>finally decide to fight him
>beat his first phase no problem
>died in his second phase
>okay
>try again
>beat finally beat his second phase
>only 2 tries after taking a long break
Holy shit, hot damn, I did it.

Attached: 20190402204057_1.jpg (1920x1080, 358K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xVAzTbqeIiE?t=280
powerpyx.com/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-how-to-get-all-endings/
github.com/uberhalit/SekiroFpsUnlockAndMore
youtu.be/pSbI04ELTYA
youtu.be/Lyo6O8aUTyQ
youtube.com/watch?v=7I_M98AKZ1w
twitch.tv/videos/405051792?t=01h27m51s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Guardian Monkey
The trees around the fight can be grappled but I can't find the use for it, if there is any use at all. Can get past phase 1 using firecrackers. Saw phase 2 one time before logging off last night...
Is phase 2 just a parry fight?

Not really a request for help, but I just got Owl 2 last night. Thanks for all your advice about stuff over the last couple weeks anons.
Recorded it too to show a friend of mine, in case anyone's interested. 4:40 is where it got interesting and I realized I just needed to stop relying on crutches like pellets/rice and embrace the flow.
youtu.be/xVAzTbqeIiE?t=280

Attached: why_did_I_do_this.png (663x500, 569K)

Is it worth $60?
I've 100%'d Bloodborne ,DS1 and DS3. I've heard that this game doesn't have any real replay value, but is replaying it still fun?

Just sprint and run in circles around guardian ape.

Phase two:
JUMP (don't dodge) backwards when his head goes for the roar.
Parry the overhead-slam for a large opening.
Jump and slash when he slithers your way, giving room for 2-3 strikes.

>Is it worth $60?
takes anywhere from 25 to 35h to complete on your first playthrough. not much replay value. worth it in my opinion however if youre gonna play it on console the limited framerate is really gonna suck

There's multiple endings and the game is pretty long, though the replayability does suffer a bit unlike in souls games.
I pirated it and then decided to buy, I think it's worth it

Took me about 60 hours to get all 4 endings and each run was fun enough but there isn't a big replayability here like in other souls games

It's an interesting and engaging game but it has many flaws so about 40 should be it's true worth.

i'd give it an 8

I swear I did this without ressurectinf through both phases. Took me around 25 tries to finally git gud and beat him
Congrats, bro. Never felt so happy to beat a boss.

Attached: 20190401_211902.jpg (4032x2268, 2.96M)

Damn, that shuriken followup is a really good way to close distance.

>all gourds used
>revive used

Attached: nito.png (304x350, 70K)

Congratulations.
Probably the hardest fight in the game.

Sankyu. Screw his shurikens. I can never expect them and only block them half of the time and that was always by luck.

>JUMP (don't dodge) backwards when his head goes for the roar.
Run instead. It's faster.
>Jump and slash
Does pitiable damage. Unlock mid-air combat art instead.

40-45 hours long, easily best combat out of all Souls games, the replay value is pretty decent since you can play with extra challenges on NG+ and you have two different endings to go for with different bosses

My heart was beating like a motherfucker here.

Attached: 814380_20190327001841_1.png (1920x1080, 2.48M)

Yeah; since my 3 favorite other ways to close distance (Spear/Shadowrush/charge attack) were Mikiri-able, I settled on that.
Thanks man, you too. One of the best duel fights in vidya for me.

Attached: bonedad.jpg (400x400, 51K)

How to find him there for the second fight?

How the fuck do you squeeze 40-45 hours from it? How bad are you?

Attached: 1455994930866.jpg (402x225, 20K)

Dontuse the trees. Run towardhim.

It's the Immortal Severance ending.
You gotta eavesdrop Emma and Kuro having a specific conversation to start the chain.

I'm not sure exactly about the conditions to get it, but the short form is that you get an alternate version of the Hirata Estate from Emma. She gives you a bell that fell from Owl's corpse if you pursue the quest line that lets both you and Kuro survive.

It's actually the Purification ending

powerpyx.com/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-how-to-get-all-endings/

Follow the purification guide

It's the Purification ending. Immortal Severance is the basic ending.

>does pitiable damage
it's not about damage, it's about keeping posture up.

> that lets both you and Kuro survive
Wrong.

The four endings are as follows:
Kuro dies, Sekiro lives.
Kuro lives, Sekiro dies.
Sekiro lives, Kuro becomes the dragon baby.
Sekiro becomes Shura.

Thanks. Going to try this after my first blind playthrough.

I don't run through guide checklist like you so I can brag about it on anonymous image board and spend time exploring.
Once you grow up and stop caring about what random strangers on the internet think about you, maybe you'll start to enjoy video games again.

Lmao cope more it's okay to be bad at video games

lmao

Attached: 1554213667128.jpg (1024x1024, 161K)

Emma told me about the sakura tree located at the back of the castle, so I went past the small bridge, killed 3 monkeys, and to the next idol inside a building. There I saw Not-Isshin and gave me a new skill tree. But, where should I go? From what I can tell, the areas in the cliffs lead to dead ends and I don't recall any sakura trees anywhere.

you wont find the tree in-game

So that area is a dead end? Then why is Not-Isshin there?

Can the big armoured dude be knocked off the bridge or do I just have to keep doing posture damage until he dies?

Is the spear of any use in this fight? The description makes it sound like it should be useful, but it doesn't seem to do too much damage?

>So that area is a dead end?
Nope

For the glory of Ashina.

You passed the tree; it was over near the spear-using enemy before you crossed the bridge from the castle to the monkey area.
It's almost directly above Black Hat.
There is also a path across the chasme from the temple where Not-Isshin is. You need to grapple. It's needed to progress.

Attached: 1554009586950.gif (244x300, 2.66M)

>ordered new 27", 1440p 144hz monitor
>haven't finished Sekiro
>waiting for new monitor to start playing
>due to be delivered today
>forced to wait

Attached: killmenow.jpg (635x422, 38K)

What's the best path of getting all bosses trophy?

what gpu

The "strip armor" part is deceptive; it's just for when the fat enemies have breastplates strapped to their bellies.
Yes, you need to knock Armoredboi off the bridge. He'll recover health every time you deplete his posture and deathblow him.

You need two playthroughs for it, one Purification, and one Shura.

Okay, cheers for that.

Leave the casuals to me.

Attached: the-great-filter.jpg (1280x720, 98K)

the spear is meant for stripping off armour that you literally cannot damage the enemy through, only a few such enemies exist and theyre all late game

>TFW Genichiro last form
>Nose itches like a bitch
>Cat jumps onto lap
>Doorbell rings
What the fuck universe?

>an old Sephiroth with a spirit animal is also the great shinobi

Attached: 1539298891152.png (270x321, 21K)

github.com/uberhalit/SekiroFpsUnlockAndMore
you are welcome.

>You did it edition
no, i did not

beating the sword saint is beyond my capacities as a human being

i dont want to do this anymore, i suffered too much and i did not have fun so now im gonna rest

yeah if only you could pause the game

Pausing midgame ruins the flow user.

what type of autism is that

Okay, that's what I thought. I wasted two attempts trying to get him to fall down, figured I was doing it wrong and then fought him "properly".

He regened posture so I wasn't sure if it was a multistage fight or what. How are you supposed to knock him down?

Deathblow close to the edge

I'm at monkey trouble.
Beat the first phase but I can't find safe opportunities to damage him in the second phase.

Maaaan i had such a rush not because he was way to hard but because i had insane fps drops the input lag was real, but i got this fagget

Attached: 1552239130277.jpg (400x338, 16K)

How do I avoid Demon of Hatred's attack in the second phase, when he smacks the ground sending AoE fire straight forward? I sometimes just run past it and hook into him, but sometimes it just fucks me over.

Is the game meant to be unfun when you reach ashina depths?
Purple ghost man is sill. Terrify is a weird mechanic. Didn't beat him. Just avoided him.
Navigating the area up to the corrupted monk is tedious and easy to get lost in.
The poison lake with snake eyes is weird. Being sniped from anywhere in the area is sad. And the fact that they move normally in poison is silly. Every poison area in From games is tedious.
The fog area is just annoying. Respawning enemies with groups of e and getting to the temple is a hassle itself.
O'rin is literally just deflect city. You can rarely attack her because she just spooks away. She 2 shots you as well.
Then corrupted monk is a boring boss. Deflecting does nothing. It is just chipping away her health like the fire bull.
Sad. The game was fun.

You're playing on base xbone, right?

youre gonna have to choose between 1080p 144fps or 1440p 60fps

Jump to the side.

I want a Kuro version of that gif

you have to be running when you jump to avoid it

How do you fight against those spinning spear fags in Senpou? I feel cheap for backstabing and cheesing constantly but some enemies are annoying as fuck.
Btw the Senpou area is gorgeous but those monks chanting/praying makes it kinda spoopy.

fag

You know what Sekiro is missing? Some kind of item like pic related that boosts your attack power drastically when you're at really low health. Every single one of the previous games had it (Morion Blade, Clever Rat Ring, Red Tearstone Ring, Poorman's Gem). Sekiro should have it, especially since the damage buffs you get from sugars and confetti are so damn underwhelming.

