youtube.com/watch?v=F-azsRToDs4
youtube.com/watch?v=aBPkP2U8pTU
youtube.com/watch?v=z0s-zWsXIe4
youtube.com/watch?v=KBcMnW9QEao
youtube.com/watch?v=yjNpsn7Z6hE
twitch.tv/videos/403029170?t=10h43m26s
twinfinite.net/2019/02/soulcalibur-6-successful-launch/
youtube.com/watch?v=Ep-2tk5zmss
shoryuken.com/2017/11/14/snks-latest-financial-report-shows-huge-profits-33-increase-in-sales-from-previous-fiscal-year/
twitter.com/MarkMan23
teamninja-studio.com/doa6/us/wc.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ultimate will be dead within a couple of years, mark my words.

Reminder that Ultimate makes all other games seethe, so ignore bait

Smash is not a fightan game.

RIP smelle

>unist has more entrants than DBFZ
holy shit lmao

Attached: 1535832734457.jpg (350x350, 18K)

Is it going to be on TV again? Why was getting on TV such an achievement to them? People don't watch TV for video games, that's what websites are for.

If that happens then the overall presence of Smash at EVO will cease, they are not going to bring back Melee or Wii U.

Lol okay bud. Just like Nintendo is going out of the console market :^)

Old dying media good, it has to be good since I grew up with it!

Stinky day

which one is it

Take a bath Smelee!

Why is soulcalibur so low? Is it not that fun?

It was 5th last month, not sure what went wrong

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SMASH BROS ISN'T EVEN AN SFII CLONE HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN

Too bad about sc6, easily the best in the series competitively.

Nice to see UNIST climbing though

>BBTAG dead last
All is right in the world.

It is great just not very popular

>UNIST that high
holy shit

Attached: 1521963669475.jpg (501x501, 14K)

lets go unist!

It won't last.

>dbfz under unist
uhhh

>Register for a game that isn't even out yet

How does that even work?

>BBTAG in last place
It was to be expected. UNiB’s doing alright though, and Smash in first is something.

>unist above db and shart tag battle
Based

>Tekken beating out Shit Fighter V

All is right in the world

Attached: 1530968516943.jpg (1024x1024, 418K)

>DBFZ that low
what the FUCK happened? It was number one in everything last EVO.

Personally I got tired of the extremely long blockstrings, matches taking forever, and everyone playing the same

The new patch will probably get people to sign up now.

No melee???

Wanna bet they will still be as biased as fuck and give SFV the main stage?

>smash
>no gg
cringe

where IS THE FUCKING JAV I'M BEGGING YOU

>biased as fuck
The game that gets the most views gets on the main stage, I don't see how it's biased.

>Blazblue dead last
ONE WHOLE YEAR FOR FOUR CHARACTERS GUYS, 3 OF THEM BEING RECYCLED ASSETS
Eat shit, Arcsys

Attached: Kanji.gif (317x178, 112K)

>wanting to watch the crossdressing guy who commentated EVO two years ago

>not wanting to watch a crossdresser
Are you fucking gay?

The novelty died off. When entries opened the game was in a slump, the first numbers had DBFZ second last. I'm actually surprised it managed to climb two spots the new patch was huge it seems it brought new life to the game.

Attached: vegeta.gif (640x360, 1.31M)

Serve those cucks right for pussying out on the Senran Kagura DLC.

Attached: 1553704029954.jpg (724x1024, 106K)

DBFZ got more views last year though

Not that sfv shouldn't be a main stage game since it's in the top 3

No, I'm not a faggot. I'd rather watch an actual JAV than Tensei and some dumb discord meme

Ultimate will still be receiving updates and DLC in a couple of years, mark MY words. Seriously, its very clear that Nintendo wants to keep Smash alive indefinitely. If every year they do a fighter pass, that means that every single Direct will have hype behind it, because people will constantly be begging to find out who joins next. And that's just looking at what continuously adding fighters would do for the series. It isn't hard to see that other things could continue to be added to Ultimate as time goes on, Home Run Contest and Stage Builder just being the start of all of that.

dbfz will likely overtake unist once the world tour starts

and i really hope smash is last so i can go to sleep earlier, i really hate watching that game

Everyone realized it was a meme game with no real value.

You wouldn't play it even if they were added.
Unless you were going to forgive every sin the game committed if they added your shitty waifus in it

>1st place going to last
I don't give a shit about smash but keep dreaming.

I guess you're ok with CORE VALUES then huh?

I love bbtag, but holy shit arcsys dropped the ball on that game.
9 fucking months for 4 characters.

Attached: Dg9oV1gVMAAF5cb.jpg (1119x1200, 183K)

i meant last one the stream. as in, the final game of the night.

DBFZ is diet Mavel. Now BBTAG I don't understand why anyone would wanna play that game. Why would I wanna play dumbed down versions of Blazblue or UNIST characters when I can play the real thing? Only desperate Persona fans would be interested in that.

>put in a lot of work for next bb mainline
>put it in evo for 1 year
>pretty much kill it off by making dumbed down spin off
lol

Attached: D5242AFB-83FA-4A00-91DE-7115A56CAB36.jpg (1075x1615, 597K)

>Tekken has more players than fucking Street Fighter
>still not the main event

Fuck Smash, that is bullshit right there.

I only see DoA as 100% fap material so its status being affected doesn't bother me at all since I fucking called the devs trying to be taken seriously as a fighter only to dial back in a complete 180 to cater towards their actual DLC-eating fans. Nothing new here, DOA should never be taken that seriously after 4.

Attached: 1489619518554.png (1440x1794, 548K)

SFV will probably take that last spot again as it always has.

Imagine the smell

>SF5 only third at CAPCOM THE EVENT

AYY lmao

I would joke about Fenrich and Omito but yeah

Only MAHVELfags that don't want to admit they are now repping what they sow.

Tradition Matters
Street Fighter and to an extent Capcom, Made fighting Game esports
also the Game ist decent right now and a Hype Capcom announcement is a great way to Close the Show

Also Last Spot sunday isnt great for viewership

I wonder how much pool scum I can skim off before I die to Japanese player.
Or squish again

Attached: DVd7Z7tUQAAqQg7.jpg orig.jpg (768x768, 89K)

Holy SHIT what happened to dragon ball? I thought everyone loved it?

See you FGCucks in 8 years when season 4 for SFV is done.

Attached: 1551893897901.png (570x477, 83K)

Toei fucked it over
I think they gimped DHC stuff and ruffled the meta a shitton two patches ago.
Harada is behind the E-sporting department now but the damage seems lasting. At least it ain't radio silence like Tag though.

Attached: Chad Shotos.jpg (596x677, 277K)

COPE

SMASH ISN'T A FIGHTING GAME! DELETE THIS!!!

Attached: 1526603791661.jpg (938x974, 81K)

Plus with Ultimate probably being the last time all the characters will be together, they're going to maximize the opportunity.

That sucks man. Never was into dbz but fighterZ is fucking gorgeous and I hate to see it drop off.

Also no one wants to have their game to be associated with a gay nigger furry for winning it's EVO championship being the face of that game.

They will have added 2 top notch DLC characters till 2027 that took a lot of work to make, violent ken and happy akuma.

I think its nice that there aren't 2 smash games anymore, as there have never been 2 games from the same series except for smash.

I like ultimate a lot though.

>tfw when MK11 saves DBFZ by luring the faggot away

Attached: ded.jpg (500x281, 49K)

Fox has been slacking immensely, lost to Dogura and some other Japanese player at Final Round I think it was? It was around a month ago.
Meme it up all you want, fox is fucking skilled and that's honestly all I care about since I try to mentally block all that furryshit away from my life as much as possible.

people finally realize dbfz sucks.
turns out super dash really is a shit mechanic and nobody likes holding infinite blockstrings and watching 20 year long combos always end in 20 year long cinematic supers.

You damn well know he's gonna rape both at the same time.

The last patch is definitely the shot in the arm the game needed after the system changes. The next couple of majors are gonna be super interesting now.

He's still gonna focus on it since that's how he can travel the world but MK is definitely gonna be his breadwinner again.

Or you could just not give a shit about e-celebs and personality cults and just watch top player matches without caring for what they do in their private lifes.

It's hard to block when he walks up there in the suit and every other phrase from him is "I'm gay"

>private
lmao

The Long Combos arent the Problem
Super Dash isnt a Problem
The Long Blockstrings are the Problem, and 2/3rds of Your Team Being defined by their Assist making 70% of the roster useless

Maybe the NA scene of DBFZ but the japs have been beating him for a couple of months now

Just enjoy when the retarded mutt loses, like i do when leffen the acne crater get fucking ground into dust.

I was actually waiting for a team of homura/asuka or homura/miyabi. after they took away mitsuru whip loops I kinda stopped though.

More people should play sc6, it's surprisingly good and the devs have been pretty responsive.

>The Long Combos arent the Problem
Not him but I personally consider it a big problem. I recognize there are people who like long combos though.

It's too late now. Next year it won't even be at Evo and everyone has been playing it for years. I'd rather wait for a new fighting game to come out.

