Is Subnautica scary, spooky, or just unnerving?

Is Subnautica scary, spooky, or just unnerving?

Attached: gyju.png (1920x1080, 1.2M)

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/subnautica/mods/92
youtu.be/2Oi4Wnvv9I0
youtube.com/watch?v=lAupJzH31tc
subnautica-belowzero.fandom.com/wiki/Temperature
youtube.com/watch?v=cG8YdwCVZSc
youtube.com/watch?v=5r5-MPLKrIk
youtube.com/watch?v=5DH9IZ01Qqg
youtube.com/watch?v=xFQ_fO2D7f0
youtu.be/qziliy4tbx4?t=71
youtube.com/watch?v=pfwdm5W2lWs
youtube.com/watch?v=1gSoTZMCrjY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not really unless you're scared of the ocean

Frustrating because all you can do is run away from retarded AI.

Only scary for the first few hours and not because of the creatures but because of the fear of unknown

peenus
weenus

you can kill anything with a stasis + a knife, takes a lot of time, but it's possible

its boring

Yeah fantastic gonna stab this retard crabsquid to death for 15 minutes only for it to respawn. As satisfying as grappling onto a reaper and punching it to death is, it's fucking pointless if it doesn't GO AWAY.

Spooky. The creature designs and general art style is bit too goofy for it to be unnerving, and unless you have a serious fear of depths it's not scary. Spooky describes it best.

eerie. I like to play in creative mode because I'm a babby and it's just a little eerie at the bottom of the ocean where really all you hear are whale songs and your vision stops after 10 feet save for the glowing things in the distance.

the only unnerving part of subnautica is when you reach that underground area and realize that you can't make it to the surface in time if your vehicle gets destroyed

Hardly spooky, it's a family game, they can't go make it realistic because the devs wanted to play with their children or something like that, I would prefer a game close to those posts someone made years ago.

The game was never supposed to be about Eldritch abominations raping your mind.

AYO HOL UP
SO YOU BE SAYIN

Let's just get this out of the way
>no gloves in ice cold water

its fuckin garbage

it would be good with see creatures like this, that might aswell even exist deep down there

Attached: 1528957572970.jpg (1920x1080, 257K)

Why the fuck are you killing things you mongoloid? Why did you a buy a game entirely focused on exploration with the expectation that you're going to kill everything?

Not eldritch abomination, but animals like this, fuck, Subnautica have an eldritch creature, but their design don't feel like fishes or natural animals, more like chinese plastic kid toys.

Attached: 40614F9700000578-4509854-image-a-15_1494917449993.jpg (962x924, 132K)

Why would something that big go for something that small? It's like picking up a breadcrumb off the floor and eating it at that point, the ocean ain't that poverty.

creatures this size would never even bother killing a human

Because this dumb niggerfish is getting in the way of my exploration and trying to eat me. Survival of the fittest motherfucker, this is my ecosystem now.

I do have a fear of the ocean and Goddamn was this a white-knuckle ride.

Early in the game (the first one), when you have to go to the massive ship with all the Leviathans around it. I did it with my eyes sort of half-closed, during the daytime, and still flipped my shit when I got grabbed and fucking EJECTED from my sub into the water amidst those monsters.

I love this game.

And Jonas was swallowed by a Whale

They respawn instantly in subnautica, killing leviathans is a waste of time

To be honest, Subnautica environment is boring when you compared to our own sea.

Attached: 2007_08_30_16_47_13.jpg (1001x750, 357K)

That's my point. Good job at following the conversation.

the shilling for this game on this board is unreal, at least you've finally quit using the fucking steam header image as the OP lol

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 134K)

shut the fuck up nigger

>swimming around the big ol crashed ship
> it fets foggier and the seafloor is much lower than I can reach at that point
>draw distance becomes shorter and all I can see is black in the water
>hear a loud screech and this long red fanged fucker swims out of nowhere, tries to attack me, misses and fucks off again
I literally spent the rest of my time in that area whimpering until I made it back to the shallower areas

Survival is based on margins.

Sure you can wait around for a big mouthful. But that might be awhile. And big things can fight back. Sucking in every crumb can keep you going until the big meal comes along.

Good but the developers don't support after launch, which sucks.
They had numerous creatures and features planned for post-release updates but they never made it in. Some of those features have since made it into below zero, but others have just disappeared.
Some of their unused creatures are really cool too💢

Attached: Arctic_Concept_Art.jpg (676x1050, 141K)

the whole scary thing is a meme. the giant fish things are the "scary" thing in that game and I ran into one like 10 minutes in and it just wanders around unless you get too close. other than that there are dudes who teleport you to them and attack and can pull you out of your vehicle but their attacks are so weak you're never in any danger. the most dangerous thing in that game is going into wreckage and spinning around and having trouble figuring out which way is up while you're running out of air.

I found the whole game comfy.

>Not having superior intellect to deal with the Leviathans
You really are an smooth brain subhuman, I bet you also complain about any other games where you can't just press buttons randomly to solve basic problems

it would have been really cool if subnautica featured more ocean life. imagine going to an area and the whole ocean floor is a bunch of crabs migrating.

It stops being scary as soon as you get the stasis rifle

The head dev was so upset that he couldn't put a female MC into the first game that he made it the top priority for BZ and halted all work on the first game to punish the people who preferred bug fixes and more content to a female MC.

People with thalassophobia are pussies

Attached: 1547692481924.jpg (479x331, 17K)

>I have never heard of the biggest living mammal on our planet

Unused crabsquid variant

Attached: Deek Deek Deek.jpg (1300x886, 136K)

OwO cute

Do humans swim in swarms of millions of individuals? Do you think a whale would go for one single krill? Moron

Neither, its pretty much a meme at this point to act like subnautica scare you.

r63 of Grabsquid when

Attached: dujyfu.png (1920x1080, 1.04M)

>push buttons randomly
>grapple to his face and punch repeatedly until the "OH NO" animation plays and he swims through a wall (and comes right back)
>shit an entire seamoth cargo bay of gas pods into it's mouth for the same effect
>Waste materials on useless fuck torpedos
Yeah I found the perfect way to deal with them.

nexusmods.com/subnautica/mods/92

>you can actually watch yourself sliding down the Squidshark's throat into its belly and be engulfed by the Spike Trap and chewed for a few seconds before the death fade out happens

Harpoon gun

The ocean sure is a crazy place.

Attached: Jellyfish Marianas.webm (1280x720, 2.2M)

I take it this is from the DLC/expansion?

No idea if this was was going to a predator or what

Shit, forgot image

Attached: 11057723_10153676646102566_4774433004866747960_o.jpg (1600x933, 91K)

It’s fucking nightmare fuel for us who’ve tried VR and surround sound

I loved the poll they made on twitter that was basicly "new female lead" vs "bug fixes" and bug fixes won with like 90%

Those goddamn toxic cis white males and their
*rolls dice*
Level geometry!

>he has to cheat to play a piss easy, relaxing exploration game
I'm surprised you admitted that. Embarrassing dude.

