DMC

Can we finally agree that hyper-realistic graphics weren't a mistake?

Attached: D3HllN8UcAANII4.jpg (750x978, 157K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/devilmaycry5/mods/109
youtube.com/watch?v=JnG79mJo0zs
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/452709778/#452719781
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/452722254/
youtube.com/watch?v=a-dq2FQgiPI
youtube.com/watch?v=-qBK7P_nweo
youtube.com/watch?v=UO9dEyJV8Jk
youtube.com
youtube.com/watch?v=comV8W-N5Z4
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm34799948
youtube.com/watch?v=21uXbisY28U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

FUCK YOU

The graphics are awesome

Attached: 1542512664894.jpg (1920x1080, 564K)

I wish we would see more intelligent demons in the games. The demon world has arcane weaponsmiths and (presumably) architects to create structures like the Temen-Ni-Gru, I think it also has literature too IIRC? I wanna see more of demon culture, what do they do when they're not fighting devil hunters?

only trish is trash

hopefully

They look like brothers more than father and son

no

Pretty sure the Temen-Ni-Gru was created by humans who were evilfags like Arkham

they weren't but it's not the first thing I look for in a action game and I hope DMC6 doesn't prioritize it; I'd rather low poly PS2 models if it meant more work going into SSStylish gameplay

consuming condensed human blood does wonders for wrinkles

What form of lewd is this? Is it normal to be Yamatosexual?

Attached: D2hH1p_WkAAqaQV.jpg (1200x675, 167K)

Dmc5 looks cartoony at best. There are better games out there that look far more real than it.

Well, of course. You have to be blind or a pure contrarian to consider it not well made and not in line with what was already made since DMC had always try to attain realistic graphism.

>Donte skin

Attached: 1552356927001.png (370x420, 228K)

the way he flicks it out of the hilt ever so slightly before a battle gets me rock hard

>May 2019 issue
>Left Alive
wew

Is 11 the only mission you can get the no nidhogg bonus in?

FROGBROS WHERE YOU AT??🐸

Attached: bael.jpg (409x359, 16K)

They're going to have to include more complex enemies anyway, 5 has really good enemy design but they just can't keep up with all the tools the player has in the end.

DMC5 is great but I'n very disappointed at the utter lack of content in the game

>No costumes, no alt colors, no jacketless costumes
>No Must Style Mode
>No turbo mode
>No Boss Rush

I don't think Dante, Vergil and Nero's hair looks good.

As a switch owner i will say yes. You don’t need those kind of graphics for a nice game

nexusmods.com/devilmaycry5/mods/109
...right then

Attached: file.png (1360x768, 1.47M)

>hyper-realistic graphics
Not a mistake

>hyper-realistic characters
Definitely a mistake.

It's oddly satisfying to watch, no joke.

Attached: 1552414984660.webm (754x1464, 2.9M)

wait for the Special Edition (with playable Vergil) (coming 2028)

So was all the datamined shit just dummied out content after all?

Was co-op really just testing grounds for Dragon's Dogma 2?

RE2, KH3, Sekiro, Ace Combat 7.

What other 2019 games that BTFO DMC5 am I missing?

Attached: Key_Cute.png (327x364, 134K)

/thread

lets just say there is a reason why they're bitching and moaning about specific advanced techniques instead of trying to figure out new ones themselves

Turbo isn't going to happen with this console generation, no boss rush and must style mode is a crime though.

I only wish there were more architecture-heavy locations. Like in 1 and 3, or even 4. I miss the old aesthetics a lot, but I understand why they wanted to go for more "modern" style in 5.

Attached: D3FsFTJXcA8qzLZ.jpg (3656x1009, 728K)

>KH3
hahaha nigga you serious?

Does this reason have a name?

Attached: 1545580638683.jpg (1080x1106, 357K)

isn't there already a mod up for turbo mode

>No Must Style Mode
Literally who?

There are certain things about BP that suggest there's still the framework of an online system for it, first and foremost being that you can't use DLC weapons in it regardless of it being a singleplayer mode. I'm surprised they didn't add co-op for it this time around since they had a month of """bugfixing""" that apparently did nothing but properly add it to the menu, but I'd eat my hat if we never got it.

>western combo autists are crying on twitter because 5 doesn't have some of the tech that was only found years after 4's release
>meanwhile nip combofags are sharing tech, trying out new things and having fun
Why is there such a dichotomy between the two?

Attached: 1545755090479.jpg (540x960, 73K)

>hyper-realistic characters
>Definitely a mistake.

I must say, I dont' agree with that at all but it's your opinion and I respect it

Millz and ChaserTech are a couple of basic retards. Aside from reversals, every other complaint of their is "WHY ISN'T THIS LIKE DMC4?"

Apologize.

Attached: 1553397228094.jpg (1280x767, 191K)

Nice pic ! Saved.

>proving his point

Very unstable and taxing though.

Turbo definitely can happen. Only the Xbox One version shouldn't be able to handle it

Because japs don't whine, they make things they want real.

yeah its called they don't actually have any creative thought themselves and always relied on japs to tell them how to play their games while using the difficulty as a gatekeeping device to prop up their egos

They are hot.

>downgrades from their previous counterparts
>good

I think it helped appeal to a bigger crowd, but I preferred the older artstyle.

One of the few cool new features in DmC. Considering just about every other worthwhile thing from DmC returned in DMC5, Must Style missing is a bit odd.

I didn't say it was good, I said it's better than DMC5.

Attached: KH3 do nothing to win.webm (960x540, 2.98M)

uh no ?

Are you seriously trying to say that 4Dante > 5Dante?

whats the best way to kill 5 enemies in 1 second?

Attached: 1553981892458.png (625x626, 74K)

Fuck off already, barry

SDT.

lel, no. As much as I like their design in 3 for example, they are not better than 5.

red orb meteor the floors on BP with a shitton of empusas

>Is it normal to be Yamatosexual?
I'd say there's something wrong with you if you aren't.

>"WHERE MY INERTIA AND REVERSAL"
>"FUCK ITSUNO GAME IS LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE"
>"I'M QUITTING I'LL GO BACK TO DMC 4"
>meanwhile in Japan...

Attached: sakaki.webm (1280x720, 2.91M)

>Itsuno admitted in a recent interview he didn't have enough money to complete his full vision
>Concept art has absolutely no weight on the ingame model since it's just bullshit casting
>Concept art lost all of its sex appeal again because of the casting, Lady being the exception and Trish the fucking worst. I'm not a fag so I'm not jerking off Dante, Nero, Vergil and V models
>Realistic graphics clashing hard with the animu fantasy aesthetics
>Keeping up with the graphic fidelity is probably half the reason why the game felt rush by the end

Game looks pretty fucking good and it's probably one of the best examples of realistic graphics but choosing this style over the stylized aesthetics of the series will ALWAYS be a mistake.

Trish's model is the greatest fucking tragedy of this generation.

Hot

Yet you replied to him.

Red Hot Night.

why does it look like shite though?

kek made me chuckle. i wasn't implying kh3 is good though

I feel like I wouldn't mind being stabbed by it.

Attached: D2hWb3ZXgAAZpeE.jpg (1200x662, 166K)

>"WHERE MY INERTIA AND REVERSAL"
>"FUCK ITSUNO GAME IS LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE"
>"I'M QUITTING I'LL GO BACK TO DMC 4"
Literally nobody is saying this shit other than like 3 dedicated autists on twitter. Stop giving them attention, that's exactly what they want.

That's a fucking cool combo.

Vergil is one character on whose looks I can't get used on, no matter how hard I try to.
I blame 3's renders for that because in my mind realistic Vergil was one whose cheekbones could cut diamonds, not his jaw and chin that he has now.

This is my last (you), I promise.

no, vergil, trish and lady look like ass

>Itsuno admitted in a recent interview he didn't have enough money to complete his full vision
That sucks but iirc Capcom was not too confident in the game, there were reports that the shops ran out of copies.

Dante dosn't seem to mind it, in fact I think he purposely goes out of his way to get stabbed by it with the amount of times it's been inside of him.

>but choosing this style over the stylized aesthetics of the series will ALWAYS be a mistake

Well I think it depends on the type of game. I like it with DMC but I would probably hate it if they are going full realism with FF.

Meh. Biggest issue I find with nu-Vergil is that he lost his iconic menacing look. It's even worse because both Dante and Nero got one. Even V is capable of pulling it off if he wanted to. Meanwhile, character that should have one, doesn't. He looks kinda too ... "innocent" now.

>mission 13 on HaH as Nero
FUCK RIOTS

>not posting the full vid
SHAME ON YOU
youtube.com/watch?v=JnG79mJo0zs

Attached: rose.webm (1920x1080, 2.81M)

There are a lot of BP floors with like 10 empusas, I'm sure you could get it there with massive nukes like SDT Judgement, Maximum Bet, or V's Royal Fork

Excuse you. Only Trish looks bad.

artstyle>>>>>>>>>realism

why can't Capcom just give DMC a full budget treatment?