Honestly, barring some insane new breakthrough in the entire idea of what Smash is, I'm not seeing a reason why there should ever be a followup title, and not instead just keep updating Ultimate with content. If ever they want to add something massive (for example an Adventure mode similar to Subspace Emissary), they could add that as a paid expansion like the Octopass Expasion for Splatoon 2 or Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna

Mediocre dlc and slow Release killed the Hype for me
Its still My favourite 3d fightan tho

The game is just that fucking fun honestly. Glad Tekken is up there too.

Attached: 1533774786101.jpg (1800x1653, 1016K)

2B and Amy were really good though

>couple of years
That’s how long fighing games are supposed to last you autist. Not 20 years playing the same fucking gamecube game. I understood when you didn’t want to move on to Brawl because that game was shit but there’s no excuse with Ultimate.

WHEN'S BATTLE FOR THE GRID?

We did it.

Attached: 1543958019551.png (689x544, 181K)

>mikafags
>doing anything
Let's not get ahead of ourselves

>my normalfag game has more entrants than your niche game, we did it bros!

>shit tag that low
good, it's stealing GG's spot

Feels good

Attached: 0CA339A6-ED06-4736-ABB4-F5D313CB7E4B.jpg (794x1500, 114K)

>normalfag game
That’s Street Fighter or Tekken, the games entered largely by niggers wearing backwards baseball caps. Smash meanwhile is a bunch of awkward/autistic suburban white kids.

Downloading Unist. What am I in for?

Attached: 1458672657902.jpg (376x374, 18K)

I'll be honest, I would absolutely be playing SC6 if Smash didn't come soon after. As far as more traditional fighting games go, Soul Calibur is my favorite, but nothing really compares to how good it feels to move and do pretty much anything in Smash.

Maybe if I find some friends who play it I'd get more into it, Amy was my old main after all and I am kind of excited she's in. I heard her best outfit was even back.

Attached: amy.png (1074x1770, 821K)

bathwater

People who don't read the tutorial or mission mode for some fucking reason

>another person to drop Yuzuriha
It's great

game is going to sell over 20million units you retarded faggot. nintendo would be stupid to not make a second batch of DLC

See
They are biased.

I wonder if all this UNI popularity will get some japs interested in giving it an anime.

How is this surprising? Ultimate sold more in 1 month than all of those other games combined lol

Whose bathwater?

Attached: 1464796161081.png (397x402, 357K)

>Another blazblue alter memory
Let's fucking not
>When there's hardly any story to animate
On second thought, they can't fuck up talking heads.
That's still a fucking stretch though

why wouldn't they?
I guess Tekken could go last

Jubei deserves a better series than Blazblue.🐱

Attached: DmIrJtkUwAAWZ52.png (1120x630, 1.57M)

>Melee not in for Unishit at #5.
You all know Melee would've been top 3 please do not @ me thank you.

You make it sound like it would be a bad thing.

>Announce patch in February.
>Release it 3 months later.
What the actual fuck is happening at arcsys.

Attached: 1551578618332.jpg (592x457, 34K)

The character who 98% of people who tried her dropped because she's too hard

Attached: 50566466.jpg (646x604, 93K)

Why wouldn't it be a bad thing?
Are you insinuating that Alter Memory was good?

Attached: 1524626259289.jpg (429x429, 47K)

Why bother when Phonon gets better results with half the effort?

Hours of training mode and getting your ass beat until you learn. Also once you pick a character you like stick with them, don’t be a tier whore, no one that forces themselves to pick up a complicated character like Vat does any good with her.

DBFZ HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE SAVIOR OF THE FGC

Crack open a cold one, UNIchads need to celebrate.

Attached: 123235.jpg (1254x1771, 218K)

She's quite interesting this time around, surprisingly big brain. She has her sc4 outfit but the new one is better

You could probably find someone to play with on /vg/. Personally I just do ranked now since they added infinite rematches, so I just find somebody I like playing and do a long set with them.

First Majors tournaments always have a high entry.

A lot of new people enter the community between people thinking thinking they have a chance with a new game.

I'm expecting the numbers to drop the same it did with DBFZ.
After few majors it showed the top 8 will never change now puts the game pretty low at this year Evo.

She's the easiest one though

>Chads
>Monster
Goddamn it, why are uni memes so goddamn awful

You mean like any other fighting game? Gee golly gosh the horror

But it being bad is why I want it.

see SFV is only different due to it being pretty simple and anyone can get into it.

MK11 numbers aren't that high yet either with the game not being officially being out.

Tell that to Tari who killed GO1 last weekend. Seriously though probably because people care more about titties and fanservice

Feels like they're spread too thin.

Go back to sipping onions DB loser.

I hope your opinions are never validated and nobody takes your ideas seriously, ever.

So will every other game on that list

Fight me on PS4
You won't
Or will I see you at EVO?

i mean dude never pretended like he was gonna go into unist just for her.

I wish Smash just died but it won't. The damn thing always has the most entrants and audience on everywhere tournament. They are also the stinkiest and loudest.

They should play the character that clicks with them. Barring that, they should play the character they like the most.

Attached: 1541146087896.gif (100x100, 23K)

You don't want to meet me at EVO
I've killed more cunts than cervical cancer.

Not him but I would take that offer but I’m busy being a wage slave.

>Soulcalibur under SamShow

How?????

and he stuck with byakuya.

Just say you're dodging me

>GO1 took second place in UNIST at NCR after not playing the game for 2 years

>American "pros"

Bad game.

Samsho does look pretty good, maybe the nee brown waifu helped.

SC6 just isn't getting enough love though. Dunno why.
Well, if the series does with 6 at least it went out on a high note.

At least he didn't take first.
But that's just the reality of the situation, the Americans don't stand a chance
And I have no qualms about that, looking forward to a mostly Japanese Top 8 because the past Top 8s in American tournies have been complete washes.
Last year's Heiho vs. Squish was boring as hell.

Now that UNIST is the official anime fighting game I'm thinking of getting it for PC. I already have it on PS4 but nobody plays it. What's a good key site I can use for North America? Will I be able to play with everyone else on Steam?

But it's good
>fantastic balance
>strong neutral focus
>short and sweet combos
>really good character variety
>lethal hits are the best new mechanic in fighting games since GRD in under night
Only downsides are the animations for RE and CEs taking a few seconds too long.

Prize Money isnt there at other majors
Its a waste of time for Sponsored people

SfV Tekken and maybe fighterZ ist where the Money is at
Smash is its own thing

If le balanced siscon spider of strong corner oki is what he likes to play, let him.

I'll literally play you right now on ps4

Only people who got into it were casuals who liked goofy creator characters
Competitive crowd just plays Tekken instead

I used to love SC2 for how simple it was, but the new one feels like a double cheese extra meat burger with all the new mechanics shoved in.

Attached: 58e44367d1555fdec630dd290298665d.jpg (440x720, 74K)

Hmm. It's kind of both simpler and more complicated than sc2.

On one hand combos are a bit longer, each character has a larger pool of viable moves (despite the average movelist being technically a bit smaller), and the lethal hit system, though interesting, has a lot to learn if you actually want to get into it.

On the other hand, inputs are more lenient, tutorials are better, and RE makes it easier to get by as a scrub without learning the hundreds of high/low strings the cast has. Oh, and you don't have to rely on hank glitches like 2G in competitive play.

In the end I'd say it's one of the easiest fighters to pick up... but it's still a fighting game.

Sakurai

>hank glitches
*jank glitches

CHESTO!

Attached: j91352.jpg (768x576, 54K)

Second

getting washed by people who've been playing since the first version came out in Japan

There is the whole issue of console generations. At some point, Nintendo will no longer have a smash game on the current system and will have to redo all the 3rd party contracts to even port ultimate.

You want to make the lobby or should I

Ultimate will die when the new smash comes out, sure.

holding block forever until you get overhead into combo and knockdown and then repeated then having to lab the character to find out where in the string you got overheaded/mixed up at then when you play that character again they just mix you up with a different string and then you quit the game and say anime is shit

This sweet cinnamon roll
lol not really. expect a bunch of linnes, phonons, and akatsukis

Attached: 1551243489840m.jpg (1024x576, 119K)

>A trashcan reaches up to chest height for Linne
IMAGINE

There's so many trash linne players, it saddens me

Not surprised about smash, other current fighters can't compete. No idea how the scene is doing, are people liking the game

Surprised that T7 is 2nd, hope it stays there cause SFV really just needs to go. UNIst doing great and SamSho not being last makes me happy as well. I have a feeling MK will fall off a bit when the game ends up pretty bland.

Wasn't last year

Attached: D3E1dj6VAAYYwZf-orig.jpg (1119x1800, 159K)

>no Guilty Gear

Attached: Baiken8.jpg (256x273, 28K)

I’m a wage slave but if this thread is still active around 6PM est then I’m down for some games.

I'll see if I'm asleep by then or not. I wouldn't bet on it though

>Overhyped meme game turns out to be shit
other news water is wet.

Dont want to See the Same 3 characters for another year

Is Kekken hardest fightan game in the list?

The real crime is that it ain’t lower, but at least based UNIST is kicking the shit out of it, French Bread totally deserves it.

