Sekiro is the hardest from software ga-

>Sekiro is the hardest from software ga-

Attached: ds2bextgame.jpg (760x428, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/The Rotten
youtube.com/watch?v=p9hoAyx3-0I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ds2 is piss easy once you learn to compensate for the awful design decisions and broken hitboxes.
every enemy has the same 1 - 2 - 3 slash combo and so do all of the bosses.
ds2 definitely requires the most patience though as the core gameplay principle is tedium.

so it IS the hardest

this is actually the easiest
there are some hard bosses but the majority are not very challenging at all, unless youre a fucking retard

most soulsborne bosses aren't challenging for an elite gamer
i'm just saying out of all of them, this is the most challenging

Dark Souls 2 isn't very hard but it's a real fucking slog to get through.
Enemies in 2 have really unclear hitboxes and barely choreograph their attacks, which means instead of trying to circle them and think much about your spacing, you just wait out their combos. You have no room to move around them or dodge their slashes.
In Dark Souls 1, you have to watch out for the character's arms and attached weapons. In Dark Souls 2, each enemy is a blob, and this blob deals damage to you if you get close.

Either post trophies and timestamps are shut it homo

compared to sekiro? absolutely not

you can spam parry without any regard and get through most bosses

>t. Didnt play the game

You wouldn't make it past snake eyes

spam spam spam and fortress on grab attack
a fucking rat could learn to play this game

pre patch that shrine area is the hardest area to exist in a souls game at least

Lemme smash that mf boss in one hit

Sekiro has no soul.

Soulsborne are more complete and better games.

(you)

That's not a shadow tower or king's field game

but it's the second easiest after DeS, it's slow as fuck so you can react to everything without much problem

Oh yeah, who can forget such incredibly difficult enemies like prowling magus.
Or the amazingly complex gameplay and finely tuned magic such as soul geyser, truly, a game for connoisseurs looking for the ultimate challenge.

>>Sekiro is the worst from software ga-
fixed ds2 fag

you actually can't. if you parry nothing but air, Sekiro goes into a slow animation that takes a few seconds to recover from that makes him vulnerable to attacks

I beat ds2 before ds1 because ds1 killed me alot as I attempted to go through the catacombs, not knowing that the undead burg was a thing. Ds2 is easy on new players

First souls i ever played and beat and i fucking loved it. Never realised how much this board hated this game. The PvP was amazing

>Dark Souls 2 is a good ga-

Attached: 2.webm (1280x720, 2.76M)

oh really? how good is the magic in your video game?
yeah that's what i though

Haha you got owned, kiddo.
Nice try.

You got filtered bro

that's what you get for trying to cheese the game with magic

Puppeteer alone is better and more interesting than 90% of DS2 "magic", aka recolored fireballs.

Attached: fault.png (1421x747, 1.31M)

Attached: 0.webm (1280x696, 2.83M)

People used to praise Dark Souls 1 for having a kind of difficulty that requires patience, carful observation and persistence to overcome. It had a slow, methodical combat where things like positioning, weapon choise and knowledge of the game actually mattered. A big part of the fighting was done in your head.
Later games, on the other hand, decided to go the path of DUDE LET'S MAKE EVERYTHING FASTER AND GIVE ENEMIES 7 HIT COMBOS XDDDD AND GIVE BOSSES 3 PHASES LMAO OMG THIS IS SO EPIC.
In DS2 everything matters; you drink estus at the wrong time - you die; you attack at the wrong time - you die; you open a chest without checking for enemies around first - you die. In DS3 and Sekiro all of that is gone for the sake of anime-esque spectacle.
Miyazaki is a hack

its just rapport but blue
good to see that from is really innovating their new game

I don't even consider DaS2 as the best one in the series, but this webm is stupid. He was just standing there. He was asking for it.

>being a filthy magician
serves you well, kid

>not prepatch lost izalith dragon asses
The pc kiddos with PTDE knew nothing of "hard"

This is true, but DS2 lacks the finesse and character of DS1. It is the blandest FROM product ever made and the lack of his directorial vision shows.

What's the problem here? You are bad user very bad.

>its just rapport but blue
Except that Rapport doesn't have any other use than charming an enemy, while Puppeteer also doubles as a functional way to solve puzzles.

DS3*
You wrote 2, had to fix for you

How DS2 is the hardest? You have life gems, fuckton of other items to heal with and your based estus.

The base game was easy, outside of maybe Smelter Demon. That's why they went cruel-mode with the DLC (Fume Knight, Lud & Zallen)

>Lud & Zallen
Fuck the runback to that boss, it's absolutely fucking retarded.

>rapport with extra gimmicks
great

you have those in sekiro too, and you can resurrect TWICE

DS2 feels in many ways very unique. There are things that the other soulsborne games just don't have. Many of them are shitty and stupid but still.
I'm talking about things like random switches and items hidden behind paintings, a fuckload of fake walls, enemies in cages, unusual AIs (like the Maldron dude or whatever his name is), poison in vases, more traps than other games, destructible chests etc.
All of these add character to the game. A lack of directional vision sure is undeniable but, personally it stopped bothering me when I stopped looking at DS2 as a souls game and instead as a thing of its own, which it probably would be if not for the interest in brand recognition.