Someone should 1 up this game and you get stuck in the middle of the pacific ocean instead with a shitty lifeboat raft thing and similar building materials. Our oceans are much more dangerous, just as unmapped and full of creatures we don't know of. You could really set the game on earth and it would work.

Real life ocean looks and feels like an alien world, then some devs try to make an alien ocean and fails miserably.
>Just add big colorful eyes
>And big leathery tentacles
There is an entire book about a possible alien environment, and they fuck ignore it.

Attached: 1547684310550.webm (540x360, 993K)

I'm sorry you stick to the shallows and don't venture further. They've lost their right to respawn if they can't best the prawn's fists.

What a shame.

Attached: Cockatoo Squid.webm (1280x720, 1.03M)

>Not killing them with a common knife like a viking would
>Not welcoming the arrival of a new challenger for the thrill of another kill it produces you
>Not mastering seamoth advanced navigation to the point you can flex every >Leviathan with your superior speed and mobility
>Not being the Apex predator by skills alone
Dabbing on you my dude

Apparently the devs are thinking of adding a massive tentacle to the void in below zero
I wonder if it's this thing

Attached: Unknown_Creature_Concept_Art.jpg (500x500, 48K)

>Apparently the devs are thinking of adding a massive tentacle to the void
That's just a euphimism for dilation.

Ocean life deserves to be eradicated, except for dolphins, orcas and fishes. The rest are too fucking creepy

cuck game made by a cuck dev who prioritizes diversity instead of bugfixing and adding new content

Have you considered they might have done that on purpose so that exploration aspect and not fear inducing fauna was the major selling point of this game?

Nah man.

Attached: shark pet.webm (1280x720, 2.55M)

You can't do that without affecting the other.

It's a great concept for a game, that though it does have it moments, is ruined by the cartoony art direction and lame creature designs. I hope in the future a studio that isn't led by fags sets out to do basically the same thing but with more depth and makes the creatures as scary as ones that actually exist

mother fuck that's adorable

Attached: 1348890767161.gif (285x214, 2.98M)

>being scared of harmless creatures that consist to 99% of water
lmao

>you live in the same solar system as this user

Attached: 1362494559370.jpg (344x209, 20K)

Sharks are homies we need land sharks to deal with are infestation of dark trash on the land. They deal with the sea and clean up dark trash that tries to pass by ship. The italians are based and try to provide shark with fresh meat from the middle east.

Whales open their mouths and swallow thousands of Krill. They wouldn't bother with just one.

Post your Eldritch abominations or btfo bruh

Sharks are pretty cute when they want head pats and rubs.

Attached: shark rub.webm (720x404, 1.94M)

They used harpoons to hunt large sea creatures, because being tough =/= fighting like a retard.

Whales will pass up krill if they aren't condensed enough. The amount of energy required to open their mouth and filter out all the water is greater than what they get out of a bad catch.

true and carnivorepilled

Attached: 1378259866716.png (948x535, 570K)

Barotrauma

>The italians are based and try to provide shark with fresh meat from the middle east.
Kek, based post

Attached: 1416461537461.jpg (218x265, 21K)

That's a fish, they would be pardoned

>except for dolphins
dolphins are the worst assholes of the ocean
they kill shit for fun and literaly gangrape other lonely dolphins or even different aquatic mammals

I'm glad we understand each other, now become the Apex predator your mother knows you could become

ROBERT!

Yeah but they are intelligent and pleasant to look at

Neither, but it's great fun.

H-He's fast!

Definitely scary if you can get past how shit most of the game is
kiddie pool/spawn
>friendly dogs and farty bois
slightly further away
>sharks and loud as fuck sentient mushrooms the size of a building
even further away
>pitch black, can't see shit
>sweaty bullets at the claustrophobic sensation creeps further
>battery on little sub draining quickly
>all of the sudden hear a horrifying sound and jerk in the direction of it
>there's a 3 story tall translucent metroid fucking staring right at me
>shit a literal brick and start to zoom away
>hear another sound and all of the sudden i'm upside down in a random place, completely disoriented and my ship is getting hit
>look around while panicking and see pic related except its far darker
>exit the game instantly
Haven't played it since, game sucks haha h-ha

Attached: Subnautica-Warper.jpg (1280x720, 175K)

Hopefully not for long, Mr Jellyfish

I am thalassophobic, so for me it is. It makes me uncomfortable as soon as I look down

>crabs migrating
wow, spooky as fuck

kek

>Not wanting underwater spiders
youtu.be/2Oi4Wnvv9I0

Attached: 1547682923160.jpg (1080x1426, 97K)

Attached: just keep swimming.webm (1280x720, 2.78M)

it's not the scariest thing out there but I find it kind of unnerving

Attached: Spider-Crab-Pyramid-with-Geoffrey-2-1024x768.jpg (1024x768, 222K)

Never underestimate a crab user.

Attached: squid on the ocean floor.webm (1280x720, 2.35M)

How do cuck developers not allow weapons but knives are okay which do more death and mutilation per capita than guns ever do?

25 hours in. Still building bases. Haven't gone past 1200 m. Hunting for blueprints fucking blows. I wish the blueprints had GPS on them and not just the lifepods and shit.

What does he eat ?
Why is it translucent ?

Attached: squid.jpg (1240x774, 119K)

not him, but I'm sure it'd look creepy seeing for the first time
somewhat related youtube.com/watch?v=lAupJzH31tc

Mythology /= actual animal behavior

Knives are tools with a variety of uses. Guns are only for killing things.

I hope the devs can implement their idea for that in the game. Imagine straying too close to a brincicle and getting frozen in it.

>eggsack on the dead one

Attached: 1349402460373.jpg (559x431, 20K)

because if you could shoot everything you come across easily the game would have zero tensino

Based shark bros.

Made me shiver.

I don't know user, what do you think pic related eats?

Attached: crabsquid.jpg (1920x1089, 310K)

He feeds on your fears and nightmares of course

Attached: shark friend.webm (720x404, 2.54M)

It can be unnerving at first, especially your first night. I couldn't get into it though. The creatures design and visuals are a little too far over the cartoony line to instill any fear or anxiety in my personally. When I encounter a Reaper, or Leviathan, I should be afraid and not thinking how goofy it looks.

I love Subnautica but I feel like it could do better with the open ocean feel. Some of the deepest places in the base game that aren't in a fucking cave are only around 300/400 meters and there's no true aphotic zone which really limits the scares

>Guns are only for killing things.
which is more than enough when you don't want to be killed by something that wants you dead
like, say, being trapped on a planet with hostile predators, or wanting to feed yourself

Attached: 1525456846043.png (700x700, 658K)

Yes, and why should I not kill the angry sea monster attacking me?

Guns are tools for defence against anyhing aggressive. Not the guns fault niggers with multiple felony records steal them and go rob a liquor store killing the storeworkers.

