Attached: 219.jpg (376x349, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xw-jSymE76o
youtube.com/watch?v=f7BW0nch7OU
youtube.com/watch?v=wOBNrAtIhRo
youtube.com/watch?v=M1uVi41I1oc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

BOOMUHBILE HERE
Have they not made 3 because they're scared they can't improve on perfection?

The best part about left 4 dead is breaking the ever loving shit out of the game through mods, bugs and addons. What's your favorite part Yea Forums?

For some reason i heavily enjoy l4d2 when drunk but find its boring when sober

They're afraid of making something so perfect that we can no longer advance as a species

I feel it's the kind of game that's fun for everyone but in a different way.

Attached: 1553890887885.jpg (500x349, 35K)

I actually laughed😃

I have had more laughs playing left 4 dead than playing any other game. I sometimes legit hurt myself from how hilarious it gets.

Attached: 1553529749155.jpg (600x800, 95K)

What are some good mod campaigns?

Why is the tank so stupidly fun to exploit?

Attached: source.gif (492x499, 665K)

Absolute zero parts 1 and 2, night terror, haunted forest, diescraper, daybreak, crash bandicoot, precinct 84 are just a few good ones

will back4blood delivers?

The Bloody Moors - Set in Yorkshire, has a Shaun of the dead and Killing Floor vibe.
Roku's Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3 campaigns - Remakes of the RE games, puzzles and all.
The Hive - The first RE movie.
Journey to Splash Mountan - Zombies in Disneyland.
Dark Wood - Legit the best campaign i've played for l4d2.
Crash Bandicoot - Shit's crazy
Yama - Zombies in Tokyo

FOOTBALL

YEAUH

I like Ellis as a character but his accent sorta gets on my nerves

Kiddy Land!

He said he wants some good ol fashioned cola

What? Why?

Attached: med_1524619619_image.jpg (640x465, 65K)

If anything 3 will be a reboot with all new infected and game mechanics. The L4D2 dev commentary talks about how they basically ran out of the design space needed to keep the special infected distinct visually, audibly, and mechanically distinct.

I Hate Mountains- semi canon, very long, hatred of Canada, starts right after Crash Course, made by creators of Portal Prelude
Suicide Blitz 1-2- both are great, can be a bit hard at some parts
Yama- zombies in Japan
Urban Flight- short and fun to play
Fall In Death- fun
Warcelona- short but hard
Back To School- long, a bit hard, but fun, half of maps are in forests

Funny enough, right now they have ran out of people interested in developing L4D3, since Valve work structure is like a kindergarten.

BOOMER

Attached: c122642aaf48c80bd39b332c9742de68[1].jpg (1200x1623, 237K)

what a great game

yep
bleurghhh

Yall heard of this bilecoin thing?

Absolute best custom map across all modes is helms deep. Prove me wrong.

Yepp, pump-up shotgun was a great gun.

Nope. It's I Hate Mountains. That one is almost semi canon like user above mentioned.

I have faith in turtle rock, they're in their element with the title unlike their past few releases.

Attached: 1553602117285.jpg (1024x906, 173K)

Liked✔️

>roku’s RE campaigns
kino, did you ever shoot the big spider in 1?

*bleeuughh* Ah yes, Bill, now THAT was a real survivor.

>survivor

Delete this

No, what happens?

FASTER

I think he meant Louis.

You should really find out for yourself.

>Dark Wood
>Yama

Elder god taste.

I can only enjoy l4d2 when there are fuckloads of retarded mods slapped on

SEETHING valvecuck slide thread

Attached: 1554035602843.png (474x505, 420K)

fucking cylon

>mfw the only mods I have are maps
Everything else is vanilla, baby,

Attached: [Commie] Space Dandy - 05 [5875FEB3].mkv_snapshot_22.15_[2014.06.12_00.16.54].jpg (1280x720, 95K)

Lol. Turtle Rock only co-designed the gameplay of L4d1 alongside valve. The gameplay that turned out to be unbalanced and broken as fuck. The reason 2 is so much more balanced is because Valve developed it themselves.

YOU DID replace the pill bottle with a can of monster energy right? Complete with can clicking over the pill bottle rattle sfx?

I GOT THE COLA

epic

dont mind if I do

I replaced pills with a tiny Louis that screams.

Solid kek

Attached: The Creeper.jpg (720x960, 108K)

Nice

Attached: The Succubus.jpg (721x960, 76K)

Attached: The Banshee.jpg (720x960, 98K)

Attached: The Shocker.jpg (400x542, 37K)

That must be the fella who's masterbatin all day.

Attached: ellis.jpg (542x401, 20K)

I fucking hated Crash. It was a meme campaign.