Attached: 1524853603701.webm (800x450, 2.94M)

All you have to do to fix this is install one simple mod.
How is this worse than DS1 PTDE being a broken piece of shit without DSFix.

Sekiro is also piss easy once you stop trying to play it like a Souls game and start abusing the shit AI and parry frames.

>great
Cope
>you have those in sekiro too
In Sekiro you have
>A maximum of 10 gourds, all of which heal less than Aestus unless you grind for abilities
>One divine herb for 100% heal
>Three pellets for about 35% gradual heal each
>One Rice for gradual 100%
And you die in two hits on average, not comparable to DS2 at all, especially since unlike DS2, enemies are actually dangerous.

You don't die as fast in ds2 though and you don't lose anything upon death, unless you die again before recovering your souls first. You're almost never faced with this dilemma "should I go back and restore my flasks or push forward and possibly get my ass kicked" because you can buy those lifegems again and again.

II is easy tho, every enemy moves slowly

Playing II after III/BB is so slow it’s not even really a challenge at all. BB is probably the ultimate souls game for difficulty.

Because the Dark Souls port problems were never gameplay related you retard

Fromfags always talk about which game is harder, not better.

this is the easiest souls game for me. its also my favourite. all you have to do is not use lock-on and youll breeze through it

Attached: 1393706949339.jpg (365x467, 48K)

yeah, hardest to stomach
also hardest to return to and hardest call a souls game

Attached: 1543707211807.webm (540x406, 1.85M)

>being locked to 30 fps and having it drop lower on numerous occasions doesn't matter for gameplay
lol ok

>DSFix
>not gameplay related
what?

I could play Dark Souls 2 for multiple playthroughs and hav efun. I'm tired already of shitkiro after beating it once.
Who Buyers Remorse here

literally nothing wrong with this

It was the first moment in a Souls game where I thought "Surely this can't be right. They wouldn't make me run all the way back just to get my ass kicked..."

I should've known better.

sekiro is more fun though. replayability isnt everything

DaS2 was the worst game I ever played. Absolute garbage

Sekiro is the easiest fromsoftware game, prove me wrong.

>Bad design and mechanics are difficulty!

You need to play more video games user

if the game is boring after 1 playthrough it sucks

Attached: u.jpg (638x1000, 86K)

ok lol

DS1 is the best world design wise.
DS2 is the best when it comes to quantity, ng+ and pvp
DS3 has some of those DS2 problems fixed but its world design isn't on par with DS1.
Objectively speaking it's 1>3>2.

But it's okay when Bloodborne does it

it's so easy to not get hit in sekiro though
in ds2 if 4+ enemies gang on you your fucked
in sekiro if you start losing you can just grapple out of there or just spam parry and jump out
and EVEN if you're so garbage that you die you can wait until the move back and stealth kill them with blood mist

Too bad you can't install a mod to make Dark Souls 2 a good game

>dark souls is hard

Attached: 1449248871365.png (683x623, 316K)

objectively speaking ds1 level design is fucking garbage whereas ds3 level design is kino

You don't need a mod, just a brain.
Go back to playing DS3 for the ABSOLUTELY POGGERS XDD bossfights.

>DS3
Ftfy

please name one (1) hard game

I unironically like DS2 more than 1 and 3.

Attached: file.png (631x184, 138K)

how can you think ds3 is kino and not ds1
half of ds3 IS ds1

>dark souls
>methodical
Cringe, DeS is the only methodical one. Fuck off Matosis

Absolutely embarrassing post
This is why no one takes DaS 2 fags seriously

dark souls 2 is hard in the start, then it's babytime.
Friede and Kos are harder than anything in DaS2 combined.

>t. Didn't play it

It's hilarious how these kids watch others play the game and think they beat it

Also, ds2 is only hard if you don't know what the stats do, or purposely gimp yourself. Just dump into agility until you have infinite i-frames and spam circle then r1

Whoa! Real deep game there, really makes up for the weightless weapons and 8 way movement like a fucking snes game

im strictly speaking level design dumbass

How is it garbage objectively speaking?

My dick lol

>in ds2 if 4+ enemies gang on you your fucked
Not really, you just cast Fire Tempest or whatever AoE you have, if you're that stupid to have enemies gang on you to being with, not considering the simple fact that you can just kite them.
>in sekiro if you start losing you can just grapple out of there
You ain't grappling anywhere in most places after the starting areas though, you'd know that if you played the game, not to mention that you'd have to actually survive to grapple away first if you're even considering that a viable escape option, if I were fighting a large group of enemies I'd rather put on Bestowal.

>dude swamps lmao
>dude here's a swamp in your cathedral lmao

cringe. Not a single level in DS3 is as good as Sen's Fortress.

For me, DS1 will always beat DS2 but I still like DS2 more than 3

>level design = how it looks
truly big brains at work here

Attached: 1530458332164.jpg (222x293, 19K)

Attached: 1543812817375.webm (1280x720, 2.69M)

If you run through all the enemies like an idiot and then find yourself cornered then yes. There're literally no areas in which this can be the case, unless you're talking about squishy enemies that can be killed with one hit, not a problem.

