Anti-sprinters

Have you anti-sprinters actually played classic Halo recently? The games are as slow as molasses. They have aged terribly. Sprint definitely improved Halo. The problem is they added a bunch of other armor abilities when just sprint would have been perfectly fine.

Attached: index.jpg (300x168, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B9rZtnDJbuc
youtube.com/watch?v=u6YdPRyW0DA
youtube.com/watch?v=lobj9m_hQYk
youtube.com/watch?v=ZCTyWf4EI7U
youtube.com/watch?v=cPkVOqa0DXM
youtube.com/watch?v=qn9xd-otL4A
youtube.com/watch?v=cUkI-Z5n3OU
youtube.com/watch?v=xFPg8jC3eEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=L5ksyOKHlGo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>ADHD Zoomer can't play an FPS if it doesn't have a sprint button

Attached: 1536181407031.png (662x594, 106K)

Halo 3 moves faster than halo 5 nigger

>make maps artificially larger to justify having sprint
>zoomers love it
WHY THE FUCK CAN'T MY SUPER SOLDIER TRAINED SINCE BIRTH, WEARING THE MOST EXPENSIVE SET OF ARMOR HUMANS CAN MAKE, AND ENHANCED BY THE ABSOLUTE MOST ADVANCED AI EVER CREATED BY HUMANITY, BE ABLE TO RUN AND SHOOT AT THE SAME TIME AGAIN????

ALSO HALO IS NOT ABOUT TWITCH REFLEXES. IT IS NOT LIKE "OMG IM BEING SHOT LMAO RUN AWAY SPRINT!!!" BUT "SHOULD I GO THERE OR NOT? OH SHIT IM OUT OF POSITION I SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT MORE"

YES YOU PEOPLE MAKE ME MAD (NOT LITERALLY, I DON' GIVE A FUCK)

Attached: 1545317906014.jpg (317x427, 31K)

Fact: Halo 5's sprint speed is literally 0.2 world units slower than Halo 2's base running speed.

Sprint is a detriment to gameplay and you are a retard.

>slow as molasses

Why do I keep seeing this? Is this a new epic meme?

Yeah. It plays fine.

>Halo 3
>Two opponents see each other
>They have the same equipment
>They have an equal footing and whoever is the most accurate by the smallest of margins will win

>Halo 5
>Two opponents see each other
>One of them was sprinting
>The person who wasn't sprinting wins because he wasn't stuck in animation recovery

FUCK SPRINT
FUCK NIGGERS
FUCK CHINKS

Sprint takes you out of the game. When you sprint, you cant shoot, so you arent really playing when sprinting.

This so much. Sprint is retarded. If movement speed is too slow for people, just make base movement speed as fast as sprint.

it's actually a very old expression, zoomer

Are you esl by any chance?

I think armor abilities should have been done differently if it absolutely had to be a thing. I would have made it tied to the armor pieces themselves and made most of them passive enhancements like ability to have radar, faster reloading, slightly faster shield regen or more health, etc.

They could have also did really expensive armor's that do give some of the armor abilities that they did do but better balanced of course or better yet even just thought out better. I think H4 did a much better job with that. Rather than armor lock for example they had that shield thingy which was way better balanced.

Finally they could have then tied all that shit to loadouts like Bungie so desperately wanted to do with Halo even going back to Halo 2. They did think of adding sprint into Halo even back then. What killed this armor abilities crap is it was made way too accessible and armors being nothing but cosmetic rather than a bigger part of the game. It was stupid planning on Bungie's part.

Sprint is so fucking lame
Literally just make the character move faster by default
Same deal with ads, let me go fast and shoot at the same time

Halo 3 already did what was basically armor abilities perfectly - make them map pickups.

If nobody started with AAs in Reach, and they were instead strategically placed around the map - minus Armor Lock, then people would have loved it.

Well they did add those gametypes but problem is their game was balanced largely around the idea and most people preferred gametypes with them on anyways. I just think they should have did the armor idea I said. It was clear they wanted to do something very different since it was based on Reach anyways but going the path they did was a bitch too much. I guarantee if they did as I said people would definitely have compared it a lot to COD sure but it would have been seen as a much better idea on COD's perks system and it also would probably have saved Halo. People still think it got CODified anyways with how they did do things. I actually think Reach is even worse than COD because of how random it can be thanks to those abilities.