Attached: 068B8AE5-FF4D-4DF1-B385-228F6A95CEC7.jpg (717x1024, 458K)

Probably the hardest to break into the top levels because of the knowledge requirements. And you need good execution for movement. So it is up there for sure but no game is easy at high level

You piqued my curiosity. What knowledge barriers make Tekken harder to break into top level play compared to other fighters?

>the absolute state of FGCunts

Attached: 1517946982393.png (233x261, 84K)

Yes
I Cant get into it, and online is a Shit place to practice
Also nothing Plays Like IT, moving between sfV, unist, ggxrd and Dragon Ball isnt hard
But Tekken is its own beast, Not even comparable to doa or sc

Characters have a huge list of strings with built in mix ups. Learning all that is a pain in general, but then you have to learn so much situational stuff where moves that usually aren't that great suddenly become really useful. That can apply to stages which being all different shapes, with different wall placement and different stage break points. Which is very important for a game with wall combos, but those walls can also interrupt you doing a longer combo so you have to be able to adjust. Of course this all also makes match up knowledge more complex. Which can lead to blow ups like Knee using Lili (who is a character you don't see much at high level) against Qudans cause he figured out something in the Lili vs D.Jin match up. In general it is a game where you do see a large range of characters making top 8 so have to be prepared for anything.

The execution for a lot of stuff isn't easy either. Korean Back Dash is a skill you can always be getting better at and will change if you are forced to take something or can get out and play more defensively. Then depending on your character there is stuff like taunt jet upper to learn.

There is a lot you have to learn and apply.

>fantastic balance
You can't tell me with a straight face Asta and Taki are on the same level as Ivy.
>strong neutral focus
If spending the majority of the match within spitting distance is what SC players call neutral then maybe.
>short and sweet combos
Wallcombos exist, on certain stages there are literal ToDs available
>lethal hits are the best new mechanic in fighting games since GRD in under night
Except their implementation is subpar at best with conditions being wildly different in usefulness (compare Mina's "hit a sidestepping character" LH to Maxi's anti-armor one or any of Raphael's).

Melee wont replace it. Stay mad

The absolute state of SFV.

Unist surprising everyone by showing up at all caught the anime fighters and samsho got the bandwagoners which left just the marvel players.
Dbfz will be nothing but ToDs this evo

>SC6 lower than samurai shitdown
Oh no no no no.....

as a full on meleefag, i think its retarded to think it will do anything but slowly die
itll have its locals, but new players are never going to get into it
accept the death of technical competitive smash as i have
there is no future

>If spending the majority of the match within spitting distance is what SC players call neutral then maybe.
Are you one of those idiots who thinks neutral is only when the characters are fullscreen whiffing normals at each other?

People dont know that samsho is Bad yet
Also the Skill ceiling is Mad Low, might AS Well sign up

No, I'm one of those idiot who thinks neutral is at its best when there's some interplay between ranges of characters' moves and movement, and SC6 isn't about that unless Ivy or Mina are involved.

the animations and the feel just isnt great.
a mishima 112 in tekken feels better than literally 90% of all moves in soul cal

Sound like we have a salty melee friend here

>Dont want to See the Same 3 characters for another year
t. hasn't seen any top 8's
>b-but Omito!
Omito is the only player than can play Johnny at a tournament level. Him being a three-time finalist is his own merit for being good and an entirely different topic

Not him, but I think the knowledge requirements for 2d (at least anime) is long combos, and the knowledge requirements for 3d is big movesets. But tekken has both.

Why is there no DOA?

Im more of a street Fighter fag with some kof on the Side

Samsho is Just delaying kof 15 wich sucks

can someone explain to me how can unist get popular in the west, it looks poverty af in contrast to other anime games
meanwhile gulity gear that people shill as the best fighting game around cant get to US evo again?
i will never understand anime degens, you cheer for bbcf pc release then drop it for complete garbage like cross tag
you mumble about gg being legit and yet the scene is dead af

Better for fapping than fighting

Attached: 1552170323107.jpg (3840x2160, 929K)

This. Jap Evo was also a fucking Kum Chipp grand finals. Almost all GG top 8s are all unique characters with diversity and otherwise one pair of the same. Omito is fucking fantastic and when my boy Nage won Evojap the year before down to the wire it was fucking nerve wracking. BBCTB also has objectively bad balance and no one mentions how that game is still mainstage.

Last balance patch in Guilty Gear wasn't so great. they buffed Johnny and he's been dominating the competitive scene ever since.

It's nice to see UNIST has so many entrants, it's the only one there I intend to watch, though I don't know if I'll watch all of it. I'll be watching all of the GG side tournament though.

>can someone explain to me how can unist get popular in the west, it looks poverty af in contrast to other anime games
Because its core group of players played it devotedly and supported their scenes and cultivated its growth. It's only been out in consoles for two years
>meanwhile gulity gear that people shill as the best fighting game around cant get to US evo again?
Because it's been 5 years with the same game, even with updates.
>i will never understand anime degens, you cheer for bbcf pc release then drop it for complete garbage like cross tag
>pc anime fightanfags
not
once
>you mumble about gg being legit and yet the scene is dead af
Never listen to shills

greenshield bitch

You could say the same for MK but it's for fighting too.

Is DBFZ that dead already

i cant wait any more bros
i have to throw as many tsubame gaeshis as i possibly can at evo

Attached: 1524626875937.webm (358x304, 478K)

nah youre just a shit player son

to be fair, GG has been at evo for 4 years, being at its core the same game throughout SIGN, Xrd and Rev2. It's not the end of the world that its skipping a year. Not only GG but EVO as a whole was getting stale with its lineup of games, I'm fine with them switching things a lot

Game isnt fun to Play online
The Skill Gap between High Level and intermediate ist too Big
Dlc is slow, and the Game is super repetetive at Low level

Yet why is BBTAG there when no one fucking plays it?

>every single one of those applies to ultimate

Attached: 1532475965403.png (235x234, 35K)

Sure, but ultimate has No competetion

It's a pretty big side-game for the pros to fuck around in. And I guess arcsys wants to cash in on sunday spot to announce more shit they can release a year after

bring back Melty Blood

>You can't tell me with a straight face Asta and Taki are on the same level as Ivy.
You haven't been paying attention to tournaments, this ain't 1.0 any more bub.
>If spending the majority of the match within spitting distance is what SC players call neutral then maybe.
I mean SC is weapon based so backdashes aren't as useful due to longer ranges and you can't whiff punish an extended hitbox. But movement is still pretty important and powerful, particularly because of the danger of ringouts. It tends to happen more when neither character is in the other's range yet. But it's definitely a neutral-heavy game.
>Wallcombos exist, on certain stages there are literal ToDs available
Wall combos are the only time combos become comparable in length to other fightan, yeah. By ToD I assume you mean ringout combos? There's no stage where you can combo into ringout from the starting position. Obviously you can combo into a RO once you're closer to the ledge.
>Except their implementation is subpar at best with conditions being wildly different in usefulness (compare Mina's "hit a sidestepping character" LH to Maxi's anti-armor one or any of Raphael's).
Some are less useful than others (when is it not the case in fighting games that some moves are more useful?), but you exaggerate in saying this makes the mechanic subpar or somehow not interesting. And raph is a difficult character to play in general; his lethal hits are focused on punishes. They're difficult to use, but definitely not useless.

Super Dash is a problem because Bardock exists.

What was the point of including CTB again?

>low level complaints
no one cares about you though. the fact that you are even able to play is a miracle that you should be thankful for. there is no way in hell youre plying shit like blazblue cf or mvc3

>pretty big side-game
No it's not, not even ironically. Shit even more pros are picking up UNIST rather than BBTAG.

Arcsys bucks so they can shill for the 6th fate

fuck do I know, I don't make the choices for the lineup

There's a shitton of overlap

But SC looks much less janky and stilted than tekken. Movement feels a whole lot smoother too.

Its good to see SamSho is getting some interest. Series is easy to pick up but there is still a good amount to learn. I can see some crusty old Japanese SamSho2 player nobody knows rocking up and just destroying everyone.

Attached: 1554213299157.png (1280x720, 1.39M)

The only thing you dodge is salads you fat fuck

shitty DLC and 50 gokus

LOW

Attached: pls subscribe.webm (1920x1080, 459K)

Reminder that MK11 and SamSho are inflated because they aren't actually out. Same thing happens every year.
Then when someone realizes they don't like the new games they bow out, or they dip because that game is too close to their SFV/Tekken pool match.

SamSho's looking great. Too bad the online's probably gonna be garbage since so far Snk has never produced a single game with decent online play. I would even dare to say that out of all the fighting games with online play theirs are consistently the worst of the worst. Even worse than low budget mobile shit.

Reminder no one likes Babytag

Attached: bbtag.webm (768x432, 2.89M)

Banning Meele I guess

Attached: 20190318055547_1.jpg (2560x1440, 395K)

>Gordeau and Ruby
Fucking still? Christ.

>UNIST
>poverty
Maybe the players, but the actual animations and mechanics are better than anything Arcsys has done themselves since the early 2000s.

how do I get Julias premium snaps

What did they do to Julia?

