Can someone educate me? I don't get why people bitch about this. Hunger has never affected anything...

Can someone educate me? I don't get why people bitch about this. Hunger has never affected anything, it doesn't kill you unless you're on hard. And difficulty only affects the survival aspects that these people are complaining about. So they have no reason to put it on hard if they don't like those features anyway. So the same people bitching about survival aren't really getting affected at all, in any way by survival features. So why is it all people bitch about with this game?

Attached: images.png (325x155, 6K)

They probably don't understand the game's saturation values, or maybe they want easy healing. Hunger regen is sometimes a bit too slow on hard mode.

It sucks early game if you can't find a good amount of livestock, and it's trivial late game because you have a thousand cows you can slaughter.

>annoying to deal with early game
>just a nuisance bar you have to remember to fill up every minute by even midgame

Its not fun to manage, starting of as a chore to an inventory slot tax, and forces you to stop doing what you actually want to do

They got bored with the game but don't want to admit it.

But you don't have to. You can ignore it. You don't ever have to eat, it doesn't kill you.

It affects sprinting and natural regeneration tho.

But then getting touched by anything gets you killed

thats the point of surival, it should be hard to find food at first, untill you`ve built yourself something up.

I believe beacons should be reworked. Higher tier material for the beacon base = better buffing effects.
Alongside this, I think the highest tier should be a potion effect that fills saturation.

Attached: 1543707665765.png (360x178, 34K)

It's needless tedium once you get a food source. You can make a ton of bread in the first few days, and then you're set until you find cows.

I am autistic and don't want to stop my mining just to eat

I am in zero danger of losing health, why do I need to tend to those food sticks
It breaks my Flow for no reason

>tfw reached end-game food productiin a few days ago through a Zombie Pigman gold farm and a bunch of farmer villagers with apple trades

Attached: 1412792491824.jpg (437x468, 55K)

If it didn't block regen when you still have 85% of your food bar full then most people wouldn't care

Because alpha-creative baby fags got mad that survival mode wasn't just an extension of creative mode.

I just want to play with someone on the switch

Its fun with multiplayer, I like to build huge farmlands and start giving away bread and wheats to people for free

People are somewhat correct when they say it's a mechanic that is somewhat unnecessary, BUT that's also because Food and Hunger were supposed to go with items on the old "To-Do List" which never came to fruition.

Specifically:
-Plants were going to be made to only grow with direct sunlight, not from torch light.
-The game was going to feature seasons, which would also effect temperature biomes, and certain crops were going to be made to only grow in certain seasons in certain climates. So you couldn't just have one farm plot that could grow everything year-round.
-Food rot and rats (which is where Cats were going to be of utility) Because no food stays good forever, and this combined with seasons (such as harsh winters) would make it so that if you didn't store up enough of the right food at the end of a season, you could potentially starve to death during winter. And if you did store food, rodents could get into your chests and eat up things while you are off adventuring, if you didn't have a cat around.

But once again the alpha-creative baby fags whined and whined about how having to survive in SURVIVAL MODE was no fun, so instead we got exactly what that asked for which is a half-baked half-survival half-creative mode where you 100% of the time end up with an impenetrable invincible base that gets real boring real fast.

Pls send invite

Because of the following reasons
1. Foods is the same
Every item of food in the game does the exact same thing when you eat it with the exception of golden apples, meaning there is no reason to eat anything besides the best, most readily available and easiest to farm food in the game, meat. This makes every other food item a complete waste of space with the minor exception of those used in potion recipes. If food items provided different temporary buffs, this would mitigate the issue and possibly make harder to obtain foods more worth the trouble.
2. Eating adds nothing to the game
All the addition of a hunger bar does is make you have a stack of steak in your inventory to chew on so you can keep running and healing. Running isn’t a powerful enough ability to require an effective stamina bar, which are annoying enough in other games as it is. The trade off of avoiding enemies and not getting their loot or experience is fine enough as balance, and regenerating health over time should just be one way food can heal you, with better foods healing you faster or for a longer period of time. Ask yourself, have you ever thought “ Oh good, my hunger is low, now I get to eat.”

Certain foods have better saturation values though making golden carrots far better overall.

They really should make saturation a visible value. It's why I have AppleSkin installed

Maybe a toggle, but it would only serve to crowd the hotbar area even more.

AppleSkin does it really well by representing saturation as a gold outline of the food bar

Cows are everywhere. Kill them and make steak. Carry around a full stack of steak, eat them when your health isn't regenerating. People are fucking dumb.

like this

Attached: uRgQeSz.png (177x30, 667)