I haven't actually played Halo past 2 but been playing the CoD games and the default movement speed was very obviously dropped in 4. Pistol walking in CoD2 is actually faster than sprint in CoD4

Attached: 836.png (453x321, 47K)

>Literally just make the character move faster by default

This doesn't work well with controllers. Sprint does work well which is why you see nearly all shooters having adopted the idea.

Sprint was a mistake, they should have just upped the base movespeed.
the other mobilities tools are pretty great though, here's my Halo Infinite wishlist:
no sprint (but higher movespeed)
no ads (keep the headshot bonus for automatics though)
no shoulder bash
no ground pound, or keep it but make much faster and weaker, so that's it more of a movement tool than a combat tool
keep thrusters
keep hover
keep groundslide
keep clambering but bring back crouchjumping, I think that's a nice way to enable alternate routes for weaker players, but stronger players will have the advantage of being able to reach them without exposing themselves to damage

Lol, no it doesn’t retard. Sprint slow down gameplay. Notice COD is far slower than arena shooters?

Sprint can work, its the thrusters, ADS and nu-gunplay that dont work.

There was a video provong how halo 3 walk speed was the same as 4 sprint speed

Then how come Halo 2 played really well despite its base run speed being on par with Halo 5's sprint?

>This doesn't work well with controllers.
They let you increase movement speed in custom games though.

they added sprinting in halo 2 and then removed it because it fucked with pacing and i agree 100% get fucked OP lol

>Have you anti-sprinters actually played classic Halo recently?
Yes I play MCC daily with only the trilogy installed. And it's faster than 4 or 5.

You see, ironically, Sprint doesnt actually make the game play faster. It makes maps BIGGER, (more time spent walking around) it makes it easier for enemies to RUN AWAY or HIDE (longer combat engagement) it makes it so you cannot shoot and move at top speed at the same time(weapons lower while sprinting, can't strafe sprint or sprint backwards either so you're forced to navigate the map only facing 1 way)

Attached: 1534220116414.webm (1280x720, 2.44M)

More like sprint makes you feel more connected to the game.

Sprinting and regenerating health ate unnecessary and over-simplify gameplay for no reason.

>Have to press extra buttons to go "faster"
>You don't actually go faster than Halo 2 or 3, all that's happening is you're being artificially limited

Based

Speak for yourself faggot, everyone knows you run faster with a knife

You will never understand, because you don't appreciate the gameplay of the originals for what it was, and want it to be CoD instead. Please take your smartphone, your ADHD, and leave.

Attached: Pathetic.jpg (700x483, 28K)

You could easily also make sprint just go faster so this is a stupid comparison.

>Halo fags being elitist

Attached: 1437971377997.jpg (640x706, 27K)

>People shit talk 5 and 4 for good reason
>Those same retards won't shit on the sacred cow that planted the seeds
You fuckers know just as well Reach started this new cancer.

WHY NOT JUST MAKE RUN SPEED FASTER
YOU
RETARDED
NIGGER

weight your options like in every other shooter or dont sprint at all

Attached: ba5.jpg (768x625, 314K)

Reach's map design wasn't based around sprint because not everybody had it. Headlong for example was to the exact same proportions of Halo 2.

Nobody ever does though, find me an example where sprint didn't reduce the normal walk speed in a series. Both CoD and Halo did it that way

>tfw these retards have been playing halo wrong for over a decade
sensitivity 1, 4:3 MASTER RACE
I am an unstoppable fucking halo God who dabs on all adhd shittards

Attached: c05f4672150271feebb553ed01749b93.jpg (236x304, 15K)

Can someone objectively prove OP wrong?

>inb4 that one webm showing the running speed of the games

They could still just as easily have made sprint even faster as well as base movement being faster than the old games. People like sprint because it gives that chase sort of gameplay that makes a shooter a lot more fun to play. Old Halo games weren't fast like old arena shooters so they could have benefited greatly from having sprint. If this is wrong Bungie would have never changed their mind by implementing it with Reach.

>mag dumps you from behind while you slowly turn around
Nothing personnel kid

>he doesnt know that turning is what is making him weaker

How to fix Halo and it's fuck-awful shadowrun trojan horse implementation of """abilities""" since reach fuck you, sage, you smug, bearded cuck;
make this shit custom settings only and keep adding as many features as fucking possible - go as experimental as you can - it's fucking optional.
Let me kick people in the dick like I'm Duke Freeman, damn it.