While you're absolutely right, I distinctively remember Itsuno in a 4SE interview where he said he's against removing said tech because he loved how the game's meta was elevated by the community.

So it feels cheap that he ended up doing the exact opposite cause of casuals.

He looks less weeb and more serious now, the fuck are you talking about.

Attached: 1553195810631.png (1024x1024, 365K)

He does keep the piercing/menacing eyes though.

nope, vergil looks like he's got a bad case of food allergies the way his face looks, in 3 dante and vergil looked alike and here they look nothing alike

They cannot deal with you in the air at all, use JCs and just aerial them to death one by one

What's with Dante's eyes looking slightly green now, anyway

>Dante: You've been chasing this for an eternity, and it's nothing but useless SHIT!
>Dante 5 seconds later: (wacky bruce lee noises)
good job

>he looks less weeb
>shows 40 year old who beyond looks like neet that never outgrew his weeb phase
Also...
>Wesker (David Bowie)
>bad look
Take an air hike.

>he lost his iconic menacing look
Wut. Find me a person who didn't say "oh shit" when this happened.

Attached: 1552252079119.jpg (1920x1080, 159K)

mission 13 is easy as fuck with nero my man. just jump and snatsh a riot then jump cancel up a bit and do air combos in the meanwhile. literally free dt and style too

[citation needed]

>I blame 3's renders for that because in my mind realistic Vergil was one whose cheekbones could cut diamonds, not his jaw and chin that he has now.

Doesn't help that his concept art has his facial features drawn precisely like that. The character designer was the same as 3's and it shows. Casting fucked consistency to shit.

I didn't care for them that much, it's an ugly game overall.

Even 3 had budget problems, that's why it has so much recycled stuff (even Hell Vanguard laugh is just Scissor laugh from DMC 1 pitch shifted for example). I guess them actively harming DMC4's development and then almost killing the franchise with DmC also didn't help. But 5 looks like a success so far so maybe with 6 we'll get more.

Does anyone know what Itsuno's full vision would have been? Ending obviously felt a bit rushed.

While yes, those are realistic graphics, the game's overall aesthetics and designs are still stylized to a fine degree making DMCV look better and most likely age well.

Well, was he refering to DMC4 or DMC in general? 'cause the way you phrased it seems like he was talking about against removing the tech for 4SE.

This isn't true. Vergil is still capable of those menacing, piercing stares in 5. It just so happens that he lightens up in this game. Dante has scowls and such but to me they're totally unconvincing most of the time. Nero definitely rocks those stares, though.

It's mixed.

Attached: 1C23YY3.jpg (2459x1221, 1.74M)

>He looks less weeb and more serious now
Actually, it's the other way around.
Considering his age... considering that he's a father... considering his AGE AGAIN... him dressing like THAT, trying to pull his old hairstyle while holding katana is opposite of "more serious now."

he looks more sickly and tired than menacing

Attached: yamato.jpg (952x1736, 409K)

>vergil looks like he's got a bad case of food allergies the way his face looks

Literally no ?

And as for the fact that they were identical, Itsuno explained why they are not anymore in yesterday's stream.

Attached: 1553810655117.jpg (1080x1370, 651K)

Hyper-realistic is a mistake, specially if you use face scans.

Still less weeb that longass blue coat and scaled pants, mate.

SAVIOR

Attached: 601150_20190402141005_1.png (1920x1080, 1.19M)

Now you're just shitpsoting.

Attached: 008.jpg (1920x1080, 74K)

Not him but for my part both are good.

No. No. I'm not reading it. Be gone, demon.

>And as for the fact that they were identical, Itsuno explained why they are not anymore in yesterday's stream.
so what did he say lol, can't imagine any explanation being worth fucking up vergils face

>Itsuno explained why they are not anymore in yesterday's stream.
Not him but what did he say? I missed it. Any other info from the stream would be appreciated as well.

delet

Attached: 1528420147452s.jpg (250x250, 8K)

>He looks less weeb
He looks like awkward cosplayer now, tbph.

not everything you disagree with is a shitpost user

wut

Vergil hasn't aged properly, and his sense of fashion is probably fortuna tier since that's where he'll be living

Vergil looks good. Only braindead Vfujos disagree

>i remember the days he got revealed in the final trailer
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/452709778/#452719781
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/452722254/

>He looks like awkward cosplayer now
>now
Lol

how do you punch with the devil bringer?

Attached: 1552782156564.png (730x484, 673K)

>cause of casuals
How does removing inertia and reversal make game easier?

I liked the way it looked.
Also that cover is great.

>HEY DAD, CHECK OUT MY NEW ARM
>HEY DAD, DAD
>CHECK OUT MY NEW ARM
>IT GOES LIKE *KA-SPLOSH* AND ZAPS THEM
>HEY DAD
>DAD?

I'll never get the idea of Vergil supposedly having looked like Bowie. Wesker might have been a design influence for Vergil in 3 for some, but he and Wesker don't actually look alike. Even the comparison of Vergil's 3 render and mid-70s Bowie looks off. The basic facial structure matches but that's where it ends.

It is when the person clearly has an stick up their ass about Vergil that no one in the thread is agreeing with. Why do I get the feeling you'd prefer pic related as Vergil?

Attached: sephiroth final fantasy smirks.png (1280x720, 403K)

>complaining about Vergil looking like a weeb
>when fucker has always been a chuuni dork

Attached: instavergil.png (2018x1466, 759K)

Attached: e.png (424x470, 216K)

>vergil ever letting some thot get away with treating yamato like that

Vergil a cute and so is V!!!

>drops brain on floor

Attached: tumblr_pox14gjKgQ1tid0heo3_1280.jpg (1280x720, 139K)

Tap the DB button while doing a combo.
The only one that looks bad in this game is Trish desu. Which is a shame because I've always loved her looks. But even then she still looks fine in some scenes.

Why would pic-related need to be Vergil?
>1. he existed way before Vergil
>2. he's more popular than him in Nipland and gameing history in general

I always found the first 2 sheathed slashes mega retarded.

>tumblr

Wtf I'm a faggot for Sephiroth now

The time in the demon world changed him (that is actually something that happens with twins IRL as well, life circumstances can change the appearance).

First of all is face is no fucked up so I don't know what you are on about.

But for the explanations, he said that it was rare to meet identical twins (their age at least). And that, considering their life, the things they have gone through and their respective environements (one in the human world and one the demon world) well it was logical for him to take two different models.

The point of the game is juggling with stylish combos tho.

You should know people here can't handle realistic jawlines on either men or women. Everyone has to have pointy anime faces or it's shit.

Would Dante or Vergil win in a 2v1 against Mundus and Sparda?

Funny you say that, considering that new Vergil's face is far more fit for said AC Sephiroth over Vergil.

>it's magic I don't have to explain shit
Pretty flimsy but whatever I like how Vergil looks in 5 and he wasn't a twin in 4 either.

Being in hell for awhile gave him retarded plastic surgery. Wish I was kidding.

He just came up with an excuse on the spot. He just doesn't want Dante and Vergil to look the same, simple as that.

>It's even worse because both Dante and Nero got one. Even V is capable of pulling it off if he wanted to
That's because they all have hunter eyes. And so does Vergil.

Attached: 1554221893872.jpg (400x599, 113K)

Personally, I'm glad that the realism of the RE Engine didn't force any concessions as far as animation quality or the smoothness of gameplay. The trifecta of all these things seemed really important to Itsuno.

Attached: 150354613.jpg (1000x800, 61K)

>It is when the person clearly has an stick up their ass
you're the one getting antsy about someone dissagreeing with you homo and yes sephiroth looks twice as menacing as nu-vergil which is something you can't say for 3/4 vergil

>The point of the game is juggling with stylish combos tho.
Yes but they should still be able to be an actual threat.

Featureless, bug eyed fuck dolls are basically the ideal for weebs here. Literally cannot handle white features in videogames.

lot of people think tentacle-less Urizen was originally a model for Balrog. there is some visual resemblance and Dante usually starts off with existing weapons, not totally new ones

Yeah but he also stated somewhere that they sacrificed the game's playability to fit the realism of the graphics, which you can see in some of the JC timings and movements, which is not "gamey" at all where you have less cancellation over some animations and etc. While I wish they were able to sort it out or something, I think it is still too early with the RE engine for it to do better with "customized" characters from a base scan and tone down the realism enough. It still plays great but I wish they were able to keep in more of the "plays great" aspect of DMC4. But when Itsuno confirmed AGAIN that Capcom shafted him on the budgeting, it really kinda sucks on what improvements and non-SE delayed DLC we could've gotten with the game. Hoping DD2 is the game where Itsuno gets enough budget to pull off his vision, all the tech now is there, the only thing that might be difficult is custom character creation with RE Engine realism, everything else should be conceptualized and put into the game easily.

>DMC3 Vergil > Sephiroth >>>> fanfiction version we got in 5
>inb4 shitposter butthurt posters
No. Not even close. Way Vergil was handled in 5 sucked ass. If I didn't knew Itsuno was his biggest fag, I would think it was the other way around due to how he was treated and handled.

