The Yea Forumserdict is in

The Yea Forumserdict is in.
BB > Sekiro >>>>>>>>>>> Souls

Attached: sekiro-shadows-die-listing-thumb-01-ps4-eu-21jun18?$Icon$.png (920x518, 561K)

pretty much yeah

MY

DS1 atmosphere and world is still goat

sekiro > bb/souls
soulsborne combat is unironically SOULLESS compared to sekiro

this

BB>DS3>SEKIRO>DS1
That doesn't mean any of them are bad though, just less good

DS3 isn't that good bro
The only thing it has is bosses

Sekiro is fun, but I'm just not drawn into the setting and the lore like I was in BB and DS1

In my opinion
Bloodborne = Dark Souls 1 (masterpieces) > Demon's Souls = Sekiro (both have an incredible foundation that have huge potential to be turned into something incredible, follow up on that sequel bait ending in Sekiro fromsoft, I want more) > Dark Souls 3 (Has good improvements, but totally uninspired and lacks what made the original good) > Dark Souls 2 (Is different from the original, but complete jank, although still decently fun)

Souls>>>>>>>>>>>BB
Sekiro
People should stop trying to compare a game that is literally different in almost every way to Souls

>Dark Souls 1
>masterpiece
Since when can blatantly unfinished games be masterpieces?

dude EVEN IF ds1 held up the quality throughout the entire game it would still not be as good as bloodborne or sekiro

Well, no game is ever perfect. There's not a single 10/10 game that's actually flawless. Every game has flaws no matter what, but in my opinion even though Dark Souls has flaws, the good in it is enough for me to enjoy it so much to the point where I can call it a masterpiece (in my opinion of course)
I disagree with you.

demons souls > sekiro > bloodborne > dark souls >>>>>>>>>> sequels

>less build variety
>better
BB and Sekiro are legit trash

I enjoyed Sekiro only more than the awful DaS2. Otherwise I preferred the Soulsborne games way more. There was more freedom in gameplay and setting invited more variety and creativity.

Attached: dark_souls_3_by_zedotagger-d9yaglh.gif (960x540, 1.2M)

I can agree with this

Sekiro combat is awful. The addition of thrust: mikiri , sweep:jump and lightning: air parry ended up reducing the quality for the bosses.

Because right off the bat you made 2-3 attacks from the boss irrelevant. Reducing their moveset, because you have a guaranteed counter the game gives you. Hell the game even gives you a warning beforehand (Shouldn't have added this desu). The game even makes dodging worthless so you're really only limited to 2 options: Deflect or Counter.

The former is only challenging on the Path of Hardship (which should have been default imo) because you have to perfectly time your deflects.

In normal play you just L1 everything you canand counter what you can't. The game straight up tells you what you can and can't do. Its a memorization game.

Whereas in Souls bosses can pull any different one of their moveset and you have one option. Roll and exploit your small frames of iframes to dodge. Each attack has different timing. You could be a pro and mistime a roll against Demon Twins and die. Where as Sekiro the movesets are so small it doesn't matter

>There's not a single 10/10 game that's actually flawless

Attached: ss.png (1193x399, 641K)

>small frames of iframes to dodge.

Imagine judging the enjoyment of an action game based on build variety, fucking yikes

Attached: 1554213667128.jpg (1024x1024, 161K)

>reddit spacing
>retarded opinion
Everytime

I watched walkthroughs on youtube and agree

When I gave that old bitch some rice and she kept talking about a kite and a puppet my brain fucking activated. I went to that little gremlin, took control of his mind and ran back up the hill to jump over.
I felt so fucking smart.

t. never never beat sekiro

based

Imagine enjoying video games

It's true

I honestly, can't believe it, but I agree with you.
Every, the prime example for this is Genichiro and Isshin (for me at least).
When I got to the next phase of these bosses, they got easier, noticeably so, and their final phases were, honestly surprisingly easy. Flashy, sure, but complete pushovers.

Sekiro is very difficult in the beginning, but once you actually learn it to the point of decent skill, then it's probably I'd say about as easy as Dark Souls 2 if not even easier. The bosses are just not that fun to fight on repeat playthroughs, almost all the regular enemies are complete pushovers. The game is super exploitable, even though it was supposed to be "more balanced" it feels like some tools in your arsenal are just way way way too powerful and some are way way way too underpowered.
I think they are on to something with the combat, but the execution here was less than decent.

BB was arguably BTFO by dark souls 3

now its just 6 feet under👌

this. sekiro has fantastic combat and a good story and good lore. its objectively better than soulsborne games, especially bloodborne who's only strongpoint was muh lovecraft

BB is worse than DaS and Sekiro is better than DaS.
It is official.

based. wheres the like button?

>Muh builds.

A phrase commonly spouted by people who relied on summons, exploits and over-leveling in order to turn the Souls franchise into a glorified dress up game. They can often be found scribbling in the garden outside Pontiffs bonfire.

Attached: 1536118898606.jpg (800x800, 55K)

Pretty much

Bar was set really high with Sekiro combat, hopefully following FS games use this as baseline instead of roll-roll-r1 loop.