I wish the Yashariku's Sugar did that. It would reduce your health down to one scratch to kill you, but it boosted your damage output by like 90-100%.

Attached: Red_Tearstone_Ring_(DSIII).png (512x512, 193K)

Aight, I'll keep on experimenting. I was just thinking there was some trick like, run to other direction then change back to make him miss or something.

I'm at Genchiro, nearly got him down. Is there anything I'm missing before him? Killed that Ashina samurai mini boss and spanked Lady Butterfly.

nah you just need to be running and youll avoid it every time

That would make the game trivial.

Just your average Soulsfag autism. I've been participating in Gamefaqs and other gaming forums since like the early 2000s, and it wasn't until Souls became popular that people began making these dumb complaints about pausing being bad.

>I wish the Yashariku's Sugar did that.
it already reduces your health to half and increases your attack power by 25%
increasing your damage by 100% would just make the game easy as fuck

I beat genichiro really early on. I thought he was a roadblock to get to the rest of the game. Turns out no he's not, apparently. I actually beat his lightning phase without taking any damage. Turns out being aggressive and making him counterattack is a good way to keep what he does in your control. had two necklaces, 5 gourds (used 2 of them and no resurrections), and had 2 attack power. I got the Ashina Style stuff way later and just thought "this would have been helpful" but I still somehow just stomped his ass even though it was so early on.

It didn't make the Souls games trivial. You're basically one hit away from death. In exchange, you get a giant damage boost. But if you fuck up, you're guaranteed to die.

Easiest way to beat the second phase is to sprint around. He has an attack where he flops onto the ground and swings once, which is a good one to hit him on.
He has a another attack where he swipes 4 times. The 3rd attack is timed weird and he does a fakeout, learn that timing by counting his swipes "one, two,....three, four"
Take cheap shots and run away. You can easily avoid the terror this way. And it's easy to recognize because blood spurts out.
I count his swipes to know which attack he's doing, I say "flop" to myself when he's doing the single swipe, and I say "blood" to myself when I see the blood spurt. There are a few other attacks that are more rare, but you can deal with them like the others. Try to either count or name those attacks so you can recognize them too.

Best place to farm EXP before Genichiro?
I'm actually before Blazing Bull

so far I'm killing the 3 tengou rats over and over for around 500 exp between rests

Attached: sekiro_.jpg (1920x1080, 300K)

nah with a gtx730 on low

With a massive boost you'd need to hit the boss once and just parry for the kill.

have you considered that this game is nothing like souls

it did make the souls games trivial
just use magic and one shot bosses

Why the fuck would you want to farm any EXP before Blazing Bull? All you need for Blazing Bull are your sword, an Ako's Sugar and firecrackers. You don't need EXP to buy any skills for it.

Sugar literally does it but with 25%. With half hp you will get oneshoted by bosses regardless amount of hp buffs.

user that's worse than the worst xbone. Pls upgrade your PC or get a console and stop hurting yourself.

for what purpose would you farm xp of all things in sekiro

>>github.com/uberhalit/SekiroFpsUnlockAndMore
>you are welcome.
can I disable vsync in nvidia control panel even without this?

my monitor is 60hz so I only care about disabled vsync

I'm fucking lost all the fucking time.
Every path ends in a deadend.
I just defeated the corrupted monk (ghost) even though I'm not sure I was supposed to be down there that early.
This is why I fucking hate this interconnected world meme from software bullshit.

You can visit temple grounds before him for some lore. And beat seven spear miniboss near moon light tower in ashina reservuor.

Thanks I'll try it out again now.

just keep parrying those attacks and make sure to really know his scream tell, cause you'll wanna sprint the fuck on out when he does it. don't even bother with divine confetti, you can do enough damage without it. The trees are useless, if you use too many gourds in the first phase, I should say that sprinting is a really big component of the monkey fight. Don't dodge unless you're in a corner and he's already raging on you. Sprinting helps avoid like 99% of what he has to dish out in phase one, especially his falling grab, and after he lands you can easily sprint up and get damage on him. There are moments he opens up after parrying, like he has a huge downward swing usually after you parry some normal strikes from him that he staggers and you can lay into him, but get ready to sprint away when he gets up cause he'll almost always do a scream. This fight I actually liked learning.

cant beat isshin and having to fight the jobber genichiro has put me off from the whole thing

Did you get the stone and give it to Kuro?

>Why the fuck would you want to farm any EXP before Blazing Bull? All you need for Blazing Bull are your sword, an Ako's Sugar and firecrackers. You don't need EXP to buy any skills for it.

I don't need it FOR the bull
I want to unlock the nice skills

Get the shield prosthetic for when phase 2 does the scream attack

I got something after that, yeah. Who the fuck is Kuro?

You don't. It isn't worth to kill them more than once and they are rare enough to ignore them, don't bother fighting bullshit enemies like them.

>for what purpose would you farm xp of all things in sekiro
because I die often

dude i played the game stoned out of my mind and i still figured out what to do easily
get a grip

I do not feel any regret

Was the bull supposed to be hard? Took 1 try.

Then fucking wait until later. Once you get to Gun Fort (immediately accessible after beating the bull), you have the easiest EXP farming for mid-game in the entire game. It's like 1,500 exp in like 2 minutes.

yeah but how is xp gonna help you

its hard on ng+

I get minimum 90fps 1440p and up to 120-130fps on my 1080 without overclocking. He'll be fine

thanks, that's good

this thread has been blessed by the dragon priestess.

Attached: 20190325023947_1.jpg (408x501, 32K)

>play every souls game at sl 30 with uchi only

i feel like i was ready for this

Kuro is the kid, he's at Ashina Castle. If you haven't gotten there yet. You need to beat the boss at the top of it. Talking to Kuro, he will tell you the different paths you need to go and the items to retrieve.

Seemed very easy desu.
Done know why people complain about him and ashina elite.

I'm trying user, i have a gtx1050 and it runs smoothly on that i tried it but my main pc is a low profile case so the card doesn't fit i'll see what i can do

Attached: 1553783670833.png (640x480, 717K)

Beautiful fight, you play way too aggressively for my taste tho which is probably one of the reasons you have trouble avoiding the danger attacks.
I just beat Owl 2 earlier today on my fifth attempt, using double Ichimonji as well but using my emblems defensively with Mist rather than offensively it's a fucking rad bossfight definitely a highlight of the game.

Any good mods to change sekiro's model?

I sort of assumed that she's Tomoe.

>looks dead as fuck, no movement whatsoever
>she's just sleeping btw
Really.

>got past Demon of Hatred and Sword Saint last night, now into NG+

While you fished for likes and (You)s, I honed the blade

Same shit happened in bloodborne user, I don't fucking know. I just hate it.

Haven't been there. Like I said, dead ends everywhere.
I guess I'll have to run through the entire fucking game and see where I missed something.

ahhh yeah, thats a juicy spot for sure.

but sekiro looks cool

>some user said Demon Bell doesn't affect bosses, just normal enemies
>had it on for DoH and Sword Saint the whole time since I had to keep leaving for more confetti
>it apparently does affect bosses
God dammit user...

How many shichimen are there?
One before bottomless pit, one in lmao2apes room, and one in fountainhead.
Are there more?

>waa I'm always lost
>didn;t even know who kuro is

do you play the game while watching tv or something?

not as cool as my japanese school girls

I regret 100% this game so fast.
Now i have nothing to play

dude they almost lead you in to going to Ashina Castle. If you don't know where to go stop going the same routes and look harder elsewhere.

AAAAH HOW MY BLOOD BOILS

those aren't cool they're just sexy, your lower eye has blinded your upper eyes.

It's a Miyazaki game, I couldn't give less of a fuck about his 2deep4me story.

play surge, it's decent

what so you did play the game while watching tv?

Attached: 1553545521949.jpg (499x635, 76K)

Did you really finish all the NG's already?

>his 2deep4me story.
kuro appears in the goddamn game tutorial

Sekiro's story is pretty fucking straightforward though.

He's really easy that phase though. All you have to do is play defensively until he tries to lightning you, then reflect the lighting and rush him down.
I had a lot of trouble getting through the first two phases for an hour or so but phase three was a cakewalk.

>"i don't care what other people think about me!"
>"look how adult i am haha"

Attached: 1493559101158.png (592x492, 60K)

I'm at fpuntainhead and i've completely lost the will to continue playing, why?
Also owl 2 is really fucking tough

surge is nothing like sekiro its a souls game

then why did you even get it? Why did you bother getting any of From's games for that matter?

not him but the game is free

Because fuck fountainhead and its cancerous enemies.

Hat

these are the people you argue with on Yea Forums

fucking brainlet holy shit

sounds like you are a low attention span child and are trying to just run through all the areas that reward patience, observation, and exploration

I just dodged that shit and laid into him as hard as possible. Took no hits. It's like he forgot what defense was in favor of his all-out attack mode that he went into. It kinda fucked him, because it seems a big factor for him was intimidation.