Then they need to make maps bigger to compensate for it.

>Old Halo games weren't fast like old arena shooters so they could have benefited greatly from having sprint.
And yet the entire community of both dedicated and casual Halo fans will tell you that sprint ruined Halo 4 and 5. Everything sprint "solves" can be achieved by just upping base movement speed.

Adding sprint to Halo made using weapons like the assault rifle or plasma rifle an absolute nightmare because in the time it takes to down someone at anything other than point blank they can just fuck off around a corner to recharge their shields and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Halo 2 and 3 babbies could never get with the times.

>Then they need to make maps bigger to compensate for it.
So explain this Halo 5's variant of Midship is larger than Halo 3's while also dumbing down movement speed.

>Change is always good!
Remember when Halo was an innovator and not an imitator?

Just play quake idiot.

I thought the whole point of the old games having slower movement speed than other arena games was to balance out the vehicles. There would be no reason to take them if everyone could bunny hop around the maps at light speed.

OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: nuhalo.jpg (2678x1498, 1.07M)

I disagree.

Haha what? No the majority of fans prefer sprint now.

>Majority of fans
I suppose you can call them the majority when millions dropped the franchise and you barely average 20K a day on launch lmao

It's a shoehorned mechanic that doesn't play well with the other systems in the game (shooting, map control, ect) and ironically is nerfed by the maps being scalled up in order to deal with Sprint.

Innovation doesn't always = better.

Especially when said "innovation' is taken from 8 other games, and is added to an already existing formula with out much consideration.

Sprint and ADS aren't bad because "much COD"

They are bad because they fuck up Halos basic formula and balance, in turn running one of it's selling points.

We're coming home Yea Forumsros

youtube.com/watch?v=B9rZtnDJbuc

>or dont sprint at all
Great. So what you really want is to be required to go even slower at times. Let's throw in aiming down sights too, so you can move at an absolute crawl every 5 seconds when you turn a corner. How's that for fast paced action. This shit has a place in slower, tactical shooters, but your brain is fried if you think these suggestions speed things up. Just speed up the walking speed, like they did in these old games called Halo.

FUCK COD
FUCK ZOOMERS
FUCK SPRINT

Attached: 1541686244097.jpg (1280x720, 89K)

Halo was always insanely slow

This is why sprint doesn't fit in Halo, you don't have to make weighted decisions with movement anymore. Want to get to that piece of cover a few hundred yards away? In the classic games, you'd need to actually make sure you'd make it, coordinate with teammates, maybe use a vehicle instead, just running into the open for a few seconds could and often would lead t you getting picked off. But with sprint, lel just run there in 2 seconds XD no weighted decision-making necessary.

Compared to pre-military 00s shooter craze, yup. Made up for it by keeping maps small and including vehicles in the large ones.

*Zoom button

even compared to tactical and modern shooters its kinda slow, and not just the movement speed since the TTK was also pretty high in both the MP and the campaign for most weapons

as someone who plays a lot of titanfall 2 mp I actually like the no sprint halos more .perhaps sprinting should be removed and the basic walking speed adjusted a little besides the older games aged well its just that the current generation of gamers are not used to it they could also take out sprint and give no fuck about the following zoomer tears .

This is true.

Attached: moving goalposts.png (574x328, 391K)

In the original games you could move at top speed, jump, and shoot all at the same time. Now, you have to choose between moving at top speed, or shooting.
Sprint gives the illusion of more options, but it only segments core game play functions.
Halo's flowing sandbox is one of its best aspects and sprint fundamentally works against it.
It's laughable that 343-Halo actually has an audience. If it was just Halo fans who can't let go, that would make sense, but it's an entirely separate fanbase who dislike the originals. What is new Halo doing that other franchises aren't doing better? It's just a weird amalgamation of CoD and Classic Halo with the appearance of warframe but lacking in what makes any of those series enjoyable.

Attached: FXGKFTLF82EUAMY.MEDIUM.jpg (385x620, 35K)

I was just talking movement-wise
Rainbow six
Call of Duty
Battlefield
Medal of Honor
These all have very low base speeds. TTK is only slow with the base starting weapon and whatever the alien analogue is. Compensated by the instant grenade throw, melee, single-headshot kills and power weapon usage.

