It's still the best one in the series

It's still the best one in the series.

Attached: file.png (1206x1276, 2.58M)

Unfortunately.
Really gay how 2 and 3 have huge flaws.

BASED

Such as?

Yeah give me at least 5 huge flaws those two games have that Dark Souls 1 doesn't.

I don't think so but I am just a user on a chinese cartoon board

>Yeah, Dark Souls 1 is okay, but it really falls apart after Anor Londo.

Attached: soyjudicator.png (304x377, 19K)

And 1 doesn’t?

Its flaws give it character and its strengths more than make up for them.

Sucks that we never got a proper followup to Dark Souls 1, everything afterward went in a totally different direction. At least BB and Sekiro are good, but it's not the same.

if BB had a more interconnected world, it would have been on the same level. Central Yharnam is incredible, but the level design after that doesn't really match it.

Its tied with Demons Souls for best.

It's the warping, they'll never match Dark Souls as long as they use it.

this unironically

For DS2
>Life gems
>Adaptability
>The regression of the world design
>Only able to level up at hub
>Hollowing mechanic

soul memory also

soul memory
warping from the start

I finally played the Dark Souls trilogy and honestly, 3 is a lot better than what people make out.
2 is a huge pile of shit though, at least compared to the others. I'd give it a 6/10

its has been a staple for some time now, i lost all hope in them ditching it

Also these. Also DS2 has more bad bosses and areas than both DS1 and DS3 combined.

Also clunkier controls, a ridiculous amount of different healing items and other consumable nonsense you'll never use, tons of "this probably made more sense in an earlier version" moments and an overall lack of quality control.

Attached: 60$ game in 2014.jpg (1920x1080, 407K)

DS2
>hitboxes
>soul memory
>bad level design and immersion
>adaptability
>lifegems

DS3
>lack of pacing
>mash r1 to win
>shields are useless
>30 fps on console, 60 on PC
>severe balance issues

DSR or modded vanilla has none of these issues. The level design is flawless. The challenge is perfect. There's maybe one weapon that isn't viable. No lifegems, soul memory, or adaptability. No loading screen to go to a fucking hub to level up or do anything.

My only real complaint is how op some of the rings are.

Dark Souls haters on Yea Forums are made up of your typical contrarians or people who couldn't git gud and hated all the initial DaS spam when it first came out.

>Dukes archives
>crystal caves
>sihn
>demon ruins and the copy pasted capra/tartarus demons
>ceaseless discharge and firesage
>lost izalith and bed of chaos
>not garbage

>clunky controls and no weight to anything
>slapped together world design, areas, and bosses

>Life gems
>Adaptability
>Hollowing mechanic
You call these flaws? These are actually non-issues you fucking scrub, git gud.

Lost Izalith and Demon Ruins are legitimately awful.
I didn't have a problem with the rest though. Tomb of Giants and Duke's Archives aren't bad areas, just not as good as the rest.

ADP is retarded, but the rest aren't awful

Too bad pretty much EVERYTHING past lordvessel is fucking garbage. Unironically the worst DS, but considered the best by retarded faggots blinded by muh nostalgia and/or their own stupidity.

>Git gud
No need, DS2 is the easiest game in souls thanks to life gems and adp

The world design and overall feel and tone of the game are the things which made Dark Souls 1 stand out to me. The sequels dropped the ball on those, most of all 2.

Never understood why people hate lost izalith as an area besides the BoC
Only Tomb of Giants is the one i'd call awful, the rest are all mediocre good or great

>sihn
>tartartus demons

sihn's in DS2, retard

Only ADP is a problem. All the rest are just optional mechanics.

I'm playing DS3 and it feels really big and empty. Not as bad as DS2 was, but still bad.

DS1 was nice and compact and well made.

>Bad world, hollowing and forced leveling at hub is optional
This better be bait

I like BB more, but DaS1 is a close 2nd.

Attached: very fast awooooooo running at incredibly hihg speed.jpg (624x288, 22K)

I like 3 more. 1 was really boring to me after the Lordvessel so I only ended up beating it once. 3 isn't as inspired but there weren't major stretches that I disliked.

