What went so horribly wrong?

what went so horribly wrong?

Attached: heroes-of-the-storm-screenshot-11.jpg (1600x900, 425K)

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/zshz5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Blizzard killing it in favor of Overwatch eSports

everything, still a fun game though

late to the party and just like with overwatch there's no solo-carry potential.

turns out that everyone in an online game wants to be the cool guy that gets all the kills and carries the whole team and they don't care much for teamplay.

everything non-gameplay related about HotS is literally 10/10 though. shame it had to be a moba.

Don't know. Whenever I try to play it, it stops me at the title screen and says it doesn't recognize my Battlenet account.

Blizzard killed HOTS because they're going to push DOTA3(under a different name) in the Reforged engine.
streamable.com/zshz5

Attached: file.png (1200x800, 639K)

it was unironically the better nublizzard game and the most alive until blizzard decided to kill it because it was obviously not making them enough shekels for the suits to buy more underage slaves and yachts

Shit gameplay
Shit engine
Nu Warcraft
Came way too late (they told icefrog to fuck off) as a souless cash grabber

I want to get into it. I played Dota 2 an unhealthy amount from 2011-2014, but the game has just changed too much for me to enjoy it. Hoping hots will make all heroes available eventually.

Reforged engine is wc3 engine nigger

they already did with the launch of 2.0
you only needed to login once to get to pick 20 or so heroes for free
sadly I missed it too

Reforged is being built on top of WC3 but the added functionality is so different calling it the same engine is asinine. You may as well say that 99% of the industry is running on id tech 2 in that case as everything has forked off of it. 1.31 is dropping on the PTR in a week or two with the first major additions to the world editor which will not be backwards compatible for people running the classic A/V.

Attached: file.png (1200x800, 1022K)

The map design is fantastic. The heroes, the visual style, the balance, the story, the atmosphere, everything is 4/10, mediocre and cold and uncreative and sterilized, except the map design which is 10/10. The best of any Moba.

It shared the same acronym with another one of their games. ROOKIE MISTAKE.

Select your champion.

Attached: The 4 Succubi of Warcraft.jpg (3836x2160, 1.92M)

It's literally the exact same physic : They won't change shit because they want to make the game compatible with the old version.
Therefore dreaming about "Dota 3" is completely dumb since the main reason with LoL and Dota 2 were a thing is because of Wc3 game engine limitations.

>the state of warcraft "lore"

launched 3 years too late
kept trying to compete with DOTA/LOL instead of carving out a niche as a whacky fan service brawler

its a shame i really loved this game in alpha and early release, but their focus on !!!ESPORTS!!! caused their hero revamps and new hero designs to make the game less interesting over time

>fat tit sylvanas
unf

>kept trying to compete with DOTA/LOL

Except they never did : It was so casual that even your average LoL player would notice it

It started that way, but they kept making changes to slowly turn it into a LOL clone.
It was a big mistake - the game worked better as a casual brawler, and the changes drove their existing playerbase away without grabbing a new audience

Whitemane

>casual as fuck
>no items
>team based objectives
>basically every single overwatch hero

Attached: 3CEC8DB3-5D6E-48BD-BD6F-2D045542C6C3.jpg (576x521, 34K)

Literally the best thing blizzard has done in years. Killed by Activision to make room for mobile game or whatever garbage they have planned. I'm still playing HOTS with friends but when it's truly done I'll be done with blizzard, nothing left of the old company at this point

Same problem as overwatch,too casual even fo normies , no other game mode.

>casual brawler
What is LoL

Also they never understood what made moba popular in the first place. They didn't care about the rpg part and want a "brawler"? Fine, then make a super smash bros clone.

>8 overwatch characters
>basically every single one
Counting is really hard

Which is a shame because it has much better waifus overall. And the lore behind them doesn't even compare to some quickly-made ones for a MOBA.

Attached: li_ming_and_tyrande_17.jpg (1991x1850, 369K)

mismanagement on blizzard's part and listening to reddit for balance changes

>streamable.com/zshz5

that looks fuckign awful actually

Couldn't tell ya. I play it all the time with friends. We even do an amateur tournament in their B league. Maybe you're just naturally bad at videogames if you keep getting best?

>no Tauren male or Goblin/Gnome female

I....I'll pass