I agree with this list, I also want to add the waste of the online system.
Basically they proved how fun can be playing co-op with 2 missions and then the best place to put it without having to focus the story towards co-op. they waste the chance. One of my most fun is resident evil mercenaries both co-op and singleplayer..

Attached: 1553598909932.png (315x289, 78K)

>And that, considering their life, the things they have gone through and their respective environements (one in the human world and one the demon world) well it was logical for him to take two different models.
first of all source, second of all that's fucking bullshit, facial structure doesn't change like that lmao, i could understand making him scarred or something but this shit just looks like a completely different person and i'ts most likely the result of them being lazy and just face scanning everybody like they did with RE2

I didn't because I was too annoyed they killed off V and Urizen to bring Vergil back. And also his design was way too similar to DMC3. I was hoping for Wergil with a ponytail.

>He just came up with an excuse on the spot. He just doesn't want Dante and Vergil to look the same, simple as that.
i could deal with this if he'd come up with a face as cool / aesthetic as dante

Supposedly Vergil could have stomped Mundus as he was in 3 before repeated fighting against Dante tired him out, killing Arkham and SDT means Dante could probably beat Sparda in his prime. Either stands a decent chance assuming they're in shape

Literally the only good idea in DmC. DMC5 instead took some proper inspiration from the swearing.

I love Itsuno but that explanation seems rather weak. I'd prefer if he said that he made it so that Nero and him don't look all that different (though they still do).

I don't dislike 5Vergil, but it's jarring to me that two twins look completely different.

>Way Vergil was handled in 5 sucked ass

Wtf ?

Just found out about those live action scenes. Were they made to help the animators or did they just do it for fun?

Attached: 12701121348.jpg (436x446, 20K)

>due to how he was treated and handled
Basically you didn't want him redeemed. Tough luck.

>Being in hell for awhile gave him retarded plastic surgery. Wish I was kidding.

Well okay.

what didn't you like about the way Vergil was handled?
to me I don't like how easily forgotten it was that he literally drank the blood of millions of humans

Must style mode would probably break with fury/hell judecca's teleporting away

i agree user fuck these fags

Mundus only thought that Vergil might beat him because he was still breaking through the seal and needed to regain his strength

Royal Fork or Red Hot Night

*looks at Vergil*
*looks at OP*
*looks back at Vergil*
*looks back at OP*
*blinks in confusion*

am I a faggot for thinking Dante shouldn't swear?

youtube.com/watch?v=a-dq2FQgiPI

This are his words not mine. Also they are still twins so I don't really understand the butthurt about it. And it comes from a Vergilfag.

>Urizen starts seething in mission 17
>Instead of attacking he runs away while shooting pew pews and stays in his safety time bubble
Bitch why?

aight user thanks for the link

They found the perfect match between realistic and stylized that i personally believe RE failed at

*teleports behind you and judgment cuts you into a million pieces*
psshhh... nothin personnel... deadweight...

Based and redpilled. Vergil is not Vegeta.

Am I the only one triggered by the devil sword dante having its guard running back towards the handle? It looks so fucking ugly and would have been perfect if it just had pointed towards the blade.

Yes, I saw that proposed too. Would make sense since the only other reason for his melee combos would be a Beowulf reference.

Speaking of the Urizen 2 and 3 fights, they also seemed a reference to Arkham and Mundus - 2 was largely immobile and had the tentacles, 3 had the whole bullet hell thing going on that was also present with Mundus 1 and 2. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

>he also stated somewhere that they sacrificed the game's playability to fit the realism of the graphics
Wrong, it was an interview shortly after the E3 trailer and he said they had to add many in-between animations and improve the general feel of the game because otherwise it'd clash with the graphics.

He did come up with a face as cool/aesthetic as Dante though.

They are the equalvalent of rough drafts for an essay at school. The order is

>come up with action scene ideas
>live action cutscenes to see if they can work
>practice with the real actors
>mocap

Between RE7, RE2R and DMC5 i'd say we're past the uncanny valley, or just that the DMC team knew very well on how to build a game with an engine like this already

Attached: DevilMayCry5 2019-03-13 22-18-20-04.jpg (3840x2160, 1.65M)

The whole blade is ugly

>UNCLE DANTE WOULD THINK IT'S COOL
>UNCLE DANTE LIKES EVERYTHING I DO
>UNCLE DANTE IS COOL AND LIKES PIZZA, UNLIKE YOU
>I wish mom was here

>BP missing bosses for no reason
They literally all fit.

10 - Qliphoth Roots
20 - Goliath
30 - Artemis
40 - Nidhogg
50 - Elder Geryon Knight
60 - Cavaliere Angelo
70 - Malphas
80 - King Cerberus
90 - Nightmare
98 - Urizen
99 - Urizen 2
100 - Urizen 3
101 - Vergil

>becomes Vegeta tier minus anything cool that was about Vegeta (back in the past)
>rips his son's arm
>splits himself in two because muh Kakarot-- I mean Dante
>plays himself, gets stuck in twink weak body that is dying while his demonic half, that he loved so much, goes on rampage
>forced to rob people so he can hire Dante, to fix his fucking mess
>even has nerve to visit Nero so he too can fix his mess by pulling "Hey, kid! Wanna kill some demons?"
>his demonic half eats fruit that is meant to make him Mundus tier
>jobs instantly after
>he merges and fucks off to seeth about Dante having "better life" than him
>jobs to fucking Nero despite his ebin fruit power up
>game in general goes out of its way to make fun of him for being so pathetic, over and over and OVER again
5 looks like something I would expect of Vergil's hater to write, not the other way around.

Source?

>new Vergil's face is far more fit for said AC Sephiroth
No way. Sephiroth looks like a girl with muscles.

Pretty much this. Vergil not looking like Dante or not looking like some KPOP fuckboy is on the bottom of my list of concerns with DMC5.

Had fun playing it but these and the level design were my main nitpicks.

nah man no cussing means clever writing for insults and more goofyness

I'm mostly indifferent about it as long as Dante isn't dropping f-bombs the whole time. He's been swearing since DMC3 with damn, hell, and ass, and the only upgrade he got in this one is shit. I actually like the shit in the Urizen fight and would have liked it a lot better if that was the only time Dante said shit because of how personal the fight was.

no-one wants to fight Nidhogg, one of the worst bosses in all of DMC history

It's like a live action storyboard to see if everything will look in the final version, since filming the real deal is expensive and drawn storyboards don't always translate 100% well in motion.

He looks good. You people are nuts.

V's mission as well, 4. And i believe you meant mission 12, not 11.

not in my opinion

Ok but the gameplay is top notch and the best of the series in DMC5. So your opinion is kinda mute.

That's where you're wrong. I never was against him getting redeemed. However, that's what I did wanted. HIM GETTING REDEEMED! Which he for sure didn't. In fact, 5 made him way worse than he was in 3.
I'm only opposed to how retarded it was done. It's not even Sasuke tier of "Yea. Sorry." It was just BAD! This shit can't even be called redemption at all.

That novel shit is pretty much fanfiction when you consider that DMC3 Vergil was bested by Dante, who was well below his start-of-DMC1 self, and Dante still had trouble with Mundus in prime condition before another shonen power boost. It doesn't add up

when virgil was doing all his shit i kept thinking about the guy in the hat who stopped the bus attack or something

this is fair too, so many levels felt barren and generic, i give dmc5 a 7.5 in a sea of 5's but i enjoyed temen ni gru a lot more as a location

>plays himself, gets stuck in twink weak body that is dying while his demonic half, that he loved so much, goes on rampage
Vergil didn't get stuck in V's body. V is one half of Vergil and Urizen is the other. I do agree that Vergil (and well, the latter half of the game) could've been written/handled better but you seem like you're reaching a bit too hard.

what I mean is, I can see this game being praised for its graphics, Capcom thinking "that's what the fans want most" and focusing on that during DMC6 development, to the detriment of more important stuff
it's just a worry, nothing more

how exactly was he redeemed? Nero told Dante not to kill him and that's it?
what about all them millions of people whose blood he drank to gain power?

When done right of course they aren't. The problem though is that when they started gaining popularity "hyper realistic" used to just mean dull and brown.

Developers are actually adding other colours into the mix now and these games no longer look like dog shit.

I do find it weird that the roots and geryon weren't included. Both could work with all 3 characters easily. Nightmare might be because of how cutting the roots changed the fight slightly and they didn't want to alter the fight to either have no roots cut or all of them cut.

This. Pay attention Capcom and Itsuno. Keep it modest at most.

Capcom's seems hell bent on not spending more money and waiting for next generation consoles before going to make DMC5:SE to cash in on that. Kinda sad we're never going to get a proper modern non-gimped DMC game since Capcom knows they can jew everyone.

>Yet another DMC with a fucked budget, despite being much closer to 3 than 4

Fuck hyper-realistic graphics and the sheer amount of manwork and cash it siphons off arcade ass games like DMC.