Wait, so how doe she get out?

>t. Didn't play it
>if you played the game

Don't make me post my playtime

DS2 apologists are gonna say IT WAS MEANT TO BE PLAYED MULTIPLAYER!!!
then later theyll talk about how it lets you play however you want lol

Not only is 2 not the hardest, its by far the easiest. Just roll toward attacks and use a regular ass starting broadsword to win the game, thanks to being able to roll in any direction. In 1 you could only roll in 4 directions when locked on and it got me killed more than a few times.

Have you considered not using the fucking lock-on
Fights against multiples is literally the only reason to play DS2, the entire game feels like it was designed that way

don't enemies aggro in groups in ds2? I specifically remember this in bastille and it was a fucking slog. not difficult, just incredibly boring

Absolutely fucking shit taste.Dark Souls 3 is literally just a bonfire simulator and has the laziest fucking design in the entire series, whereas you're encouraged to find shortcuts in DaS1 and discover the interconnected world. DaS1 is objectively better.

I'll say this though. Shrine of amana was an absolute fucking cancer on release.
Fuck archers and fuck casters.

Do it, if you did play it you probably used a trainer like the pussy you are.

Ds2 fags cant handle sekiro, it's a fact

Reminder. Not a single person saying this game is easy can prove they beat it.

>laziest fucking design
Not lazier than ds2 with its ironkeep that you can't even see from the outside.

holy fuck this salt

Attached: 1539003914509.jpg (600x600, 28K)

How is DeS combat different from DS1 aside from the fact that magic is extremely overpowered?

argument aside can someone give me a fun ds2 build
i never finished it and i wanna finally say i did

every single boss in the ds2 main game is a pushover

you can still kite them one by one just like every other souls game. it's a little bit more difficult/tedious, because they tend to be almost always in groups, but it can be done

Great club + large club powerstance.

>That panic roll
>That second of hesitation when it's in the air
DS2 is awful, but literally just git gud

>u mad lol
as I expected from a chimpanzee.

I just remember booting it up for the first time and hearing that fucking sound that The Last Giant's sweep attack makes. Miyazaki would never have allowed that shit to ship

>easy because of X weapon
DaS is trivialized by BKW drops, Drakesword.
DaS III is trivialized by pyromancies, Vordt's hammer, Sellsword Winblades or Lothric Straight sword.
Bloodborne is trivialized by the Saw Cleaver

Using examples of game breaking weapons in a souls game to judge its difficulty is pretty much a weak argument.

DS2 has the best main theme out of all the souls games. That's about it.

Do any of you fags know what sekiro even means

one handed wolf?

I'm not saying the sword itself is broken, its the bare minimum. I'm saying ANY sword will get you through the game easy.

Sekiro is by far the easiest game of From Software:
>NPC teaches you all the game mechanics.
>Game motives you to use useful items.
>Easy to buy/farm items or Spirits.
>No stats to confuse you or to wrong chose.
>Game design let's you pass almost all areas in silent or in different viable ways.
>A second chance IN fight...
>You can stop most of boss enemies/combos so you can be aggressive.
>Most of the bosses with 2 life you can kill them one time from Stealth.
>Hard bosses are incredibly easier when you return with one upgrade.

Those are few I remember. Like I said, by FAR the easiest...

Go tip your faggot weeb fedora somewhere else, no one cares

Pretty dumb invisible wall but you did kinda fuck up the first few rolls there.

yeah what you got to say now huh?

Attached: sekiro.png (344x113, 58K)

Post trophies, with timestamps. It's easy to do

>All those panic rolls
That segment is shit, but you are objectively bad at the game. Stop playing.

Nice low quality google image. Timestamp.

Also

>pc

Your trainer is showing

>no cleartype
yikes

>trophies
consolenigger

No you dumb faggot. It's how it plays. Swamps are trash because it takes all of the series' weaknesses and throws them together. There's nothing fun, novel, or interesting about exploring swamps. There's nothing engaging about taking on swarms of enemies lazily littered around poison puddles. DS3 repeats this so fucking much the game becomes an absolute slog. Cathedral of the Deep might actually take the title for worst level in the series because of how uninteresting it is, and how tiring it is to navigate because it's literally nothing but an open chapel with a poison swamp. The entire level is you just experiencing the tedium of circumnavigating the fucking thing.

Castle levels? Here's some big ol' hallways with the enemies you've been dueling since the beginning of the game. You'd be lucky to get a winding sidepath with a shortcut or two, but you better fucking enjoy Lothric and the same dragon obstacle gimmick they've been recycling since DeS because oh boy.

Don't even get me started on the Catacomb tileset which they repeat 3 fucking times and is equally as uninspired, unfun, and lazy. I don't know how the hell they managed to make worse Catacombs than either DS1 or DS2 but they did it. IF you've ever wanted stitched hallway assets full of skeletons so shameful and trite it would make TES blush, then there you go.

DS3 has almost nothing going on for it, level-design wise. I'd give you Irithyll, but if you've played the game for an hour, you've seen pretty much everything there is to see.