Seiously they dropped the ball pretty fucking hard with that area. It's like they told themselves "okay we're just gonna put all the cancer shit in that once specific place"

>2deep4me
>story is just you trying to stop a curse and nothing more

xD

I thought that at first too, but then I realized that all of them are glass canons. They either have shit health or shit posture, and it’s easy to stealth the fuckers.

I couldn't even if I wanted, don't have TV in my room.

Why would I give a fuck about how the dumb kid is called when I don't care about the story in the first place?

>then why did you even get it?
>buying games

>Why did you bother getting any of From's games for that matter?
Because they make great games?

>game tells you to protect master
>master is little shota boy
>game tells you little shota boy is in castle
>in castle little shota boy tells you to do stuff, even gives you directions
>you do things he tells you
>game ends

Well that wasn't that hard was it

Attached: 1484447168998.jpg (328x391, 35K)

that's not the point, though, Clearly he doesn't like it and he's had the same experiences with games that from has made, so it seems he just got it for no reason cause other people said they liked it.

Unironically I think Sekiro hits the perfect in-between of storytelling for a From game. It has a straightforward plot that is easy to understand and is told to you in a more or less conventional way, but has a lot of ideas and stories that you can uncover if you're interesting in looking.

Attached: 1527549716423.gif (500x450, 453K)

I'm in the exact same boat. the posture damage was ridiculous on those bosses and I'm not surprised demon bell was the culprit

>Spend over 8 hours in a row grinding away, getting shit on and barely getting Genichiro to the last phase before finally killing him
>Come back on ng+ with bell and charmless
>Fumble one attempt cause i forgot his moveset, then kill him without getting hit a single time

Attached: 139248892-288-k36733.jpg (288x450, 21K)

When he does the really big wind up overhead smash in phasw 2, parry it.
He'll get knocked down. You can use your spear on his neck hole to pull out the centipede for a ton of posture damage.
Or just swing at him.

Basically just try to bait him into one of the attacks where he falls forward onto the ground, and run up and beat his ass a bit. If you see him about to do the scream, run away. It's easier to escape running behind him because you get out of the damage zone faster, but it might also be harder to run that way depending on your positioning when he starts the animation. Just avoid it at all costs.

I killed him in two tries. It's kinda weird. In NG I dodged him and baited out his attacks in NG+ that's not even viable and I just parried his attacks to hit his head due his huge as fuck HP pool compared to NG. Not hitting his head does fuck all damage too.

he said story and map is shit
maybe he likes gameplay mechanics and art

If you think Fountainhead is bad wait until you get to Ashina Castle with the purple robed superninjas everywhere.

>Why would I give a fuck about how the dumb kid is called when I don't care about the story in the first place?

because you're getting lost like a fucking retard and blaming the game ?

Attached: 1550274064316.png (994x910, 537K)

It didn't sound like you thought that, man. It sounds like you had bad experiences with previous from titles in similar ways so I just had to ask why you got yet another one if that was the case. Sekiro's story isn't that deep by the way, you don't have to think. What's there is there. You have a young lord to protect, he hates his immortality. Proceed quest to help him get rid of it. or whatever ending you end up with.

If i do the Dragon's Homecoming ending, can i fight the true corrupted monk ? I need endless confetti lads, the headless are killing me

Attached: 1553004114262.gif (220x233, 273K)

shitter detected
learn to parry

Attached: 1530391018983.png (415x353, 111K)

I'm so sorry my reply touched a nerve.
Don't worry, just post a few more 'gid gud's and you'll get over it I promise.

you're really, really stupid user. like dumber than an actual lab rat. just thought you should know.

corrupted monk is mandatory except for the shura ending

Pretty sure you fight same bosses in purification, return, and severance.
Only in shura you fight different bosses.

The "great" filter comes far earlier than that I'm sure. They'll go hollow long before they reach Genichiro. Chained Ogre or Blazing Bull are some that I've seen most bitching about.

Dude same here. I still haven't gone to NG+ tho, I want to make a final Lazulite upgrade.

Lazulite Sabimaru or Lazulite Shuriken?

I'm not saying he has to like it 100% but if he dislikes half of what's there then that doesn't seem like enough to justify the purchase of a game.

Says the guy that has trouble against fountainhead nobles that die in one hit.

You can pull out the centipede? I did not know that, but I still beat the ape easily.

>find purple ninja in Hirata
>fight it a bunch of times
>learn his moveset perfectly, end up not getting much damage against it
>every purple ninja after that is exactly the same with maybe a gimmick, or a different extra attack

yes user there are only two people in this thread right now
learn to parry

Blazing Bull is legit badly designed, I wouldn't call it filter

and ogre is a bloodborne boss

No, i mean the true monk where he drops the item to upgrade my vendor

This. Even """lone""" shadow faggots use the same pattern except with extra poison palm attack.

Is mandatory except for the Shura ending

You call me a brainlet, but you guys have serious reading comprehension issues.
I don't care about the story, okay? I haven't even tried following it. I'm playing the game for the combat/gameplay.

because you're getting lost like a fucking retard and blaming the game ?
Why in the flying fuck knowing the kid's name would have anything to do with getting lost?
And I'm not blaming the game, I said I just don't like the interconnected world. You're even dumber than me apparently.

Thanks for the yous, anyway :^)

Lazulite Sabimaru is very strong vs demon of hatred, don't think it's worth using over the piercing one in any other case.

Demon of Hatred is the real Bloodborne boss, took me a while to go back to playing like bloodborne.

really? Like no, really? Those are two of the easier minibosses. Even Genichiro can be easy early game if you know how to handle him.

Souls fags, ladies and gentlemen.

kek I just ran through the misty forest because I got scared and still loved this game. Fuck Snake Eyes though. I can beat them easily now, but I kept thinking her grab was a thrusting attack.

You can kill the ghost man easily if you grab some confetti from the castle and some pacifying agent from the dungeon.
There's an idol by half a Buddha statue in the room snake eyes is in that lets you stealth kill a couple gun enemies and get one free deathblow on the boss if you start from there, plus gives you a nice area to actually fight her without being shot at. Or you can just cheese her by leading her into the poison.
Just run to the temple and kill the boss in there as quickly as possible. He's incredibly easy, literally just drop down and mash R1 after running past all the fog shit.
You're not supposed to attack Orin much. Get a few hits in when she whiffs, but otherwise literally just stand in one spot and deflect until she dies. Use sabimaru or confetti if you want to make it quicker.
For the monk use confetti and snap seeds to make it easier. Otherwise just chip down to ~40% health and then parry the world. Until you win.

Use the tools the game gives you access to and you'll have a much better time.

I'd say Demon is more comparable to Midir tho

I was 42 hours. I autistically explored and sneaked everywhere. Also spent an uncomfortable amount of time on grandma at the beginning of the game.

You dont have to understand the story to know a major character's name, you're fucking stupid

>Why in the flying fuck knowing the kid's name would have anything to do with getting lost?

maybe listening to him, and knowing who is who might give you directions on what to do you turbo brainlet

>Thanks for the yous, anyway :^)
truly eric

Yet internet is full of people bitching about how hard ogre and bull are.

The misty forest is really scary but if you take your time to explore you can "fix" it and make it way less scary

You're still a complete and utter retard. Even if you saw no cutscenes and ignored all the dialog, it's pretty easy to just explore the map and hit all the important stuff without missing anything. If you're lost all the time it's because you're genuinely stupid. Like very, very below average intelligence.

I never called you a brainlet, but if you're not gonna pay attention to you surroundings, then you're gonna get lost. If you don't listen to where kuro says to go after you beat genichiro, then you're gonna get lost and not know what to do. You're leading yourself into dead ends. Go to Ashina Castle, it doesn't have to be for story but fuck it will help you get an idea.

I still feel bad about killing monkeys
Any and all of the monkeys honestly

Attached: tumblr_nffbnxb6dK1r3kzcoo1_500.jpg (454x460, 42K)

how the fuck do i beat this fucking ogre that has homing grabs tho
youtu.be/pSbI04ELTYA

The average person is so dumb a person with a 130 IQ can't even comprehend their stupidity. And you're dumber than the average person. Let that sink in.

The only thing that really trips me up is the red moonrune tell. My brain can never tell if it's going to be a sweep, a heavy hit, a grab or a thrust. Everything else seems really easy. The parry window is very generous, it takes maybe 30 minutes to get the deathblow vitality upgrade, and stealth takes out half the room before I'm forced to fight but whenever I see red moonrunes I just panic and run away.

?
I literally didnt get stuck on any bosses, with exploration and looking for secrets you can easily get to 50 hours.

Stop rushing through and missing stuff, Souls games are not a race

dreams monkey weren't real
giant monkey is a motherfucker and deserves it

If you don't care about the story of course you're going to get lost. The only reason you go anywhere and do anything in the game is because of the story.
If you actually paid attention you'd know if you're even supposed to be going down to fight the monk and you'd know what you're trying to get in the first place.

You don't have to try to critically analyze and dissect the narrative of the game like some pretentious retard, but you should pay the bare minimum attention to what the fuck is going on so that you actually know what the fuck you're supposed to be doing.
At this rate you're probably going to choose the option that ends the game early because you're too smoothbrained to pay an iota of attention.