Why is it okay for Shadowrun but not Halo?

Imagine if they added sprint to Counter-Strike. No one would play it. Yet people still have the gaul to call post-Halo 3: ODST games "Halo".

B-BUT EVERY OTHER MODERN SHOOTER HAS IT!

SPRINT IS NEEDED TO MAKE THE GAME POPULAR!

>They have aged terribly.
>Sprint definitely improved Halo.
OP would rather run away stylish like. Than take the shot.

Attached: YDR.jpg (424x324, 23K)

Attached: numberseven.png (407x421, 180K)

You have been confirmed a subhuman monkey, el oh el.

The only people left with the series are those who don't hate sprint (and all of the other terrible aspects of the new games), of course they're the majority now. When Eldewrito was still going the original fans came back and it was clear that very few people put up with sprint being enabled.

I think Halo 3 and Reach is the most iconic and most 'Halo' multiplayer combat, but I think 5 is the best in the series because it incorporates historically 'Halo' feel with some increased movement mechanics. Ground pound kills are annoying and should be nerfed, but they're still kinda fun and overall the little movement direction blasters are so fucking fun.

>2012
>Modern

It is either a Monty Python reference or something more gayer than Monty Python.

Who JWonderchild here

that's because it was never enabled on competitive maps, only for minigames and infection where I will argue that it actually makes sense because the point of infection is to run away from the threat because it is an asymmetrical threat, in competitive it is a symmetrical threat and the environment is the leverage that players must use against each other, and you add sprint it fucking warps the environment out of the perfectly designed sightlines

youtube.com/watch?v=u6YdPRyW0DA

We gave Sprint a chance, but it's time for Halo to go back to what worked better

How about adding shooting while sprinting?

Are you telling me that sprint supporters are the same subhumans who spend their time watching other people play games instead of actually playing them? At the very least, you value the opinions of those types of people.

I played halo 3 on pc via Dewrito and the characters just move too slow for Mouse+keyboard. I was effortlessly headshotting people.

what im saying is that a game without sprint has more unique combat scenarios that players can encounter and thus has longer longevity. think of a lack of sprint as a creative limitation on both the player and map designer.

On every server where people were actually talking, most people would call for sprint to be turned off even on custom game modes. It fundamentally changes how the game is played and that carries over even to the fuck around maps.

Then you should just ditch it entirely and go back to the classic high base movement speed because it makes the distinction between the states of sprinting and not sprinting meaningless.

This WEBM actually blew my mind. I had friends of mine saying Halo 3 is the slowest FPS ever, I personally spent so many hours on it that I couldn't find anyone left to splitscreen VS with, it was too one-sided.

Thanks for the ammunition, what a great vid, blows the sprint zoomers out of the water.

It sounds like you're saying sprint is bad, in which case I agree.
However if you're speaking in support of sprint that's fine also. It works for many games, but Halo is not one of them.

Of all of the Halo games where sprint was in the game, ElDewrito unironically did it the best. You felt like you were actually moving faster through the map because none of the maps were stretched and your base movement speed was still the same. Another thing about sprinting: steering speed. If you turn to fast, you lose sprint. Steering speed in ElDewrito was perfect. If you sprinted at the wrong time, you would be able to take tight enough turns.

It still gets frequent updates, moreso now than in the past. However, if your definition of a modern shooter is one released on a newer engine, then I suppose 2012 is pretty old, even when you consider that source was well overdue for an overhaul even in the end of 2012.

That may have to do with the fact that Halo 3 had one of the lowest FOV's in an FPS ever.

Sprint doesn't add anything to the game except for locking speed behind an animation.

Halo 5 has made the most profit of any Halo game.

>Of all of the Halo games where sprint was in the game, ElDewrito unironically did it the best
This is fair, but regardless of how well it's done, I don't think sprinting should be enabled across the board.
I didn't mind it so much in Reach seeing as it was simply the most boring out of many different abilities you could choose from, but it should not be a fundamental mechanic that all players have inherent access to.

Yeah, they sure suckered a lot of people with a false advertisement campaign.

Pretty easy when droves of retards spend money on Warzone constantly.

Reach is #2 of best sprint only because of "HUHUHUHUHUHUHUHUHUHUH"
I do like it as a thing you can drop

Give Halo skiing.

fast paced fps is a boomer preference you halobabby

Sprint doesn't increase the pace of the game.