Attached: shaggy.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

theres like a 7 hour video dedicated to saying why your exact opinion is wrong harris

>implying that's me
Fucking autism
The webm is illustrate how bad that part is and nothing more

i'm sorry that im superior but go ahead, reverse image search it pussy
yeah yeah not such a big man now

I wouldn't call 3 lazier than 2, but if you think Straight Swords 3: Swamp Level Number Five is anything but overrated uninspired derivative trash, you're an idiot.
It's easy to conveniently ignore how poorly designed many of the levels are just because you get to fight big red soul man at the end of the DLC, but when you actually try to think about things. Irithyll looks pretty when you step out of the catacombs but when you step inside it's more like a linear hallway than a city that's supposed to make geometric and architectural sense. Not to mention the zone below the dungeon and the way all the zones connect together in general.

Have you ever actually looked at how you get to Anor Londo in dark souls 3? It's placement in the level, the mechanism you use to actually get there, the view of the ground and the rest of the city you get from up there, it makes about as much sense as how you get to the iron keep in 2. As in, it makes absolutely none.

Sekiro is hard because you needed ot Git Gud
DaS2 is only hard because a vital mechanic was fucked with (iframes on rolling) and no one warned the playerbase

one-armed wolf, the tengu of ashina calls you that

>tfw DS3 has a solid community even 3 years later
>tfw DS2 was dead in a year after release even with re-release

Attached: 1538486198580.gif (200x161, 986K)

Fuck, I actually watched some parts of it. He spent like 5 minutes talking about backstabbing being unreliable and broken. The problem? He was trying to backstab someone wearing Jester's Robes
lol
also >actually making 8 hours of video to talk about some sóybóy

All it illustrates is how bad you are. Go back to ds3 and mash roll there.

>it's not me playing poorly in this webm
Okay but why would you post a webm of some retard failing a section because he doesn't know how to roll correctly? The main thing the webm demonstrates is the player's inability to play the game right. All you're doing is making it look like the game is actually competent and you're just a shitter complaining about being bad.
You have managed to make Dark Souls 2 look good by calling it shit while being trash yourself.

how good is the rolling in your video game champ?
you guys talk so much bullshit

are you really that shit that you need confirmation to make yourself feel better? kek.

Clear, easy to confirm and compare fats are more than enough for an average brain.

DaS2 is the easiest fucking souls game holy shit get good

What does this post even mean

the videos are good background noise but nothing more, some of the points he makes are actually fucking stupid and he is either misrepresenting them or flat-out misunderstanding them
i've listened through his 8 hour ds2 sperg-out multiple times because i work a boring job

Name 5 great bosses in DaS2. You can’t.

Dante must die mode: no dlc.

>superior

>Uses a trainer and or watched twitch streamers

Zoomer please

Can you fix the stiff movement somehow in DaS2? It feels so bad I can't play it

>DS2
>a game with retarded HP gains from relatively low investments compared to the rest of the series
>a game with the highest i-frame roll on high agility and highest roll travel distance on low equip %
>a game that allows you to stack 3 types of 99 lifegems with basic ones being dirt cheap and sold infinitely by the first merchant in the game
>a game that still has true poise from DS1 if you poisestack a little bit, allowing you to poise through all spammy enemy attacks
>a game with low endurance softcap
>a game with barely functional scaling but high base damage and broken elemental infusion damage that requires no investment
>a game where blunt damage just annihilates 70% of foes
>a game that gives you the spammable dark crutch spell and the strongest dark buff in less than 20 minutes of gameplay
>a game with infinite spells
>a game with bulletproof NPC helpers
>a game where bow allows you to safely pull individual enemy aggro over huge distances
>a game with the most primitive base enemy and boss movesets
>hard
DS2 is the most insultingly easy souls game, it's just incredible that this slog is hailed as anything but a Bamco cash grab, it belongs to the garbage bin and should stay there, forgotten years ago.

Attached: 1549636173706.jpg (417x306, 49K)

The fact that he's autistic enough to spend like 10 hour-long videos trying to argue a point that ends up falling flat through his own incompetence is really hilarious.

Even with DLC there's not enough for 5 bosses

Your post reads like you haven't actually played Sekiro.
Comparing it to Dark Souls 3 is laughable.

wasn't he known as Sekiro even before he lost his arm?

I can tell you haven't played Sekiro because that's not even how you cheese.

im an elite gamer okay i don't need trainers
you on the other hand... oh wait you cant even get them because you're a dumb consolefag

Rotten, Rotten NG+, Rotten NG+2, Rotten NG+3, Rotten NG+4

dlcs are great but not because of the bosses

what

Why does everyone keep saying that Sekiro is harder than souls. It's way easier than any of them. I beat several of the sekiro bosses first try, which Inrarely do in souls.
In Sekiro I beat:
>Gyoubu Masataka Oniwa
>folding screen monkeys
>gaurdian ape
>great shinobi owl
>corrupted monk
>divine dragon
>headless ape
All on the first try, which is more than half of the bosses.
Now from all three dark souls + bb I only beat a few per each game on the first try.

Attached: 1553180129649.jpg (625x552, 97K)

The fire one had decent bosses, that's about it.