I just want LEGIT campaigns. Even the best mod campaigns are 10% as good as what ValvE made.

Attached: The Hive.jpg (720x960, 64K)

In TRS's defense for Evolve, it was ruined by publisher meddling. They wanted to make a really cool co-op game that was kinda like monster hunter but with aliens, but because they had to have a "hook," to sell the game to publishers. The 4v1 mechanic kind of made balance impossible, and they had to do away with a lot of the cool shit they wanted.

If they could have gotten the game funded and done their own thing, I'm sure Evolve would have been cool as fuck, but it was ruined thanks to 2K being money-grubbing assholes.

Fan infected always suck because they usually just look like existing infected or they do something impossible like growing wings and extra limbs, or even worse add zombie animals.

Imagine if we just got ONE new campaign per year. How fucking cheap it would be for them to do...

Attached: 1553866171391.jpg (634x636, 80K)

HUHUHHUUHUHUHGGG

Attached: 5879468.gif (640x360, 1.64M)

Attached: The Gazer.jpg (720x960, 91K)

Attached: The Ogre.jpg (720x960, 83K)

They kinda had an idea like that when L4D was in development, they had a screamer zombie instead of Boomers.

They were regular-sized, straightjacket-wearing zombies, which upon sighting survivors would run away and scream loudly to attract a horde, hence the name. However, they were hard to pick out in a crowd, and almost impossible to stop from screaming once they ran off.

ew

Attached: 1553957922548.jpg (329x399, 44K)

I love these designs and their concepts. You could easily make the excuse that these Infected are due to a mutated strain of the Green Flu that causes more heavy mutations.

Pretty much. This isn't Dead Space, where more fantastical designs are the norm because of space magic viruses.

>this was made in 2009
>almost 10 years ago

Holy fuck. Where did the time go?

Attached: 1532179428478.png (950x596, 178K)

>stare rape

tasteless

watch how another 10 years go by just like that

Truely all we can do is suffer.

Attached: f2.jpg (547x406, 32K)

The mutations that the Green Flu does cause are all within relative possibility of the human body. Of course they'd never happen in real life, but what I mean is that they're more down to earth mutations, ones that make sense in the context of the human body - the Spitter, for instance, is spitting up its stomach acid. It makes sense. Shooting lightning from your eyes or growing wings does not.

Ha-ha here's my l4d3 monster concept a bunch of oppai zombies crush the players to death with their gaint breasts full of zombie milk and if you drink too much you turn into a zombie and attack the humans hahah
She cute

Attached: sEadSKe7L.jpg (3500x2954, 956K)

OW THE EDGE

Attached: The Cell.jpg (720x960, 54K)

Even with the 4v1 mechanic I still maintain evolve could have been hailed as a classic had it been fortunate enough to come out before publishers went maximum overjew.

Sound just like real women
L4d confirmed censorsed by women

Attached: jhvskpulyrp21.jpg (3024x4032, 1.62M)

They were male zombies. Go back to /pol/.

MOTHERF- MOTHERF- MOTHERF- MOTHERF- MOTHERF- MOTHERF- MOTHERF- MOTHERF- MOTHERF- MOTHERF- MOTHERF- MOTHERF- MOTHERF- MOTHERF- MOTHERF- MOTHERF-

/pol/ thinks vidya is degenerate tho all they play is tactikkkool edgy sims

Attached: lqd928ikuep01.jpg (640x304, 62K)

Versus was my favorite mode, coop suck.

Finally. A man with some goddamn taste.

CO CO C C C C COA COACH COAC CO CO CCOACH COAHC COC COC COCUAC COAHC COSC COA COS OC C CAOCH CKACH COAHC COAHC COAHC OCAHC COCHA DCOCNCO COCC OC XOSCH COAJC COJ COC OC C COACH COA COC COC CC C COCAHC COACH COACH CKACH COC OCCOAHC COC COC CO C CKACH CO COC COC COC COAC COA COACCOK COCNC C C COODOCC C C C C X X C COACH COSCH COACH DCOXJCC KCC COC XC COSHC COAHC COACH COACH COACH COACH COC COC C OACH COAXH COC COC C COACHC C C COC XO DNCOAHC CODA COCKXOCKC X CKC COC CCOAXH XOAHC XOCO XOX COD XOCX X X XX C C C COC C C OC CCOC OC COACH

Attached: IMG-20190328-WA0007.jpg (1080x596, 122K)

You bring up a good point but I feel the developers may wanted to go crazier with the mutant zombies going by one of the scrapped concepts for L4D2, being The Leaker which could grew cancerous little blobs that it could pull off and throw and they would explode like bombs.