Halo 5 only lost players due to little content at launch and that will no longer be the case with Infinite. The selling points of Infinite
>Master Chief campaign
>massive levels like Halo CE and Halo 3
>split screen and LAN
>armor customization on Reach's level
>all content at launch and will be getting only new content instead of old content going forward
>going to be releasing next to the Xbox Scarlett consoles even though it's an Xbox One game
Halo Infinite will be fine.

>the original fans came back
That was a small number of fans.

No one who is good at Halo games thinks sprint is good for anything outside of silly customs games or shit like Warzone.

beta soon lads

Reach had the worst sprint, it was a get out of jail free card.

Quake doesn't have sprint.

This is a shill post if I've ever seen one.

>H4 was a disaster
>MCC was an ever bigger disaster
>H5 had nothing to do the first year it was out and the population vanished

You really think H6 will be any different because 343 said so, years before the game is out?

Forge launched like 3 months late.

No split screen, no LAN at launch, no Forge at lunch, no BTB at launch, BTB is barebones shit because they rushed it out, the campaign was the worst of the mainline (numbered) games. People left Halo 5 because for a time, it had no replay value and that's it. Infinite won't have Halo 5's problems.

youtube.com/watch?v=lobj9m_hQYk

You don't know what problems it will have until it comes out.No one does 343 has fucked up each thing they've done besides the Reach TU.

>massive fuck up the first time
>even bigger fuck up the second time
>dude infinite will be good dude

Attached: this guy.gif (675x227, 73K)

>no Brian Reed
>looking at Halo CE and 3's massive levels for the game
>Master Chief only campaign
>4-player split screen
>everything at launch
>5-year dev cycle
It's already better than Halo 4 and 5 and nothing has bee shown.

Exactly.

>The problem is they added a bunch of other armor abilities when just sprint would have been perfectly fine.
"No."
Armor abilities are the best thing Bungie added to the Halo sandbox since the addition of hijacking in Halo 2 and is a natural evolution of the equipment system of Halo 3.

Attached: Count_Yikes.png (231x337, 145K)

youtube.com/watch?v=ZCTyWf4EI7U
nice try shill

Attached: 1508708446809.gif (341x251, 1.61M)

I'll believe it when I see it. You'd be a retard to believe 343 at this point.

You're a retard if you believe a Halo game without Brian Reed will be worse than the ones with him, what you actually liked that Spartan Ops shit from Halo 4 and Halo 5's garbage campaign?

>comparing different maps

Both equipment and armor abilities were cancer.

Reach beta this month apparently.

Map was stretched out due to sprint, retard

>Halo is not about twitch reflexes
Please dont talk like you know anything.

>hurr halo 3 is faster you just need to play on smaller maps
I don't disagree with the argument that sprint slows down the pace of the game, but you retards need to stop parroting that video.

>hurr durr halo 5 is the fastest game in the series
>HURR DURR SPRINT IS JUST USED TO GET AROUND THE ENVIRONMENT

Attached: hurr.png (890x724, 180K)

People stopped sprinting years ago, now it's all thrust sliding. Something that doesn't take away your gun.

Is it like that in Reach? Cuz if not who the hell cares.

You're a retard for thinking it's good before we see anything other than a concept trailer and a bunch of empty promises.

>Thanks for the ammunition

Holy fucking shit, i cannot believe you faggots haven't learned and you have to be taught again.

Holding down sprint in 5 is the SLOWEST way to move, combining your other movement abilities (Dashing, Sliding, Jumping) allows you to go faster than just holding down a single button like a fucking retard and has a faster recovery time so you can start shooting sooner.

Yes, it is faster than Halo 3.

Attached: 1501348360854.gif (512x807, 469K)

This. Duck 343

People still play Reach and H5.

>WHY THE FUCK CAN'T MY SUPER SOLDIER TRAINED SINCE BIRTH, WEARING THE MOST EXPENSIVE SET OF ARMOR HUMANS CAN MAKE, AND ENHANCED BY THE ABSOLUTE MOST ADVANCED AI EVER CREATED BY HUMANITY,
You do know you're not playing as a Spartan 2 in Halo 4/5 right? You're playing as a Spartan IV, basically souped up marines.

The knife effectively is sprint.