>Reminder that MK11 and SamSho are inflated because they aren't actually out.
They're inflated, cause less people know if they will actually be playing it by the time EVO rolls around? Nah, especially not with a game like samsho which isn't exactly attracting huge crowds. That's very much a game which will need to prove itself still. If anything both games will go up on release if the reception is good.

You could make a general new game hype argument but not being out doesn't help that. The honey moon period does.

Yeah, until the patch hits mid-MAY

Attached: 1493537167331.png (323x241, 134K)

because its a fucking garbage game

Pretty sure it was because of cross game player registration or something, like a lot of people in the other games also sign up for BBtag

I mean yes, but maybe not. Surely the Switch's followup will be a more powerful Switch, and if the trends continue, that's followup could be a Switch, meaning backward compatibility that plays the games on the new hardware with patches that can make use of better resolution and framerate. Really there is no reason for it to ever be a brand new game at this point, unless the hardware changes drastically and isn't compatible with earlier games. Which sure may happen, but I honestly wouldn't expect the idea of the Switch in general to disappear for a solid decade, Nintendo is going to make it into a family of systems, guaranteed.

Son, how new to fighting games are you? This happens at every major, especially when new games show up. You have everyone signing up for everything, then bowing out because they have to focus on their main game, or their pool is too close to the "big" game they're playing's pool. You'll see the exact same thing happen next year with GranBlue.

Smash players are the only ones that don't overlap.

ArcSys pays a lot for advertising

I mean yes, but maybe not. Surely the Switch's followup will be a more powerful Switch, and if the trends continue, that's followup could be a Switch, meaning backward compatibility that plays the games on the new hardware with patches that can make use of better resolution and framerate. Really there is no reason for it to ever be a brand new game at this point, unless the hardware changes drastically and isn't compatible with earlier games. Which sure may happen, but I honestly wouldn't expect the idea of the Switch in general to disappear for a solid decade, Nintendo is going to make it into a family of systems, guaranteed, meaning if they're smart, they could make games released now last for years and years (honestly not sure why Mario Kart 8 Deluxe hasn't received new DLC tracks and racers yet, but I wouldn't be surprised to see this happen to that game as well).

>Julia is now an e-thot

Attached: 1554167508213.jpg (900x900, 118K)

>Julia shaves
Always knew she was half assed about saving the forest.

I like how you can't even tell who the winner was. What a shitty game

Attached: 1527320176970.jpg (670x503, 61K)

>Soul Calibur 6 and Cross Tag in the last two slots
Atleast UNIST is getting some popularity. SC6 is what I'm really bummed about though.

Attached: elsie.jpg (512x288, 32K)

>This happens at every major
Spot the smasher.

>especially when new games show up.
New as in out. The honey moon period is what gets people excited as they think they'll commit. I'm not putting money down for a game I think might be good but I'm not sure. Many won't even be sure if they are getting either yet.

>You'll see the exact same thing happen next year with GranBlue.
With Cygames money? Doubt it.

Are you serious

Can't wait to see MK11 overtake SFV and then somehow SFV is the main event yet again. It's amazing how much special treatment a game that awful receives from TO's.

>Crosstag Battle that low
Hope our last year is a good one.

Attached: ruby_drinks.png (1100x846, 420K)

>spot the smasher
It's you, clearly, since you don't know how to read and don't know how the FGC works.

Mortal Kombat is where washed up players go to retire, so unless everyone is retiring this year...

Yeah, have fun. Arcade gets the patch first and then they'll move it to consoles in a month

Attached: 1477951299946.webm (1280x720, 2.87M)

is Ultimate even a good game?

Evo is literally at its roots a Street Fighter tournament, its like if genesis headlined a fighting game if it got more entrants, it just wouldnt happen

You know fighting games are in the shitter when Smash of all things is the most popular tournament.

SF5 is still boring unga bunga trash
Anime fighting games are unga bunga brainlet trash
DBFZ is trash
MK is still a ugly snoozefest

Only non casual shit games on there is T7,SC6. And SamSho

Attached: 1513701084731.png (398x309, 122K)

Nobody wants to play a game where the best player is a cheating furry nigger faggot.
If GO1 had won the last set, this wouldn't have happened

>both disgusted with themselves at the end
Perfect

>You haven't been paying attention to tournaments, this ain't 1.0 any more bub.
Fuck outta here, Taki and Asta haven't won an offline tourney yet, be it 1.0 or 1.30 they still suck. Or would you prefer if I'd compared them to Nightmare?

>can't whiff punish an extended hitbox.
>backdashes aren't as useful
QED

>It tends to happen more when neither character is in the other's range yet.
For 2 whole seconds.

>There's no stage where you can combo into ringout from the starting position.
Until 1.30 Ivy and Mina could RO you from starting position on both desert and ocean stages, ROs on those stages were enough of an issue that Project Soul felt the need to adress them. Desert stage feels unchanged so maybe old routes still work.

>when is it not the case in fighting games that some moves are more useful?
It's one thing when moves are situationally more useful than other, and another when a thing is garbage in the majority of situations.

>you exaggerate in saying this makes the mechanic subpar or somehow not interesting.
Alright, how the fuck is "win more" mechanic interesting? How is a souped up conditional counter hit engaging your brain hard? Or maybe you've never seen "do X shit Y times and get rewarded" mechanics in FGs? Then you need to expand your horizons something fierce.

>wiiu port
Kek

>Yea Forums still seething about Sonicfox
fucking incredible lmao

>Mortal Kombat is where washed up players go to retire
The NRS scene is pretty much its own thing. You see very little crossover between it and the rest of the FGC. I can't think of any players that went to retire there, at best some give each game a go at the start but drop it after 1 event.

>BBTag dead last
>UNIST above DBFZ
This EVO, wew. So when are they announcing Mahvel 4?

Attached: 1551483518202.jpg (835x716, 67K)

you find an autist who has been playing the old games for a while to teach you one of them and hope it carries over.

Top 8 is probably gonna be a mishmash of retro game fanatics and top players of other games who have already started getting crash courses from said fanatics. TBF it'll probably be fun to watch.

Its comments like this that make me think people don't actually play fighters

>then somehow SFV is the main event yet again
It's the history, to take that place from SF it really has to slip to nothing and another game needs to rise very high. Plus it will most likely get the highest viewers, Ultimate could take it but that'll be close.

Ask people who signed up for dbz last year

Tekken 7 got more entrants than SF V? wow

A TV slot still means way more viewers then your average twitch stream. Even chinese cartoons at 3am on a saturday night can pull 300-400 thousand viewers.

Yes, very.

SFV was dead last in entrants last month so I'm not sure how they got up to third, especially since nothing new has been announced for that game. I hope they're ramping up for SF6 because SFV isn't going to carry Capcom's fighting division too much longer.

You're probably not wrong, at least with Yea Forums or the /fgg/ threads.

>SC6
>not a casual shit game
Oh no no no

>SFV was dead last in entrants last month so I'm not sure how they got up to third
It wasn't, same top 3

By actually being a non shit franchise entry

Why is that surprising when it's a better game?

>SFV dead last
>EVO
Unlikely.

MONEY

>You lived long enough to see Tekken have a larger turnout than SF at Evo

Attached: 1550377593663.jpg (1000x1000, 263K)

New dying media doesn't pay jack shit. It's why literally everyone on YouTube and Twitch spends most their time begging for pennies, setting up Patreons and acknowledging everyone that throws them a handful of quarters.

>UNIST at #5
What a long road to get here boys but look at us now! Up where the air is crisp.

Attached: 1538644624820.png (502x671, 431K)

On average, Tekken had been growing at most events. On average, SFV has been losing players at most events. Not an exact thing, sometimes both lose a bit, sometimes both grow a bit. But SFV tends to be losing more and gaining less. This is reflected in viewers and player counts.

Eventually this will reach a tipping point, but realistically SFV will probably remain the bigger game for a while. It would take the announcement that development is basically over to shift it quicker. Which isn't impossible, but more likely SFV will get one last substantial update and then fade. The game is based on a service model that requires constant content.

Attached: 2018.jpg (1200x226, 60K)

I want to play your game but I don't want to pay $69.99 plus tip for something that looks like a slightly more polished Melty. There's DLC I gotta pay extra for too, right?

It’s always been a niche title that’s more known than played
Everyone knows Ivy the ludicrously luscious designed girl, everyone knows Taki the original tittyninja, everyone knows Soulcalibur 2 and played it on their GameCube to play as link casually, but very few people have ever played it seriously

>DLC
If you want extra colors and in-character voice-calls yeah

>anime avatar scrub hates everything and thinks it makes him good even though he cant do basics
you are the worst kind of poster next to sonyfags who defend blocking crossplay and censorship

everyone knows the anime scene in america is a joke for people who cant cut it in other fighting games and just jerk off in discords together, japanese players that come here for other games enter the side tournaments and collect free money every time

DLC is only color packs (there are already packs you can get by playing the game) and on PC there's like round call stuff if you want a different announcer.

Wait for a sale though, there was one like a month ago and there might be another one by summer

Hopefully squish get rocked this year too

Attached: his smug and confident aura gone.png (279x478, 239K)

You need to take a shower right now.

