Bloodborne

So I just started this for the first time since it was free for PS+. How the fuck do you people deal with the horrible framerate? I'm on a Pro with Boost mode and still choppy as fuck

Attached: bloodborne-876[1].jpg (1280x720, 230K)

Other urls found in this thread:

eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-bloodborne-performance-analysis
youtube.com/watch?v=uoh_QEXWDYE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the game has issues with something called frame pacing and it will never be fixed as far as i know even though other games have had it fixed
eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-bloodborne-performance-analysis

also wtf is that screenshot, is that an early build or something?

Lmao, it is. It's the alpha playtest, I think.

____ or some say ____. Grant us ____

Not sure, I literally just googled Bloodborne

How the hell do people play like this

You can get into the alpha demo from the game's network test release.
youtube.com/watch?v=uoh_QEXWDYE

Easy.
It's _______Kosm_________

Attached: 1449622988492.jpg (435x750, 102K)

its from the alpha, i remember playing it

honestly just get used to it or don't play it, i have like 700+ boss kills at this point according to the league roster and like 40 million echos, have everything from the store and leveled just about every weapon to +10 i can use as well as gems from random dungeons - game is great fun even after 500+ hours but now that sekiro is here i don't have much reason to go back besides helping friends out with stuff, will probably pick it back up in a year or two for a play though

>ps+
>free

Attached: 1547605332498.jpg (424x279, 34K)

After an hour or two of playing the framerate stabilizes immensely. I have no idea why this is the case, I realize this sounds unbelievable and retarded, but it's the truth.

It's well worth muscling through OP, mine stabilized ages ago and now I'm having a fucking blast, probably an all-time favorite.

Attached: 1524078450874.png (307x361, 230K)

Yes tell us user wtf is this.

Attached: 1554074355589.jpg (750x464, 34K)

The chromatic aberration really hurts my eyes.

Problem?

roger that, i never got in though i applied on the website, i think i fucked up by refreshing my page and applying twice since it was so laggy trying to submit my form

I have a question for you fags.

How do I _____________________git___________________gud_________________

It stabilizes in certain areas, not magically. Central Yharnam and Old Yharnam will always run terribly.

where my kinbros at

Attached: kos.webm (852x480, 2.85M)

But why doesn't the boost mode do anything? I thought the point of it was it's supposed to play non-patched games "faster"

Yes, ironically enough the main "city" areas run the worst.
Wich is REALLY BAD because it's the first places you run trough.

That being said, it's still the best goddamn game Miya has ever made, a masterpiece.

Based and kinpilled.

Attached: ayyyy.png (371x434, 253K)

I'll never understand people that are that sensitive to framerates.
I'll admit that variable framerates that goes up and down on a dime all the time is an issue, but otherwise? Higher is better yes, but I'll just never understand people who claim that low framerates kill games.

I'm coming from Sekiro to finally getting around and playing Bloodborne.

What am I in for?

Attached: tom jane.jpg (349x335, 62K)

here
>don't over level
>don't use summons
>don't cheese

Attached: hunter statue.jpg (990x600, 118K)

It's really distracting and annoying when you're playing the game and it slows down. It's way too jarring not to notice

It does improve the actual framerate, but it can't fix the framepacing issues. There's some fuckery in the console builds that more hardware can't fix.

Look at that fucking slide.
Look at that fucking swag.

And then people say i'm crazy when i say i want a Bloodborne 2 that massively expands on body modification runes and has entirely unique playstyles with every single animation changed depending on what "body mod" rune you use.
GIVE US A FUCKING SEQUEL
EXPAND ON BODY HORROR/SHIFTS
EXPAND ON CRAZY ASS MOVESETS

Attached: Brainsucker_Upper_Cathedral_Ward.jpg (1920x1080, 168K)

Guess I'll just be one of those guys begging for a never ever PC port.

the best lovecraftian game

Less parry and freerange movement, more dodge and "planned" counter.
Way more interesting location/designs/lore/characters.

Stats, but pretty easy stat building that is super simple compared to other Souls games.

Get the three cords.
Do the DLC.
And finally, don't submit.

Attached: 1550289191053.jpg (700x700, 37K)

>overlevel
>summon
>cheese
I'd never stoop that low, user.