>objectively
Yikes.

now lets not get carried away, soulsborne has way better lore and even story in some cases. sekiros story is boring and lore even more so. but its about gameplay so ultimately doesnt matter

EXTRACTION

>dodging
>worthless
lol shitter. there are attacks specifically meant to be dodged and there are attacks that you could parry but alternatively dodge because on some enemies and attacks dodging is better than parrying. already that gives the game more depth than dark souls.

Builds adds replay value
Fighting a boss with a giant unga club is a different experience than fighting a boss with a queer ass long sword.

you only say the lore is boring because vaati hasnt spoonfed it to you yet

>muh action combat
why do sonybros not understand that Souls series is at its heart an RPG and not ninja gaiden

lol no its not. the only time big weapon vs small weapon makes a difference is against the small enemies. against bosses its still roll spam and r1 in the same openings.

Will wait for Sekiro's inevitable DLC stuff before judging it against others. Yea Forums seems to have forgotten how much they complained about pre-DLC BB.

Sekiro and BB are not Souls shit

oh yes souls games are remembered very fondly for their RPG mechanics that made almost no difference in the game.

I've cleared the game 6 times, all of which with seed and 5 of which without charm. Every boss encounter is the same. I can only think of actively using dodge on 2 encounters Owl (overhead) and Old man when he does flame based attacks.
Dodging in sekiro is inferior to deflect

>game enjoyment = replay value
maybe if youre a fucking neet. i doubt ill ever play sekiro again after beating ng+ whereas i still occasionally play all the souls titles. but the pure enjoyment i got out of sekiro is far greater than anything from the souls game

sekiro has plenty of replay value because the albeit narrow combat system is actually fun and engaging.

Source?

BB atmosphere blows it out of the water. still good tho. I'll give you world layout with how much of it you could see from one place

Attached: yharnam.jpg (2967x4210, 3.45M)

there is nothing to spoonfeed, its not dark souls, its not exactly hard to figure out for yourself

>he doesn't use dodge on lady butterfly
lol ultra shitter detected. the game has more variety in playstyle than you think.

OH
RUBBER

Fucking idiot

souls were modernized dungeon crawlers before ds2 repurposed the series into hardest rpg ever made

Had a few days to digest Sekiro now and it's probably my least favorite of their games and I'm never going to replay it.
It was good but not something that's going to stick with me. I blame the setting the most for that.

I think that's some retard-tier logic. You effectively can completely push aside any argument by saying "hurr only people who used summons say that" even if it's not true. You can't just blanket every argument like that and move on, it's disingenious, and frankly, downright stupid.
I never summoned in Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, 1,2 and 3, and Bloodborne.
The variety of builds you could make in those games encouraged the player to try out new things and each of their playthroughs would feel different depending on what builds they were doing. You had to play the game in a different way depending on your built, which didn't make it any less fun to play it for the second, third and fourth time (and so on) compared to the first.
With Sekiro, on the 4th playthrough now, I found myself just rushing through the game on the second playthrough, I was steamrolling everything. The enemies were "harder", but I knew the combat system in and out. The enemies on my first playthrough that took me 5+ tries took me no effort this time around and almost every encounter felt very similar. This is because enemies in Sekiro are very weak, only the mini-bosses are kind of up there, but even most of those are easily defeated because by the second playthrough, if you've learned the game right and haven't done hit and run shit, you will have learned how to counter every situation. It's just not as much fun.

exactly, so stop comparing them
>builds and gear
>not important to souls games
ah a professional retard

A game set in yharnam pre everyone getting turned into a beast would be kino

Westaboo

Sekiro has no replay value compared to any of the Souls games or Bloodborne. Each playthrough is so similar to the first that's there's no reason to play it again. There's no new challenge. There's no reason to explore. There's no different way to approach combat based on your choices.

Attached: 1547404621457.jpg (960x960, 73K)

dodging is great in sekiro, it requires you to actually treat enemy attacks as physical things to avoid rather than frame timing. the risk/reward is good once you learn to actually watch how enemies move

lol no it's not.

a detective/noir sort of game where you are a church hunter investigating mysterious deaths that are rapidly becoming more frequent just before it all goes to hell

Atmosphere wise yes but Sekiro's gameplay is far better. At first I wasn't fan focus on block but after killing genchiro my opinion changed.

What do you dodge on user?
After she deflect she has 4 options
Jump back, up overhead, where you casually move left or right and then bully her with R1/CAs
Kick, which you reflect and bully with R1s
Sweep, which you jump and goomba stomp before resuming the R1 spam
Jump back, behind which you run 180 behind you where she lands and resume R1.
Then do the same on phase 2 because she doesn't summon if you never let up.

I love sekiro but theres no depth outside the intial initial learning process.
Good example of a high skill floor but low skill ceiling game.

its not. the game devolves into roll and r1 spam no matter what weapon you pick.

Sekiro>BB
And I say this as a BBfag.

>There's no new challenge
ng+ is arguably more difficult than ng though, havent tried beyond that

Sekiro>DaS3>BB>DaS=Das2
I can't even imagine how bad might be your taste to think otherwise

Attached: 1526851928683.jpg (954x586, 168K)

after she deflects dodge behind her. you will dodge her kick and if she dodges back you can catch her before she can jump sometimes and you can punish the throwing knives.