If any Ultimate players are listening, you can come be part of the FGC unlike the Meleefags. We know you don't like them either.

Attached: 1531867832615.png (768x768, 352K)

Compared to the other games? Yeah it not lmao

>>anime avatar scrub hates everything and thinks it makes him good even though he cant do basics
>you are the worst kind of poster next to sonyfags who defend blocking crossplay and censorship

Cope harder, projecting scrub. Your casual games are trash, Only Tekken and SNK games retain their legacy of difficult to learn difficult to master

Thats because smash deserved to have 2 games and the only reason melee isn't there at this evo is because of backroom deals and everyone knows as much.

It's not fair they got arcades and shieet.

Also I guess if nobody is good they have nobody to train against to get stronger. You can lift 5 lb weights a billion times a day but it won't help you in a lifting contest against someone who regularly trains with 120 lb weights every few weeks.

Attached: 1551391005977.gif (146x359, 293K)

Who's interested in a pc unist lobby?

>squish gets rocked
>not squish gets squashed
Who is he? Some fag from the NA lobbies that pretends to be a God at the game?

Last year tekken had 3 women in top 64.
(Top 64: Yuyu, Tanukana, top 24: Cuddle core).

will we ever see a girl survive until sunday?

Attached: tanukana1.jpg (471x611, 91K)

that argument is true but the anime community doesnt attempt to grow their scene or improve themselves, they dont have anything in the way of new player retention or guidance and they literally constantly jump ship to the newest kusoge released, additionally they are incredibly insular and tend to only set up matches via discord meaning anyone that isnt willing to be invested in their community for the purpose of starting out cant even get consistent matches

He's NA's 2nd best player next to redblade. He won EVO last year

Evo 2018 grand champion that consistently places high in every event that he attends and can take matches from the jap gods.

In Japan they still play Hisoutensoku at EVO

Why do people want to see him lose? Does he have a bad personality?

>worst street figher game in 27 years will still be the main event because capcom $$$

>tend to only set up matches via discord meaning anyone that isnt willing to be invested in their community for the purpose of starting out cant even get consistent matches
Isn't discord a more accessible means for new players over setting up in person locals or tournaments? Or are you suggesting they do something other than that?

1. Fuck Akatsuki
2. Japanese players are at least fun to watch
I don't know why people think mashing 1 frame FF counter is hype when it's easy as shit.
That 3-0 from Lamp was great to watch

It's just streamboars looking for their next dosage of drama. He likes to style on people but is a decent guy overall.

Its projected salt from losing to Akatsuki in casuals and locals

Tekken should really be the main event on Sunday

>Fuck outta here, Taki and Asta haven't won an offline tourney yet, be it 1.0 or 1.30 they still suck. Or would you prefer if I'd compared them to Nightmare?
user there were two astas in the top 8 of the last NA major, the major before that had 4 astas in top 24, 2 in top 8, and 1 in GF. Taki has also been doing fine. There hasn't been a single character that's been demonstrably unviable, nor is any character clearly the best. Tournament results point to a very balanced roster; pic related.

>QED
It's just part of the nature of weapon-based fighters that you're not going to be playing footsies as much as SF or tekken; that doesn't mean the game isn't highly neutral focused.

>Until 1.30 Ivy and Mina could RO you from starting position on both desert and ocean stages, ROs on those stages were enough of an issue that Project Soul felt the need to adress them. Desert stage feels unchanged so maybe old routes still work.
And now they can't. This doesn't change that it's misleading to say it has "ToD combos" as if it were mvc2 or something. Generally speaking, it's quite accurate to say SC6's combos are "short and sweet" compared to... basically any fighter this gen besides smush and sfv.

>It's one thing when moves are situationally more useful than other, and another when a thing is garbage in the majority of situations.
I don't think that's generally true. Your comment about Raphael makes me think you're not actually that familiar with the system.

And the idea behind many lethal hits is precisely that they have very specific situations that they're useful in, which makes more of a character's movelist useful by giving certain moves unique situational utility, and encouraging players to think more about rare edge case situations they otherwise wouldn't pay much attention to.

Attached: tw2srhfv80h21.png (533x794, 23K)

it gets worse the better you get at it

how about letting people they dont know actually play in lobbies, or hell just use the actual games casual and ranked game modes in any capacity

2/

It's fine for LHs to vary in utility; if every LH had a commonly-occurring activation condition, half the hits in the game would be LHs.
>Alright, how the fuck is "win more" mechanic interesting?
How is it a "win more" mechanic?
>How is a souped up conditional counter hit engaging your brain hard?
It's not, which is fine because LHs aren't crush counters; very few of them actually have counterhitting as an activation condition.
>Or maybe you've never seen "do X shit Y times and get rewarded" mechanics in FGs?
I have, but never as frequently as in SC6. Those are interesting because they give you alternate mini-win-conditions to work towards, along with LHs that encourage you to, say, win via ringout, or with a certain RE option.
Then there's LHs that encourage you to use the evasive properties of moves you might otherwise ignore (like tech jumping a low with talim's 44B), or use a specific move to break the opponent's guard (like mina and her 44A+B), or choose NOT to break guard so you can get LHs from their red gauge (like mina 2A+B), or try for a certain LH when you're at full health (2B's 22AAA), or hit with the very tip of a move, or try for LHs when your meter is full, or punish opponents when THEIR meter is full (as geralt does), or a huge variety of other activation conditions.

>Unist 5th
MELEEFAGS BTFO FOREVER!

>DBFZ 6th
Thanks Toei

>Sleep Fighter Jive 3rd
lol

>Soul Calibur 6 below a game that isn't even out
RIP

tpbp

Toei shutting down all tournaments that aren't Bamco sponsored + shitty DLC

Glad to see Tekken doing well. Still it's a shame more people don't play fighting games, these games are very good.

>no melee

GET FUCKED FAGGOTS

Attached: unielYuzu.jpg (746x767, 107K)

Here come the people who pretend to play unist

Tekken 7 is garbage while SFV is ok

uniel doing quite well, nice to see.

Smash managed to do what other fighting games couldn't: attract a big audience.

>all the autists piled into one game

at least the worst autists, melee fags, are gone.

>cheating
Go on. I want to hear this one.

shit taste

>SC6 bellow literally "who" games

I think SC is just overshadowed by Tekken.

>implying appealing to a big audience can't equally be a bad thing

SC6 is definitely casual on the level of DoA6. In fact, I think DoÂ6 has more depth.

Hahahaha Tekucks btfo by Smash chads

>no marvel
>no melee
no point

Delusional

wew, stinky! >,

How is that a bad thing exactly?

Dude, you play SFV. You can't talk shit about SamSho. It isn't delaying KoF 15, they're getting used to UE4.

It doesn't have a high tech ceiling or cuhrazy combos, but those are what brainlets use to measure depth.

>casual babby party game is more popular than thinking man fighting game
imagine my shock

Attached: FtV3.gif (357x200, 871K)

where the FUCK is Granblue Fighterz

Cool fax:
>MK11, second MK game this gen, launches April.
>Samurai Shodown makes its debut early summer.
>MKII, second MK game in the 90s, launched April 1993.
>Samurai Shodown made its debut in early summer 1993.

By appealing to a large audience a game has the potential to lose a lot of the depth that appealed to its hardcore fanbase; case study being sfv. It isn't a guarantee'd bad thing though, Smash Ultimate is an impressive middleground between Nusmash and meleefaggotry, but having a large audience doesn't really mean much when looking at how good a game is as something competitive.

Smash has 3 advantages in that regard
>Nintendo fanbase
>Party game
>None-split fanbase

There are 8 fighting games on that list, so naturally the fighting game fanbase is going to be split between them as most people have a 'main' game that they enter tournaments in. Smashfags literally only play smash. Smash is literally the most segregated community, with extremely little if any crossover.

>caring about the number of entrants
care about the damn game you faggots. You're acting like the rosterfags who only feel happiness when someone ISN'T in the game.

Attached: 1544129108667.png (245x245, 22K)

The original SC has come back to take its crown.

>tfw the gay furry uses my main in UNIST

Attached: 1552932611561.jpg (479x269, 18K)

nobody wants to be associated with (lose to) a furry

>Yea Forums is on the level of retatd normalfags who get their opinions from Youtubers who stir drama for views and think SFV is still at the same position it was when it launched

That's a sign that you're playing a one trick pony meme character that gets wins mainly through matchup unfamiliarity instead of skill. Consider switching.

That's what I hate about the current FGC. It's like people can't let themselves enjoy the game without knowing what the next person is doing. It's only gonna get worse. The "FGC" is too known now. Everyone knows about EVO, even the scrubs. It sucks.

Is she? I feel like Wagner and Seth are more autopilot "lol my gimmicks just work" than Phonon.

If you're talking about SonicFox, he'll drop the game when he gets bodied, like he always does.

>when
You mean if

No I mean when.

Trying to appeal to a big audience and attracting a big audience is not the same.

My enjoyment of the games would only increase if more people played online and it would have been easier to find good matches.

WHERE IS IT EVO???