In CC and onward from it. For some reason they kept making him girlier and girlier.
In original and even AC, not really. He just has very long hair, but not girly face.

Yeah but I'd still like to know which novel it was from.

Ah I gotchu. Thats valid.

I think Capcom needs to get better a reworking the model faces. Everything else in the game looks quite nice, most of the characters too it's just some that really stand out compared to their previous designs.

V

V got redeemed and through his experience Vergil will be, as soon as we see him in action that is for a nicer cause than getting more power.

Again, it specifically states that Mundus only believed that he'd have trouble with a full powered 3Vergil because he was weakened from breaking out of the seal. Hence why a non weakened Mundus cam almost best 1Dante

No

i would literally prefer a cleanly rendered low poly game like dmc3 if it meant everything else got fleshe out, i would pay 60 bucks for that

>Dragon Ball analogy
Worse than food analogies ngl

What wasn’t fleshed out?

what exactly did V do to get redeemed? and why don't his actions just get invalidated when he re-merges with his evil side?

level design, V's gameplay and BP

>Devil side goes independent and fuses with the tree
>humanity and soul crumbling he takes action against this to atone for his actions after Trish tells him to man up
>fuses back, dosn't want to fight, but is forced to against Dante, agrees because he owes Dante that much
>prepared to die by Dante's hand but saved by his son
>goes back to hell to cut down the tree and save humanity
Sounds like redemption to me lad

>what about all them millions of people whose blood he drank to gain power?
The tree is a naturally occurring event that happens every 1000 years, this is the first time it's been able to spawn in the human world for a while due to Sparda's seals being all but gone now (see prior DMC games for reasons why) so all that death? was going to happen anyway Urizen simply took advantage of that to gain power due to it being nothing more than the physical manifestation of Vergil's lust for power.

Attached: 1552143069522.png (1920x1080, 2.8M)

No, you're not. Dante never swore a single time in 3 games and suddenly starting trash talking felt cheap. The only one that landed was him his reply to Nero bitch-slapping him. His worse line was against Cerberus.

Nero's a punk. Let him swear all he wants. Dante shouldn't.

Morrison calling Trish and Lady crazy bitches also felt cheap.

And how did VeePee redeemed anything at all?
By robbing people to hire Dante?
By hiring Dante to fix his own mess?
By hiring Nero to the same as well?
By manipulating Nero to take him to the Urizen?
By doing the same to Dante so he can merge with Urizen in peace?
>"You and I like to exist" -Griffon
^Best way to describe V here. He didn't redeem a jack shit here!
City is still in mess. People are dead and only reason why Vergil goes to fix his mess is because Nero kicked his ass until he agreed to do so.

this, it was the same problem in RE2make

First of all, if you have to compare Vergil with someone it would be with Kaiba because they have the same kind of autism ( and I am not even joking). And also it feels like each point you make is taken in such a way that let me think you didn't understand the story at all. For example :

He was literally dying, I don't think he cared about the consequences of his acts. His personality was splitted in two entities, far different from one another but still shared the same goal.

>he merges and fucks off to seeth about Dante having "better life" than him

He doesn't seem to seethe though, he is asking himself what is life would have been if Eva saved him instead. That's legitimely something you can ask yourself back in 3 for this instance.
The same goes for the rest of your points, so either you really misunderstood the story or you are conveniently pointed things that way to try to rationalize your way of thinking which is false.

Level design was the best in the series, the fuck are you talking about?

>of Vergil's hater to write
That's a good thing because Vergilfags are some of the must insufferable faggots around, kinda like you are being RIIIIIGHHHT NOOOOW PWWWWWNED!

>itsuno makes a joke about asking for more money to make trish and lady play a bigger role
>anons take this to mean the game was completely gimped on budget

Attached: 1552415946362.jpg (403x290, 51K)

That's fair. I disagree that the new Vergil looks more fitting for AC Sephiroth, though. Sephiroth has much finer and "idealized Asian" features in that flick than what Vergil provides here with his big chin.

>Dante is like a Pizza
>Nero is like Doritos
>Vergil is sugar-free Monster

He's literally just Vegeta, nigger.

He's my favorite boss in 4 unironically (next to Credo). I like his theme and he's a punching bag

Did Vergil get anything new between SoS and DMD? I feel like no enemies got any new attacks.

Then series should stop looking like it was written by Toriyama then.

Yes that's what I see my dude.

>level design
It’s been meh to okay since 1
>V gameplay
You can do cool stuff with him, he’s not Nero or Dante but he’s good
>Bloody Palace
It’s fine, if not too easy

Oh look, that Vergil hating fujo is back again

Level design was more in the way of linear corridors and vertical columns this time around but as a result there wasn't any "THAT part" portion of the game. I think it could've been more interesting but I'm actually fine with it, it tried being more of an action game and focusing on the combat than being Resident Evil with jumping and swords

too repetitive mostly and a lot of areas felt barren, the ruined cityscapes weren't very interesting after a while, i like the game mind you

Nope. Same fight but with more damage. That DmC spectral swords attack is embarrassing.

Maybe you should stop reading everything by Toriyama so you stop seeing your shonen shit everywhere faggot

Nah Dan said Vergil only drinks blood.

>Fujo
>Hating Vergil
Good joke.

>nono all the things you said were wrong btw
ok user you're wrong though

>VeePee
didn't read the rest of your post

Actually stopped to think about his actions and how they influence others, didn't actually kill the person whose money he took, tried to save people during the month between prologue and second wave of attack, even though he couldn't save many...
It's not a perfect redemption, it would be stupid to go from asshole to saint that easy, but it shows he is concerned about consequences for someone else besides himself.

Level design was a conscious decision to distance the game from its old RE map design (cant say it was the best decision, but it isnt for lack of budget)
V is pretty cool and i dont know how to add shit to it without breaking it, specially when you start jc'ing the cane for infinite DT
BP is the same as always

Not him but it's possible, Vujo's hate Vergil and Vergilfags with a passion for example.

>hurr these things are shallow because
ok user you’re wrong though

>nooo how dare you argue with me???
>I thought this was a safespace!!!
>>>/reddit/

>Dante never swore a single time in 3 games and suddenly starting trash talking felt cheap
He used PG swears in every game other than 1 and 2, and now he occasionally uses PG-13 swears. It's not as if he gave up his bants, it's just that DMC5 has a lot less talking bosses that Dante fights. What was his line against Cerberus again? I forgot but I do remember it being bad.

>Morrison calling Trish and Lady crazy bitches also felt cheap.
I loved that line

Attached: 1529355980168.jpg (237x229, 34K)

There never was a Vujo dumbass, just one guy rping with himself for weeks.

Keep telling yourself that

Just tighter timings, I also think he only does 3 Judgement Cuts on SoS and 4 on DMD.

>DmC spectral swords
Which one? I think he only used the 4SE ones.

no u
>>nooo how dare you argue with me???
>argue
literally no arguments were made

dont mind me just checking if my based frog emoji is still here🐸

>What was his line against Cerberus again?
"suck shit you motherfucking doggy cunt"

>He used PG swears in every game other than 1 and 2,
Don't forget the cheesy "fuck off" to Griffon in the form of "flock off"

Where did he go, back in fujoland ? The threads are much nicer since he's gone.

The side-walk where he slowly fires off one sword at a time is straight out of DmC.

>weren't a mistake?
Stopped reading there.

Same as 3 Cerberus then he called King Cerb biggest of the litter

I just meant on overall face structure. Fuller face for example. Kinda more like Sephiroth in said AC over Vergil that always had sharp and stern features.
Anyway, as for Sephiroth, he's meant to be "alien beauty but whose looks give you more chills over a boner." AC kinda did 3D Sephiroth right in that regard. They made him attractive enough to be angel, but creepy looking at same time as well. Something that his other incarnations fail to do as Sephiroth now looks like pretty bishy boy out of shoujo with 0% of creepy. His cat eyes are now only "alien" thing about him at this point.

Anyway, not to derail with FF topic, as both Vergil and Sephiroth are fine characters in my opinion. (might be just my nostalgia for both talking here)

it's not

I thought it was "shit off you hairy dog cock"

that's just the right sort of goofy though

Probably still here but dropped the act, see the guy who seethes any time someone mentions that V may be slightly popular

They are really people comparing Sephiroth and Vergil ? What the fuck. Even with 3 Vergil I wouldn't compare them.

Something about shitting out a bunch of puppies or something like that. Shit isn't a swear word though.

Fair enough, I didn't play that. How fitting that's the easiest phase.

>What was his line against Cerberus again?
>Whoa, easy there fella!
>Hey, I remember a stinky little pooch just like you.
>Looks like your master's got you on a pretty short leash.
>Come on, little puppy, let's go!
>I'll take you out for a walk.
>So! You're the strongest in the litter. Looks like we're gonna need a bigger leash. Come on!
He's basically saying the kind of shit he'd say in 3 but this time he's almost actually yawning through the lines.

>Stopped reading there.
yes, user, that was the end of the sentence.

