lines. Later games have a much more established lore with clearer plot points and connections between characters, but piecing together the story was always intentional.