Attached: windjammersoct24article-770x470.jpg (770x470, 84K)

well its only like that here I think. Most people in the FGC dont give a shit about popularity besides meleefags. Anyone who likes a fighting game will just pick it up or watch it on youtube or twitch. It helps if there's more people playing a certain game but that wont stop people from playing other games anyway.

They're waiting for the sequel.

Soul Calibur was originally designed as a more systematic game than Tekken and it still is. There are a lot less moves overall, less special properties, and less juggles. But that's a minus for the 3D fighter crowd because everyone's already used to Tekken.

Any of the EX games is at main event? Or Alpha 3? Or vanilla SFIV?

Attached: laura butt.webm (1280x720, 501K)

This. Not sleeping on Sonic's skill, but none of the North American Unist players hold a candle to the Japanese players. Redblade might stand a chance, but if Japan brings in their top tier players, it's GG for the NA players and a Japan only Top 8.

get fucked autismo

>tekken still rising
Tekken will take over onions fighter as the premiere fighting game in 2020

Tekken has always sold better than Street Fighter because it's a casual button masher at low levels.

Its half a game, there's nothing to unlock other than your wallet so you can pay (more) money for CAC parts and unannounced DLC characters.

The last game in the series I bought was SC3. I pirated SC6, I will never buy anything with Denuvo, and it was underwhelming to say the least.

The main menu was boring and uninspired, just a list of options, the single-player was lacking, no in-game shop, little/nothing to unlock. Just ~15 characters and the anemic CAC suite with a fraction of the clothing and armor SC3 had BEFORE unlocking anything.

At this point I don't see the point in ever buying it unless they port it to the Switch for easy local matches.

And unfortunately SFV is a casual coinflip masher at all levels.

>The last game in the series I bought was SC3
You mean the completely broken one that killed the competitive scene?

Nearly everything else you said is wrong as well, but it is hilarious watching you jerk off what is considered the worst game in the series. It is like when someone tries to look cool for liking Tekken 4.

I wouldn't really mind that honestly, Tekken is like the only game that gets better with every iteration

That's too bad, it's always fun being able to root for your hometown (or country in this case).

One nice thing about soulcalibur is that France, japan, Singapore, and probably NA seem to be on pretty even footing. Hopefully there's a very international top 8.

You awake?

>4
>6

I already watched Go1 play after not seriously practicing and aside from the dropped execution of Phonon routes, he's still godly.

For NA, honestly I think redblade, squish and maybe Tari can play against JP

People finally realized how shallow of a game DBFZ is.
That its literally block strings/combos the game everything else is so bad in the game that only viable tactics are block-sting mix-ups and maximizing combos after them.
There is no zoning no whiff punishing no neutral just block-stings that lead in to combos.

Attached: 1529848785644.gif (140x160, 366K)

I spent a fucking week going through all those chronicles. Amnesia is the only fun part. Orie and all of Liecht shit can go suck a dick. Except Mika. The plane crash was cash money.

The future is now, Meleefag. And it is Ultimate.

Eh it sounds like he cares about singleplayer content and nothing else. In that case sc6 doesn't measure up to sc3 (hell, almost no fighter does, sc3 was fucking huge).

SC6 is way better as an actual fighting game though, yeah

Man, they sure fucked up putting BBTag on Sunday instead of UNIST.

The thing that does it is cross franchise character roster of games people already play and a lower skill floor to fully enjoy the game.

all that matters is melee autistic kids got fucked.

Attached: uniel2.jpg (289x361, 51K)

>People finally realized how shallow of a game DBFZ is
Up next, Mortal Kombat 11!

>Tari
If he doesn't choke

Thanks Tekken homie

6 ain't exactly light on content mind you, much better than most fighters these days. You're lucky to get a story mode and arcade never mind two different ones. Plus not sure where he got 15 characters from, like that is basic inability to count.

It's sad that MVC Infinite, a legit fun tag fighter, got killed by it just because the graphics looked like shit and muh X-Men

KojiKog and Dora likes it.

Attached: USA vs Japan In A Nutshell.webm (800x450, 2.91M)

>That's too bad, it's always fun being able to root for your hometown (or country in this case).
That's true. Still, hopefully the matches go down the wire and we get to see a lot of tech that normally doesn't get seen too often here in the states.
Do you have links to Go1 play? I didn't realize he played Unist. His notable claim to fame for me was DBZF.

>Tekken is har-

Attached: tekken gameplayyy.webm (854x480, 2.87M)

reddit spacing

>Tekken is dee-

Attached: tekken sucks.webm (960x540, 2.9M)

RANDOM
ANIME
GAME

Whose the girl with the spread legs?

Its not just the grafics.
It had like 3 acualy good looking stages.
And the musk and presentation was also super shit.

Compare

>Soul
youtube.com/watch?v=_6mDxjG49K8
youtube.com/watch?v=dCiifu6dV2s
youtube.com/watch?v=FljmBUo7Szg
youtube.com/watch?v=zdJwxGJ5GEg

>Soulless
youtube.com/watch?v=F-azsRToDs4
youtube.com/watch?v=aBPkP2U8pTU
youtube.com/watch?v=z0s-zWsXIe4
youtube.com/watch?v=KBcMnW9QEao

Its like the team in charge of game play and programing was the only good part of the development team.

As much as i think DBFZ is shallow it has top notch presentation in its grafics and music. It doesn't have the most memorable stages thou but they are not ugly ether and they do have transitions which is cool.

Attached: 1553686425174.jpg (1280x720, 154K)

Why are western anime fags so autistic? He didn't need to make a big show like that about losing. Get off the stage and stop embarrassing yourself.

actual fighting game

now fuck off and let the real fighting game players talk, go back to ledge grabber 1998.

>he doesn't know about the asian dude in FGC tournaments that do cosplay and stays at the front row since 2010

This reminds me of SF4 Vanilla when Sagat's tiger uppercut was broken

RENT FREE

Attached: tekken_7_3_million.jpg (1920x1394, 590K)

There's a perfectly good excuse. All new smash games are improvements upon brawl now. The franchise took a completely different direction and left melee fans behind. New smash games will never give me the same feel as melee, and if my first smash game was ultimate I probably never would have started going to tournaments, because what interested me in the first place was learning just HOW MUCH MORE you can do with melee than I previously knew was possible. There isn't going to be a proverbial opening of pandoras box for ultimate the same way I experienced for melee.

Also 20 years isn't even long enough to have a career. If esports and fgc type shit is really supposed to be respected, games are going to have to last long enough to support careers, not this streamer flavor of the month type shit. The gaming industry just wants you to keep paying $60 for rehashed bullshit over and over while they reinvent the wheel repeatedly.

I would gladly get my ass trashed in MvC3 because it's an enjoyable fighting game. DBFZ is unironically unfun trash with 0 neutral and infinite blockstrings.

the way the pr team handled the fallout from that game was pretty bad, man. i'm not surprised people accentuated the negatives of the game. didn't help that disney/marvel didn't seem to give a shit about addressing any of the issues and letting it out to die.

And because it recycled assets despite having less characters and managing to look worse. And because the marketing campaign was atrocious. And cause SFV had already made so many loose faith in Capcom. And because of that awful esports pitch video. And because of a really bad demo. And all the themes being replaced with shit. And because the story mode was awful. And the DLC characters coming out a few weeks after launch.

Grow a backbone and don't support such shitty products.

>muh competitive
Fuck off, SC3 had the most content and makes SC6 look like a fucking dumpster fire. Clearly I'm not the only on who as underwhelmed by it, as it seems to have sold like shit and few people are playing it. Predatory DLC, CAC parts cost real money while there's a fraction of what SC3 had to boot, a FINISHED CHARACTER on day one locked behind buying the season pass, Denuvo, get fucked, Bamco.

>Eh it sounds like he cares about singleplayer content and nothing else.
lolno. Local matches with friends. SC3 was easily the best for casual play with friends. Why do you both assume its either full-autismo competitive or no multiplayer at all?

Compared to SC3 its anemic.

He lost the last tourney he was at though

The game hasn't had infinite blockstrings for months now, and there's plenty of neutral. I think you're just bad.

GO1 is a Melty Blood god of course he plays Uni

that was a joke

youtube.com/watch?v=yjNpsn7Z6hE

Melee fans aren't Smash fans, they're fans of that one, single game.

Tekken exists.

Yeah it's honestly a pretty well rounded package over all. I enjoyed the SP stuff despite it being low budget.

>as it seems to have sold like shit

Attached: bam.png (590x643, 376K)

And the game is still more fun than any other fighter out right now?

>Entry bar is lower for casual game
STOP THE PRESSES!

If Bamco isn't telling everyone how well it sold, it didn't sold well enough, they didn't even showed the numbers like attention whores

only joke is melee :)

no really, move the fuck on kids, cant play third strike only forever.

They should have ended SF releases at USF4 tbqh

>it didn't sold well enough
>launch considered successful
>increases full-year prediction
clearly it bombed, so they figured it will sell even better than they initially thought?

It's weird how people who, not only don't know shit about fighting games always comment on them, but you even literally admit you're a low level scrub and you still somehow think you have the credibility to comment about things like neutral or blockstrings, exposing yourself instantly.

