ITT: why do western people like trash like The Last of Us and RDR 2?

ITT: why do western people like trash like The Last of Us and RDR 2?

Attached: (((AAA))).png (768x476, 176K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/17728849
youtube.com/watch?v=tI3tsWus2KQ
eurogamer.net/articles/2010-10-14-red-dead-redemption-a-hit-in-japan
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Emotions have become more important than learning a skill. Emotional highs (and sometimes even the lows) are intoxicating.

People don’t, the games were forgotten quickly, only critics really fawn over them. RDR2 has virtually zero cultural relevance.

>RDR2 has virtually zero cultural relevance

damn

You are a fucking retard if you think Normies don't circlerjerk over TLOU at every opportunity

social status is more important than having fun🐱

Those are actually the few good western games and Japs love that shit

> Japan makes a top 100 games list
> Wizardy is the only Western game that makes it
> Yea Forums still pushes the narrative that Nips care about your piece of shit western games
Cope

wizardry is really popular in japan, i think the mmo was dev'd by a jap studio

Umm Naughty Dog and Rockstar games sell about 300,000 thats pretty good

why do eastern people like trash games like the Persona series? At least western people will say they didn't like TLoU because its less gameplay more movie... it's about gameplay. Eastern lovers just see anime and call the game good because it's anime. because they have a weird, unhealthy relationship with anime.

Same reason Japs like shit gamea like Splatoon and Arms.

RDR2 is unequivocally shit and if you disagree then you're just a manchild who can't handle criticism of your favorite game and slurp rockstar cock all day

RDR2 is a great game, at least give a lot of options in game mechanics compared to TLOU

see

>Early game TLOU was actually pretty good
>Before muh human drama bullshit started
>Just you, very limited ammo, and relatively tough zombies
>Later on after the human drama kicks in the game showers you with weapons and ammos
>Makes you fight more humans than zombies
>Any fun from the start of the game is long gone

I liked RDR2 cause I'm a fag for cowboys. Couldn't care less about The Last of Us

My opinions > your opinions
RDR2 is a good game, not your taste maybe, but is a good sequel to the original one.

Quick answer that you probably want OP is that Western populations see cinematic products as being more within artistic merit than others. Things that seem more like movies, in their presentation, dialogue, and graphical capability, automatically receive more praise. A majority of people in Western societies will gravitate towards things mostly on initial appearance, thus better graphics and animation sells.

The actual answer though is that they're genuinely well made games that appeal to both Western and Eastern populations actively. They are more cinematic in nature and present themselves with more long-winded scenes over gameplay focus, but that doesn't take away from those being good aspects of them. Gameplay is solid, with cutscenes, graphics, animations, atmosphere, and world design stealing the show. They're incredibly immersive for the average consumer and still impressive for even the more savvy individual. They're good games that shine when it comes to what the normal person is looking for, and still offer a lot of the hardcore groups.

Attached: 1526505111585.jpg (600x451, 25K)

RDR2 is unequivocally great and if you disagree then you're just a manchild who can't handle people liking games you dont and slurp Yea Forumsirgin cock all day

>He doesn't enjoy a good interactive movie

Westerners have a soul = they enjoy emotions.
Esterners have no soul = they enjoy mechanics.

WesternEEts also lost their souls, and feel no emotions, thus enjoying weeb, mechanic based games.

CHANGE MY MIND.

Same reason easterners like anime game #345672 with zero gameplay and shonen tier writing.

For a shrinking population of xenophobes that is pretty good, if a game sells 1 million in Japan it's a hit

>cope because nips have shit taste

why do people like watching capeshit or listening to pop music?

Red Dead Redemption 2 is fucking awesome. Bern loving that and lately Sekiro. Holding some retarded and childish ''war'' between eastern and western devs is gay, real gamers appreciate games from all over and can enjoy different styles of games.

Attached: 1548277564767.jpg (1920x1080, 425K)

RDR2 was actually a good game though as long as you ignored the combat and the story.

RDR2 was great.

Why do weebs like shitty PS1-PS2 rehashes? RE and DMC, both dated, stuck in the past, endless praise from brainless weebs and japs though

TLOU has good gameplay so that helps

Attached: 1552603367683.webm (1024x576, 2.69M)

tlou has gameplay?

good one

Seething!