DS2 introduces "dualwielding" stances
BB added gimmick weapons, attack heal and fast dodging (Step forward)
DS3 removed dualwielding stances but had magic estus (step backward)

Sekiro mastered BB's movement and healing system, but also introduced vertical movement (In combat and roaming) and more defensive and offensive rock paper scissors mechanics than any earlier game (not just dodging or rolling anymore)
Give me one good reason why Sekiro isn't your #1 from software game

Attached: 1554165723708.jpg (1120x1580, 1.24M)

Attached: 70114871.png (1296x1458, 217K)

I almost always dodge the second hit of an enemy combo after deflecting the first. easy way to get a few hits in with zero risk after you have seen the combo once or twice and know where its going

>Give me one good reason why Sekiro isn't your #1 from software game
i cant, the combat is truly a masterpiece
cant wait to see how they improve on it, even if they feed me the same shit again this time in china ill take it

In Souls games you're rewarded for your efforts in NG+ difficulties in a couple of different ways depending on the game. Which is why I specified new challenge; not just a challenge. And even if we ignore all of the differences and focus strictly on the fact that Sekiro has more difficulty in NG+ and beyond, this would be for the sake of this argument identical to all of the games its being compared to so mentioning it isn't relevant when determining whether or not a game has more replay value than the others.

I feel like that is suboptimal though

oh shit im sorry i didn't consider your bloodborne ranged shitter build. oh yes spamming the shoot button is so much different from r1 spam.

Gun fort is bullshit.

It's.... it's..... (let me think of something good)

...IT ONLY HAS ONE WEAPON!1

Fuck you, BB is still better. Not by much, but still

Attached: 1475171437775.png (569x570, 280K)

muh builds
muh pvp
muh overleveling
muh summoning

souls ng+ is a fucking joke with the possible exception of ds2

Attached: a5MZ4DL_700b.jpg (326x294, 18K)

It is. It dramatically changes the way you approach combat. This gives the games more depth of gameplay and more options for the player.

Sekiro's healing system is straight out of DS2 though, with it's estus shards (seeds) and lifegems (pellets)

Sekiro's NG+ is even more of a joke using this metric, so exactly what point are you trying to make here?

You seem very defensive, but I'll bite.
Your argument about build variety adding challenge to the game is completely false and you proved it in your own post. Once you learn an enemies moveset, their weaknesses and exploits, it doesn't matter how you approach them, you will still find it easier than it was the first time. The difference is, an obstacle in one game can be passed with something other than your own skill. Disregarding the people who play it for a living, posting nohit runs on Jewtube, the average person would most likely never complete a playthrough of DaS while staying at SL0. You are expected to use summons, you are expected to level up and it's even expected to use these to completely cheese the game.

Why do you think they were taken out of Sekiro?

its not though. sekiro ng+ boosts the posture of enemies significantly and you HAVE to start using all the tools you have not just your sword. in souls its all the same shit, enemies are stronger all around but so are you thanks to leveling
at least play sekiro ng+ before shitposting

>want to skillless, beadless, charmless, bell NG run
>remember how important mikiri counter is and air parry is

I would only be able to do the shura ending, because I would be soft locked on divine dragon

>I almost always dodge the second hit of an enemy combo after deflecting the first
Fucking this, most of them expose their ass while they're doing a combo.

Youre limited to 3 pellets though, and you cant get them easily

As opposed to DS2 infinite, although slow, healing

>Give me one good reason why Sekiro isn't your #1 from software game

Everything feels so much smaller in Sekiro than other From games. The physical levels you move around in, the plot, the world. I have no incentives to replay it because I saw everything meaningful in my first playthrough.
Souls and Bloodborne took me ages to feel like I had really seen everything there was to offer.

The combat becomes very stale after the first playthrough.
One of the biggest reasons that leads to this problem, in my opinion, is the basic katana moveset. It's the only thing you have. It's pretty slow, doesn't have much variety (a trick-weapon in bloodborne has more attacks and more variation).
This moveset is not fun to use, it's not fast and it's not responsive enough. They want to make an action-game, but the actual main moveset you have with the katana is still stuck in a dark souls past. Miyazaki can't let it go, why? I don't get it, but it gets boring after one playthrough because of this. The way they circumvented this in previous games was by having, well, a whole bunch of weapons that played differently from each other.
There's no good reason for Sekiro to not have more weapon movesets, and to be honest, the base moveset should be completely different and shouldn't feel like a slow Dark Souls moveset, it shouldn't.

>can't get them easily
Literally everyone drops some
I have like 800 and only on ng4

>outspace and spam shoot
oh yes so much different than outspacing and spamming r1. souls games have shit replayability. i never replayed ds1, i only replayed ds3 to make a new pvp character, and i could barely finish bloodborne the first time it was so boring even though i didn't die once in the final area.

I just told you Sekiro's NG+ is worse using the same metric. The differences you're describing between NG and NG+ in Sekiro also have parallels in all of the Souls games and Bloodborne. You're evading the point. Making enemy numbers bigger is exactly what Souls games already do in NG+.

