Anyone else feel like Fallout 4 never happened?

Anyone else feel like Fallout 4 never happened?

The game felt like a spinoff and had zero cultural impact, fucking Skyrim is more talked about to this day. I feel like I'm still waiting for a followup to F3/NV.

Attached: fallout4.jpg (3840x2160, 2.54M)

of course it sucked

post games with zero impact

horizon

Nope, I really enjoyed FO4 and my headcanon being a immortal director of the Institute.

Attached: 2935fddfecb2b50ff3b3dbfe8d84dc1a32f6b6da61e8048dd54e68719891030a.jpg (1500x908, 791K)

All they had to do was make skyrim with guns and it would have been praised as the second coming. How did they fuck it up so badly?

The Order 1886

no joke I completely forgot that the order was even a part of the PS4 third person shooter exclusive group

I pretend Bethesda never happened. especially after their pax panel where demonstrated a complete lack of awareness to any legitimate problems they have had. don't worry though, TES 6 is getting photorealistic textures to bring it into the next era of awesome graphics and shit. despite no one really complaining about Bethesda graphics, they sure have spent a lot of time upgrading them when they ought to have spent their time on gameplay that doesn't suck and writing that isn't awful.

After I couldn't get my mods to work on PC I just forgot about it.
Seems like everyone else outside /fog/ did too after Online came out

It had no impact even on its own universe. The Commonwealth practically exists in a bubble and there really isn't much beyond that, like a sideshow theme park.

None of your choices matter, the appeal is extremely limited outside sandbox and baseebuilding. The game might as well have not even happened

are they changing engine?

no

>TES 6

don't get your hopes up user

>mfw it's my most played game
>purely because I modded it into a hardcore stalker

yeah me too
the only somewhat enjoyable part of that game was nuka world
i sit and cry about the mess f4 was while playing chad new vegas

hahahahahahahahaha

SETTLEMENTS
SETTLEMENTS
SETTLEMENTS
SETTLEMENTS

Fallout 4 is better than Skyrim desu. I didn't give it a fair shot when I first got it. There needed to be a more difficult non-survival setting though, things eventually got way too easy even on the hardest setting.

>SETTLEMENTS

Attached: 1467156512908.jpg (1920x1200, 673K)

No. Although the engine is only part of the problem. The real issue is them being shit at using it.

gameplay was better than in previous games and the settlement bullshit was fun for a while. The story and rpg elements sucked tho

>changing engine
why the fuck would they just switch engines?

Attached: 1522530846626.jpg (2403x1886, 612K)

I unironically love Fallout 4. It's fun and definitely much better than Skyrim.

3 was shit, there is only three fallout games 1, 2 ans NV

theres more fallout merchandise than skyrim stuff.

you just feel like fallout isnt talked about because you disliked the 4th game so your mind just naturally ignores anything fallout related.

>F3
No
>NV
Yes

The crops user! What do they eat???

Also for as nice as it looks, the settlers have zero character and seem like the first step of something that could have been deeper, but thats Beth in a nutshell

>plays at 4 fps on a super computer
>AI doesnt even understand what those buildings are
bravo todd

Based

>plays at 4 fps on a super computer
it was made in the Creation Kit, it crashed whenever un-paused

Attached: 1467155611275.jpg (1920x1200, 576K)

This guy knows what's up. Did you also join the Nuka World raiders and take over the commonwealth aside from a few towns you left alone for trade purposes?

lmao

>crashed whenever un-paused
That so user? Lemme come and see if theres something wrong with your PC..

Attached: openforTod.jpg (658x932, 69K)

It was fun but a lot of the fun were derived from mods. I was able to enjoy Skyrim on console, and even more so on PC

gameplay wise its better than skyrim
quests are better in skyrim but since those are even more worthless then shit idk what to call fo4 story etc

People whining about the engine whine because they think it makes them seem smarter than the average normie retard.

I don't mind the engine at all. Good looking games, easy to run on budget PCs.

is it worth a playthrough?
just finished my backlog, now I got nothing to play

Steam says I put 70 hours in to Fallout 4, yet I barely remember any of it. Bethesdas writing has been complete garbage since Skyrim and open world rpgs aren't novel anymore.

>easy to run on budget PC
not when TES 6 comes out, Todd said they were going to use Photogrammetry to render landscapes into the Creation Engine

Attached: 1512174429805.png (1815x900, 1.52M)

RDR2

I basically forgot about it because I didn't agree with any ending. I like the idea of the institute doi g science to help man kind, but I thought the whole "kill all surface dwellers" thing was a bit much. I like the idea of all the settlements working together to fix shit and kill off mutants and bandits, but then they're all pussies and want me to treat robots like they're real people. Oddly enough Nick Valentine was my favorite companion, but I never thought of him as human.

No Todd...

Attached: Sawyer_bazooka.jpg (409x529, 34K)

Attached: 1477146724768.png (1601x872, 4M)

Far Harbor alone was worth it

Attached: F4DLC-6.jpg (2560x1440, 2.21M)

It manage to be so bad that I just completely disregarded the story and lore retconning entirely.

