Never played a fromsoft game...

Never played a fromsoft game, was thinking with starting with Bloodborne but someone told me just to start with ds1 remastered. What's the move?

Attached: fromesoftware-logo-font.png (825x825, 19K)

The best move is don't bother playing these shit games

if you'd rather it be fast and hard go with bloodborne, if a bit slower with blocking and more weapons (but more similar) dark souls 1.

just play whatever looks interesting to you.
i never understood why people ask such question.

Start with Demon's Souls.

play them in order
you may skip ds2

Bloodborne is arguably the best one, so playing it first is likely to mKe the others not as impressive. I would play Dark Souls 1 first. Prepare to Die is better than the remaster but the remaster will do.

Start with DS1 and play them chronologically. Starting with BB and moving on to anything else except Sekiro will feel like a massive downgrade.

And ignore the shitters telling u to skip DS2, its not as good as the others, but still a good game. For the most part.

Attached: not laffing rn.jpg (701x600, 117K)

Start with Dark Souls 2 and don't listen to what anons say about it, it's the best game in the series.

Start with Lost Kingdoms 1 and 2

Demon or Dark Souls, then move up from there.

Demon Souls doesn't have the online servers anymore, so the online functionality is gone but still a very good Souls game.

Dark Souls can be played on Console or PC, your choice, either way you want to use a controller.

you don't even deserve you

if you start with Bloodborne you will think DS1 is dated and unrefined as fuck when you try it in comparison, but you won't be allowed to say anything because all the nostalgic fags will instantly dogpile you if you do

Play through the King's Field games before touching the shitty souls games

Honestly they all look interesting from the outside but I appreciate to hear gripes from fans of the series to get a better idea before I spend my money because I don't buy games much

Ranking of soulsborn games
ds2>bb=ds>demon>>>>>>>>>>>>ds3

play as you like, you'll end up finishing every game multiple times anyways

Fucking degenerate casuals. You cant really be a fan and truly enjoy the souls games if you dont start with King's Field. And btw, your opinion will be forever worthless anyways, because you didnt play these games back in the day.

Just pick whatever setting most appeals to you
Medieval fantasy? Dark Souls 3 or 1
Victorian era with a brush of lovecraftian? Bloodborne
Jap setting with Jap horror/mythos? Sekiro

Why is ds2 always so dividing?

chronologically, starting from DaS1
you can play DeS afterwards which sadly doesn't have multiplayer anymore
also don't listen to memes and form your own opinion on games

i think it is because ds2 is somewhat different from ds1 and ds3 but at the same time some people really like it and others hate it

Just go in order of release. Starting with Demon's Souls.

I think if you're playing it solo ds2 is the worst, but if you do co-op or pvp then it's easily the best

They are contrarians. The objective fact is that Dark Souls 2 is a good game but nowhere near as good as the other Souls games and most of the time doesn't feel like a From entry in the series. If you like replayability, overall amount of content and build variety, don't skip DS2, if you just care about combat, atmosphere and level design then skip it.

>They're Contrarians

Sorry if not everyone enjoys DS2, that's just not at all true. DS2 has problems, more so than any other Souls game. Is it still good? Arguable, I think it's okay but being okay is just not up to par for Souls Series quality.

Because the game is so terribly animated so that everything feels like it's moving underwater and has the jankiest fucking hitboxes in the series, but at the same time it also has a lot of charming and cool things about it.

Start with Demon's Souls because it's much more janky compared to other games so if you don't start with it you'll have a hard time getting into it later.

>Demon's Souls = 10/10
>Dark Souls = 10/10
>Dark Souls 2 SOFTS = 8/10
>Dark Souls 3 = 8/10
>Bloodborne = 10/10
>Sekiro = 9/10

Bscly, Dark Souls 2 and 3 are the weaker entries of the series as a whole.

Multiple reasons, but main ones

1) desperate trying to "outdo" DS1 in terms of difficulty
>hp cut on every death until halfway through the game and getting the ring
>very few iframes on rolls until you level up adaptability, and game never tells you that
>no iframes on door and fog gates, meaning youre gonna get killed a lot while entering boss room
>some really weird hitboxes and tracking on certain enemies and bosses
>runup to the bosses is often more difficult than the fight itself
>enemies have seemingly near infinite aggro range and will keep chasing you forever in some areas, like Iron Keep and Heide Tower
>lame "difficulty" by placing bonfires in bullshit spots, like the one in Iron Keep where you just down 1 meter to the bonfire and cant get back up, and have to go around through PVP rape arena to progress

2) lack of world coherency and very arbitrary world design
>levels connecting very arbitrarily via elevators and tunnels
>tons of corridor based levels with boss fight and a bonfire to teleport out of at the end; not leading further
>elevators into the sky like in Earthen Peak, and stuff like that

3) reused bosses

4) idiotic plot elements
>pile of rubble is blocking your way, so u have to go through Shrine of Winter, and in order to open it u have to roam around the gameworld and slaughter shitton of powerful enemies

And bunch of other reasons.