Pursuer, Darklurker, Velstadt, Smelter, Looking Glass Knight

i wouldnt really call him incompetent he just really dislikes ds2 and lets his personal bias slip through way too often. his movie reviews are way better as they are his own thoughts and not just rebutting someone else where he clearly has an emotional stake

They sure as fuck ain't good because of the areas outside of Iron King DLC maybe.
Shulva is a repetitive trash full of everything bad with DS2 level design. Ivory King is the same yet like 3 times bigger.

darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/The Rotten
This boy.

>im an elite gamer
Holy fucking cringe

Attached: 1551965750325.jpg (568x491, 69K)

The learning curve is much steeper but once ur over it ur over it cuz the boxes are better than all the other soulsborne. The ease you feel is simply less jank and more responsiveness once you know how to play.

probably because I keep trying to use the I frames on dodge and get punished because their is less than ds2 without adp

No, just Wolf

I seriously thought that was a gigachad picture

Attached: 1506357269107.png (941x887, 199K)

Except you beat snake eyes by spamming parry.

i know
and im just wondering what kind of bait your post was

Both DS3 and Sekiro put high focus on multi-stage bosses and fast paced combat. Of course the combat itself is quite different but still Sekiro and DS3 are more similar in their priorities than DS3 and DS2.

>he thinks it was a serious post
The only cringe here is you, lurk more

Mirror Man and Fume Knight are the most memorable bosses, and I think they're both pretty good.
The real appeal of dark souls 2 is ironically how different it was from dark souls 1. It's got a lot of flaws but I honestly had fun with it at times. I wish they would have gone even farther off the deep end, though. Dark Souls 2 is limited severely by trying to be a semi-direct sequel to Dark Souls 1, it would have been better if they tried to make it more of their own thing more than just hoping the occasional bit of fanservice would carry people through.
I could appreciate an attempt at originality, even if some of the mechanics would fall flat.

t. never played sekiro
you can't just apply souls cheese to sekiro

>DUDE JUST GIT GUD AND GET PAST THAT INVISIBLE WALL
The absolute state of DaS 2 dicksuckers

If it's made after 2010, then it's not From Software's hardest game.

Pretty sure all DaS2 fans are retarded
"BRUH FUME KNIGHT IS THE HARDEST BOSS IN ALL OF SOULS BRUH"
nigger I beat that slow bitch on my second try and thought he was a miniboss in the way of the real final boss of the DLC

webm is shit but fuck that stupid DLC gauntlet you have to muscle through just to fight fucking Smelter Demon 2.0

That's not what we said at all.
The invisible wall is retarded, but that doesn't stop you from being a massive nigger who still needs to git gud.

It's easier to use the other path, the one without these gates.

Mirror Knight has 3 attacks. He is a pile of extremely easy shit and his battle design is very samey compared to other DS2 humanoids.
I will never understood why the fuck Fume was ever considered as a good or hard boss unless idiots were literally fighting him without disabling the Warmth around the boss room. His moveset is still a clunky shit even compared to DS1 bosses. He is still utterly predictable and most of his moves can be avoided by sticking to his ass. The only thing going on for him is his huge damage per hit but it's just a sign of how shit DS2's boss design is.

I just liked to use bonfire ascetics and farm that boss for easy souls.

DLCs are rancid garbage outside of Alonne, Ivory, Fume and the verticality in Shulva. DLC levels and enemy placement are vanilla DaS2 on steroids, anyone who praises them suffers from severe stockholm's.

youtube.com/watch?v=p9hoAyx3-0I
>bearer of the curse, I will always be at your side

Attached: 1507742253184.jpg (753x595, 23K)

Verticality of Shulva is one of the worst things about the place because you can't return back to the upper levels which requires you to make multiple runs to check every side of the vertical tunnel.

I already said that's not me playing you brainlet fuck. I'm 100% sure you need to have some sort of brain damage to even attempt to defend DaS2 and your posts are only proving that.

Who fucking cares? At least the game has a real final boss.

I think you mean
bear
seek
seek
lest

I guess my main problem with that statement is that Dark Souls 3 is the least original game in the series, it's not a good choice for any comparisons at all. The only reason DS3 is fast paced is because the engine and most of the assets are repurposed from Bloodborne in the first place, and the reason the fast paced combat isn't really balanced in 3 is that it's a Souls game that discards the entire careful and calculated combat philosophy of souls games. You're supposed to play it like a souls game but it betrays that at every opportunity.

A better comparison would be to Bloodborne itself, because Bloodborne is a game with fast paced combat that is actually designed around playing it that way.
Sekiro isn't comparable to dark souls 3 because it's not a souls game. You're not supposed to play it like a souls game.

>it's not about the journey, it's about the destination!
okay man, retardville is two threads down

I don't think it really matters if it's you playing.
You're trying to say Dark Souls 2 is bad, but your evidence of that is a video of some guy who sucks at the game. The video actively detracts from the point you're trying to make, yet you continue to defend it.
If you can't even demonstrate how bad DS2 is, why should anybody believe you when you say it's bad?
I've played it myself, I already know it's bad, you're not doing anybody any favors by being this retarded.