>now it's all thrust sliding.
Never thought there was something gayer after sprinting. But then this happens.

Attached: If only you knew how bad things really are..jpg (134x174, 9K)

thanks to REQ packs

Get left behind, slowfag.

Just let me play the original Doom where you run 50 miles per hour and there's 100 enemies on screen at once and you can dodge enemy attacks without needing to take cover like a bullet hell.

this is a good idea.

>No one would play it
If you honestly believe this, you're severely delusional.
If every single other part of the game is untouched (The AWP still bodyshots, Wallbanging is still a thing, the AK and Deagle still 1 tap, The eco is still there), people will still play it because its still CounterStrike.
>thanks to completely optional packs you earn easily through gameplay
?

Attached: 1533513518859.png (320x320, 60K)

Sounds you like you want to cum first all over your face. With that attitude.

Attached: orgasm.png (1360x768, 1.34M)

I enjoyed the armor abilities of reach, except the armor lock.
What the fuck.
I ironically knew an invis player was near by because my radar would suddenly jam too, so that was funny.

It did. It was just always on by default, retard.

I can see this in Halo
And it's glorious.

Attached: 1553802544519.jpg (2400x1841, 554K)

Well people only play this due to the esports faggotry so it doesn't count.

Hey me too, because its already been done
youtube.com/watch?v=cPkVOqa0DXM

I'd like advanced mobility in halo if they committed to it instead of this half assed bullshit they keep throwing out.
>H5 but with titanfall movement

Attached: 1430359247217.png (910x938, 1.37M)

I thought it looked silly there.
But I pictured it something like Firefight in reach with 300% movement speed and more on-screen enemies.

halo had a sprint? the fuck? since when?

Attached: 1546901607971.jpg (570x845, 75K)

Since 2010, but Bungie wanted it in 2 before they had to cut a bunch of shit

The newest one that is objectively a fine halo game EXCEPT for sprint has sprint.

In Reach it's an armor ability. So the fag who grabs sprint to get somewhere slightly faster just denied themselves a jetpack, active camo or ARMOR LOCK
In 4 and 5 every player has it. It sucks balls.

Attached: sprinty.gif (90x90, 54K)

god, fucking armor lock.
Either does nothing but pause a fight for 5 seconds or you run into a group of the fuckers that all run around together.

>So the fag who grabs sprint to get somewhere slightly faster just denied themselves a jetpack, active camo or ARMOR LOCK
Thank you for admitting sucked complete cock at Reach, Sprint was objectively the best pick.

Attached: 1505329799023.jpg (750x750, 108K)

halo 3 is so slow and boring, you can really tell it was a game designed for controllers

>clothed in cryosleep
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I'll take that over Brian fucking Reed shitting up the Halo storyline with his OC Donut Steels and muh bigger universe garage. She should have stuck to writing comics instead of ruining Halo, piece of shit.

You guys hate sprint but why not hate all this over reliance on precision weapons instead? Seriously do we really need like 10 of these weapons for every game? Its overkill and makes most other weapons shit immediately. It was bad enough in the first three Halo games and then it just got way worse from then on.

>Seriously do we really need like 10 of these weapons for every game?
I mean, theres like 10 in 5 because they brought them back from the Bungie games. The only "new" precision weapon (aka made by 343i) is the Binary Rifle, which is just a replacement for Reach's Focus Rifle and i guess the Railgun?

>That fag that runs away from gunfights
>That fag who sprints to power weapons and gets headshot halfway through

>that fag that active camos and gets killed by anyone with half a brain that can see the shimmer
>that fag that jetpacks away from gunfights
>that fag that tries to jetpack away and gets headshot because aiming up is not difficult in the slightest
>that fag that tries to jetpack, fails and gets stuck with the massive cooldown
>that fag that armor locks only to get killed 5 seconds later when it expires and they're left defenceless

>angry sprintfag probably got emp-melee'd by armorlock chads

Will allah take this very special soul?

T. silver arena shitter that doesn't understand how game breaking team jetpacking is.

>armorlock shitter S E E T H I N G after dying for years straight but still picking armorlock for that ONE chance that he doesnt die in an encounter
Anyone that didnt use Sprint/Evade in anything that wasnt Custom Games was and still is confirmed underage, stop embarrassing yourself.