>RDR2 was a pretty nice walking simulator

ftfy

The Last Of Us is one of those story driven games normalfags drool over because it's more like an interactive movie. The gameplay is just stupid enough to be considered fun by mouth breathing consumers but it doesn't last very long so they can continue to sit there and drool over their mindless media. They also get to call themselves "LE EBIC GAYMERS" because of this, thus somehow thinking they have a pass into some mysterious and illuminati based club, and thus get to think they have some special rights to wear le ebic nerd stuff xD or however the fuck these normalfags think this works. I dunno but it really does piss me off.

What is it about RDR that causes incel rage?

Attached: sgdgsd.jpg (1435x1092, 241K)

The 2 games you mention have nothing in common, go back to your pedo simulator now you weeb

Which one? Sounds like fun

>I can see them now! Those stupid fucking normies, eating up this shit game because it makes them feel """"special"""". REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Case in point

Just straighten this shit out already, goddamn.

strawpoll.me/17728849

Attached: 1534256953071.png (601x566, 973K)

please dont say your basing this on that atrocious famitsu list with that shitty small sample size

But you have to be literal brainlet tier to get any emotional reaction to western stories

nah

The people addicted to emotional highs and feel emotions are the most valid thing in life are often brainlets.

seething PC fag

Name a single Japanese game that elicited an emotional reaction from you

No one cares about your shitty opinions. You can seethe all you want about females being in games, it won't keep them from selling.
Someone /thread this niggergarbage.

Attached: 1553695867367.jpg (444x460, 78K)

Rockstar are based devs that do the games they want and don't give a fuck. Their games make fun of everyone and anything. This makes both leftards and reactionaries seethe because horseshoe theory is real and they're both mentally ill snowflakes crippled by schizoid thoughts and paranoid logic.

How ignorant can you be

/thread. Yea Forums is full of incel dipshits. Don't bother creating joinder with them.

NieR Automata
Ico
Shadow of the Colossus
MGS 1-4

i didn't think so, just asking to be sure...

Bbbbut that doesn’t count. Cope more

he gave a valid reason why it would be flawed, why don't you cope a bit?

>weebs are all 12 years old
checks out

imagine thinking a group of people having persona4 in their top 10 all time is a smart group of people

There should be a name for people who actively reject things like sad stories in movies / games simply because they feel the background music is "emotionally manipulative" / that the authors are being pretentious for trying to make them feel things.
I mean a name for them besides "people with crippling autism", that is

>Ico
>MGS 1-4
Jesus fucking Christ

More current day 12 year olds have played The Last Of Us than Ico by a magnitude of at least 100

hey bruh the MGS games are kino

never played ico

>Automata
>Not the original

Attached: 1552740255392.gif (200x200, 1.32M)

>why do western people like trash like The Last of Us
It's comfy

Attached: sarah tlou.jpg (960x540, 44K)

nobody played Ico
They just read about it in magazines

>never played ico
faggot

hey now there's no need for that. Why don't you channel that energy into something productive instead?

Attached: lrn2kode.jpg (1200x1141, 262K)

based retard

I dont I know those games are trash.

>He doesn't enjoy a good interactive movie
How is RDR2 a movie? is the same GTA3 formula, but is far from a cinematic game like TLOU.

According to ACFag anything with a cutscene in it is a movie game so there you go

The unbelievable attention to detail, graphics, and amazing open world in RDR2 are infinitely more impressive and significant to the medium of video games than any kind of gameplay "innovation" or whatever crap Japanese devs could ever come up with. Deep down you know this to be true. Stay seething.

Why do Eurofags shill for American developers?

Attached: 1550549616095.jpg (700x512, 84K)

It just happened to have a good story that people talked about a lot, therefore it's a "movie game" according to the retards on Yea Forums. Nevermind that it's a fucking open world game with seemingly endless amounts of content outside of said story.

Over half the game was cutscenes, and that's with dozens of ways Rockstar tried to fluff the playtimes.

you seem to be confusing "linear" with "cinematic"
RDR2 is at least as cinematic as TLOU and actually has 10 times more unskippable ride/walk-and-talk sections. TLOU at least has fast, good combat that translates very well into multiplayer That said I still love RDR2 for being such an incredibly detailed simulated world. There is nothing else that even compares except the GTA games, especially in terms of social dynamics between the player and strangers

Attached: RDR2 shootout.webm (768x432, 2.98M)

>RDR2 is at least as cinematic as TLOU
not really, given RDR2 has more gameplay.