>Game is advertised as "below zero"
>no infos about a frost mechanic yet
>the character doesn't even have gmoves

Attached: 1525317322772.png (640x628, 10K)

Hey, that game looks like it has the potential to be good user, I'll keep updated on it.

I'm pretty sure they made the creature designs cartoony exactly because they didn't want people to be too scared. Thalassophobia is very common.
It's not supposed to be a horror game exactly.

glad I'm not the only one lmao

that's a bio-weapon so it has a reason for being so weird and dumb looking, the rest of the shit in the game doesn't have that excuse though, I mean what the hell were they thinking with this garbage?

Attached: Sea_Dragon_Leviathan_Fauna.png (1350x1080, 1.21M)

>brincicle
w-why would you do this to me user

I think the problem with the creatures is that you can't harvest them.
Imagine creating an underwater armor of leviathan leather. Probably they didn't do that so you don't have a productive insentive to kill.

>simple harpoon guns would be cool
>WTF THIS IS LITERALLY SANDY HOOK?

Attached: 1530309756185.gif (435x331, 1.03M)

as someone who is afraid of deep water, thank you for fueling my nightmares

this design doesnt really scare me honestly. Neither do any of the designs in these games. I appreiciate what the devs tried to do, in making an alien-ocean world survival game, but if theyre going to put these giant creatures in the game as obstacles, they should try their hardest to make the truly scary.

>we don't have Pressure threads on/v/ anymore
>mfw we don't need them because we got subnautica

Attached: 1541421633578.png (854x631, 1.02M)

why do gamers get so butthurt when they can't shoot everything in their games?

Warpers are only hostile if you're infected (you have green arms and shit).

We like to shoot everything in our games.

Why do cuck sòy drinking game developers have the need to not include something because politics?

why do devs think harpoon guns are automatic baby killer 15's?

shooting things is fun. and when the only reason the devs decided to limit the shooting in a game, is for some retarded political reason, it is fairly frustrating.

I cannot understand how people find subnautica scary.
I guess watching nature and animal shows growing up desensitizes, I found the creatures interesting, but not at all scary.
Subnautica is so fucking cool but I wish the devs weren't so scummy. Like firing your audio guy who made your game half as cool as is for politics is hilariously petty.🐎

Attached: motherfucker.jpg (1920x1080, 291K)

These things spook the shit out of me more than anything in the game.

>game works perfectly without guns and is much more tense since you can't kill everything in sight
>w-why can't they make it easier for me! just let me shoot things, i don't want to be scared!
and then gamers pretend they're not sociopathic

they need the animals to interact more. no game ever makes wildlife that interacts very much it would actually turn it into an ocean if there were actual shit going on. where are the fish that hide in holes in the coral reef? there's like fucking 3 species of small fish when you consider their behavior most of them are reskins aside from the sulphur fish or whatever.

It definitely has the potential to become more unnerving in the future. But I believe they made a good decision at the very beginning with keeping Flora and fauna somewhat cartoons to attract wider audiences, full horror games tend to have smaller niche audiences.

>the ONLY way to make a game scary is to make the player character completely defenseless
People like you have RUINED the horror genre. Go fuck yourself.

Who says I'm pretending you cunt.

>and then gamers pretend they're not sociopathic
never pretended that, cool strawman though

Attached: 1527274534316.jpg (1265x1159, 1.11M)

>we need to make a new animal
>we have whales in cold water
>Yeah, add some tentacles and a weird mouth
>no one gives a shit
People actually wasted money on this.

Attached: 1543519692523.gif (180x160, 425K)

Thalassophobia is weirdly common even though it's mostly irrational, similar to arachnophobia or acrophobia

hope you get locked up soon, sick fucks
a game simply cannot be scary if you can kill everything you come across

You can't understand how being out of your element might unnerve people? How being at the potential mercy of something massive and carnivorous could frighten? You seem a bit stupid, m8. You don't have to empathize to understand, seems to me you didn't even bother trying either.

they don't respawn
you can gas them for way faster kills

>and then gamers pretend they're not sociopathic
you need to go back

>hope you get locked up soon, sick fucks
whatever for? because some sissy game shill tranny doesn't like my hobby?

>a game simply cannot be scary if you can kill everything you come across
I can't believe this is a real post. Resident Evil Remake is one of the most tense, and truly scary games ever made, and you can kill literally everything in it.

why even bother responding, it's an obvious falseflag
if you don't give them attention, they'll fuck off

What about the Mesmer?

subnautica-belowzero.fandom.com/wiki/Temperature
For you user, they seem to be gradually adding heat sources🐐

Who says I'm not already locked up you dumb fuck.

>I can't believe this is a real post. Resident Evil Remake is one of the most tense, and truly scary games ever made, and you can kill literally everything in it.
>zombies are scary
this is bait

>*
The absolute state of sociopaths

Why is it so hard for you retards to know that 70 digit iq niggers are the ones who perpetuate most gun violence? In the most gun controlled cities in the US to boot lmao.

you're bait

not my fault they're pussies😂

Resident evil is not a scary game, in the same way the Terminator movies aren't, resident evil is an action game.

This, horror is better off when you have a limited supply of ammo for a ranged weapon or some weaker melee weapon. Where you have to choose to fight or flight rather than being forced into flight.

Subnautica wasn't a particularly spooky game once I realized nothing followed you very long because you had no real way to fight back. Your only option was to run and the game is balanced around it.

It's weird because I'm usually a huge sissy when it comes to horror games but I didn't find Subnautica scary at all. Even in murky waters you can see pretty far and I didn't really have any issues avoiding the threats, with the notable exception of those teleporting cunts. But then you generally have plenty of time to swim away and use a medkit if that happens. I suppose if I was playing in harcore mode with permadeath I'd be more tense when that happens, but that would be true in Yoshi's Adventure as well.

I liked the game (although it gets grindy towards the end) but I definitely wouldn't recommend it as a "horror" game.

Name me a single successful explorer that didn’t bring weapons along.

I need to know which one is scarrierer? Ecco DotF or Subnaughtica? Who played both? Which ones more spoopy`??

Attached: glasstank_in_the_middle_of_the_ocean.webm (836x626, 493K)

It's not really supposed to be a horror game, is it?

>stomp stomp stomp stomp

Attached: resident-evil-2-remake-tyrant.jpg.optimal.jpg (1080x600, 75K)

It was never supposed to be an horror game, though I find that side of it as a plus.

No, it's trash

>immortal dude you can just make run laps around a fucking table
>scary

Attached: CUTE.webm (1920x1080, 2.52M)

Looks like a person in a costume.

It's a horror game for people with thalassophobia, for everyone else is a survival game with cartony monsters.

*Collects your piss and inner organs for later consumption*

Attached: fa05c9d6-4eed-44ae-828a-7cbfe9574785-bear.jpg (640x474, 44K)

>clack clack clack clack

Attached: mrsx.jpg (640x905, 45K)

You have a dozen ways to kill everything in the game except the Sea Emperor. You don't need a gun.