>Load up on endurance and strength
>Unga bunga with the kirkhammer
>My penis when
Nothing quite like flattening a boss like a pancake

Attached: 1428522422603-3.jpg (379x345, 76K)

We can hope for a definitive edition upgrade on PS5 at best.

Found cheese is fine
Looking up cheese strats online isn't

>and it slows down
That's what I was saying. That is bad, but for as long as the frame rates are stable it's hardly the world of anything. People just freak out about it.

Based Epic will save Bloodborne

But that's the point of this thread, even when BB hits and stays at 30 it's not stable at all, frame persistence it's all over the place. And it's nauseating to look at.

Still a great game, I hope they bring it to ps5 and this time they manage to hit 60 or at least proper 30

I'd be okay with 30 FPS, I'm used to it on console. Obviously I prefer 60 on my PC or higher once my new 144hz monitor comes in, but I'm not going to cry if a console game doesn't hit 60.

I will however become annoyed if it dips below 30, as it's so annoying and distracting, no amount of motion blur can help.

If Epic could actually manage to get it ported to PC, I'll give in and download that shitty installer. Or just pirate it

I could not today but back then I di e.g. not care. Huge flaw that keeps it from being as good as people pretend it is.

having fun in the dungeons!

A easier but better game there I said it.

Soon

Attached: bloodborne epic store.png (843x1136, 1.25M)

>Huge flaw that keeps it from being as good as people pretend it is.
botw has even worse framerate yet it's perfect 1000/100 game according to Yea Forums

Zoomers never played Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask.

Same as literally everything else in this series: Git Gud.

You literally do not notice it after playing for 15 minutes.

I love the parrying in Sekiro (considering it's the main gameplay) but looks like Bloodborne you just shoot them? How's this work exactly, just shoot when the attack is about to hit and get a free hit in?

By enjoying the rest of the game and not letting minor technical shit get in the way of their enjoyment

Game design and technical limitations are two entirely separate issues.

Yes but honestly I don't do it all that often. It's a limited resource after all

If the chinamen pull it off, I'll gladly pirate it.

>but muh nintendo

On switch that's not true, on portable mode its actually a 30fps/33ms experience 99.9% of the time and on docked when its at 30 at least hits its target frametime properly unlike Choppy Borne

Botw is still boring for me but whatever

it's due to shit framepacing

I started with the bone saw looking thing. Shit looks cool and it's fast, but how the hell does the trick stuff work?

the dodge animation is the best fucking part

Attached: kosm.webm (1280x720, 833K)

>How's this work exactly, just shoot when the attack is about to hit and get a free hit in?
Yes.
And it's important, but your main tool is the iframes in your dodge, then go in and rush the enemy up close.
BB encourages and rewards being aggressive as fuck.

L1 changes between standard mode and trick mode. For the bone saw it unfolds and becomes a lot more single target oriented but has a larger range and IIRC does more damage.

Get a Kirkhammer, thank me later.

>technical limitations
More like technical incompetence

But what's the point besides just being longer range and maybe hitting harder? Or is it just exactly that, less sweeping (aoe) and more thrusting (st) damage?

1. Different movesets that are useful in different situations giving you more versatility
2. If you hit the switch button mid attack combo you'll do a flashy hit that changes forms and does more damage than a normal swing
It's more or less drastic of a switch depending on the weapon, with something like the kirkhammer or the axe it's a whole new weapon basically.

the kos parasite is definitely my favorite "weapon" in the series, i remember everyone being excited for a proper beast mode before the dlc came out, but then entered kin mode and it stole the goddamn show

You're changing "modes".
Some weapons just go from short range-> long range, etc.
Some weapons radically change the very core of their entire playstyle instead.

Regardless, something that a lot of people don't use enough, is the fact that you can actually COMBO a trick change from a string of attacks.
The comboed trick attack is often interesting, and has unique proprieties to it that make it worth it (to name one, a comboed trick attack from the saw will have a much greater flinch value on the target).

Attached: 80.jpg (618x422, 30K)

>474847
What the fuck?

Is it just one of those things you have to master and "git gud" with?