>shouldn’t have added the kanji system
Yeah some attacks should’ve randomly been unblockable such a great system

Sekiro is objectively a masterpiece but I still prefer Souls because I really enjoy RPGs.
I love getting new gear and loot, it gives me more motivation to push through, especially after a really hard boss fight in Souls games you usually have some time to relax and goof around and the prizes are usually cooler with new outfits and weapons.

Said that, I'm really glad that From went this direction, if they manage to make a game as challenging and fun as Sekiro and still implement some heavier RPG elements I think we'll have the game of the decade.

Bosses have a small/limited moveset.
Inclusion of QTEs (Peerless) and deflect makes the game feel like a MGR sequel made by From Software.

So you're just shitposting. You're trying to make a false equivalence and make outrageous claims about the replayability. Don't expect me to take cunts like you seriously if you're not even going to bother typing adequate English as well. Retarded cunts like you always put no effort into your garbage rhetoric.

youre a bit retarded arent you? sekiro is fundamentally a different game, not only because of the lack of stats but also because of how the combat works. pumping enemy stats (posture really) makes sekiro a significantly harder experience and also forces you to use a different playstyle, in souls its just the same shit. play the fucking game

>Once you learn an enemies moveset, their weaknesses and exploits, it doesn't matter how you approach them, you will still find it easier than it was the first time.
But, you had a lot more weapons, and having a different moveset for your weapon still makes it feel different to fight. A slow greatsword doesn't feel like a fast dagger. Even though I know their weaknesses, there's a new experience to be had there. How do I approach with the greatsword? How many attacks can I get in? What is my weapon reach? This changes the way I can play against this enemy.
I think they were taken out of Sekiro because fromsoft is too lazy to make more than one shitty slow katana moveset.

That is true, but what I meant is the fact that you can heal without heals
In bloodborne, you hit to regain health that hasn't been lost yet
In Sekiro, you heal with executions, which is inherently smarter because bloodborne's system makes you slip up out of greed when you just spam attack after being hit

Thats why every attack, including peerless ones have a very noticable and obvious starting animation.

>Making enemy numbers bigger is exactly what Souls games already do in NG+.
Yeah except they're totally different kind of games so the comparison only makes sense on surface level and falls apart if you play both NG+s.

> BB>anything
Why Snoy is on damage control for last week? There are about 5 threads a day of Snoy defending their exclusive

Attached: 1547869193186.jpg (750x750, 29K)

Ninja Gaiden had much more weapon variety than Sekiro actually. It has nothing to do with RPG vs non-RPG, multiple weapons are the standard in pure action games. Fromdrone defense force is just genuinely retarded.

>You're trying to make a false equivalence
I'm the shitposter? you're the one pulling logical fallacies out of your ass and accusing me of things i didn't do. i never made outrages claims. i stated my personal experience but your puny ass brain got so offended by the fact that your soulshit might not actually be the perfect game that you sperged out and just started spouting "HURR SHITPOSTER"

Lack of stats lowers replayability. Less options lowers replayability. Making you spend marginally more time parrying does not add depth to the gameplay or increase the difficulty in a way that would make you change your strategy. There is only one valid strategy and you've mastered it before you even finish NG.

>BB atmosphere blows it out of the water
BB's "atmosphere" is cheesy, cartoony gothic horror. Dark Souls is way better in that department

No one cares.
Some people didn't like Nippon Souls.
Cope more, shill.

Are you ACTUALLY retarded? There's tons of other queue's. The giant red DANGER sign is just there for retards like you.

im not arguing it doesnt lower replayability. if you recall my original point was that sekiro is the same game just significantly more difficult, most likely forcing you to change how you play but youre still using the same tools. sekiro only warrants 2 playthrough, souls games warrant many more

>ng4
Bro

During normal first playthrough youre easily gonna run out of them if you keep using them as "bonus 3 healings" for no reason, and having to farm for them is autism personified.

I'd say they did a good job with balancing the healing in Sekiro in general, you do have options to use semi-rare consumables when you need that extra push in a fight, but also you have to limit yourself or youre gonna run out.

B-BUT MUH LOVECRAFT AND VAATI!

Yes. You're shitposting. You're ignoring points being made to you and trying to change the subject. You're now trying to misrepresent my opinions in order to make them appear less credible. That's called strawmanning. You can't help yourself. Legitimate discussion is beyond you.

>let’s just randomly have some attacks unblockable
Great game design you got there

Fucking idiot.
This is why I hate sekiro players

Then you agree with my point and you had no reason to argue with me in the first place since my singular point was that Sekiro has less replayability than all of the Souls games and Bloodborne.

>because bloodborne's system makes you slip up out of greed when you just spam attack after being hit
But that's on you. You aren't supposed to just mash attack with no thought, you are supposed to make a decision
Can I regain some health right now safely by being more aggressive?
Bloodborne's system doesn't make you slip up, if you slip up it's on you because you played too greedily and started mashing. If you get hit then it means:
You haven't learned your weapon and the different attacks and their speed
You haven't learned the enemies moveset and are unaware of what attack with the specific weapon you're using is fast enough or powerful enough to safely get a hit on on the enemy to regain health. This makes the combat very dynamic and different depending on what weapons you use.