Attached: over 9000 hours in MS paint.png (251x1020, 165K)

Attached: 1445695675422.jpg (600x602, 32K)

what the fuck is her problem?

not even the seas are safe from crusading

Calm down, son, they're still working on the game.

Rule 34 when?

I can understand how some people are sissies with irrational fears they can't even get over even when it's a cartoony ass game, yes. Doesn't stop me from laughing at them.

youtube.com/watch?v=cG8YdwCVZSc

He’s not an explorer, he’s an actor.

>bro just stasis it and stab it for 10 minutes
truly, an immersive ocean faring experience

>monster designs ripped straight out of Insaniquarium
>scary

Attached: cover-256.png (360x256, 147K)

I didn't think so but I often see people say how spooky and scary the game is (like, this thread for instance) when to me it's rather tame and again I tend to scare pretty easily.

If anything I think I spooked more often in a game like Minecraft for instance because you're generally in confined environments hearing monsters close by and they can be harder to deal with if you're not prepared.

On the other hand in Subnautica I'd often notice the enemies way before they'd attack me and they're pretty easy to work around. If you decide to confront one it's usually your decision, not because you were surprised.

now THAT looks like an interesting design. I feel like the devs are a bunch of monkeys

I liked watching Vinny's streams of it. It was funny when he let that one fish out and near his base and it never left. All it did was just fuck around and go crazy all over the place.

Attached: 1309002052980.jpg (409x353, 29K)

Listen, fucker, I'm a Yea Forumsirgin, which means I'm all-powerful and amazing and have no fear of anything. All who feel fear are subhuman pussies.

this was my biggest dissapointment with this game
the big "final boss" monster being the one with worst design
it looks like a child's drawing and clips through the whole fucking arena they put him in

>if I mention one thing, which happens to be the one that takes the longest, I instantly win all arguments forever!

No shit, what sort of explorer are you looking for then? Entomologists? Eighteen century exploration is dead user, the world is already mapped and I assure you the scientist working in the jungles and oceans right now don't consider armament a priority

It's not a boss. It's simply the big threat of its area, like the Ghost Leviathan is the big threat of the Lost River and the Reaper is the big threat of all the surface biomes.

>Run around a table
Heh, nothing personal Mr.X

The fear was in you all along user, you could think of it as psychological

Scientists today are pretty gay desu

>Final boss
There are no bosses on this game user...

>which happens to be the one that takes the longest
takes much less time than using the weak ass gas torpedoes lol

This shit is why this game sucks. The fact you can't build up a way to fight back goes against the entire purpose of a survival game, and the stupid soiboy devs who don't want to "bwing mowe guwns into da wowld :'(" despite it being a virtual fucking video game that changes nothing IRL is proof that every game needs to modding. Monsters stop being scary and just start being annoying when you realize "nope, this stupid knife is the best you're gonna get."

Yes, but so are we :3

>It's not a boss.
no shit, that's why I put those quotation marks
it's still supposed to be the most threatening creature in the game and it sure as fuck doesn't look like it

At least we got these cute looking not-halflife-snarks, but not having little friendly dooks is still a big loss.
I hate that the devs keep ditching the best ideas, both on creatures and tools. The Transfuse gun was really promising, altering animal or giving yourself attributes by injecting alien DNA.

Attached: Trivalve_Fauna.png (1280x720, 3.53M)

>Mincruft ledz me use weepnz, giv me weepnz!!!!

Thalassophobia is extremely common. I think up to 50% of people have mild forms of it.

Attached: sharkette.webm (600x338, 2.71M)

Seamoth Perimeter Defense System
Ramming things with the Seamoth and cyclops
PRAWN drill arm
PRAWN punch arm
Propulsion Cannon + Crashfish ideally, anything else
Repulsion Cannon into the ground or walls
Gas Torpedo

Oh yeah man, you're so absolutely defenseless, not a single ding dang deng dong dung thing you can to to anything.

the game's biggest problem is it becomes less and less scarier the more you advance. From the "HOLY SHIT WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT SOUND?!" it becomes "Fuck off I try to collect items".
It also becomes less interesting the more you know about it and the more you expand. Instead of looking forward you just go with the flow, and that around midgame the devs rushed to release it as soon as possible, so endgame areas are just simply boring as fuck.

Attached: the beauty of the water.gif (500x502, 1.99M)

Attached: whale.webm (720x404, 1010K)

>The sea dragoon is goofy
I concede that, his design doesn't seem to fit well with the rest of the game, mostly cause he doesn't look like an ocean creature desu.
>It's the biggest threat
Lol, no. The biggest fish maybe

I found the game to be fairly unnerving, but I have mild thalassophobia. The only leviathan I found scary was the Reaper, but that was a product of no seamoth at the time. I think part of how goofy they look is a product of the engine, though was never scary or menacing. The worst design in the game by far. I'm hoping they do better with BL, but I'm going to buy it regardless. There aren't enough deep sea exploration games.

It’s disapponting.

I love the endless ocean games and thought this may be similar. Instead I got a game with weird cartoon aliens that aren’t even scary and constantly having to maintain inventory space and eat/drink stuff isn’t really fun.

>this is my basement now

>Push things away
>Push things away
>Barely does damage to anything, also melee so about as useful as the knife
>See above
>Push things away
>Push things away
>An actual fucking weapon
Great, you had one example.

Forgot a few steps here, mongoloid. Play some real survival games and maybe you'll know a thing or two about how they're meant to be made.

Attached: 697.png (1000x600, 453K)

Orcas are much scarier than sharks desu
About as dangerous as shark, but much, MUCH smarter. And they don't always hunt alone.

Except you spend energy chasing that small bite which might very well not make it worth it

>you can kill things however you like, even using live animals as projectiles for your futuristic slingshot
>except with guns because they hurt my feelings :(

The 'in setting' reasoning for why you don't get weapons is perfectly logical. It's a fucking dystopia.

The megacorp you work for is an absolute transglobalist state that doesn't want the least possibility of rebellion or interruption of profit (remember how even a simple PDA locked into 'survival mode' is tracking how many millions you 'owe' the fucking corp.... for mining THEIR resources on THEIR time.) The control and subversion is so throughout, so complete that even given all the resources and equipment to make weapons (a speargun would be hilariously easy to make with some pipe and air tanks) but main character is literally too retarded to imagine ever living outside of the narrowly defined role given to him by big daddy corp.

Remember the ship's doctor lamenting how he couldn't even set his own broken bone without the autodocs diagnosing and walking him through the treatment? You can't make a gun because you're playing an even more retarded moron who just got lucky in the landing and only wants to get back home so his corporate overlords can micromanage his useless ass while they make billions on his every discovery and achievement.

Attached: latest.jpg (1127x672, 42K)

I said it's supposed to be the biggest threat, not that it is

Attached: 1539150997080.gif (480x204, 2.84M)

"But that requires grug to think outside the box for a moment.
Grug doesn't want that.
Grug likes hugbox.
Grug wants big boom boom stick
Grug wants easy kill button!"