>this game only takes up 16gb on my pc
when the fuck is the west going to learn?

Attached: sekiro-rot-essence-cure-dragonrot-woman-sample-emma.jpg (1440x810, 134K)

>Braps on you
>Throws literal shit at you
>Bamboozles you with the 2nd phase
>Filters all the e-celeb shitters
Is there a more chad boss than this?

Attached: ape.jpg (1280x720, 252K)

You're doing him a favor.

Stealth for half his health, parry every hit and run to his side from his grabs, not sidestep.

i beat the game in 35 hours exploring everything and spending hours alt-tabbed shitposting here
what is wrong with you

People are going into it thinking the initial difficulty is a meme or that it plays like dark souls. I actually don't mind these people giving up. They kinda deserve it if they can't learn how to play the game.

I felt bad until Rape Ape and Monkey Trouble tag teamed me. i still feel bad about the group that was chilling i just outright slaughtered tho

That's basically what's going on from a narrative perspective.
You're winning so he pulls out the lighting and a surprise third phase to scare you into fucking up.

only an actual, unironic retard would get lost in this game or in bloodborne. it's not mentally taxing at all to figure out where to go and get all the secrets. you're just dumb, that's all there is to it. you'd never even be able to play a game like king's field because you're a dummy.

Attached: 1552872434489.jpg (1200x1200, 234K)

>when the fuck is the west going to learn?
*blocks your path and harddisk space*

Attached: 1530430140748.jpg (220x243, 19K)

Yeah, properly explored it after clearing the mist.
>That Headless at the bottom

What is sabimaru? Where is it. Did i miss it?

Yeah. It just does a whole lot of posture damage.
I wish you could use the mortal blade to stab it when you do, but that would trivialize the fight a bit too much.

this is a weeb game as well

Having trouble with Masanaga in second Hirata estate as well as Daddy Owl

look at the enemy not the rune, honestly the rune is just a thing that is supposed to be saying "pay attention" the blue robed samurai's have an obvious tell though. they yell then they rush forward for a thrust attack. Not all are that obvious though. I hate sweeps the most, cause the dark souls/bloodborne reflexes are still there yet and I dodge sometimes instead of jump.

ive only fought the giant bull twice, but i have no idea how to consistently dodge his attacks, and i dont really have any theories on doing so. wat do?

So dlc is def going to use some kind of memory bell shit. Hope we fight based tomoe

>mfw some cringy manlet le epic ninja comes to my watering hole

Attached: 1554205436263.png (1080x810, 466K)

>Killing the centipede dudes at the temple with the Mortal Draw doesnt instantly kill them

Attached: 1550615532148.jpg (501x501, 39K)

>being THIS retarded
holy shit am I glad I'm not you

Night 3 of beating this fucker. I'm feeling good about today. So tired of getting him down to 10% in 2nd phase and then getting stroked.

Guys is the gamma in my game fucked up? I see screenshots of guardian ape and his fur looks light blue, but in my game, he looks completely white and faded

after you kill them there's a prompt on their bodies to end them permanently

>Completionist Average 55h Median 51h Leisure 76h

Stop using walkthroughs, 45hrs is below average for first 100% run of this game

So we know all the important detail and post-game happenings to the Sculptor but why tf he got a shrine with blood dripping out of it?

I've noticed people can mod in weapons and new models and shit like that already. Is the gameplay itself already moddable?
I just want to change Spirit Emblems so they're a constant slowly regenerating resource which fill up with Deathblows and Deflects so you feel a bit more inclined to use Prosthetics during boss fights, whereas now after dying a zillion times you'd run out of Emblems and gold to buy it. Also perhaps changing how buffs work by just extending them beyond a piddly 15 seconds so you don't have to constantly risk reapplying them and making their effects more useful, on top of making most consumables refill on rest so you don't end up saving up all consumables but never using them because progress is saved in this game and using consumables while dying means they are fucking wasted. All the useless sugars you find could instead be like parts of Gourd Seeds for your Healing Gourd, but for your respective buff Gourd instead. So if you find like three Red Sugars you can boost your attack buff Gourd capacity by one.
Hopefully I can make some Combat Arts more useful by increasing their vitality/posture damage or reducing recovery frames, or having some of them break poise. Maybe even change the inputs for prosthetics and Combat Art so you don't have to constantly switch them out in the pause menu, like holding the prosthetic button+dodge for Mist Raven and prosthetic+block for the Umbrella. Maybe even expand the hotkeys for your consumables so you can press 1-5 for the items you have mapped there instead of having to switch between each one one by one.

Great filter doesn't mean it's difficult. It just means it's difficult enough for casuals.
In Dark Souls that happened in the very tutorial - asylum demon.

Mortal draw is fucking useless, and it's a fucking crime considering how cool it looks.

I was taken by surprise with the headless bit the first time, but I got used to his moves both in the first part and second part and he became fun to fight. I got his ass by the poison pools first try too. Was also fun even if I had to use a fuckton of stuff to stay alive.

Im already past the 30hr marks and i jist beat Genichiro. Game can be big if you take your time exploring.

use the spear in the second phase when he's down after his overhead swing, it does insane damage

>tfw guardian ape's head is a recolored Ludwig head

Attached: 1545824497166.jpg (962x642, 125K)

Anyone else found these JAV noises hot ?

Attached: sekiro Screenshot 2019.04.02 - 19.18.34.46.png (1920x1080, 2.26M)

Where are you supposed to go after Genchiro? Is the next boss the 4 monkeys?
The order in this game seems odd.

damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

talk to kuro
>The order in this game seems odd.
there is no order, explore as you want

I killed you, faggot. I killed you and your gay friend and I danced on the grave of your dead wife too.
DANCE FOR ME, CHIMP. OR SHOULD I SAY NIGGER?

You wasted enough of your time to 100% these 3 games but you cant decide to spend 60 bucks to play the game that succeeds these games? Why wont you get a job instead of wasting more time on this board

Honestly though, Way of Tomoe Genichiro is the coolest version. I'm actually glad he does that because it's a pretty sick boss fight.

This

I dont get why some retards in here think rushing through and skipping everything is how youre supposed to play from software games.

>herp derp I finished the game in 28 hours haha, mom look

Either monkey, corrupted monk, or senpou. I suggest corrupted monk first so you can swim.

I saw someone use the umbrella to avoid the terror attack, I usually just run away (taking only minimal damage due to range of aoe) but should I try the umbrella? Or is the spear super worth it as far as the "extra" damage? I just farmed 15 more confetti last night so tonight Im ready for hopefully my final battle with him

I wish other things for the mortal blade. It could have been done a tad better, but I'm alright with it being more of a "power" than an actual second in game weapon.

*turns around *
*bends over*
*spreads*
*BRRRRAAAAAPPPPP*
>you are now poisoned

I just run away.
Pretty sure you only need like 3-4 spear to finish him off anyway.

pretty easy boss fight, desu, get some better moves senpai

run away, umbrella is a waste

I beat him in around 30 mins or so. The third phase liggtning swipe is a bit of a bitch but his regular moveset is pretty basic, easily dodgeable and he is not that hard to posturebreak so I had reasonable easy time doing him. Such an amaxing and enjoyable boss.

Attached: 1536581885904.jpg (680x1280, 154K)

The game is absolutely beautiful but most of the environment textures arent actually that high resolution. They're using a lot of clever design techniques to make you not notice where corners are cut, and it's actually a super impressive feat. They also have very good use of lighting and fog and other environmental effects and things to draw your eye to make it so every level doesn't have to be twice as large to compensate for the player looking in places they didn't intend for players to be looking in, on top of having fantastic skyboxes.
Western games lately like to focus on high quality high resolution 2 billion polygon realism for the underside of every rock instead of actual competent and optimized level design, so the games tend to be 50 gigs of pointless bloat.

Remember too, Sekiro is fully voiced and comes with voice tracks in more than one language that all fits into that tiny package.

I have 50 hours and Im at Guardian ape with 9 gourds, still have a bit at least im sure and plan to actually unlock all the endings (save edit fags are dildoes) so Im guessing ill have close to 100 altogether which is good for a 60 game, and a really fun one at that

i-is the first Ogre supposed to 1-shot you with any grab attack in NG+ or is it because i'm playing without Kuro's charm?

Attached: 1549031291803.jpg (716x563, 26K)

I literally got 35 hours from my first playthrough and I did Shura ending, only boss I got stuck on was Ishinn for like 5 lives and Guardian Ape for 4 lives.

don't respond to 457016526, he's a ban evading avatarfagging stalker

It does a lot more posture damage than pretty much any other attack.
I think it should have done a ton of health damage even through block, but balance issues probably.

more like
>misses entirely because this fight is not hard

Thanks guys, I've gotten used to running away so Ima do that. I've been saving my spirit emblems (during first phase, so no firecrackers as I dont need) so I could use mortal blow art. Anyone confirm if the spear is "more" damage and therefore more beneficial as far as using emblems in this fight?

do you spam shuriken then follow up slash the whole time right? I do too

like 30 minutes to get through one run of his fight or is this with retries? It took me 3 and a half minutes, in the early game, to beat him.