>starts playing DaS2 with everyone on a day one
>3 hours in
>sees an online message like "illusory wall ahead" placed right next to a wall
>hits said wall
>nothing happens
>downvotes that message
>finds out that one actually has to press the "Cross" button to interact with those walls weeks later
I'm sorry if I downvoted one of your messages, bros. I didn't know, I was clueless.

Attached: c2d.jpg (663x579, 38K)

The journey in Dark Souls 2 is also bad so I don't see your point.

Dude like half the bosses in the first game have 3 attacks and are easy to kill.
A boss like him that summons other players during the fight and calls lighting in an intricate rooftop arena in a massive storm is most definitely memorable.
I feel like you have nostalgia goggles masking how simple some of dark souls 1's bosses were.

It's not literally perfect or anything like that but it was a pretty solid boss, brought something new and interesting to the table and was a fun encounter.
The only bullshit is the statues that wake up and chase you on the way to the fog door when they get a hit in just after your step into the boss room.

And then you find out there are illusory walls you have to hit too. And then you start wondering what the fuck is the point of the key hole walls, especially after finding out there's nothing of value in any of them.

in ds2 you
>become stronger
>get better weapons
>get better armor
>become stronger
>never say a word and still have all the pussies quaking
>become stronger

in sekiro you
>get more health
>get more useless prosthetics
>are the bitch of some fucking 9 year old
>get more useless battle arts that you never use
>emma would probably get fucked by kuro than an armless bum

in sekiro you get good at the combat

I don't think you've actually played Sekiro dude.
None of the prosthetic tools are useless, you upgrade more than just your health, you don't have to break the iron code, and Emma is too busy getting fucked by the sculptor to suck either of the magical dragon dicks you and the kid are presenting to her.

In Sekiro you become a Sword Saint and go on a long journey with an immortal loli who likes you which is better fate than anyone in souls got

In Sekiro you actually get skill and aqcuire new moves/attacks. I'd rather have that then "wow cool armor!"

>literally have to use immersion-breaking bonfire teleport at the beginning of the game
yikes

level design =/= world design you fucking brainlet

now that think about it, how does teleportation work if the lordvessel has been broken since das2?

Attached: 1517634025435.png (512x512, 24K)

>in sekiro you get good at the combat
in other words spam parry

i have played it and its garbage. and the sculptor is an even bigger armless bum than you are
don't make me pull out my playtime again

>become a Sword Saint
more like fucking cheese saint, these fucking developers still cant fucking make one boss that is uncheesable

>In Sekiro you actually get skill and aqcuire new moves/attacks
tell me one, ONE good attack worth using that you learn except for ichimonji
you can't because they are all bad

Das2 is a cake walk even if you never played any souls game before, the game is so slow that even if you're an idiot you've the time to react.

Sucks that dark souls 3 is really bad at both.

agreed

Demon Souls' is also the easiest. bosses are a joke and you can beat the game easily with a +8 weapon

DaS2 has nothing to do with other souls games lore wise.

What's the strat for cheesing Sword Saint? And no, running in circles and poking him occasionally is not cheese

>I guess my main problem with that statement is that Dark Souls 3 is the least original game in the series

why do shitters always say this?

Anor Londo is the only DS1 area that's completely reused

imagine believing this

You're a god damned shinobi in a stealth action game. Nothing you can do is cheese unless you're literally spending 5 minutes whittling down a miniboss by making them pathfind through poison. Using the tools that the game offers to you in order to defeat enemies without abusing an exploit of some kind isn't cheese you absolute retard.

that can't be true. there is a drangleic shield in das3

>DS2
>Hard
Now thats new, poorly designed and hard are not the same thing

Literally everything from the normal and prosthetic tree. Some of the temple tree attacks are good too. Puppet and blood mist as well.

It's all fanservice.

>tell me one, ONE good attack worth using that you learn except for ichimonji
High Monk, Shadowrush, Dragon Flash, Praying Strikes Exorcism
Eat shit nigger, it's obvious you've never played the game

is spamming parry not cheese?
is running away at the speed of light before every attack not cheese?
is mozzarella not cheese?
what the fuck are you talking about? is this how the game was intended to be played?

>ur fuking shinobi so it okay to be bitch
shut the fuck up, what a fucking joke

>is spamming parry not cheese?
you can't spam parry
thanks for proving you've never played the game

The only thing poorly designed in this thread is your brain

>spam parry
>die to first unblockable

Sekiro is easy.
DS1 and DS3 are medium.
DS2 is hard.
Bloodborne is the hardest.

You all are welcome.

Attached: 1540601151394.jpg (1048x1500, 319K)

The entire game is uninspired derivative trash that can only keep player attention through "DUDE remember dark souls 1 lmao".
The world design is arbitrary, the explanation for why it doesn't have to make sense is contrived nonsense, it's the most linear shitfest in the whole series so far and the level design is terrible too. So many areas are effectively just linear corridors that seem randomly thrown together in ways that don't make any sense for what they're meant to representat, and the game presents you with a few fake vistas and hopes you're too blinded by the spectacle to notice how fucking lazy the area is. Irithyll looks pretty when you show up but it's not a fucking city. It's a hallway. It's a ridiculous, lazy attempt at making the player think the world is bigger and more interesting than it actually is, just like pretty much every other zone. The way it connects to the profane capital and anor londo and the catacombs is equally as ridiculous, the game is a fucking mess when you look at it with a critical eye.