It takes effort to make a game this underwelming and bad.

Is it because im black user?

Attached: NoggHoward.png (579x577, 392K)

i actually preferred FO4 to most of the other fallouts. FO3/NV sucked ass. FO4 wasn't amazing by any means but at least the FPS aspects were passable, the world was nicely filled with stuff to explore, and it had a reasonable amount of sidequests that were pretty solid.

ultimately the problems were: 1) nothing interesting to loot & modding system was somewhat pointless/dull, 2) faction system was shit and had no impact, and 3) settlement system was pointless. it was like a bunch of systems/mechanics that were pretty fun purely on their own, but none of them worked together to make the game as a whole interesting at all once you got past the novelty of running around boston.

more unique loot to find (with some diablo-style randomization as dungeons respawn) would've added to the replayability a lot; faction warfare could have been an actual cool feature; and settlements having some impact on the game besides just pure novelty would have been nice.

>game with gunplay of Fallout 4
>but everything else from Fallout New Vegas
Can we agree that this would be a perfect Fallout?

Attached: 1554179411573.jpg (720x720, 77K)

Great game, terrible Fallout game. So much lore sodomized to death

No, it's because of your lies Todd

Attached: Sawyer_mad.png (571x645, 747K)

>Great game

the standards have really dropped on here haven't they?

Attached: 1553796997084.jpg (960x854, 99K)

Fallout 4 probably has the single worst main story, and in general, writing, for any AAA game ever, especially at the size and popularity of Bethesdashit.

The only SEMI decent writing in that fucking game is things that involve Nick, his "brother" and 1 quest with brainbots in a hidden vault(hell it was hidden, AND hinted at as you looked at logs in shit in the main giant building, almost like what good writing and storytelling should be....) Yet, that quest is also a perfect example of how fucking shallow the game is.

You cannot tell them at all that the world is fucked, and you cant change really any outcome of the quest(one that comes off as open ended) and is linear as fuck.

wow

Because their engine is fucking ancient, and getting a well-optimized new engine would not only make the game run better, but would make new things possible. That being said, some mods clearly show that their engine is capable of more than what they are doing with it, despite having so much experience with it, so Bethesda is just super lazy.

baito

only people that liked FO3/NV are the same queers that jizz over games like morrowind, oblivion, skyrim, etc. e.g. underage faggots who were experiencing their first "open world" game. they're shit. FO4's world felt alive enough, the problem was it was if the designers only fleshed out the the game for the 1st 10-15 levels and then assumed people would just stop playing or something.

Settlement building was the insidious killer of the Fallout franchise. On its most basic surface level it was enjoyable, so it didn't attract the same immediate backlash as the Skills/Perks and voiced dialogue.

The reality is that it carved the game's content out. The game is so pathetically shallow and devoid of actual content as a result of the settlement system, and the gameplay loop became so latched onto trash collection that it just became a hollow, meaningless system with no real feeling of reward.

It turned Fallout's experience from one of wandering a new world to something as mindless as t the countless Survivalcraft rip off indie early access titles on Steam. That's why it left so little impact, because it was a hollow game.

Attached: fernando-correa-il-piloto.jpg (1920x1920, 678K)

Attached: 1550648854463.gif (500x375, 498K)

I actually enjoyed FO4, the problem was that mid-late game i was so unstoppable that i was 2 shotting deathclaws and was getting called to rebuild and defend settlements constantly. Beginning of the game was neat tho

I like the dog and the shooting is marginally better than in New Vegas, except for Bethesda being too lazy to add correct lever/pump action reloading scripts.

guy looks like as if he had late stage aids-cancer

fallout 4 and skyrim barely qualify as an RPG

Forearm tattoos are how they inject the onions concentrates

>Because their engine is fucking ancient,
gamebryo and unreal are the same age
>despite having so much experience with it, so Bethesda is just super lazy.
that shit cost money, and Todd would have to go to BPS and ask his boss for more money, and then BPS would have to go to Zenimax to ask for the money, keep in mind Kojimas FOX Engine was 60 million american burgers

Fallout 4 is just wasted potential
>settlements really fit into Fallouts idea of rebuilding society, unfortunately you can only make Minutemen settlements and no matter how hard you try the place will look like a dump. They even added the materials to make raider bases but no raider faction means no personal army of slavers.
>the institute and synths are actually a pretty good metaphor for the red scare and communist invasion, like if Father had repeated Marx when asked why he and the institute are doing what they are doing it would have made the story great, instead its a big nothing.
These two are the biggest missed opportunities of the game.

That’s exactly what I thought hell ,tactics and brotherhood of steel feel more Cannon than 4

>tactics and brotherhood of steel feel more Cannon than 4
just stop

Canon, not cannon

Sorry man that’s how much I hate 4

You literally can't run Fallout 4 on a "budget" PC. It barely even runs on consoles.

I never played it, but I'm definitely gonna pirate it once the Fallout Cascadia mod drops. Only reason I even care about F4

stop trying to meme cultural relevance of games you mentally ill autist this is your third thread of the day