I like Demon's the best

Attached: 32f.jpg (680x794, 33K)

Agreed. Bloodborne comes very close.

Dark Souls > Demon's Souls > Dark Souls 2 > Bloodborne > Dark Souls 3 > Sekiro

>DS2
>That high

DS2 is atrocious for the fact that PvE is terrible.

Sekiro is better than every dark souls title.

>BB below DaS2
>Sekiro last
Yikes!

It had the best online coop and funny messages

I love Dark Souls 1, but
>Ceaseless Discharge isn't an interesting fight
>copypasted Capra Demons
>reused Asylym Demon again (Firesage and Statue Enemies)
>poor texture work and unintuitive level design
>too linear
>lava is unironically too bright
>the area's unique enemies are uninteresting with shitty animations
>huge runback or pay 30 humanity
>BoC
I like the lore surrounding Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith but it's such a fucking chore

I can respect DeS over BB but what the fuck is DS2 doing that high

Based

BB = Sekiro >>>>> Soulshit

The online in Bloodborne was crap. I like the online coop in these games

There's nothing I actively dislike in Dark Souls 3 but almost all areas are just so incredibly boring and uninteresting that I have no desire to play it again

>Never understood why people hate lost izalith as an area
Massive fucking abuse of bloom and a really boring run through lava with boring dragon butts everywhere

at this point I lost all hope that they'll ever match it, let alone exceed it.

Attached: 2015-06-12_00009.jpg (1920x1080, 309K)

Only Dark Souls and Demon's Souls are good. The rest are boring.

>Id hud de bist cooop adn foneih musgis

Attached: crttiovt66u11.jpg (682x900, 115K)

Sorry to burst your bubble user but most people play Dark Souls games for the Single Player rather than multiplayer.

In terms of PvE:
DaS1 ≥ BB > DeS > Sekiro > DaS3 > DaS2

Attached: Chosen-Undead-DS-персонажи-Dark-Souls-фэндомы-4795630.jpg (675x664, 80K)

I kinda agree but it's not that extreme, the issue is that the areas up to and including Anor Londo are 10/10

I think Duke's Archives and Crystal Cave are great, New Londo is cool but short, and of course Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith are blatantly rushed

as far as i'm concerned they are the only pure Souls games. everything else is an imitation.

Why do you take games so seriously? They are just fun time wasters

You mean
>Sekiro = Demon's Souls

I mean, half of those problems are with Demon Ruins. As far as lost Izalith goes, the only real issues I see is the first bit with the giant demons and the BoC. I quite like the bit before the BoC fight.
If you wanna make the case that the whole run up to BoC is a chore then I would agree, but the areas themselves aren't really all that bad.

That's fair enough. I enjoyed most of them but I get why someone would feel that way.

The jap cover for the game is a lot comfier than the NTSC one

Why? It's lame

DaS had a really solid philosophy to open world progression with so many ways to bend it for replayability and it went completely ignored even by From itself. It's been 8 years and I'm still mad.

Sekiro isn’t a Souls game though, so Dark Souls is still the best Souls game

I like all these games regardless, user.

Attached: ayyyy.png (371x434, 253K)

Its comfy

THIS. It's not a problem specific to DS2, every other game does it except DS1, but it's least forgivable in 2 because it was straight regression.
Leveling being tied to a hub and waifu was and is one of the worst design decisions of the series.

Attached: twins.png (497x468, 265K)

The Souls games are all super rough around the edges.

Really ugly in parts (even if the visual design is nice, stuff is low res and ugly to a jarring level)
Serious performance issues (yes I'm playing on PC, but I played DS1 originally on PS3 and it was obviously a train wreck)
General mobs are almost always more difficult than the boss at the end of the level (the BIGGEST one for me personally, I love a hard boss and I'd prefer there's just a bonfire outside the boss battle)
Copy paste level design at times, or just shit level design in general (there were rooms literally copy and pasted about 10 minutes apart in DS3 with a new texture slapped on)

DS1 is still one of my top 10 games of the last 2 gens though.

The point was to redirect players to the hub, only Majula is a shit unpopulated hub that's too spread out with some autist slamming a piano out of rhythm on the background because dude HOLLOWING lmao.