Crash Bandicoot - Wrath of Cortex

What do we think about it?

Attached: Wrathofcortex_boxart.jpg (256x327, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bkC64SnDX_E
youtube.com/watch?v=Y8HjtNhZj7o
youtube.com/watch?v=G6e_En-DXLo
youtube.com/watch?v=eoutRJ6RuLo
youtube.com/watch?v=uEqao7lmPy4
youtube.com/watch?v=XuNpXZxCzvc
youtu.be/6Tzj75Gq4I8
youtube.com/watch?v=zjYiRdINScI
youtube.com/watch?v=qLjm0Brwevc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Basically just trying to copy Warped. It's not really a "bad" game, just it was all done before. Also felt a bit slower.

>nof bad
The platforming levels were the worst in Crash's history by a wide margin, and the game was jam fucking packed with un-fun gimmick vehicle levels that are worse than the already bad platforming. I thought the game was passable as a kid, but it's just not good looking back at it.

Most things that aren't straight Crash platforming suck, sometimes really badly like fucking pic related holy fuck. The straight Crash platforming is alright but there's not even close to enough of it.

Attached: description.png (512x480, 268K)

The loading times were shit but I had fun playing as Coco. The vehicle levels were okay too.

Crunch and the Elementals were cool but I didn't like how the old bosses were reduced to stage hazards

i was stoked to play a crash game on xbox but it was worse than some of the original platformers like voodoo vince

It's just warped but not as good, I enjoyed it as a kid but knew it was worse, at least it's not Enter the Dragonfly tier.

the entire series is terrible, platformers are for children

It was lackluster comparex to the first three, but it wasn't the worst game ever.

It certainly wasn't as good as crash 3 but it sure was more enjoyable than spyro 4 was.

Compared*

He's in CTR

Attached: Crunch_Bandicoot_The_Wrath_of_Cortex.png (335x476, 172K)

looking at crash falling through a green vortex on the OG xbox like

Attached: 11096659.jpg (400x400, 17K)

Only 3 things came out great out of this game
1 Crunch
2 That level with the car
3 youtube.com/watch?v=bkC64SnDX_E

i blame universal for trying to take it safe because Mark Cerny wanted to take the series in an open world direction and had Traveller's Tales make a mockup of it to demonstrate how it would play out. Keep in mind this is not an ingame gameplay but rather one big cutscene.
youtube.com/watch?v=Y8HjtNhZj7o

Attached: how to drive.png (1440x1080, 2.22M)

Pretty fun. nice music, wish it was modded in NST.

This, also, you didn't had to activate my PTSD by posting the Yellow Submarine. How come these Robo-fish in 3 is such a chad that Crash can do without, but this piece of shit is utterly useless?

>Wizards and Lizards
my nigga

Attached: 1498887441519.png (500x500, 147K)

At least it’s not as fucking terrible as Twinsanity. I hate that game so goddamn much.

I would like a nintendo switch port with faster loading times.

All CNK characters are too, want sauce? Some Croissants got an interview.

i got my information wrong, mark cerny wanted it to be more of an open world game like Spyro but Universal rejected in favor of Traveller's Tales soon in my other post due to how similar it was to the last three games.

Wrath of Cortex is mediocre, it's not terrible it's just kind of there.

They were right to reject it. We got a more open world Crash game. It was Twinsanity. It sucked.

youtube.com/watch?v=G6e_En-DXLo
The director seems pretty stoked about game content, hoping for missing characters like Tawna and Brio

Attached: date_by_kempferzero-dan6954.png (887x645, 98K)

I like the dev, he does seem professional to me, and he loves the game he's remaking.

give me some time to load up a response

For all of the games problems, it really does have a good soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=eoutRJ6RuLo
youtube.com/watch?v=uEqao7lmPy4
youtube.com/watch?v=XuNpXZxCzvc
I've seen several people shit on the music for being "unfitting", but I think it's unfair to say that the music is bad because of it.

but mark cerny was one of the original designers of crash and spyro so he knew what direction to take it unless the possible outcome would be forgettable like knack

>Q: "Can we swap the remastered for the original soundtrack?"
>Dev breaks eye contact with the interviewer and speaks directly into the camera.
>A: "YES."

Attached: 1498446977922.jpg (238x189, 5K)

the dragon that came out from under a bridge on the fourth level in the first world scared the heckin frick out of me as a kid and i myself never got past it without my brothers help

Have you -SEEN- Sewer Speedway? looks fucking kino as it's my fave track. unf.

What got me about those fucking levels is that they weren't all underwater. Just when you think it would be over, you hop out and then it's a platforming level.

The levels were overall too long and too unfocused. The most original levels were the ball ones and they weren't even fun.

its ok, the bonus levels felt unfinished though

Attached: 106.jpg (1647x1035, 648K)

Twnsanity was also a quarter of a game.

there was clearly love put into this game, but I heard it got rushed like mad.

wow they actually look like they know what they are doing
props to those developers

by bonus levels i mean level 25-30*

The game was in development for like 3 days

What does that N on that guy's head stand for?

Attached: 92d.png (1327x771, 485K)

Depends who you ask.

OG games, Neo. new. His name is literally the part of the brain that determines intelligence and ''higher'' functions.

In newshit though? Nerd, he got bullied and the bullies took a tattoo needle to him. Hardcore bullying imo.

all crash bandicoot games are bad. honestly I've had this view since I was a small child. I loved Spyro but tried crash a few times and hated it and still hate it. I don't know how spyro ended up being the less popular ps1 mascot but oh well we all have different tastes

…. because Crash was literally comissioned from Sony to be a mascot. Spyro was never meant to take that role, also, you are a faggot.

I enjoyed it enough as a kid to 100% it (except getting the best relics because fuck that)
But the loading times on my ps2 were horrendous and the graphics looked odd to me after having played the other three on my psone.

>newshit
It's old series canon you uncultured swine

Attached: 1492833630967.jpg (576x720, 119K)

>this is relevant somehow
I think you know what I meant. when people think of classic ps1 games they think of crash bandicoot. I never understood why spyro couldn't be as popular...

but is stuff that isn't published canon at all? Concept art and notes sure are awesome, I'm just curious if it's canon if it was never released. Just a curiosity question, can bullies be this awful and cause grievous bodily harm for a joke? On purpose.

aren't they almost Always paired up and seen as sister series though? go look up some sales numbers, as I'm not sure Crash truly did better.

You forgot the best one.
youtu.be/6Tzj75Gq4I8

My favorite crash game

I wish I had inflating cacti irl. I found them so cute how they forced their needles outward. I got taught that's nature communicating to you they want attention from you.

good shit

how can i play it in ps3/4 anyone knows? my ps2 is broken and i don't wanna play on pc(want to play with my family in a big screen)

>level starts underwater but you end up on land
I fucking love that shit
not to mention the fucking music
youtube.com/watch?v=zjYiRdINScI

Do you have a Wii or Wii U?

>No one posted the gauntlet
youtube.com/watch?v=qLjm0Brwevc
Step the FUCK up

I wonder how far they intend to take the extended cast for this game? Crunch being in strongly suggests that other Nitro Kart racers will be in too, such as N. Trance. They could easily re-use Tawna, Brio, Moe and obj_motherfucker's model for new racers, maybe even Spyro. I guess Nina could come too, though it doesn't look like they are necessarily planning on referencing CTTR in this game. The problem is sifting through which characters from which games should get in, unless they want to pull an "Everyone is Here!".

Attached: Eggxo-Skeleton.jpg (358x481, 34K)