It was in the NorCal tourney but it was on the second stream, so right now there is no youtube video. Only twitch vod

twitch.tv/videos/403029170?t=10h43m26s

Show me the numbers then

pro tip: it's below 1m

>Yeah, it did okay, I guess.

It sold worse than 2 and 4 at launch and barely edged out 5. They haven't released any actual sales figures, what does that tell you?

>That's true. Still, hopefully the matches go down the wire and we get to see a lot of tech that normally doesn't get seen too often here in the states.
Yes, I don't think we get to see the top level japs much. Certainly not streaming.

MvC3 is still more enjoyable than DBFZ

>tekken beating SFV
>dbfz that low
>bbtag dead last
absolutely based

>We're not going to stop producing the game immediately after launch
Wow, such a resounding success!

Fuck BlazBlue for stealing GGs spot. This dumb franchise should've died after CT.

Thanks, man.

Man this is some desperation. You actually think they'll increase sales prediction for a game that does badly. This is to investors btw, so you believe they are all lying to them as well.
twinfinite.net/2019/02/soulcalibur-6-successful-launch/

Sorry I triggered you by bringing up how much of a broken mess SC3 is.

Why are you still pretending you have the physical ability to play MVC3 after several people exposed you though?

Every character in Tekken plays the same other than the Mishimias. The entire depth of the game is learning animations blocking instant lows.
>learn what moves are the best pokes and low pokes for finishers
>learn how to backdash while guarding
>learn one or two combos
That's literally it. It's closer to boxing than a traditional 2D fighting game with zoning characters or grapplers (King is not a real grappler) that you have to fight completely differently. That's fine and it has a unique niche in the genre and I can understand how people prefer it to Street Fighter but I don't understand all the shitflinging between SF fans and Tekken fans when they're different beasts

Attached: tekken nina spread legs.jpg (3840x2160, 1.73M)

Of course SC VI is a success, the game has the same fucking graphics as the PS3, saving the resolution, they didn't spent a dime in the game. Poor Okubo, another victim of Harada

Attached: 1554001449337.png (513x226, 198K)

Not him but
>DBFZ
>blockstring blockstring blockstring vanish to be safe - is it my turn .. nope blockstring blockstring etc. oh fuck get hit into an untechable lvl3 and deal with this pressure etcetc
MVC3 at least had the depth of pushblocking and hype of random shit just happening. DBFZ is just flat out bland to watch, and play as well but that's just me.

This isn't about my ability tho. It's about which game is better, and I'm saying it's MvC3.

>I am not able to actually play this game.
>But for me it's the best game ever!
lol? How bad can you be?

The FGC understands that since fighting games are so niche and take autismal levels of learning to play, the only way to have an active playerbase is to get as many autists as you can in one game. That's why they constantly have my game is better than yours arguments because they don't want their favorite game doomed to only being able to find matches by begging on Gamefaqs or discord

Attached: 1537327574909.jpg (600x484, 35K)

Yes, content wise, sc3 shits on sc6 (and 95% of other fighters). If you're just doing singleplayer and playing casually with friends its issues won't bother you much (unless your memory card gets wiped lmao).
But the issues with sc3 weren't things that only manifested at the absolute highest levels of play; the game was fundamentally pretty broken. Harder to notice when you're a kid playing your friends, but if it came out today, it would take people about half an hour playing online to realize
>holy shit this game is broken

I'd also point out that SC6's value proposition is pretty standard compared to most other fighters this gen. It also has better and more flexible character creation than sc3 did.

It’s the characters
Screw up the roster and nobody will care about the mechanics

Ironically BBtag having niche titles but a good number of favourites, almost got away with it’s 50% DLC, which is due to it’s gameplay mechanics that kept the professionals in

>muh competitive
>muh PR buzzwords that don't actually tell us how many copies the game sold
So where are the numbers if it did SOOOOOOOO well?

Your mentality is why games like these don't do well, the general public could not give less of a shit about your competitive scene. If the game is missing content and features fans come to expect from the game, then lots of them will be put off and may not buy it. Oh, look, that's exactly what happened here, and with other recent games like SF5. Launch with almost nothing but online play, wow, such a great idea!

Shit on casuals all you want to make your micro-dick feel bigger, at the end of the day those casuals are the ones buying most of the copies of the game. Take your dying, insular competitive scene and shove it up your dirty, unwashed anus. Maybe if the game had more to it, more people would have bought it and the competitive community wouldn't be on life support.

Let's hear from you then, user. Is DBFZ better than MvC3 and if so why?

You can't even consider his argument to be about competitive stuff, SC VI literally don't have ANY tournament sponsored by Bamco, saving EVO, which they obviously bought the spot

>pro tip: it's below 1m
Globally? That's impossible. It's probably around 2m now based on the data points we got.

This is why Melee autists are always seething at Ultimate. They're tired of the same 8 faggots in every top 8

>If you're just doing singleplayer and playing casually with friends its issues won't bother you much (unless your memory card gets wiped lmao).
I mean that's what most people who bought it did, it had no online play IIRC. And yes, my friends and I all passed around my save file since it got wiped repeatedly on multiple memory cards. But that's not really the fault of the game itself, just Bamco being retarded.

But the CAC was the fucking best. I'll say that SC4, 5 and 6 did more with extra bits and allowing you more flexibility in what you can add to the character, like little accessories such as horns, a tail, etc. and being able to resize and position things as you wanted, but the number of actual clothing and armor items was beyond anemic, and again anything beyond what the game has by default is fucking paid DLC. SC3 also allowed you to have a minimum of 5 movesets for any created character, or a good dozen if you picked weapon master. With 4, 5 and 6 its just one moveset per character, fucking boring. Its unfortunate the arcade version got fixes the console version never got.

But I don't care about either game though. I was commenting about how you admit you don't know shit and you also exposed yourself as having zero ability to play or understand fighting games, and yet you're still dropping your hot opinions like your opinion matters whatsoever. If you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, you should be humble about it instead of pretending to be some authority on the subject.

>And yes, my friends and I all passed around my save file since it got wiped repeatedly on multiple memory cards. But that's not really the fault of the game itself, just Bamco being retarded.
The game bugging out and deleting saves isn't the fault of the game?

actually, ultimate goes largely just ignored by the melee community. There's general respect for the game since it isn't half bad, but it's not the game we prefer. There isn't as much blatant hate like there was for brawl or sm4sh. At this point ultimate stands on its own without the "smash" title and we've learned we can survive despite the community divide (or lack of one, don't see what makes the ultimate community even remotely related to melee at this point)

uh I don't think Gamefaqs is used that much anymore. At least not for fighitng games

Begging on Yea Forums then?

>So where are the numbers if it did SOOOOOOOO well?
Not that guy, but sc3 never had any publicized sales numbers to my knowledge. And SC6 had a better launch than it in NA.

Smash is boring to watch but whatever
Gratz to tekken
lol SFV slipping to 3rd
Sad to see dbz dying so quickly

>one whole year for four characters

do they have 1 guy working on everything what the fuck?

>could not give less of a shit about your competitive scene
How come Yea Forums always gets like this about fighters? Any other genre the gameplay matters so much, but for a fighter it is stupid to care about getting good and actually explore the system. Could it be that a multiplayer game exposes your balls

Plus what you are saying isn't true at all. Tekken 7 launched with considerably less content and has sold incredibly well. SC just isn't a big brand any more, the past games managed to kill it off. You know like SC3, cause it was actually broken. Comparing SC6 too SFV is laughable. One launched with multiple story modes while the other lacked even arcade. I'm pretty sure you didn't even play it, you seem to not know basic shit about the game but are just generally angry.

>but the number of actual clothing and armor items was beyond anemic
It's been a while, but wasn't the number of armor pieces inflated because they had lots of variations of the same item, since there were no patterns?

People knew DBFZ was simple day zero. Only ArcSoys defend baby mash games.
MK11 has solid nuetral with the only real problems being the combo breaker. If NRS changes CB then the game will be the best MK without any question

How the hell is Tekken 7 still growing even though it's like 4 years old already?

SFV didn't get shit since more than 4 months. you are a retard if you still expect any sort of announcements besides new costumes.

Tekken should go last. I want to go to sleep early.

>MK11 has solid nuetral
BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Aris, stream culture and "muh hype slow mo" that makes it good to watch

I don't remember SC3 having many clothing items like that, IIRC almost every piece was unique.

There were no patterns but you could still change the color pallet on everything.

>Sad to see dbz dying so quickly
Why? It's a shit game.

>MK11 solid neutral
another random drive by idiot that doesnt know shit about fighting games lmao

>MK has solid neutral
>a game where characters literally teleport from the very end of the screen to the other
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>Unist at 5th
Damn it's so good that people are gravitating to it now on the mainstage? I enjoyed EVO 2018 top 4, been thinking of trying it
>rush it out for EVO period at reduced price for DLC
>do nothing since evo
Never got this

Attached: 1551801415428.png (191x258, 84K)

t. Anime baby

>replying to the NRSfag

Teleports aren't a problem, it's startup and recovery. Scorpions teleport is reachable like Dhalsim or Bison now

>Sad to see dbz dying so quickly
Bamco/ArcSys kind of did it to themselves. They had all the momentum, but it felt like they were ignoring the biggest issues people had and still have with the game.

