Games showing off rtx don't even have it on release and no plans for later

>Games showing off rtx don't even have it on release and no plans for later

Man people paid for this meme

Attached: iez4NMdhNoQKuJSz9KQJD9.jpg (2560x1440, 367K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com/nvidia-enables-dxr-raytracing-support-non-rtx-geforce-pascal-turing-gpus/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Don't feel too bad. The people that bought the shiniest new card were only after the newest card. That pricetag means someone could SLI multiple reasonably priced graphics cards. Which is a meme in itself.

>nVidia release overpriced RTX cards
>look we can do raytracing with RTX!
>nobody buys their shitty cards
>forced release non-RTX card
>wow now all our cards kan do raytracing!
Fuck nVidia!

Wait what's this last bit? All cards?

hey man, I just needed a new GPU to upgrade from the 590 and the 2070 seemed alright

>Man, people died for this meme
I guess it happens every once and awhile. I remember when Nvidia was all about that 3D noise.

This, it was the same price as a 1080 turbo in Europe

Isnt the 2060 an actual good card?

Are SLI/Crossfire even still a thing? Last I checked, setting two cards gave only a slight performance increase over just buying the next card. Shit made sense back in the Geforce 6800GT days, because it literally gave you near double the power. But now it seems like old tech that never got with the times.

>TFW bought i9-9900K and RTX 2060
>can't play new games on 4K
FUUUUuuUUUUUUuuUuuck

yeah, people who bought RTX-cards got fucking bamboozled
wccftech.com/nvidia-enables-dxr-raytracing-support-non-rtx-geforce-pascal-turing-gpus/

you can get like 30% of the performance of the second card
it's worth it if you're rich enough

Eh, not all cards
And their performance get hits harder, I think
But making graphics arbitrarily proprietary to their hardware isn't new to them

Attached: 2019-03-18_23-28-23.png (1918x1070, 605K)

it would be for 50 bucks less, no rtx shit and 2 gb more ram

nobody seriously uses 8gb of vram for a 1080p card

The fact alone it was $300+500 more per card should have told you it was a scam.

Generally not worth it
>Spend a butt load of money
>Only to have it pour gouts of hot air into your case
>Most aftermarket cards have prohibitive over-sized coolers
>Case sounds like a vacuum cleaner when you start any Ubisoft game

>Build cards specifically optimized for that shit
>Fuck you Nvidia
What is with this nigger tier education?

>You only can do RTX with our overpriced cards!
>Proved Wrong, run like shit and after only 2 games adopted RTX that were flops
>All cards can do RTX now!

I thought it was 1060 and up?
1050Ti plebs BTFO

Attached: gt1030-02G-P4-6332-KR.png (887x545, 161K)

>Ray tracing on a 1050 Ti
I like the 1050 Ti as much as the next guy, but that's like a kid in Pop-Warner football going up against a professional linebacker

HE'S DOING HIS BEST, GIVE THE POOR GUY A CHANCE

They specifically told people that only RTX cards could do raytracing so shut the fuck up you stupid nigger ape!

literally when? the 1st demo was running on fucking pascals card dumb fuck, people assumed that

RTX is a nice technology but it's not there yet and will not be there any time soon.

This and VR and 4K are all not there yet.
Well, you technically can play in $K but it's far from being even remotely a suitable standard, everyone still uses 1080p and a lot of people started to discover wonders of 144hz gaming that is affordable and useful with full hd. High refresh rate gaming would requires bigger investments in 1440p and basically doesn't even exist in 4k yet. Hell, it's not even possible to maintain 60 fps with 2080Ti in 4k with high graphical settings.

VR looks lame as fuck now, not only it's very possible to feel motion sickness while using it, but the products supporting VR are very poorly made and basically non-existent same as RTX-supporting products.

We are kinda stagnating thanks to consoles and the inability to introduce new technologies with its shitty hardware, consoles must be cheap and affordable and you can't really put anything fancy inside them. PS4 / PS4 pro are really shitty compared to even mid tier PCs.
However it's obvious that consoles sell a lot better.

Attached: 1398858581340.gif (242x227, 1024K)

4k however is not a meme tho, 4k at good fps in triple A gaems outside of shooters tho? yeah.

you only need a high refresh rate if you're le epic e-gamer

It was over when they decided that showing the original quake ray traced was a big selling point for this, cool I guess but you're shooting yourself in the foot when you basically reveal that it's only properly good for ancient 3D games

I dont care.
NVIDIA WHEN ARE THE REAL GRAPHIC BEASTS COMING?WE HAVE BEEN WAITING SINCE THE GTX 1000 GEN ,RTX WAS SHIT
4K 144FPS NOW

nonono Former Sli user here
ITS A FUCKING MEME
They have dropped sli support in most games and when it has support the performance increase isnt that good, also the framerate is way less constatnt and the game doesnt feel that fluid,never buying 2 cards again.

Attached: yXidnwo.jpg (5504x3096, 3.56M)

Nah, 4k has enough of a performance hit to where some games, performance might be acceptable, and in others, you're chugging along at 30fps

Maybe if you had a top of the line card, but nVidia and miners made that relevant by kyrocketing card prices.

2K is the happy medium, 1080p is budget.

might as well ask here, is i5 4690k still okay for 60fps gayming? thinking of pairing it with a 1660ti or something

>Hell, it's not even possible to maintain 60 fps with 2080Ti in 4k with high graphical settings.
uh what are you talking about

Attached: RESIDENT EVIL 2 3_11_2019 11_29_24 AM.jpg (3840x2160, 1.76M)

Ray tracing won't be widely used in games till consoles can do it

Btw the sli bridge isnt the photo because it was taken before putting it

yeah, but you don't need any special hardware to use or implement 4k, unlike VR and RTX/physicx

>buy a new card
>but still have a 4xxx series CPU
buy the card and wait for rizen

I don't have a GPU atm

at what resolution you play and how many hz does your monitor have?
1080p 144hz? get the 1070ti or 1660ti
1080p 60hz? rx 580/70