This. Also the input buffering is retarded

"I'd much prefer being able to abuse my 20 i-frame rolls."

Attached: 1524795889632.png (559x448, 73K)

I'll agree with this, because Sekiro is actually fun to play unlike souls games

> No one cares
> B-bloodborne still better, am I right guys?
> several times for a day
Yeah

Attached: 1473819487400.png (631x710, 1003K)

came here to post this

Please don't use big words such as game design when you have single digit IQ.
Yes, making some attacks require different strategies to be avoided is better game design than just spamming L1, Soulsbab.

you ignored my points retard. i stated my personal experience was that build "variety" was not an incentive to replay the game for me, but you sperged out at the idea that build variety isn't this magical replayability solution but instead just an illusion for faggots like you who think spamming r1 is different if you change the animation.

Why does Sekiro triggers Souls fags so much? Are they just mad because it's a superior game? How petty.

yeah i did because you said
which is blatantly false. theres no new challenge in souls again apart from ds2 arguably. the replayability from souls comes from different builds but the game itself doesnt get more difficult unless you find a particular playstyle challenging. in sekiro the game gets hell of a lot more difficult but you still use the same tools ever time

I have no idea. A couple of years ago it was MonHun fags attacking souls players. It's just the circle of faggotry.

>let’s randomly have some attacks be unblockable
>this is good game design

I get the point, but the same can be said for Sekiro's very lenient deflect timings.
It's not some frame-perfect timing, you have an extremely relaxed perfect deflect window.
In Souls you have many I frames with rolls, but in Sekiro you have many frames with perfect deflects.
It's not really that different.

Liked Sekiro at first but now its lack of depth and replay value has really taken its toll on me. I don't think it be fair to rate it how I feel because I just 100% and a optional challenge run without charm and bell.

It wouldn't be fair because im just burned out, and I just dont see myself coming back to it unless theres a dlc. I still reccomend people play it

Attached: 1550643869708.gif (320x240, 728K)

Based boomer

People compared MH to Souls?

I'm not wondering why....I'm wondering how.

> randomly
You didn't even beat a butterfly, did you?

>I ambivalent to gothic horror because the internet has given me preconceived juvenile notions about "edgy"media
>therefore, Bloodborne has bad atmosphere

BB is the most atmospheric of any of their games to date. It is an objective fact, and to deny otherwise would be to deny the very basis of the reality we live in.

You're just repeating a claim without explaining yourself. I've played all of the Souls games, Bloodborne, and Sekiro through multiple NG+s. Sekiro has by far, by a HUGE margin, much less replayability strictly because there's less variety with your choices of how to approach the game. How you play at the beginning of Sekiro is exactly how you play at the end of Sekiro. This is not to say it's not good or entertaining; because it is. But it just doesn't change enough to warrant multiple playthroughs. There's nothing you can do to change how you approach the game. You're always going to be making the same decisions about what skills to choose and what prosthetics to use because there's very little variety in what is effective and your choices are ultimately irrelevant by end game because you've gained almost every skill you could ever need. There's no concept of a build or sacrificing in one area to focus on another in order to be effective in a different way. There's no different main weapon. There's no stats you can focus on. There's no armor you can build around.

It's just all the same every playthrough.

I'm not even a boomer I'm mid 20s. But I can recognize good games when I play them

Lower replay value than souls for sure. I wish there were other weapon options. Killing bosses and unlocking their weapons would be sick.

> I said so
Strong argument

there was a "monster hunter is like dark souls" ad campaign that happened. of course, monster hunter chads were not particularly welcoming of soulsfags coming to their game and complaining it was too hard.

That's why I specifically included the word NEW. In Souls games, even in NG+, you can at will choose to use different weapons or in some cases completely rebuild your character to suit a different play style. This adds replayability. This is not something you can do in Sekiro. There's no new challenge. It's always going to be the same game no matter what you decide.

button-smashing games are hard for soulsfags and vice-versa

all games are just spamming buttons, user, who cares what game you're playing they are all fundamentally the same!

not if you use your own made-up definition of challenge. there absolutely is a new challenge in sekiro because of how much the difficulty ramps up in ng+. you dont consider it to be new because you still have the same tools however

They're mad because they're not good enough to play it.

The Souls sequels are the only weak part of the whole franchise. Des, Das, BB, and Sekiro are almost all equally great.

Bingo. The only alternatives to the R1 poke spam are extremely limited. You only get a handful of uses for prosthetics, and in boss fights these are just a quick stun or block rather than an alternative source of damage. Combat arts are nice but their use is very limited due windup time or emblem cost.

>i stated my personal experience was that build "variety" was not an incentive to replay the game for me
So your concept of replayability is heavily biased and you believe your biased personal opinion is supposed to dictate what is objectively measurable. I'm stating things from an objective standpoint regarding what most people would consider replayable or not, and your argument hinges on this idea that what you value is the only thing people can value.

Ninja Blade >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sekiro

Every new Game from releases is more aggressive and less restrictive

Basically what i am saying ist that the Souls Design is shit and the games Turn more towards perfection that is Devils May cry

>Button mashing
>Monster Hunter

Attached: 1537805267027.png (500x646, 97K)

Sekiro was the easiest one I played though. I STILL haven't BL4 OoK

>and vice-versa

Souls-fags are too hard for button mashing?