Attached: oogaboogaaa.jpg (800x450, 41K)

>is perfectly logical.
you mean shoehorned into the game after the devs started getting negative feedback for their "muh sandy hook" spiel?
yeah, pretty logical

Attached: 1546532678391.jpg (1078x1250, 243K)

>people kill leviathans all the time with the prawn suit
>"they suck you suck I suck fuck duck muck luck snuck guck!"
Dumbass.

Not every game needs to be Call of Duty or Resident Evil.

>youtube.com/watch?v=5r5-MPLKrIk
fuck man

Attached: 1553047156802.png (342x245, 100K)

Attached: 1525598828678.webm (1280x720, 2.07M)

la creatura..

The only Orcas you have to worry about are the ones at Seaworld.

Attached: Orca vs seal.webm (1280x720, 2.8M)

do they not teach shills to defend their game using anything but fallacies?
pretty pathetic tbdesu

Attached: 1546555885589.png (1127x672, 656K)

It is though. And beyond that, keeping weapons out of your hands works on a gameplay level so that you don't just murderkill every threat you come across.

>want harpoons
>WTF WHY DO YOU WANT AK47's?!
I like how this argument looped right back to the beginning, it's like shills have no argument to stand on at all

Attached: 1536809432837.gif (1067x720, 1.51M)

Attached: 1530250232850.gif (307x200, 1.25M)

I have sekiro and bloodborne as my badges user. You know, games where you each kill is something you deserve and they are not handed to you with some retarded feel safe weapon. I bet the hardest thing you've played was Halo where you could feel like the strongest warrior in the jungle and you could live your power fantasy from the very beginning. Noob :3

Attached: 1530555095959.gif (1228x716, 511K)

Fuck bobbit worms, man. I curse whichever god thought their existence was in any way a good idea.

>ywn get a tentaclejob from qt octopus
why even live

>murderkill every threat you come across
That’s been human behavior for millennia. Why should we abandon the attitude of our forefathers?

absolutely cringeworthy post, you can smell the /r/subnautica on this one

>Shoehorned
This is literally the lore of the whole game you dumbass

Attached: Bobbit worm.webm (854x480, 2.72M)

no

Orcas are bros though, they've never deliberately harmed humans, if you are a dolphin on the other hand.

i mean you'd have to be underage to be scared of a video game anyway...
not having a way for the player to defend themselves is usually a marker for a terrible game, in reality shit like outlast and amnesia just become running simulators where they'll try to jump scare you because even the devs know video games aren't actually scarey

>'In Setting'

Personally I find it more hilarious that if the meta reasoning was 'gun=bad' they somehow decided to make their setting into a Apple Branded Mongoloid Dystopia because that's the only 'pretty future' where they could justify being able to build a nuclear powered deep sea base, but no zip guns to defend yourself from a crabsquid.

They had to bend over backwards to justify 'no guns' and only ended up with a more depressing future than actual apocalypses like Fallout or Mad Max (because at least random wastelanders are still smart enough to build crossbows, harpoon guns, and gyrpocopters out of scrap without a surveillance AI reminding them to wipe their ass.)

and they start being scary again when you can two shot them with a rifle? the game has its problems but lack of a real combat system isn't one of them, it turns the focus away from dominating your surroundings to integrating with them which is a welcome change of pace from the usual survival game formula

>I have sekiro and bloodborne as my badges user

Attached: 1541302867707.gif (200x150, 1.26M)

bobbit worms are a fucking nightmare if they infest your aquarium
noticing fish disappearing or only half a fish floating around is infuriating because now you gotta catch the little fucker, but good fucking luck, the bastards can literally bite your fingers off

youtube.com/watch?v=5DH9IZ01Qqg

>and they start being scary again when you can two shot them with a rifle?

Woah what a gamer.

Cope

>bobbit worms are a fucking nightmare if they infest your aquarium
How ?

Attached: 1543619999704.png (492x317, 17K)

none of them, the artstyle is too cartoony

a baleen whale's throat can't fit a human

larvae

None of the above. I'm afraid of the sea and Subnautica never really scared me.

being able to kill things in a horror game makes it not a horror game

And they break off segments of their body really fucking easily under tension, which they can then regrow themselves from. Fuck bobbit worms.

It's super unnerving for me in VR. Deep water is scary.

There’s nothing irrational about fear of the ocean

I didn't know Silent Hill wasn't a horror game
learn something new every day

Let this be a lesson for you user, remember to wash your fishy friends with soap at least once a week.

Imagine being this retarded.

Is that what happened? We needed less story, more sandbox. I don't know why they doubled down on the linearity and story.

I just wanted The Long Dark but underwater.

No earthly cleanser can stop the bobbit worm from going where the bobbit worm pleases.

To be fair VR transforms normal games in horror games and horror games in literal nightmares.

it's not just being scared for your safety, it's having an intense fear of large bodies of water no matter the situation
being scared after falling off a cruise ship isn't irrational, but being panicked while sitting in a boat with a life-vest on while in a lake is

didn't they add voice acting for the MC too?

Attached: creature_attack.webm (640x480, 1.64M)

Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world.

'Cept for all those horror games where you can kill things.

Attached: 1548653669098.png (1727x792, 1.2M)

We get it, you're seething over Subnautica not being Call of Duty and are absolutely assblasted that the devs didn't cater to your specific needs and desires.

Attached: 1548826742073.jpg (960x854, 99K)

Resident evil is not an horror game

Why do you need harpoons when you have the Propulsion Cannon and Repulsion Cannon?

Attached: Vampire Squid.webm (1280x720, 2.13M)

Attached: 1532030515459.webm (1280x720, 1.59M)

let's see how many times I need to link this post before the shills abandon this non argument

Truthpill? He was closing his eyes every time the divers left hand was getting close to them, he was protecting a vital area. Sharks are not pets and they aren't human they are wild animals and you aren't a kid and should stop imposing human characteristics on them.

i don't see how that would be any less tedious than the knife against leviathan class organisms, as a tool i can see the appeal of a harpoon though. Harpoon a giant reaper and tether it to your seamoth and it'll drag you back to its otherwise hard to find den as it flees to lick its wounds. That's it though, I don't see what advantage there is in fighting back when the story urges you to flee, there's no point in conquering your environment because you're going to be leaving it anyway

god abandoned us specifically because of bobbit worms🙁

Not to mention the stasis rifle

What are you buying?

dracula would be proud

Attached: 1536446951748.webm (720x468, 1.99M)

>There's nothing irrational about being scared while playing a cartoony videogame that is not supposed to be scary at all
Ok user

stasis rifle makes killing anything trivial. Just stasis, then knife it like an autist until the effect lasts, rinse and repeat

ramming things with the seamoth mostly damages the seamoth. the tiny fish splat though

This is the sort of stuff you would expect to see in a Lovecraft book

itt: posts that unnerve you

a video game cannot come close to our own megasoup yeah

because it gives devs the excuse to put a gun in the game without putting a gun because single shot harpoon guns are apparently scawy Automatic Killer 47's

God never abandoned us. It’s the other way around.