He just does that

What's the best ending?

Doesn't make sense how we go through the Abandoned Dungeon to get to the Senpou Temple. The distance is too fucking far and it's flaring up my autism.
SOMEONE WILL PAY

"dodge THIS!"
>you are now covered in my doodoo and poisoned

Dude you played the game wrong.
Before I went into any boss fight for the first third or so of the game, I would dump most or all of my remaining cash into emblems instead of buying coinpurses.
I had like 700 saved up by the time I got to Genichiro, and I'd already started spending most all of my money on merchants by then.
I never went out of my way to avoid using them up.

Literally just buy a bunch while they only cost 10 sen and you'll basically never run out.

Anyone feel the game is easier than Dark Souls and Bloodborne?

The the negative reviews saying "too hard" made me anxious to play. Little disappointing to be honest

>ashina elite
>Stand still
>Parry
>Win

I'm stuck at the Fountain Palace, Sakura Tree Idol, where the fuck do I go? I'm guessing I have to cross the other side of the buildings but the bridge is broken and I can't find a goddamn way to go there

Attached: 1553959620622.png (1047x1109, 1.54M)

>easier than daS
Nope its not, daS isnt a hard game but this is harder

kay he did that like once and he missed with that as well. He does better as a puppet for ghosts. Where he actually does cool stuff.

Is owl 2 supposed to be that hard?

With retries. The actual fight I didn't time, no time to look at my watch while fighting him. First tine I got to the second phase I was ''fucking shit'' but the first two hp bars became rather easy to breeze through without losing too many heals and then the last one was tense but I had honed my technique so it was just about remaining calm and not overextending.

Attached: 1536663967285.jpg (544x1024, 75K)

I only realized by the Demon of Hatred that Spirit Emblems were actually limited. Up until that point I thought they'd always fully refill on rest, and that you'd only start off with zero if you died for real, because that's how I perceived it always worked for me. I wish I'd known that sooner.

>tfw I don't have the trigger reflexes to beat General Tenzen Yamauchi
I keep jumping when he does his thrust attack and get skewered. And he has that one slash that has pretty much no windup to it.

>enjoyed the souls series
>feel absolutely no reason to keep playing this game
why am i not enjoying this? it feels like i'm doing a chore

I literaly just talked to the grandma at the middle of the lake, forget my retarded question

Attached: 8da993121015d9a8de9d912742180878.jpg (512x510, 30K)

Early on it's always a good idea to explore a bit if you're stuck on a boss. In that sense the game is actually quite forgiving, more so than most seem to believe.

Prosthetics feel kinda tacked on desu, barely used them and firecracker is to op. They have some utilization at the start of the game but felt like I barely had to use them towards the end

I actually had much more ease with Owl 2 than the first Owl fight, but I was on NG+

youtu.be/Lyo6O8aUTyQ

>Chained Ogre
How did people have so much trouble with that thing. All you need to do it 420 blaze it and jump. There's also a bunch of grappling hooks spots around. Blazing Bull is legit bullshit though. The fact that it doesn't deagro after you die is super annoying

Attached: 1546886257171.png (1475x1437, 1002K)

I got around 40 first time through. Took my time exploring, got stuck on some of the bosses for a while. If you're not using a guide or rushing through all of the main content I don't think 40 is too ridiculous.

That's because you got good user.

they're not supposed to be mandatory, but they can help a great deal. how is that tacked on?

maybe its experience
I know the whole "gotta break your habits" and "this isnt dark souls" meme, but I think it certainly helped compared to someone who hasn't played

Just press L1

God why are all of the Combat Arts so fucking garbage? The only one I've found useful so far is Ichimonji Double.
Is anything in the Senpou Style tree worth grabbing?

It has less replaybility than other Souls games, but imo the core gameplay is more satisfying in Sekiro so the fun/time ratio is about the same. Also, if you 100% BB, you should enjoy at least one playthrough, a NG+ playthrough and save-cheating to get the last two endings.

Rot should only happen from resurrection not deaths. That way you actually feel responsible for it, and it's a moral dilemma.

You can just hold circle and run towards the bull's ass and he literally cannot hit you. Stab his anus until he dies and you'll win the fight, it's that easy.

You know you can get a sneak attack on him, right?

Then stop playing it, play something else

I heard the flying kicks one does shitton of posture damage on sweep.

I didn't even give him a chance in the last part. I was all over him, he did one lighting arrow and that was it. You can interrupt his bow attacks if you're gutsy enough. I think that phase lasted under a minute for me. You gotta call his bluff. He's desperate, drawing on the lightning of tomoe. If you lay into him he doesn't really defend himself well. He does parry but he's not at all like the first phase but it SEEMS like he'd be even more vicious but no. He's backed into a corner.

get shadowfall, that one is fucking OP. stuns almost everything including SS isshin and does big damage

that's not an explanation

I already killed it with the power of the firecracker

>use stealth candy
>trivialize every enemy encounter
>boss battles
>wait for them to do a charged attack that usually leaves them wide open
>run to the side and land a charged hit of my own
> repeat for 20 minutes

Was this game supposed to be this bad?

Whats with all the shitty tips??
Phase 2: parry all of his attacks and when you parry his sword slam, run to his neck and use the spear prostethic for huge posture damage.

>senpou tree
Ha I maxed the ashina tree and worked up the prosthetic shit

everything else was low effort "ehh gotta dump my points somewhere"

Damn thats a nice chunk. Is blocking work or only a deflect?

I'll tell ya once i finish saving up for Floating cloud

Attached: de808b0eeedd584de68a5a1f2cf7b4e9a7787c0d_hq.gif (500x281, 414K)

fucking this, I don't understand how they fucked that one up

Then there would be 0 reason to resurrect, especially more than once.
There's a reason you have more than one resurrect node, and only one restores on death.

Yes, I'm having this much trouble even after getting one stealth deathblow on him.

>Hated the souls series
>Love this and absolutely want to keep playing this game

Yeah you can rape him against a corner or edge of the arena in the first two hp bars sometimes, like straight up stunlock.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it works as long as it hits your sword one way or the other
I might be wrong though, so try to go for the deflect

the fall deathblows on nightjar are really cool. I only saw them because of shadowrush.

If you want to play it in the most boring way possible, don't let us stop you
youtube.com/watch?v=7I_M98AKZ1w

Don't, I literally just did, its fucking shit.

You don't even need the firecrackers, he's just that easy.

Run around like sanic and practice your spear step then

Sword Saint phase 2 is fucking my shit up. I don't think i can make it bros

Attached: 1529161415611.jpg (827x827, 143K)

It's about as bad. Imagine your first playthrough of das or des of whatever soulsborne you first played completely blind, that's what the combat will feel like until you get the hang of it. After beating das for the first time das 2, 3 and BB felt relatively easy because they all have similar systems while sekiro feels completely different while holding the same difficulty and expecting the same from the player

it's more action than RPG, it's just different. nothing wrong with that

I think its more intense than daS. Like as in, the iframes and leveling as well as many more small things make daS easier. You get to a point where notihing at lower areas can really cause you grief. In sekiro, you can be maxed out and still get fucked by a starting enemy if they surprise you

This game is the best “Undertaker Sit Up” Simulator I’ve ever played

I just never knew you could do that. sometimes I forget that posture damage can make a fight go quicker even though the ashina elite literally proves that it can.

keep at it and keep in mind that his last phase is the easiest, motivate yourself with that. lightning reversal fucks him up

Where to buy devine confetti? I'm at corrupted monk.

most useless move ever, roosters can knock you out of it. Does shit damage. dunno how this got to be an end tier skill but fuck, it's not worth it, if you're going for a mushin skill get like shadowfall or something.

It's good you guys don't design games because that idea is fucking retarded.
If rot happened on resurrect the entire resurrect mechanic would be pointless. Why even include it at that point.

Bait his spear jump attack then deflect that shit for opening.

How was your OP looking for an explanation? The explanation is that its a fucking different game genius. DaS allows you to overlevel and turtle, and summon, and abuse iframes. This game doesnt and you have to literally gitgud on every encounter. You suck, so you feel bored by having to fight for your life when you used to be able to overpower the enemies or let your bf do it for you. There's your explanation

praying strikes is okay

Dont use trees, it just widens the gap. Stay on him

fucking what? you can cure dragonrot you idiot and it would give you an incentive you choose "die" over "resurrect"
why even choose "die" in the current version?

Man your making this sound awesome, and I think that may have been intentional. I kept dying because he scared me. Finally I just treated hin like I did before and I killed him. That's a interesting way of mixing presentation and gameplay.

Posture damage is how you're supposed to win the majority of fights in the game. There are only a few where vitality damage is easier.
If anything you're meant to deal enough vitality damage to slow down the boss's posture recovery enough to actually build up some posture damage

dying and coming back like wolf does IS resurrection, but it's drawing on the life force of other people, whereas the one using the nodes is actual dragon's blood resurrective power. So it's not killing anyone when he uses it.