>2018
>DBFZ is getting a lot of goku clones the lack of variaty will kill this game
>hurr durr it's fine
>hurr durr they're not actual goku clones
>hurr durr were's kid goku
>hurr durr videl

>2019
>w-why is it dead?

Its the fault of the developers, point being it doesn't have any bearing on the game's systems or mechanics or anything like that, its an unfortunate bug the developers sadly did not have the foresight to fix.
SC3 only released on PS2 though, SC2 was PS2/XB/GC, SC4/5 were PS3/360 and SC6 is PS4/Xbone/PC. SC2 and 4 both sold better at launch than 6, with 5 being slightly beind 6.

>some of the stuff from 5 was DLC for 6's CAS
Just can't defend it.

DBFZ didn't die because muh Goku, it was basically because it's "blockstring: THE GAME", the game literally has the worst neutral ever "created" for a fighting game. It's not fun to watch and play at all

Casual players also don't like paying $120+ for the full game, I'm sure that put a lot f potential buyers off.

I'd have bought it, but half the fucking roster is paid DLC. I'm not going to play at a competitive level, I have zero reason to buy this before its heavily discounted with everything included.

Long combos and long block strings are sort of the same thing. The point either way is, 1 player spends like 10 seconds not doing anything .

>Tekken is kept alive by zoomer meme streamers
Sad

Attached: zoomers.png (628x741, 188K)

>the year is 2050

>melee player's autistic grandkids are still whining about melee not at EVO

grow up, faggots.

I haven't played 11 and I barely played 10 but is the game better than 9?

>release arcade edition AFTER console version
>never make a rerelease for 3 with the balancing from the AE.
>next entry doesn't come out until 08 for next gen release
Never got this.

Harada basically owns Tekken 7 success alone to Aris and that SFV was a failure at launch, not even joking

Its a fucking shame because they rally did improve other aspects of the CAC, like being able to add little bits like spikes, horns or wings, and the ability to resize and place them almost anywhere on the character. Allows you to get pretty creative and make some funny stuff. But then you have next to nothing to choose from in terms of actual armor and clothing, and you're stuck with one moveset for the character instead of 5-12.

WALD

I know. It's what they're telling themselves now. Back in the MKX days it was, "MK doesn't need to be like Street Fighter! Fuck you!" Now look at them. And it *still* doesn't even have genuine neutral.

Did the two new patches fix anything? Only got S1 characters and Videl/Jiren.
Probably will skip GT goku, Broly and Vegeto + missing guy until they may drop in price

Tekken 7 sold on day 1 more than SFV sold in its entire year. Tekken is a solid product and it was also released for $49.99 on Steam at launch. SFV was a giant scam and everyone knew it.

It'd still have more time than MvCI so I'm content with knowing Marvel died for UNIST's brief fame

The only correct answer

>SFV was a giant scam and everyone knew it
That's exactly my point, and the fun fact is that Tekken 7 would be exactly like SFV launch, Harada delayed the game after he saw the trainwreck

>Memelee fucks having grandkids
Even /r9k/ faggots have more chance than these subhumans

Attached: 1554227813729.png (637x510, 586K)

We doin it

Attached: 1552959790220.png (602x850, 833K)

Aris is such a bitch. Funny, but just a pleb. Knows nothing about fighters except Tekken and doesn't even do anything of note in that. It's what happens when you talk more than you play.

Did you miss the latest patch or what? Does anyone here play videogames?

>the only reason melee isn't there at this evo is because of backroom deals

People actually think this when UNIST and SamSho are main games

it is kept alive because it is has great gameplay

I hope so. Their entire community is cancer. And they shit in pools (literally).

The FGC was a lot better when everyone was forced behind a flagship (USF4) and shut the fuck up and let that game do the heavy. This was mostly possible because marvel had peaked and become a shitshow and tekken players were forced to shut up since their games were mostly trash (T6 and TTT2)
After SFV being a dumpster fire and T7 being really good the tekken players are out like hyenas to cause as much ruckus and bad blood as possible. As a result every single game has stagnated

Base forms were a mistake, never got the bitching about Bardock or Vegeto as DLC, but now those who even got Base goku get screwed over due to GT goku doing his shit better such as spirit bomb

Toei trying to fuck with tournaments + its a fucking ANIME TAG FIGHTER with all the degeneracy that entails. Im honestly shocked the game didnt have a dozen 1-2 bar ToDs discovered on day 1.

He actually knows about previous Tekken though, and was a good player making into some finals until 6. The problem is that his fans take everything he says as some good argument

youtube.com/watch?v=Ep-2tk5zmss

>No DoA6
What went wrong bros? Why they pick samsho, an unreleased game over DoA6, thats already available?

I do love the random ass stories casuals come up with. Yeah no one ever shitted or argued about games under SF4. Dam those evil Tekken players

Feels good.

Attached: ss1.jpg (1253x703, 326K)

Turns out communication with the community and having constant, consistent updates helps a game thrive. Not to mention Tekken 7 had an actual arcade release to rough out the edges years before they released it on console.

SNK paid more and KT/Team Ninja clearly pissed McRibs with EVO Japan. The guy clearly hold a grudge, since up until this day, he still hates Capcom for MVCI/SFV stuff that they did to him

The latest patch didn't fix the netcode, the long ass matches, or super dash. The patch is pretty good, but you're fooling yourself if you think it fixed everything.

is this some kind of fighter from your irrelevant weeb game that won't be back next year?

gonna be at least 6 years til that happens

>SNK
>having money to pay for slots

Choose one

imagine youve built up this idea that youre godlike because you trash all 5 of the people at your locals, and your identity revolves around being good at something, and then some nip that doesnt play your game enters a side tournament and just trashes you like you never even touched the game before

>SC3 only released on PS2 though
And that's a big reason why they were able to give it so much content, along with building on a same-gen previous version and skimping on QA/ balance. Just so we're considering all the factors in play here.

>with 5 being slightly beind 6
Do you have a source on 5 only being slightly behind? I never heard mention of how close or far sc6 was in comparison.

SNK was able to pay more than KT, while Bamco was willing to pay for 3 games when they will barely fund their biggest?

DoA6 is a joke of a game competitively

this
kof15 ought to be really good if this progress continues

>he fell for the SNK is poor meme
>company literally owned by Chinese suitmen
>makes millions from gatcha every year

shoryuken.com/2017/11/14/snks-latest-financial-report-shows-huge-profits-33-increase-in-sales-from-previous-fiscal-year/

Of course they did but USF4 was the most popular game and everyone just had to accept that. Plus a lot of players of other games tuned in to SF4 top 8s and 32s
Im not saying tekken players are evil just that now that they've got a solid game and SFV sucks, they've stopped watching SF.
One of the greatest things about the SF4 era was the great chatrooms at every major but nowadays every single chatroom is a goddamn cesspool of bait, trolling and spite.

To an extent, yeah.

SNK is owned by a Chinese company by the way

>Its the fault of the developers, point being it doesn't have any bearing on the game's systems or mechanics
Nigga your save deletes itself. That is something you have to deal with while playing. That is very much an issue with the game.

Not him but I can see some bullshit with SFox getting reset by swapping sides. Other than that his worst crime is being an annoying as fuck furry

Nips scare me when it comes to fighting games

someone link me the best mvc3 sets

> Unist 5th above dbfz and Soul Calibur
> samsho not in dead last despite not even being out yet
Best Timeline

Attached: 1551829290184.png (850x932, 28K)

Markman

twitter.com/MarkMan23

>He actually knows about previous Tekken though,
Who cares. What's he doing in Tekken 7? No one cares who won what in Tekken 6 (he didn't even win in that as you say). He's this guru with tons of followers supposedly there for the knowledge. But what's he doing in Tekken now? All the talking heads in the fgc are like this.

Does DoA6 have any tournament since it was released?

>Does anyone here play videogames?
This is Yea Forums, you should already know the answer when it comes to fighting games

I think the PC release might have helped a bit too.

>Does DoA6 have any tournament since it was released?

The game will have more support than SC VI

teamninja-studio.com/doa6/us/wc.html

Less money than Tecmo.

Glad the game got their own little community to support the game

i'll take ultimate every year for the rest of time if it means no more smelee

Smash isn't FGC you dumb faggot maybe that's why. Noone in the FGC gives a shit about these numbers

advert money, do you learn nothing from the super bowl?

Give me your definition of a fighting game.

No bully soulcalibur ;_;

>Knows nothing about fighters except Tekken
I thought Aris was a Soul Calibur fanboy

You're right. That's why there're all over every FGC hub.

SFV inadvertently saved the fgc. It was so trash, it exposed all the capcom fags and gave other games room to breathe.

He only likes 2

FGCfags live their entire lives positively teeming with rage about smash. It's quite funny.

he was like an SC 2 world champion

And what's he won in Soul Calibur VI?

I'm not against soul calibur, I'm just amazed that this indie fighter is able to put up more numbers than two titanic IP's

He doesn't like 6 as I understand it

Good feels, boys. Flash of the blade.

Attached: ss3.jpg (1245x701, 234K)