You dont even move the camera

Basically, you'll get a sense for when each is more useful pretty quickly. The saw blade is one of the more subtle changes though, imo.

bro that's nothing lemme boot up my game real quick

say hi to the best weapon in a souls game

Attached: kos2.webm (1280x720, 2.78M)

check these echoes out - i absolutely love chalice dungeons

Attached: Bloodborne™_20190402162035.png (1920x1080, 2.45M)

later chalice dungeons give you insane amounts of echoes

how will I know when im over levelling?

When you get comfortable.

>Playing as a female

Attached: 1554101598497.png (489x341, 327K)

I'm proud as fuck I never used the cheesy arcane bullshit in Bloodborne. Such cowardice actually makes my brow furrow in contempt

Attached: Bloodborne Official Artworks (prwtxw) (198).png (1920x1080, 1.56M)

Does anyone know if the the superscaling thing from the 5.5 update work well for this game on the PS pro ?
Currently playing on an old 720p television and I'm not sure if it would cause framedrops.

Post hunters

Attached: Bloodborne™_20190402152800.jpg (3840x2160, 1.93M)

How do you get good at the game though, it feels so awkward compared to Demon's Souls and Dark Souls (I had the same issues when I tried to play Sekiro).
Is it just ploughing through till you get used to it ?

Old yharnam and loran darkbeast battle are the parts where the game has the biggest performance issues, but the rest of the game is still pretty playable
Or it's just that I adapted to shit like that by playing on a ps vita on remote play because I'm a hack and I don't have a tv

>but user i am a girl(male)!
also i picked the aged voice so i sound kinda like a grandma instead of a 14 year old getting beaten by her abusive father when i do die or get knocked off a ledge

Attached: 808812.jpg (1024x576, 104K)

It's Payne!

Attached: max.jpg (236x378, 11K)

I don't think it'll happen, sony would never release a game from their own dev team on a store they wouldn't own.
Also they have PSnow which streams that stuff to the pc.

>cheesy

nigga you need to kill orphan to even get the weapon you want, i had to do it at low level for this twink invader
bloodborne is the only souls game that had fun "magic" builds, the only reason im one shotting people is because i farmed the best arcane gems possible and im invading at level 46, its also really easy to avoid unless you have brain damage, which sadly 90% of the people i fight have apparently cause they always just try attacking while im using the L2

correct

Attached: closer.jpg (427x300, 30K)

doesn't the psnow version lack the dlc though? least that's what i heard other anons say.

The only way to play

Attached: 1528557765818.jpg (2048x1152, 318K)

by not being an autistic virgin

cute huntress, user

>those gems
ew

It's the PC version right before they scrapped it for PS4.

I have no idea, I was lucky enough to find a GOTY edition and bought it as my first game two years ago and I still have to finish it and I have yet to see another GOTY edition in a store near me that sells PS4 games.

thanks user!

Attached: Dapper Hunter Looking Lost.jpg (1920x1080, 341K)

The fog and particle effects looked so much nicer in the alpha.

Unlike any of the other fromsoft games, Bloodborne lets you get away with reckless aggression with fast dodges and the rally mechanic.

Probably ran at a silky smooth 15 fps too

Yeah I probably need to be more ballsy compared to the other fromsoft games.
I dont abuse the mechanic for getting back HP enough.

The framepacing is the issue, not the framerate, bud.

Do it faggot
If you wail on their lifeless bodies as they're going down you can even get a bit more HP

what's frame pacing

Check the first post on this thread, user.

see the link here at the very first post

>If you wail on their lifeless bodies as they're going down you can even get a bit more HP
wait really ? Man I don't know any of the mechanics from this game.
I wish it still came with a manual, where all this shit would be written down.

thank you

It’s the same kids who bitch that they’re not getting 200 FPS on other games. They’ll never be happy with their hobby.

Fucking christ, the FRC chalices are absolute hell. I've never had this much trouble with a souls game before.

Attached: Darkbeast.Paarl.full.2266832.jpg (1200x675, 176K)

Yeah, it's great and perfectly fits into Bloodborne's narrative which is that humans that overdose on healing blood slowly turn into mindless, bloodthirsty beasts. You should mostly be dodging forward, into the enemy so you can get into their face and tear them up.

I think you can download the digital manual for free from the store.

Darkbeast Paarl is a fucking nigger

The Loran Darkbeast, in particular, is fucking annoying.

> not even a million

Attached: Moon Presence.png (244x197, 55K)