>Things have to be labeled scary for you to find them scary
Under that same logic I should label every game you play fun, for you to find them fun.

I don't find the game scary, but definitely unnerving at times. There is something ominous about vast, open ocean. It goes against all natural instincts of land animals. You are vulnerable from every possible direction.

climate change can't nuke the ocean fast enough

Now that's just a fucking Aboleth.

I agree

its a shame really because harpoon guns are fucking cool

Attached: greenerhp.jpg (1920x1013, 1.54M)

In deep ocean nobody can hear you scream

Attached: 1554218183926.jpg (1152x758, 161K)

The reactions to this sign that usually show up are why we will never be able to forever sequester radioactive waste (and why ancient evils are always revived)

plankton and algae makes the air breathable. let me know if you find something else to breathe.

Attached: literally Hitler.jpg (1147x760, 40K)

>Resident Evil 2 is a survival horror game developed and published by Capcom

Okay how about Aliens: Isolation? Silent Hill? The Evil Within? Dead Space? Alone in the Dark?

You hair splitting faggot.

Already addressed that, why do you need a harpoon when you have two cannons that do the same thign and more?

the point of the ocean being boiling hot from top down to the lowest low possible we would already be dead anyway

Anything smaller than a Sea Treader dies in two/three hits with the Seamoth and then you simply repair it.

Attached: 1553870959471.webm (1728x720, 1.94M)

in that case why have a knife?

So now you have to constantly make harpoons for it, wasting all the titanium you need for other things?

>Alien
Alright
>Silent Hill
K
>Evil within
Boring but ok
>Dead space
Ok
Alone in the dark
>Meh
Those are mostly horror games alright, you are still gay

Actually climate change will improve the life of some sea creatures, I remember reading something about certain octopus species having a population boom with the rising temperature.

Because a knife is a tool that can be used for many tasks. A harpoon has one single use.

They should ban the knife too

Okay but just because you can shoot things doesn't mean you can go "Oh that's not a REAL horror game if you can kill monsters in it." All no true Scotsman up in here.

Soon

Attached: octo2.webm (853x480, 867K)

The story made the first game worth it. Sandbox procedurally generated survival games are oversaturated and boring af

Not the same user tho

How about fatal frame?

You shoot things... with a camera!

then why have the stasis gun? apparently the repulsion cannon is all you need?

Never played it

>The vampire squid (Vampyroteuthis infernalis, lit. "vampire squid from Hell")

Sometimes you just want to take things slow you know?

Then why reply?

Whatever. The user who made that argument in the first place is gay.

then why not have a harpoon? the stasis gun's only purpose is to make living things slow after all

That's sad, by today standards is pretty clunky but still scary

If anything not being able to fight back makes it LESS scary

It’s just you running from the spooky until you get caught, then a death animation you’ve seen already plays and whoop back to the checkpoint to do it all over again

The patrician way would be to give you something to fight back with (a gun, bat, fists etc.) but make it so ineffective at killing as to make it useful only for knockbacks.

Something you try and fight but fail at will always be scary than something that you passively HAVE to run away from.

Attached: 9B62484A-D747-4E86-8FB5-0534141AF9E7.gif (264x264, 1.37M)

Using a stasis rifle to stop a monster is pretty much the same as killing it if you think about it.
Both options stop the enemy from attacking you and both require input from the player to preform.
But the stasis rifle is pretty much an instakill weapon fully charged it freezes a monster in place for 30 sec and uses 5% charge each or 6.5 sec for 1% charge so just insta cast then charge shot boom monster is basically "dead" fucking shit ez mode game no wonder faggots praise it

I didn't realize subnaughtica looked like this. Might have to give it a try.

fitting name for a squid that actively drowns people

but think of Sandy Hook :(

Cause resident evil has not been about fear for a long time fren, we are good on the rest, and yeah, everyone in this site is gay.

Neat
Also that's way faster than the Levi's

There are things you can't explore if they move too much

They look better in their intended lighting imo

Attached: bustanut.jpg (800x450, 61K)

Saving face for your company as a whole isn't petty, it's protective. Silly butthurt /pol/lack.

They are almost unkillable without nuking everything else in the aquarium.

There are stories from (probably insanely rich or just insane) coral tank hobbyists that have done stuff like feed them epoxy, cut them to pieces only to have them re-emerge more pissed a week later. They bore into rocks and only move around at night so catching them in the act is a huge task. All the while the fucker is killing your fish one by one.

Attached: moutscream.jpg (493x637, 88K)

Not having cartoon graphics would help

>when you consider their behavior most of them are reskins
You could make the se. argument for pretty much all fish. Big spook comes around? Most hide away. Hole or no holes, also hole seeking fish would be annoying to program on top of all the other shit they're bad at programming.

Oh shit I completely misunderstood the question. Their larvae can survive in certain kinds of rock people buy for aquariums.

Wild animals can enjoy being caressed, you autistic sperg.

Oh great another shill thread. Fuck off your game isn't scary its low poly kiddy shit. the fish aren't scary you look at them for 5 seconds and think wow thats kinda cool and then from then on they are just a nuisance that you have to swim past.

>what are whales

jesus guys you need to try harder than that. you are making it too obvious.

It's not a beholder or any of the popular monsters so no one will notice
A really scummy tactic

I feel like this thing would be a lot more intimidating without the white ring eye.

good question, what ARE whales

Attached: hwhale.jpg (660x495, 29K)

>no one gives a shit
it's still in EA, user.
And I liked the whales, get fucked

big wolves with no hind legs

t. 400 pounds of lard

That would take talent
A rarity especially amongst indie

Do Bobbit worms have natural predators ?

It's slightly faster than the Reaper but also slightly smaller (40-44m compared to 55m). I'm wonder how the shadow Leviathan and Ice Dragon are going to measure up, especially the shadow since it's going to be Below Zero's Reaper.

Attached: shadow.jpg (3000x1797, 649K)

>I hate something therefore anyone who talks about is a shill, ME SO ANGRY!

>no guns in game for gameplay/lore reasons
fine
>sneaking your little faggy gun control message into it
you will never get money from me

The problem is, why did they add tentacles, why did they add the weird mouth, they just add random shit and call the day, like this , what is the point of the beak, beaks are used to break things in nature, do they eat eggs, seeds, giant crustaceans, you don't add shit for no reason.

they don't even eat each other. hole fish doesn't even have to leave its hole it could just hide in whatever they did it in mario 64 what's the problem. plus there aren't big fish with little ones that swim along with them. no schooling behavior. basically no little critters anywhere. it's just coral and then like 3 different fish in each area

did you not read the replies? they are obvious shills. the game is not scary in the slightest.

It's about whether the fear is irrational, user.

If baby toys scare you, the they're scary to you, but that doesn't mean it's a rational thing to be scared of

It's not a beak, dumbass, ever seen a camel spider?