>It's not as if he gave up his bants

I'm not saying he gave up. He still has pretty cool banter but now he goes and spews SHIT, BULLSHIT, SHIT, SHIT so often, it's just a bit tryhard.

👌

V IS NOT POPULAR YOU KEKING TROGLODYTE!!!!!!

Yes, you're kinda supposed to do that when you reach the end of the post.

Attached: 1554097968454.png (876x663, 544K)

It was an okay rehash of DMC3's Cerberus lines somewhat putting down the dog as "puppy", but recognizing King Cerberus was the "biggest pup of the litter".

Again, DMC5 has less corny boss scene for the detriment of the title, We really only got Cavaliere as the single good one for Dante. Cerberus was meh and Urizen/Vergil were more serious fights with no wisecracking. Feels like Nero this time got all those scenes.

Check 'em.

Attached: 20190401181950_1.jpg (1920x1080, 392K)

But that's how people talk user, plus he is a bit on edge with the whole Vergil returning thing.

He drinks blood, but he's a mother fucking sugar-free Monster
>I drink sugar-free because it's healthier
>But still drinks Monster none-the-less

>Yea Forums hallucinates a singular fujofag to rationalize away any criticism of vergil
lmao

>Lady is a hardass in DMC3
>is a bimbo that steals Dante's money in DMC4
>is a genki schoolgirl in DMC5 despite being in her 40s
>except for that one scene where she cries about not getting over shooting Arkham in the face
Did I miss something big from the anime or something

>Foolishness, is rushing in blind all you can do, you fucking subhuman monkey nigger?
I don't mind swearing but this was a bit too much desu
Vergil really changed over the years

her design in 3 was genki schoolgirl, so it's gone full circle

>being triggered by "shit"
Maybe you should stick to Nintendo games

no, in the anime she just tries to kill trish but then they become best friends and send their bills for dante to pay

That's because of the massive loans she's given Dante to keep the office's toilets flushing

What ?

Nope. Just shoehorning a character that doesn't belong, not knowing what to do with them, and ruining them in the process. Happens all the time. DMC3 Lady is the only real Lady.

Attached: lady.webm (540x304, 2.1M)

Play the game

I remember one battle dialogue "shit", his "holy shit" when he sees his house is still standing, "useless shit" to Urizen, and "shat" to Cerberus. Then he has "bitch" in the final fight and that's about all I can remember. Doesn't seem like that much all things considered.

It's weird how Yea Forums flips between
>Caring about the story? Lmao it's DMC of course it's stupid and doesn't make sense
>How dare you call the story stupid you fujo!

Vergil said nigger? absolutely based

Attached: 1553063380361.png (569x450, 266K)

>be 40 year old boomer pissed off at his brother for crafting a scenario that could easily veer off towards "end of the world."
>curse a little bit because your brother won't listen to your shitty attempts at reasoning with him
>curse once or twice
Nothing wrong with this. He's a 40 year-old man with a lot of personal stake in what's going on, and he hasn't brushed his teeth in a month. There are issues with the writing, but Dante cursing a little isn't one of them. He's not saying explicit stuff like "motherfucker" and Kamiya's Dante who wouldn't swear died in the first game.

Dante only ever sworn at Urizen, called him "Garbage God", "Piece of shit that needs to be flushed", and went "You did all this for this shit" at the final fight against urizen, talking about the fruit.
He certainly had a personal stake on that fight, thats why he went overboard.
He also said "shit" and "bitch" in much more casual sentences ("shit this place is confusing" and "this bitchslap almost killed me"), while laughing at the situation.

I don't even get why are people so fucking obsessed with comparing these two? I would get it if there was Wesker/Sephiroth comparison instead, as these two have similar character/personality to each other, but Vergil/Sephiroth?
>white hair
>katana
>coats
>mommy issues
Those are all similarities these two got.

Attached: hm.jpg (1280x1215, 202K)

I hope the brothers in hell DLC goes into detail on the time he spent with GLR in the underworld.

>by the time turbo mode comes out i'll be too old to keep up

Think the weirdest part was when he started calling Vergil a twink fuckboi before punching him. Like the hell was up with that?

I guess not having Yamato with you does wonders.

He never said subhuman monkey dumbass. Or prove it, it's during their fight I presume ? I recognize the first part of the sentence.

>not understanding my post
I used Sephiroth as an example because shit taste weebs don't like realistic Vergil, they want anime Vergil.

where can I find a lady mod that replaces dante like your gif

i can only find naked lady mod in nexus

It's when you do it on DMD you subhuman monkey nigger. Of course a brainlet like you couldn't reach there.

this is my fetish and why dmc4 lady is the best

play the game

user...

Hahaha oh my god, don't tell me you never fought him on DMD? That's where he says that line. Time for you to git gud it seems

>he didn't beat DMD
Looks like Vergil was right.

I understand missing out on battle dialogue, but how can you not remember cutscene stuff like "My dumbass nigger kike brother is back and I'm going to rip him a new one"?

I don't know why but that mod isn't uploaded there.
youtube.com/watch?v=-qBK7P_nweo

Attached: lady vs vergil 4 guns only.webm (1280x720, 2.84M)

>user accidentally outs himself as a Human-mode only casual
I'm pretty sure he won't say it if you use any gold orbs either, I could be wrong

>But that's how people talk user

...I know. Good thing that's not what I'm talking about.

>plus he is a bit on edge with the whole Vergil returning thing.

Except that was mostly his "fun" trash talk against bosses. I can understand if he let off steam against Urizen.

5 just had a uncharacteristic amount of swearing that just didn't exist before. He used to say goofy and cartoony shit like Flock off and other corny stuff. This just felt like a lame attempt to make him edgier for no good reason. It's a minor complaint but considering how sloppy the story ended up being, it just another things that adds to the pile.

>That DmC spectral swords attack is embarrassing.
Yeah, I was hoping it would have been replaced on DMD with something that isn't easily exploitable.

Yeah. I didn't really care about it on DH, but when it's the same stupid piece of shit on DMD, it's a problem.

See that's how Lady should play. Dante but with guns only.

I don't remember shat for Cerberus

>muh weebs
My head hurts from this.

Imagine having so much shit taste

Attached: fag.jpg (960x273, 30K)

user, saying "shit" occasionally isn't edgy anymore. DMC3 and 4 made him swear so it's not like this is anything new. If you want DMC1 Dante who never ever swears, I understand, but it's not something that they suddenly threw into DMC5 to make it more edgy

But that looks like shit

STOP RIGHT THERE !! I am not at this point since I don't have so much time to play. But I finished the game on DH and I didn't see it that's why.

"Shat out any puppies?"

The meleefags of the DMC world.

thanks

If you were that user that kept saying how I shouldn't play with swords with Lady then yeah, I took your advice and S'ed DH and SoS Vergil with only E&I and Kalina Ann, now I only have DMD left.

Attached: lady vs vergil 5 guns only.webm (1280x720, 2.87M)

What in the fuck is that profile pic.

I unironically love how Vergil looks in 5.

You look like shit.

haha

Go back and kick some ass on DMD you monkey!

Attached: 1452718079409.jpg (357x382, 54K)

>using character that doesn't even look like said Vergil for comparison in order to "make a point" of what Vergil did "weebs" wanted
You suck at comparisons real bad there, user.

Like most people. The only one who looks bad is Trish.

>swearing
Saying "shit" isn't swearing, you dumb fucking cunt.

Attached: 1554167986530.png (369x448, 107K)

I'm not but shit impressive user and good on you if only because you've demonstrated how Lady should play if/when she's added to DMC5.

He's a pretty boy no matter what others say

Attached: 1553308648528m.jpg (576x1024, 52K)

>People ITT who think it's okay that the series has gone back on Kamiya's vision of cool protagonists that don't need swearing or drugs to be cool
It really is DmC now and everyone's okay with it. I don't think this series is for me anymore, the audience for 4 and 5 is clearly different than the older audience of 1 and 3 that retained their sensibilities.

LOok at MuH TECH guyz
youtube.com/watch?v=UO9dEyJV8Jk
It's literally nothing. Overly complicated finger gymnastics to achieve literally nothing.

Why is the western DMC combo community develop in such an austictic clickey way? Reminds me of the Norcal gang in the FGC.

Yeah it's only a like one or two fags who don't. Most like how he looks and I think this is the best he's ever looked both face and outfit.

Attached: 1552412311390.jpg (2560x1440, 333K)

Imagine seething harder than Nero being called Deadweight

Attached: SEETHING.png (601x455, 28K)

I am waiting to have an entire day to play, user :)

CHINGER

Your example sucks ass then. Vergil doesn't look like Sephiroth at all, nor did he ever looked close to him for comparison.
Pic-related on another hand would be much better example instead.

Attached: ignis.jpg (1080x1080, 460K)

Literally, Trish is the only one that looks weird because of her hair. Eva looks Fine

I love Lady

Attached: images (2).jpg (739x415, 26K)

Who hurt you?

now that the dust has settled i's time to rate the worst fanbase of the franchise (from worst to tolerable):
1) 4babs (DMC 4/4SE)
4) Vfags and DmCucks (DmC)
5) Kamiyafags (DMC 1)
6) nostalgiafags (DMC 3/3SE)
7) nuDMC (DMC 5)
10) Luciafags (DMC 2)

Attached: 1550872318004.jpg (800x1000, 38K)

He has better hair than Vergil in 5. I'll give XV that.