There are actually five fucking swamp levels in the game. Five of the fucking things. Five swamp levels, and three cathedrals. That's what dark souls 3 is. Five swamp levels and three cathedrals constructed out of Bloodborne assets with a Dark Souls prepare to die sticker pasted onto the cover.

pvp is what built dark souls, and 2 did it best with variety and fun and best movesets

>Running away before every attack
You do know that bosses, especially sword and spear wielding bosses have pretty far reach, right? If you decide to run instead of parrying at a bad time you're gonna get fucked

Nobody gives a fuck about roll fest which is what pvp was mostly about, except le youtube pvp memers.

>prosthetic tree
prosthetics themselves are a fucking joke let alone their fucking trees
temple shit requires too much investment that could be spent on attack power
shadow rush cost spirits and doesn't do much damage so you might as well just fucking jump at them

have YOU retards fucking played the game
launch it right now and spam parry on every boss and tell me this shit isnt a fucking breeze
i was able to fuck that gorilla up on my first go because of this shit

You can't spam parry, if you try you will get your shit kicked in.
D
Positioning yourself out of the way of attacks obviously isn't cheese you stupid fuck, that's what dodging is.
The dodge functionality extends to both your jump and your run, and if you want to avoid any particular attack instead of deflecting it for whatever reason, you need to know which option to use or else you'll get fucked.

>u can't play the game any other way than my way or ur a bitch
>im an epic hardcore gamer look at my epeen
Okay mr internet though guy, I'm sure your dick is totally as big as you say it is. Can we go back to talking about videogames now?

Dark Souls sucks lol

Attached: dark souls 1 shockwave attacks manus.webm (900x563, 2.4M)

Sekiro is the best because it doesn't have broken hitboxes and stats that make the game """"hard""""

DS3 is a linear piece of shit

hope you weren't trying to get a certain item for your build early on

Attached: great-job-pal-dark-souls-3-57c2f473655e8.jpg (1524x1353, 426K)

You do know basically every prosthetic tool is intended to counter a specific enemy or boss, right? You do also know that basically every combat art is intended to be used in specific combat scenario, right?
The game is legit designed to give you the perfect opportunity to use them.

You can't just L1 spam to win, and if you have actually played the game past more than the first are you would know this.

dude am i even playing the same fucking game as you retards
like im used to the low IQ posters here but fuck me man are you sure you didnt start up ds3 on accident
both games have katanas so i could understand how you would get confused...

but forreal though im right and i know i'm right you absolutely can spam parry
>posture break
it doesn't even do anything, it locks you for a split second if you still get hit you're just garbage

what you can't beat the dancer early in the game?

Underated post.

That webm looks more fun and interactive then whole of bloodborne

Yah it was quite hard to boot that shit game up.

my bad i forgot the single sequence break in the whole game

Attached: 1512062542309.jpg (572x433, 108K)

the only roll fest pvp was 3

This is exactly why I don't really like BB and DS3. Sometimes faster doesn't mean better.

I won't judge Sekiro since I haven't played it.

Attached: 1542772801373.png (1113x1173, 47K)

Sekiro is both faster AND better

Smoothbrains like you shouldn't be posting on this board.

Attached: terry.jpg (1294x478, 69K)

Tedious doesn't equal hard you fucking retard.

i am pretty fucking smooth... my charm even works on trannies like you

yes it does

That guy looks like he is physically incapable of photos that don't look like mugshots

Don't diss Terry like that, man. Have some respect for the dead.

in Dark Souls 1 the only way to reach the lord vessesl as soon as possible is by breaking the game. Otherwise it's even worse than Dark Souls 3. You have to go through a lot of unfun shit to get to the good SL1 builds

you can access more than half the game's areas the second you land in lordran, without killing any bosses, you can even go and kill the 4kings immediately, you just need to kill sif first for the ring

DS2 is easy as fuck
just level adaptability

The fuck is adaptability?

man just get back to the fucking sekiro thread you came from

>yes it does
You're wrong and also stupid.

it does dude
if english is your second language that's understandable

>you feeble fuck
lmao

I love DeS, DaS and BB and now trying to get into DaS2 but I'm not having any fun. I've tried classic sword and board and then pure magic but both weren't really any fun.

Should I try another build or just give up and skip to DaS 3 (which I haven't touched at all)?

Attached: 1413951470063.png (480x270, 62K)

OK I'm going to admit I haven't trier a whole lot on my Dark Souls SL1 runs yet, so I don't know what you can or cannot do. But it doesn't feel that rewarding as DaS3.

Also if you love to explore DaS3 gives you better side quests than any of the other games. It's more like Bloodborne in this aspect, you have for example characters that will try to kill you if you get on their wrong side.

>I love DeS, DaS and BB
Just leave it at that, user. It's all downhill from there.

The hardest From Software game? That would be DaS3.

Attached: DSP.png (1153x3787, 3.88M)

>pvp is what built dark souls
No wonder no game since then is worth anything.

I did a pure mage run on my first playthrough of DaS2 and it was tons of fun. I guess it just isn't for you, I think everyone agrees this one has more unfair bullshit than other souls games, and that turns a lot of people off.

