>bosses of ds3
>setting of bloodborne
>level design of the surge

literally the ultimate soulsfag game

Attached: 1.jpg (1920x1080, 358K)

>>level design of ds1
i mean world design

>combat of ds2

Attached: 1542735652202.webm (857x480, 2.33M)

>combat of ds2
No thanks

>world design of ds1
>level design of Bb and Das3
>bosses of ds3, Bb dlc, and Sekiro
>new setting, but with atmosphere as strong as bloodborne and DeS
>combat of Sekiro
>nothing of DaS2
fixed your shit OP

I like how essentially if you don't want to roll or don't want a perfect roll you get a ton of free points to put into other skills. The extra 30-40 points fits really well into a stat like VIT or extra STR and END so you can wear really heavy armor or have a massive shield and tank hits, with mages getting free agility off ATT letting them be agile with robes they'd typically wear. It was a really good compromise that made armor choices more logical than the cheese of the other games.

post more, I accidentally deleted my folder

oaky

Attached: 1543707341807.webm (540x406, 1.85M)

whats the problem here exactly, this isnt even related to combat

Attached: 1543072817375.webm (1280x720, 2.69M)

retarded level design

Attached: 1538503710603.webm (1280x696, 2.83M)

Why the surge tho
Why would you

Attached: 1544411507077.webm (680x383, 2.74M)

>>level design of ds1
why? Because you enjoyed Blighttown and the Tomb of Giants so much?
>>combat of ds2
four directional bullshit? Do you also make fire by pressing rocks against sticks?
>>bosses of ds3
HP sponges with three health bars? yeah let's do that
>>setting of bloodborne
It's all fucking black and nighttime. Who wants that?
>>level design of the surge
literally no one even knows the surge.

Have you played it? It's literally what all souls virgins crave for, just shortcut after shortcut using the same bonfire

Attached: 1522828662254.webm (540x302, 2.94M)

>nothing from Demon's Souls
Why was that game so shit?

>level design of the surge
How about no. Just make it DaS1's level design.

Attached: wait.jpg (372x359, 43K)

Attached: 1546386788514.webm (1024x576, 2.86M)

>level design of ds 2
>combat of deracine
>bosses of demons souls
>setting of ninja blade

Attached: 1524895603701.webm (800x450, 2.94M)

What even is the appeal of shortcuts? It makes sense in a game not designed around warping like DS1, but all the games after render it useless. There is zero reason to have shortcuts in a game with fast travel, because they can design levels as freely as they please without having to shove in a backwards loop to excite the autists.

Only the Surge DLC, that Shit was incredibly designed

>the surge
WAS ROME BUILT IN A DAY?

das1 has shit level design, what people gush over is the world design. different things. even das3 has better level design than 1

Pretty much

I like them, combines linear exploration with non-linear levels

The world design of DaS1 is alright. It's main advantage is that it didn't fall for the universal bonfire warp meme that every game afterward did. It provides a better way to get to know the world and area and has better tension. That's not to say that fast travel is bad since the game needs to eventually give the player a way to move around when the world is not longer a tight web but the way it's done is pretty bad, even in DaS1 it's only a quick fix by giving the player a list of the major points of interest to warp to.

The combat of DaS2 is dreadful. The approach to it is novel and has a large scope simply because it's putting in scraps of a different game but it's woefully unpolished.

The bosses of DaS3 are bombastic (mostly) but they start to show the roll on reaction weakspot of the Dark Souls series.

The setting of Bloodborne is interesting but the simple novelty of adapting a new setting is still better than trying to force a continuation into a played out setting.

The level design in the Surge is awful and navigating samey locations without real landmarks isn't good, Deck11 have some good ideas in their Souls ripoffs but they can't do anything right.

It lets you get to know the world and appreciate its sense of scale when things are logically interconnected since you know where you came from and where you are going as well as starting to formulate ideas on where you're going to go in the future. If the game is well designed it also gives a player a way to go against the structure and attain an illusion of choice by doing things "out of order". It is largely useless in the later games due to the fast travel but that's because the fast travel in the later games is shit game design.

Nah. DaS1 still has pretty neat level design outside of certain locations in the lategame.

The problem with doing DaS 1 level design again is they'd have to really dig deep to do something different. Part of the reason they managed to do the DaS 1 level design was because they built a world around a ringed city sitting on top of a tree with levels built into that concept.

Doing that again would be easily spotted.

Are these on youtube or anywhere else? Please link me up, I have a friend who defends DS2 to the death.