Why the fuck is everyone playing it like Mario Kart?

Why the fuck is everyone playing it like Mario Kart?
Is the power sliding such a deep and difficult mechanic to grasp?

Attached: ctr-full-logo.png (334x345, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G6e_En-DXLo
youtube.com/watch?v=FNZ6MI7vlnU
youtube.com/watch?v=PFTsdyoGIK8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Can someone shop the CTR into NTR?
Thanks.

>why are people playing a MK clone like Mario Kart

>Cuck
>Can someone do this for me
How fitting

people are playing it?

Why play this knockoff crap when mk8 still has such an active playerbase?

There's a stream on twitch right now, also PAX

because mario games are trash for babies and soibois

Crash is a bubsy-tier forced mascot. There has never been a good crash bandicoot game.

Go back to

If you've never played it before you wouldn't know to hit the alternate jump button to boost. Most other games like this just make it an automatic thing when you let go of the drift. I'd assume many of the people trying this out weren't told how to play.

>why are babies who have never played games deeper than a puddle unable to grasp deeper mechanical concepts
Gee I wonder

>not on PC
Trash game.

I /Always/ wanted this as kid, I'm also bummed out I couldn't play the gem cups in arcade.

Attached: CTRcupmaker.png (1741x639, 109K)

Crash racing will do better than sonic racing because Cream the rabbit is not playable on team sonic racing. I'm buying Crash to spite sega for the poor roster of team sonic racing. Big the cat and omochao are shit characters. I wanted chaos zero from sonic adventure. Crash bandicoot will have quality to surpass mario kart 7 for sure. I do like mario kart 7.

Lol

That begs the question as to why they aren't specifically getting the game into the hands of people who actually played the original, since authenticity is so important.
If you cant pass a basic competency exam you shouldn't be allowed to test your mettle with people who can. Fuck poser-game journalists

1 Cortex Castle
2 Papu's Pyramid
3 Sewer Speedway
4 N. Gin Labs

Always wanted to be able to make custom cups, I have an unhealthy amount of playtime on CTR.

>Sewer Speedway
My absolute favorite map in the entire game, but N. Gin Labs is a close second.

same for sewer speedway, did you guys flatten your avatar's face on the shortcut countless of times too? :^)

Fucking hell I almost forgot all about that. Good times. I can't wait for Yea Forums lobbies of this online when it comes out.

Well yeah

Until I never did again :^)

>tfw you time trial and Oxide ghost does the skip
Biggest wtf moment of my life, CTR is 1000 times more rewarding playing it as an adult.

It is for mariofags. These were the same people who in sonic transformed, whenever they turned into a plane would fly straight into the floor then call the game trash.
They can't into proper racing games.

Once the PC port hits (give it 6 months, Unreal makes the task easier) that can be a thing, most umiliating is if you are horizontally challenged and hit left/right. Aren't you worried about hackers?

will this join the remastered trilogy on steam?
or epic?

CTR is just a shittier bootleg version of Mario Kart DS with weird-ass physics and terrible drifting

Oxide actually taught me shortcuts this way. Most notable the Blizzard Bluff and Papu's Pyramid jumps. too fun.

>weird-ass physics and terrible drifting
It's unironically one of the most technologically advanced video games of its age.

>hackers on CTR
Not really worried about that at all. Doesn't seem like the kind of game people would hack on.

>Oxide actually taught me shortcuts this way
Yeah, that's what I'm saying, same with me and Papu's too.

N. Gin Labs
Sewer Speedway
Tiny Arena
Papu Pyramid

If we're counting CNK tracks, swap Papu Pyramid with Clockwork Wumpa and Tiny Arena with Out of Time

Spbp, CTR is a soulless ripoff

Why play CTR when you can play

Attached: f50640bc21e46d8f91591d448c3976a341d92636_hq.jpg (720x540, 68K)

I wonder what Thunderstruck and Out of Time get now their vertical sections are kill. I hope out of time gets a massive clock ramp, and thunderstruck 2 helixes?

>If we're counting CNK tracks
We're not

>All the characters are just re-skins

I think the image guy is? he mentioned hyper spaceway.

that game is garbage, I want CTR on mobile, where ripper roo is a blue stock image kangaroo with boxing gloves!

If Electron Avenue is any indication, they'll keep the original track layout and adapt it into a full ground road. The GBA version of CNK did something similar.

All CNK tracks and characters are confirmed, it's fair game for the remake

Why? That shit was garbagr

Some user said this was the final roster with the DLC included.

Attached: 1554232018760.png (756x756, 914K)

-Mystery Caves, these trollballs are too good
-Tiny's Arena, tight turns, speeding areas and mud! love that mud!
-Polar Pass, again, gimmicks and speed. That 180 degree turn :^)
-Sewer Speedway, Always was my fave. Gorgous level.