>fast, good combat
lmao stick to fortnite

it's extremely obvious that you've never even played TLOU and you just fell for Yea Forums's memes about it. It's funny because you would probably like it too, considering you are willing to defend RDR2. You should try it, it's a good game and the only SJW shit was in the DLC.

But TLOU is flavor of the month covershooter stealth garbage. That gameplay has been dated for over a decade.

>console wars are finally getting stale, we need to have East vs. West war now
fuck off

nah I've played it, it's stiflingly linear

>almost 6 years since release
>"flavor of the month"
BTW it doesn't even have sticky cover, Joel just kinda naturally tucks up against cover when you move near to it and pops out to aim over / around it when you aim. It's more like new Tomb Raider's cover system

Because they are good games. Why weebs and eastern people like trash like Senran Kagura or Nier Automata?

So what? There is nothing wrong with linear games. Not everything has to be an open world ARPG. Linear games give you a much more complete, concentrated experience

>>"flavor of the month"
yes

there is at least one thread about TLOU every day and it's been almost 6 years

>GOTY awards
>flavor of the month
>gameplay has been dated
What similar games had better gameplay since then?

>There is nothing wrong with linear games.
Intrinsically, no. But not the way ND handled it.

>Linear games give you a much more complete, concentrated experience
lol

Tell me how TLOU has any replayability whatsoever.

lol okay

-multiplayer (literally hundreds of hours of replayability)
-chapter select / restart encounter
-playing at higher difficulties
-unlocking trophies

except the multiplayer is just okay.

the mere fact that you didn't say it was pure shit when you obviously despise the game is an admittance that the MP is good

except it's actually great.

So you're telling me there's no replayability outside of multiplayer that most people didn't know existed? Tell me, are you the type of person that can watch a movie 20 times?

You're a virgin and a loser and you seek an escape from your miserable life through weeb shit

at this point it's farily obvious the more you react negatively to works such as TLOU or RDR2 the higher likelihood you're a mentally undeveloped virgin

I liked TLOU, i Also like Tetris, what does that Make me

whatever helps you cope

There are better options.

An individual with taste
Get the fuck out of here while you still can.

a faggot

How the fuck did those shoot anything he wasn't even on their body

I listed 3 ways in which the single player can have replayability too, you just chose to ignore them.

>multiplayer that most people didn't know existed
What does that have to do with anything? It's still good and still provides replayability

Attached: GOD so boring I never want to do this again.webm (640x360, 2.02M)

TLOU multi had tons of people playing it

in fact I bet you can pop it in now and still find a match

are you the type of person that can watch a movie 20 times?

uncharted 4 and RDR2 barely sold 200k retard

not really when there are better options out there. Every game has difficulty settings, the problem with TLOU is that it's too structured to be fun even for that. And mission select! get the fuck outta here...

I've seen Synecdoche, New York 50 times.

>I've religiously watch a postmodern movie written by a Jew
Huh.

Attached: 15876654356.gif (280x199, 220K)

user... easy on the peterson.

>are you the type of person that can watch a movie 20 times?
Absolutely not, and I haven't replayed TLOU in like 2 years. I replayed the fuck out of it when it was new though and had a blast, but even then I skipped all the cutscenes and jumped straight into the combat as much as possible because I already saw the story. I'll rewatch a movie I really liked once or twice over a 9 month period (maybe a third time to show it to friends if it was really good) and then not watch it again for 5-10 years

There's too much content. I never even went to New Austin because there was so much to do in the new map.

You mean (((Peterstein)))? When are you going to realize they're playing both sides?

Attached: 789765645575.jpg (1920x1392, 858K)

Paranoia? Now who's being postmodernist lol

>rewatch
I mean watch. Most movies I only see once, then the ones I really like I see twice (over the course of a year), and ones I really really like I'll sometimes see 3 times over that year to show to others

Read the paper Jordan Peterson wrote for the United Nations about socializing the world. Then get back to me with your weak fucking bait

Attached: 15657856543.jpg (1500x1125, 395K)

They just have in common that they are trash, calm down.