>less restrictive
>one weapon

I'm dismissing that logic because that statement I made was in the context of the comparison of Sekiro and the Souls games. The Souls games also become more difficult, so mentioning that Sekiro gets more difficult is irrelevant when we're talking about the differences.

Do you understand? You're making an irrelevant point. I'm trying to talk about why Sekiro is different, and you're ignoring how they're different. We can't have a discussion if you're going to ignore my main point.

SnS, DB, LS, MHX Striker SA

button-smashers cant into souls, thats where the entire meme of souls being hard originates from

yes. thats why we criticize movie games and games like assassins creed where you just press one button to automatically win.

most games don't play like souls where you spam circle to abuse iframes until the boss is in a long recovery animation and you spam r1 until that window is over. thats a souls specific thing. the animations used when pressing r1 don't matter, the gameplay is identical. just boring souls shit.

but you spam buttons in both, both are fundamentally the same game

But button mashing roll and light attack is literally how souls plays.

You won't get very far solo.

you can actually beat divine dragon without lightning deflection.

It will take forever though

>I'm trying to talk about why Sekiro is different, and you're ignoring how they're different
thats fucking ironic and i could write you an autistic paragraph quoting your previous posts and mine to show you how its the exact opposite. all im gonna say is souls becomes negligently harder on ng+ again apart from arguably ds2 which changes up things more. sekiro becomes a lot harder however. souls has replay value not because of increasing difficulty but because of build variety. sekiro has (limited) replay value not because of build variety but because of difficulty

>want to get 100% achievements so my opinions are valid on Yea Forums
>don't wanna spent all the hours farming xp for all skill achieve

Fuck fromsoft

>But button mashing roll and light attack is literally how souls plays.
you werent around in 2011 were you

It doesn't feel like a step up to the souls combat gameplay loop. It feels like its own thing, a deviation. I much prefer having a weapon roster than sekiro's combat arts and prosthetics, though. That said, sekiro's combat is fun, and at moments more fun than souls. NG+ proves to be a surprising breeze, whereas in soulsborne, they're is still some level of challenge to be found. It's got good map design, and they nailed the nippon setting, though the western fantasy setting is way more appealing. Bosses are pretty good. General atmosphere and art direction still hasn't topped BB. It's also pretty short, once you enter NG or even NG+. Though a DLC might fix this, Miya said no DLC will be coming for sekiro. Since it's purely action, having no builds is kinda shitty, and you really are forced into one style of play, unless you use the prosthetics. It's a mixed bag.

Attached: Yamamura_Concept.jpg (1200x1641, 210K)

Sekiro is better than Souls games I agree, but I still enjoyed it less.
The PvP, RPG aspects and silly covenants to fuck around with is what kept me playing Souls games over and over and over again.
I have at least 500+ hours in every single Souls game, meanwhile I have 40 hours in Sekiro and am pretty much done with it.
Dont get me wrong 40 hours is still fine for a full-priced game, but my expectations from a Fromsoft game is one that could entertain me for weeks or even months.
So Im dissapointed, Sekiro was great, but it was over in a heartbeat

stay seething BBcuck

Attached: 1502042738660.png (661x670, 98K)

I agree with you.

Sekiro encounters are the same each playthrough. You'll deflect everything and counter what you can't. Bosses play out 100% identical to the last time you fought them. Sekiro difficulty relies exclusively on memorization, once you learn it once youre good to go. You could argue the same for souls, but those games don't have counter options decided already for you

>t doesn't feel like a step up to the souls combat gameplay loop
Ye it does try playing the game and not giving up at Genichiro

My bad then. Button mashing roll and spamming light attack for the backstab.

you need to use all your tools in ng+, not just your sword. enemy posture regenerates way too quickly in ng+. very few can get through ng+ using the exact same playstyle they used in ng

You were apparently much more challenged by Sekiro's NG+ difficulties than I was because in my opinion the game does not get any more difficult in NG+ and beyond than the Souls games. By the time you're in NG+ in Sekiro you have access to everything available to you in the game, and you've got enough practice to have mastered the very limited amount of decisions you could make in combat in addition to the experience of having faced all of those enemies before. Taking marginally longer to clear the bosses is not engaging for me.

> Snoy actually believe this
Can't believe this, people can't be so stupid

Attached: 1521099006829.jpg (2560x1600, 1.6M)

god you are such a brainlet. souls is watch the boss and spam a single button every time an attack is about to hit, and then spam r1. or alternatively stand just out of range then run in to r1.

sekiro adds tons of depth on top of that. you have to always be watching to choose your correct button, because its not always just dodge spam. you have to see if the enemy is hyperarmoring, or if they are doing a thrust or sweep, if they are doing a normal attack or just reposititioning. additionally you have more options at every moment than spam dodgeroll. you can wait and react to the enemy for a parry, dodge, or jump, or you can play a little more aggressively and keep attacking or preemptively dodge or jump. some enemies also have unreactable moves you have to learn to buffer against.

Sekiro>BB for me. Personally couldn't get into BB that much compared to the rest of the series, my least played game but got everything in it.