Attached: Nitrosoxidenew.jpg (341x204, 30K)

Mario Kart hasn’t added anything new since 8D came out, CTR’s gonna be a breath of fresh air

Nina's getting raped be Nega-Crash isn't she?

Because it's called "Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled." The developers are going all in with game content.

youtube.com/watch?v=G6e_En-DXLo

Besides, CNK was one of the only post-Naughty Dog Crash titles to make use of the original concept artists and designers. It would be criminal not to include them.

Attached: 1552929738758.jpg (748x523, 92K)

and all the wet chlorine-rich farts
Tooks form Gasmoxia.

quads chequed

>Snively
based

>Australia
>Snow

Tasman?

This was the coolest shit. I remember waking up early in the summer and playing armaggedon all morning

Kek

It snows in the Wumpa Archipelago

Attached: Crash_2_Map.jpg (600x733, 111K)

>breath of fresh air
>game old of a couple of decades

why did they hve to include nitro kart shit? Also will there be online and when will they do Crash Bash.

Yeah, I'm gonna need some sauce on and the Coco one.

Is concept art / scrapped content canon? I Always thought ice levels were the South Pole and the rest all over the world, doesn't Cortex have teleportation tech anyway?

Here's the croissant stuff I mentioned guise: youtube.com/watch?v=FNZ6MI7vlnU

Crash
Cortex
Coco
Tiny
N. Gin
Dingo
Polar
Pura
Roo
Papi Papi
Joe? (seems to fit with the OG CTR roster)
Pinestripe
Fake Crash
N. Tropy
Penta
Oxyde
Crunch
???
Spyro
Tawna
Koala
???
???
Nina
Baby T

Artist is Kempferzero

The warp rooms (Excluding the fifth and sixth) are ancient technology left behind by a previous civilization. This was briefly mentioned in an early draft of the CB design document

It also explains how/why the moving platforms work.

Attached: 1499003010582.jpg (732x960, 122K)

Pink egg is N. Trance, Snively is Brio, the yellow lizard might be Velo

What stream?

>???
N. Trance
N. Brio
Not sure about the lizard on the last row

cool, where did you get this from? Also, didn't Cortex reverse engineer it then? That final warproom with it's spacetech and teleporters doesn't look so ancient to me. :^)

This is just a headcanon from me, but I'd love to believe Cortex got his hands on Gasmoxian tech somehow. Would explain how he gets harder tasks done and the style on Oxide station doesn't deviate too much from his (except it's yellow…)

Note how Baby T eats plants… Nice one, ND. Nice biology.

N. Trace, N.Brio and Komodo MOE.

Moe was intended to tandem with Joe, so were Polar and Pura meant to be too. I really don't get why CTR didn't have Koala Kong or N. Brio... time constraints? As for the tandems, pesky polygons.

Moe is way too goddamn big to tandem with Joe. I think they were meant to be a duo race in adventure, not a tandem racer.

Wasnt it "papu papu"?

HE'S IN!
youtube.com/watch?v=PFTsdyoGIK8

>didn't Cortex reverse engineer it then
Probably. Cortex and Brio were on the islands for a while before the events of first game. Cortex Castle was built on an "odd pillar of unknown origin," most likely a temple or citadel of sorts. It's likely the two unearthed many of the archipelago's secrets during their expeditions.

On that note, I find it curious that Uka-Uka was imprisoned on the same island Cortex held his mining operations. Really makes you think.

Attached: 1492833693395.jpg (559x720, 67K)

Makes sense for them, but I heard they and pura/polar were meant to be in ''one kart'' maybe Joe can use Moe's fat lardass as chair?

Quads hath spoken.

Attached: check em.jpg (900x900, 84K)

HAHAHAHA

>Joe appears alongside Moe in CTRNF
>They're dual bosses, just like that mime in CNK

Attached: 1480961326222.png (262x326, 97K)

OOOOH FUUUCK COMPLETELY DESTROYED

Attached: 1548707899931.png (750x560, 605K)

Crash
Cortex
Coco
Tiny
N Gin
Dingodile
Polar
Pura
Ripper Roo
Papu Papu
????????
Pinstripe
Fake Crash
N Tropy
Penta
Oxide
Crunch
????????
Spyro
Tawna
Koala Kong
N Brio
Komodo Joe/Komodo Moe
Nina
Komodo Moe or Baby T

Hey, we got the geographic location of wumpa islands. and there is this thing, called the ''most remote coordinate'' or ''most remote from civilisation'' and it spawns in the same sea. I could do a quick comparisson? The Chernobyl thing though… he... he didn't, did he?

That he chose this place for the same reason that old civ did (remote) seems plausible? Maybe they were isolationist? Is Uka Uka temple on Wumpa too? The entrance kinda looks like the Crash 1 dark temple level on the map... Jaws of Darkness.