You could argue that the fact they scrapped it is a testament to how grounded the mutations are supposed to be but I'm the "just do it because it's cool" kind of guy, I just think shit like flying zombies would be cool regardless of canon reasons.

epic🙁

Aw, come on man, you ain't afraid of a little MOTHERF-

i hope we see a third installment before 2022

I can only imagine how people would react if these were the new infected for Left 4 Dead 3.

Already in development.

Attached: back 4 blood.jpg (1400x788, 126K)

L4D2's Desert Eagle is fun as fuck to use. Prove me wrong.

I feel like L4D shouldn't have a third game. There's nothing new to do to the formula that'd be worth the time and resources. I'd much prefer Valve making a brand new IP that isn't on a meme platform/genre.

Attached: 1548057049144m.jpg (607x1024, 110K)

You could still do more with it.
The current limitations are a problem with the Source engine.

Nothing speaks against more creative zombies, physic games, guns and settings.

tasteless

>a shitty knock-off that will make people realize ValvE created L4D and not Turtle Rock

>physics games in l4d
VALVE HIRE THIS MAN

Can i prove that Desert Eagle in L4D2 isnt fun to use? probably not.
Can i prove there are better options? definetily.
although a shot from a Deagle has a big punch, it doesnt even compare with slashing 6 zombies at the same time with a katana, also melee weapons are great to fuck around with if you want to punish a special infected for fucking up a move.

I would like to see a new game made using the L4D formula in UE4. I think with the upgraded engine they could do quite a bit more with it.

Same here, after versus the predictable AI wasnt fun anymore

Not him, and I basically agree 100%, but the deagle can be surprisingly good at destroying a hordr mobbing in front of you if you're good with it. If you space your shots apart well enough, each one goes through all zombies behind the target, and you can mince a horde pretty quick that way. I've done it a couple of times to like 25 zombies right in front of me without taking damage.

After talking to other players on the TF2 Party Van servers last weekend, I'd like to try hosting a L4D2 Van sometime this weekend. We already have a server capable of supporting 32 survivors without bots, so player count won't be an issue.
Would you guys be interested? If so, would 32 man Campaign with increased spawns or 16v16 Realism Versus be better? Other than increasing Tank HP, what other modifications/plugins should I look into?

The Hive's pretty cool, even if he is similar in silhouette to the Smoker. The others are too overdesigned for my taste.

>Using anything but the tactical shotgun

Absolute god tier taste in weaponry there friend.

Just do 32 survivors with increased spawns first. Once people get bored of that switch it to 16v16 versus.

City 17, White Forest, Ravenholm

Is l4d still popular? Kinda have the feeling of playing it again

3 has been in development but i heard it got cancelled because they couldn't decide whether to finish it on source 2 or unity. turtle rock is making a spiritual successor called back 4 blood though

>block the doors by smashing boxes, bodies and shitloads of stuff so the survivors could never be able to move without wasting shitloads of time
You must be evil incarnate.
Yes, i know the block on the No Mercy run but that would be just awful and annoying as fuck.

>become the tank
>hit a car/box/block/rock into the direction of the saferoom door
>if it hits the right spot there is a zero chance for the survivors to make it into the room and therefore they lose the round

Left 4 Dead was never balanced

So...a better Smoker?

I only get meme mods to make my game a hellhole

Yes, actually.

1 or 2?

>Can I make a suggestion?
>NO

2 because it has 1 in it
Ruined with the shitty meme infected, but it's still the more popular one.

2 has about 5k~ at any given time.

And you would rather make it even more broken?
I'm in.

L4D2 has 8k players online right now while KF2 (which currently has a special event + discount going and was free for 1 week) has 7500.
I'd just like to remind you all that TWI are fucking retards.

BOOMER

Attached: IMG_20180217_180748.jpg (747x639, 32K)

>join versus
>get kicked

Attached: 1439098136645.jpg (500x500, 117K)

youtube.com/watch?v=xw-jSymE76o

Name your favorite survivor and infected Yea Forums
Nick and The Male Boomer for me.

Attached: -Nick-left-4-dead-2-38958808-245-291.jpg (245x291, 35K)

if you haven't played l4d2 actively for the past 5 years expect a kick on versus cuz elitist fag cult

Attached: albert_400.png (313x463, 123K)

IM COMING BILL, KEEP YOUR BEARD ON

Only shit i put into my game besides maps is stuff that was turned off for literally no reason, like the extra pistol models that are still in the files of the game

Hey Bill its your favorite, stairs!

But how do you play this without other players?