>claims sekiro doesnt have replay value
>hasnt done prosthetic only run
>hasnt done sword only run
>hasnt done path of hardship
>hasnt done combat art only run
>hasnt done no bead run
>hasnt done no skill run + no bead (sl1)

Go away

>Attack, deflect, mikiri counter, dodge, jumpkick, ichimonji interrupt
BAD
>Roll, roll, roll, roll, R1, roll, roll...
GOOD

DS1>BB>>Sekiro>>>>>>>>>>DS2>DS3

Attached: 1538892433107.png (672x688, 207K)

The fuck. Dark Souls was some goofy shit, a step down art-wise from Demon's Souls which had a coherent style it managed to maintain through the experience. DaS is all over the place with stuff like the dragon butts, the mushmen and the crystal golems to a name a few wildly inconsistent enemies.

I could use this same logic to describe to you how runs could be different in any of the Souls games or Bloodborne but I would hit the mother fucking character limit. You have demonstrably lost this argument.

Attached: 1541447798081.jpg (800x1420, 223K)

nice, I love this.

Dude I love sekiro but all this shit applies to Souls as well

No you don't. Im on NG6 and couldn't care less about prosthetics ninjutsu or combat arts.

that kind of sounds like pong to me

prove it

Do it? All bark...
The difference is every melee build in BB/Souls plays the exact same.

This. Soulsborne combat seems dated after sekiro.

This isn't a Souls game, how is that difficult for you to figure out? It's literally not an RPG.

Epic response.
Aggressive play and perfect deflects > prosthetic.
The fact that you think thats something requiring proof is absurd.

lol

then why compare it

Ninja Gaiden also has far worse combat than Sekiro, which is exactly why they made Sekiro only have one weapon, because it allows them to create an amazing combat system around it.

prove that youre on ng+6

I'd put my money on you turtleing behind a shield all the way through every Souls game and then being like; "OMG, combat is so involved!" when From finally wrested the shield from your iron grip and forced you not to cheese everything.

based sekibro

This is the true chadman taste

Attached: 1469736028029.png (3840x2160, 368K)

Its DMC 1 with only Rebellion and Royal guard

How can people say the game WOULDNT be better with different weapons and styles to choose from. The assets were already in game to begin with, you already have enemies attacking and deflecting with claws, spears, fists, bows, etc. It wouldnt be too hard to implement it on your own character.
Then they couldve made the skilltree to focus on different weapon types and weapon arts instead of the combat arts of which at least 80% is complete garbage and unusable.
These 2 simple changes to the game wouldve made me put in 100-200+ hours into the game instead of finishing the game in 2 days and then never touching it again in my life.

Dex build: roll after attack spam r1
Str build: roll after attack spam r1
Str/dex build: roll after attack spam r1
Str/fth build: buff lightning roll after attack spam r1
Str/int: buff crystal roll after attack spam r1
Dex/fth: buff lightning roll after attack spam r1
Dex/int: buff crystal roll after attack spam r1

quite the opposite, i never used a shield in souls
cope more

lool

How? Clear it and have a screen saying start ng+7? I just killed gyobo on ng6. I guess ill get back to you then. What's your email

Most weapons have different movesets, in addition to different stats and can be upgraded in various ways. Each one of those differences has an impact on what your options are in combat. You can distill it all down to "dodge and then attack" but that is a disingenuous argument that ignores a very critical part of the combat. You have to know when it's safe to do this and that depends very heavily on what weapon you're using. In Sekiro you only have the katana, so timing your own attacks and learning that one moveset is rudimentary in comparison.

The only people who claim Sekiro has more replayability than any of the Souls games or Bloodborne are literally shitposting for the sake of it. There's thousands of different approaches you could take to playing any Souls game that would impact where you end up by the end of the game. Sekiro's path is remarkably more linear because you have significantly less choices to make. This directly lowers replay value. It would be pointless to try and list to you all of the different ways you can play the Souls games or Bloodborne because I can already tell you're insistent on ignoring those differences that actually change the way you can play the game. According to you there's only one way to play the game and that's how you want to play the game. You value replayability less than other people. This does not mean Sekiro has more replay value. Not by a long shot.

FUCKING DESTROYED

Fantasy has been overdone to fucking death. BB is actually original and managed to perfectly blend together Gothic horror with werewolves, vampires and fucking lovecratian cosmic abominations.

Don't samefag, shitposter.

No, but it does feel like its own thing. Being forced to use one weapon, while using a single combat art at any time, and prosthetics doesn't feel like a step up from souls' or BB's large weapon roster, where most of the weapons feel different to play with. On top of which, there's no RPG mechanics, so no builds. It limits player expression in comparison to souls and BB. Of course, if you're proficient enough, you could mix up your usage of the prosthetics in the moment to moment combat, but in the long run it'll just feel the same. They could've EASILY fixed this by allowing the player to equip multiple weapon arts. That's what killed it the most for me.

Attached: 1550263918227.png (1000x560, 636K)

>How
yeah you havent even reached ng+2 lmao

>allowing the player to equip multiple weapon arts
Not him but you can pause the game and change them out. Not that you ever would though because by the time you realize what weapon art would be ideal to use during any particular animation it's too late to change to it.