You're fucking retarded. Jetpack is broken as fuck on every map except Zealot. It completely destroys map flow and a well coordinated team (i.e. good players) will use it to team DMR everything into the dirt.

Sprint is shit, Invis is shit, and Armor Lock is a joke.

Tbh this. Cs pretty much did sprint before spring with weapon speed. I think it would be a great idea if you had a third weapon slot in halo that was a knife or bare handed that just made you run faster.

SEETHING sprintnigger
Here, have a flashback at what was on your screen 90% of the time.

Attached: rektbyARMORLOCK.gif (485x210, 170K)

Played some MCC just last month & still preferred no sprinting.

The maps are designed perfectly around your Spartan’s speed. There’s no need to constantly be running around everywhere.

I liked halo 5s movement. It felt pretty tactical. You could approach vertically or from the side of your objects and you could ambush your target and it was super satisfying.

I had over 100 days of PLAYTIME in halo 5. halo 5 is not faster than any fucking halo game except maybe 4 by a smidge.

h5 got a lot of shit because of the advanced movement but the gunplay felt nice. it's a shame the meta fell apart near the end.

I'd like it more if movement wasn't locked behind animation
Clamber and sprint lower your weapon unnecessarily. Boosting is alright.

Who gives a fuck? Putting sprint or the armor abilities in Halo 1, 2, or 3 would fuck with the balance too much. Reach is fun with armor abilities but would be sluggish without them.
Learn to enjoy games as they were designed, fuckwad

This

I’d agree with this. Boosting was really the thing that gave most of the tactical choice anyway. I don’t mind sprinting, cause for me it’s like the knife in csgo, it’s for quicker positioning and when you are caught doing it in action you get punished with weapon lag. The clamber could be messy yes, but it did aloe for fun verticality sometimes. Maybe a upward boast might be better

You are without a doubt the most retarded poster ive seen in these threads, unlike this dumb faggot thats just shitposting about how he used to spam armour lock as a 6 year old repressing the fact that he fucking died every single minute of every single game because after the first week armour lock was completely fucking useless, you actually think you know anything about the game.

Jetpack was never good, Jetpack will never be good, your revisionist idea of your shit tier unranked matches means fuck all. Not even on Enclosed was Jetpack good, a map built for Jetpacks. People would have been sprinting over your teams fucking corpse time after time again while you waited and waited for that cooldown to expire.

Heres a flashback to all of your repressed memories, faggot

Attached: armorlock shitter seething.webm (640x360, 1.24M)

Based and gamedesignpilled

based, anyone who played reach knows armor lock instantly took away any even footing in a 1 on 1 because the armor lock recovery took too long and the other player could get a shot out before you

Jetpackfags and armorniggers are completely wewuzkangzing it right know. Stop appropriating sprint culture.

Imagine taking all that time to pretend to be offended when you know Jetpack is comically overpowered and every top ten percent Onyx arena match was 10 people having jetpack battles.

Who are you trying to take the piss out of?

>after the first week armour lock was completely fucking useless
I see you always played the lone wolf like a faggot. Not only was armor lock great for groups to open up opportunities for your teammates to shit on retards just waiting for you to get out of lock, but it was a guaranteed win over any vehicle trying to ram you over.

while I would like to see better weapon balance you're talking about something that has been part of Halo MP (strong precision weapon) from the beginning versus something that got shoved in later (sprint)

also a lot of people don't realize the effectiveness of the auto weapons, like in Halo 3 yeah the BR wrecks everything at medium distance but in close range the assault rifle shits on it if you give em a solid spray followed by a riflebutt. and the SMG is even better for this

>I'm a complete and utter fucking coward in denial.

>Being this insecure about your life
>Needs to write a bible about justifying being a gay sprintnogg

>when you know Jetpack is comically overpowered and every top ten percent Onyx arena match was 10 people having jetpack battles.
Why would i know something that is completely false? Nobody with half a brain touched Jetpack over Sprint, stop trying to pull shit out of your ass and claim its fact.

Everyone ran sprint because sprint was objectively the best pick. Jetpack was slow, Jetpack had a long cooldown and Jetpack made you an easy target to get team shot. Stop trying to make up shit that didnt happen like you know what you're talking about.
Just stop posting, you're embarrassing yourself. Nobody cares if you got 1 kill out of 100,000 deaths trying to "bait" people with Armor Lock, even with your other 6 year old friends you got stomped on the majority of the time because Armor Lock is OBJECTIVELY terrible.