Francis' one liners are genuinely funny unlike some games with their forced humour

Attached: 1497377915776.jpg (640x633, 42K)

A better Smoker but also with healing capabilities, the infected equivalent of the Medic. Illustration also shows that it can block entries to safe rooms with a wall of vines.

>inb4 i summoned that retard with the webm with the anime characters dancing """"japanese humour"""

BOOMER youtube.com/watch?v=f7BW0nch7OU

will it have comics tho

>Illustration also shows that it can block entries to safe rooms with a wall of vines
That's neat but extremely specific, I'm a versus only player and that would be an entire dice roll. If he could block paths in general with large vines that'd be more utility.

Guys, we are walking around it!

The only mods that I use are for guns, maps and Bill in the place of Nick and Zoey replacing Rochelle.

Attached: 1548181448566.gif (235x240, 1.55M)

KIDDY LAND

I went too crazy with the add-ons and now my chainsaw is permanently stuck as some weird blade device. Went through the add-ons list three times to find it and reinstalled the game after deleting the folder and any trace of the game and it still persists.

>replacing Nick

>L4D2 is nearly ten years old
>Still find myself playing it every other week
I can't put my finger on why, it's just my favourite dumb zombie shooter.

Attached: 1449976429000.jpg (412x441, 83K)

>for Bill

Attached: 1553728740173.png (116x190, 30K)

I would to play it online with people but getting insta kicked from every game sucks ass

youtube.com/watch?v=wOBNrAtIhRo
betta grab everything i can

gotta boom

They literally made the game to be replayable indefinitely. It's quite amazing how well the game handles repetitive play

Spitter mains rise up

>Hey BILL, this boat's got wheels!

Louis, if you don't stop being positive, I'm gonna sink the boat just to make you sad.

Anyone wanna play some Versus L4D2?

Add me: steamcommunity.com/id/skintightskintape

Wow, OP here, I never expected this thread to get so damn popular, we should make a general, and all play together like you suggested.

Attached: IMG_20190316_095248.jpg (474x486, 19K)

I try not to use mods just for simplicity's sake. No one really wants to do map mods
However I do have kamikaze zombies and Tank Hill

"FOOTBALL!"
youtube.com/watch?v=M1uVi41I1oc

me too generally, but I really like modded weapon sounds as well

LoZ OoT Forest and Fire Temples

GRABBIN PUUUKE

Attached: He+said+he+wants+some+good+ol+fashioned+cola+_9d90762fe09619fac32bbe50c4c737be.jpg (480x360, 18K)

OH SHIT

SHOOT IT
(At a distance of course)

Shoot the big guy pounding me into the ground!

Attached: med_1510960554_image.jpg (640x465, 54K)

Try simply disabling or unsubscribing to every addon you have, delete the left 4 dead folder completely including content steam doesnt uninstall and redownload.

Attached: IMG_20190330_073607.jpg (2100x1900, 636K)

L4D always felt stiff and uncomfortable

Hey yall need some help over here!

Attached: 550_screenshots_20190209212627_1.jpg (1360x768, 317K)

I CAN'T DO THIS ON MY OWN, COULD USE SOME HELP

Attached: nick.jpg (1280x720, 155K)

>"I hate [insert random object here]"

Attached: Francis_Profile.png (287x384, 91K)

like? bhop?

>still have friends I met playing L4D to this day

Just hanging out with my bros.

Why is there not a L4D2 weekly steam group?

Literally smoker
Literally hunter
Literally hunter with car alarm
Literally spitter
Literally spitter too
Literally witch
Literally tank with car alarm

Make something mechanically different and require different approach

I like the idea of a infected that has a bunch of passive effects rather then a specific attack skill.

Like maybe your screen gets hazy if you and the infected are looking at one another, or it has a tough body that will stagger anyone that uses a melee on it

and you literally smoke cocks
suck my fuck faggot

I want an infected that cant move very fast but has extremely high health and resistance. With a very specific weakness being that it's a huuuge target

The vanilla 6 SI already cover most if not all of the bases, though. The only mechanically different thing I can think of is healing other Infected, but SI aren't supposed to live that long anyways. Besides, a Medic Infected healing the Tank would be stupidly overpowered.

What would differentiate other infected from the existing cast without being redundant?

I think they need to make an infected that halts progress be being so big that it blocks the way forward. Like that meat wall concept art. Survivor's going full speedrun mode is one of the biggest problems and it's almost impossible to counter

>those peak comfy versus servers where you can always play as infected
Is there anything better?

We don't have an airborne infected. It could lift survivors off the ground and slowly get higher the longer you're grappled. Get high enough and the drop is an insta incap

Is there any other game that does playing as the "monsters" as well as l4d? Natural selection is dead and that's the only other one I know of.