>TLOU
sony fanboys

>RDR2
small group of rockstar fanboys. not regular people

you would read Peterson lol

but yeah the best fiction works that delve into CIA MKUltra whistleblowing are postmodern ;)

>Tell me how TLOU has any replayability whatsoever.

>So you're telling me there's no replayability outside of

>not really when there are better options out there

Attached: goal-posts-moving.jpg (640x426, 157K)

>having better alternatives available does not affect a game's replayability

uhh

How is reading a UN paper reading "Peterson". He was hired by the UN to research how to spread UN influence by debt slaving africa under the guise of humanitarian reasons, stopping European farming altogether, and forcing women and children into the workforce. Not to mention the whole time lying about global warming to keep people scared and afraid so they don't look into all the evil the UN is doing.

Why are weebs so intimidated whenever western games to well?

regardless, screeching about da joos and bringing up artistic movements you have no idea about makes you come across as a loon

How is postmodernism an "artistic movement" it literally gave birth to communism.

I'm not even arguing with you on that anymore, I've already listed ways in which the game has replayability and you've already voiced your opinion on how they somehow don't count. That last post is just pointing out the shameless amount of goalpost-moving you are doing

nigger...

>the shameless amount of goalpost-moving you are doing
But it's not

>I've already listed ways in which the game has replayability
Yeah and they were shit ways, deal.

I dont think i've ever seen weebs get more butthurt over a game than RDR2. it's honestly hilarious.

>western people
Do you think that Red Dead had zero presence in Japan or something?
The game's actually pretty big down here.

Attached: shupan.jpg (720x1280, 78K)

>one small poster
I believe you

>but it's not
You went from saying "it has no replayability" to "nobody talks about the MP like they do the SP anyway, so that doesn't count" to "okay but there are other games that have more replayability so I'm still right"

It was the top selling game at the time of its release in Japan, and there was actually a shit-ton of marketing for it.

Attached: 0781408wS8910_23_2018.jpg (2048x1152, 799K)

>It was the top selling game at the time of its release in Japan
Pretty easy to do when the playstation has no games

>"nobody talks about the MP like they do the SP anyway, so that doesn't count"
That's not what I said

>there are other games that have more replayability
Also not what I said.

The MP "doesn't count" because it doesn't do anything other games haven't already done but better.

how do we even know that's japan, dude?

Attached: bgg.jpg (600x800, 30K)

havent seen a game trigger incel weaboo rage this bad since Witcher 3
RDR2 should get bonus points in every review just for that

red dead redemption 2 has so much fucking shit that wastes your fucking time just because it wants to look realistic, it's so fucking exasperating

I was in Japan for TGS, and right when you entered they have you a bunch of stuff for RDR2.
Most of the attendees threw it on the ground seconds after getting it

Normalfags who want videogames to be like their shitty netflix series.

where were the garbage cans?

Attached: 15597865347.png (625x626, 181K)

The moon runes.

>weebs
>Civilized

Do you know what a weeb is, user?

that could be any moon runes!

ye, and a bunch of the attendees were Americans

But that is what you said: that the MP doesn't count for replayability because not as many people know it exists (which is true, because everyone just talks about the single player)
And you said "not really when other games do it better" for why it's not replayable, which pretty much means "not really when there are other games that have more replayability"

>The MP "doesn't count" because it doesn't do anything other games haven't already done but better.
you've never even tried it

I'm out of time for arguing he-said-she-said shit with your autistic ass, gotta go. I just hope someone else reads it and sees how retarded you are, but I know no one will because nobody reads these pointless arguments except the people participating

Isn't it a well established stereotype that Nips abhor western games?

Attached: 15897654356785.jpg (625x628, 58K)

Where do people get that idea? Siege and Battlefield have big playerbases in Japan and even Halo has a pretty sizable chunk of players, for as unpopular as the Xbox is there at least.

Gears and Forza are also popular in Japan.

>But that is what you said: that the MP doesn't count for replayability because not as many people know it exists
I didn't say that

>And you said "not really when other games do it better" for why it's not replayable, which pretty much means "not really when there are other games that have more replayability"
That's called a strawman, sweetie.

There's a reason the game was forgotten here.

But what do you consider "big" 10,000 occasional players?