Game feel is totally subjective, so I won't debate you on that, but the open-ness of DaS1 is probably the best in the entire series, you can go anywhere you like almost right away

I don't really know about the sidequests since I uninstalled DaS3 once I got all the achievements, but Lautrec/Anastacia, Siegmeyer/Sieglinde, Petrus/Rhea, Patches, Solaire, Big Hat, and even Laurentius in DaS1 have these really immersive storylines that set the standard for all the games to follow, and I don't think any game has really captured the same memorable nature since. Just look at how much fucking Solaire merchandise there is, it's absurd

buddy fuck right off, he got dropped a gravelord sword +5 in sen's in the dark souls 1 playthrough and immediately steamrolled the entire rest of the game with it

You think Sekiro is gonna set the new record? Especially since he can't do shit like this

Is he actually dumb or just pretends to be dumb so that he could make some money off of those people who donate to him just to call him an idiot?

One can only enjoy DaS2 in a meta sense, be it breaking its shitty rigid progression, abusing shitty mechanics on duelfaggotry, whatever goes as long as you're not simply playing the game regularly. DaS3 is awful too, and even worse in a few aspects, just more polished and less broken in a fundamental "engine refreshes data fast enough so that you don't have AI simply ignoring you or running the opposite direction or hitboxes desyncing" level. I'd agree with except I don't like BB either.

>I think everyone agrees this one has more unfair bullshit than other souls games
It really, really doesn't. SOTFS fixed the few problem areas, like the first large, open area in Forest of Fallen Giants that used to have a Heide Knight and a dozen hollows that would all aggro, and its easy to pull and fight enemies one at a time now, even in places like Iron Keep. I never have to fight more than one Alonne Knight at a time if I don't want to.

And DS2 isn't the only one that has le enemy horde XD meme, Undead Burg and Parish in DS1 are a series of multiple-enemy ambushes and encounters, and the first 10 minutes of Bloodborne has the player strolling down a narrow street filled with a good 20 random mooks all clumped together.

>ds2 is piss easy once you learn to compensate for the awful design decisions and broken hitboxes.
This is every souls game.

Lucatiel's questline in DS2 is good, and so is Creighton/Pate's questline.

>BB
>hard
>or even having a decent difficulty curve
It only ever gets hard in Frontier and Mensis. Maybe the mid section of the DLC (up to Ludwig) and the stretch from the well to the lamp with those enemies with homing attacks and the streetsharks.

Base DS2 has to be the easiest Souls game by far.

I remember beating 90% of the bosses just by circle strafing with the basic ass iron parma and life gems

>this kills the nostalgiafags

Attached: BD62ACF3-58B1-46E9-9DA6-92AAA2A44DEB.jpg (1280x720, 298K)

>and its easy to pull and fight enemies one at a time now, even in places like Iron Keep. I never have to fight more than one Alonne Knight at a time if I don't want to.
You're so full of shit it's not even funny. Weeaboo knights were made worse in Scholar spotting you from a mile and pilling up in no time.

agreed, but that's 2 out of the entire fucking game, and I didn't even find those npcs on my first playthrough, whereas almost all the DaS1 ones start in Firelink, so they're almost impossible to miss

I really fucking wish they would implement the rally mechanic in another game, it was really cool

I'd play Izalith over Amana any time. Or the shitty corridors on DaS3.

>finally get to it in Remastered
>always assumed people hated it for bad design, not lack of design

There's not a single level in DS1 as big or complex as Undead Settlement, Cathedral of the Deep, or Grand Archives.

Tbh, you don’t lose anything by skipping to ds3. Almost every reference in ds3 is reference to DS1
DS2 challenge was fucking weird. It really takes “artifical difficult” meme and make them not meme. Enemies that have limit moveset but one move is useless and let you easily punish and the other literally wreck you and leave no counter play. Dumb bosses have gimmick that requires you to arbitrarily do some action out of the boss room to get rid of the gimmick but without the gimmick the boss is dull and boring. There are many straight up dumb and easy bosses. Some bosses are just annoying like that old king dude in lava. Some boss are annoying AND boring like ancient dragon fight. DS2 suffer the most from boss being big dude with weapon that take swing at you while ds3 big dude with weapon actually have cool gimmick and identity attached.

well fuck you, now i wanna replay it.
what build to make.

are you fucking joking
estus is meaningless in ds2 because of lifegems

i think you're a fucking mong and 2 is my favourite in the series

Blighttown, Catacombs, or New Londo have an equal amount of complexity, Sens Fortress and Anor Londo cover a lot of ground, and even listing the grand archives when DUKES exists is just a mistake

Fume Knight was a pretty good boss fight though.

I still can't get over how well they balanced Estus in DaS1. To Kindle a bonfire, you needed to be in human form, and have humanity to burn at the fire. This opened you up to invasions, and also took precious resources in case you needed help with the level/boss later.

DaS2 threw all that out the window, but had a perfect multiplayer Estus solution; Phantoms can drink, until an invader shows up, then only the host can drink. It's one step forward, two steps back: the game

what? I just ran through on ps3. Fucking retard

FPBP