Does it matter if they only shoot for 50%? maybe have them throw TNT, both of them, but have enough friendly fire for you to breach that wall of death.

>look at YouTube gameplay
>Visuals are nice but physics are obviously fucking ruined
>Game looks very slow and boosting has been nerfed to shit
>Comments do nothing but praise visuals

Attached: 1544838534085.jpg (815x608, 37K)

You wish VEDJ-F

Everything I've heard from people who've played it at PAX say that it plays almost identical to the original CTR

Yeah the place Uka Uka was sealed was on the same islands.

>Is Uka Uka temple on Wumpa too? The entrance kinda looks like the Crash 1 dark temple level on the map... Jaws of Darkness.
Yes, further supported by visible wreckage in the Twinsanity map. Crash has the deepest lore.

Attached: Tasmanian_Islands.png (1024x768, 1.43M)

>The Chernobyl thing though… he... he didn't, did he?
I don't think so, he might have just been trying to use the background radiaton for his experiments.

so are Aku Aku and Uka Uka just liches? one positive and one negative energy aligned. I wonder if they came from the bowlcut natives we fight or from that ancient civ. Is Uka Uka's prison ''Jaws of Darkness'' though? the similarities are there

or maybe to steal nuclear material? you sure get special forces on your ass that way as most people doing that want to make dirty bombs.

Attached: ukaukaprison.jpg (2844x2424, 1.51M)

It looked a bit fucked up in earlier videos, but it seems fine now.

HOLY SHIT HE'S FUCKING IN OMGOMG YOU GUYS

Attached: Tasmanian.png (923x865, 252K)

Ty the Tasmanian Tiger?

Wtf is he doing in crash?

They're twins so perhaps? I wouldn't read too much into it. Naughty Dog probably just reused the first asset they could find which would look prisionish.

The physics and hidden mechanics will be fucked so who cares.

Anyone who isn't a fucking autist.

you know, why don't we have more mascot platformer crossovers? is it becuase 80% of them are trash? then why not crossover the bad ones with the good ones?

well, Cortex castle is a surrealist thing anyway, I doubt a giant crater at his foundation would harm much. I think it's more of a spire than a castle, too.

You mean mariokart babbies like yourself?

Attached: 1498875244761.jpg (757x960, 90K)

Have sex, incel.

Will Willy Wombat make an appearance in CTR?

Is your mom available?

Been there, done that. it's overrated

Sewer Speedway is GOAT

Me having sex is why you exist ;)

Attached: 1511900802982.png (964x1832, 592K)

Got anymore?

Woman don't owe you shit.

Maybe, but once the roofies kick in we can get Lucky

Guys, point Nemo is the furthest from civilisation you can get. google maps, I put the crash bandicoot islands under, so, let's see if they are in the same place?

Attached: crashbandicootislandspointnemo.png (1494x1714, 1.93M)

Holy shit you're right

Attached: 2002.jpg (640x480, 63K)

huh, it looks more like it's off the coast from australia.

Everyone is talking about the best CTR tracks, but what are the best CNK tracks?

Well on Crash Earth there doesn't seem to be anything other than Australia and the Wumpa Islands.

I'd rather wait until they're all on the table.

>Is the power sliding such a deep and difficult mechanic to grasp?
Don't you want to slide and boost on just about every single turn or curve in Mario Kart?

tfw you know you're a pro power slider on CTR and are going to destroy people online

Attached: 1552472979366.png (362x507, 192K)

the new electron avenue looks great.

i can't really say anything about nitro kart, i can remember every track from ctr but cnk i have no memory of, despite having owned it and having a family that enjoyed playing it together.

since half the thread is discussing classic, I have to ask, did they ever fix the fucking jumping in the N-sane trilogy? ARE they going to fix it? I really don't want to be stuck emulating the originals until the end of time.

until the hackers come.

No and no.

Yes.
It's not like it's something that's hard to pull off. The real differentiation between pros and noobs will be how you get that air time for extra boost.

Eh... not really. The big problem was that they made all 3 games have the same physics. It worked fine for 1 for the most part but because of the level design of 2 and 3 it really doesn't work. Saying that though, when they were allowed to do their own level, Future Tense, the physics felt natural because... well they made the level from scratch.

It's not on PC.

It's dangerous to greentext alone.
Take this.
>

Game looks comparable to Mario Kart 8, a game on hardware with 6x the power looks comparable to Mario Kart 8 and it isn't even 60fps.

The quads have spoken

Attached: oFPvPtr.jpg (1280x720, 133K)

>Yes
Which is why I was confused. I boost on every turn or curve, who doesn't? Little kids, I guess?

Its not 60fps? Is this confirmed?

little kids have more skill than gayme journos

He's in.
I actually like his real form.

Attached: velos.jpg (953x691, 80K)