RIP xbox360 gamepad, I need a new controller for PC

What should I go for? DS4, XB1 or Switch controllers? What about those cool 8bitdo SNES ones? I've heard both good and bad things for all of them and I honestly can't choose one.
I mainly use a gamepad for 3rd person action games like Souls series, Monster Hunter, DmC5 and even some laid back sp shooters but had recently gotten into fighting games little by little. Halp.

Attached: T4TG4.jpg (4000x3000, 809K)

XB1S controller

get an Xbox one pad

Honestly, get another 360 pad or 5, they're cheap, hardy and support is great.

Honestly, I think the Xb1 controller, Switch Pro Controller and DS4 are all the best controllers ever made, I'd recommend the Xbox or Switch controller if you don't like the DS4 stick placement (I don't mind it though). Out of those 2, Xbox has a better D-pad and triggers, but Switch has better battery life.

Logitech F310.
Cheap, durable, has Xinput / DirectInput switch, and just werks.

Xbox gamepads are pieces of shit and cost a fortune.

Attached: logitech F310 gamepad.jpg (1920x1572, 407K)

Didn't know Logitech has viral marketers here.

fuck off, Microshill.

I'm definitely used to the XB1/Switch Pro layout at this point, but how bad is the Switch Pro D-Pad compared to the XB1?
I was considering the Switch Pro only because I might buy a Switch down the line when the new models come out.

even 360 pad is better than this

t. dualshock 3 user

>Xbox gamepads are pieces of shit and cost a fortune.
No they fucking don't.
I picked up a 360 with ten controllers and half a dozen games today for a 100 bucks.
I'll be selling everything minus 8 controllers tomorrow for 100 bucks.
8 controllers literally cost me nothing and will literally last me 20 years at the rate i've been going through them.

Xbone S controller. Least amount of effort to get it working with both old and new games, the other two controllers are nice but need drivers/software/Steam to work with older stuff. The S version of the controllers added Bluetooth support, if that's your thing. If you really have money to burn, there's that Elite version that has the exchangeable sticks/d-pad.
>retro controllers
They're nice if you have money to burn, but not for general use, since you'll have to swap it out when playing anything that uses a stick.

Sorry, I responded to you at

Try getting an 360 used controller, then get a xbone I guess, althought I don't even know if they have wired.

i have a ds4 and 360 controller. the cord on the 360 is tearing up so it probably doesnt have long but i like it slightly more than the ds4. xbone is supposed to be better

I was considering the "Pro" version of those retro controllers, like the SN30 Pro.
I was also siding more with the Switch Pro because of the internal battery and the possibility of owning a Switch later but I didn't know it was such a hassle.

I'm definitely used to the XB1/Switch Pro layout at this point, but how bad is the Switch Pro D-Pad compared to the XB1?
I was considering the Switch Pro because of the similar layout, internal battery and that I might buy a Switch down the line when the new models come out.

I'm also looking for a controller, mainly use them for brawlers and beat-em ups, I'm using an unlicensed ps2 controller and an adapter but the d-pad really digs into my thumb and gets it sore. anything good for those types of games?

Even with the pro versions of those retro controllers, the shape of those controllers really show their age after long periods of play.

Oh, yeah, battery life is probably the Switch Pro's best thing going for it. The D-pad is pretty responsive, not as clicky as Xbone's nor as easy to mispress as the PS4's.
But, if you're playing stuff, you're going to have to run it through Steam, be it official or emulation (Dolphin) to make sure inputs are read correctly. The only issue I could see this being a problem is if you run something through Origin/EGS/Uplay exclusive, and there's bound to be a workaround for that. Apart from that, though, it's roughly the same experience, so go for that if the battery is your main appeal.

I see, I don't play extensively every day but it's important to know they're not as comfortable.
Regarding the Switch Pro, almost 100% of my library is on Steam (and I won't bother with Epic) and the rest are shooters that I play with KB/M, so it sounds like a great option.
Not to beat a dead horse, but I've heard some awful stuff about the Switch Pro D-Pad, maybe it isn't that bad?

Switch pro would be the best choice
IF
It didn't have digital triggers.

Go for the xbone, 360 if youre poor

Excluding racing games, what games require analog triggers?

Smash
Super Mario Sunshine
Any game with any sort of vehicle at all
shit this is hard

Nigga it's a missing feature for a form factor that just doesn't outweigh the cost of the missing feature

The "problem" is that the D-pad on the Switch Pro doesn't have a "gate" in that you can press every single direction at the same time. Bad if you're wanting precision, but if you're not a hambeast, it should be fine.
Also, like said, it has digital triggers, so that might interfere if you're playing something that needs that (certain shooters, racing, Metal Gear Solid series).

On a side note, I haven't mentioned DS4, but I do like the controller. It does have a bit of a finnicky/sensitive trigger (L2/R2) when you set it down, and the touchpad is both good for custom inputs and bad due to being obvious yet unintuitive (I end up pressing the Share button for Select more often than not).

Not him, but the only time the switch pro's lack of analogue triggers affected me was when i wanted to emulate mario sunshine.
I've been using the switch pro on my pc for a while, an official one. I have to run my emulators through steam but it works flawlessly and while I have noticed some minor d-pad weirdness in menus, it hasn't affected me during gameplay. I got 120% or whatever in hollow knight using mostly the d-pad

Xbone is my favorite PC controller right now. I might try hooking my Switch Pro controller to the PC though as I like gyro aiming in Zelda and Splatoon. If it's a shooting game, then I'll use kb/m at my desk but if it's mostly an action/adventure but has some things that need to be aimed like in BOTW, gryo seems like it would be great.

Attached: pcgamepads.jpg (1200x1444, 394K)

After owning and selling a DS4, and using a DS3 for a long ass time along with other controllers, xbone. I bought an xbox one controller and at first I was about to return it because it felt weird, got used to it and I'm now having it much easier with some 2D games, ironically enough (considering the placement of the d-pad and how people say it's shit).

Keep in mind though, if you do use Windows 8.1 or 7, you won't be able to use bluetooth. That can be a deal breaker.

There's one of these faggots in every thread

Fuck right off. I owned a logitech precision for a long time and considered it the best fucking thing for anything 2D. I switched to that absolute piece of shit. Not only did they actually fuck up the d-pad (same shape fucking tricked me into buying it) the buttons feel worse and the analogs are absolute ass. Please get the fuck out of my face with that gamepad. I'd rather pay that "fortune".

xbone + wireless dongle
works amazingly, but you should get some cheap aa batteries

Does the dongle work any better than bluetooth?

get xbox one, i bought ps4 and regret this. While i find ps4 pad better its just to much of hassle to set up ds4 every time i want to play, also ds4 have very fucking hard time working with bluetooth, at least on my machine

Thank you guys. I'll probably end up going for the cheaper SN30 Pro for the looks and compatibility convenience (also the great D-Pad for fighting games).
I'll definitely buy either a Switch Pro revision or the new gen controllers down the line when they're available, I hope all of them step their games up and release even better gamepads.

Wii U Pro

Attached: 1552969442404.gif (600x600, 1.31M)

Do you realize there's xinput to dinput converters?