Attached: 6h65tj056c0z.jpg (752x531, 74K)

lolno

>they're obvious because they disagree with me, only shills don't think the way I do

Given that they serve the purpose of early food/water, I don't think they were interested in fleshing them out beyond that. I feel like regardless of what they did, people would find a way to bitch about them. "They're suck in holes and run away? So they're more useless coral? Thx shit devs" and the like.
This game seems to attract people who either like it or people who vehemently hate it b/c it's not what they pictured it to be.

Early access is the problem? Squids have beaks, what's your point?

Maybe if the artist wasn't a shit hack, would look like an insect mandible.
Maybe the devs should hire more skilled individuals.

Form 5 is best.

But whales don't have weird tentacles coming out of their asses, the problem is not the beak, the problem is the reason behind the beak, is there is no reason to have a beak, don't add the beak/tentacle.

We need to bring back the deep sea threads again so people can understand the true horrors of the deep.

Attached: megalodon.jpg (1137x674, 119K)

I really liked the cosmetic creatures in stuff like skyrim and monster hunter world. I wouldn't even mind if they didn't serve much of a purpose beyond just being another thing to scan, at least there would be more variety for the reefs.

Maybe you can show us a bird beak that looks like this creature's and also cease your frantic flailing aorund when your ignorance is pointed out.

They're alien beasts from another world, they can evolve however they want to look.

You need to make a thread about underwater games, otherwise will be deleted.

Deep sea threads were the best. It's how I learned about all the spooky sea games other than Subnautica.

Attached: Deep Sea Threads In a Nutshell.webm (889x500, 2.94M)

Meant to quote . Also, more little fish that don't serve any purpose besides vanity would be a wonderful addition to any water game.

Just make Barotrauma threads then.

It's in EA, maybe they find giant nuts or eggs down below, you don't know, faggot.
Also aliens.
>stuff like skyrim
I can't speak for MHW, but MH is a crazy different beast to. compare this to. Skyrim only had, what, rabbits and dears for additional fauna? Literally all the extra ones in that were copies of the same ai. I get where you're coming from tho, but I think that's a minority opinion, that I also share.

>besides vanity would be a wonderful addition to any water game
Depending on who you talk to that's the exact opposite of what some people want

Legitimately the most embarrassing thing I have read all day. Please be a falseflag. Also FromSoft games are not hard you fucking casual.

Attached: 1541705763629.png (255x262, 156K)

where the FUCK are the mermaids?

>they're abandoning VR for the xpac because they don't think they can do it justice
>subnautica was one of the greatest times i had in VR despite the fact it was half assed

Attached: HSZOWx8.jpg (1242x1024, 180K)

I can see the argument from both sides, but an empty world is a shit world no matter what. A bunch of small fish that can be food sources is fine, but it should be a generalized item instead of cooked .

Where were you when you found out that dolphins are the niggs of the sea and sharks were based all along, Yea Forums ?

When will they improve the general AI for creatures

Attached: Turtle_Concept_Hi_Res.jpg (6200x2800, 1007K)

i won t buy their game just because of this
also OG subnautica has a good mod that fixes most of VR issues

I was taking about the actual ocean you mong
Only time subnatica was actually terrifying was when I jumped off the edge of the map in my prawn suit

>using English voices

skyrim had ants and stuff there were some little details. monster hunter world is different from any of the previous titles in the series, each area is big and connected now and there's a bunch of random fauna you can catch with your bug net and stuff. there's an area that is styled like underwater and it has eels that run away into holes if you approach them. lots of the wildlife will run away if you disturb it in it. subnautica didn't even have corals that close up if you touch them or whatever. I dunno I've never been diving just seen stuff in movies.

but barotrauma exists

So does Pressure. I'm playing it right now. I just reached the ruined Pyramid.

I'm actually just reading the subs.

does it fix the fact that I feel like I need to cross my eyes to read any of the menus? it caused a lot of eye strain. plus gaze based cursor was shitty about displaying item descriptions because I'd have to read the edge of my headset while looking at the thing I wanted to see

I hope this thing gets in.

Attached: Icedragon4.jpg (1500x805, 115K)

NANI!?

How would it drown people when it lives way below the regular swimming depths?

Attached: H-He's fast!.webm (800x500, 1.42M)

this is why the devs are retarded
there's all these underdeveloped, unintuitive and rather violent ways to kill the shit out of the wildlife in the game, but GUNS NOOOOOOO
when i was forced to stasis rifle + knife this leviathan because it followed me to safe hollows, it killed my immersion

they could've done the no-guns thing well, both mechanically and thematically
they could've given you improvised ways to fight that aren't completely unrealistic and don't take 20 minutes per enemy
simply scaring fish away would be viable if their AI didn't reset in 20 seconds
a greedy, evil megacorp that keeps guns out of the hands of its employees is a pretty good cyberpunk theme. even the poor-ass excuse they provide is convincing world building if you take it as an in world-thing and not as lame IRL political commentary

none of that mattered for the devs, though. they just wanted to bring their politics in the game, there's even a sandy hook reference in the credits

I think you startled the poor fella with your headlights

Fuck life on earth.

Imagine having to grow up as a baby fish.

youtube.com/watch?v=xFQ_fO2D7f0

What is that creature?

It moves like it's the size of a fucking dolphin. The animals in that game are not majestic at all.

Turns in place in order to attack player.
Nice shit AI pathing.

this

What game let's me experience being swallowed by a giant fish?

youtu.be/qziliy4tbx4?t=71

A DOOK DOOK aka crabsquid

Oh. I couldn't tell since barely any of it was visible. Gotta love the dooks.

This game isn't meant to be a horror game.

do shills repeat the same nonsense shitposts to keep the thread bumped?
serious question

Zooplankton-inspired monsters would be the stuff of nightmares.
>Translucent bodies with bright organs
>Forms based on needs alone, creating freaky appearances
>Ravenous and gluttonous
>Grows into creatures that would resemble celestial bodies to us if scaled up to our size

Fuck man. The life of a zooplankton must be the stuff of nightmares.

Just for that im gonna play the game and be scared.

Pixar bullshit isnt scary

Subnautica isn't a horror game, that's a fact, do facts make you angry?

JESUS FUCK

Reptilians are absolute shit tier underwater biggies and everyone who likes them is an absolute pleb.
Yes, I am still mad about the Sea Dragon, that dumb piece of shit.

i love it but i'm scared of the ocean so making trips to deep, open places like the deep grand reef and the sea treader's path can be very unnerving and cause me to turn around and have to come back later. But the more enclosed spaces like the lava zones and lost river tend to be ok.

either way i fucking love it and completely recommend it

I wouldn't mind a snek, but miss me with that lizard shit.

Fast fish.

Attached: Mako shark.webm (1280x720, 2.2M)

Attached: 1408138961050.jpg (278x280, 10K)

hilariously I think you've made this exact same post earlier too

the fuck is this?

what is this from?

We can't depend solely on baiters.

he can't breath. Not sure if he likes that

Looks like World of Warcraft

best one

That kind of thing is really cool. But it really has to be MASSIVE, far bigger than the scale of that image.

