Pokemon red

Are any of the available fire types good? I didnt pick charmsnder. got arcanine and his stats seem bad, also only has ember despite being lv33, I also evolved eevee to flareon and her stats still suck.

Also is it worth farming coins for dratini ?

Attached: Pokémon_box_art_-_Red_Version.png (220x221, 110K)

Not really a lot on the front for fire types in that game. Flareon is ass, don't bother with him. Dragonite is a broken piece of shit so by all means go for him.

There's really no point in fire types in Gen1. Dragonite provides the same coverage with Fire Blast wirh less drawbacks.

Funny thing is gen 1 is one of the gens with the biggest selection of fire types, there just aren't many fire types in general. D/P is the worst offender, your only choices in the way fire Pokemon were either the starter, a ponyta or fucking heatran.

I love gen 4 but that was some bullshit

Attached: 78239142-243e-4b0f-ad97-c4d77207772e.gif (366x169, 1.83M)

If you didn't evolve your eevee, try Flareon. You can catch Dratini in the safari zone. Farming coins through the slots is literally just rng, so just buy them. The only pokemon you need the game corner to get is Porygon, which is fairly shit, so don't even fuck with it unless you're trying to complete the pokedex.

>got arcanine and his stats seem bad
Isn't Arcanine the best non legendary pokemon in the game?

you evolved your growlithe too early. Arcanine learns nothing on his own. Growlithe will learn new moves up to level 55

The only Eevee evolution worth using in RBY is Jolteon. It's absolutely worth farming coins for Dratini, since as has been mentioned by others here, Dragonite is powerful and learns a bunch of useful moves.

Forgot to mention that Dratini is also available in the Safari Zone via fishing if you're willing to put up with the bullshit catch mechanics

I've never liked gen 4 and I've gotta wonder if that was one of the reasons why

Arcanine is great he just stops learning moves once he evolves

If you're playing red flareon is good, if you're playing firered he is not

Pokemon had stats? I played it by trying attacks and then spammed the one that did damage.

>The only Eevee evolution worth using in RBY is Jolteon
this, reminder that in gen 1 crit rate was tied to a Pokemon's speed stat, making faster Pokemon even more superior. Also, Jolteon gets pin missile which is one of only 2 moves in the game that are supereffective against psychic types.

Fire's total trash in that game. There's no inbetween moves for fire type, it's basically Ember for 70% of the game until you get flamethrower.

Don't forget to use the ones that make the coolest sounds and effects

No that's definitely Dragonite

>charizard

I remember reading stuff like that 10 years ago but I think meta knowledge has evolved to a point where its not even remotely true. I know little but I looked stuff up since Im doing a gen 1 run these days and I think for instance, Tauros is easily better than Arcanine. Probably Jolteon, Starmie, possibly Rapidash is a better fire pokemon.

Is Gen 1 really something that you have to put this kind of research and effort into? It's not any harder than the rest outside of genuinely broken mechanics like Wrap.

Pokemon fag here: Rapidash was the best fire mon in gen 1. It had the highest speed stat our of any fire type. It naturally learned Fire Spin which was broken and Take Down. This is of course only for 1v1. For actually playing the game all of the fire types kinda suck.

Fun can be derived out of learning about this kind of stuff and planning teams, moves etc in your head. Not because you have to.

Just get Fearrow or a Dodrio. They're effective against anything a fire type is, except ice types. Keep in mind there are five ice types in Gen I, one of which is Articuno, and three of them are water which cancels out their fire weakness.

R8 my team

Starmie
Tentacruel
Psyduck
Wartortle (blastoise a fat gay)
Poliwrath
Dewgong

Fuck off Kasumi.

Fire in general is an overrated type. You're better off with Ground, Flying, or Ice to fend off what Fire can do.

idk what a kasumi is pls play nice