Ew stop that. I am not sure if she is looking worst here or in-game I am confused does this means she looks better as a man ?

3 has Dante saying "damn" and "hell" all the time, you literally just want the Dante that has only been in one game

Don't include me in that. I'm fine with Nero swearing as he's a punk but Dante? not cool. My Dante will always be the one who said shit like flock off pretty disappointed he didn't say that once to chicken

Kamiya is not relevant anymore oldman

i started playing DMC on 3 and 5 is my favorite

I only wish hair was something like that in 5 desu.

>Eva looks Fine
She really dosn't. The hair dosn't suddenly make that fucking face ok.

Now THIS is how I imagined 3's hair with realistic graphics.
Alas, I got cucked. Oh well.

>Piece of shit that needs to be flushed

That's the line I was thinking about. Guess he said it at Urizen. Personal stake or not, that's the worst line ever written for Dante. It doesn't click.

Trish looks like a flaming trashheap

I am a DMCfag in general (apart from DmC who sucks ass). I don't understand the goal of putting people against one another like that. Get out.

>1. DMC4
What the fuck man? Is this satire?

On higher difficulties they can be. Though a good player can sweep through it.

Is there a way to rip that Ignis's hair and make it possible for Vergil instead?
People already recreated DMC4's Nero hair and they even made Saber's hair. So why not this? Would be cool.

No matter what any of you shit eating faggots say, Vergil should look angular and similar to Dante. They look like two different people. That's my only gripe with this game. Apart from that, 10/10.

Like that other user said, he is literally a melee fag, i bet he was more excited about Nero being able to roll and shoot than the Vergil reveal, i remember seeing one of these people playing through DMC5 and he said "this is fucking gay" at the Vergil reveal

Kamiya is a fucking hack. Fuck him.
>Kamiya's vision of cool protagonists that don't need swearing
That's why almost every Platinum game has swearing in it right?

Problem is we've seen Vergil with Dante's face and it looks so bad. What we've got is great.

MODDERFAGS!!! DO THIS!!!

Based and redpilled. They'll just post pictures of that bad Dante face overlay mod to try to "prove" you wrong, though.

>dosn't want to fight, but is forced to against Dante
Pure refined delusions.

Anyone else fine with Vergil's face but thinks his hair seems off? I guess it's because of the iconic hair flip in DMC3, but it bothers me that his hair in DMC5 looks like it has to be perfectly cut and maintained into a weird porcupine like shape instead of just being Dante's hair gelled back.

Has anyone found a fix to the GPU crashes things from BP? seems like a big ocurrence amongst people

Kamiya fags are just as bad as 4babs

>Says YOU'RE A PIECE OF SHIT THAT NEEDS TO BE FLUSHED

>Doesn't say Flock Off to Griffon

Wasted chance. And Dante never swore in 3 or 4, since his corny PG13 lines have nothing to do with his dialogue in 5. This isn't a Kamiya vs Itsuno Dante since Itsuno Dante never spoke like he did in 5. It's inconsistent, is what it is.

They are two different people, they don't have the same models. I honestly wouldn't like them any different. I wouldn't like Dante with Vergil's face and Vergil with Dante's face. How they look now fits their personality.

My mistake, I was thinking about his FLUSH THE SHIT Urizen lines. There was nothing remotely bad in his Cerberus talk, my bad.

no way, they're the best part
>I respect you so little I'm just going to club you

>That hair. Give it to me!

Attached: motivated hair.jpg (960x1280, 102K)

>DMC1: flock off, feather face!
>DMC5: you stupid fucking cunt vergil, I swear to christ I'll rip your cock off and shove it up your ass if you come back to life again you cumslurping nigger kike
what happened?

>can't understand cutscenes
DMC3 all over again. When Vergil comes back he's completely non aggressive, doesn't even pay any attention to Dante, instead he picks up his book and stares at it, Dante attacks first and even then Vergil reacts only defensively. It's story telling with subtleties but your senses have been killed by MCU spelling everything out for you.

>wants to play BP
>Steam refuses to connect
>seems it's a global issue
Oh well, I'll just shitpost here as usual.

Attached: 1553829587103.jpg (2048x1152, 452K)

You have a problem with people who uses bottles of hair gel, user ?

Guarantee it's being pushed by Capcom. Listen to the potty-mouth script of RE2.

"hell", "damn", and "ass" are swears and Dante uses them all the time in 3 and 4, and whether you like it or not, "shit" is not that much worse on the swear tier list and is used like a total of 4 times in the entire game by Dante.

>2) Fujos and waifufags
>3) Headcanons and theorist fags

>mommy swear words hurt my feefees :(((((
Yikes

It was never a mistake, just a step to fast. We all had to get used to it. We were all expecting DMC in the style of the new Soul Calibur.

Attached: 1553816293726.gif (210x210, 455K)

The fuck you did to his hair, they are not THAT high.

BLENDERFAGS!
Giver Vergil strands like this as well!

The recent RE scripts are grating. RE2make wasn't as absolutely devoid of any variation like RE7's script, and the swearing fits with Resident Evil's b-horror pastiche thing, except it doesn't feel ironic. It does feel like what Capcom imagines appeals to their western market despite them never needing that before, which I think is what you were getting at

Is there any way to see which missions have blue orbs I didn't get yet? Not talking about secret missions, I mean the random blue ones in levels. I'm short about six of them I think, just not sure which ones I'm missing.

Attached: giorgio tsoukalos.jpg (187x269, 10K)

Nice fucking jaggies there faggot. What is this 2005?

>DmCucks
Don't exist outside of obvious baits.
>Kamiyafags
>nostalgiafags
Barely anyone.
What are you even talking about?

I could believe this, but why?

Then they would have to do something to make them look similar and also fix Vergil's hair. All in all, I'm not satisfied and of course mods that swap faces wouldn't look properly adequate. It's just not good. I can't be okay with it. You guys can, bit I won't. Call me autistic, but oh well.

Dante swearing more obviously this time around is just a small but visible sign of the western push the game had. I'm sure someone has that interview where they wanted to story to feel like a Hollywood movie this time around.

Explains the retarded timeskips and the slightly off dialogue.

>according to Reuben the original english script was so trash they had to improvise lines and hire a new translator
I kinda want to read it to see how bad it was

Attached: 1552471255764.png (430x546, 399K)

Don't think there is an easy way to check, you can just google a guide and go through the list.

Kamiya hasn't produced a good game in like a decade and it seems like his work with Capcom was a fluke too considering how Bayonetta turned out. Also what world do you people live in where saying shit is so special?

Attached: clark-kent-bullies-superman.webm (1280x720, 2.85M)

Just use a youtube video, i also didn't remembered if i got x orb but missions are pretty quick if you aim straight for them with a guide

Are there actual fags here who are triggered by words like "shit" and "ass"? Am I being trolled?

See: They're probably just trying to appeal to western audiences more.

no. we've gone too far with this aesthetic.

Please tell me that's the default Nightmare animation everytime Vergil does that attack, i don't want to end up dying because he decides to just do the portal opening animation

no-one has a problem with swearing, just out-of-character swearing. notice how no-one is complaining about Nero's language?

I

Hell and damn from 3 onwards, old fart in 4. Shit isn't a big step up.

Hell his "FUCK YOU" was more proper and in place than Donte´s

hyper-realism is a dead end.

I won't call you autistic user ,here I give you a kiss. For my part I am totally fine with his hair but there is a mod with Dante's hair that is fine too, if you prefer it differently.

>Bayonetta 1
>W101

>Bad

Jesus. Now this thread is really off the rails.

do those stupid fucking chinks think swearing appeals to us or some shit?

Shoutout to Griffon for trying his best

Since when is shit and ass considered swearing? By your logic he also swore in 3 when he said damn, hell and so on.

Griffon is best for swears.

Attached: 20190331184205_1.jpg (1920x1080, 318K)

>And as for the fact that they were identical, Itsuno explained why they are not anymore in yesterday's stream.
What did he say? Give me the exact quote he said ant not Yea Forums(nel)'D version of it.

>beat dmc2 as dante
>"Where's the hard mode?"
>have to beat it as Lucia
>"Oh, ok"
>Her throwing daggers feel stronger than E&I (when not DT'd at least)
Wew lad. I do have to say that I like her DT form however

>QTEs the game
>QTEs the game
>good
(You)

Attached: 1549394452920.png (405x412, 201K)

If you had any iota of reading skill, you'd know that literally no one has any problem with swearing. Plenty of characters in the game talk like sailors and no one cares. It's Dante's dialogue that's off.

>webm name
kek 10/10

>Just now i learn about V's touch and go ability
Jesus christ i feel retarded, he is much more fun if you land those

>It's Dante's dialogue that's off.
Why? Didn't feel off to me, are you just shitposting?