I close my eyes when objects get close to them too, it doesn't mean I'm going to wig out and start tearing shit to shreds you sperg

It's cry was worse.
>INTENSE COW MOOING

wtf that's kinda kool as hell. fake n gay tho

assuming that subs similar to the cyclops, that thing is fuckin hueg

It's probably fine.

Attached: sleeping sharks.webm (736x414, 2.6M)

Because you're only talking to one person, yes.

>Make thread about game you like with a new expansion coming out soon
>Shill

And people wonder why Yea Forums is shit these days. Stop getting mad over people talking about video games on a video game s board you cum guzzling faggot. Go back to ERPing on discord.

that's gonna be a big think from me chief, archives full of these, (You) people seem to be using pics of the leviathan now

Attached: hmmmm.png (1279x831, 490K)

Not in a shit traditional sense where you walk into spooky house, get jump scared and hear the same pianos they’ve used for over a century at this fucking point.

It’s got plenlty horror elements to what is otherwise an open world survival game with a plot and crafting

I think part of what ruined the Leviathan is the way you approach the area it is in. It's fairly straightforward, and thanks to the walls you more or less know where any danger would be, and when the Leviathan appears you'll most likely be ready for it and know from what direction it's coming.
The active lava zone should have been accessed instead from a little snaky tunnel coming from the ceiling, and changed to be much wider and deeper, so that as soon as you leave the crevice you crawled through to get there there's nothing but dark bottomless water under you, open expanse of rock right above you with nowhere to hide, and the creeping feeling of being exposed and that SOMETHING is in the water with you and can come from any angle

Would guys like a STALKER/Mount and Blade underwater exploration game ?

Attached: 1532515734036.png (137x167, 17K)

Some of the monsters are just goofy.

Attached: 1517990863080.jpg (600x1127, 349K)

Rift or something similar.

>STALKER
>Mount and Blade
>underwater exploration
>lobsterman from TFTD
I have no idea what you're trying to suggest.

That's not even the right game.

Attached: sharkboop.webm (1280x720, 2.52M)

now this is some grasping for straws if I've ever heard it

Attached: 1517707285735.jpg (335x410, 43K)

Cute.

Attached: 1533588579951.jpg (768x1024, 235K)

>unnerving
because i'm forced to play as a black woman who can't stop talking. The first is MUCH better !

Attached: Sharks getting pet.webm (1280x720, 2.1M)

Those are people shilling the last game, last year, when it was free, which really isn't shilling at all. Also EA version has barely had any threads, cope harder

I bet you don't eve play video games with that posting style.

>don't worry, the same exact team only shilled the last game, they'd never do the same for this one!

Attached: 1531194586371.jpg (568x579, 305K)

Imagine STALKER but in the sea, exploring underwater caves, abandoned underwater stations, you have you own submarine, you need to take care of oxygen, rising speed, pressure, etc, maybe in a future earth with high sea levels, or another planet with 95% of water.

Attached: 1538910721957.jpg (814x294, 33K)

You can post about the game if you want to bump it, user, no need to be a faggot.

is the 'chain mail' effective against shark bites?

damage control

If seeing the threads bothers you so much just use a filter. If you can navigate the archive but not that, then you're just a shit poster :^)

I'd be well up for it, as long as it doesn't have lobstermen, because they're a bitch to put down.

I feel like the zone mood would go really well with an underwater theme, though.

normally youll wanna wear complete black to avoid having anything white(exposed fish flesh) on your body. dunno whats up with the chains though if the sharks already frens

SEETHING damage control
>people who have critiques shouldn't discuss the game!

Attached: 1530817026552.jpg (381x383, 49K)

It'll stop the teeth from cutting into your flesh.

dios mio, protegeme de la creatura...

All the spooky and cool subnautica discoveries have mostly been spoiled for me by Yea Forums thread thumbnails at this point. Kinda kills my desire to play.

You don't have critiques, you're just complaining a thread exists. -2/10.

fpbp. Ocean fear is for landlubbers.

yes, definitely one of those.
thats where you are wrong.

that's the best you can come up with? retard, you shills haven't had a single argument aside from the same old script you repeat like drones every thread

Attached: 1534452171035.png (450x338, 181K)

>intelligent
I don't know from which shithole you came from but these little scums hump human beings because they are horny as fuck. They did it to me when I was 9 year old

They can't feel it since they don't have the intelligence for that.

>t. Dolphin rapist

You're a ratard, it's essentially the same as the response cats and dogs have to being pet, which is an instinctual response to being groomed/cleaned by another animal. It's similar to if a fish swam over and began eating the parasites that grow off the skin of the animals. Intelligence has nothing to do with it.

But subnautica is about exploring alien planets full of dangerous lifeforms you dimmwit. If explorers brought guns to the Americas, they sure as SHIT should to space

The original was just as bad for that shit, don't know why you're surprised.
Despite that you were immune to pretty much every leviathan just by hugging the side of its face whenever it tried to attack you.

youtube.com/watch?v=pfwdm5W2lWs

Attached: what the fuck is this shit.png (1660x870, 177K)

Attached: 1434261485737.jpg (582x992, 387K)

That is adorable.

Attached: sea_fren.webm (718x404, 2.74M)

That is one ugly fish, god damn. It's a nice story, and makes me wish we could have a diving game where you actually can befriend a fish, but that is legitimately a very ugly fish.

Ugly but cute

Of course, what's there to be afraid of in the ocean?

Attached: swim in the ocean.webm (1142x500, 1.4M)

Confirmed, it's Rift
youtube.com/watch?v=1gSoTZMCrjY

Nothing at all!

Attached: 1517990863081.jpg (1920x1080, 147K)

the fuck is it doing so close to the beach?

>The patrician way would be to give you something to fight back with (a gun, bat, fists etc.) but make it so ineffective at killing as to make it useful only for knockbacks.
isn’t this literally in the game?

lmao

Is that?

Attached: 765.png (477x413, 15K)

la creatura....

Attached: 1533131777159.jpg (456x386, 81K)

>tfw black and cant get into games with alot of swimming

Attached: 889909067.jpg (900x900, 63K)

no excuse bro, swimming is for everyone. you can enjoy it too!

O-oh...

Attached: hiding boner.png (691x597, 16K)

N

But that's exactly what games are for, letting you experience things you can't usually do. I mean, are you gonna just play GTA all your life?

GTA San Andreas did a lot for your people.

Looking for fish to eat.

So this is where all that government money goes

Attached: 591F55F7-0188-41FF-8CD1-C876855C8081.jpg (640x468, 27K)

>no oxygen system
This is such a huge corner that was cut, the game will never be good without it.

Attached: 1553024915015.jpg (876x869, 243K)

I think not including guns was a dev trying to make a revisionist excuse for not having guns in order to virtue signal. The truth is likely because it's easier to design a survival/"horror" game when you can't just kill the spooky monster with ease.

True Yea Forums post
Giving shit to the game, without ever playing it

It's there dead black eyes that are scary, well, that and everything else