Thanks man, Ima try this tonight

Attached: 1282158363513.jpg (640x414, 48K)

>Flames of Hatred
what the fuck were they thinking? This is the only boss in the game that encourages you to use iframes to win. Why did they decide to pander to dark souls fags with this one boss?

Use bell demon, go to ashina castle
Kill the blue robe samurai guys for a while until you have enough confetti.

>This is the only boss in the game that encourages you to use iframes to win
not true at all, positioning is key in this fight. it's a great fight, just different
use confetti and malcontent whistle if he's kicking your ass

kys firecracker noob. If you used firecrackers EVEN ONCE you didn't really complete it

that's actually exactly how it went for me. Circled back to the same corner I got his first deathblow in oddly enough for the second one in the first phase. It's too bad he's using tomoe's style as a last resort, cause otherwise he might have seemed way more powerful.

wrong bitch

I still dunno how I won this fight.
>won 3rd try
>beat 2nd form first time
>somehow did a lightning reversal when I was trying to jump dodge

The gods were on my side that day.

I can only imagine how small your penis must be.

I abused iframes for a lot of bosses. I think this is the best roll+r1 in from games

Where is bell demon?

>fountainhead palace
I’m glad I didn’t spoil myself. This is hands down the best looking level of any souls games. It’s literally false Japanese heaven with ayys chilling around playing soccer

So that there are consequences for making the game easier. The entire resurrect mechanic would not be pointless. Getting rot isn't that big of a deal to make resurrecting useless. It's cheap to heal the rot. People would still resurrect but they would do it knowing that there are consequences.

bigger than you're

Anyone else playing with additional hardships and bell ringed?
i can't beat ape

>this post again
Being this much of an insufferable faggot but like anonymously

Attached: 13685601245745.jpg (500x373, 50K)

*your

What's the point of the candies? Some of them seem redundant since they buff things that don't really need to be buffed

Attached: 1552656741494.jpg (1280x1280, 633K)

Yes I understand there is a lore reason, but lore isn't some unchangeable element that the devs have to comply with. They made the lore and the mechanics, and they could have done a better job integrating them.

Send help guys I'm stuck on shit saint fuckface and cannot even make it to his second (3rd) phase. I want to quit but the autist in me wont let me I'm dead inside

Attached: 1543134005294.jpg (600x800, 38K)

the only useful one is the stealth one, most items in this game are shit

>whats the point of buffing
What kind of question is that? You get better stats, is this your first video game?

This, he leaves himself open for so long with firecrackers. You can get in atleast 6 slashes with just 1 use.

noone?

This is so obvious. They must have scraped it because it created complexities that they didn't have time to deal with.

Orin is an easy bitch after Butterfly

Stuck on Corrupted monk. Tbh not having much fun anymore.

>I dont use this so its pointless
I agree that the exploring of this game to only find the items that exist (and not armor or weapons) is a bit of negative, but the items themselves are perfectly fine

Who the fuck thought this boss was a good idea?
>hey what if you had a boss that would disable your ability to dodge and run
>and it also quickly built up terror when it hits you, even if you block it, which is your only option
>oh yeah also you need a consumable every time you fight it
AND THEN THEY MAKE YOU FIGHT IT MULTIPLE TIMES
FUCK AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1541750809221.jpg (1212x682, 57K)

not him, but the effect is so short and small without devotion that it seriously doesn't make a difference in a proper fight. it also takes too long to cast

Snap seeds

Take off the debuffs

Seems like Genichiro and Buttlefly are the biggest filters, though we can't see how many stopped at bull or ogre

Attached: 1548823425453.png (939x931, 133K)

zaps hurt and are scary, so just don't let it happen. What's better than reversing the lightning? Not getting hit with it at all.

what are you?
gay?

Jump away from the attacks don't try to block them

>NG+
>Blazing Bull
>tanking the burn to parry it into a Posture kill💯

I beat butterfly in 3 tries. Never dodged. can't beat Orin. Ashe two shots me and completely destroys my posture in her combo.

it's 90% stat buffs that barely last and healing/resurrection items. it's garbage

>slow as fuck windup to every attack but speeds up massively at the very end

What a fucking asshole boss

>forcing you to fight it before you have the items to deal with it properly
I'm sorry, where in the game did that happen? You get the gourd for terror and confetti can be farmed and bought. You sound like the guy angry they went the catacombs/skeles first in dark souls

Is this Steam? Don't use PC, you can't tell how many people are cheating. On PS4 the trophy percentages are pathetic, mostly sub 10%.😂

>
kys

>how did casuls casul?
Gee..

Where get confetti?

The blue samurai in the castle.

Phase 2 is a parry fight for me, i don't know what activates his overhead slam that is blockable, but it staggers him and you can use the polearm to drill down to his neckhole for a lot of stagger

this gives dying weight and a reason to stay alive or use the resurrection mechanic they give you. If you're having trouble with dragon rot, stop dying, or let it progress a bit. It's not the end of the world if a memorial mob dies unless he has unique items but even then there's a box for that at the sculptor's temple. You can even get stuff like the phantom kunai from it, I don't see why a mottled red gourd or a mossy green gourd couldn't end up there. I'm sitting on ten droplets because dragonrot is not that big of a problem. It's not like a new person gets it with each death, it takes many deaths to get one person infected.

>so short
I mean if a boss fight is only a minute long (or couple for "big" bosses) then having the buff last longer than a few seconds would take away from the difficulty of the game
>too long to cast
Its not long at all, its just not instant. Its like 2-3 seconds for the "stance" and you need to do so with some level of strategy in a an actual boss encounter. Its true you dont even need them, but thats whY I like this game, everything is kind of optional if you just deflect/block/attack and read quick and well.

>genchinpo😂

I just wish it had more interesting items instead of boring stat buffs that barely makes a difference in the end. the buff is also really small

Farming sucks.

I used confetti + ako and that really helped with his posture, but bottomline is you just have to learn his moveset. Don't give up. On my first 8 or so tries I couldn't get like 3 hits on him before he killed me.

Literally what is garbage? Not having more items? Or the items as they exist (as in the fact that its stat buffs and heals)? Because if its the existence, what other items would you even want?

Why the fuck do you want an incentive to choose to die over resurrecting? The entire point of the game and story is that you can die twice, if the game punished you for using the mechanic that the subtitle is derived from it would be a shit game and a pointless mechanic.
You have the option to choose die if your run is fucked and you know you're just going to get killed again anyway so you want to go back to the idol for a fresh attempt without waiting out your second life.

There are consequences to resurrecting, you have to beat the boss you just died to. The challenge is still present. Why should the central mechanic the game is named after be one the player is punished for using? If you're going to include a mechanic like resurrection it should be incentivized for the player to actually fucking use it.

Right now when you die you have a choice between giving up and definitely causing dragonrot, or trying again and having a chance at not causing dragonrot because you overcame a challenge. If you resurrect but still die, dragonrot happens because of the players actions, failing their second chance. The better option is ALWAYS to keep going, to use the mechanic that you're supposed to be using.
In your system you would have a choice between giving up and not causing dragonrot, or trying again and definitely causing dragonrot whether you win or not.
It doesn't matter how well you play after you resurrect, you still cause dragonrot either way. It is NEVER a good choice to resurrect instead of dying and starting from scratch.
Your system turns the resurrect mechanic into one that is literally never a good option and no actually sane player would resurrect instead of just trying again from scratch because resurrecting is guaranteed to fuck their game and make them spend a rare resource to fix it. When nobody uses it because it's literally always a bad option, it might as well just not exist as a mechanic.
You want to make it pointless.

see

jump on her from behind and you can get a backstab deathblow. The devs went for a "jump on and stab her in the ass" metaphor.

Ichimonji: Double is the best, but
>flying kicks instant posture break on most enemies if you do it into a sweep
>praying strikes comes out insanely fast and has large stagger so you can interrupt attacks (it does almost no damage though)
>mortal blade arts do obscene damage through blocks
>shadowrush and shadowfall are arguably the second most viable - gap closer into attack interrupt and lots of free damage on the bounce
Essentially use shadowfall and mortal blade until you run out of emblems, then return to faithful double

What said, more specifically go to the Antechamber idol in Ashina Castle and just stealth kill the first couple blue robed samurai. They drop scrap iron, magnetite, and confetti. Also the white bitch with the pot offers shit normally, but a chance for the DEF sugar so its not a bad grind since so easy to stealth.

>choke hard against lightning
>manage to pull myself together with a mikiri to finish it
I think I would've lost it if I died after getting so close

Attached: isshin.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

Okay I'm at Owl and I cant even get him below half the first bar, this is the first boss I have problems with
>Massive damage, some moves nearly one hit me
>Close to no openings, even if you hit him is just one hit, that is if he doesn't just jump back
>Ridiculous posture, I parry him a lot and it feels like it doesnt even move.
>No chances to mikiri or jump counter, just parry for no posture damage and hope he lets you hit him once before jumping

Attached: 1357221993975.jpg (450x337, 43K)

>Why the fuck do you want an incentive to choose to die over resurrecting?
so that me repeatedly using my power has consequences instead of being able to resurrect and run back to the idol so dragonrot doesn't happen. it would punish casuals and give you an incentive to moderate your power
not that it matters, because dragonrot is too forgiving anyways

Ok fair enough

Owl is hard as hell. He's probably the 2nd hardest boss next to the final boss imo. You really have to either get really good at dodging his attacks or perfect parry everything. Blocking his attacks is suicide because he destroys posture.