I don't understand the appeal of this mod.

Holy shit, that's fucking cool.

Griffon's AHAHA FUCK YEAH is the best

Attached: 1550924157439.png (394x396, 148K)

because Dante's banter is usually more creative and goofy, why do you think DmC's FUCK YOU was so derided?

I actually like Silver Bullet more than Devil Trigger

Attached: 1554205315206.png (600x790, 344K)

I gotta go with I much enjoy his dialogue in DMC5, it's not like it's out of place either, he says things like "My dumbass brother is back and i gotta rip him a new one" not "My fucking brother is back and i gotta kick his shit"

Oh man you are asking too much, here is the link of the stream I posted.
Matt translated for him.

Yeah, but watch all the fags come out to defend it anyway.

Attached: 1554117131004.jpg (720x720, 72K)

How was it not creative and goofy in 5? Because he said "shit" like 3 times? Delusional retard.

I think its a throwback at the fact he is living in his own filthy for a while during the prologue and didn't have water running (the toilets need flushing)

Vfags did nothing wrong.

>"My dumbass brother is back and i gotta rip him a new one"
My favorite line in the game desu

You resorted to posting a reaction image because you know I'm right.

>Griffon
>spawned out of Vergil's thoughts
>swears like a sailor
>Vergil
>character for which swearing would be most unfitting

DELETE.

Attached: 1553369318056.png (1920x1080, 2.99M)

>rip him a new one
that's lewd

Griffon is like the suppressed aspects of Vergil, he's cheerful, cocky, sweary, and openly cowardly

Combo autist. Dont play games for fun.
Extremely specialized in a single game, cant ever change.
Given he put MW2 and Automata in his list, I don't think he played many games overall (Automata is great, but if you are putting a Taro game in a list, its Nier Gestalt.)

DmC's FUCK YOU was derided because the scene in the game was ridiculous and devoid of proper bants in favor of just the two characters yelling FUCK YOU at each other. Dante saying "shit" while delivering his bants doesn't magically negate the bants in the first place. You're literally holding onto the meme that Dante is a G-rated hero that never swears and doesn't know what sex is as an actual criticism of the game when the only time that has ever been true is DMC1.

I can just look at DMC5 without any fanboy glasses and say that not everything the game did worked. If you weren't such a sensitive dumbass that seems to be triggered at any criticism at DMC5, you'd see that Donte was criticized and crucified for spewing lines that were just as bad in 5.

a new what? does the game ever answer this?

go to sleep barry

Considering they existed outside the merging, I think it's more like splitting himself in two broke off some vague fragmented nightmares into demons, so they're not a part of Vergil but they came from Vergil.

half naked hot twink?

A new arm to play with, Nero better watch himself.

Attached: 1551620419774.png (191x258, 107K)

>Donguri
>Kiernoth
>Millz
>Multiple other people who have been giving us content for the better part of a decade are all saying the game is simply too tight and once you find out what works it's just a matter of muscle memory.
>Donguri already saying he's probably going to go back to DMC4 soon because there's not a lot of free-styling in DMC5 due to no universal glitches or mechanics.
>Kiernoth literally said the game is a fucking joke on anything other than DMD and that had this been the combat for DmC instead of a clusterfuck that it was then he'd still never touch it because everything is too strong.
>Millz literally saying Nero is even more braindead now because in DMC4 you had to actually pay attention to where enemies were but with Devil Breakers and the Devil Bringer you're literally under no threat whatsoever.
>Donguri also said he doesn't like how RG has effectively been nerfed into being a very specific and niche thing to react with.
>Several other people in the community Discord saying they're dropping the game until Turbo because everything feels like a fucking slog after going back to DMC4 with Turbo on.
>Literally no one, not even DMC5 combo-autists like V because actually doing well with him makes you look retarded and gives you a lower rank than just mashing on the buttons.

DMC5 is good for the initial 30-40 hour experience but once you hit the 60 hour mark there's basically nothing left for anyone to do.
Also apparently Keirnoth is fucking fuming about how easy BP is.

Attached: fluffy fuck.jpg (1320x777, 418K)

Found the seething DmCuck
Shoo.

>V
>literally Vergil's half
>allows Dante to call him dead-weight
>allows Griffon to shit-talk him
>"I WANT TO BE LOOOOOOOOOOOVED! LOVE ME! DANTE PLEASE NOTICE ME! I'M UR-REASON FOR FIGTHEN!"

Attached: 1552935824526.jpg (500x399, 105K)

When you put it like that, I agree with you. And I did really like Dante's talk for the most part. None of his Shit trash talk worked and that's what I'm talking about. It's a minor complaint that ended up exploding in this thread.

>500+ posts arguing about whether Dante should say 'shit' or not

Attached: w.png (1920x1080, 1005K)

>gives you a lower rank
Man, the combo community really changed.

>literally who autists
>Discord
Nobody cares, dude. 4 was a shit game, just admit it already.

Explain it

you can also see his demon's personalities as his lost family

griffon is cocky and crazy, but cares deeply for vergil like dante
nightmare is the strong power that comes to the rescue like sparda
and shadow is softer and caring like eva

>Donguri already saying he's probably going to go back to DMC4 soon because there's not a lot of free-styling in DMC5 due to no universal glitches or mechanics.
Source on this? because i recall he was quitting making DMC videos all together and then DMC5 was announced.

>Literally no one, not even DMC5 combo-autists like V because actually doing well with him makes you look retarded and gives you a lower rank than just mashing on the buttons.
I really really dislike how much hate V gets, sure he is way more simpler than Dante and Nero, but you CAN do cool shit with him
youtube.com
/watch?v=YcKFoTLBMOw

Millz has trouble beating SoS, why bring him up?

>autist names mega boss "your reason" and himself "v"
is he the worst person at naming things in the history of humanity?

I did it with Domination, literally the first time I tried it out in an actual game outside of void, felt awesome

I find it both funny and sad that V(ergil) so smugly assumes he's Dante's number one reason for anything. That'd be Eva, bro.

It's simple, you just gotta press B (Cane attack) as you finish off an enemy, you will hear a sound cue (sounds like a metallic sort of sound) and V will instantly teleport to another target and finish it off, you can chain it together as much as you want, gets really fun in BP on those floors with tons of enemies and you are teleporting all over the place

That's also how I saw it. It's nice seeing someone thinking the same.

DMC4 was a mistake

Dunno. Dante named himself Tony Redgrave (London) once and Spurdo named his children after Divine comedy+he was shit at remembering female names (wonder how did he called eva). So, it seems that bad naming runs in the family.

Bonus: Nero's mother named Nero as Nero. She must've caught Sparda family autism by getting dicked by Vergil.

Who? And why should I care about these whiners? Have I been having fake fun this whole month? Was I merely deceiving myself?

>3 autistic faggots don't like the game
Guess I should dislike it too.

>he was shit at remembering female names
i've seen people say that, but where did it came from?

Donguri and the others are basically the "content creators" for DMC. If you don't care about that, that's fine, but when people show videos of crazy combos and the like it's usually from one of them.

It ended up exploding in this thread because you or someone else posing as you keeps insisting that Dante never swears in DMC3 and 4, equates saying "shit" 4 times in the entire game to DmC, and overall ignoring every counterpoint except for the one reply that you have an answer for. Again, because you said it's a minor complaint, I doubt all of these people are you specifically.

No it wasn't. Melee tier DMC4fags are the mistake.

>new game has new mechanics
>autists who became '''''''''''''''''famous''''''''' doing shitty combo videos are now butthurt because the new game has new stuff for them to learn
I'm glad CAPCOM probably doesn't even know who these autists are.

Attached: 1552540918756.jpg (592x576, 40K)

Novel. Matier said it.

All the "shit" he said during the game is ok.

>Literally no one, not even DMC5 combo-autists like V

there's a few combo autists on youtube/niko/twitter who exclusively use V and are figuring him out, generally speaking he's much better in big levels with interesting geometry/multiple enemies than he is in the void which is probably why combo autists can't get to grips with him

its also really unfair to be this critical of the game a month from launch, dmc4 PEAKED at a time when most of the stuff being cited as critical to enjoyment of the game (turbo mode, reversals, inertia etc) were not really a part of the game

Is it really Nero's mother ? wasn't it the orphanage he was in who named him like that ?

He cares way more about Dante than Dante does about him that's for sure

all me :)

Where can I buy a replica of DMC5 yamato

Test to see if i'm finally allowed to post images

Attached: BUGGED.png (1253x653, 1.17M)

>DMC5 is good for the initial 30-40 hour experience but once you hit the 60 hour mark there's basically nothing left for anyone to do
Replace 5 with 4 and that’s my entire experience.

Good luck finding some demon skin. Maybe one of those jewish synagogues have some.

Attached: pp.jpg (640x640, 35K)

No DMC5 few years after 4 was a mistake. The 11 year long break between games let this 4 cancer to fester.