Not any more than how much the average Westerner abhors Japanese games

why are west garbage at everything?

Attached: D3LFfwtWAAM1v1O.jpg (960x540, 107K)

this is what self-hating weaboo cucks try to push
japs are the biggest US dickriders in the world. young japs use english words to sound cool and adopted a fuck ton of words into their daily vocabulary
it's not uncommon to hear a japanese say 'chicken' or 'seatbelt' or any other random word just because they're so americanized

they absolutely idolize the west

But that's true. Most westerners hate chink games. An most Japs hate western games.

Are you dumb dude, Rockstar and Naughty Dog have been gaining sales For a while in japan, and Naughty Dog is probably the most successful Western dev of all time in Japan with Crash Bandicoot. Japanese people love American Hollywood movies and pop culture guess what Naughty Dog offers that kind of experience

youtube.com/watch?v=tI3tsWus2KQ
eurogamer.net/articles/2010-10-14-red-dead-redemption-a-hit-in-japan

>young japs use english words to sound cool and adopted a fuck ton of words into their daily vocabulary
Not outside of anime

yes they do
why do you think that's in anime in the first place?

Both cultures make good games and a game being made in either Japan or the west doesn't make it any more or less valid to enjoy

Attached: Megumin.png (744x618, 396K)

Please fuck off with "Japan sucks America's cock". Most Japanese people don't even know who the Nazis were.

what about slavshit?

Attached: eft_logo_promo.jpg (1558x997, 548K)

10k's a pretty good size if you ask me.
Halo's not huge in Japan but it's definitely bigger than it used to be, considering they had to make a bundle for Halo 1 and 2 just to prepare Japan for Halo 3 since the series sold so low for the first two entries before 'taking off' after the release of 3.

Attached: 7feczyqq6st01.jpg (640x853, 108K)

>Actually being a weaboo

Attached: 1547455762787.jpg (1542x1532, 235K)

Halo is nonexistent in Japan. The Japanese hate first person shooters.

Never got a chance to try out slavshit. Most of it is on PC isn't it? my gaming PC died a long time ago so I never got the chance to try it. Definitely will when I get a chance to though.

too bad Nintendo then decided to perfect the console shooter anyway

Attached: 1550590215857.jpg (847x1112, 313K)

Playstation is the only platform with worthwhile exclusives unless you count Nintenjew.

Attached: 1543291670926.jpg (1171x1078, 724K)

>Most westerners hate chink games.
Most westerners are indifferent to them. They usually have a handful of games that they love that were made in Japan too, especially childhood games

PlayStation also has the inferior generation console out right now.

lol nice 4k you got there :)

Attached: red-dead-redemption-2-ps4-playstation-4-2.original.jpg (960x720, 156K)

What are you talking about, Siege in particular is pretty fucking big.

i was checking the best selling games on amazon jp and
what the fuck is this?

Attached: 00000006230113_A01.jpg (320x320, 16K)

pic unrelated

A lot of games made in Japan aren't played by Japanese. Look it up. True "Japanese" games are all slice of life weebshit.

Prove it. Show me something that's not an Ubishit marketing ploy.

>good game is actually bad because it doesn't agree with my politics
I'm not tired of this thread at all. It's not like we have it every single day.

Attached: de15df26e9bf61c4f5672a08dc60a50b.jpg (499x481, 28K)

pic DEFINITELY related...

Attached: tenor.gif (498x448, 526K)

>there is at least one thread about TLOU every day
I don't think that's true, user.

console shooter lmao

(((i wonder why)))

Nice reply. I agree, they are good games. Even if overrated, they are

ITT: why do people in region not my own like thing I don’t like?

Just because it doesn't get 400 replies doesn't mean it's not there

The pro league in Japan is big in particular, so if you wanted to see I'd say start there. Playerbase is much larger on PS4 than it is on PC, at least it was back when I played but it's still pretty decently sized on PC as well.

lol cope

No, more like people trying to claim that "PRAYSTATION WOLRD WIDE, CARL OF DUTY IN NIPPONESE"

>esports
Yes we all know how esports is totally organic and not propped up to create free publicity of the developers at all

definitely not manchild

thanks

Attached: pb77ejsukkx01.jpg (540x661, 42K)

This makes insanely good sense.

But that logic all japanese games have something in common.