Soulfags on suicide watch

Attached: IMG_20190402_093630_590.jpg (372x521, 45K)

Second, just the intro cutscene and tutorial already blew my mind

Sekiro: deflect spam r1

How can I have all the trophies for the 4 endings if im still ng nerd

not him but there should be numbers next to your boss memories in your inventory indicating how many you have stacked up.

Oh okay. One sec

I like how you have to be intellectually dishonest just to try and make a comeback lul

Load a save after you get an ending. You can get all the trophies in NG+1.

Feudal Japan, preset character, no builds, no replayability, no co-op... This pretty much removes everything I care about in Souls games, so I can't say I agree. Without these anything FromSoft makes is just a subpar, gritty action game in a sea of pre-existing titles of the like. I am sure whoever is a fan can enjoy it on the merit of another-action-game-to-play, but I find no reason to even touch it.

Once you get the hang of the combat, it's pretty fun and it feels weird going back to Souls after having this game's mobility available to you. I agree with the people wishing that there were more weapons and shit available though. Hope it gets a sequel because it really is a fantastic base to build something off of.

good thing sekiro is not a souls game lmao

Would you rather have an amazing girl to fuck for 1 weekend, but you can only fuck her missionary.
Or a great girl to fuck for weeks in every way you want?

Thats how Sekiro vs Souls feels for me

>being this upset that your pong clone isn't as difficult as you thought it was

Sekiro has satisfying and fun combat, but the bosses are so unbelievably not fun

If it weren't, there would be no need to compare them.

It's pointing out the flaw in the logic in a way that you can see it. When you manufacture an argument on pretenses like this when those same pretenses are used against you then you can recognize it for what it is: horseshit. That's what you're seeing now. Horseshit. The reason you're dismissing that post is the same reason the people you're arguing with are dismissing your post. In other words you have no argument.

Make sure to chew your rice slowly and don't eat it raw.

>action game in a sea of pre-existing titles of the like
But that's the opposite of true. There are very, very few action games like this in all of existence. God Hand and Ninja Gaiden Black are really the only other two. DMC is nothing like Sekiro or God Hand because DMC is known for its punching bag enemies. Sekiro and God Hand are closer to Punchout with their fights.

Except i perfectly described souls. Youre arguing in bad faith

I have to say, even though I think Dark Souls have a infinity better replayability and a better game overall, combat in Sekiro was a blast, every boss had my heart pumped up after winning, something Dark Souls had in just a few occasions. But i don't see myself playing it more than 3 time tops.

>cant like the game depiste beating it without being called a soulsfag or casual
I hate this general

Using identical logic I perfectly described Sekiro. That's what happens when you break the gameplay down to such an absurd degree. You can't claim Sekiro is exempt from the logic you're using against Souls games. That's arguing in bad faith. You need to come up with a legitimate argument instead of trying to summarize everything at an atomic level. If you do that I'm just going to do the same thing to Sekiro and the previous arguments I made still stand while you haven't addressed them. You're running away from the argument.

The Virgin Soulsfag vs The Chad Sekino

Attached: 1546871721224.jpg (1278x1210, 196K)

Lol Bloodborne is the most inferior product FS ever made. This laughable meme that BB is anything but last is entertaining. It’d be pretty pathetic if anybody actually believed BB is beyond even the worst Souls game

You can't even shitpost without making a mistake. Second post in your image isn't even linking to the first.

DaS3 and DaS2 are conteders for the weakest FROM games, buddy.

>BB
>cartoony
>when DaS1 was literally a cartoon with retarded colour coded areas

Top kek

Your havent Played many from Games then

Your mom is linked to my dick lol

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE 40TH BEAD

Exactly the sort of response I would expect from someone who tries to give someone shit for pointing out the obvious. Sekiro has very little replay value. Kick and cry all you want, but nothing's going to convince people to play through Sekiro a second time.

Sakura bull

I killed the Sakura Bull. The game wiki is saying something about Jizzou rematch in the estate but I can't find him.

Who the fuck is Jizzou. You mean The Owl?

You fucked up buddy, sry

Different ending

I took the loli's offer and now I'm at the silver grass field behind the secret passage. How does that affect me and the bead I'm trying to find?

If you decide to protect Kuro and have already killed the dragon at the fountainhead palace then it's already too late.

fucking this. you people act like souls games had such a huge variety of build options when they didn't. it's literally

>big ooga booga armor nigger with slow but long weapon
>fast nigger with short weapon
>magic/pyro nigger

it's just more damage slower or less damage faster and magic is stupid and ruins the fun of the game. fite me faggots.

Attached: 42386016-788B-4366-89AB-AA357A9B59F2.jpg (330x330, 33K)

All of them are pretty much the same game, but if that's the difficulty level from least to most, then correct.

Using the same logic Sekiro still has less variety. You're not making a point.

All aspects of Souls are as wide as a lake and as deep as a puddle. Variety, lore, environments, you name it.

It's a shallow game that only garnered sequels because it was memed as the hardest game to exist by casuals.

>too hard
Every monster in MHW is a blind drunk and the only danger comes from when the game has your clunky ass character stumble around like a paraplegic because Rathalos is crying to mom that it's his turn.