>coward
Hahahah keep telling yourself that while my team wipes the floor with yours. I'll also be camping the whole game, enjoy :^)

Okay, shitter.

>being dogshit

arguing about reach like this is retarded because comp reach was a fucking joke

>user can't beat anyone in a 1v1 shootout so he runs away to his boyfriends

Okay, shitter.

>Caring about 1v1 in a team game
So where are you on the spectrum, shitter?

Fuck you faggot. It supposed to be super speed ownage. You will never understand zoomer.

Idiot doesnt even run, he crawls into the fetal position until his invincibility runs out and gets gunned down like the dog he is.

Nobody is coming to save him, even if they did, they'd get shit on because they're the kinds of people that actually chose to play with someone so mentally challenged they think armor lock is good
So where are you on the spectrum, shitter?

>Nobody with half a brain touched Jetpack over Sprint, stop trying to pull shit out of your ass and claim its fact.

O rly? Whats that sound you hear two seconds into this match then? And whats that thing on everybodies back?
youtube.com/watch?v=qn9xd-otL4A

>Game has to take up an input just to implement sprinting
Why not just
bear with me
make sprint speed the default speed

>being this mad over a video game
Because it creates decision-making in how to traverse the map and engage/disengage with enemies.

Attached: 1548121917318.jpg (1000x800, 61K)

Now, now, user, that would make too much sense.
Don't want to take from the CoDkiddies their extra, restrictive, useless animation

>Abusing jetpacks on maps without proper kill zones pre-fixes in 2011 is "every top 10% Onyx arena match"
Have you even watched the videos you're posting? The "top 10% onyx" players can't even aim
Here's arena when they fixed shit blatant abuse that SHITTERS used without the need of any actual aim to climb
youtube.com/watch?v=cUkI-Z5n3OU

>Playing Reach after 2011
Lmao at your life

if you think the movement speed is too slow then argue for faster fucking movement, not a retard "abilitiy" that you can only do in the direction you're looking and that takes away your gun.

the addition of sprint made halo SLOWER. see

Would you prefer people to play Halo 4?

That's factually incorrect:
youtube.com/watch?v=xFPg8jC3eEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=L5ksyOKHlGo
H1 = 2.256 UPS
H2 = 2.252 UPS
H3 = 2.237 UPS
Reach = 2.19 UPS
Reach sprint = 3.55 UPS
H4 = 2.20 UPS
H5 = 2.60 UPS
H5 sprint= 3.38 UPS

Quake literally has a toggle m8

I don't remember anybody even playing Arena after season 8/9. Like sub 1000 player count. Everybody just played MLG because it was obviously better.

I really find it hard to take that player pool seriously since the TU update added way better playlists for good players.

>artificially larger

Attached: 18341670_425259837832987_5123654139581376574_n.jpg (448x600, 33K)

This user is correct and also very high IQ (210+)

Your only reason for Jetpack being "good" is that it allowed for shitters to get out of the map and abuse a lack of kill zones, it has nothing to do with "a well coordinated team (i.e. good players) will use it to team DMR everything into the dirt. " because the videos you've posted as "proof" disprove that as these faggots cannot aim

>it creates decision-making in how to traverse the map
No it doesn't. If I'm not shooting something, I want to be moving as fast as possible. In fact, I want to be moving as fast as possible while shooting as well, assuming moving around doesn't reduce my weapon's accuracy. The only speeds I need are
>Moving as fast as possible
>Moving slow enough to not make noise, ie crouching
>Not moving
99% of the time, running and sprinting are exactly the same, except one is slower (and the "delay to raise your weapon out of sprint" thing is negligible since it is usually only 0.1 or 0.2 seconds and everyone jumps or dives prone while doing so which ultimately negates the penalty). A lot of games with sprinting used to have silly restrictions like only being able to sprint for five seconds at a time, but most of their sequels just allowed for unlimited sprinting because that kind of limit is dumb.

Because Call of Duty did it and now every game has to copy it for some reason. Normalfags can't comprehend someone just being abnormally fast like in Doom 4 and Quake Champions.

>still using that shitty webm
why isn't it using identical maps with a single straight line? who made this shit?

What about Halo 4 sprint?

Yes I play eldewrito all the time. Sprint killed halo, ads buried it.