Its still a good game though, out of all Dark Souls games this one definitely has the best dreamy and eerie atmosphere, and also the best bonfire waifu.

Attached: Mbpw5Zx.jpg (850x895, 158K)

If I'm on PS4 is the remastered worth getting?

Sekiro is way better than Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1. I can accept Bloodborne being better than it since both are about on par but not these two.

I disagree, I think Bloodborne is very good but the second half is as weak as DaS 1's i m o. Sekiro is a charmingly manic, rock hard game with clunky mechanics (particularly the stealth). In that sense it feels like a modern NES game. I wouldn't say it's the best but it's good

Expectations were high, then the downgrade came. Then it turned out the game was scrapped and remade like half-year before release. So there are a lot of problems with it, namely slower combat, questionable stats like agility and soul memory and most of all grafical and world design consistency. It was different enough to divide the fanbase but don't get memed on, it's a perfectly fine game, it just came after a really good game and paled in comparison in a lot of aspects.

It does excel in quantity but the quality suffered. Some aspects of it like fashion souls, magic, dual-wielding, zone diversity, actually meaningful NG+ and PvP are arguably above DS1 and 3. I personally also enjoy ambience in a lot of zones, DLC plots and Aldia so there's a lot to like about the game if you're okay with its core elements: if you end up liking them then you'll probably really enjoy the game.

Yeah it's fine, it's just a graphical downgrade from the original is all. It is 60 fps though.

ds1 is shit anyway even when it was new

terrible taste my man

These. Graphics were worse, movement and combat were worse and the game was longer and harder for no other reason than "sequel has to be longer and harder".
I don't regret playing it but I sold it after 100%ing it and will never go back to it.

DeS and DS1 are really janky, but enjoyable games.
Bloodborne is a bit of an unconventional but amazingly put together action rpg/dungeon crawler.
Completely ignore DS2 and 3 because they're completely rushed and hashed together messes.
I haven't completed Sekiro yet but I'm loving it so far and it's shaping up to be one of my favorites with probably the most combat depth.

It's definitely not Remastered.

Go in order of release, so Demon's Souls first, or Dark Souls (non Remastered PC version with DSFix).

Skip Dark Souls 2, and Dark Souls 3 play last whatever order you choose.

Only ds1 and ds3 follow each other, they're mostly stand alone

ds1, ds3 then BB
also sekiro

ds2 if you want brainrot

It's nothing like their other games and has the worst PvE in their entire series.
People who bought it on release to play online with their friends still like it though.

just play whichever you think looks cooler, they are both good games

Attached: 1428434683915.jpg (600x851, 80K)

If you want a piece of the pvp before the games die then ds3 is the most active one

How about Armored Core?

fpbp

Play Sekiro, it's unironically their best game.

I took like a decade off video games and these were the only ones I felt like I actually missed. I started with 3 because I heard it was the best intro to the series. I now have played them all and love them all, and honestly, it doesn't matter where you start. There aren't many other games like these, so just play them

You start with Dark Souls, then move onto Bloodborne. Maybe Sekiro next.
Then you can pick and choose the rest.
Also, the Souls community is retarded and you should stay away until you're done with their games.

Play the games as they were released. Start with Demon's Souls.

mad cuz bad

If someone were to ask "What is the Dark Souls experience like?" I would just show them DS1. It's a very honest, uncompromising, cohesive experience and the entire package is masterfully designed. You can tell the creator had a real vision when developing it.

The gameplay however,shows it's age even in the remaster. It's janky, simple, often clunky and obtuse. While the others have significantly polished the gameplay and streamlined a lot of design choices, I don't believe they have that "it" factor that made DS1 work so uniquely well.

I would buy it on the cheap, appreciate it for what it is, and then enjoy the more action-oriented sequels later if you're hungry for more.

Attached: dump_eet.jpg (259x195, 7K)