In the end Demon of Hatred took me the longest to beat out of any of the bosses (30 minutes, 8 attempts, if I died on first phase I didn't even bother resurrecting because I made a dumb mistake if I died on first phase).
It actually highlights why I still find Bloodborne or some parts of the Souls games more difficult than Sekiro, once Sekiro's combat clicked (upon beating Genichiro) on aggression and deflecting, I had little to no trouble with the majority of the bosses in the game afterward. If I'm allowed to rely on reaction time and rhythm it's easy to succeed but Demon of Hatred is a Souls boss through and through in that you can't fall back on just reaction time allowing aggression, you have to know what the boss does and where to stay behind it or you get fucked. It takes more for me to learn a boss than to just take it head on with what I already know.

WHAT DO I GIVE KOTARO, RED AND WHITE OR JUST WHITE?! TELL WHAT HAPPENS FUCK.

Am currently cheesing the second Snake Eyes and don't even feel bad about it tbqh. I beat this bitch once, can't be fucked with doing it again.

Attached: cutie.jpg (600x600, 33K)

Lightning counter is cool as hell but it's so finicky, half the time you will be at the apex of your jump when you get hit and just sperg about for a few seconds while spamming R1 instead of actually reversing

you can still do arts combat without emblems, unless they're so weak without them that it's not worth it.

he wants white. but he'll trust you because you're trying to help if you give him red and white, so you can send him to the dungeon or to the merchant

if you give him red and white, he says "white please", but then trusts you so you can send him to dungeon
if you give him white he gets sad and asks you to spirit him away (intended quest progression)

You think? You know, I'm not the one drawing my self-esteem from a video game.

you have a small penis and are bad at video games

So I'm new to the game. Headed first into Hirata Estate and the lady butterfly is fucking my shit up. Should I head back and defeat Ogre and return another time to beef myself up or am I shit and should be able to handle her this early?

white but you need a certain prosthetic to spirit him away after that. This is important for the secret ending.

It would give you an incentive to never resurrect at all you retard, you wouldn't be moderating any power.
You'd just exclusively die and then go back to the idol to try again like it's fucking dark souls or something because if you choose to resurrect it doesn't even matter if you win or lose the fight afterwards.

You don't like resurrection because you just want this game to be dark souls 4 you fucking nigger

Does backstabbing her and then using multiple fire crackers count as cheesing?

You can handle her early when you realize that you can basically put her in a pattern by attacking twice, dodging, then repeating the process. Second phase just run around until all the adds disappear then resume.

Update: I cheesed the Snake Eyes.

You're a shinobi, not a samurai. There's no cheesing, only victory.

Yeah I know you're supposed to slightly delay your jump before he hits you with lightning but the timing messed me up sometimes.

They disappear on their own? They are what's really giving me grief. I have no problems with her first faze, but her second I can't handle especially since they don't give you snap seeds early game

Attached: TwainsBed.jpg (720x739, 59K)

Does this fully block the scream? If so that's fuckin great.

>It would give you an incentive to never resurrect at all you retard
except if you didn't want to die and was close to winning a fight. are you fucking retarded? you sound like a huge casual scared of consequences for playing badly
>You don't like resurrection because you just want this game to be dark souls 4 you fucking nigger
literally fucking what? that makes zero sense

You can handle every boss in the game as early as you can fight them.
Just learn how to not get hurt by her attacks. Shuriken her when she jumps in the air but before or after she is sitting on a wire, it'll knock her down and give you an opening.

it's pretty nice but you can't really punish it, it's just an alternative to running away

>his gives dying weight and a reason to stay alive or use the resurrection mechanic they give
there's already an incentive to stay alive, to make the fight easier.
>If you're having trouble with dragon rot, stop dying
The game already has consequences for dying, adding another is stupid. A moral choice of making the game easier in exchange for getting others sick is more compelling. Even if the consequence doesn't really matter, the consequence gives players a moral choice.
>It's not the end of the world if a memorial mob dies unless he has unique items but even then there's a box for that at the sculptor's temple. You can even get stuff like the phantom kunai from it, I don't see why a mottled red gourd or a mossy green gourd couldn't end up there. I'm sitting on ten droplets because dragonrot is not that big of a problem. It's not like a new person gets it with each death, it takes many deaths to get one person infected.
And that's my point. You said it gives dying weight, and then you say the consequence doesn't even really matter. I'm saying that the consequence doesn't really matter either. It's easy to deal with, so it doesn't give dying any more weight because the player already wants to win.

>They disappear on their own
They do. Just run around for like 10 seconds and they'll all disappear. They do turn into homing missiles though so just keep running to avoid it

>There are consequences to resurrecting, you have to beat the boss you just died to.
Retard. No there aren't. You reduced the bosses health, so getting a second chance makes the game easier.

kay so you want them to rewrite a whole aspect of the game because you don't want the game to punish you for dying. If you get punished for using your resurrection then the punishment is literally optional, and most people wouldn't be fucked to try any harder to win because death holds no punishment. They'd always take the death there and start the boss over unless it was like one hit away, which would cause no dragonrot to accumulate cause you used it probably the once and if it's any more, it's a very small handful. What you're saying makes the game easier, not harder.

>do shura ending first cause why not
>Emma suddenly destroys me
>takes potshots while I chug
>do the ol parry dance, win next round
>isshin comes around, destroys me
>do the ol parry dance, I still lose
Most fun boss fights in the game right here. Donkey Kong gave me quite some trouble until I remembered you guys telling me to just parry everything which worked. Apestein and Smoughrilla got taken down in 1 try thank God.

Funnily enough my biggest walls in the game were Shinobi Hunter and Juuzou

this but unironically

How do I get to the secret location in Mibu Manor. I know about the secret room that involves going underwater, but the other one with the beast behind the wall I don't know.

dawg don't take my rage as a criticism, I love the game
why do you people always do this for fromsoft games

Just jump around and start looking for a pilar to cover your self for when she turns´em into butterflies

Owl(Father) in Hirata on NG+. I fucked up and didn't fight him in NG. Any tips?

>kay so you want them to rewrite a whole aspect of the game because you don't want the game to punish you for dying
are you actually retarded? it's the literal opposite, I want consequences for repeatedly dying. I think it's too forgiving as it is. the aspect of the game is that repeatedly dying causes dragonrot, so resurrection should make it accumulate more, but it doesn't
you're just saying "n-no u" while pretending not to be a casual

Old Isshin is scary at first. Then you realise he's massively open every time he does One Mind. I beat him by just running around and baiting that move and using his huge ass recovery period to full charge Double Ichimonji him in the back.

how the fuck do you beat the gun granny mini bosses? They fuck me up real hard and I cant even tell why. Also do I have to beat Genchinpo first before getting behind the door where you fight the centipede boss?

>There are consequences to resurrecting, you have to beat the boss you just died to.
Wrong. You get a second chance on a boss that you damaged already. It literally makes the game easier.
>Your system turns the resurrect mechanic into one that is literally never a good option and no actually sane player would resurrect instead of just trying again from scratch because resurrecting is guaranteed to fuck their game and make them spend a rare resource to fix it. When nobody uses it because it's literally always a bad option, it might as well just not exist as a mechanic.
That's not true at all. Dragonrot is not a big deal to cure. It would just make people think twice about doing something immoral. What if the boss is one hit away and you can choose to resurrect? Every single person would take the low road and resurrect.
I don't see the point of penalizing death, because that's not a moral choice.

>tfw just bought sekiro

Attached: it begins3.jpg (598x508, 95K)

>i-it takes longer if you explore and d-don't use guides!
lmao cope more, you fucking suck at the game

Attached: 1552081186423.jpg (1024x903, 70K)

it doesn't matter when a useless npc that only sells items gets it, but when actual npcs that are crucial to the plot get it, then it matters. And when you lock that to the resurrection mechanic, it happens even less, and the punishment is now up to the player. That's not a punishment, it's a minor detriment, the reason they use it now is to avoid the dragonrot, and they can still get the dragonrot if they die anyway after the resurrection. But if the mechanic has the punishment then it's completely avoidable and people will just use it when it's most convenient (like one hit away to win when it's pretty much in the bag) and dragonrot will have even less impact.

>grapple to obscure location, hidden deep inside a cave somewhere in a mouintain
>reward is a fistful of ass and some sugar
thanks

Fuck this faggot
I cant stand his almost undodgeable arrow spam move and trying to do the lightning reflect just gets me killed

yes you do
hit and run snake eyes

fucking this. you're a serious brainlet if you can't comprehend this

remain aggressive and you can cut *almost* all of his combos down to one attack, but you need to attack immediately after deflecting. Hesitation is defeat.
Also, whenever he shoulder barges into firecracker, if you dodge forward and to his right you can miss his crackers and sweep and get in a cheeky few hits on his back.

>woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Attached: Sekiro Woo Guy (1).webm (640x360, 898K)

Nobody would actively choose to definitely spread dragon cancer instead of just trying the fight again consequence free. You're describing a system where being shit at the game has no consequences, and if you want to resurrect then haha fuck you even if you actually play well after you do.
Imagine saying you want to add an optional mechanic that punishes the player regardless of whether they are skilled or not, instead of an optional mechanic that allows players to avoid punishment if they are skilled and only punishes players that are unskilled.

The consequences to resurrecting are: If you are unskilled you will not be able to avoid punishment.
What you want: You will get punished whether you are skilled or not if you choose this option.
Are you retarded?

The game already has consequences for repeatedly dying, it's called dragonrot. The entire point of the resurrect mechanic is to allow you to avoid those consequences if you play skillfully.
The changes you want to make are ridiculous and retarded.

You're part of the 14% right Yea Forums? You're not bad at video games are you?

Attached: easy game easy life.jpg (930x85, 10K)

GOAT bossfight

Attached: isshin.jpg (1920x1080, 285K)

>resurrecting
>skillful
come the fuck on. you're a huge casual
see

Yeah I got it last night. Pure kino fight

Attached: sekiro.png (1184x808, 148K)

Save your spirit emblems for the second phase. Don't bother with firecrackers, jump over his grab, put your left stick upper left so you jump over the arm and to his left to punish him.

For the second phase keep distance and bait out the four hit swipe he does, the final hit has it stand straight up then drop the sword, deflect that and he'll be stunned. Have the spear prosthetic equipped and during this stun, hit the tool button twice with the spear. You'll pull out the centipede controlling him and deal a decent amount of damage.

14% seems exceedingly high, usually like 5% beat the game according to cheevos

I almost never use the res because if I die it's because I was so shit that resurrecting won't matter. I usually take the death because it'll happen anyway. If I res it'll be because I was literally so close that if I hadn't gotten hit it would have been over in my favor, your suggestion doesn't change much for me. You sound like you want me to be impressed with who you are or something. Get this: I killed Genichiro as my second boss. I took a lot of deaths over resurrecting until I finally just got how to fight him, I didn't need a resurrection to win. I don't see how your way makes too much of an actual impact. Resurrecting is the one thing I try not to use because, well I shouldn't need it.

Attached: Capture.jpg (906x68, 10K)

they come from the kites up in the air. They did surprise me in the beginning though.

Not really. DS3 had like 23% who beat the final boss

Attached: ds3.png (1188x799, 167K)

> And when you lock that to the resurrection mechanic, it happens even less, and the punishment is now up to the player.
This assumes that the rules of the universe are locked and that the devs couldn't balance the game differently. Not really an argument.
>And when you lock that to the resurrection mechanic, it happens even less
Same for this.
>and the punishment is now up to the player.
Which I find more compelling
>But if the mechanic has the punishment then it's completely avoidable
Yes, which I would find more interesting. Players choose to make the game harder.
>people will just use it when it's most convenient (like one hit away to win when it's pretty much in the bag)
I think a lot of people would use it if they got the boss down to half health. It makes the choice more interesting. And one use would cause rot, so it would be a balancing decision for the dev.
>dragonrot will have even less impact.
that's another balancing issue. I think it would have more impact because a lot of people wold choose to make a really hard a little bit easier in exchange for not getting the best endings.

>>You sound like you want me to be impressed with who you are or something
>immediately boasts about some shit he did in a video game
google irony you fucking loser. I personally think my suggestion would make the game better, I don't give a fuck about your "hardcore" ass

Dragonrot isn't meant to literally end your playthrough, but it's a consequence for failing repeatedly and it requires a moderately rare resource to cure.
It's not meant to be a moral choice you pretentious faggot, it's a mechanism to give skilled players a chance to avoid the consequences that failure carries.
Dragonrot doesn't have the weight to be a competent moral choice system because all it does is temporarily interrupt quests and reduce your chance of unseen aid.
And again, as a fucking baseline, the player should be incentivized to use the mechanic that THE GAME IS NAMED AFTER.

Understanding good game design doesn't make me a casual, but failing to understand good game design DOES make you a retard.

its not, stop lying

>dragon droplets
>a moderately rare resource
lol nigga you can easily obtain over 10 in one playthrough

Google irony you fucking loser, your suggestion would objectively make the game shittier from both a thematic and a game design perspective.
Calling other people "casuals" because they aren't retarded like you are doesn't make you some hardcore rise up gaming genius you pretentious nigger

and yet you want to implement this arbitrary fucking mechanic that makes it harder cause "it's too easy for me I'm hardcore" you don't get to say that shit when you opened this with "I wish it was harder cause it'll filter out casuals" because you want to feel more hardcore.

>Resurrecting is the one thing I try not to use because, well I shouldn't need it.
The way I see it, I think you should be rewarded with not causing dragon rot because you are taking the moral high ground.

Attached: harakiri.jpg (1920x1080, 392K)

>Understanding good game design doesn't make me a casual
explain how it's good
>n-no u
lmao
>objectively
go ahead and prove that you sheeting idiot

>limited resource spaced out through the game of which most players will only encounter a single digit number
>not moderately rare

pretty sure harakiri is an hero

This was a pure kino moment. I was kinda hoping Hanbei got a similar harakiri moment

Good job, user. I'll just take this opportunity shill (not really) my channel then.
The quality is shit though, so I guess I better stick to youtube with this connection. (I assume it's the connection issue, since my rig should handle something like this).
twitch.tv/videos/405051792?t=01h27m51s

Attached: 1553324340174.png (500x334, 236K)

it literally is, dragon's return is considered a secret ending because of all the shit you have to do to get it. Just getting kotaro to the illusion realm takes some looking, and getting the serpent shit takes even more looking. that poor monkey puppet though. that shit was unfortunate.

You're a shinobi who throws dirt in people's eyes to win fights at all costs, and you think choosing to fail instead of try again to succeed is the moral high ground?

I was hoping to be able to fight more monster type enemies like headless and demon of hatred

You obtain 10 just from stores. More if you explore. And you only ever need 2 or 3 to cure dragonrot, once after you git gud and second time when you get stuck on ape.

He cut his stomach open moments before. You basically do him the honor of beheading him. You can even see his wound on his stomach.

i didnt. i wanna parry shit not dodge some stupid bloodborne rejects

10 single-use items sounds like the definition of moderately rare

harakiri is literally "stomach cutting", just one aspect of seppuku.

I mean, I dunno how they'd reward you. Getting more attack power is already a pretty good reward for killing a boss.

>YARE!
Kino fight desu

Attached: 1538201006299.jpg (997x781, 398K)

>arbitrary fucking mechanic
how is it any less arbitrary than what's already in the game?
also see except sekiro takes the moral high ground when he decides to break immortality, he's not a regular shinobi at all. kuro's righteousness rubbed off on him

Cool design but the first phase is absolute cancer.

>I dunno how they'd reward you
by not getting AIDS and letting you do sidequests for them and buy stuff

with him thought the stomach cut does nothing at all. Even when Sekiro stabbed his hand in and pulled the centipede out it wasn't a kill. Only when he stabbed it (admittedly a bit more brutally than he need to) did he actually kill hanbei.

ACTUALLY he starts the fight with the stomach already cut. You can see it in the intro cutscene. Not sure if it's a bug.🐱

I already did explain it several times throughout this reply chain. I don't know how many times I have to detail effective reward and punishment cycles to you until you finally get it.
The player should be punished for lack of skill, ie actually dying or resurrecting and still failing to defeat the boss, not for using the core mechanic the game presents to you.
It's not my fault if you're too autistic to read posts you reply to.

>his head didn't come off
fucking japs and their gore censorship. This game would be 10x more kino if there was dismemberment.

You don't have to fight it early on?

Look here, boys. WE GOT A SHITTER. HE GOT COVERED IN MONKEY POOPOO AND NOW HE'S BITCHING
POOPOO BOY
POOPOO BOY
POOPOO BOY
POOPOO BOY

Attached: 1554113795738.jpg (334x506, 42K)

>I already did explain it several times throughout this reply chain
same as I did. we're simply in disagreement, there's no point in going back and forth like this. you're repeating yourself, and i won't bother doing the same

Godspeed, don't spoil yourself too much.

I wish I could get ass and sugar irl.

It is a good game and well polished in a lot of places but From removing good mechanics from their other games turned things sour. Abandoning stats and the summoning system that was so popular didn't make this qame better.

because it's not necessary to filter anyone out, look at everyone saying the chained ogre and the blazing bull are hard fights and they gave up for good with them. It's already filtering people out. There's no need to add an extra layer, which they already give an option to make everything even harder from ringing the demon bell.

Except he doesn't take any kind of moral high ground you fucking nigger.
There are four endings to the game and not even the immortal severance ending purports to be Sekiro taking any kind of moral high ground.

requester here. Using all the adviceI beat him fairly quickly, but had to resurrect twice in the fight. thanks guys
phase 2 really was just a parry fight, just run away when you think hes about to do the scream. if he doesnt scream, well at least you were careful

nice bait

you can buy stuff even when they have aids though.