Donguri played the first 5 floors of BP + Credo for 10 years in DMC4 just to flail his way through DMC5's Devil Hunter mode and fail on Vergil so many times he almost used orbs. Literally who cares about the opinion of these autists, I prefer to make my own crazy combos than emulate them anyway, it's more fun

>get to stage 90 and die to an ice cerberus attack I've never seen before after an hour and 15 minutes played

Attached: 1554173852470.png (337x481, 150K)

>because the new game has new stuff for them to learn
Isn't shit like enemy stepping objectively worse now? Some of the complaints are valid. Plus not having shit like Turbo, while QoF, makes the game noticeably slower than DMC4SE. I don't know why people expected it at launch though

Nigger.

I agree.

That's true, these people are just whining for the sake of it, they would've wanted weapon DLC for 4 instead of a proper new game.

Well since you brought up Millz, all he does is combo videos against sandbags in the void and get fucked in the proper game and I can live perfectly fine without that.

> generally speaking he's much better in big levels with interesting geometry/multiple enemies than he is in the void which is probably why combo autists can't get to grips with him

This is why i both love and hate the void so much, it was just meant to be a place to practice combos on a single enemy, but it's boring as fuck to see people juggling a sandbag in a boring ass enviroment, i have yet to see one good combo video that happens in a mission.

This was posted a while back and is still my fav DMC5 combo

Attached: 1552430692384.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

>there are still faggots complaining that it's not anime enough
The devs literally put out a video saying that DMC always had a realistic art design.
>"When we were making Devil May Cry 4 on the previous console generations, we were making the game as photorealistic as we could at the time" - Hideaki Itsuno
>"DMC started life as a Resident Evil game, in development terms, so it's always been a series that has strived for a grounded look. The design is fundamentally based on photorealism." - Daigo Ikeno
DMC was never supposed to look like anime fantasy. The plots and characters are anime as fuck but that was never part of the art design. The whole aesthetic relies on crazy shit and legendary battles happening in an extremely grounded and realistic modern setting.

Doing a 4 minute long air combo on a permastunned enemy isnt the point of the game. It has some mechanically hard inputs, but overall the novelty wears off very quickly.
Joch doing no dmg DMD Nightmare and Nelo 3 in 1 was much more impressive than anything those people you named ever did.
People doing no dmg royal guard only Vergil in 3 and 5 is more impressive

It was Fortuna people that gave Nero his name, cause he was wrapped in a black blanket. Lucky him it wasn't some other color with daisies on it.

Anyone have the webm of V fighting Cerberus in BP but the ice attack doesn't stop?

Yeah, they did admit that the main goal of 4 was tight responses and control input in a documentary of 5. Of course this was going to clash with the better players in some way.

>DMC4, despite being half completed and only 2 characters had consistent content being made for it for 8 years before a SE even dropped.
>The consistent community presense of the game for that long literally made Capcom decide that it would be worth making DMC5.

Oh yea, but sure DMC4 was a bad game even though it's literally the reason we even got DMC5 in the first place all because BP was too hard and people needed to experiment with Dante for a bit to get the gist of his weapons.
Fuck off brainlet.

DMs between him and a few admins from the community Discord, I'd post them here but I already know that shitposters on Yea Forums will use it to shitpost every DMC5 thread until the heat death of the universe. If you're part of the Discord you can easily find it though.

>but you CAN do cool shit with him
Yea, just like how you can do cool shit with Trish and Lady in DMC4SE but it involves you using a cheat engine and even still not many people will ever look forward to playing them too much.
The problem with Yea Forums is that he's simply too distant to the battle to really feel good playing with. The fact that his rank meter is broken and encourages literal button mashing is also bad.

That's because Mills took a year and a half long break and doesn't want to dedicate too much of his time to vidya in general anymore.

Good job putting words in my mouth that I never even suggested. All I'm saying is that vets of the series are generally having a hard time liking this game in the long run and there are definite reasons for that.

Except the mechanics from DMC4 that have carried over to DMC5 are objectively worse now. RG doesn't cancel anymore. Enemy Stepping is less responsive. Setting up parries and enemy placement is damn near impossible. With how Drive is mapped it's extremely difficult to change weapons on the fly for responsiveness so it's just one big opening you give the enemy. RG altogether is just worse now.

Attached: Emoji Movie 2.jpg (648x636, 63K)

>DMC5 is good for the initial 30-40 hour experience but once you hit the 60 hour mark there's basically nothing left for anyone to do.
Uh, yeah? That's how single player games usually work. There isn't much to do after replaying it on harder difficulties few times.
Is this bait?

The turbo complaint is probably the only one I can take. The thing about them is that they don't really want to learn anything, they went in thinking it would either be DmC2 or DMC4SE.5

I'm convinced Turbo mode is literally for ADHD faggots. Does anybody actually give a shit how FAST a game is if its running at 60 FPS?

>the writing never actually improved since "fill your dark soul with light", it's just Reuben and Dan making it work
I kind of want a DMC1 remake now just to see how they could fix the dialogue.

>mass replying

Attached: embarrassing.jpg (294x294, 19K)

4 is the only game where Enemy Step is timing based instead of proximity based, it’s just harder to do and make stuff like divekick JC a bit weirder

A mod i would love is some sort of randomizer for the enemies.

Cringe. Go back to your discord, subhuman.

Cute lol. I just wish Vergil was more angular.

You're confusing smoothness and speed there, FPS shouldn't affect the speed of a game.

Unless it's like, older games or games on shit hardware like BOTW (but even then that got a fix).

>NNNNOOOOO MY (YOU) ISN'T SPECIAL

>disc*rd
why do people do this

>improve lines
>"Nelo" instead of "Nero (Black)"
>"Out of my way Nero." instead of "Stay out of this Nero."
>"Heal your wounds Dante. Get strong. After that, we'll settle the matter."

The fucking autists are leaking again.

4's JC was also innacurate 70% of the time due shit hitboxes, which is why people resorted to innertia and things like Guard Flying to get to positions they wanted, which was fixed on 5 since every enemy will be exactly where you want it at all times, the DMC4profags complain about the lack of innertia when it's no longer needed since Itsuno and his team of black magic wizards figured the gameplay to make it tight

this

i would rather see people play stylishly and with a distinct playstyle than see them stringing together as many jump cancels as possible, especially when everyone else is doing the same thing

if combo autists weren't the focus of the community we could have a lot more stuff like this:

nicovideo.jp/watch/sm34799948

Turbo is a valid complaint but it was not in 3 on release, neither on 4's initial console release. 4 on PC had it as an option but that was a great port all around with LDK mode and DX10 support. It also came out a bit later though iirc. They'll probably make people pay for it.

>at's because Mills took a year and a half long break and doesn't want to dedicate too much of his time to vidya in general anymore.
Oh please, he has enough time to post epic combo videos against sandbags in the void (and bitch on Discord and Twitter apparently lol) but can't handle SoS Urizen and then has the nerve to complain about game mechanics?

What's so bad about it? the service is good and functional, and not everyone who uses it is a tranny from faggetera, what other IM service out there is left to use that is as good? Skype?

You forgot:
>My son means nothing to me.
Even though it was meant to be like "What are you talking about?" kind of thing.

Attached: file.png (776x439, 600K)

I really liked Brea's video against Vergil. youtube.com/watch?v=21uXbisY28U

>vets of the series
Mongoloids who keep smashing a defenseless scarecrow for 10 years and think it's a pinnacle of gameplay are not vets of the series. They are retarded 4babs who should be mocked at every opportunity.
Go back.

it's cliquey, gossipy and fucking gay

People played DMC4 for 7 years

Some people also eat literal shit for years. What's your point?

But what if it's just a small group of friends?

He does look a little bit like Lil Schleep

>be good enough you make pasta breaker work
>combo autists can't get past Urizen
really makes you think

Ew why do people do this ?

Go back to DMC4 and spend 10 more years wailing on Frosts and scarecrows and see how many people care. The answer may shock you

why does*

Oh shit, are you saying DMC4 is now bad because people prefer it to your shiny new toy? Fuck off.

The Void needs "Multi-Enemy" and "Enclosed Space" options to make the most of several weapons and styles and to better reflect actual scenarios. But I guess that's what Bloody Warm Up is for now.

>DMC4 is now bad
>now
DMC4 was bad since its release. It's an objectively second worst DMC game not counting the reboot.

Mentally ill niggers are "in" right now.

Because there was fucking nothing else. And even in the 10 year wait i went back to 3 way more. myself only played 4 when i wanted nero and 4SE for the novelty and sticked for Vergil. If you wanted an actual Dante is actually not gimped shit that requires bug abuse to deal proper damage you go to 3. Especially since the SS mod.

I miss April fools threads Yea Forums .

I actually really admire how they've not only stuck with the name "Nelo Angelo", but have continued the trend with "Berial" instead of "Belial".

I think they just fucked up the punctuation on that subtitle.
>"My son? ...means nothing to me..."

Or maybe what you said was so unfathomably wrong he's questioning your mental state of being.

Attached: 1345627603626.png (551x457, 46K)